Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Old Motel ( demy x DigitalSiren )

Arthur was not the only one with a headache forming. Not wanting to draw any further attention to herself, she merely listened to them interact. A frown had pulled at her mouth and furrowed between her brows. She wasn’t due at work for a few hours, the lie had only been in part. It would have been where she had gone, had she been able to escape into the freedom offered just beyond the door.

She might have tried too if it wasn’t for the next words that left the mouth of Bunny. Closing her eyes, Breeanna fought back a groan. They all fucking knew? Her eyes slowly opened and she looked at Arthur. She’d known, that he’d been sent to kill her, but somehow in the morning, it felt worse. The next shock to her system was his voice. There was no trace of that accent or the almost cooing softness that he’d spoke to her with last night.

Her eyes met his as he looked at her. Bree felt like there was more she was missing, it was more than just the murder. An almost hysterical giggle threatened to burst from her and she barely was able to keep it in while her mind spun. More than just a murder.

Walking around this early? And idea came to mind, but she quickly dismissed it. Arthur was likely just on some kind of drug, he wasn’t a vampire. Up this early was because he was normally still in that sort of haze they all lived in when high. Vampires were not real. Speed made someone stronger, right?

As she tried to rationalize Arthur’s strength and speed away to something more mundane than a vampire. It wasn’t like she could follow the conversation anyway. They were speaking ins Russian… again….

The sound of the phone hitting the desk made Bree jump and she shook her head some. “Please, I really will not tell anyone.” She didn’t want to make that call, didn’t want to die. That’s what seemed to be waiting for her.

Her eyes moved back to Arthur, but finally, she sighed and moved towards the outstretched phone. Dialing the number she waited, eyes shifting between the two of them. “Hey, Erik… Yeah, I know, later… I don’t think I am well enough to come in.” her cheeks flushed and she turned away from the pair as Erik accused her of being high. Blush in her cheeks she hissed at him. “No, I am not... I really don’t feel well, but if you’d like me to come in and puke all over the diner… I will see you at six” She made a dismissive sound, her voice lowering “Yeah, yeah. You know I have been clean for a month…” Sighing she nodded some. “Thanks, I will see you tomorrow Erik”

Turning back around, Bree pushed the phone back at Bunny and crossed her arms under her breasts. “What now?”

The two vampires watched the call with varying degrees of interest. Arthur with a distant expression that was only there to hide the disquiet he felt. Bunny was still glowering. There was a thick tension in the space between them, tangible enough to cut with a knife. The elder of the two understanding the precarious position he was putting them in while their patron considered revoking her agreement.

It was just so rare to see Arthur so aware. Talkative. Bunny could not stop herself from being curious about further developments. Everything was so just so boring lately.

"Good question," Bunny snorted moving the phone back under the counter. Her blue eyes flicking up to look at the two. "Get out of my face before I change my mind."

A clear warning. Arthur stepped forward, a moment hesitation before he rested a guiding hand along her spine. It was with efficient intent the vampire whisked his new guest out of the lobby and back down the motel hallway.

What now?

He could return them to the girls rooms- Something rebelled against the idea. It was early. The sun growing ever higher and his instincts wished to return to his usual place of rest. There was a door tucked away from the main rooms, Arthur opened it with a firm yank revealing a set of dimly lit stairs. They led into the dark.

Blinking Bree frowned and turned to look at Arthur. His hand was gentle, if not insistent at leading her from the lobby. She allowed him to guide her simply because she had little in the way as options. Her mind was a jumble of confused thoughts, ideas warring one another.

Looking up as Arthur yanked a door open, a set of stairs vanishing into darkness. She shook her head and side stepped. “There is no way I am going into the murder basement Arthur” And that is what it looked like.

She shook her head and moved a step further back, still shaking her head. “I don’t know why” she stopped and sighed. “Okay I get why, but if you didn’t want to kill me last night…” She paused and frowned again, her look clearly unhappy.

“I'm not going down there” She pointed at the open doorway that led to almost certain death. “And you can’t make me” A lie, but he would have to force her down those stairs, Breeanna refused to go willingly.

The older vampire seemed startled by her choice of words. His dark gaze following her step back before returning to look down into the basement. It was not unjust to assume something unsavory. Arthur did not know what could make the situation any better. Did he even want to make things easier on the girl. She was a stranger. An oddity that played into the dusty corners of his misshaped mind.

"Don't make things difficult." Arthur finally stressed to her. His voice a dry humorless void, infliction noting some far off irritation. It might give some recollections of a teacher who had long ago given up on taming their unruly students. A disquieting defeat. In this case the vampire was forced to act by outside forces...

The blonde down the hall.

Letting out a reedy sigh Arthur reached forward with inhuman speed and simply upended the girl along the brace of his shoulder. He whisked down the stairs without delay, moving down the gray hallway at the bottom. The doors lining both sides lacked any decoration but were numbered. He closed in the on furthest down, ignoring the sound of a opening door behind him. The older vampire tucked them both inside before shutting the door firmly behind them.

The was simple.

A bed that settled low to ground, meant for one. An old armchair and lamp. There were a few books stacked on the concrete beside them. The most notable details were the gorging marks along the walls. Deep. Like a wild animal had been previously locked in the space...

"There, there." Arthur murmured setting Bree, a notable rise of tension in the older man. He did not often have others in his space.

This wasn’t the man who had cradled her in an almost gentle fashion last night. Oh, he had the same body, face.. But nothing else seemed to be the Arthur she’d defended in the lobby. “Don’t be difficult?” Cornflower blue eyes narrowed. “That’s funny… Really funny Arthur. I am not going down there” Bree repeated the sentiment firmly.

He moved again with that same speed and Breeanna found herself slung over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes and suddenly moving “Put me down Arthur!” Her voice took on a slightly shrill note to it as she struggled.

Really that's all she had time to say, Arthur’s movements swift. It didn’t stop Bree from trying to get him to put her down. “No! I don’t want to be down here! Let me go!!! Damnit Arthur”

Set down she looked around the room and crossed her arms under her breasts. There was very little to the room and a frown tugged at her lips as her eyes grazed the marks along the walls. “You’re not like you were last night… And… I starting to question my own sanity… What is going on Arthur?”

Arthur felt better in the confines of his room. It was a barren space but one where he found his often sought out solitude. There was a peace within these four walls-

The girl was insistent on yammering. Her voice pitched as continued to use his name. Her behavior suggesting they might be something more than strangers. Arthur did not remember the night before well. It had been a poor day. Some part of the old vampire had fawned over the pretty blonde.

Did history night find a way to repeat itself.

"A good question," Arthur sniped back. His posture shot with tension as the lanky man folded his body into the old armchair. He did not wish to explain himself. It bought up feelings of discontent. A burn in his gut.

"Not that need explain myself." He muttered, fingers tapping the armchair. His gaze grew distracted, the vampire fidgeting under scattered thoughts. "Why are you here staying here of all places?" Arthur suddenly asked whirling dark eyes back to his guests face. "Who are you?"

It felt odd that he seemed so different. Bree fell silent for a moment and she sighed softly and looked away from him as he sat down. Hugging herself she backed herself into the corner near the door. “No, I suppose you don’t. You were only sent to kill me and now are holding me captive”

His question gave her pause and she looked down at her feet, her converse were dirty and worn. “It’s cheap. Not a lot of places to go when I work a shit diner and get paid minimum wage.” Her fingers toyed with the edge of her hoodie. “I am trying to get clean and I have been clean for a month…”

The next question made her frown and she shook her head, the edges of her strawberry blonde hair swaying side to side, swirling slightly even as the movement stopped. “You don’t remember any of last night, do you?”

She watched him with curious eyes. “My name is Breeanna” biting her lower lip she held his dark eyes. Nothing of the man last night really looked back at her. “What does Pea-t-z-ah mean?”

It was a frustrating circumstance. Arthur felt his energies fading the longer he remained up. There had been only a rush of adrenaline sustaining the vampire. A alarmingly strong protective instinct that seemed to pulse whenever his dark eyes lingered at the fair mortal. Katarina. The cursed name surfaced to forefront of his thoughts.

It was unwelcome.

Arthur felt numb as he listened to the girls answers. She was unhappy with him, the situation. There was nothing to be done about that. The mortal should prefer it to a promise of death, as it was there were few solutions.

He did not wish to keep her like a caged-

"Bird." Arthur answered with a thick voice. The vampire curled up, rubbing his face with the cool palms of his hands. "Bits and pieces, Остатки." He admitted composure fading. He draw himself up out of the sagging chair, picking his way carefully to the girl. Breeanna. She was such a delicate creature. A addict like much of the lost souls in residence. Arthur did not judge her for that, vices were not an easy thing to give up. He should know.

"We have things to discuss," He told her a little more gently. It was strained. "but I am weary." His dark eyes flicked to the bed. "Leaving would be foolish, you would not make it down the hall." Arthur reached out than seeming to thick better of it withdrew his hand.

"You need to stay with me-" What was her name. The girl had just told him. "-маленькая птица." Arthur settled on with an accented inclination.

Bird. Bree nodded once, her bright eyes on him. She was unaware of his thoughts, that she could be dead rather than help captive. It was true, the thought even crossed her own mind, however, she could simply just be a prisoner for now and die later just as easily.

Her teeth worried the corner of her mouth, a nervous gesture as she watched Arthur come closer, back into the corner as she was there was no escape from him. His tone had softened and Bree relaxed some.

“What am I meant to do Arthur, while you sleep?” Why wouldn’t she make it down the hallway. Bree had no idea she’d found a nest of vampires or the danger beyond the fact that she’d witnessed a murder. Sighing she moved past him as his arm dropped, toeing off her shoes she curled herself into his armchair.

“I will stay here, today… But when you wake, we will talk” She had slept, but she sounded exhausted. The tone was more from the situation that she’d found herself in. “May.. may I read your books?” Otherwise she might have no other choice than to try and sleep. Even if he said yes, she’d have to hope they were in English, not Russian.

о Боже, the girls emotions were a shifting tide. The delicate scent around her shifting to his actions. It made the older vampire nervous. A reflection of the mortals own mood. In a more ideal world Arthur would go about sorting this mess. Taking a course of action and baring the outcome. There was time a where such things had came easily.

"I suppose." He granted her permission, voice filled with weary concern. Should Breeanna pick up the top volume she would find it dusty. The vampire did not have the mind to read most days. "Don't bend the pages."

It was a simple collection. Mostly Russian though, his edition of the Divine Comedy was in Italian. There was one book in English.

An absurd adult romance.

Its inclusion in his little collection was a joke. Arthur had never ventured into its pages despite an old friends insistence. He merely kept it to remember. The cover depicted a ridiculous rendition of a vampire. One could only imagine the horrors within.

"We will talk, Даю слово." Arthur murmured before settling himself into the bed. His dark gaze zeroing in on the girl, features taking on a frown. It had been a age since the man had spoken so much in his mother tongue. The vampire settled onto the sheets, moments later dead to the world.

“Thank you, I won't, promise.” The words were soft and she peaked over the one side of the chair, her slender form dangling slightly over the plush arm, as she shifted through the books, finding only a single book in English. Still draped over the arm of the armchair, a brow lifting. There was perhaps a slight judgement that he owned such a book, but not much… Even if it had been worn and it wasn’t. The book smelled older, but it clearly had never been read.

Settling back into the armchair, she squirmed sightly, till her back was nestled into the crook of the arm and the back, her slender legs dangling over the other edge of the other arm. She looked up and nodded. “Sleep sweet” Her voice was soft as she turned her attention to the book.

Her own emotions felt turbulent and out of sorts. She shouldn’t be just curled up reading a book, she should be trying to escape. Arthur had told her to stay though, he’d warned her about leaving. For some absurd reason, she trusted him. Or rather the man she’d known last night. The one that had greeted her this morning was different.

Hours crawled by, but for the most part, Bree was silent as she read. About halfway through the book, it was at least amusing if not well written. It was about then the urge to pee hit her and she bit her lower lip, looking over to Arthur’s prone body.

She was able to hold out almost a full hour before she rose, putting the book in the seat of the armchair, the page she was on remembered for when she got back. He’d asked her to not mark her place with a dog ear, so she didn’t. “Arthur?” Her voice was soft, but he didn’t stir.

Squirming again she rose. Surely she was allowed to pee? Slipping from his room quietly she waited for her eyes to adjust. People who worked here stayed down here, surely there was a bathroom.

Padding as quietly as she could she passed by the numbered rooms, in the darkness she needed to pause by them. When she heard a door open behind her she turned, ready to ask them where the bathroom was!

Stacy had heard the sweet beat of the human’s heart. Taking in the small almost fragile looking girl she snorted. This was the human causing a stir? She was tiny… a bit grimy too. Her nose wrinkled with distaste as she glared down her nose at the human. It would be so easy to kill her, protect her hive. So what if Arthur was talking again… She had advocated more than once that the elder vampire be removed from the hive. He was a liability. Case and point. Stacy watched as the human came closer.

“Sorry, where is the bathroom?” Bree kept her voice soft and frowned at the look of malice on Stacy’s face and her voice was like ice. “I will show you” Stacy could kill her, but to be safe, further away from Arthur… They could deal with him when he woke.

There was no passage of time for the man on the bed. The morning passed into the afternoon. He remained stubbornly dead to the world. A possible repercussions of recent events or rather the lack of threat. His guests sweet voice proved ineffective.

It was unfortunate.

Breeanna was left with the option of seeking the bathroom on her own. Stacey was not the only one to notice. The paunchy male from the night before had been keeping an ear out. Bunny had told him to. It was a little irritating. Duke would have much rather been sleeping though he could fair a morning.

Older vampires slept like the dead. Duke had a theory that if one ever managed to live long enough, there might come a time where they never wake.

He stepped from the room with a startling quiet. A talent for silence that one would not expect from the heavier set man. Duke did not intervention right away, intent on teaching the human girl a lesson. Stacy had her all the way to the stairs, turning a hand outstretched. The vampire both moving faster than a eye could track-

Duke gripped the back of Breeanna's clothing. A firm jerk back saving the girl a quick death. It might have been a mercy.

"Thought you would know better Stacey," The man grunted. His grip remained on the human girl, promptly depositing her at his side. "Bunny said hands off this one for time being."

Fucking Marvin and now this girl. Stacy had come home after a successful night of selling and dropping hints about the motel being a great place to get any kind of drug, super cheap and the cops never came out here. She did what she could to keep her family fed… Safe even and then Marvin. Greedy little asshole. Leading Bree deeper into the darkness, she was going to take care of this problem at least.

She knew Bunny had said no touching the stupid human girl, but she could ask for forgiveness for protecting the hive.. Her mind was made up. As she turned, graceful and faster than the human eye, hand shooting out, she found herself facing Duke and her prey being pulled away from her.

Stacy snarled at him. “She is going to endanger us!” One immaculately painted nail pointed at Bree. “I am just as thrilled Arthur seems to be more lively, but it's not going to last.” She didn’t sound thrilled, but it was no secret Stacy thought Arthur was a danger to them as well.

Breeanna had been just behind the female, now known as Stacy. Things had happened in between that time and now. She was suddenly beside Duke, having been pulled backward from Stacy. Stacy had turned and her hand was outstretched.

“What in the actual fuck!” Bree was slowly starting to think there was something up and it wasn’t drugs. She wasn’t slow, but these people are vampires was a very large jump from logical thinking. Looking to Duke she frowned. “So this means you’re not going to kill me? Because, I got that vibe last night” her voice deadpan.

Squirming. “Look, I just want to pee and then I will go back into Arthur's room. I wouldn’t even be out here but I haven’t used the bathroom all day.” She was also starving and thirsty, but a day without food or water wouldn’t kill her.

Sighing Stacy pointed at the door to the right. “Bathroom is there.” Looking to Duke she shook her head. “I am going to be right about this… One way or another.” She’d also warned Bunny that Arthur was just as likely to kill her, but not as kindly. “And that’s on you and Bunny.”

Stacy stomped off, shitting her door with a angry click. Only Stacy could manage to ‘slam’ her door without making noise. Bree looked to Duke for one more minute before escaping to the bathroom. She did her business, washed her hands and slipped back out, heading for Arthur’s room.

She’d agreed to stay, but now more than ever she wanted to run. The fuck was going on here????

The paunchy vampire cocked a brow. Stacy was not prone to outbursts unless it concerned the well being of their hive. She was loyal. A important cog in the wheel who had her own part to play far as their little queen bee was concerned. She had a point but Stacy did not make the big decisions. Those were up to Bunny.

"If you're that upset make a appeal, or hell try to give her the boot if you're that worried." Duke retorted with a snort. "Just know better than to go behind her back."

That was that. The small escalation dealt with.

"Not for the time being," Duke replied to the mortals question. A wry smile crossing his features.

The two of them were left alone. Stacy washing her hands of the matter. Duke was pretty sure she was better off doing so. Bunny had her reasons for things and little blonde had never stray them wrong in nearly 4 decades.

Duke waited for their guest to be done, catching her by the elbow before she could make an escape. Arthur was still knocked out for the time being. Good time for a chat.

"Hold it now little lady," The paunchy males murmured, his voice sinking into low vibrations. "Let's have a chat while you're guard dog is still sleeping huh." It was with iron strength he steered Breeanna into his own room. It a different matter all together, the only thing similar being the low bed.

A plush red carpet, with string instruments hanging from the walls. A speaker set off the the side. The door closed quietly behind that.

"How much has that old foggy granted to tell you about your circumstances?" It might have been a odd remark. Duke and Arthur looked close to the same age, certainly within the same decade.

Hand on her arm, Breeanna looked up to Duke as he spoke. A very clear frown settled onto her features as he tugged her towards his room. His room was nothing like Arthur’s. While not in her tastes, it was still nice.

“Old… Foggy” Blinking her owlish eyes at him. “Nothing… he said we would talk in the morning” Bree may not have liked that, or being trapped in his room, but she didn’t have any desire to share the differences she’d noticed. Her loyalty was to Arthur, odd as that was.

“He did tell me to not leave… But needed to pee.” Her stomach gave a little rumble and she blushed softly looking away. “He will talk to me I am sure when he wakes” Though which version of Arthur would wake? Bree wasn't exactly comfortable being trapped in the room with Duke, he had wanted to kill her. He said not for the time being and it seemed Arthur and Bunny were the ones keeping her safe... For the moment.

“But I said this last night and I will say it again. I am not planning to tell anyone” Her eyes lifted to his. “I came here because it was cheap and I wanted to get clean. If I had a death wish, I wouldn’t have bothered trying”

"The morning," Duke snorted a little at that. "Arthur doesn't wake until later in the evening most days. This morning was unusual." The old ex-bartender had to wonder if her absence would be noticed at all. These were unusual circumstances.

Her stomach rumbling drew his attention. She would need to eat. Duke had to wonder if the old vampire might even remember that little detail.

"Words are just words." The paunchy told her, dismissing her words. Her intensions meant very little when it came to livelihood of the hive. If she was trouble Bunny would get rid of her despite Arthur's strange attachment. There was the chance Breeanna was being honest, but distance and time could play on a guilty mind.

Turning around Duke opened up his nightstand. Pulling out a water bottle he offered it to the mortal. Food would need to wait.

"There is no guarantee Arthur will be in a taking mood when he gets up. You've already experienced his little episodes. I also bet you have a burning question after your little hallway encounter...or are you busy convincing yourself otherwise?"

He was right, wasn't he? It was maybe afternoon... mid afternoon? Maybe? Bree's head fell to the side and a hand rose to hook the hair that rushed toward her face behind an ear. "What do you mean?" Why was Arthur being up in the morning odd? Somewhere deep within a little voice spoke up. You know why. Vampire.

Shaking her head, she frowned softly at Duke. He wasn't wrong. "True, and you don't know me. For what it's worth, I am being honest... But I get you can't just trust me" Her voice was soft; Bree was used to this sort of behavior. Like when she'd told people she was going to get clean. It hadn't been the first time, but this time she'd meant it.

Taking the offered water Bree smiled some, the edges of one side of her lips curling into a half smile. "Thank you." Taking a sip, Bree decided she could maybe trust him. He could have poisoned the water, but Duke had just said Bunny was keeping her safe... for now.

Her smile faded and she bit her lower lip. Lashes lowering she looked away from Duke, towards that red carpet. "I think I like the alternative" Breeanna wasn't one hundred percent sure, but it felt like that little voice was right and Duke was offering to tell her. Rather than probe it further for the moment. "Why does there seem to be two Arthurs inhabiting one body?"

She had noticed that too, and Duke seemed to be chatty... Or at least of a sort. The question she asked seemed less scary. Though, nothing could hide the fact that her heart rate had picked up.

"Well, I can understand that." Duke folded his arms making no move to burst her bubble. Her follow question had the paunchy male scratching his prickly chin with one large mitt. It was a little to close to the older vampires personal business. It also happened to go against her previous request. There were more human ways to approach it that being said.

"Not two," He mused. "Same person." He was coming off a little vague.

Duke gave a snot, finally crossing his arms.

"You know what Alzheimer's is?" He waved his hand loosely. "There you go." It was not a mystical or supernatural explanation. It was pretty much true, or at least a vampires version of it. "Sometimes he's all there and sometimes you're talking to him with a chunk of time missing. Hard to imagine that grumpy asshole was anything but a grumpy asshole- but a past version of him seems sweet on you."

Duke gave her a look, cocking his brow.

"Maybe you remind him of someone." Turning Duke went to settle in his chair. Breeanna could accept the normal surprisingly normal explanation of early onset Dementia or not. "You should head back before the crazy old foggy notices you're missing." Duke jerked his finger at her. "No detours."

Alzheimer's... Bree knew what it was and offered a small nod. "I didn't think Arthur was actually two people. He isn't Jekyll and Hyde... Isn't it that something that only affects the old? I mean, yeah you and Arthur are older than me and you look around-ish the same age... And neither of you look old enough for it" Her voice was collected, but it could explain it. Something still felt off though.

But.. "Wait, the past version is sweet on me, then why did grumpy..." What had grumpy done? She was alive. Arthur had been sent to kill her... Bunny was behind that and Duke.. But also behind Duke saving her from Stacy... Who did she remind Arthur of. "No worries of that... One not so nice girl is about all I can handle. You know that and everyone i have met, that works here has tried to or wanted to kill me."

Turning she sighed and shrugged, opening his door quietly and closing it with the same ease. Moments later, Arthur's door open and closed.

Leaning against the door, she stared at his prone form. Taking another sip of the water that Duke gave her, she set it down on the floor near the chair. She was thirsty and she had a headache brewing. The water would fix both, but it would also make her need to pee again.

Leaving the book in the chair, she laid down on the floor and curled up, eyes closing. Sleep was the only other logical answer to avoid all three. As she fell asleep, she wondered which Arthur she'd meet or if there would be any answers.

It was a couple more hours before the vampire roused. It was a slow process. The nerves sparking up in progression, his body twitching in reflex. Dark eyes opened with a sudden snap. They looked out into the dim room with a sharp stare. Arthur rose up, pausing to peer out onto the floor. A body was curled around itself. The gears in the old creatures mind feeling like a fork in a garbage disposal.

Arthur slipped off the bed. His lanking body crawling over to take a close look at his little guest. A pale hand rising up to touch- skittering away at the last moment.

The vampire frowned, the expression cutting deep shadows in his angular face. A silent sigh slipped past twisting lips. Reaching forward he gripped at the girls shoulder, giving her a little shake. His form folded while it looked over the little sleeping beauty.

"Время разбудить птичку." He rasping voice murmured.

The blacks of his eyes widened, growing large and inhuman. There was a thirst in this old creature. A feeling that the vampire largely ignored in more recent decades. Something that did not help his fraying mind. This hunger twisted its way around his thoughts until all Arthur could think off was leaning forward-

Her heart was a gentle thrumming in his ear.

So sweet.

The floor hadn't been so bad once she'd fallen asleep; the coolness of it was comforting even. She didn't hear as he stirred and it wasn't until his hand touched her shoulder that her lashes flickered once, twice and then slid open. His name whispered, her voice rough with the remnants of sleep. "Arthur?"

Slowly sitting up she looked up at him and frowned softly. His eyes were huge. Bree didn't think about what she did next, her hand cupping his cheek. "Are you okay?" The tone of her voice showed that she was worried. Perhaps she should have considered better the events before she had slept more carefully, she might have known the danger she potentially was in. Rather than comfort him, she might have tried to call for Duke.

Her thumb brushed along his cheek once. "Are you thirsty? Duke gave me some water." turning Bree's hand fell away from his face as she moved to grab the bottle of water, offering it to him.

He reminded her of the Arthur from the night before, not the morning..

The sound of his name sent a ripple through the crouching vampire. He peered at the young woman with dark eyes, the gentle touch of her hand making them flutter. She touched the dangerous creature without much concern. It was a bad habit to gain considering...

Her hair tumbled when she reached out for the water bottle. Arthur watched the mention with rapt attention. The line of her neck catching his heating gaze.

A pale hand reached out to cusp the opposite side of her neck.

The rough pads of his fingers tapping the hollow. It was to an unknowable rhythm to a song long gone. The vampire leaned in pressing his cool lips into girls tender warm skin. There was a fleeting pulse that danced under the gentle kiss. Arthur traced up, placing another kiss behind her ear.

"милая маленькая птичка." He murmured gently.

Nothing stood out to her as dangerous. Breeanna had always felt like she had a good head on her shoulders, but something about Arthur made her blind to it. Perhaps it was the fact that she was trying to deny so hard, what Duke had all but spelled out for her and what her mind knew to be true, but fought against.

When his hand curled around her neck, the touch was not alarming, yet she froze. Blushing as he leaned into her, she felt the cool, dry brush of his lips against her skin. "Arthur" His name trembled in her sweet voice.

Another kiss was placed behind her ear and she gently tried to extract herself from his grasp as he murmured to her in Russian.

Her mind was screaming at her that this was dangerous. Biting her lower lip, she debated calling Duke. "Arthur?" His name was repeated and she turned her head, offering him the bottle of water.

Perhaps, had she not been afraid of what could not possibly be true, she might have found enjoyment in the brush of his lips, gentle as they had been and the raspy sound of his words, clearly an endearment.

The vampires wandering attention gave pause. The girls growing alarm breaking though the fixation on the honey wine in her veins. He leaned back from the calling hollow of her throat. The apple in his neck bobbing, dark eyes closing with vexation. The pale hand holding her captive dropped-

The water in her own hands ignored. Arthur dropped back from his resting crouch, long legs bent and arms resting on boney knees. A look of irritation crossed his features, a hand combing through messy black locks.

Arthur was a prone to a little bed head.

"Breeanna." His voice was tired. "You're name is Breeanna, yes?"

It had came to him suddenly, along with a little more sense. The moments after waking were often the most confusing. The vampire looked up from the floor, at the young creature who had somehow become his responsibility.

It was maddening.

"Я схожу с ума." He murmurs before getting up on the floor. Arthur can feel each popping as his body sorts itself out. "What to do now?" He mused settling in the old worn chair, the tip of his shoe kicking at the romance novel.

There was a shift and she was allowed to crawl away from him, holding the water still. Sitting on the floor, her knees to either side of her body as she watched him with wary eyes.

"Yes, you can call me Bree if you like?" It seemed like there was no need for him to use her full name.

She watched him rise and offered a shrug. "I am not really sure. You said you'd explain things"

Like why you're holding me captive, why I feel like you all are vampires, which ya know... you can't be... Her mind swirled with her questions. Though rather than bombard him, she stayed silent, clearly waiting for Arthur to fulfill his promise.

Back
Top Bottom