Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mirkwater Women's Correctional Facility (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBloom

Moonchild
This is where we suggest and discuss story lines and general content regarding the roleplay. All and any suggestions are welcomed and remember dear collaborators to be constructive with your criticism and keep the drama elsewhere.

Main Rp thread: Mirkwater WCF.

Last edited:
I fear you might be right but since this is my first ever as narrator of a roleplay I can't help but wonder if it is something I did wrong. Was it not clear enough when what character's were expected to respond? Did I include too many players? Is the plot too open ended? (I intended for each player's character to more or less create their own storyline within the premise set up in the request thread.) Or are the players simply too spread out over different time zones?

Who knows why group rps don't work out. I've been a part of many here, and that's the fate of all group rps. They just don't seem to work out here. The plotting phase goes off well. Posting and discussing characters goes off well. Usually a few good posts get put in, and then that's about as far as they get. It's like everybody runs out of steam, or the rp isn't what they thought it would be. Sometimes, I imagine, life gets busy and players can't post. When there's a lag in posts, for whatever reason, that can be the end of a group rp too. I'm sorry it didn't work out. Truly I wanted this one to.

Yea that is my experience too that group roleplays run out of steam after a while and fizzle out into nothing but I really wanted this to work out because it has so many possibilities for all and any kind of storylines to develop. Oh well. I haven't given up on it just yet because behind the scenes I've found that some of the lag has been due to players having missed their cues, or expected a certain development before posting again.

Perhaps that is how and why so many group roleplays fall apart, lack of OoC communication between players.

I was about to suggest earlier that each player after posting in the roleplay thread also post here to let the player/s they are interacting with know a reply is expected from them.

I have decided to go forward with the storyline without waiting for every character to catch up (this can be done in retrospective posts later for those who wish to do so.) I will have a new narrative post up before the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom