Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Upon A Time In Kansas.. (RogTheRake & Nwiles2019)

Christian smiled at her reply and nodded his head, "The food around here may be basic, but you will not find any better for freshness.." be it meat or milk no market could compete to the thrice a week farmers market that the town had, yeah you had to get the basics at the local, Christian went on to tell her about the local famer markets Tuesdays and Thursdays in the town square and Sundays after church in the large field next to the church... Sunday was the best , as the preacher also sold rib lunches to help pay for any repairs needed to the church etc..

"Well if there is anything you can think of you might need please let me" KC made a little sound... "US " Christian amended " know.. " he continued to make some minor small talk and when diner was done he stood up, there was some left overs and he offered them to Miranda as he watched his daughters work on cleaning the table and get to doing the dishes.. "Okay I am going to follow you back tonight to make certain you make it to the cabin... " he smiled.. " that is unless you brought the walkie talkie with you and would prefer to just try on your own and then beep us if needed?"

Miranda was excited to hear about the local farmers market, she had some trouble finding things like that in the city. She flushed a bit at the offer of leftovers but still happily accepted them. At Christian's offer to follow her back she gave him a soft smile, "if you wouldn't mind bringing the paperwork with you, we can sign it at the cabin. That way I can ... explain things. Plus, I didn't bring the walkie with either. " Miranda gave a light laugh, taking the leftovers and headed for the door.

She hopped up into her truck and began to drive back toward the cabin. She wasn't sure why, but she was nervous to tell Christian why she was "hiding" out. Miranda pulled up to the cabin, she had left a small light on in the living room so the place wasn't dark when she got back. She hadn't really expected Christian to offer to follow her back, but it was sweet.

She opened the door and motioned for Christian to join her in the living room. "Christian .... I am going to be honest with you. I left Chicago for two reaaons; the first being my new series. I am actually doing a cowboy series and wanted a real life experience. The second reason is ..." Miranda bit her bottom lip and flushed a bit. "Well my ex-boyfriend. We had been together since my senior year in college. He never laid his hands on me .... but he was mentally and emotionally abusive and VERY controlling. I don't want him to find me, that's another reason I moved so far away. He isn't violent, he just doesn't like to lose what he considers his. So .... I will sign the papers in whichever way you think is best. Between my pen name and my real name, either may cause a stir and I apologize if it does. I will also understand if you don't want that kind of attention here considering you have young, impressionable daughters." Miranda took a breath and her eyes met his, awaiting his response.

Christian followed her and should not have worried, the sky was clear enough and the moon shown down so even in the near pitch black darkness with the open fields and the forest far enough away the cabin was easy enough to see.. THAT he had also added a few extra outside lights on a special timer also did not hurt. He parked off to the side and was soon following Miranda inside.

Cristian could not help but give the woman another good hard long look over as he entered, with her back to him he saw she was in excellent shape. BUT it was as if all of a sudden she seemed to tense up, here next words had him clutching the folding folder with the legal doc's HARD. He held himself from breaking in until she was done speaking and even then he did NOT reply right away but put the folder down on the counter and moved to the kitchen... he was not stalling on purpose but more trying to get a bit of control and consider how to respond to what he knew was bothering her, well several things bothering her.. taking a glass from the counter he turned on the cold water, got a few ice cubes and filled the glass with water and ice.
He turned to look at her, still not saying a word he took a long drink of the cold water.. stopped... "Sorry do you want a glass of water?" were the first words out of his mouth, "I should have asked before just getting one for myself, I mean this is my cabin but it also will be your place as such I am not going to just come in here anytime I want and pour a glass of water..." he took a breathe... then shook his head and put the 1/2 glass of water down... " Wow... " was his next word... then again he shook his head and crossed his arms and started to walk or pace, " Okay first let me say Thank You for being open and honest with me, Second as a man I am sorry you were put into a situation were you felt you needed to 'escape?' " he paused wondering if that was the right word? " flee somewhere to be or feel safe" .

As stated Christian was walking around, and it would be clear to Miranda he was pissed BUT she should be able to tell it was not at her... looking at her his eyes seemed to almost confer shame.. " You know I was raised that it was wrong, plain wrong for a man to abuse a woman, " he moved to the sink and picked up the glass of water... " and I do not just mean physical Miranda... emotional can be just as bad or worse and I know we just met and all BUT folks around here are protective of each other. " he smiled.. and opened the folder... " with that I think its best people know the Miranda person and not L. Lane... this way we can just keep that person where she belongs in the books and let the woman I see before me become part of the town and its people."... Christian took another long drink of the water finishing the glass... and putting it down. (he would have gotten her a glass if she had asked or just let her get her own).

Christian could not also help but add... " Do you think there is any chance of him showing up here?"

Miranda was worried at first, Christian hadn't looked happy and he didn't say anything right away. She shook her head no at the offer of a drink and felt a bit sheepish at not offering him one in the first place. Then the more she watched him, the more she realized the anger wasn't directed at her. It warmed her heart to hear how passionately he spoke.

She let him continue and a wide smile spread across her face as he still seemed willing to allow her to stay and thought the town should get to know her for herself. It really made this place feel more like home. When he asked if she thought her ex would come all the way here she sighed.

"Well I had already planned on getting a P.O. Box at the post office for my mail. Plus so he wouldn't be able to just show up at the house. I don't honestly know, his last message I got said that this wasn't over. " She shook her head a bit, "he has no way to legally obtain any info on me, so I hope he just drops it." She bit her lip again and moved toward Christian almost shyly. "Thank you.." she said in a soft tone and then stepped into his space and wrapped her arms around him. Unlike last time where she had just sporadically done it and pulled away. This time she actually placed her head against his chest and hugged him tight.

He was taller then her and she seemed to fit perfectly right against him. He was warm and smelled good, that weird electricity was back. Along with it was that liquid heat that seemed to start at her core and flow upwards. There was apart of her that really didn't even want to let go. Though she felt .... something brush against her leg. She froze, tensing slightly. She couldn't figure out if that was her getting aroused or him ... or both. Before questions were asked or awkwardness set in she fently pulled back. "I ... um...thank you again for everything. Its been hard doing things on my own since my parents .... have been gone. It's nice to find that there are still people like you out here who look out for others." She fidgeted a bit, thankful she had worn jeans because they hid the soft hint of arousal. "So let's sign some papers so you can get back. Oh and when would you like for me to start helping with the girls .... heck I don't even know what day it is... ha" she laughed a bit. Miranda hoped she hadn't gone to far with that semi-intimate embrace but she couldn't seem to help herself. Plus, Christian was a good looking man!

Christian had NOT ... I repeat NOT expected Miranda to invade his space and he stiffened... IN more ways than one, .o0(what the hell) it was like he was back in grade school! Pushing her away would have been wrong, but he also did not want the wood that his body was starting to sport to cause any issues or confusion but he did NOT know what to do. He flushed and blushed and hoped she just did not get upset by the feel of his hardening cock against her body the wrong way.

Christian wrapped his arms around her and tried to force his min to think of something to cause the erection in his tight jeans to halt, he stroked the small of her back and spoke "Hey it's all good, I am not overly concerned about this guy showing yup" he said then deadpanned, " I mean he is not like some jock body builder of roids or an ex special military guy is he?" first off Christian did not think or could not imagine Miranda ever with those type of people. " I think I can handle " he paused stopped... " I mean YOU or if need be WE can handle things if somehow he gets lucky and tracks you down," he was realistic, he had to be.. and practical and practicality is what helped the blood to flow from his cock and his erection to calm down. He gently pushed her back a bit and stepped back his hands moving across her waist as he continued the contact, his body not wanting to loose it but his fingers brushed off her as he took another few steps back and over to the counter with papers.. " Okay so lets just correct the areas we need " he snapped his fingers.. " In fact do you have a printer?" he reached around his neck and showed her a wolf heads platinum amulet... taking it off her have it a twist and a push and a small USB adapter popped out the back that flopped down and locked in.. "This was a gift , it holds well stuff" yeah and now thinking of it he needed to be careful as some of the stuff was personal... " but the Document originals are on here and we could modify and print new copies if you want then just sign them and take them into town and have them processed at the bank".

He held the necklace in his hands waiting for her reply...

As Christian slowly pulled away, Miranda gave a chuckle at his asking about Zander. "No, he isn't some roid fueled meat head, nor does he have any military background. He is an average guy who works in an office building. I'm not scared of him, I just don't want him causing any trouble is all." She said as Christian grabbed the paperwork.

At the mention of a printer, she beamed. She waa glad she had taken the time to set up her things in the loft. She was a bout to respond when he grabbed the pendant from around his neck. She watched as he worked it to make a usb pop out. "Wow, that's handy. I got my stuff set up in the loft, we can use my laptop and printer up there." She said. She turned slowly and walked up the stairs, her hips swaying a bit as she did. Christian had her body feeling all warm and fuzzy and her mind going a bit mushy. The climb up the stairs helped her to get herself reorient as she got to the top. There was a nice desk that came apart in three sections that was a nice oak finish. On it was her laptop, a suitcase typewriter and her printer. There was a nice comfy desk chair and a tall lamp positioned nicely behind it. "Computer should be on, just move your finger on the pad. I'm going to unpack some more of these boxes but if you need help just let me know." Miranda motioned him toward the desk as she went to unpack some of her stuff in the loft. She had completely forgotten that her background, on her laptop, was of her in a tight fitted black dress, starting of into the distant sunset. The sky was colored in soft reds and oranges. Her hair was down and softly flowing behind her. Her shoulders were bare as the dress was strapless and her toned, long legs slightly bent beside her. It wasn't an erotic photo but it sure showed alot more of her then jeans and a t-shirt did.

"Did you want to meet in town at the bank tomorrow? I have a bunch of other stops I have to make as well and I wouldn't want to tie up your day." She asked as she bent down to reach into a box, her back to him.

Christian followed Miranda up the stairs like a puppy dog and if he were a dog his tongue would have been hanging out and he would have been panting as his eyes were glued to her ass! .o0(Dam) Christian mind went places it probably should not be going causing his cock to stir once again.. .oO ( I am going to get blue balls just like back in high school if this keeps up) he thought also.. Tearing his eyes away from her ass as they got quickly to the top he did his best to control the heat that would or could have blossomed on his face, luckily his farmers tan would hide it, well most of it.

As Miranda led him to the desk then motioned to her laptop and the setup he smiled, he may not be an expert but he was NOT a luddite, computers were the future even for farmers and he used his at home to monitor various prices as well as find deals for items he could NOT get locally... just so long as they were actually made in the U.S.A., yes we were had a global economy hell a good portion of what he would be growing would be being shipped to Canada... IF things went right but still he would hedge on some profit to help his neighbors and the country if needed.

"Thanks" he said as he slid into the chair and smiled up at her, he watched her as she moved over to some items near the stairs, when she bent over to pick up a box his quickly moved his eyes to the computer and slid his finger over the mouse pad.. her screen came up and his eyes almost bugged out. 'Dam' he said in a near whisper then looked to see if she had heard the exclamation as the image on her screen was of HER but not the casual looking almost country looking comfortable her BUT the all too sexy city person he should have known she COULD be, the black dress looked almost painted on and his eyes scrunched and squinted a bit... his late wife had an outfit or two like this and for him his eyes would drop down and look at that 'something extra' she had been given by God as a gift, he blinked once .. twice... his imagination must be in in overdrive as for a second... his mind told him there was a BULGE in the black dress...

Before Christian drew Miranda's attention for ogling her onscreen he had slipped his drive into her computer slot, a smile on his face as an image of what he would like to be slipping into another slot popped into his head and he was glad he was sitting in a chair that he could slid forward to hide an erection that he could not help. Following the prompts from the computer he opened the drive found the documents and started to edit. These actions allowed his body to calm down.. and after only ten minutes he had them done.. before printing he called to Miranda "How about you take a look at them..." Christian said.. " before printing this way .. you know.. save a tree and all that.." he added standing and moving over to allow her to sit and review the documents..

(when she does he would move in next to her and place his hand on the desk and back of the chair and lean down, looking at the screen but be close to her answering any and all questions... )

Miranda had left Christian to it, sorting through boxes. She paused as her fingers touched a gold framed picture. Her heart began to ache slightly, *you guys would have loved this place .. though you also would have hated Zander and maybe none of this would be happening at all.* she thought to herself she had to blinks few times so tears wouldn't form.

Like s beacon his voice called to her, pulling her out of a place of heart ache. Her eyes found his. Sheforced a smile but wasn't sure it worked. "Oh ... yeah alright." She replied. Luckily her voice seemed steady enough as she walked over to him. For a moment she almost wanting to just be in his arms again. Why was it that he made her feel .... better. She really had to contain herself. She certainly didn't want to send the wrong message, she wasn't normally so open with affection.

She slid into the chair, caredul not to rub against him and setting the picture of her parents on the desk. Her eyes then went to the screen. For a moment her face heated, she was seeing her image in the background. With effort she focused on the documents, even though he stayed close. Which of course made her want to squirm. He smelled so good and the heat coming from him was so inviting. "Well it looks good to me." She said and peered up at him. Miranda blinked at him, licked her lips .... "you want me to print these." She asked half staring at his mouth.

'lip licking' his mind heard the words that came from those lips, just as his ears took in those words and his brain processed a response to give to the words but there was a fuzziness to his mind as his eyes were on Miranda's lips and the image of her tongue sliding out to caress the slight red sweet lips. Christian did not respond to her question his mind playing over the action her tongue had taken and he breathed in the smell of her, his heart beating in his chest as he felt his entire body start to tingle and without conscious thought so close to her he started to move closer...

'KC to Poppa Bear' came a voice from down below in the kitchen, the radio set-up that they had put in place causing him to freeze and pull back, to stand up taking his hand off the desk and the back of the chair... Christian reached up and ran his hand through his hear his body giving a small shudder as he smiled at Miranda and heard 'KC ' and in the back ground he heard '& SAMMY " .. "to Poppa Bear, DAD! are you there? Sammy wants to know when you will be back she is REFUSING to get ready for bed until YOU are back' he heard his eldest daughter say stress in her young voice.. Christian laughed and shook his head.. "Yeah it all looks good go ahead and print TWO copies we can then take them into town in the morning and get everything signed off on as well as pick up any extra supplies you may need for your stay out here" he then started to move towards the stairs.. "pardon me I need to tell them I will be back soon" Christian said as he hurried down the stairs to the CB like radio set-up....

Miranda would hear him tell KC & Sammy that he would not be long, that BOTH of them should brush there teeth and get ready for bed, they would be heading into town in the morning so they should be in bed when he comes home and he would check in on them when he made it back. It took him only five minutes of back and forth and then he was back upstairs moving over to Miranda his face a bit embarrassed .. "You would think I was running out on them or something" he said , stopping and taking a look around and then back to Miranda , he looked at his watch it was about 9:30.. "So is 7AM to early for you? " he asked.. the trip to town would take a few hours then they needed to be back, he could afford a second day with his crew handling things there was no issue today not really.... " I need to make certain though so before you drive over check in with the radio we may have to push this out to early afternoon and then we can just have dinner in town before heading back."

The moment had passed and he waited hoping he had not spooked his renter, a bit embarrassed that he had OBVIOUSLY misread the look she had given him just a short while before..

Miranda froze as Christian began to lean in, he was going to kiss her. Her heart was pounding so fast and hard that she was sure he could hear it. She nearly jumped as she heard KC'S voice from downstairs. As Christian pulled away it was like someone had dumped cold water unto her. All she could do was nod when he said he would be right back.

Miranda came back to her senses as he went downstairs. *stupid ... what are you doing. You just got here and hugged him TWICE and almost kissed him. He has kids and probably has enough female attention given his looks and personality. * she berated herself. She printed two copies of the documents and properly removed his thumb drive.

When he came back, she knew the moment was gone and she was all business. "Here is your thumb drive and the papers. Seven am is not to early for me and I will radio the house before I come down, Channel one for home base." She gave him a warm smile. Miranda was careful to not get to close to him again. His kids needed him and she needed to try to contain herself. She had the odd feeling that the two of them would be like gasoline to each others fire if not careful. "I'll walk you to the door." She said making a motion for him to go on ahead. She would then give him a polite goodbye and offer her hand. "Thank you again for everything, drive safely." She would wait till she couldn't see his taillights before going in and going right to bed.

Christian had also cooled down and was kicking himself at what HE had almost done, he nodded at her reply and kept his eyes to himself. He also kept a good five feet between the two of them. The thing is thoughts of his daughters was not on his mind but thoughts of Miranda and the picture on her computer.. his mind still confused as to what he thought he had seen, but lightening does not strike twice? does it??

He paused at the door and turned, "Miranda.." he stopped.. "Mandy" he restarted his mind going with what she had said he swallowed and dipped his head, " the girls really seem to have taken to you, " Christian said before he could chicken out, " and truth be told I would really like to get to know you better" he lifted his eyes to look her in the eyes and smile, " but in good time Okay? and ..." he paused.. " well if any of that is an issue you just say the word and we can just be rente and renter, neignbors and friends" he offered his hand for her to shake , then beyond his better judgment pulled her into a short hug... before letting go and heading out.

***************************************************************************************************

Christian made it back to his house, and found his girls NOT in bed but ready for it waiting for him... KC had this look on her face that had him shaking HIS head as he picked up Sammy and carried her up the stiars to her bed.. he could smell the fresh washed smell and saw the clean brushed teeth and he chuckled.. Sammy being Sammy hugged her daddy and said 'Did you tuck Mandy into bed Daddy?' behind him he heard a snort of laughter and turned to see KC covering her face and he raised an eyebrow... "No honey she is a big girl like KC and does not need tucking in... " he heard KC whisper something and glared at her but was uncertain what she had said ...

One bedtime story later, he checked in on his oldest who was reading a book... "We will be heading into town early ... " letting her know he needed her up at 6AM unless he was needed around the place, she told him that Mick and Matt had checked in a few times everything was 5x5 so they still had weeks till any serious work would be done ALTHOUGH they material fort the wind towers would be in soon and he needed to decided where he wanted them put up as well as make certain that Matt's uncle was able to do the set-up once the crew had them secured.

Christian considered what she had said... "Okay change of plans we will head out around 10AM fancy making brunch for the four of us?" he smiled.. "That is if Miranda wishes to join us for it before we head into town?" KC nodded... " so yes you can sleep in then... I will be up early keep an eye on Sammy" at this KC rolled her eyes and he kissed the top of her head before heading down stairs to his office to go over some things before taking a shower and heading to bed...

He was up at 5AM , enjoyed some coffee and toast and headed out to talk to his hired hands by 8AM he was back and heard the girls up and about,... He had taken the radio and when Miranda checked in told her the 'updated plan' and what time she would should show up to join them for a brunch before heading into town... they would be dropping Sammy & KC at his in-laws before they headed into town proper.

At Brunch he told Miranda that his in-laws would meet them in town, he wanted to show her around a bit as they processed the agreement, he also had a few places to stop in quickly but for the most part he wanted to help her meet some people, " Trust me it's far better having a local show you around the first time". Eggs, Waffles and fresh syrup was what was menu along with some double fried extra crispy fresh chicken breasts (boneless)... yeah KC is that good of a young cook.

Sammy was a mess dipping her chicken in the syrup and making yummy noises as she at her food and giggled..

Miranda looked up as Christian paused at the door. The use of her nickname made her smile aa he seemed nervous. Ehen he said he would like to get to know her better she was a bit surprised and flattered. "I would like that as well." She replied softly. She had went to put out her hand and was suddenly wrapped in a quick embrace. She flushed as she watched him go, giving him a wave before heading into the cabin. She got dressed for bed and climbed in. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Though Miranda waa having a hard time falling asleep. Between the fact that she hadn't slept alone in years and thoughts of Christian floating around, it took her a bit to relax.

Her dreams were filled with all sorts of scenerarios of her and Christian in the loft. Her favorite was the dream where the actually kissed, it was like she imagined it. He was gas to the fire of lust running through her. The kiss heated and suddenly his hands were everywhere on her. When he came to the apex of her legs, he was actually even more turned on by his discovery. Clothes were starting to come off and her minds version of him naked did NOT disappoint. He had a nice long, thick cock begging for attention and her 9wn was responded the same. Just as his hands touched her aching member, she heard a beeping. She frowned, both in the dream and real life. She sat up with a gasp coming awake instantly to her alarm and groaning at it. As she shut it off with more force then necessary she realized another problem. She was hard and sore, her coxk wanting attention. "Well looks like we are both going to be sadly unsatisfied this morning." She said to her erection as she awkwardly walked to the bathroom. After getting dressed in a T-shirt and a pair of leggings ..... and a cup of coffee, her erection finally subsided. So she threw on a light jacket, grabbed the mace and began to stretch before jogging her typical 4 miles.

Miranda was back, showered and changed by 6:30. She radioed into "home base." Christian gave her the updated plan. She confirmed the time for brunch and went to work on beginning her new book, "Ride a Cowboy." She smirked at herself for the title and began her outline. Miranda worked diligently til her alarm went off again. She had set one so as to not miss brunch, she often could get lost for hours when writing.

Miranda had eaten a light breakfast of oatmeal and fruit after her work out but she was definitely hungry as she made her way to the house. She made she she had all the proper paper work and I.D.'she for town and another small bag with signed copies of her books for the library. She wasn't going to tell them she wrote them, just donate them as if she bought them. The smell of fun hit her by the time she waa on the porch. She looked over the spread, "wow KC this looks amazing!" She said honestly, beeping at the girl. At the giggling from Sammy Miranda chuckled and grabbed her napkin. "You've got a bit .... right here." She whooped the little girls nose before wiping at syrup on her face. "You are so cute, let me try that." Miranda then dipped her chicken in the syrup and made sure to hum her appreciation as well. She had her hair down today and some cute cowgirl boots with matching buckle and her nails matched her turquoise top. "Do either of you girls like to have your nails painted? I have every color you can imagine and nothing wrong with a hard working woman wanting to look pretty." At that she shot Christian a little side wink. He had said that it would just be the two of them once the girls met with the in-laws. So she had taken a little extra time to put a small bit of make-up on and look pretty.

Christian could not help but smile at the sight of the 'woman' and a part of his heat ached to see Sammy smile at Miranda , KC watching the two of the a sparkle in her eyes. He closed his eyes and said a prayer to his wife, hopping that she was looking down at her girls and was happy with how they had weathered her loss, opening his eyes he looked a bit harder at Mandy a touch of color just a touch caressed her cheeks and eyes and he could not help but smile, THEN the thought of what people would be thinking or saying in town hit him. Yeah the Kittens, Cats and Cougars would all have there claws out again, DAM maybe he should ask if Many would be his ... shill? beard?? fake girl friend??? he pondered this as he finished eating.

Asking Miranda to help Sammy get cleaned up, he helped KC clean the kitchen and put the dishes in the dish washer but the time they were done so was Mandy and Sammy. Christian offered to drive and later and soon they were climbing into an SUV, it had been his wives car and he used it often when he had the girls now. The trip into town was spent answering any questions that Miranda may have had, though KC and Sammy also asked there fair share of questions though Sammy's were the typical... one's kids seem to ask all the time, some time over and over.

In a few hours they had made it to his in-laws , they of course had been alerted as to what was going on and did not want to keep them... informing Christian to simply call and offering both of them to join in dinner unless they were going to eat in town. KC said her goodbye's and hugged her dad and turning hugged Mandy as well... on impulse Sammy following suite. Soon it was just Christian and Miranda back in his SUV.. alone he turned and said to her, "Thanks again for this morning and helping with Sammy" he added also dealing with all the questions from the girls.. though he felt Sammys' were much easier to answer.. as some of KC were more personal like What her favorite song was, color, music, food, did she have any allergies and the one that threw him... for a LOOP and had him turning to look at his daughter... 'how old were you when you kissed your first boy?'.

Of course Christian had listened to each and every answer and filed them away for use later.. once it was the two of them he felt it would only to be fair to offer to let HER ask him anything she wished now that the girls were gone, she had been a trooper and answered almost all there questions he felt she deserved to be allowed to ask as many questions she wanted from him, until such time as they made it into town... he added. Okay so she had two hours of interrogation and he had only about forty minutes...

Miranda helped Sammy clean up, making sure all the sticky syrup was gone. It made her heart give a weird twist as she did. She was quickly realizing how much she desired to have a child, if she could even have any at all. She surpressed a sigh and smiled warmly at Sammy. Till she was done so was Christian and KC. She was surprised when they took an SUV instead of the truck. Though she figured it was the space and better on gas. The SUV had a hint of a woman's touch to it and it made her feel .... well she wasn't sure. Sadness ... maybe though it was more an ache then anything.

Those thoughts were quickly pushed away as the girls set in to ask her about herself. She honestly didn't mind, it was a kid thing and more so for girls then boys. She answered them all openly. Her favorite song was "broken wings," by Martina McBride, her favorite color was teal, (which she wore often), Miranda liked country music but she also like music with beat. She had no allergies though spicy food did cause her some stomach trouble. Her favorite flower was the Lilly because roses were just so cliche and the last one .... well Christian had given his oldest daughter a look. Though that one she felt safe answering anyway. "The first boy I kissed was my high school sweetheart, my senior year at prom." She had answered truthfully. Miranda had been careful with herself around ... well everyone. With her extra bits, she had to. Her parents had always told her she was special and not a freak but that some people would be cruel if they knew the truth. Heck Miranda had only ever slept with Zander, their sex life VERY vanilla as he made it a point to ignore her extra bits. She hadn't gone that far but she hoped she hadn't overstepped with her answer.

When they dropped the girls off Miranda was taken back slightly at the hugs from the girls. She embraced them warmly and said goodbye to them before getting back in with Christian. He thanked her for that morning, helping with Sammy and be patient with the barage of questions. She smiled at him, "there is no need to thank me but your welcome all the same.

"Honestly, your girls are amazing. I hope I didn't overstep with my answer to KC about the kissing but I was honest. I kept my head in the books .... quite literally ...all through high school and most of college." She answered him, but now her own mind had a few questions as well. "Well now that I'm allowed to pick your mind a bit .... what is your favorite color? Favorite song and music? But also ...." Miranda let him answer each question before biting her bottom lip a bit. "Are you ... seeing anyone? And would you mind telling me a bit about .... your wife. Like where you met and such. If not that's alright I can ask about something else." Miranda had said the last bit in a rush and then looked at him to see how he would react to such personal and possibly painful memories. She really did want to know more about his past but she wouldn't pry if he didn't want to answer. Heck it had been years since her parents had died and it was still hard to talk about them, she couldn't imagine losing one's soul mate.

(the drive)
KC sat with her mouth hanging open in the back seat... "PROM! Senior PROM!!" she could not believe it, she crossed her arms but closed her mouth, Sunny giggled at her sisters reaction, KC looked to her then back up front and under her breath she said 'i should never have asked the question, now dad will be even more a futz budget' she grumbled to herself not knowing the grown ups would be able to hear her.

(after the drop off)
Christian had only smiled... and when answering her about the kiss.. "That is quit alright, hard to believe" he added " I mean unless your father was like I am 'overly protective' " he stated.. " I bet he had to beat the boys away with a baseball bat from time to time" ... Christian saw her blush and then move on to the 'interrogation' but he had made the offer now he needed to live with it.

The fact she asked some of the same questions had him chuckling.. "Blue all shades of blue," Christian answered to color .. on Music.. "I am a fan of Country for the most part and listen to it almost 24/7 but ..." he paused.. " Bruce Springsteen Born in the USA is top of my list " he replied her next question took him by surprise and had him wondering and perhaps hoping, .oO( did she feel the spark he had?)., "Uh ummm" he said starting out so eloquently looking over and seeing how hard it had been for her to ask BUT getting this out in the open.. "No.. no I have not seen or dated since the loss of my wife.. " he took a long deep breathe , "She had been special" were the first words out of his mouth and he realized how true that statement was.. " a cowgirl at heart we met in school " he started.. he then went on to say like him she would attend school as needed but also would be allowed out to work the farm and turn in assignments every other week, back then it was just the way it was done. "It was not easy getting close to her, but living next to each other we started as friends and then she shared a secret with me" he paused " when I proved to her that I was special by keeping that secret things changed, they progressed and in times in a big way.. " in a lot of ways we were each others firsts.... and yeah we had some issues but in the end she was my best friend" he could feel the tears threating to come forth, " KC and Sunny are miracles and she never expected to be able to have one child let alone two..." he said. Christian spoke a bit more speaking on her passion the painting and sculpting how yeah she liked to work with the earth and loved flowers , but famers did not grow farmers.. yet that was something he was doing now. Farming flowers..." I think if anything that is something that she would have loved and been proud of you know... 'Farming Flowers'."

By the time he was done speaking he had did the full bandage pull, going into the finding of progressive cancer and how in a short time it just ate her body up and though she fought to the end, they all fought.. there was nothing they could do. " I miss her, and I part of me always will miss her" he said putting the SUV in park and turning the key off.. "But I cannot keep hiding out on my farm, at least that is what my In-laws say, my parents say, My friends and hired hands say, KC says and NOW even Sunny is starting to say it." he turned and smiled at Miranda "BUT enough of that lets get the papers signed and take a trip around town and get you introduced to the people"

As he exited the SUV in front of the Bank, he heard a woman call his name.. He laughed "Doc Brown" the local doctor in town, was Doctor Emily Brown, her husband Ernest was a barber/Nurse or Physicians assistant as he liked to be called.

Emily Brown say Christian with a woman, climbing out of his SUV! Now that would start the gossip mill going around town. But she would not be the first... he had heard through the grape vine (The mother-in-law of his late wife) that the Cabin had been rented out to someone, and it did not take much to put two and two together and get that this woman had to be the new renter. "So Christian I take it this young lady has something to do with either the Cabin on your property or those flowers you are selling?" she added the flowers even though she knew some big COSCO like company had one the bid to collect and buy the flowers from his farm.

Christian turned and introduced the local town Doctor to Miranda.. Emily offered her hand and shook the woman's smiling adding.. " not only the local Doctor the ONLY Doctor for miles and miles .. " she added " Unless you need Vet work then we have three of them!" Emily could not help but ask how Miranda was doing and if there would be any need of her services? Christian just waited patiently as the ladies chatted and when done..

"Okay well Doc I need to get her inside to see Wesley" Wesley worked at the bank and handled not only Bank business but could notarize documents etc.. he saw Doc Brown nod and let them be on there way.

It did not take them but twenty minutes inside the bank to get the paper work done, and then the Bank Manager, (Wesley's father) helped register her and offer her a 'card' to use around town that could draw funds from this branch and be used just about anywhere included the farmers market. It was convent and suggested to make things easier. In fact .. " Some banks have these debt cards now a days we have a conveyance card and to qualify you have to have at least one person who is willing to back you up OR keep $10,000 in an account" he looked at the two of them wondering what option would be used?

Christian laughed, the sum that Miranda was putting down for the rental was a bit more than what was being asked, "I'll sign off on her" he said spur of the moment.. turning to Miranda " unless you take issue with that?" he added.. uncertain if he had spoke too quickly and gone to far.

"My parents were fairly laid back, but giving someone you body was a sign of trust and that was something that had to be earned. So I was careful and they never commented and I was pretty open with them when it came to those things." Miranda commented about her parents as they settled in for the drive.

Miranda beamed and smiled as Christian answered the easier questions. Though she sensed and saw a visible difference upon the not so easy one. She listened attentively, even cocking her head when he said his wife a secret as well. Though surely it couldn't be as big of a one as the one between her own legs. She never interrupted just patiently listened. A lone tear slid down her fave as he spoke of her cancer.

As he parked she placed her hand on his, "thank you for sharing that with me." She gave me a comforting smile as they both got out of the vehicle. Who would have thought the first person she would meet would be the town doctor Emily Brown. Miranda exchanged a handshake and a soft flush. "Oh ... Im doing alright. Though I guess it's good I met you. I have an IUD that will need switched shortly and driving to Chicago would be ridiculous. " Miranda laughed, the doctor seemed friendly enough and there were laws protecting one's privacy but it would still be awkward the first time either way.

She bis the doctor farewell and followed Christian inside the bank. It was a fairly quick process and everyone there was super nice. As the bank manager handed her a card she took in everything he said. Well it wouldn't take much for her to transfer funds and start up an account. In fact she had brought cash along to do just that but certainly not 10,000. She was pondering as Christian spoke up and her eyes went wide with shock. "Well I .... *blush* no that's alright for now. I did bring some money with me to start an account here and all my I.D. forms as well. In a few days I can have the minimum in my account to cover for the card ..... t-thank you Christian." Geez Miranda was really beside herself, she wasn't used to such generosity like this.

She really did want to open an account though as her money from inheritance and the sum she collected from her book sales would have a percentage put in. She would live very comfortably even with the rent amount. She would then get an account squared away before turning to Christian. "Can we also stop by the library. I want to get a membership and "donate" these signed copies of books." She gave him a small wink as she didn't want to say they were hers in a bank where someone might hear.

Back
Top Bottom