Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Once Upon a Midsummer Night(butterfly0408/Chrono Trigger)

butterfly0408

Singularity
Cleo and Ramar playfully chased one another through the wood. Laughing as they played their little love games. She would run, he would chase. She could hid. He would find. She'd say now with a smile. He would say yes with a kiss. Something seemed to be in the air that made their little night tryst in the woods feel almost, enchanted.

If only they knew. They were in an enchanted place.

Unable to be seen by the human eyes, they were in the veil of the fairies. To see the wood through the eyes of one of their kind would be a true blessing. It almost seemed a light even in the night, with colors of rainbows and flowers of fragrant scents. And in the trees over the mortals heads, faeries watch, giggling at the mortals silly behavior. All but one giggled at list.

Titania, the queen of the fairies lounged herself gracefully across a tree branch, her elbow resting against the limp and her chin resting in her hand. While all the fairies were truly beautiful creatures, Titania's beauty put the rest to shame. The body of a goddess, curve in all the right places, skin flawless, eyes exotic, sparkling. She wore hardly anything at all. It seemed more like paints upon her skin then clothing as the purples seemed to swirl across her skin. Some golden trinkets upon her wrists, upper arms, around her neck, ears, and even an anklet. A crown of flowers atop her head. And a look in of envy in her eyes...

The lovers below, while mortal beings, had the one thing the Queen of the fairies longed for. It was the relationship that made them not only lovers, but friends as well. Through her tough exterior, was still the heart of a woman. Why could she and her husband not be like that? No, she and Oberon didn't have that. They had lust more than anything else. Was it wrong to want something more? And was it wrong also to give into that lust every time it popped up?

((This is the image of Titania I am using: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tatsurachan.deviantart.com/art/WIP2-Oberon-Ttitania-96472128">http://tatsurachan.deviantart.com/art/W ... a-96472128</a><!-- m --> ))

The sounds of fallen leaves crumbling could be heard with each step taken. A man wondering just where his wife had gone off to. It seemed like a grand day out, the weather being far too perfect. It was the only reason he knew she'd be out and about somewhere. He just hated that she never informed him on where she was going or that she was even going anywhere at all.

He could hear a couple nearby and it disgusted him at how they were with one another. The way they seemed to love one another. Mostly though, it was just because he couldn't share that sort of love with the wife he had. He had seemed to try but there always seemed to be some sort of reason that tore them apart from one another. His eyes then kept focus on the girl, tilting his head.

The way she seemed to glow while she was so in love with the mate she'd chosen. He wondered if his wife would look like that, she'd be one of the most beautiful beings in the world if she did. Her body was already perfect, it just lacked certain features he wished to see in her. He wondered if he perhaps was lacking in something that just didn't interest her. He had the body of a god, well built and tall. Hair that seemed to glow in the sunlight and never messed up even when he slept. It was long and brown, slightly wavy. The only thing that covered his body was a cloth that wrapped about his hips and draped over to hide what needed to be.

(Pretty much used the same pic. I couldn't find anything else. xD)

Oberon had no idea that Titania had heard him approch. No idea that she was watching him from above. No idea how she saw him look at the mortal woman. It enraged her to see that look in his eyes. Was THAT what he wanted?! Some mortal nobody?! How dare he! How could he? He had her, Titania, the most stunning being on the planet and he lusted after some mortal wench! How could he!

Behind all that rage was a hurt that dug deep. She would give anything to have him look at her like that. But no. He only looked at her and saw a body for his bed of flowers.

The forest around them all seemed to play off of the fairies queen's mood. The wind picked up and the sky grew cloudy. The mortals looked to the sky and together decided it best to return home before the clouds parted and let rain fall upon them. It left the king and queen alone together to face off. Again.

"A shame your little mortal morsel wandered off Oberon," she said, finally bringing herself to his attention in the tree above his head. "You were looking upon her as if you wanted to place a sleep spell upon her mate and take her right upon this very earth." Titania's fairies all giggled at the king.

A sigh was let off as the scenery changed and the mortals ran off. He wondered just what the man had that made the mortal woman so happy. It then hit him how the weather here was only effected by the queenand her voice struck his eardrums immediately. He was definitely in for it now, having realized just how he might of looked to her.

He turned to face Titania and shook his head slowly. "How dare I look at her in such a way? How dare you look at that man!" He growled as he only fought back with her instead of telling her what he really looked upon the woman for. It was the stubborness of a man that made him do such. And it cost them to fight often. "I bet you'd rather bed with him too!"

The voice of Oberon made even the fiercest beasts tremble when he was angered. But his wife was so use to it by now, he knew it didn't have as much of an effect as it use to. He was accused and that in itself hurt him.

"Did you see me look upon him?" she asked as she sat up, crossing her long legs in an elegant gesture, glaring down upon him. "You have no proof of such an accusation for you were so fixated upon the mortal woman you did not even know your own wife was but ten feet away!"

It was the truth too. She had hardly even given the male youth a second glance. She two was fixated upon the happiness of the woman. Wishing it was her own.

A few fairies chimed in, coming to support their lady, "The queen hardly looked at the boy." Said one, fluttering to a branch closer to her queen while a second fluttered to a branch above Oberon's head, "Not at all like YOU were looking at the girl my lord." A chorus of giggles erupted from the trees.

He glared at the fairies with piercing eyes. He didn't want to hear there baffling words at all. Even if they were trying to defend him. His hands balled into fists as she had a point, he hadn't seen her do it. He then closed his eyes and said nothing. He only thought about how the couple before seemed and just shook his head a bit.

"You have no idea in what way I was looking at the girl." He faced away from Titania and walked away slowly. "It might of been a look of admiration and want. But it wasn't that mortal I wanted." He was silent until he was about out of sight. "I'll be in the bedroom. When you decide to show up is your choice."

By the time the sun set, Titania still had not come to Oberon in his bed. No. She would not have it. Not now. She was to angry and angry sex was not what she wanted. She want love. Romance. Not just the lust. And she knew that going to him now would only end up in a lusty roll in the hay.

Titania sought peace in a flower bed along the banks of the river. One of her favorite places. Laying upon the mossy earth, she dropped her hand into the river and left the water and the fishes dance between her fingers. She was a stubborn as she was beautiful. If Oberon wanted her, he'd have to seek her out himself for she would not return begging to him.

Oberon layed in bed for some time. He grew lonely the longer he waited for Titania to return. He hadn't wanted sex, but he knew they would do so even if one didn't want it. The lust of the other always succeeded in getting what it wanted. He finally got out of bed, wanting her at his side so he set out to find her.

It wasn't hard to find her, always able to feel the presence of his wife. He saw her playing in the water as if she had no cares for anything else in the world. It made him wonder if she was even thinking about him. He wanted to walk away now, let her be if she wasn't. But he was drawn to only move closer to her, slowly. Even if she would feel his presence approaching her.

Titania could sense him the moment he approached, but she played it calm and cool. She did not move from her spot, but closed her eyes, pretending to be in deep concentration. Her hand still played in the water gently, but the closer one came upon Titania, the more you could see the look upon her face was not a content on. She was troubled, and it was clear on her face. Even a child could see it.

Oberon sat down at her side immediately and closed his eyes. He rubbed her back softy and seemed as if he had a sudden mood swing. He was definitely not like he was in the forest and she didn't seem to be the same either. That troubled look she had made him worry, knowing it was because of him. "Why do you stay out by one self? You'd think you'd get lonely by now."

"You would think right," she said quietly in a voice completely devoid of all sarcasm, hate, everything that was there before. Her voice was almost weak at this point. Like a weak little girl. "Oberon..." she turned her face to him and opened her eyes. They glistened as if they were about to shed tears, "why do we always fight?"

The sound of her voice caused him to stop everything he was doing. She didn't seem like she was really there or even wanted him around. He was tempted to just go until he heard her call his name. That look in her eyes making him feel sorry for even thinking about going. He then looked down and shook his head slowly. "Perhaps it is because we are God and Goddess and seek one another as perfect.. As to where the mortals know they are only mortal and expect nothing more from the other."

Her face remained unchanged at first. Even as she reached her hand up to gently stroke his cheek, "Why must it be like this. I hate being perfect. Things are to complicated when they are always so perfect. For once I..." she stopped and closed her eyes again, her hand starting to fall away, "Never mind."

The feel of her hand raised a desire within him. He heard her words and only wanted to comfort her even more. He wasn't sure if she was just trying to get him to be this way or if she truely felt as she said, but it was working either way. He felt her hand drop and quickly grabbed it, interlacing fingers together. "No, do tell me. For once you...?"

Titania gasped as he grabbed for her hand like that. She had not expected him to go after her hand like that. It made her immortal heart skip a beat. "I wish.... for once.... we could be........ imperfect." She spoke in hardly a whisper. As if to even mention her desire was wrong.

Oberon brought her face to look at him gently with his other hand. He kissed her lips softly and closed his eyes a bit. "Perhaps we can try to look past one another's mistakes as the mortals do. But we will have to see how that goes." He opened his eyes to look into her own. "I'd like to see you glow as the mortal female did."

Titania's face grew a little confused, the true meaning of his wish beyond her. Taking it literally, "The mortal woman did not glow..." Titania sat up then and her face didn't grow angry per say, but it did grow almost hurt. Only in her eyes if you looked deep, DEEP into them, past her frowning lips. "Did she glow to you?" He needed to be careful with his res response, for the wrong words could ruin her mood and the moment.

Oberon drew his hand away and placed them in his lap. He knew what he would say would possibly get her angered if said wrong. He kept quiet for a moment and shook his head. "Not in a sense of her beauty. But the way her happiness was for the man. And I should also be as happy as that man was. You've stuck with me this long, after all. I'd hate to think it's just lust after such a long time." He looked over to her. "Lust dies out eventually."

Titania sighed and looked to the water, tossing his words around in her head. "I can't even recall a time when we were not husband and wife. When we were not like we are right now. Was there ever a time before? Or did we come into existence like this?" The thought frightened her. What if it was like that? She can't really recall ever CHOOSING Oberon. Being woo'ed by him. He was just always.... there. Just like she was just there for him.

Oberon looked off into the distance, doing nothing. It was as if he was now frozen, but he was just deep in thought. He felt the same way now that he thought of it. "Did we ever..." He closed his eyes and sighed softly. "Are we living a lie...?" He finally looked over to her. "Maybe this is why we fight. We never got the chance to do anything."

"I don't know," she said on a sigh. "All I know is that I am your wife and you are my husband and we are the king and the queen of the fairies. That is how it always has been and I am sure always will be." She shrugged, "We just... are..." the realization saddened her. Was there no love at all? She felt it, but doubted he did.

He was silent for a moment more. He had to think about things. He then figured he'd try something and see if it felt any different than any other time. He brought his hand gently to her cheek and brought her to face him, placing his lips softly to her own.

Titania rose her hand to rest it against his chest lightly as they kissed. Her eyes drifted closed as she sunk into the kiss with him. The giggles of her fairies in the trees above them ran in the air as Titania found them ruining her moment with her husband. She glared up at them and spoke, "Leave us and to night return to this place until the dawn light breaks." All her little servants obeyed, fluttering to the four winds and leaving the two to discover what they had with one another, if they had anything at all.

Oberon pulled away at the sound of the faries and closed his eyes. He knew Titania had it handled so he spoke nothing to them, though he laughed softly about it. He then looked into her eyes and smiled softly. "I can sense there is a slight bit of love. But until we can get passed the rest of our problems. We'll not be able to truely love one another fully."

Titania sighed and sat herself closer to Oberon still, resting her hand on his leg, her fingers lightly stroking his thigh as she spoke. The touch causing her own lusts to slowly start to rise in her gut. "How? How can we get passed our problems? I don't know how to start even."

Back
Top Bottom