Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reaching Out To People

Planning can be like playing it out anyway, it's just more of a highlights package than go through all the motions of a RP. I sometimes find the RP gets planned too much and there isn't any surprises left.

I like it when a RP grows a life of it's own so to speak and characters are just doing things that neither writer planned on and whatever RP map was worked out has gone out the window. Provided it's done intelligently of course.

I definitely can agree with that, I do love planning and plotting but there is a lot to be said for surprises in the roleplay and the more you plot the less likely they become. Now, obviously if you're going to make something a surprise, then you have to be at least somewhat sure it won't derail the other person's plans, so it can be nice to ask "Do you know where you want it to go next" on occasion. Also if the surprise is sexual, just double check their limits. It's far better safe than sorry in that regard.

I definitely can agree with that, I do love planning and plotting but there is a lot to be said for surprises in the roleplay and the more you plot the less likely they become. Now, obviously if you're going to make something a surprise, then you have to be at least somewhat sure it won't derail the other person's plans, so it can be nice to ask "Do you know where you want it to go next" on occasion. Also if the surprise is sexual, just double check their limits. It's far better safe than sorry in that regard.

Definitely check for sure. That said, when the chemistry between writers is good, I have found that you can do little things like that, even God Mod a little when it is just blatantly obvious what is or has to happen to progress the plot. I love it when the characters have taken on a life of their own and even though I am the one writing it, it feels like it is the character in control and I'm sitting there thinking "wow I never thought of that!" kind of weird.

Like anything though it is about balance and moderation. I wouldn't decide to have the characters begin astronaut training when it has nothing to do with the story or have one character raped when it is against my partners limits or has nothing to do with the plot discussed. Chemistry is the best word I can think of that explains how it can just work without derailing things.

I'm down to just chat ^.^

If it's a problem, perhaps make it clear that's the aim early. Admittedly I look at a message and assume an agenda to RP at some point :p

I don't usually reach out myself but I'm not opposed to anyone reaching out to me to compliment me on my avatar or something like that. Though honestly I'd prefer them to just do that on my profile. That's really all I can say about it. It's nice when other people message me, it's just not how I work.

I remember reaching out to someone because of games they were playing or some thread like that. I had a witty title and we talked about it for a bit. She'd come back to chit chat here and there and I found a lot of honesty and easiness in her messages, and we went on to become friends. Sadly, she's not active here anymore, but I enjoyed her messages and chats quite a bit. You never know what a message could lead to. A friend, A troll, A partner, a lover (but social distance!). There are just some people that don't intrigue me as much as others, and I generally speak to those I have come to know through long terms of roleplaying. I thought some of my current partners were such farts when I met them. But I got some exposure, and they are the reason I'm logged in right now.

I wouldn't mind it if someone dropped into my inbox just to chat or whatever. I'm pretty easy to get along with, like to talk, etc. As long as it's nothing too odd or creepy, you know?

I find very odd though when people follow me without any reason. Like, we're not in contact or anything. I always shoot those people out a message asking why.

I wouldn't mind it if someone dropped into my inbox just to chat or whatever. I'm pretty easy to get along with, like to talk, etc. As long as it's nothing too odd or creepy, you know?

I find very odd though when people follow me without any reason. Like, we're not in contact or anything. I always shoot those people out a message asking why.
I've had that happen as well at times. I have found some people just follow almost everyone, like when you go to their profile they follow 100's or more people.

Then others, like myself will sometimes use it as a bookmark if I have read something they have written I like for eg their request thread and I might want to hit them up later.

Nice SG avatar do you have one? I have two LP's, never got into the SG even though two of my fave players use them.

I've had that happen as well at times. I have found some people just follow almost everyone, like when you go to their profile they follow 100's or more people.

Then others, like myself will sometimes use it as a bookmark if I have read something they have written I like for eg their request thread and I might want to hit them up later.

Nice SG avatar do you have one? I have two LP's, never got into the SG even though two of my fave players use them.
I have two SGs. One is the exact same model I used for my avatar, a 2018 SG Standard in ebony. The other is one of the higher class Epiphone ones, essentially a backup for the Gibson.

Back
Top Bottom