Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[D&D] Revenge Has Never Tasted Sweeter;;

Deathonator

Super-Earth
Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Winter 2009, Los Angeles.

The sun rarely peered through the thick clouds on that day in the middle of February. Chilly, ruthless wind stroke thin trees, blowing about occasional drops of water and dead leaves. Somehow, nature seemed to be mourning along with the crowd reunited at the cemetary, the day as 'perfect' for the occasion as it could be. In front of the dreaded hole in the ground stood dozens of people; some wore a light blue outfit, others were simply dressed in black, a large star spangled banner spread accross the cover. Slowly, through sobs and murmurs, the wooden box was lowered to the ground and soon disappeared underneath layers of earth.

Men hugged the crying women, gently dragging them towards the numerous cars that drove off and left the young man behind. Many words were exchanged into the emptiness, out of mere politness, praising the deceased and attempting to offer comfort to his parents, yet nothing could change the harsh reality; two months after having turned thirty Jacob Blake, a valued investigator has been killed during an operation.

Among the mourning stood a frail female that bore a simple black dress that reached down her knees, uncovering a part of her slim legs and hugged her small waistline, full breasts and curvascious form. Her long dark hair was partially hidden by a silky scarf, her steel colored eyes tired and still red from crying. At that very moment, however, she appeared to be completely numb and torn out of the present. Memories played in front of her eyes - things that would most likely haunt her forever. The friends of the family assumed that she was a lover, a friend or perhaps even the fiancée of the male from the grief that could be read in her eyes; they weren't completely wrong although most of all Elisabeth Trent was his partner. Of course, their relationship wasn't always purely professional: lovers, friends, he represented her family and mentor, being her all at the same time. She wasn't sure whether she loved him or not to the point of speaking of marriage or even a relationship yet she knew that she would get revenge on the person that sent him where he was.

She glanced down at the tomb, finally coming back to herself as she heard noises around her. People have almost all left, only the policemen remaining, sticking together until the very end. ''Goodbye, Jay,'' she whispered softly, her melodious and gentle voice sounding low and hoarse. Then, with the rest of power remaining in her body she tore herself away from the cemetary and walked down to her car. People spoke to her, yet she didn't even bother replying; everything appeared pointless at that moment. Whatever they said or did wouldn't bring him back. And it was her fault. Biting down on her lower lip to push away the tears that were once again forming, she shook her head, trying to chase away the flashback.

However, it persisted, strong and clear in her head. She was fighting one of the members of the gang as she heard a shot. Ending her battle with one of her own, she ran towards the warehouse where Jacob was only to discover his body. Alone, still warm, dead. She kneeled next to him, tried to perform CPR and everything else she knew yet it was too late. After that, everything was hell.

Papers, people calling, talking - the next moment she was in the hospital. Her visible wounds quickly healed yet her heart never ceased bleeding. For days, she stayed at home and her boss understood. He even encouraged her to do so, understanding and comforting as a father. For days, she questioned her choice. She was only twenty eight, a beautiful woman in great shape. She could have followed her deceased mother's advice, went into acting, modeling or simply gotten married. Instead, she decided to bring justice to the world - as though her innocent and righteous beliefs would actually turn out to be dominant against the society. Now, there was nothing but revenge left to fight for.

Torn out of the flashback by a hand on her shoulder, Elisa turned around, facing her friend. ''You okay?'' The officer wondered, receiving a nod. ''I'll be right there. I need to talk to the boss,'' she spoke softly and swiftly moved away, walking up to the older man with as much grace and pride as possible, pretending to be unharmed.

''Sir, I need to speak to you,'' she started, her voice rather steady yet clearly taking her much effort to manage. ''I want to go undercover, I want them behind the bars - for everything they did. Especially the bastard that killed Jay,'' she finished in a hiss, without taking much time to speak about emotions or grief she was certain the male too was experiencing.

Duragon's Post

Officer Delgado, Chief of Police, sat at his desk, his eyes shut as she spoke. It wasn't a huge secret within their division. Most, if not everyone knew about Elisabeth and Jason's bitter-sweet romance. The two seemed like a wonderfully successful married couple, who also got any job done and kept it professional while working.

"Elisabeth..." He tried to speak, but she continued, speaking about working undercover, which caused the man to not only open his eyes, but stand up to respond. "Elisa!!" He yelled, his strong voice ripping through the room. "Calm the fuck down girl... breathe for me. We'll pull through this, but you can't go ape shit like this. Elisabeth, I don't think I can send you in to do that. We have people out there already, and that organization is impenetrable. We cannot get anyone on the inside. We once did... and..." He looked away. "I'm not sending you in there. I don't want to lose another officer, much less you."

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The woman found herself clenching her hands into fists as the male spoke. Trying to keep them occupied, she moved her fingers up to undo the scarf, allowing the long dark waves to flow freely, the dark tissue covering her shoulders and partially disguising their trembling. She remained silent, respecting the heirarchy and submitting to authority - yet not because she usually did so, she simply didn't have the force to argue as stubbornly and loudly as she usually would. Of all women working in the station, she was most probably the one with the shortest and hottest temper - going from icy cold one moment to fiery the other.

''Sir,'' she sighed weakly, her dark stormy gaze searching his for compassion or pity - anything that would help her push the conversation one way or the other to persuade him. She needed that mission more than anything - not to mention the case was far from closed. ''What do you want to do than? Close both of the cases, pretend that Jay - Jacob or those drugs never existed?'' She questioned, crossing her arms underneath her ample chest. ''I am his partner, and it is my fault for not having been good enough to save him. It is only logical that I take over his cases,'' she finished, resolute.

Delgado's face was at unease. These types of situations didn't happen much, but when they did, they were troublesome. "We will do some research, alright? I have already assigned you a new partner. You are pretty familiar with him... he was also a close friend of Jacob's and the two of them had similar records, both with impressive work. He'll take good care of you." He looked up at her, this man's eyes never lingered, considering he had a beautiful wife and two sons of his own. "I want you to understand something Elisabeth... this isn't going to be something simple... we will need time... alright?"

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Elisa blinked as he said that she has been assigned with a new partner. Shutting her eyes for a moment she took a deep breath, shaking her head. She wasn't ready for that; getting a new partner somehow seemed like betrayal towards Jacob, the week or so after his departure having seemed too short and too long at the same time. ''You can't do that. I don't need another partner, I can work by myself,'' she first spoke, yet didn't devote too much time to that issue since she knew that her superior's decision on that point wouldn't change whatever she said.

Hearing him speak of needing time, she shook his head. ''No, no, there is no time for any of that. Please, just give me the case - we have to do something while the trail is hot,'' she stated, staring at the male, dumbfounded. ''I promise, I'll be extremely careful, I won't do anything rash, just give me the damn case.'' She pleaded, not ready to give up yet.

"Fine. Yourself and officer Charlie Edna are on the case." He said after carefully plotting out his options. "Now listen to me... you are to meet with Charles, who should still be somewhere in the building. I think he is in room 4A. You two know each other somewhat, and I understand that this must be hard since you've been working with Jacob for so long. But as cold as it seems, we can't stop the show. We can't take a break. We need to keep moving. You said the trail is hot... think of something, with or without Edna. Tomorrow at one thirty in the afternoon, I want you and Edna in here, with whatever information you have. Do not approach any other person on this matter. And whatever you do... do not go out there. I can't protect you if I don't know where you are Elisabeth." He sighed and closed his eyes, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Go on."

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Elizabeth has to bite down on the inside of her cheek to refrain the first smile over the past week and a half from gracing her pretty face. She nodded briefly, resolute to start working from that very moment although she hasn't been scheduled and was still wearing the clothes she had during the burial ceremony. ''Thank you, sir.'' She spoke softly, clearly genuinely grateful. Of course, she didn't make any long term promises when it came to remaining in the office or the whereabouts without actually investigating on the ground, yet a day was most likely something she could pull off. ''Don't worry about me,'' she spoke - perhaps rashly and arrogantly, but at the very moment she couldn't care less about what would happen to herself. ''I am going undercover though - you know it's the only thing that might actually work.'' She stated and swiftly turned around, marching out of the office.

She kept her head straight, giving brief empty smiles to her friends as she made her way to room A4. However, she didn't go straight to it, pausing at the archives. Requesting the information and files, she was told to come back in twenty minutes and only then she resumed her road to meet her new partner. Pushing the door, she silently took a seat, not looking up at the man yet. ''Hey Charlie,'' she finally spoke, her ocean blue gaze moving up to meet his, her lips briefly curling into a grin. ''Chief said we can have Jay's case,'' she stated, sounding detached and professional - feelings could not be mixed with her job, at least not when trying to find a trail.

Charles was completley oblivious to her entry, his face crushed into a computer's screen, his fingers typing at ten thousand words a minute. He stood up, running his fingers through his dark, short hair. "Yes, I've got the message about that." He said, leaning over his computer. "I am going to do what I can to help you, Elisabeth Trent. Jacob was my friend... we respected and constantly challenged each other." He turned around and walked around his desk, sitting right beside her, shortly thereafter, he removed his glasses and spoke carefully. "Those men you and Jacob were investigating... they form an infamous syndicate called the Enforcers. Ironic, isn't it...? I am an intelligence espionage expert. I spy, with these little eyes." He smiled an untrusted smile, but having a vicious hacker on your side wouldn't be a terribly bad idea. "The man you want is Leonardo Vega. Illustrious young founder of the Enforcers and quite a looker for the ladies. He's emotionless... but far from unjust. Except for the fact that he blew a hard bullet into Jake's heart." He breathed heavily... but might have laughed... did he just make a joke... at something so serious...

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

As much as the woman officer seemed to like everyone, there were a few exceptions. Charles was almost one of them; she didn't hate him per say, simply found the male cocky and not very trustworthy - and the moments she seemed to almost warm up to him he turned her feelings around again. At that moment, she resisted the urge to hit him; she wasn't clueless about the entire affair - she and Jacob have been investigating for quite a long time, she simply wasn't certain who the person she was searching for was. There was not enough evidence, too many other people at the scene. She bit on her lower lip, looking at the ground for a moment.

''You think it's funny?'' She questioned harshly, her voice on the verge of breaking. ''Either way. The papers about Vega are being printed out to give Delgado something tangible, so is the rest of the paperwork. Tomorrow at noon, we'll go see him. I want to go undercover, I doubt they'll be expecting a woman. Have any ideas or suggestions? Delgado doesn't want me to do it, I need help on that one,'' She spoke in lassitude, although she doubted that she would actually use them - people like her listened to others, and then went on and did as they pleased.

Charles laughed quietly. "No no. It is most definitely not funny." He laughed again. "I am just excited at the fact that we might be going head to head with the Enforcers. I had a bug on Jacob's computer. You and he did have a lot of information on Vega and his goons... however that in itself is not enough. Bow down to my initiative, Elisabeth Trent... I... Charles E. Edna, have an informer within that organization. And he was nearly killed by you and Jacob at the scene." He smirked. "Keep it out of Delgado's ears however... I simulated that my informer was killed after being discovered to keep Delgado out of my business. We are going to get even. I promise you that, Elisabeth Trent..." His eyes were like a snakes in a way, smooth, calm, almost beautiful, yet cold as ice. He knew what he was talking about, and even now, he just admitted to having hacked onto a former officers computer and lying to their chief.

"I can get you in." He finally declared. "Tell me how fast you want to be in Vega's inner loop. I will get you in if you do as I say..."

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

In spite of her annoyed expression, Elizabeth listened to the male's words. This was no time for pride and such, all she wanted was to get information - information that no one else would be able to get, from Vega's lips. ''Christ, Edna, you should have joined the theater troop,'' she said, rolling her eyes, yet her low, still somewhat hoarse voice acquired a pang of that liveliness and melody it displayed earlier in time. ''And I swear, if I would have known about your little manipulations behind our backs, I would have nailed you to a cross,'' she muttered through her teeth in a darker tone, realizing that it was the man in question that prevented her from getting to Jay faster.

''Fast never works, but I want to get in as fast as possible,'' she sighed, cursing Delgado for giving her the partner she never asked for. ''What do I have to do?'' She questioned, twisting one of the perfect locks around her finger.

"Well, first we are going to speak to Delgado tomorrow. We will tell him that we will be doing thorough research for several weeks. Afterwards, I will have you and my informer rendevous at the nearest Enforcer hot spot. He will tell you how to get into the syndicate with a crapload of information for you to sink your cute little fingers into. None of this comes free though. I don't believe in partners, which is why I've been ASKED to work alone for more than two years. Yet I am always prepared, always six levels above the competition, and there I am, playing World of Warcraft on my computer as your fuck toy gets shot."

He stood up and walked a bit closer to her. "You and Jacob should have been more careful with your personal lives. His computer was loaded with conversations and voice messages. Most creative of all... however, was that video..." He grinned. "That video was really something... if anyone belongs in movies it's you... and don't even get me started on your cute little collection of pictures... both the clean and x-rated ones." He closed his eyes. "He was really lucky..." He nodded, obviously that was something they had done on their own time for their own purposes, he had no right to it at all.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

''Fine, I'll do that,'' she replied, rolling her eyes. ''You don't believe in partners because you're a socially awkward freak, and I promise once this is over you won't get to see my face again. But then again, it will most likely be the last thing you ever see,'' she hissed, her voice growing louder by the second. How could that man speak of Jacob in that way and pretending to be his friend?

Pushing back the tears, she stood up as he walked up closer to her, the woman's impressive chest raising in an irregular fashion. ''Fuck you, Edna,'' she almost roared, disgust apparent on her face. ''My private life is none of your concern, so get back to jerking off to your mother,'' she murmured bitterly and coolly. ''Or try a bar, maybe if you get someone drunk enough they'd actually tap you,'' she finished in a sweet, almost seducive tone before brushing past him to go to the archives.

Charles grinned as she spoke, his eyes watching her exit his office. "Exciting..." He said, bringing his thumb towards his lips, two of his teeth biting down on the edge of his thumb's skin until it bled. The reasoning for that was something no one who knew him understood.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The moment Elizabeth left the office, she found herself unable to hold back the tears. The pictures, the video...There wasn't much romanticism about most of them, yet every mention of Jacob made her rage increase yet so did the deep grief. She didn't pretend to forget, to think about something else - she tried to come to terms with the loss, something Charles made it quite complicated to do.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she passed by the archives and picked up everything she could find. Charles could have had his 'informators' or whatever dark business he ran, but she wasn't about to depend upon him. Returning home, she worked through a part of the night, only waking up an hour and a half before noon. Quickly taking a shower, she allowed her hair to fall down her shoulders in messy waves, applying the usual thin line of eyeliner and mascara to her eyes. That done, she quickly pulled on a pair of tight jeans, grey pumps, a white tank top and a black leather jacket. Her appearence was simple, comfortable and fit for almost anything the day could throw at her - after all, there were no witnesses to question and she wasn't part of the people wearing blue.

Jumping into her red Mustang, she drove to the office and walked straight to Delgado's room. She paused in front of the door, waiting for the 'partner' of hers to appear.

"Good morning there... partner." Said Edna, walking in from a small crowd behind her, two cups of coffee in his hands. "Grab it while it's hot." He said in a sweet tone, holding one of the cups in her direction, waiting for her to take it. "It's going to be a little while before we can talk to Delgado. How was your night? I actually had a really pleasant evening. Saw one of my favorite flicks online." His eyes narrowed. "You look so fucking good..." He said in an extremely low tone.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

The female arched one of her eyebrows as he appeared with two cups of coffee, clearly cautious. She had no idea what game he was playing, not that she was going to try to figure it out, and she wasn't sure she liked it much. ''Thanks,'' she took the cup from him, yet almost spilled the coffee when he mentioned his enjoyable evening. ''Well keep watching, because that's all you'll ever do,'' she replied in a sultry whisper, leaning forth slightly, her hand briefly coming in contact with his chest before she took a step back, leaning against the wall.

Charles was not bad looking in the least. It was almost heaven for women to work there, most of the men being available, disposable, and otherwise just straight attractive men. Even Delgado himself had an older man's edge to him.

Charles sipped his coffe as he tilted up his glasses. His tongue licked the thin patch of hair below his lip, then he bit his lip for a moment, smiling at her. "You'll be begging for my company in less time than you know..." He claimed, hearing Delgado's voice.

"Elisabeth, Charles, please come in." He said as two other officers exited his office. They both nodded at Elisabeth and Edna before continuing on their patrol, Edna ignored them completely and held the door open for her.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Elizabeth merely laughed to Charles' words. While he was far from bad looking, she had principles and he simply didn't inspire her anything but irritation. ''You wish, Edna,'' she replied, nodding at the officers. She then followed her partner into the office, taking a seat in front of Delgado, her long legs crossed.

''Chief, we have found some information but those bastards obviously have a lot more to hide - not to mention the evidence there is isn't enough. We'll need some more time for research and such, and then I want to go undercover,'' she stated. She felt bad lying to the man that has been very supportive of her and helped her a lot - not to mention he was the one to pair her up with Jacob. However, drastic times meant drastic measures - and she was certain he would come to understand and forgive her. Leaning back against the chair, she let the two males speak, acting as she usually would have to avoid creating suspicion.

"Edna..."

"Mmm..." He said, his mouth full of coffe as he took a chair and sat down, pulling it closer to Elisabeth. "Sir... Officer Trent here and I spent countless hours rummaging through our libraries both paper, cardboard and electronic. Our servers have very limited resources on this syndicate group, and based on what Lizzie here has informed me of, we were able to get some data on their group leader."

"You plan on sending Elisabeth alone into the jaws of a syndicate group?"

"Of course not sir." He reached over for two of her fingers, as if to hold her closer. "Elisabeth will never be alone. I assure you, Chief."

"Edna...."

"On a lighter note... my gnome death knight has finally reached level seventy two."

"EDNA!"

The self-proclaimed computer genius cringed. "We aren't going to send her now. Like she said, we need more time to research. And I am the man to do researching. We all know that..."

"Fine. Do your research. I want the two of you under direct supervision of my subordinates."

"I refuse." He replied quickly. "To Lizzie, this is personal. She has come to me for help, now it is personal for I as well. I will not have your men tap into her most private of secrets..."

"Edna...."

"You must really love my name, sir. But why don't you ask Lizzie herself."

"Elisabeth... let my men look after your operation... please." Asked Delgado, both he and Charles looking at her.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Elizabeth stared into the emptiness, trying to remember the techniques her mother taught her in her early years to refrain herself from popping a vein. Of course, the moment Edna touched her she almost flew out of her chair, giving him a brief glare before turning her attention back to the older male.

''Idiot,'' she muttered under her breath, yet found herself to be remotely amused by the childish attitude her partner displayed. Listening to the brief conversation, she watched Delgado for a few moments, her sharp nails digging into Charles' hand. She hated being called Lizzie.

''As much as I hate to agree with my dear partner,'' she started sarcastically, ''we can take care of it. Don't worry,'' she finished in a gentler tone, touched by the concern.

Charles grinned, his hand hurting a bit, the bitch had driven her nails into his flesh anyway.

"Ah, there you have it. We will take care of it sir. But I promise you, we will contact your gracefulness if and when we need you. Come now Lizzie..." He stood up, letting go of her hand. He started walking around, a small smile developing on his face. His voice then sunk extremely low. "We have reasearch to do yet..." Then he exited the office, other policemen waiting for their chance to talk to Delgado.

Delgado seemed confused at Edna's antics, but his work record was as, if not more impressive than Jacob's and that could not be denied.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Elisa flashed an empty grin at Charles. ''Don't ever call me that,'' she stated lightly, her mood improved from the conversation with the chief. There were now no obstacles left, and she was slowly starting to grow immune to her partner's strange sense of humour and attitude in genral. ''Mhm, research,'' she replied as they exited the office, moving away from him to the front door, her hips swaying invitingly as she walked.

She stepped outside, looking around. Everything was empty, luckily. ''What now?'' She questioned, eager to start the entire operation.

Edna looked at his hand. "If you want to scratch, scratch my back as I drill into your..." He paused. "Come to my office... I am going to contact my informer and I want you to be there with me." He said calmly. "The Enforcers are so finished..."

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

''Don't even go there,'' Elizabeth started, content that even without her interruption he managed to change the subject without having to insult her. Her hand moved away from her poket, the thoughts of getting a break to smoke pushed aside. It was probably better that way; not having touched a cigarette since her late teenage years, she has started smoking once again after she has been released from the hospital. Dreadful habit.

''Alright,'' she shrugged, giving him an almost playful push on the back before walking off towards his office eagerly.

Back
Top Bottom