Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Thread help

Bene

Star
In the last few weeks I've been getting less bites on my thread, so I wanted to see if there is anyway I can improve my thread. I recently condensed it all and hid everything under spoilers so there aren't these massive tables full of ideas (got some feedback before that it was intimidating) and overall I think it looks cleaner now. I've been considering a second thread for more specific ideas, and linking back to my primary thread as well.

Any help would be great!

I honestly think your new request thread looks good. It's clean and well organized.

Aesthetics wise, I'm super proud of it. It might be my ideas themselves that are the issue but I'm not sure. In a funk creatively lately so I'm doubting myself too, I think.

In truth, I looked at your RT earlier and some of the plots are really neat. Most of them have a good starting point to come to you and talk about further, so you and your future partners can make the story your own. Some do not, but I am sure you're aware of that, like the Yacht one. But that's fine, you have enough others that do offer more, shall we say substance for building off of.

I get the doubting yourself while in a creative funk, I have been there.. It makes it hard to see the good things you have sometimes. It's all subjective, but for me personally, I think it looks good, your plots on the whole are good. ^^

Honestly, I see no problem. It’s well-organized and quite nice actually. It’s a bit long. So, that can scare a few people off. On the other hand, I’m sure some people would appreciate a detailed rt =)

If I may, I’d suggest you to change the title of the thread. Maybe you can move the writing samples to the bottom of the page as well.

I hope you won’t get this wrong, but I personally wouldn’t send a request to your thread. Mostly because it’s mentioned that you expect a message from them even if your partners wouldn’t be around just for a few days? That sounds a bit demanding to me. But again, that’s more about my availability than anything else.

I honestly ask the same thing, though expect isn't the right word for me at least.. I am not picky at all if my partners have things come up, I am quite understanding I would say honestly... But being sort of kept in the loop when possible is nice. It lets you know that they haven't lost interest. I mean, if something happens in real life and that's why they poofed, 100% understandable, though, if it's just busy, knowing is nice.

Honestly, I see no problem. It’s well-organized and quite nice actually. It’s a bit long. So, that can scare a few people off. On the other hand, I’m sure some people would appreciate a detailed rt =)

If I may, I’d suggest you to change the title of the thread. Maybe you can move the writing samples to the bottom of the page as well.

I hope you won’t get this wrong, but I personally wouldn’t send a request to your thread. Mostly because it’s mentioned that you expect a message from them even if your partners wouldn’t be around just for a few days? That sounds a bit demanding to me. But again, that’s more about my availability than anything else.

I think I'll change the wording on that to be a bit more relaxed. I just get anxious when it's been more than a week or so, but that's just my own head I guess.

But thanks for the reassurance everyone else, like I said I've just been in a funk lately.

Overall I think your thread is pretty good. It has all the necessary information and organization! A couple of suggestions:
  • I think my main suggestion would be not to bury the lede. You don't describe the general RP you're looking for until pretty far down. Maybe moving that section up might help?
  • I'd rethink the use of so many colours and fonts. There are folks (like me!) who find that difficult to read (sensory stuff, etc).
  • If you're concerned about length at all, you could probably do a bit of editing. There are a lot of explanations and caveats and asides that may not be totally necessary.
But that's all pretty nitpicky. Your thread is good! If your messages are dropping it's probably just because you're into so many ideas that it's hard to use any one as a hook... sometimes broad interests are hard to advertise!

But that's all pretty nitpicky. Your thread is good! If your messages are dropping it's probably just because you're into so many ideas that it's hard to use any one as a hook... sometimes broad interests are hard to advertise!

I've been thinking about a second thread for that reason, for my specific cravings. So I think I'm going to move forward with that. I really appreciate the input!

Back
Top Bottom