Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Echolocation (Blinded & Survivor00)

"Why shouldn't I be kind to you?" He asked back to her. "You've given me no reason to do otherwise. Besides, I'd feel like a real asshole if I didn't at least try and help you when you're hurt..." He said honestly, looking at her as she lay there, looking away from him. He walked back over and sat on the bed again, laying down on his back and looking up at the ceiling.

"Grandfather told me that I should treat everything with respect," He said calmly. "And while it's true that I haven't been faithful to those words all the time..." He paused for a little bit. "You've earned it simply for having to put up with us." Daniel sat up once again, giving her a soft rub between her wings, and stood to his feet. "I'll go get you something to eat." And without letting her stop him, he left the room for the kitchen.

Why shouldn't he be kind to her? Well, that was an easy one. All she had to do was look into the mirror, to find that answer. Not to mention that she could rip him apart with no questions asked, those fangs and claws easily able to tare into much of anything, including human flesh. However, like he had said about her, she had been given no reason to do such to him.

She would listen to his words, but to little response. Christina was attentive, yes, but as soon as those touches upon her aching body disappeared, she seemed to respond even further. Upon the bed, she would turn her head back towards the door, closing her gray hues and resting momentarily as he disappeared. Obviously, he didn't expect much of a protest, and truth-be-told her wing was killing her.

Daniel walked quietly into the kitchen, smelling burnt coffee. He looked over and saw that the machine was still on, and the coffee he was preparing was burnt. He turned the machine off and dumped the too-hot coffee down the drain, a cloud of steam rising and fogging the window. He was awake now though, even without the addition of caffeine to his system. He walked over to the fridge and pulled it open, grabbing some more fruit out and placing it in a bowl for her. He placed a carton of eggs and a jar of jelly on the counter to cook once she was settled, and slipped two pieces of bread into the toaster. He figured she wouldn't be leaving the room until it was dark.

He took out a single aspirin and set it in the bowl as well. She'd need to build up a tolerance to it... Calmly, he sighed and sat down for a moment, stretching his legs. After a few moments, the toast popped up and he walked to the counter, opening the jelly and spreading it on. He lifted the bowl from the table and walked back upstairs to the bedroom, slipping inside and setting the bowl down beside her. She looked rather content laying there, despite her injury.

"There's another pill in there. Two seemed to knock you out, so I only put one in there today." He said calmly, sitting back down on the bed, his plate resting on his leg.

She could hear him rustling about in the kitchen, and could detect the smell of several different items. She also could have sworn she smelled fresh fruit, but she wasn't quite sure. And he was quite right, she more than likely wouldn't be coming out of the room unless the sunlight within the house was brought to a minimum. But she was already making his life harder now, there was no sense to also make him significantly darken his home for her. Beginning to feel bad for all the work he was doing, she began to think to herself about possibly leaving within the night. After all, he wouldn't stay up terribly late. It would give her time to sneak away, and his life would be back to normal.

She could smell the bowl of fruit approaching her as he would walk back in, and her eyes would again open calmly. There was even more of a sense of contentedness about her when he had indeed brought her in the bowl of fruit. But then the also sensed something else, which was apparently his food plus the medication he had put into the bowl. She wasn't quite sure if she wanted to risk falling out of it again, and wondered whether or not it would be safe to begin eating what he had provided for her.

Back
Top Bottom