Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Friends and Break-Ups

YukiBlue

Star
I will never understand how someone can break up over the phone. Maybe it's just me. I watched a friend as it happened. I wanted to cry for her. She wouldn't do it herself. I hate watching that kind of thing. I just wish there was something I could have done for her to help her out. The one thing that was on the top of my list was taking the phone and screaming at the person on the other end of it. The typical 'How dare you do this to her. She loves you. Have you ever given a damn about her!?' kinda thing that my friends have done for me before. Then I realized, that would put me at a low point. It would make me a bad person. It's not like either of them wanted this to happen. It's not a fun choice to make. Trust me. I know. If you have been with someone for so many years, you don't want it to end. It's safe. It's something you are used to. You don't want it to end. But sometimes. It is meant to happen. You may not want it to. But it is the safest choice you have. I never like thinking about things like this.

But then I looked back on my own failed relationships. They all had one thing that I would never forget. Someone cried. In all except one, I had cried my eyes out when my friends weren't there. I let it all go. I cried. Not something very common for me. I realized in that moment that she would be ok. She would be upset for a bit. But she would get over it. She would find someone else and be happy again. And that was all I could hope.

When you look at your own relationship, what does it look like? It it imperfect? Is it messy? Good. If everyone had the happy little perfect relationships, we would all be lying to ourselves. The world is not perfect. And if we let ourselves buy into the "Happily Ever After" bullshit that is fed to us since we were children., we will be living nothing but lies. Fairy Tales don't exist. No one is perfect. We can only hope for the best. My favorite song tells the truth.

Cinderella's on her bedroom floor
She's got a crush on the guy at the liquor store
Cause Mr. Charming don't come home anymore
And she forgets why she came here
Sleeping Beauty's in a foul mood
For shame she says
None for you dear prince, I'm tired today
I'd rather sleep my whole life away than have you keep me from dreaming

'cause I don't care for your fairytales
You're so worried about the maiden though you know
She's only waiting on the next best thing

Snow White is doing dishes again cause
What else can you do
With seven itty-bitty men?
Sends them to bed and calls up a friend
Says will you meet me at midnight?
The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair says
Would have cut it myself if I knew men could climb hair
I'll have to find another tower somewhere and keep away from the windows

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom
Man made up a story said that I should believe him
Go and tell your white knight that he's handsome in hindsight
But I don't want the next best thing
So I sing and hold my head down and I break these walls round me
Can't take no more of your fairytale love

I don't care
I don't care
Worry bout the maiden though you know
She's only waiting spent the whole life being graded on the sanctity of patience and a dumb appreciation
But the story needs some mending and a better happy ending
Cause I don't want the next best thing
No no I don't want the next best thing

And it's the truth.

I was hanging out in an internet cafe with a couple of friends from out of town one time and one of my friends was talking to his girlfriend on a messenger when he started freaking out. He was like hyperventilating and had this desperate frightened look in his eyes. It turns out that she had just told him she was pregnant with one of his best friend's baby.

JosieAnna said:
Facebook. Changed his status, defriended me, told my roomate. I found out three hours later.
*hugs* that's a asshole.

*looks at Yuki* well, I wish the best for you.

See! That is the kind of shit I was talking about. I don't know how a person can do that to another.

Yeah, me neither. And I just LOVE how he shows up 45 minutes before I have a date.....without fail. I have a security leak, I swear.

Tell him to get the hell out before your date gets here and stop trying to cause trouble. If he still wants to be with you he should have thought of that before he pulled that shit.

Lyra said:
Tell him to get the hell out before your date gets here and stop trying to cause trouble. If he still wants to be with you he should have thought of that before he pulled that shit.
He's got a new girlfriend already (**wow, three weeks and I'm replaced. I can't even HAVE a new relationship yet. LONG story on the dates**) and usually shows up to reitterate just why he dumped me, and tell me I'm anti-social and a bitch and how I act all cute but I'm really not after like 2 weeks.........grrrr....

Lyra said:
Damn straight

I'm thinking he's afraid of me some. And someday he will stop bothering you. *wicked grin* you dont mess with my sis.

Hun, you're REALLY not that scary. although Jason could probably take him. He's getting pretty sick of me being pissed off when he gets here.

Good. That keeps my time open for when I am there.

and for your information, sis, you have not seen me angry.

I have known you since Middle School. It doesn't really matter if you're angry or not. You. Aren't. Scary.

Breaking up over the phone suuuuucks. Even more so when some looselipped cunt forces the issue and destroys your plans to do it the right way, face to face.

As for quality of relationships, well, I've spent two years refusing to settle for less then ideal, but now I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have found it.

Oh, and Raziel... Anyone that identifies as a vampire is hilarious, not scary, angry or not. I'd suggest dispensing with that ego until you have something to back it up.

Trygon said:
Oh, and Raziel... Anyone that identifies as a vampire is hilarious, not scary, angry or not. I'd suggest dispensing with that ego until you have something to back it up.
I'm not going to get into that aspect of life. But that title is for roleplaying. Thank you very much.

Sometimes, you work so hard to make something be better. That you break yourself. That is all I have to say...

Besides for this..

I sobbed myself to sleep last night

Raziel99 said:
Trygon said:
I'm not going to get into that aspect of life. But that title is for roleplaying. Thank you very much.
Roleplaying only, hm? Sure it is.

*yawns* your passes are rather funny, Trygon. *bows* but i must admit you are a bigger terror of the night. Destroying the internet wrong-doers. Highly commemorable. But right now this is not a argument I want to get into.

Raziel99 said:
*yawns* your passes are rather funny, Trygon. *bows* but i must admit you are a bigger terror of the night. Destroying the internet wrong-doers. Highly commemorable. But right now this is not a argument I want to get into.
Of course, because you're trying to safeguard your ego when you know I have you cold. I suppose you could have been fudging it a bit, and just saying you identify as a vampire to impress her, but it doesn't change that fact that you said it, and when I read it, my respect for you bottomed out.

Back
Top Bottom