Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Old Motel ( demy x DigitalSiren )

"It was no trouble." Bunny said simply. Her blonde hair tumbled, blue eyes peering as she turned to look at the human girl. Bree was certainly a curious creature. A unexpected event in what was the rather dull happenings of her little hive. It was the vampires job to keep them all safe but it could be a rather boring affair. "We needed the room."

It was clear that Bree would not be using it for the time being. Bunny had given the room to a paying customer. The blue eyed vampire peered around the space.

"So plain." She sighed. Reaching over Bunny nudged the food closer. There was a bottle of water next to the covered tray. "Duke is really the only one who eats, likes the texture." The girl snorted a little. Under the tray was a microwaved mac and cheese.

Bunny was being quite conversational, compared to the quiet sullen girl Bree was more used to dealing with. It was not every day they had a guest.

"Arthur seems rather clear headed today." She finally sniped, glancing toward the closed door. "Do you find him insufferable?" The vampire was very familiar with his poor attitude, the rare moments he bothered to linger in her presence. Bunny was unreadable. Her expression a little cool but not unfriendly or threatening. A light inquiring tone.

"Ah, I see." The reason was simple enough and it seemed to explain why Bunny would go out of her way to be nice. Not that she doubted the vampire would, but so far, the experiences she had with vampires was a mixed bag, to say the least.

Her eyes moved around the room. She couldn't disagree, Arthur's room was plain. It was his space though, he must have liked the way it was. However, correcting a vampire... didn't seem wise. Looking at the tray she lifted it, resting it on her thighs. Lifting the cover she found Mac and Cheese and Bree's stomach gave a hungry rumble. "I didn't know vampire could eat normal food"

Bree wasn't sure of anything, in fact. "I assume this came from Duke's stash?" If it had, Bree would need to make a mental note to thank the vampire. He'd saved her, given her water and perhaps the meal once more covered under the cloche.

Her eyes followed Bunny's and she gave a small shrug. "He has been more or less 'clear' headed most of the night so far." There had been episodes of the kinder, sweeter Arthur, but only a few in comparison to the night before last.

"Can I ask what will be done with me?" Bree was looking at Bunny. "I don't want to cause Arthur or anyone else here problems." There was honesty in her voice, raw honesty. "I came here to get clean.. which I know is somewhat hilarious, given most others seem to be here to get high.."

She looked down at her tray. "I didn't want to die.. I still don't." Sighing she looked back up, "I know me saying that I will not tell anyone, might not mean much, but I won't." She laughed slightly. "Hell, even if I did have a death wish... and decided to spill the beans, no one would believe me and I'd be committed."

Shifting on the bed she looked towards the door. She wished Arthur was in here. Not for protection from Bunny.. He wouldn't be able to do much was her guess, but she found his presence soothing. "Why does everyone talk down about Arthur?" There was something to her tone, anger perhaps, at the way people spoke of him or about him. If nothing else was clear, for better or worse, Breeanna liked Arthur.

"It's a little like someone sensitive to gluten eating bread." Bunny provided. There were very few vampires that bothered, the memory of food growing fainter with each decade. Duke was being unusually stubborn. "Possible with some discomfort."

Bunny reached out catching some the girls hair. The strands falling through her delicate fingers.

"Arthur makes them uneasy." The vampire was being unusually humoring. It could have been a good mood or the simple knowledge Bree would not be around for long. "A vampire his age is a risk that most hives would rather dispose of than take care of." Bunny snorted. "Though honestly the only one giving me trouble lately is Marten."

The witnessed murderer.

"The second is that despite his problems Arthur could trump the lot of them, your present company excluded. Why do you think they've left you alone? There would be a punishment for going against me but nothing permeant over a human girl."

Bunny sighed taking her hand back.

"I'll have to kill Arthur some day I'm sure, but he seems settled around you and so long as you don't pose a problem I'm willing to see how things play out."

That made sense, Bree guessed. It didn't seem pleasant, but people did a lot of the things that made them happy or offered nostalgia. "I see, does it taste the same?" Bree was a curious one.

Bunny reached out, catching a lock of her strawberry blonde hair in her fingers, letting the strands fall slowly from her grasp.

The thought occurred to her, that Bunny was being unusually informative about something that many knew nothing about. She didn't question it. There wasn't much of a point. "Take care of?" Her eyes moved to the doorway. Arthur seemed slow sometimes, as if moving through a fog, but she hadn't seen him need coddling. Perhaps her vison was rose colored.

Marten. The name seemed familiar and her lips formed a small oh, "The one responsible for us being in this room together?"

Cornflower blue eyes rose to meet Bunny's and she frowned. "I hadn't thought about it much..." Though she recalled the vampire from earlier, who Duke had intervened on her behalf of.

Her frown deepened at the comment. "I don't want to cause problems," though Bree could see what she really was now. She helped bring Arthur back to himself and they were all waiting for him to kill her. It seemed it was less an if and much more of a when.

It didn't make her feel better, not in the slightest, but what else could she say or do? "Thank you." The words even seemed heartfelt. "For the food and allowing things to play out."

Only a matter of time... Bree could only hope when that time came, it would be quick.

"You would need to ask Duke." It had been a long time since Bunny had eaten. She watched the human girl quietly, declining to answer anymore questions. When it was all said and done the vampire got up from the creaking bed, reaching out to bop Bree on her nose.

"You need to have a little more self respect." Bunny cooed pleasantly like she talking to a naughty puppy. "Thanking your wardens, liking your destined murderer." She started to head for the door, turning a little when a thought occurred. "It would be interesting if Arthur ended up turning you, though I would rather not have another child dumped at my feet."

Puffing she opened the door, revealing Arthurs pensive face.

"Все пальцы и большие пальцы рук." Bunny sniped. She let the old vampire in to the room, snagging his shirt as she passed. "будь хорошим." The two were left alone. Arthur shut the door softly a frown ceasing his features.

Her nose bopped, Bree blinked and smiled slightly. "Being rude to a bunch of vampires doesn't quite seem like a good idea either." She couldn't help but like Bunny a little even as she talked down to Bree. "Besides, even if you had your own reasons for doing so, you went out of your way to bring me food."

Liking your destined murderer... Bree tried to not to think about it, though Bunny's last remark made her frown. Being a vampire was likely better than being dead...

Watching Bunny open the door, revealing Arthur. Trying to smile at him despite the slightly scary and frankly odd conversation. She was okay. For now.

Bunny spoke to him in Russian and Bree turned her eyes to the food at her knee. She missed Bunny snagging his shirt and when the door closed she looked up to find Arthur frowning slightly.

"Are you okay?" She couldn't help but ask, more than prepared for him to snap at her. It was his bread and butter after all, if he wasn't being sweet. Lifting the cloche she picked up the fork and began to eat, starving.

"Fine." Arthur replied curtly. Bree had been right to assume the vampires mood had only further declined. The old vampire was growing quickly exhausted by being involved in the hives politics. He was a little too old to care about placating what was essentially a bunch of children- with the exception of Bunny.

An ironic mood considering sometimes he was the child needing to be cared for. Arthur was well aware Bunny mostly kept him around like one might keep an endangered animal in captivity.

Sometimes he thought it would be easier to die already.

Arthur sunk into the ratty armchair, a pale hand pressing to his temple. He wished for the fog but it would not come.

"I suppose we need to discuss moving forward." He murmured finally consenting to the conversation the vampire had been rejecting. Bunny's little visit had been the final push. "You will need to take care of yourself as much as possible."

Brows lifted as she ate her mac n cheese. Yeah, fine. Believable, totally believable. Bree was starting to learn though and she didn't push the issue further. Looking at Arthur she frowned as she ate.

"I'd be happy to, but I need to know my limits." Shifting on his bed she put the cloche back on for the moment, trapping the remaining heat inside.

"I am not a child, you know." She was much younger than him, she did understand that. "I am not a pet either." Turning fully she sat with her back to the wall, watching him.

"But, I will need food, water. Access to the bathroom without a female vampire trying to kill me." As each item was listed she lifted a finger. "I will also need a way to pay for these things. I have a job, but if I am not allowed to work.."

Bree was being practical, someone had to be.

"I would not recommend wondering around the motel alone at night, early morning or evening." Arthur advised, speaking a little more slowly. He was considering all the potential dangers, brow creased in more thought than most would need to take. "Bunny is the only one able to be up and about around that time."

Arthur was too old and the others two young. There was certainly a golden age when it came to living as a vampire. The others spent much of their day asleep and the old vampire, had the double problem of being over sensitive to the sun.

"What is your-" Arthur paused, glancing towards the door. "-job." He finished, a little tension coming back into his lanky limbs.

Nodding some Bree shifted on the bed, head resting back against the wall now. A frown creased her brow. “Is it because of bunny, or others?” Bunny while being a bit odd was not the one she was scared of.

Her eyes closed as she thought of what Bunny had said. Liking her destined murderer. The reality, his likely was that?

“Hmm?” Opening her eyes she looked at Arthur. “I work as a waitress, down the ways a bit. You know the diner? Cherry’s.”

Hands toyed with her robe and her eyes fell to her bag. She could at least get dressed. Pulling it closer she began to rummage through it.

“It’s not a great place to work, but it paid my bills.”

"The others." Arthur murmured before ceasing his brows.

"Though Bunny would always change her mind." The blonde was hardly a pillar, swiftly changing moods. If something entertaining was happened she was likely to play along until it, Bree, become boring. Annoying.

The old vampire rubbed his brow.

Focus.

"A diner?" He tried to remember when this mess started. Had it been days? Weeks. Arthur had a poor sense of time on the best of days. "Would you still have a job?" Surely the young lady would been fired for simply not showing up without notice.

Did he care?

Bree took his words to heart. No one was safe, not even Arthur. Bunny had made sure she knew that even Arthur wasn't safe.

A nod was offered and her head cocked to the side, confusion clear. "I called out yesterday. I suppose they might have fired me, but I don't think so?" She shrugged some. "I am sure I could find another place to work."

She needed to do laundry, all that was left was a sundress and a singular pair of panties. "Fuck.." The words soft. "I will also need to go to a laundromat, to clean clothes"

The panties were pale grey and had lace trimmings. Pulling them on she removed her towel, her back to him before reaching for the dress. It was simple as well, but cute with its buttons down the front and the slight pinstripes in the white fabric. It would have been see through if not for the slip. Running her hands through her strawberry blonde hair as she turned back to him.

Taking a step closer she bit her lower lip, watching him. "Hey Arthur?" Only when he looked at her did she continue, "If what Bunny says is true, will you do me a favor? If you do end up killing me, could you make it quick? And.. Don't feel bad about it, okay?"

She didn't think he'd mean to kill her.. but she could see that sort of weighing on him. What did she know though? She didn't know him at all.

"A laundromat." Arthur repeated dully.

How did the hive go about washing their clothes, considering it further the old vampire realized he had not inkling of ever doing so. He glanced down at his clothes. One of the others must have bothered to wash his things on occasion. Sometimes he did not even remember changing them.

The last day or so had truly been a bright spot in the vampires fading mental health. Arthur returned focus on the sound the girls voice. His dark eyes intently running over the little white sundress.

"Don't feel bad about it-" The vampire snorted, straightening up from his growing slump. "What an annoying thing to say from someone who never had to deal with the aftermath of losing control."

Arthur got up the chair, heading for the bedroom door.

He needed some time to think. Alone.

"I will be back." He murmured shutting the door behind with a firm thud.

What would he have preferred she say? Feel very very bad about it if you kill me?

A sigh left Bree and she watched him rise and leave.

"Okay, I guess I will just sit here..." The words were soft.

Bree was unsure what he wanted from her, she had done her best, but nothing she said seemed to help. Perhaps she should take a vow of silence..

Little did she know that elsewhere, someone was planning on taking the matter into their own hands.

Stacy didn't have an issue with the human girl herself, just the threat she posed. Much like the threat Arthur himself posed.

She'd waited until she had heard Arthur leave, knocking on Martin's door. She didn't wait for an answer, opening the door and coming inside. It closed behind her. Stacy would look out for her hive and in her opinion, the human was a risk they didn't need. So were Martin and Arthur. Pitting them against each other while also with any luck getting the human out of the way... it was a win.

"Hello Martin," Stacy purred, a smile on her lips.

Martin was the newest addition to the hive.

What had previously been a man in their 20's with a love of leather jackets and sniper shades was now a vampire. His hair was platinum blonde, striking against what was now pale olive skin and dark beady eyes. Bunny had been the one to bring him to motel.

Origins unknown.

The bedroom was still sparsely decorated but more lived in and more upkept than Arthurs space. The killer was spread out on his dark bedsheets. Martin was not surprised about his sudden company.

Vampire hearing and all that.

"Hey bitch." Martin snorted, swinging up into a seated position. The tint of his shades hiding the vampires expression. "Finally re-considered my offer huh? Fucking the stick out of your ass." A dry laugh followed the crude statement.

"Charming... As always. However, I am afraid your pencil dick wouldn't be good for much though." Her smile was venomous as she looked around his room. It fit the vampire before her, that was true enough. Much like him, she found she hated his room.

Martin was a tool, in the truest sense of the word.

A tool, that she could use to her advantage. "So I hear that you were a naughty boy." Flicking a piece of lint off her cardigan, her lip curled.

"Not only were you naughty, but you let a human get the drop on you. Sloppy" The word was drawn out, almost playfully.

"Now she is shacked up with our resident Alzheimer vampire.. Thanks to you."

Arms crossed. "Rather than kill her, Bunny is going to see it play out. I can only imagine how it feels to rank below a human and Arthur." She smirked at him. "You were already the bottom bitch and you managed to sink further..."

An appraising look came over her face. "Too bad I don't think you're smart enough to figure out the simple solution. Perhaps because it's elegant in its simplicity? A bit out of your range, huh?"

Martin groaned, head tossing back slightly, a sharp grin stretching across his pale features.

"Fuck you're hot." He finally said.

The vampire got up from the bed, hands tucking into his pants pockets. Martin closed the distance between them in a leisurely pace though never completely. His expression could be described as wolfish, though irritation flickered in the mans dark eyes.

"Like a bitchy school teacher or librarian, a moment away from smacking me on the ass with a ruler." Martin dropped the grin. Face turning away, eyes rolling behind his shades.

"Sloppy huh?" He mused. "I guess I should clean up my mess."

Martin leaned forward closer. The shades covering sliding a bit down his sharp nose. He was bored. A vampires life was a boring one and the man was used to a little more daring. A little more excitement.

"Do I get a reward if I succeed?" He asked with a soft groan. The wolfish grin was back. It would be hard to tell if Martin was being serious or fucking with her.

Smirking at him, Stacy shifted, leaning back against his door. "I had no idea your predilections ran towards disciplinary Martin."

She doubted they did, even now, everything with Martin was snark, dripping in sarcasm.

"Is that why you misbehave. Hoping Bunny will take you over her knee and spank you?" Bunny was more likely to kill him, but Martin liked making raunchy jokes.

Stacy shrugged and looked at him. "Who knows, I doubt you could even clean up the mess. Why promise anything when your track record precedes you."

Leaning forward herself, as if she would kiss him. her lips brushed his own. "Maybe you will. But only good little vampires get rewards" She was more than game to fuck with him.

"A pretty bitch like you is welcome to fuck me in the ass if it gets you going." Martin murmured at the prim and proper vampire, the faintest press of her lips making him giddy. The energy between them was an unhealthy mix of distain and amusement. It was more than a little intoxicating to self destructive bastard.

It was obvious she was trying to get him into trouble. Martin was willing to play along if only for the delight in finding some entertainment.

Would the old man actually get mad?

Martin pressed forward, seeking a little more contact before pulling away abruptly weather or not he managed to get it.

"I'd pay to see the day where your hands get dirty, but I'll play along. Show that little crackhead a good time if you want to fetch her for me. Everyone is bound to notice if I go anywhere near that old mans room."

Fangs flashed as she smiled at him. "Is that so? Want to put it to the test later?" She doubted he would be truly interested in her pegging him, bit Stacy was indeed more dominant than not. Though her preference tended to be women, she'd had her own share of "pets" that she kept for her own amusement, some of them men.

It was clear she was setting him up, even with Martin being quite so stupid as to let a human catch him, but she offered the very thing he craved.

Distraction from the boredom that was undead life.

"I am here, aren't I?" Came the waspish response to getting her own hands dirty. A sigh left her, "Fine, I will get her out of the room and then you take her and have some fun with her. Just be sure to kill her when you're done.."

Slapping his cheek gently she left him, heading down the hallway.

Knocking, she waited for the stupid little human to answer the door. After a moment she heard. "Who is it?"

Seemed the pet had learned. "It's Stacy. I wanted to apologize for earlier."

The door opened and she found Bree standing barefoot, in her sundress.

Stacy acted quickly, Bree never saw her move, her head suddenly cracking against the wall. Stacy caught her before she felt and carried her back to Martin's room with ease. It was on his bed she dumped the girl.

"Have fun,"
she offered before leaving.

Arthur was lingering in the back rooms of the motel. It was late in the day but the sun still held him captive in the old building. This was not a fact for most of the hive, the oldest of their number being rather sensitive.

He needed a moment. The girl was clouding his thoughts, muddling what should have been a simple choice.

There was no alternative.

He was not interested in playing house...

Martin was circling his bedroom, like a rapid dog anxious to play. It was a quick wait. Stacey returning with the limp form of his little eye-witness, wearing a little sundress. The vampire snorted coming over to linger at the bedside.

A hand waved away his scheming companion. He had something new to entertain him, the bitch would always be there.

She was out like a light.

Martin plopped down on the bed, reaching out, a finger tracing a fragile collarbone. It slipped over her jugular. There was a tension in his body, an action ready to smother any screaming.

It was no good if someone got alerted-

"Rise and shine." He cawed.

Stacy had left, not wanting to linger. Martin had what he wanted and with a little luck he wouldn't manage to fuck this up and she'd get what she wanted. Her hive safe.

"Rise and shine."

The words pierced the darkness and the first sound that left Breeanna's lips was a groan. Her head hurt.

Dark lashes flickered, once, twice, and slowly opened. "Whaaaa~"

The sneering face of Martin came into focus and her eyes widened. It came back to her, Stacy wanting to say sorry and then... Okay so it wasn't much, but it was more than nothing.

Bree knew this was likely not good and so she did the human and predictable thing....

She tried to scream, to alert Arthur.. anyone really to what was happening.

"Heellll~"

She'd seen him kill and there was no way she was going to go quietly. No, Bree might have accepted Arthur accidently killing her, but this wouldn't be an accident.

Martin was quick.

His cool hand smothering any cries for help, fingers further pinching the girls nose closed. Inhuman strength maintaining the dangerous grip, any struggling meaning very little.

"Shut it." The unstable vampire hissed. A slow smile slipped across his face, well aware he was cutting off her breathing. It stayed there until the girls was nice and pink. Martin scoffed before somewhat relenting his grip, hand remained over her mouth. "Unless you want me to break your pretty neck before Arthur comes around."

Martin seemed to examine her for a drawn out moment.

"Pretty little thing, The old's mans type huh?" The vampire chuckled reaching forward with his free hand and drawing a strap down over her shoulder. "Tell me chicky, you got a thing for vampires or old man?"

A hand covered her mouth and two fingers pinched her nose closed. It effectively silenced her and it wasn't long till she was struggling for a new reason.

Her lungs began to burn and her face slowly turned pink and only when she was truly fighting to breathe did he release her.

Gasping for air, Bree coughed slightly, eyes watering as she looked up at Martin. Nodding slowly to his threat she laid back against his bed, still greedily gulping down air.

"Does that mean you're not going to kill me?" Her voice was intentionally soft, whisper like. She didn't want him to cut off her air again.

She flinched slightly as he drew the strap down along her shoulder. Martin was the whole reason she was here after all. "You make it sound like I have a choice to be here.." She cared for Arthur, though, Breeanna was questioning why. He never seemed to really like her being there unless he was speaking Russian. The more modern side of him seemed annoyed at her more than anything.

She'd not minded when Arthur bit her.. she hadn't minded.. before either. Blush touched her cheeks.

"He doesn't look old, none of you do." The words even, though she refused to meet his eyes for the moment. "Arthur.. is handsome."

"You have a choice." Martin replied with a somber tone, a grin fighting its way back onto his features before long. "We all have a choice chicky. You could try to run, you'll get your throat torn out for the trouble but HEY! that's free will for you. You could at least resist having the hots for a vamp-"

Martin climbed further onto the bed, legs crossing. His chin resting in a crooked arm, elbow rested on his knee.

"Arthur looks like a paper bag." He snorted thinking of the older vampire. "A 40-year old paper bag." Martin reached forward pinching her nose between two knuckles, giving it a rough waggle. "You're a sweet young thing-"

A tongue click.

"-a damaged one."

Druggies all had a look about them, even the recovering ones. Martin would be one to know. The vampire had traded one drug for another in a sense.

"Fuck the bitch really wants you gone." Martin straightening, squirming. "Wants me gone too HA! Thinks I'm that stupid, two birds one stone."

Back
Top Bottom