Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To the American Bluemooners, have you registered to vote yet?

Shiver

Slaver Bait
Fivethirtyeight has a good per-state breakdown of the process and deadlines for getting ready to vote!

I've requested my mail-in ballot and am still waiting. But I'm also in a "less than 1% chance of this state flipping" territory and my down-ballot choices are either unopposed or also less than 1% chance of flipping so it's not as anxiety-inducing. I think I can pick up a mail-in IRL if I don't get one soon. Or something like that.

Voted this past week. Exciting to be in one of the handful of states that actually determines the election.

I'm not voting. Not a fan of either. I'd vote for a chimpanzee if one was LEGIT running.
I find this very disheartening, and hope you reconsider. A vote isn't a pledge of unconditional support or total agreement. It's how you steer government policy, which impacts millions of lives. Given the huge issues that exist at the moment, I find it hard to believe that you don't have a preference for which direction things go. Voting shouldn't be something you do only when your ideal candidate comes along.

Just my two cents.

I find this very disheartening, and hope you reconsider. A vote isn't a pledge of unconditional support or total agreement. It's how you steer government policy, which impacts millions of lives. Given the huge issues that exist at the moment, I find it hard to believe that you don't have a preference for which direction things go. Voting shouldn't be something you do only when your ideal candidate comes along.

Just my two cents.
I understand your feelings there, but the 2016 elections proved my vote really doesn't matter. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote yet that human tangerine won.

Just my two cents.

I agree. I am far from a fan of Biden but I love my civil liberties and the idea of actual equality and hope for the future. It may be a bit hyperbolic but considering who is about to get confirmed to the Supreme Court the novel The Handmaiden's Tale doesn't look that dystopian. But if Biden does win we have to continue to pressure him to make real changes

I understand your feelings there, but the 2016 elections proved my vote really doesn't matter. Hillary Clinton won the popular vote yet that human tangerine won.
It matters as much as any other vote. The EC is definitely goofy and can generate some frustrating results. But to jump from there to total apathy? When the stakes are so high?

There's just no reason to go from "the system and candidates are flawed" to "I refuse to do what I can to help." Low turnout is the single biggest reason the "tangerine" won. His base is going to show up at the polls again, you can be sure of that.

I agree. I am far from a fan of Biden but I love my civil liberties and the idea of actual equality and hope for the future. It may be a bit hyperbolic but considering who is about to get confirmed to the Supreme Court the novel The Handmaiden's Tale doesn't look that dystopian. But if Biden does win we have to continue to pressure him to make real changes
Hear hear.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, those who don't vote because they thought they couldn't affect change. I have too much invested, too much at stake not to make the attempt. As LGBT, I represent others like me. I owe it to them as much as myself to add my number to their voice.

I think I read somewhere that he won by 725k votes combined in WI, PA, and OH. So it's not like it was inevitable. How many people voted for him as a joke and only did so because they thought their vote didn't matter

My state votes by mail, I don't get any stickers! 😭

you_rock_star_sticker-r6d76b389ea1d4903bbcd82599a874274_0ugdr_8byvr_540.jpg

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy, those who don't vote because they thought they couldn't affect change. I have too much invested, too much at stake not to make the attempt. As LGBT, I represent others like me. I owe it to them as much as myself to add my number to their voice.

tenor.gif

I voted for my LGBTQ+ friends. For my sisters. For my black friends. I know as a 27-year-old white male I'm lucky but I'll be damned before I stop fighting making sure everyone is as lucky as I am.

Back
Top Bottom