Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guilty Pleasure Movie?

What movie is your biggest guilty pleasure? Not a movie that’s good but one you like.
For me its the mid 2000’s Van Helsing. That movie’s so silly but I love it so much. You got vampire monsters, werewolves, electro-Frankenstein. I don’t think I’d say its good but I would say I love it.
Speed racer! The wachowski twins one Xd

Venom. There is a lot of plot and pacing issues with it, but I thought it was a genuinely entertaining and fun movie. I certainly didn't regret seeing it in theaters.

The Room.
Some ridiculously bad acting, but that's the best part.

Event Horizon (1997) I remember thinking it was the best I had seen in a long while, but after I saw the negative reviews, I kept that opinion to myself. Some years after, I saw it had reached cult status, so that added a nice bit of cheer for me! I'm still holding out hope that they'll find (or remaster) the original lost footage!

Sunshine with young Cillian Murphy and Chris Evans. fantastic cast who all embody their individual characters and roles well. the ship's A.I. voice is haunting, ''... Negative Cassie. There are six crew members aboard.'' - ''Negative. Five crew members.'' -- ''Negative, six crew members.'' ... ''*Cassie inhales unsurely.* ... Where is the sixth crew member?'' - ''... In the observation room.''

so scary.

i love the psychological horror aspect of them going on a suicide mission to reignite the sun. i think the sets are great. the space scenes are epic. ''KANEDA...WHAT DO YOU SEE?'' but the film does suffer from third act woes, and slows right down for the last 20 minutes, as if Danny Boyle didn't really know what to do with it. the first two acts are epic though.

reason i call it a guilty pleasure is it gets panned on most review websites, but personally, it's my favourite sci-fi film. better and more dramatic than interstellar, imho

Sunshine with young Cillian Murphy and Chris Evans. fantastic cast who all embody their individual characters and roles well. the ship's A.I. voice is haunting, ''... Negative Cassie. There are six crew members aboard.'' - ''Negative. Five crew members.'' -- ''Negative, six crew members.'' ... ''*Cassie inhales unsurely.* ... Where is the sixth crew member?'' - ''... In the observation room.''

so scary.

i love the psychological horror aspect of them going on a suicide mission to reignite the sun. i think the sets are great. the space scenes are epic. ''KANEDA...WHAT DO YOU SEE?'' but the film does suffer from third act woes, and slows right down for the last 20 minutes, as if Danny Boyle didn't really know what to do with it. the first two acts are epic though.

reason i call it a guilty pleasure is it gets panned on most review websites, but personally, it's my favourite sci-fi film. better and more dramatic than interstellar, imho
I remember seeing one preview of this and I wanted to see it I just forgot about it.

I remember seeing one preview of this and I wanted to see it I just forgot about it.

i highly recommend it. can't really regret this one, even if you don't enjoy the last half, if you enjoy sci-fi and thrillers you'll love the first half.

i highly recommend it. can't really regret this one, even if you don't enjoy the last half, if you enjoy sci-fi and thrillers you'll love the first half.
I'll make sure to watch it.

1994's Street Fighter movie. Two words: Raul Julia. From how he beheld Satan's fall from Heaven and his informing Chun-Li what day it was (both scenes linked below) and his initially taking the role of Bison because his kids loved the Street Fighter series, this is one of my faves. Delightfully campy goodness, all the way. :)

Enchanted (2007)

This movie shows just how dangerously OP a disney princess in reality can be. Her voice alone enslaves the minds people and animals alike to do her bidding. I can't help but crack up about how dark thing could turn were she turn to the dark side. Maybe she sings people into voting for her. Maybe she can sing living things into attacking her enemies. WE DO NOT KNOW THE DEPTHS OF GISELLE'S ABILITIES!!

First one is a movie no one I know that is not family has ever heard of: The Pirate Movie. Not The Pirates of the Carribean. It is literally just "The Pirate Movie".
61HQAW1NS2L.jpg
Second one, Treasure Planet, that version of Jim Hawkins is by far my favorite, teen me had a super crush on him.

What do you get when you mash up kung fu, Gymanastics and super sweet 80's hair?!
Gymkata and its iconic never duplicated pommel horse fight scene!

.....You're welcome blue moon. Now bow to your sensei! 🙏

I see The Fifth Element has already gotten a mention here, so I'll toss in The Big Lebowski when I just want to really chill, and Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter when I have a group of friends who hasn't seen it before and want to watch something fun.

The Parent Trap. Classic and Lindsay Lohan remake. Something about them makes me smile every time.

Chronicles of Riddick. Pitch black is a well done early 2000 scifi horror, while CoR flips genres to become a action adventure in an interesting science fiction/mystical world. From what I know it wasn't very popular but I always enjoy watching it, along with many of Vin diesel's other films.

The Scorpion King.
Really, anything with Dwayne Johnson. He's one of those actors (along with Vin Diesel) that's always entertaining, even if the movie he's in isn't of the highest caliber.

Suicide Squad. Sure, it wasn't the best movie around, but I actually sort of liked what they did with the Joker. A unique take that yeah...was not recieved well.

At least it was better than the dumpster fire that was the Harley Quinn movie. So much promise.

Really Enjoyed Birds of Prey myself 🤔
An old time favourite is of course HACKERS! A mid-90's cheesefest filled with dated technobabble starring a young Angelina Jolie...good times!
51eGN%2BIIt8L._AC_.jpg

Another guilty pleasure (for a much kinkier reason :devilish:) is 1984's Supergirl

Back
Top Bottom