Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Space Station Cynosure - A Space Opera of Sex and Horror

Black_Out

Semi-Pro Stalker
The Premise
889e65f8d59bbd3913c35a51d1b89cae.jpg

Resources are a finite thing and in the distant future as it became increasingly clear that the planet Earth was going to exhaust those assets man turned towards space for a solution. Privately owned entities, some of the wealthiest corporations in the world pinned their financial hopes to the distant stars. The payoffs would take generations to play out, but these titans of industry and commerce could afford the risk of associated with such an investment. State of the art facilities, and some recommissioned projects embarked on voyages into the depths of space in search of riches to exploit.

Cynosure (the property of Divinity Inc.) is one of the most distant mining operations currently in existence. Located beyond the limits of Pluto, Cynosure operates in the void of space along the fringes of a mineral rich sea of asteroids. Now it costs a lot of money, consumes a lot of resources to keep a station like Cynosure running. Which means one thing. Cynosure is very profitable.

So when daily transmissions that took nearly a month to bounce their way from satellite to satellite on their way to Earth fell silent there was obvious reason for concern. Not only was that station a massive profit machine, but it housed some of the most expensive equipment at work right now in the depths of space. Of particular interest is a Replicator, something that few people outside of those rooted in the upper echelons of wealth could ever hope to have access too. It's able to mend wounds, complete complex surgeries, and if the raw material is available it's capable of reconfiguring a human body in exact detail while uploading a memory log (if available) into the synthetic brain of a new awakened android.

So, yeah, Divinity Inc. would like that jaw dropping expensive piece of equipment back in one piece at the very least.

That's why when day two came and went Divinity Inc. reached out to a company called Forge, a small but well respected mercenary and reconnaissance organization with ties to plenty of spaces riskiest operations. Fortunately, Forge had a team heading out towards that area on job to deal with some problematic bandits that had been plaguing well known trade routes. A small team would be selected from that group and break off to make their way to Cynosure in an effort to discover the stations currently unknown fate and retrieve the Replicator if Cynosure itself was deemed a loss by its parent corporation.

What I'm Looking For
Ideally I'm looking for a modest group of players numbering around three at the most. I'll leave the general makeup of the group to be decided by the players although I am looking for a more female lean in regards to ratio. A strong paragraph at the least is to be expected from anyone who would like to take part. If your interested, I encourage you to state so here on this thread.

What To Expect
giphy.gif

In short, an alien monster prowls Cynosure now. This creature will be based off of the Xenomorph's of the Alien franchise. They'll share similarities, but for the purposes of an erotic adventure they'll also have some obvious differences. So expect themes of horror, nonconsensual situations, potential oviposition, and other optional dark fates that are totally up to individual tastes and preferences. Players are of course welcome to work out whatever sorts of dynamics might exist between their own characters, of course.

If you're reading over this and find it intriguing feel free to drop a message below. Your welcome to include what sort of character you think you'd be interested in playing as well any other pertinent information you may care to add. Once we have a proper character thread established and an OOC place to chat we can address any issues and share
whatever thoughts we might have about the story in general.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be interested. Thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe a Bovinian?

11498-1305554374.png

Known for having food-quality milk that makes legendary milkshakes, ice cream, coffee cream, dessert topping, cheese, and other products. They are also really strong and can gore their enemies with their sturdy sharp horns. Their planet is pretty rural and farming land is good, but most of them can fire a blaster and stay active and able to fight.

@Fandomizer Ah, well I'm sure I posted a remark somewhere in the thread but for the purposes of the story we're sticking to a strictly human line up sprinkled in with an occasional android (which we've got one of already) So a Bovinian wouldn't be fitting with the theme. Conceptually speaking for the purposes of the story mankind hasn't encountered any other sentient life forms beyond planet Earth yet and as a whole the exploration of space is still relatively young in the grand scheme of things. Cynosure for instance is one of the more out of the way stations in the depths of space and is just outside the furthest reaches of our solar system along a line of mineral rich asteroids that exist far beyond Pluto. If you have any questions by all means shoot me a message and I'll be happy to help out.

Well she could just be a cosplayer and roleplayer I suppose. ;) Maybe she wishes there were Bovinians but there aren't. But the guys on the ship don't really mind her imagination.

As amusing as that sounds it would probably would only work in a Mel Brooks styled adaption of Aliens, which isn't quite what I'm going for. There's two groups essentially heading out to Cynosure and they consist primarily of a group of mercenary soldiers from a company called Forge with a few representatives from the entity that owns the station itself, Divinity Inc. So it's mostly a military recon mission with some oversight and guidance offered by their employer to find out why and what led to Cynosure going quiet.

Fair enough. Maybe they couldn't get a military trained engineer/technician with the skillset they need for actual repairs, so they have like the least military girl ever instead and she flies the ship and does repairs and stuff while the soldiers shoot guns and stuff. If she gets into a fight with the alien she'll probably lure it into a section of the ship where she can electrocute the shit out of it.

But no worries if my brand of character won't work here. ^_^ I just really love space sci fi and I don't mind playing a human.

I'm all for some creative arc and lee-way towards the creation of a character but it certainly needs to fit into the scope of the story. Realism, even if the vein of a fantasy and sci-fi setting are still important factors to me. That said, sending people into space is a serious investment in training that companies have to foot the bill for in most cases. They're looking to send confident and qualified candidates into space because well, its putting a lot of lives at risk to send someone unqualified along. I've already got an NPC as a pilot which for the context of the story will work well since he'll be staying on the main ship while the rest of the crew is shuttled into Cynosure. Your characters welcome to be a secondary pilot who flies the craft over to Cynosure and is sort of forced into action since she's got to stay there until they are ready to head back to the cargo vessel.

Let me ask you this before we get to much further, have you seen the Alien movies before, if so that's the overall vibe I'm looking to establish here?

I have seen them and the prometheus movies, as well as Alien vs Predator and the sequel to that with the nuke.

I was actually thinking the alien vs predator movie might be semi relevant because Antarctica is not too dissimilar to what we might find out on Pluto and Charon.

Except there's no part of the story that's taking place on Pluto or Charon. I simply referenced that planet as a means of putting into scope where Cynosure is located, which is well beyond Pluto. Most of the story is going to take place on the space station itself with a little build up being done to start things off as the crew is assembled on board the cargo ship that's ferrying them to that location. So there will be a week or two of interaction that's going to end with the characters entering stasis for the bulk of the journey and then coming out of it as they draw closer to Cynosure. Cynosure is a deep space mining and refining station that's established along a stretch of asteroids orbiting just outside the scope of our own solar system. So if any play was to move beyond the station or the ships themselves it most likely would be to explore one of their mining setups on those mineral rich asteroids that they're drilling into but even that's not a foreseen conclusion.

Is there still room for any characters to jump into this storyline or am I too late?

As I start working up my character, I want to ask about the general tech level. I know we’re shooting for an Alien/Aliens feel, so it probably shouldn’t be too outlandish. But, then again, those movies presented us with fully-functional, human-level AI and genetic engineering. So, what is your feeling about things like:
* Uploaded intelligence
* Cybernetic prosthetics
* Cybernetic enhancements
* Human genetic modification

My concept doesn’t rely on any of these, but I’m something of an obsessive world-builder and need some parameters to keep from going absolutely bugfuck nuts with ideas. 😬

I would think it reasonable to assume that your character could be considered an expert in those fields, especially given the plot hook surrounding the Replicator. It would just make sense that they would send someone on the mission who knew how to work and even repair something of that technological caliber. I would stop short of course of having him be building androids, but I think he probably could upload intel into androids, tinker with their base commands, probably fix minor issues and in general run a med lab by himself.

I think I'll just observe for now. If you want to flesh out the Sol system with some bases on Europa, Titan, or have an orbital station around Venus or something that could be pretty cool. But I have no idea really what your objective is, and I'm probably too neurotic and all over the place to be useful to you.

@Fandomizer it's essentially a reconnaissance styled mission to assess the situation of deep space mining station that has gone silent. The primary investor in the operation (Divinity Inc) has hired a mercenary company (Forge) to go and investigate why contact with Cynosure has gone dead. They've sent one of their damage control members along with the Forge team and the goal is to get Cynosure back up and running if possible, reestablish communication, and in the worst case scenario secure valuable equipment (namely the Replicator) and return with it if the station is deemed a loss.

Right, it has horror and suspense themes so I guess having it be broad and expansive with options is really a no go. It has to be kinda on rails in order to encounter the danger. I guess I was looking for something more of a space sandbox where multiple things are going on and maybe one of them had horror elements but not all of them.

As I start working up my character, I want to ask about the general tech level. I know we’re shooting for an Alien/Aliens feel, so it probably shouldn’t be too outlandish. But, then again, those movies presented us with fully-functional, human-level AI and genetic engineering. So, what is your feeling about things like:
* Uploaded intelligence
* Cybernetic prosthetics
* Cybernetic enhancements
* Human genetic modification

My concept doesn’t rely on any of these, but I’m something of an obsessive world-builder and need some parameters to keep from going absolutely bugfuck nuts with ideas. 😬

I love the concept so far. If you read my initial post, my character Jaxx had recently been in a shuttle crash. While I only mention her limp at this point, we might be able to incorporate some reconstructive internals that might need a check up before stasis! I'll make an appointment ;)

Yeah, its not much of a sandbox setting. Its going to simply focus on the events taking place around the recon mission at Cynosure and the characters involved in that effort.

My character is ready, but I’ll need to wait until the text editing is fixed before I post the full details. The copy and paste will be pretty much unreadable until then,

Well, half of my character is up. I don’t know if my post will be up tonight or tomorrow.

No worries, we're easing our way into it and still looking to fill a roster spot or two.

Bump time. We got room for one, possibly two more to join. So if you're interested lets do this.

Time for that daily bump. We've got one, maybe two spots left to fill. If you're interested sign up here.

Back
Top Bottom