Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closed The Hunter and Charmer (specific plot) (CLOSED)

Closed - no longer seeking

ShadricXeon

Error
Hello!

I made a separate search thread because a specific plot has been stuck in my mind and I really want to find the right RP partner for it. Please feel free to reach out to me by PM if you wish to discuss it.

You can call me Shadric or Xe, or both if you're feeling formal. I've been roleplaying, on and off, for quite a few years. I typically post about one or two paragraphs, but will try to mirror my partner. Sometimes I can manage three paragraphs if I mesh well with an RP partner.

The sections in spoilers have been copied from my main search thread, so if you've seen my thread before, you've seen these bullet points before.

I'm only interested in RPing on private messages on this site.

• Unless you're sending me a clearly copied/pasted message, ask personal questions, give me the impression you didn't read any part of my thread or your message is actually painful to read, I will guarantee that I will reply to your message within a few days (assuming you messaged me within 24 hours of my thread being bumped.) I know that anxiousness and panic when messages are met with silence all too well and don't want to give anyone else that feeling.
    • If your message does put me in a position where I'm not going to reply, I'll at least give you the courtesy of removing myself from the conversation so you have an answer.
  • I have a strong preference for drawn or anime reference images for characters and will not use photos of real people. Going solely off descriptions is acceptable, especially if either of us are playing a character that is hard to describe or doesn't really look like anything we can find as reference.
  • Communication is important. Whether it's letting each other know if life is going to keep us busy, clearing up some confusion in a post, exchanging future ideas for our RP or just chatting, consider OOC communication an open line.
  • Fandoms are not something I do often. There are a small few that I am familiar enough to RP within. You're free to ask, but here are a few: Star Wars (Legends continuity) and World of Warcraft (I have a few specific characters, I'd prefer to discuss characters before stories in this case.)
    • I should note that, if you do talk me into a fandom RP, there will be no smut within that RP. If you want to work together to make a setting inspired by a setting from an existing series or piece of media, then it's fine.
  • I'm very patient about replies as long as I know a reply is going to happen eventually. I've continued RPs that have been silent for close to a year as if there was no downtime before. With that said, I do have a tendency to check on RP partners who go quiet for a few weeks. Worrying about the well being of those around me is too heavily ingrained in my nature.
  • I'm not great at doubling. I can play multiple side/supporting characters, but I prefer to write one romantic pairing in an RP. I have a pair of characters I have who might work as an exception to my difficulties doubling as I've RPed them in the past, but you would need to really sell me on what you have in store for them. (They only work in modern fantasy settings if you want to suggest ideas.)
  • I am a friendly person and worrier by nature. If you suggest something is stressing you out, I will ask about it. If this makes you uncomfortable, please tell me and I will try to tone down that side of myself. And, please, do not mistake my friendly nature for me trying to get into a real life relationship with you. I've already lost an RP partner to that misunderstanding and I would hate to do it again. I'm not looking for real life relationships here, but my friendly nature may unintentionally give off that impression.
  • This one is kind of important, given the nature of this site. My ability to write smut has an unusual limit that I'm not comfortable posting here. I make a habit of bringing it up during planning of our RP because it has been a dealbreaker for many potential RP partners. I would prefer that we both agree that we're not a fit for each other rather than start an RP that one of us are not enjoying fully.
    • I do not really have a 'ratio' I look for. I definitely prefer story a lot more, but I don't have a specific ratio as that makes it feel like there is a quota. I just go where the interactions between our characters take us. If our characters happen to be that intimate with each other or they rarely even make physical contact, it doesn't bother me either way. It just needs to feel natural between our characters.
    • I do not have an F-List, but I can help you visualize what a hypothetical one would look like, though. Imagine all elements pertaining to story and character elements in this thread are under Favorites or Yes and all things pertaining to smut are either under Maybe or No. If you want to work something into the RP, don't be afraid to ask. The best way to convince me to try something is to work it into the story.

• An RP that only one of us are enjoying. If we aren't both enjoying it, it's not worth our time. I would rather rework or throw out an RP that one of us aren't excited about anymore than force us to continue in hopes things magically improve later on in the story. Do not be afraid to tell me you're not having fun with an RP anymore.
  • Any RP that breaks the rules of this site.
  • Unhealthy relationship dynamics between our characters. It's fine if our characters start out hostile, but I want their romantic relationship to be a healthy one when it happens. (This rule can be bent for the sake of this RP, but I want them to eventually establish a proper, healthy, relationship.)
  • I am not up for any group roleplaying at the moment. Sorry, it's like herding cats.
  • Putting the majority of the creative workload on me. I don't mind if you want to use any of the ideas already in my thread, but please provide some input beyond "I want to play that one. Here is a reference image for my character." I love hearing potential twists for my ideas. If you want to play them straight, that can work, too, but I would like the stories we write be a team effort.
  • I do not enjoy playing both sides of a fight with your character spectating. I tend to end those fights very quickly. If combat happens in our RP, I would prefer we split NPC duties. I'll play stuff fighting your character and you play things fighting my character.
  • RP outside of conversations. If I really enjoy our RP, I might ask for Discord tags so we can stay in touch if Blue Moon ever shuts down unexpectedly (like a previous RP forum I was on,) but I would prefer to keep our RP here until that day comes.
  • I will not play a character under the age of eighteen, nor will I match my characters with a character under eighteen. I won't play with or against characters or in plots that feel designed to circumvent the rules, either.

The plot below is a modified/cleaned up version of one on my main search thread:

Fox Demons are beautiful women with fox-like features, driven by a hunger for human life energy. It not only sustains their life, but fuels their magic. To feed this hunger, they use their magic to charm unsuspecting humans and lure them into seclusion and drain them of their life energy with a draining kiss that kills their victim. Feeding this hunger not only keeps them alive, but makes them more powerful. They are masters of illusion magic and can charm someone into lowering their guard or even doing their bidding to a limited extent. While they prefer not to fight, as their magic uses their own life force, they are still capable fighters with their own magic. Most simply accept that as their role in the world and consume without question, some embrace what they are and seek power. A rare few develop a sense of morality and try to find other means to live while others simply find a way to live that benefits the world at large, only preying on those the world would not miss.

• My character is one of the hunters/guards of a village that has been regularly attacked by one such fox demon. She would enter the village in human guise, claim a victim then flee into the woods when discovered only to return the next time she hungers. The hunter/guard is born with an unnatural gift, the ability to manifest his life force and use it as a weapon. He typically uses it to create spectral arrows that can home in on their target. She runs into this man who chases her from the village. She manages to trick him into lowering his guard and tries to drain his life. His gift causes something unexpected when she tries to steal his life energy. Not only does his life energy taste and feel different, the human survived what should have been a fatal kiss, suggesting that he had far more life energy than any human she had met before him. Not having time to think further on this before others arrive, she is forced to flee and ponder this strange human. Depending on her opinion of this human and her own moral compass, she might try befriending, courting, seducing, capturing or even bargaining with him, either because she sees a way to sate her hunger without risk or perhaps she just likes the taste of his life energy.
    • Possible sub-plot: She made an enemy who cursed her. The curse constantly drains her life energy, causing her to need to feed far more frequently, forcing her to keep her hunt on a single village instead of taking a victim or two before moving on to the next village. Our characters make a deal, or my character is forced, to help her break this curse so she does not need to feed so frequently and isn't on the verge of death.
    • Possible sub-plot: Our characters come to an arrangement where they meet in secret outside of the village to feed her. As time goes on, our characters grow close. They know that the village council will not accept her among them after the lives she had taken. He has to keep their love and her existence secret, letting the village believe she perished or fled to the next village. Perhaps someone discovers their secret and forces them to bring her before the village council.
------------------------------------------------------------

This would take place in a fantasy setting that is inspired by a feudal Asia, doesn't have to be historically based on a specific country. It can be a made up land that just draws inspiration from all of the different cultures of the region. The fox demon character draws inspiration from Ahri's original lore from League of Legends (before they retconned her into a Vastayan,) which I later found out was based on the Gumiho of Korean mythology (the Korean equivalent of a Kitsune, but far more dangerous and malevolent.)

I tried to leave her open ended so you can play her to your strengths as a writer and so you're not playing a pre-made character I handed you. She does not have to be evil. She could just be doing what she has to in order to stay alive, seeing her as being on the same moral grounds as an animal preying on other animals. Or maybe she enjoys every moment of it or the power that comes with it. I want to find a partner who can take this character concept, a template if you will, and make a character that is truly theirs from it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom