Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To the American Bluemooners, have you registered to vote yet?

I'll also point out that down-ballot races are important. Do you have state congress races? Sheriffs? Judges? All of these matter - they impact civil rights for the communities you live in and elsewhere as much as federal decisions, as challenges to state laws percolating upward through appeals to the supreme court are one of the major ways conservatives can force a re-roll on issues like same-sex marriage and abortion access. If you're in California (and several other states) you get the extra fun state referendums, which can only be overturned by another referendum, so it's really important to get it right the first time.

Truly have no down-ballot races of import (or where you have any choices) and don't have a meaningful vote in the national election because the electoral college sucks? You'll have down-ballot races in the future, and voting will help prevent your registration from getting "accidentally" purged between now and then. Because, y'know, we live in a country where that routinely happens in districts on both sides of the aisle.

I'll also point out that down-ballot races are important. Do you have state congress races? Sheriffs? Judges? All of these matter - they impact civil rights for the communities you live in and elsewhere as much as federal decisions, as challenges to state laws percolating upward through appeals to the supreme court are one of the major ways conservatives can force a re-roll on issues like same-sex marriage and abortion access. If you're in California (and several other states) you get the extra fun state referendums, which can only be overturned by another referendum, so it's really important to get it right the first time.

Truly have no down-ballot races of import (or where you have any choices) and don't have a meaningful vote in the national election because the electoral college sucks? You'll have down-ballot races in the future, and voting will help prevent your registration from getting "accidentally" purged between now and then. Because, y'know, we live in a country where that routinely happens in districts on both sides of the aisle.
Yeah I voted early. My state is a battle ground state for the first time in my life but even if someone's state is truly locked in all those other races, even the local ones are so important.

So get your booty to the polls <------ The best PSA ever.

I voted early and in person. Dem, rep? Doesn't matter. If you and your immediate residents are in no real danger from covid, don't mail in your ballot. No, no one on either side is going to cheat via mail, I've heard some people when going door to door voice this concern on both sides. No! Again, NO!! That type of voter fraud is easy to detect, hard to prosecute but easy to detect. The reason you don't mail it is because the US postal service is grossly incompetent. So unless you or a resident of your home are over the age of fifty nine and or have a comprised immune system, my recommendation is to place that ballot in person. Do as you wish, but again, it is my recommendation.

Voting day of. Know who I am voting for down ballot mostly. Just have to remember which State Justices are up for reelection and which ones to vote in favor and against of(it can be so darn confusing since they are so seldom discussed) but yeah.

Back
Top Bottom