Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guilty Pleasure Movie?

The Last Dragon; one of my all-time faves.

giphy.gif

I was talking to a friend about this recently. Not even sure its a guilty pleasure, as I will talk about it openly and often.

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet -- Baz Luhrmann's delightfully insane, modern, take on a classic. See it. It's fun!

Underwater

I love the look of this movie and the monsters. But ya it got stuff wrong but I would watch another movie in that world.

Starship Troopers

Really love the movie but have to separate it from the book because they are so different and that hurts the movie a bit for me.

Stardust
Robert de Niro as a queer captain of lightning catchers? Perfection.

The Shawshank Redemption(1994). Especially the last 15 minutes of the movie that makes it a masterpiece.
The Pursuit of Happiness is also one of the best.

Slap Shot, starring Paul Newman as a 67-year-old pro hockey player. Pretty funny, eh? Maybe it's just a Canadian thing.

Troy (2004) and Kingdom of Heaven (2005) both got that adventure and sword vibes for me.

Ain't no shame in my movie game, but other people might be cautious to admit they're an M Night Shyamalan fangirl.

Not me though!

Back from a hiatus...

Oh, definitely. You should check out Kung Fu Hustle, heavy riffs on the "classic" martial arts movies, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Kung Fu Hustle is one of my all-time favourites, as well as Shaolin Soccer.

Just watched The Nun 2

Dumb horror fun, went to cinema with a few friends, had laughs and enjoyed.
Somehow felt like a student again!

Everyone laughs at me for this…

My guilty pleasure movie is 10 Things I Hate About You.

I enjoy the way that is artfully blends the wit of Shakespeare with the spirited heart of the 90s. It’s a rollercoaster of laughter and longing, with a side of sultry glances and sharp-witted banter. It's a classic romantic comedy that teaches us that sometimes, what we hate about someone can be exactly what draws us irresistibly closer.

Plus you have to admit that Heath Ledger was hot as hell in the movie and he sings (heart melts).

Both of the live action Garfield movies. The ones where Bill Murray voices Garfield. Yeah they ain't good but I love em for some stupid reason.

Hackers. The pool on the roof. 90's clothes. "HACK THE PLANETTTT!" A guy going "Call me THE PLAGUE" very seriously. Nonsense hacking sequences. It's all so dumb and wonderful.

Honestly worth a buy just because it has Penn Gilette in a bit role as one of the villain's henchpeople.

Back
Top Bottom