Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Captive Echo (Staine x Bunny)

Taking liberties as he had helped her was something Christian had no qualms in doing, though he had noticed that she hadn't exactly seemed upset at it either, the knock to his hands more playful than anything and he had responded in kind, chuckling and raising an eyebrow as she had deposited the tacky panties into the trash. "Now now, don't judge him, Dante likes what he likes...who am I to stop him from wearing them if he really wants to?" A smirk on his lips, he had been tempted to kiss her, he wanted to, he knew she would enjoy it even and yet...it wasn't the right time for that, quite clearly, and to move too soon would be to set them back especially since he was convinced this was just going to be a temporary truce anyway; no matter how he was feeling right now, the high of a good, playful bit of banter in the morning, he knew that eventually the floor was going to fall out from beneath them as he did something to upset her. Little did he know how soon it would be. He had playfully pulled her close to him before she had walked into the bathroom anyway, brushing her hair aside with one hand, his body pressed against hers as he looked down at her, his eyes on hers. "I think we will keep the cuffs though...maybe you can model them for me sometime, I won't even touch, I'll just...watch. Doesn't that sound fun?" Again he wanted to kiss her but he managed to hold himself back, releasing her while she went to the bathroom. "I do not have a body pillow! Tell me Ava, why would I want to hold anything else in my arms after last night? I think you converted me, now I don't know how I'll ever sleep without you in my arms." Chuckling he had waited by the door for her as he had shouted to her in the bathroom. "Improper? I will have you know that I had only the most wonderful thoughts in my mind, I assure you that you cannot possibly corrupt me into untoward thoughts so by all means bring it closer, press it against me, show it to me more!" He knew he wasn't convincing her of anything, but he was very much enjoying talking with her.

That and the pleasant walk to the dining room had been the end of his happy morning though, he had been in a very good mood when he had called the maid Amalia over to feed, thinking nothing of the same thing he did every other morning when he was hungry and honestly he hadn't thought of how Ava would feel about it. To him, it was his morning routine, he was hungry, it was his home, his dining room and she had already refused outright to feed him herself so why should she be offended? Feeling the sweet, almost autumn spice of Amalia's blood trickle down his throat he had growled in approval, his hands on the maids stomach, refraining from dipping it beneath her skirts as he normally would because Ava was there, because he didn't want to do that in front of her but it hadn't been enough. He'd heard the tone she had used to speak to Dante, heard her excuse herself and looked up in time to see her leaving the room. His arm had come round to hold Amalia to him as he had slowly drank from her, fighting the urge to cast her aside and chase after her he had instead looked to Dante, his fangs still in the maid as his eyes met with his second and the understanding passed between them. No more words were said as Dante had left the room to follow. As he left, Christian had finished his 'meal', releasing the maid once he felt sated and growling softly, running his thumb over the marks left on her throat.
"Thank you, my dear...you may go rest now, if you like. or help yourself to the food if you're hungry yourself." He had planted a soft kiss over the marks and pushed her from his lap so he could rise, following after Dante and hopefully, Ava.

Dante had kept his distance, watching as his Master's guest first following her outside onto the marble patio, slipping past the furniture meant more for decoration in this house than the usual purpose of providing shade and a place to enjoy in the sun and then further as she had broken into a run. He didn't think she was actually trying to escape, he knew that if she had Christian would be furious but he knew he should follow her anyway; when he had met Christian's eyes, it wasn't anger he had seen in them, not like he had expected, especially after the night before. No, it was a mixture of sadness and concern, like the vampire had been worried about her. Strange, that and why hadn't he fed from Ava herself? Not privy to what had gone on between them, what deals had been made Dante had been surprised to learn they were going to her apartment, all three of them, even more so by the lack of marks on her when they had turned up to breakfast, they had even been smiling, laughing. When he had left, he was sure Christian had been about to rape the girl or at least hurt her, he had that look in his eyes and the bottle had shattered on the door as he had left. Seeing her unharmed, unbitten, smiling and even happy had been...unexpected, but he knew better than to ask. Following closely behind her until she stopped against a tree, he watched her for a few moments more before he coughed behind her, making his presence known. He could have stayed hidden, Dante was quite well trained at staying out of sight should he need to but he didn't think that was necessary here, not for her.
"Ava, fancy meeting you out here in the woods." He had a smile on his face, trying to put her at ease as he approached, leaning against the tree with no mind paid to the sanctity of the Italian tailored suit he was wearing.

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a handkerchief, offering it to her.
"I have to say, you don't seem to be scared, or trying to escape, so why did you run? Was it seeing him feed for the first time?" Dante's accent wasn't so thick that he couldn't be understood though the Italian in it was clear as he spoke as clearly and evenly as he could, not wanting to betray his thoughts in any way, especially not how curious he was as to what exactly had happened between them. He couldn't help that, but he also knew that if Christian wanted him to know he would tell him. That being said...if Ava let slip the things that had happened, well, he could hardly be to blame, could he? "Strange, how he didn't feed on you last night, I could have sworn he looked ready to drain you dry when I was dismissed...just how on earth did you convince him not to eat?" He chuckled, reaching for a cigarette from his pocket. "Do you mind? He doesn't let me smoke in the house so I come out here often, as it happens." Gesturing with the end of the cigarette to the floor around them, there were very distinct and old cigarette butts on the ground peeking from the grass, not so many that it was easily noticeable unless you were looking for them. Lighting the cig, he took a drag and sighed softly as he exhaled. "He looked happy, and he was in the same clothes as last night. What did you do to but such a smile on his face, bambolotta?"Laughing, with a raised eyebrow to insinuate he knew exactly what would put a smile on Christian's face, he didn't notice his master approaching, sticking to the shadows himself, watching. Christian didn't know what to say, instead wanted to see what Ava would say to Dante, to listen to what her issue was. He still didn't think he had done anything wrong, he had merely done what he did a thousand times in the past and would continue to do until she allowed him to drink from her instead, and what was wrong with it? To him it was no more than a feeding, she had been having breakfast, why couldn't he?

Stiffing slightly Ava closed her eyes at the sound of the voice behind her. She knew that she would be followed, it had just been a matter of who. Out of those who she'd have minded most, with Christian at the tipytop, Dante was almost a welcome intrusion into her odd wallowing pity party. "Quite the coincide" the husky warmth that was her voice was cooler, hollow in tone and dry. The silent presence that was the candlestick didn't seem to be going anywhere and when he offered the handkerchief, she took it wordlessly, twisting it gently between her hands. The question was given a wry laugh and she shook her head. "Correct on the first two, incorrect on the third... It wasn't seeing him feed." And it wasn't, that was truthful. Had there been no sound, and perhaps if the maid hadn't straddled his lap like a stripper... The feeding would have been fine. Sighing, Ava twisted the soft linen between her fingers, worrying at the cloth. "I ran because... I was still angry. Because I was still too close to him and'' shaking her head Ava fell silent. "Running just felt good and I didn't want to waste my tears on him..." This was said after a few moments. "He isn't worth crying over" There was something there, they way she said it. He wasn't yet, but she was afraid he would be.

"We made a deal" the answer was simple, though evasive... even now, Ava held what happened close, unwilling to divulge details to Christian's closest confidant. When he asked if she minded she shook her head no. "Not at all, be my guest" She could hear the pack rustle softly and then the flick of a lighter opening followed by the orange glow of a flame. Moments later she could smell it too, the cigarette as he took a long pull. What had she done to put such a smile on his face? That was a good question and he hadn't been the only one happy. Sighing softly she shifted along the ground, dirtying her dress. Noticing this, she rose and began to brush it off, frowning. She didn't want to get the dress Christian had picked dirty. Her hands paused mid swipe and she bit her lower lip flopping against the tree, the movement far from gentle and her back protested a little as pain flared up her spine. "Fought with him, I guess" She turned to look at Dante, studying his profile.

Toying with his handkerchief she ran it between her fingers from edge to edge, stretching it taunt between her fingers. The small pristine piece of cloth made her think of the same thing Christian had offered her last night. Eyes closing Ava took a slow deep breath of cool air. The weather was changing and she could smell it on the air. It was late summer, early fall that the sweet scent of... She didn't know actually. Was it grass? There was a scent that drew memories back of long walks with her father in the drawing twilight of late summer. Sweet, almost minty in a way, cooling was perhaps a better way of describing it. Exhaling she opened her eyes to the darkness, the coolness of the air raising goosebumps along her arms.
"Sorry by the way, if I was rude last night." Her voice still held that lost lilt to it. Turning some she faced him properly, the bark biting into the bare flesh of her arm. "You know this is all very beauty and the beast. You'd be Lumiere I think, you don't seem pompous like Cogsworth" She was trying but there was something about what she said... Her mind shifted and she bit the inside of her cheek, eyes on him.

Dante hadn't been kidnapped and forced to serve Christian, he did so willingly. So did the maid... She knew what he was, but the pleasure Christian had told her his bite caused could explain that. That and being paid well.
"Dante?" Ava struggled to find a way to word her question, falling silent for a moment. "How come you work for him?" The question was asked softly, unsure and far from accusatory, there was a genuine curiosity. He knew what Christian did, things he'd mostly hinted at to her. Christian by his hints was a criminal, or... no there was more to that, but it was the least of her problems. Was it money? Dante knew Christian had kidnapped her, she knew that much, but he'd not said boo about it, at least not in front of her. Likely at all, which was fine but did it bother him. What kind of man was Dante.

Perhaps if she could understand him, she could understand Christian a little better. The man before her had followed her, either he had been told to do so, or he had done it of his own volition. Ava trusted on some level Dante cared, if only so he didn't have to dispose of her body... He'd warned her last night to stop poking the beast. Not that she'd listened. Shivering Ava wrapped her arms around her body, cold but it wasn't just the air. This chill felt inside and out. Her mind drifted away for a moment, bringing up breakfast as her stomach gave an angry growl. She couldn't help but be angry at Christian, but... she doubted he even considered it. She hated that she reasoned out why, it made her anger feel invalid. It made her feel foolish. It only made her angry all over. She hadn't been the one to fucking kidnap herself, Christian had kidnapped her. Yes, he'd changed his mind... but he had wanted to break her, rape her. Did that really buy him amnesty?

What was really worse was that this morning had been nice. She had found she enjoyed 'fighting' with him. That sort of sparing... and he... had liked holding her. Her whole world was topsy turvy and it didn't feel like it would stop any time soon. She spoke softly, so soft.
"I think I'm broken'' The words trembled and the first tear fell. What would she do? At some point Christian would find her. She was his, per his own claims. How would she explain this? Any... thing. How this morning had made her feel, the way it had felt natural and easy. She'd been happy. Then he did something he likely didn't even think about, something natural.. but it felt like a slap in the face all the same. She couldn't even reason it out to herself so how did she explain it? She wasn't jealous and that was the only thing she had to say about it.

There were other problems too... How had she shifted from last night to this so easily? It had even started last night. Feeling for the man who had stolen everything from her. She wasn't just broken. She was damaged and she wasn't sure how to handle this. She had little choice, she was just trying to survive, right? Was it just that or was there more? Fuck if she knew and if and when she figured it out, would that be okay? Or would she hate who she was?
"Scratch that.. I am humpty dumpty and I think pieces are missing" Her hands covered her face as she began to cry. "What do I do?" The words were broken up, hard to understand as Ava sobbed.

Christian could hear them talking as he got closer, his enhanced senses perfect for picking out the softer notes in the air as Ava replied to Dante. He could interrupt them now, say his peace without really listening to whatever it was that Ava was saying but why should he pass up this opportunity to hear what she really thought? The way she had left...it had left a bad taste in his mouth, not literally considering he had been drinking at the time, but...well, he didn't like it. Leaving abruptly like that, it had him on edge like he had done something wrong and yet he knew that in truth he hadn't, that everything he had done had been...perfectly fine. Frowning, he leaned against one of the trees, using it half to support himself and half as cover as he watched and listened. Was it stalking? Perhaps...and maybe Ava deserved to know he was there, but he wanted to hear what she would say without him actually being there. Would she be more or less insulting? Angry? Probably angry, judging by how she had almost stormed out and the way she was speaking now. Dante took another drag of his cigarette as he let her speak, considering what to say to her, what to ask of her and knowing that Christian wouldn't be too far behind them if he wasn't there already.

"Hmm, so it wasn't seeing him feed...but you make it sound like it was seeing him feed, no?" Shaking his head, he was trying to piece it together using her logic, or rather his own, against her without actually upsetting the girl more. It wasn't her fault she had been brought here, kidnapped, and Dante honestly didn't wish her any harm, from the very little he knew of her he kind of liked her and he was fully aware of the reasoning behind her incarceration, that it was because she looked like Isidora, a girl he seldom spoke about and with an almost reverent tone when he did. Dante didn't care about Isidora though, never knew her, so when he looked at Ava all he saw was the hurt young girl. "You see...you say you were still angry, but angry at what, if not him drinking from the maid in front of you? Until then you seemed happy...so you see why I might think that had something to do with it, yes? Why those tears he isn't worth might feel connected...why one might even think you were a little jealous?" Watching her play with the handkerchief he chuckled to himself, trying to figure the girl out. She was a mystery to him, really, what had she meant when she said she fought with him. To bring a smile to his face like that, well...Dante had known Christian long enough to not have expected it.

Grinning, he laughed softly.
"Wasn't the candlestick French, not Italian?" He had indeed seen the movie a long time ago, and he had to admit the entire situation had a little of the 'Beauty and the beast' vibe to it, but he didn't quite understand why she was so eager to compare him to the candlestick and he swore he heard a soft chuckle somewhere behind him, barely carried by the wind. Her question caught him off guard and he took a long drag of his cigarette before he answered her. "Why do I work for him? Why not, bambolotta?" It probably wasn't the answer she was looking for, there was very little in the way of mystery in it, no divine provenance had brought Dante to work for Christian or kept him there. "He treats me well enough, even confides in me sometimes and is no worse than working for any human...better, in a lot of ways. He has had me working for him since I was much younger, younger than you are now when I used to run errands for him, he's always been fair with me, never hidden what he was...or what he did." He offered a smile to her. "Is he really that bad? Are vampires so scary? He did kidnap you, but you say you made a deal and he hasn't fed from you...tell me, what kind of deal was it? Do you know many humans who wouldn't have just taken what they wanted, if they had the kind of power he does?" It was a valid question, Dante had met humans who wielded similar influence to Christian, he had to deal with them quite often and they were often far worse than the vampire, like they needed to exert their control as much as they possibly could because of their short lives, like their mortality made them drink and whore and even rape into excess. At least Christian was tempered, it had been a rare moment of impulse that had made him kidnap Ava herself, and even then he had managed to reign himself in it seemed. Where Dante had expected her to come out of the room a lot worse for wear she had walked to the dining room under her own power that morning and with not a single mark on her but a smile.

He was still lost in thought when he heard the first sob, and he moved instinctively towards her, dropping his cigarette and wrapping his arms around the girl, holding her head to his shoulder.
"I don't think you're broken, bambolotta...maybe a little damaged but aren't we all, si?" His accent was coming a little thicker as he had one hand on her back, the other holding her head to his shoulder. Ahead of him, silently, he saw movement, the lights from the house making the silhouette of Christian distinct as he stepped from the trees. Meeting his master's eyes over the girl's shoulder he smiled and nodded. "I think you are the only one that can answer that...imagine, sympathy for the devil...but I work for him, no? Tell me...what really bothered you in the dining room? He has fed there every day, or other day, for as long as I have known him, it was nothing special except for your presence...should he have changed his routine for you? Not eaten, for you? I assume your deal didn't allow him to drink from you instead, no?" His voice was soft in her ear, and Christian watched intently before he backed away. It wouldn't do for her to see him here like this, seeing her cry, hearing her thoughts, how she thought she was broken...he felt he was intruding. Trusting his man, he crept back out of earshot before returning to the house to get changed into a fresh suit, ready to go when they were ready to gather her things. Back in the woods, watching him leave, Dante smiled and he whispered to Ava. "He's gone back now, bambolotta. If you really wanted to run, now would be the chance, would it not? If you want to go, I can say I lost you...he would be mad, but I don't think he would harm me and a mile that way there is a road, well lit...you may even find a ride." He didn't think she would go, but Dante was curious...if she knew she had the option to flee, would she take it? "I won't even report it for another hour or so, he won't come back out, not when he knows I am with you. He trusts me."

Ava had no idea Christian was near, though had she thought about it at all, she would have guessed as much. For now however, it felt like it was just the two of them. Whilst Dante smoked, Ava tried to piece her feelings together. The jumble of pieces from different puzzles that she had been told all had to make a picture now. It was impossible to do, so when Dante spoke again, he was given her attention. His reasoning made sense, it was all very logical but Ava shook her head no. "No... I don't.. I don't have feelings for him." She frowned and sighed. "I have some feelings, so that's a lie... Rather I don't have feelings for him in that way" She looked to Dante, her face honest. "Though, I was angry that he decided to drink her in front of me" Ava knew what it was, but trying to explain it even in her mind didn't make sense, so she had tried to distract him with beauty and the beast.

"Yes and while the prince was french, as Christian is... he was also a prince. Christian is not. Seems like you're just arguing semantics.." Though she let it drop for now. She could warm him up to the name in time, Ava was certain. There was no need to push it further now and then she'd found herself wondering why he worked for Christian. His answer gave her pause yet again. Why not? All of his reasoning made perfect sense. Though she snorted softly. "I don't know him well enough to honestly judge. Based on what I have seen, my first answer yearns to be yes, he is." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Honestly though, I don't know." Eyes still closed, she tried to put her feelings about his master into words. "He did in fact kidnap me. And while no I wormed my way out of being broken into a doll, that was his intention Dante." She shrugged some, eyes opening once more to the darkness. "I happen to be interesting, it seems. Was I not, I would have been raped last night" Her words were tired, a remnant of the night before. "So I mean, does that absolve him of the intention?" She didn't know, did he?

"For now, the deal is he has a year to make me fall in love with him. If within the year, I don't love him... I go free. Compensated heavily for each month I am here. As to not feeding from me I asked him not to, on yet another deal." Her voice lowered and she looked at her hands. "I want that desire to be my own, not a vampire roofie. If I moan for him, desire him to touch me, I want it to be me wanting him" Sighing she shook her head. "I mean, I guess in the end it's not much different than from wanting him to want me for me... And not Isidora. He will claim neither would be the case and both would be lies. They might change, his desire for me changes because I am not her, but the whole reason I am here, talking to you is because I looked like someone else from a past life. And if he bit me, would it be any different than his hands drawing that desire from me?" She knew both answers from Christian's point of view, that no.. it was more now, but that stumbling black wouldn't just vanish because he said it didn't exist. Just like biting her was still a roofie, a way to make his food want to stay near him. She wanted to be near him for a different reason. Explaining it was hard and even now, she felt.. crazy. "It isn't right for anyone to just take Dante... Vampire or human. It doesn't stop humans and it doesn't stop vampires."

She was breaking down, one crack at a time until she found herself being held in the arms of Dante. The comfort was oddly welcome and she laughed as she cried. "It's not like I haven't shown him such sympathy as well... devil or not" That night in the shower when she'd tried to soothe his hurt that she caused. His question seemed to slow her tears and she hiccuped softly against his chest. "We had been having a good morning" Her words were whispered softly. "Even with last night, it.. felt nice. Being playful with him... waking up in his arms." Sighing softly her arms slipped around his waist, needing just a little more touch that wasn't anything but comfort. "No. I doubt he even considered how it would make me feel, why would he? I don't mean that as he is an ass. More... Why change something that is habitual. I was having breakfast, so should he?" She fought to say it, to explain her feelings. "But the problem also comes that he didn't think about it. What it would do to the morning, the mood for him to have a girl sit in his lap, for breakfast, moaning like a whore" She tried to pull away, turn, but Dante held her still, so instead she hugged him a little tighter. "I wasn't jealous, because I don't care about him that way. I wasn't mad that he needed to feed and honestly he shouldn't be ashamed, it's no different than me wanting a burger in the end, save for the moaning. Which my cow wouldn't do" Ava shrugged. "So I don't know how to handle that.. I don't want meals to be like that, but he is what he is. I don't feel disgusted that he needs blood, but I am not okay with his meals moaning either. So I don't know what to do.. how to handle it. And knowing Christian, a ball gag isn’t an acceptable answer either"

When Dante said he was gone she pulled away from him. "That's why you wouldn't let me turn?" There was no anger in her voice... She had known he'd follow at some point. When Dante offered to let her run however she blinked and looked at Dante, mouth ajar slightly. She could run? He was offering to let her and from the way he spoke this wasn't even a trap. Slowly she shook her head. "No." She bit her lower lip and shook her head again. "I gave him my word." She smiled at Dante, shyly. "Besides, he might not hurt you.. I'd not want that on my conscious" She teased him and rubbed her eyes. "I need to change before we go anywhere, I got dirt on my dress." Her hand brushed his arm. "Thank you" That thank you covered so much ground and then blushing she smiled bashfully. "Dante? Could you take me home and would you have this dress cleaned?" She hated that it bothered her that the dress being dirty might hurt him, even if she didn't think it really would, he'd... he'd picked it for her to wear.

Last edited:
"Did Christian tell you he was French, Ava?" Dante had an amused smile on his face as he took another drag of his cigarette, raising an eyebrow at her. She had been trying to explain how she felt about his master...well, their master really, and she had asked a tricky question, did his change of heart absolve him of his intentions? To give himself more time to think, Dante had decided to focus on what she had said earlier. "That cannot be...if there is one thing he wouldn't do it's lie right to your face...and he definitely isn't French." Laughing, he shook his head to her. "Maybe he is Cogsworth and not the beast after all, no? He is English, not French, after all...and really...I don't know." He shrugged, the movement surprisingly elegant for what it was. "I can't say whether the intent matters, don't we judge by actions instead? I've known him to be forceful and he is imposing, he has no qualms in forcing his will onto others and he has chased down more than one girl in his employ, but...if I may...I've never actually seen him rape or kill one." He looked down at her and his eyes almost sparkled, a pale green which caught the moonlight in a strange way, something slightly off about them, inhuman even, though what it was would be more difficult to place, it was just...the brightness, almost a radiance. "Oh I've seen him break down girls, like he said he would to you, not permanently but...they also agreed to it and he never intended to keep them. Even the things he likes to do with the maids..." On the verge of going too far, he held up his hand to stop himself as well as emphasise his point. "That doesn't matter, my point, Cherie, is that he didn't do those things to you. Maybe his bark is worse than his bite, non?" To play with her Dante had shifted his accent slightly to sound French, smiling in an attempt to make her smile too; Ava seemed like she needed something to laugh at, and she seemed to like this Lumiere comparison with him.

He had chuckled at his own joke while he moved in to comfort her, holding her close while she let it all out. At some point he had seen Christian as he had moved and for a moment had thought he meant to intervene but the hesitance he saw soon put a stop to that idea. Dante had known the vampire long enough to know that if he intended to say anything, he would have done so already, wouldn't be hanging back like he was a lost animal himself. It was so strange to see him like this that he couldn't look away, his eyes on Christian's as he answered Ava as best he could, knowing that no matter how softly he spoke the vampire would hear everything they said.
"An interesting deal, bambolotta...tell me, how many people do you think he would make such a deal with? You speak like he doesn't care and it's true I cannot speak for his heart but...I can tell you that I have never seen him smiling and laughing like he was when you walked into the dining room together, or known him to agree not to feed on a girl before, for any reason, not one he wanted." He squeezed her shoulder slightly as Christian turned to leave once she had said she didn't know how to handle it. It was clear from the way he moved that he didn't have an answer for her either; he had listened to her pour out her feelings to his servant but in the end it only told him what he already knew, that she was as confused and lost as he was and yet somehow he was the villain again. He still didn't think he had done anything wrong, not this morning, but the way she spoke it was like he was meant to...what, exactly? Once he was sure she wouldn't hear him, he sped up, vampiric speed carrying him back to the house and up to his own bedroom. In the woods, Dante held the girl, still trying to put the right words to his thoughts.

"I think...that he regrets what you look like more than you know, more than anything."
With Christian out of earshot he took a chance to speak his mind more. "You tell me that, that you want to want him and you want him to want you, for you, but...how do you think he feels about it? If he likes you because you look like her that's one thing, but what if he likes you, Ava? How do you think it feels to him to be told you can never trust that he isn't thinking of her? Has he called you by her name yet? Has he treated you like you think he would treat her?" He let her go once he was sure it was safe, taking her arm in his, raising an eyebrow as he started to walk her back. "And you won't even run? So...in truth, what he did, taking you...he isn't even keeping you anymore, not truly...he may act like he is, he may treat you as his but...tell me, is it truly so terrible, if you won't run when given a real chance?" Walking her slowly back towards the mansion he nodded, more than happy to take care of the dress for her when they returned. "Oui, I can do that for you, but...in return, you do something for me?" While he had let her slip her hand into his arm, he had his other hand folded onto hers and he squeezed gently. "Perhaps try to think how it might feel to have affection for somebody and have them tell you over and over that they don't believe you like them, for them? I can't say that's truly how he feels, but I have heard of Isidora, and she was not like you, ma biche...at this point I don't know if it's more a curse or a blessing that you look like her, for he may never have met you without, but now you may never be able to love him. Such a sad tale, non?" He smiled and laughed again, wanting to break the melancholy mood and recalling something she had said that he had ignored at the time in favour of offering her the chance to escape. "If you like I could have the maids gagged while he feeds...would that be better for you?" Strangely, he still had the French accent, and seemed to be slipping into it more and more.

In the mansion Christian was showering, briskly washing himself with a more masculine soap than the ones he had used the night before, oaky and with notes of whisky and earthier notes, a hint of cinnamon and the slightest hint of peppermint behind it, lost in his own thoughts. He had heard what she had said, he had been reminded yet again that she didn't care for him in that way, that he was a monster, feeding on the girl right in front of her. Oh she hadn't said as much but it was obvious that was what it was. "I doubt he even considered how it would make me feel...why would he?" That had been the last thing he had heard before he had walked away, unwilling to hear more on how inconsiderate he was. In truth, she was right, he hadn't thought about how it would make her feel but it wasn't Amalia he had wanted to feed from, it wasn't her he wanted in his lap...he had listened to her talk of Isidora again, that shade he couldn't quite escape, no more than she could it seemed, and then of his bite, like the reason he wanted to feed from her was to drug her, like he could control how it made people feel. It was all swirling inside his mind, little prickly spikes that poked and rubbed against his nerves making him annoyed one moment and sad the next. He wasn't even thinking as he dressed, pulling on a simple black suit but managing to somehow get the buttons on the front wrong, skipping one entirely and knotting his deep green tie, the only splash of colour he was wearing besides the sapphire cufflinks, off to the side, unstraightened. He could have looked in the mirror...he had been joking when he had implied that he couldn't see his reflection to her but it was something that yet again slipped his mind, and when Dante walked in with her they would find him sitting in the main room of the mansion, his eyes closed and his hand in his pocket, fingers playing with the amulet she had thrown at him the night before. Large, the room was far less bright than the ones Ava had been in so far, deep crimson on the walls bordered with silver and gold in french fluer de lys patterns, varnished pine walls and skirting around it and no electronics in sight, though one of the cupboards against the wall looked like it might be hiding one. The furniture, leather chairs and a sofa, was all brown, high quality leather and around the edges of the room along the walls were several bookcases, for all the world looking like the room belonged more in one of those gentlemans's clubs rather than an actual home.

She shook her head and smiled slightly. Ava knew Christian wasn't french, for she knew about Isidora and he. "See, just proved my point, you can still be a candlestick!" His next words gave her pause and Ava frowned some, the flash of humor fading from her face. "Intent does matter. Just look at the law. His actions have been contrary" Ava rubbed at her temple, a headache forming. "He is judged on that as well, but it's not so simple." The darkness of her hair swayed with her head, the tendrils of chocolate catching along the neckline of her dress. "How many have said no to him, Dante?" From what Christian had said never once had someone declined his bed. Why would they? He was handsome, wealthy and if you knew his bit was as sinful as he said, and it appeared? If he had taken a different approach, perhaps she might have been more willing, though in truth it was unlikely. Christian had scared her from the start. He had looked like he had back then and had known Isidora's name. It had been too weird. Her arms crossed and she lifted a brow. "Dante, you and I both know what he wanted to do wasn't temporary." It had never been hinted that it wouldn't be permanent. Her eyes narrowed some and she shook her head. "I doubt that, greatly." He might have changed his mind, might even regret picking her because of what she looked like. He had still acted impulsively and all the problems before them, in the end, were his doing.

Dante was actually frustrating her and she gave a small feminine growl.
"And tell me, if I was someone else than I am... Had I been less feisty or not thrown everything I know of him and Isidora at him in an attempt to save myself would it have changed this outcome?" She sighed. "You only know what he allows you to see. I am sure now, he is different... But he was different when he met her too. He changed. He wants me to love him... Forcing me to feed him wouldn't gain him love." Stepping away from him she hugged herself some. She didn't answer that he had been happy this morning, she was still struggling with that fact herself. His sin wasn't absolved because he was sorry.

The sin she thought of was brought from Dante's lips and her eyes narrowed.
"Then he should have thought it through instead of acting on impulse" She fought to growl at him, the candlestick thoroughly annoying her. "You can make excused for his behavior all you like, it doesn't make it okay, or mean he doesn't live with the consequences of his actions. Dante, you make points on his behalf as if it absolves him. He says it's not, then he needs to prove that. he was the one to kidnap me. I didn't ask to be here, to be forced into this position. I have no option other than the choice to trust him. If he is honorable as he says, then things might work out. But let's get this straight, I am under no obligations to make his job easier. He got himself into this damned mess. I am so sorry it's hard on him." She did grow again then. "I gave my word" It was more than that, in part she was trying to protect Dante... But more than that, even if she did run, now he knew she was out there would he truly leave her be? Ava didn't honestly know.

"No" The word was hard. "I will not. That is on him to fix Dante. I will be who I am, but just because it's hard on the poor six hundred and change fucking vampire who kidnapped me is going to have a hard time with it? No. Besides, he doesn't even know if I am anything more than amusing. He doesn't know me yet. The whole reason I was spared was I used what I knew against him and I look like her. Ask him if at first, he wasn't given pause by the fact that it for even a moment, seemed like Isidora was crying." Ava understood his motives, and even saying no, she knew some part of her, however small it was did feel bad for Christian. "It's not sad, it messed up. He lived before knowing, he'd have lived without knowing me as well."

"I will not eat with him"
Was the offered threat to the joke, Ava didn't find it amusing. Even from a practical standpoint the joke wouldn't help. They'd still make noise. "You're not funny by the way" Sighing she stopped him for a moment. "Look, I know you're trying to help him. I understand why... But I have no reason to offer him any mercy. I do look like her. Dante, even if I do start to fall for him, it's on him to make me believe it's me he wants. He isn't who he was with her and I am not her. Neither points hold merit. I am not going to purposely make it harder, but I think it's fair to want to know that, if I do.. it's me he loves." Ava knew that she'd shut him down, hard on every turn Dante had tried to take. "If he truly means it Dante, and he can show it, then he has nothing to fear"

They crossed the yard as they spoke and inside the chill of the air was slow to leave her. As they passed by Christian she didn't stop, needing a bit more time to herself, but this time, she took note of the path they took. Dante left her at her door and she slipped inside. While her mind was a mix of feelings, she reconsidered what Dante had asked of her and she resolved, to try for him to a point. He had offered her freedom and something told her had she wanted to run, he would have let her. He would have let her escape into the night, given her a head start to trying to find freedom. Ava was quick as she showered, though her hair was left alone, pinned at the top of her head to avoid the fall of water. Once she was clean, a towel around her, she moved to the dresser. Settling on a blushing pink set, the bra and panties lined with satin black piping, the lace was fine and delicate. Next she picked out an outfit from the clothing Dante had bought for her. A pale dusty pink sweater, a plaid skirt, whose pattern was off kilter with lines of mauve, black and white on a grey background. Ava dressed quickly, her eyes on her options for shoes, finally a pair of pale grey thigh high boots of the softest suede were picked. Pausing for a moment she went back to her dresser and found a pair of dusty pink thigh highs. They were donned before the boots.

Running her hands through her hair as she stood, Ava tousled her curls until they fell just how she liked before leaving her room. It took her a little time and even trying to memorize the path she got lost twice. It hadn't been hard to correct her mistakes and within a few more minutes she stood before him. His eyes lifted to hers and she could see something within his gaze, weariness perhaps? He stood after a moment and Ava took him in. Biting her lower lip she took a step forward. They would need to come to some arrangement, but perhaps first she could find a way to say sorry, without saying it. Her hands moved to his shirt, slow, unsure; a shy smile curling on her lips, though her lower lip was still held captive. Her fingers slowly unbuttoned his shirt. "You know, I already know the mirror thing was a lie.." Her tone was like her movements, her smile. With care she corrected his shirt, her fingers timid the whole way, but the task was one of sweet intent. Task done, she shifted to his tie, straightening before her hands moved to his cuff links. They too were straightened and she stepped away, looking down.
Would she have done that without Dante's annoying input? Yes... Ava felt she would have. But now, it felt like it meant more.

"I wasn't trying to be funny, not really, I was just..." Dante smiled as they approached the mansion, guiding Ava into the building and out of the slight chill of the air. "Trying to be less serious. It's a serious situation, both of you are struggling and you're correct, you are the one that has been wronged but..." He leaned in close, whispering in her ear, not willing to speak too loudly this close to Christian even though he knew that if the vampire really wanted to eavesdrop he wasn't likely to be able to prevent it. "I did just offer you the chance to leave, and you didn't take it. Whatever your reasons, you just chose this now. If you aren't going to run, are you going to hate him for the whole year instead? It seems like such a waste of your time here." While well aware that hadn't been her point, Dante couldn't help but push her in what he felt was the right direction, for him and his master at least. He smiled and released her arm as they got further into the mansion, offering her a soft smile. "I know you think he is a terrible person, and he has done terrible things, I can't deny that and he wouldn't try to, but...that may be the product of such a long, violent life, no? Perhaps you can change him, perhaps you can even find something in him you enjoy being around and if you don't think that's the case...if you don't think he can love you, for you, then why bother staying when offered a chance to leave? I don't think your word should matter, if he is such a villain anyway. Nobody is expected to keep their word to the bad guy." He left her at that, heading to the dining room to oversee and help with the cleaning up while he thought about things himself.

Clearing away the table, Dante could see Christian in the main room, sitting there as he often did when he was deep in thought. Ava had made valid points to him in their conversation, what Christian had done he would have to live with but no matter how much she had tried to drive the point home Dante saw something else. He saw his master, the one who had always treated him fairly, he saw that while he had wanted to take the girl, while he wanted to make her his own...he had stopped short of that finality, he hadn't in fact broken her, raped her or even fed from her. He had said as much in response, though he feared it had been lost on her in her anger.
"Do you think, Miss Ava, that Isidora's crying face is all he saw when he stopped? Do you not think that he may not have been able to go through with it despite what he had wanted at first? I know he misses her, he won't ever deny that himself if you ask him but let me tell you something else I know..." He had smiled at her again then, trying to reassure the girl who was stuck with them in unfamiliar territory, being told the virtues of a vampire that had kidnapped her. "He is rarely impulsive. Everything I have known Christian to do while I have been with him has been calculated, even his desires he thinks about before he acts on, except when he saw you. A break of character, an impulse so powerful even he couldn't resist it is what brought you here and I have no doubt that as the night went on he regretted that more and more. You are trapped, you were kidnapped, you were forced here against your will and that is all his fault, but I am certain that his one moment of weakness that he gave in to is torturing him too." Chuckling, he had squeezed her hand again. "And if he does like you now, for who you are, as his good mood this morning indicates, well...he's going to regret that for a long, long time. Consider that, when you come to speak to him. Consider that he might hate himself as much as you hate him."

It had only been the truth, though he didn't know how much sense it made, his own thoughts on the matter clearly biased towards Christian's favour. Even now he could see just from the look on the vampire's face that he wasn't in a good place, that he was deep in thought, unmoving for the entire time until Ava approached.

Christian heard them come in, of course, though he didn't pry on the whispers that he could hear, didn't allow himself the luxury of processing them as they passed him and Ava went to her room. No, he had other things on his mind. Having heard how she felt about him, what was he keeping her here for? Ava hated him, or if she didn't then she would never be able to get past her resemblance to Isidora, as entirely superficial as it appeared to be, and as much as he was enjoying her company, forcing her to endure his didn't sit as well with him as he had initially thought it would. That first burst of desire, of seeing his former love and wanting to take her had overshadowed everything, had thrown him down a path he never intended to take and while his nature made it easier to contemplate, to act on in that moment, he had balked. Now he was left with this...he had kidnapped her but he wanted her to make her own choice...what foolishness was that? He was a vampire, he was over six centuries old and he ran an organisation that broke so many laws that if he were ever to be caught an eternity wouldn't be long enough for his imprisonment, they would throw away the key and yet he couldn't stomach the tears of one 18 year old girl? Why did he even care so much? His fist tightened around the pendant in his hand, hidden in his pocket as he heard her approaching again. Just seeing her storm out when he had fed had soured his morning, reminded him that he wasn't human, that if he wanted her he should just take her. Why should he be kind to her, why should he be anything less than a domineering vampire when that was what she expected of him? He rose from his seat to meet her, his eyes finding hers, ready to remind her that for all the enjoyment he had found in talking with her, that wasn't their arrangement.

Then she started to unbutton his shirt and he found he couldn't speak. He watched as she righted the error he had made with delicate fingertips as his words died before he even opened his mouth to speak. What was wrong with him? He was a criminal overlord of sorts, he was a bloodsucking fiend, yes he was even a murderer, he had killed before, when it suited him, when he had to. Why was this girl such a damn frustration to him? He made a soft growling noise with his throat as she spoke, letting her continue to adjust his clothing.
"I didn't lie to you...I never have." Funny, how that was where his mind immediately went. "Ava...you're angry at me, aren't you? Because I fed? Or is it something else...I heard what you said...it isn't right for anybody to take..." That was the problem...he took a lot in life, from a great number of people but it was never personal, not until he took from her, not until he took her. "Maybe you're right, I shouldn't have taken you, but I did. I shouldn't have brought you here, but I did. I shouldn't have threatened you, but..." he sighed, reaching for her as she looked down, gently tilting her chin upwards so he could at least look into her eyes. The eyes were his favourite part, the only part of her that didn't sting, didn't remind him of Isidora. "You get the point. I took you, you're here now. I can't change that, and I don't want to, I like having you here but I am not just going to change who I am." His eyes started to glow with the same red he displayed when he was hungry or filled with lust, slightly softer as he was feeling neither of those at the time, a conscious effort to show her his vampiric side. "This is who I am. What I am. For over six hundred years I haven't had to think like a human, like your kind, so I think I should be allowed some mistakes...if you'll forgive me." In his way, he was trying to apologise for ruining their morning, thoughtlessly feeding in front of her knowing the effect it would have on the maid, but getting the words out was proving difficult.

He sighed again and pulled his hand back, turning to the dining room where Dante seemed to be standing, watching them.
"Dante, make yourself useful and bring the car round, we have places to be tonight, so let's get this over with." Gesturing for her to follow, he started to walk towards the front of the mansion to wait as Dante left to do just that, wordlessly but with a smile on his face having watched Ava trying, and heard Christian's nonsensical babbling. Even if nothing came from it, it was amusing to see the difference in the way his master acted around her, he had seen how sullen he had been right up until Ava had stepped up to him, he had seen him ready to explode in anger and say something, anything...only to stand there in silence as she fixed his shirt. While she might not have seen what was about to happen to Dante the shift had been clear and he was still grinning as he pulled up in front of the house and Christian stepped forward to open the door for her. "Mademoiselle Ava, I do remember where you live...ah, lived, but if you would be so kind, I think we have another stop in mind first so would you mind telling me where your friend with the dress works? I believe we may be just in time if we hurry." The French accent was still there and as he helped her into the car Christian raised an eyebrow, looking first to Dante and then to Ava, sighing as he climbed in, trying to hide his smile. "Really?"

Dante made points that were understandable. Ava even understood some of them, could see the reasoning behind them. It was hard to just listen, but for a while that is what Ava did and as they neared her room, she put a hand on his arm stopping him. "I want to be clear about something. I don't think he is a terrible person. I do think he made a mistake, a bad one. I am not trying to harp on it, but you both need to understand it doesn't vanish just because he is sorry. I don't want to lord it over him forever, or even at all." She left it at that. Ava had truly listened to Dante and took value in his words. He knew his master better than she did, for he wasn't the man she had dreamed of finding some day. Christian wasn't the only one battling with the issues of someone looking like someone and not being that person, at least not anymore. It all weighed on her as she got ready and even as she approached him. She was nervous and confused, but Ava decided to be honest about something Christian didn't know.

"I am starting to understand that." Her voice was soft and when he tipped her face up towards him, she allowed it. A smile rested on her lips, gentle and perhaps a little sad. "I was mad at you, yes." She took a slow breath in, eyes closing for a moment. "Christian, it's how you eat. You can't change that and I am not" she paused trying to find the right words "I'm not even upset that you need to drink blood to survive. I eat chicken, beef... But my meals do not moan." She bit her lower lip, doing her best to lay her problem at his feet. "I know it's normal for you and I know if I don't allow you to feed on me, you must feed from someone." Her hand moved to rest on his forearm. "I don't want you to feel like you are some monster. I don't see you like that. Kidnapping aside. But I don't want to eat my meals while yours moans either. Perhaps we can work something out?" She was honestly trying and she wasn't done. "Christian..." His name was a sigh upon her lips, but it wasn't annoyance in her voice, nor was wistful. The cadence his name was whispered at was almost sad. "I do. I knew it didn't occur to you how it might make me uncomfortable. Not because you're thoughtless, but why would you? You do it every few days, it's a part of your routine. I wouldn't have thought about it in your place" She smiled softly. "You did make a mistake, several... But what's done is done." Her eyes shifted to Dante for a moment and there was an apology in them.

"I was offered a chance to run, one to escape and the time to do so, yet here I am" Her free hand touched his face holding his eyes on her. "I don't tell you this in an attempt to get Dante in trouble. My word be damned, I could have run and not looked back." Ava was trying to open up, show him that raw vulnerability. "When I was a little girl, I found Isidora's journals. She wrote of you, of her feelings, the man you were then." Her voice trembled softly as she continued. "As I grew up, I always wanted to marry a man like Christian. It was... My dream" Her own secret was in the air and she bit her lower lip. "You're not the only one fighting with a ghost. I know you're not the same man, but... I can't help but want to know you. That's why I didn't run" She smiled some, trying to lighten the mood. "That and if I don't fall in love with you, I get a small fortune" Her hand fell as his did; her eyes didn't waver from his face however. "I like this morning, how we were." The admission caused blush and she looked away then. "I will struggle with things, much like you will make mistakes. I only hope you can try and understand and help me. I will try and understand that mistakes will happen."

She looked to Dante, still sorry for sharing his offer. She hadn't wanted to throw him to the wolves, but explain more of herself that she had ever planned to reveal.
"I think Dante knew I wouldn't have run though" She searched his face for a moment, trying to determine if he was mad with her for sharing. She had only tried to do what he wanted from her. Her eyes moved back to Christian and she nodded as he motioned for her to follow. She trailed at his side a step or so behind. It was confusing that she shared her secret or that, deep down, she wanted this too. She didn't know if she could love Christian. He wasn't the man she'd fallen in love with when she had been a little girl. He was very much a new person, but she couldn't help but desire to see if it could be.

Ava giggled, and smiled at Dante. "Candlestick" She stuck her tongue out, but nodded as the pink muscle slipped back behind her lips. "It's down off Trodelmarket" Slipping into the car she smoothed her skirt into place and buckled herself in. Looking to Christian as he slid in beside her. A part of Ava wanted to push this to be like a normal relationship, with the sweetness that came with it. To take his hand, fingers laced together. It didn't feel right, but she longed for that sort of romance, perhaps it was the journals and her own desires that made it hard for her to harm his feelings. Why she constantly tried to soothe the hurt she inflicted.

Christian, if his heart could beat, felt it would be racing. He didn't know why...he wasn't nervous, was he? No, that definitely wasn't it, and yet all the anger had dissipated from him the moment she had stepped up to him like the air being let out of a balloon. Righteous anger at that! Anger at being vilified, demonised for his desire to feed and enjoy his meal...his maid...his whatever, something she had denied him no less! He had been ready to tear her a new one, treat her like he would most of his underlings, stern, the killer eyes that allowed for no recourse, no refrain from his wrath, the steely gaze that had frozen men twice her size. Hardened criminals didn't dare to utter a word when Christian looked at them like that, when his anger seethed. Ava had walked up to him and unbuttoned his shirt, not for the purposes of soothing him sexually but to button it back up again and here he was...rageless. Angerless. he might as well be a damn teddy bear for all the threat he posed her. How had she done that? His eyes flicked to the side where he could see Dante watching from the reflection in the door. Was he smiling? His eyes went back down to the girl whom was now speaking to him, her hand touching him on his arm. He had written off that there was anything supernatural about her that night in the restaurant but was he entirely certain she wasn't a witch? He wasn't so sure anymore. Petulantly, not quite sure if he was upset that she was upset at his feeding or if he was upset that he was no longer upset at her, he grumbled softly. "Have you tried eating them while they are still alive...maybe they do moan..." It was childish, silly, but he was in a strange mood. "Fine...I understand, I did not think of it like that...but what kind of thing do you think we could work out? I could feed elsewhere, since I'm sure you're not offering yourself...though it hardly seems fair that I would lose something I have always enjoyed with nothing in return." He did wonder if she had a trade in mind; in truth he would do it without, if it made it easier on her then it wouldn't be the greatest hardship for him but he wasn't going to say that to her.

The next thing she said brought a deep growl from him and he looked sideways at Dante, her efforts to stop him turning his head by placing a hand in his cheek fruitless as he raised an eyebrow, her fingers at his jaw. He wasn't even angry, which was probably why his servant didn't look particularly scared, but he didn't want Ava to know that, either.
"Is that so?" His tone was sharp, a slightly cold edge to it though it wasn't pure anger, there was no real anger in it at all in fact. Dante had left soon after, to fetch the car while he listened to what she had to say. "I see...so you didn't run because you have some fantasy, some ideal of me that you think I may be able to live up to?" He reached down for her, brushing his fingers through her hair. The smile she offered, the words, they seemed genuine, he had no reason to doubt them. "I don't know if I can...that man lived six centuries ago, Ava. I don't know what remains of him, if anything...so you may receive that small fortune yet, but...thank you for not running." Walking with her, he shook his head at her. "I will try, but you have seen who I am. I can try to understand but being human...feeling human things, it isn't as easy as you make it out to be. You take it for granted, but where you hear the maid moan and gasp, I hear the rush of blood...I'm sure it sounded sexual..." He grinned playfully. "I have that effect on women, I'm told, but...for me it was breakfast. It isn't always, but today...I did think of your feelings in regards to that, at least." As the car had pulled up, he had looked at the driver, smiling and talking in his damn French accent, was he warming to her so much already? Dante did confuse him sometimes even if he had no doubt whatsoever he had his best interests at heart, offering another growl in full earshot of him at her assertion she thought he knew she wouldn't run. I'm sure he knew I wouldn't chase you if you had too...he just didn't say it. The thought wasn't spoken aloud...but he knew it to be true anyway. He might have had her watched for a time, to make sure she didn't cause trouble for him but if she had really ran, and gotten away, he didn't think he would have forced her back, not how he was feeling now at least though in reality...who knew? Climbing into the car with her, he had still smirked, speaking in full earshot of both of them. "So Dante...think it's fun to let my captive go, do you? Don't you think there might be a punishment waiting for you?"

His eyes lit up as they started to drive, turning to look at Ava and then back at Dante in the mirror, the servant giving Ava a soft smile as she sat in the car to let her know he wasn't really upset with her. "Let me be clear, since you both know I'm not going to lie to you. There will be a punishment for this, I won't let it go unanswered...but because I'm a fair man, if Ava wishes to she may take a punishment in your stead. She is the one that betrayed your noble gesture, after all." He chuckled softly, he clearly wasn't upset but he wanted to see what she would do. "And no bargaining, no asking what the punishment is, yes or no answer only, and before we get to your apartment. I will tell you that any punishment you receive will be different, and less severe, than what poor Dante would, in my humble opinion." As they neared Trodelmarket Christian could feel something, a restlessness in how she sat beside him, if he had known he might have even taken her hand but he didn't, he didn't want to press her and he had no reason to even if he would have enjoyed it too, instead he sat with his own hands interlocked in his lap, one leg up and draped over the knee of his other. Once they pulled up to the store, then he helped her out of the car as he held the door open for her, taking her hand as he helped her out of the vehicle, his eyes meeting hers meaningfully. "Behave...no speak of kidnapping or anything else...I won't hurt anybody if you do but it won't help you, not really." He didn't truly think she would say anything but he wanted to make sure she knew that anyway, his eyes flashing with the vampiric hue he often had flexed for her before he smiled, leading her into the store. There was only one woman working there, though there was a well dressed man who was no doubt the manager of the store next to her. Smiling warmly, he led Ava up to the both of them, eyes flicking downward to see the nametag. "Natalie, so good to see you again! As promised, we have returned and the dress you so graciously sold us on credit was wonderful, a perfect fit! The little nightingale here was the talk of the restaurant, let me assure you." He leaned down to kiss the cheek of the bewildered looking woman, ignoring the manager for now. "I believe it was 50% I promised, in addition to the full price of the dress? Well let's settle up then, and another 50% tip on your commission for being so understanding at the time." Pulling his wallet for his jacket pocket he smiled as he pulled out a card, handing it to the manager. "Could you take care of that for Ms Natalie, please? I'd like her to recommend some more clothes for my guest here, if you wouldn't mind, we are running low on clothing she likes it seems. You wouldn't believe how she complained at the lingerie I had prepared for her."

Last edited:
Ava made a face when Christian asked her if she had tried to eat one while it was still alive. "Somehow I doubt that" She knew it was a joke, but what likely would happen or Christian's version. It made her stomach roll uneasily and effectively killed her hunger. A frown pulled at her brows and she tried to consider what she could offer and come up with, nothing... Ava truly didn't find the fact he needed blood bothersome, it was just the noise. Finally after a moment of trying to come up with something, she shrugged. "I really don't know. Anything I can think of is not something I think would be helpful." He didn't like to drink from a glass, or she'd offer her own every morning if he'd take it that way. Cutting the voice boxes and putting bags on the heads of the maids just seemed extreme. "Short of being willing to take blood from a glass or in another room..." Her eyes narrowed at him as she added a stipulation "Far away enough I can't hear it, I don't have any useful suggestions." Biting her lower lip she shifted in place. "If you consented to the first, I'd offer my own" It was all she had, not that the idea was appealing. It wasn't even feeding him that was what made her shy away from the idea. Ava hated needles and didn't want to cut herself every other day and she wasn't sure what constant blood loss like that might do to her; likely nothing serious if she altered her diet.

"No" She shook her head. "I already know you can't Christian." Her voice was softer, to shield him from that blow. "You are not that man anymore." Her thumb brushed along his cheek, trying to offer further solace. "I do know that, but you were once him. Time and life has changed you, but I did fall in love with that man when I was small. I want to see who he became" She wasn't in love with him now, she was in love with someone who had died a long time ago. She snorted softly and wrinkled her nose at him playfully. "Who said it was going to be easy. Are you telling me the human girl is more ready for the challenge?" She bit her lower lip and nodded. "Thank you for that. Like I said, I was upset, but not considering the other half isn't a surprise. Like I said, in your place I likely wouldn't have either." She rolled her eyes and slid into the car as he put on the display for Dante, she wasn't sure if it was serious or not, it seemed almost playful and Dante had promised that Christian wouldn't hurt him for that offer.

Returning the smile offered, Ava turned to Christian as he spoke, giving him her full attention. Her eyes narrowed as she considered his words. In the end, she already knew her answer. Shaking her head she sighed. "I will take it. I betrayed his trust" Her words were soft. Had Ava known a better way of reassuring them both that she was staying for more than their reasons, but her own, she would have; she didn't have one though. She didn't need the time offered when she knew no matter what else was said she would still take the punishment. She let silence fall between them, her fingers twisting together in her lap as she watched the darkened scenery pass by. As they neared the shop Ava's eyes turned towards him once more. "Little point in warning anyone when I could have run, dummy" She allowed him to help her out of the car and ignored his little vampiric display with little more than a roll of her eyes and sticking her tongue out at him. He was being silly, in her defense.

Inside she smiled at Natalie softly, her friends eyes wide, other emotions followed in quick succession. Relief, anger and then curiosity. Her eyes shifted from Ava to the man with her, trying to hide her confusion. "Um, you're welcome?" "Miss Renotte, you know we don't do that sort of thing here normally. Try and keep that in mind next time" "Yes, I am sorry sir, but it was an emergency" Natalie looked back to Christian. "I am glad you both liked the dress. I know It was a special occasion." Ava watched the exchange with mild amusement, her friends eyes wide once more as she tried to stammer out a response. The manager looked between them all. He had been in the same boat as Natalie to a point. His face had held confusion, anger and then delight as the dollar signs danced in his eyes.
"But of course!" Ava stepped away from Christian and motioned with her head for Nat to join her. "Oh, um.. I'd be happy to!"

The two females walked away talking softly. "Where were you?! You swore you'd have the dress back last night! You never showed, I was so worried" "I'm sorry, I sort of.. got whisked off my feet" Ava didn't like lying so she added in bits of truth for her own benefit. "One might say he took my breath away" Natalie looked to Christian, trying to be subtle "So he is the guy who wanted to buy your painting?" Ava nodded and wandered further away. "Yes... He.. wants me to stay with him for a while" Nat gasped and took her arm dragging her further away. "Why? Is this like some weird sex thing?" Ava laughed and bit her lower lip. "Mmmm... yes and no." Shaking her head, Ava smiled softly, trying to reassure her friend. "I think there might be some of that at some point, but for now" She tried to figure out the best way to put it to soothe Nat. "Think pretty woman, but I am not a prostitute" "That was still sex! Are you getting paid?!" Natalie's voice carried and she blushed brightly. "You're okay?" Ava looked past Nat to Christian, before nodding. She was still looking at him while she spoke. "Yeah, I am. I want to try this." Looking back to Natalie she poked her stomach gently. "Besides, seems we get to shop." Nat laughed and hooked her arm through Ava's. "Okay then! Let's make his wallet cry if he is going to steal you away like Richard Gere"

The two picked out outfits and headed towards the dressing room giggling softly. After some debate they decided to have Christian choose. "Pick a number one through eight!" When he answered with
seven Ava picked up the ballgown they had picked up for fun. Biting her lower lips he made a face at Nat, who had picked the dress out. "Come on, you heard the man" Undressing Ava laid her clothes on the bench before stepping into the champagne colored dress. It was satin, soft and against her skin it took on a golden pink hue. The dress left very little to the imagination as Nat zipped it up the side. It clung to her breasts, hips and ass... At least it did after Nat pinned it into place. If he bought this dress, they would need it altered some to fit her smaller figure. It was meant to be worn by someone with more curves than Ava, but once Natalie was done it looked perfect. "Go on, make him swallow his tongue" The door opened and Ava stepped out, the train of the dress slithering behind her. Blushing she slowly turned, showing off the daring back to Christian.

While they were driving towards the store, Christian was deep in thought, mostly about the offer Ava had made. It was a tempting one, and he wasn't completely against drinking from a glass but...it wasn't the same either, and the first time he drank from her he imagined it being more intimate, closer. He didn't want to just...drink like that. It did change the flavour, it changed how it felt to feed, it changed so much, and the more he thought about it the more he rebelled against the idea of accepting her offer. "No...as kind as it is to offer yourself, I don't think I would be okay just taking all my meals from a glass. I already told you that the first time I taste your blood I want it to come from you...and willingly at that." He gave her a meaningful look...even if she didn't get it herself there was an intimacy to feeding. He felt it even with Amalia and she was just a maid. They had flirted, they had fucked even, and he was fond of her like he was with all his staff but in the end of the day that was all she was and even they shared moments like that...the thought of losing that with somebody he actually wanted it with was too much. "I wouldn't give that moment up for anything. For now I will feed elsewhere, far away from you so that you don't need to hear it...and if I do feed at breakfast I will take it in a glass, but not yours. With you, I..." He let himself trail off, instead focusing on her acceptance of the punishment, chuckling and shaking his head. "Somehow I knew you would agree to that one. Now, the real question is do I abuse this power I now have over you to get what I want, or do I give you more fair choices?"

Sitting back in the car, he smiled as he looked towards the driver's mirror, meeting the eyes of his servant.
"Thank you, Dante, for your assistance I suppose." Dante, for his part, merely rolled his eyes, continuing to drive and looking towards Ava in the mirror. "Well that wasn't my intention but...thank you, Cherie, for taking my 'punishment' for me..." Still with the French accent, he was smiling as he drove them towards the store. "So brave of you to put yourself in his hands knowing the kind of things he likes..." It was all he could do not to laugh at the trap Christian had laid, knowing her personality there had been little chance Ava wouldn't have volunteered and they both knew it. Even as they pulled up to the store and he helped her out of the car, Christian had still been grinning. "Do you think calling me a dummy is a wise idea when I have yet to devise your punishment, little nightingale? Perhaps we should start with a spanking..." Not even serious, he was still in good spirits as he marched inside and spoke to her friend, handing off his credit card to the manager, though he reached out to grab the man's wrist as he was about to go ring up the cost. "Maybe you don't do that sort of thing here but let me be clear, Mr..." he glanced down at the manager's name badge. "...Meyer. If she hadn't done what she had, I would not be here about to buy up a large selection of your goods with a generous tip to boot, for both her and yourself, and if I were to find out that she had been punished or treated differently in any way for her kind spirit and generosity, well...I might be tempted to speak to the owner and have such an inconsiderate person replaced immediately." He smiled at the manager, the smile somehow managing to stop before it reached his eyes as he released the man. "Thankfully I doubt anybody in this fine establishment would be so foolish, it's clearly ran splendidly and the staff are no doubt well taken care of here." The threat had been thinly veiled and perhaps unnecessary, the manager had already shown signs that he was more than pleased with the prospect of more purchases but Christian had promised to take care of her friend, and was having a great deal of fun trying to embarrass Ava in front of her. He didn't often show off or flex what he had managed to accumulate in his lifetime, preferring to stay in the shadows so now was as good a time as any to have some fun, his mood no doubt playing into it.

Turning back to Natalie he had smiled, more genuinely this time.
"Yes, it really was a special occasion, and a special dress! I really must thank you for being so kind...perhaps one day you can join us for dinner?" As he was speaking Dante was walking into the store, stepping up a few feet behind Christian and standing with his hands held together in front of himself, waiting. "Anyway, I'm sure you two would love to catch up..." He nodded towards Ava who was already gesturing for Natalie to follow her and let them go, listening with a smirk as she tried to explain where she had been, his vampiric senses not missing a single word as he turned to Dante. "So...you were going to let her go, were you?" Raising his eyebrow, he was still smiling as he spoke. "Ah...yes Sir, but I didn't honestly think she would, it was more to prove a point to her...that if she wasn't going to leave, why fight so hard to hate you?" Looking back at them, Christian nodded, offering a wave as the girls looked back towards him giggling and gave them his selection. When they left for the dressing room he turned to some of the items on display, his fingers dancing over some of the more risque lingerie available while he spoke. "Well thank you...though you could have at least told me. I don't think she would run either...we seem to have an understanding, though what that is I'm not sure...I don't feel like I am holding her hostage anymore and yet...something still feels strange. Maybe if I hadn't taken her in the first place..."

"Then you would not be here now, non?" Dante finished the sentence in a way it clearly wasn't meant to go. "No point in dwelling on it, Sir. You did kidnap her, and for better or worse here you are." Christian sighed softly. "Yes, but now it's just another stain on what we could have, like her likeness to Isidora...another thing I will never be able to undo. I swear it's why I like her eyes so much...they are different. They aren't hers..." He was still talking when they emerged and his hand dropped down from the panties he had been running it over as he took in the sight of her. The dress...it flowed, looking more like a pure, golden liquid being poured over naked body as it draped from her, clinging to her every curve before pooling on the thankfully pristine floor as she moved and the way it showed off every contour of her body. He was speechless for a few moments as he stepped closer to her, his eyes dancing over her, each time they passed finding a new place to linger. He was just a couple of feet from her as she turned and his eyes traced down her open back and over her ass, following the dress down again to the floor and then back up. Stepping even closer his fingers found her shoulders and he couldn't stop the soft growl that escaped him, loud enough to be heard thorough the store. "Ava, you look..." He paused...he didn't need to breathe and yet he felt the urge to take a deep breath anyway, so he did. "...perfect. Beautiful...I want to throw a ball just so you can wear it..." He guided her with his hands still on her shoulders, turning her purposefully to face him, smiling at her blush. "Yes, this one. Buy it...and more. I want to see more." He managed to tear himself away from her, looking up towards where Natalie was standing back. "How many more are there? I want to see them all, the rest of the night can wait."

Had Ava expected him to change his mind about drinking from her, not really no, but a small part of her had wished he'd have agreed to share breakfast with her more regularly. She did understand that it lost something, not coming from the vein; though what exactly she was a bit more fuzzy on. Ava did miss the subtle implications and rather than say anything in response to his plans, she had just smiled softly and inclined her head before accepting the punishment in Dante's stead. Frowning softly, Ava's eyes met his. "If I wouldn't punish you for your actions, you knew what my answer would be" Looking out the window she fell silent. They both knew of what she spoke; the night before in the bathroom. She had soothed him then, with no other reason than she didn't like hurting him. Her eyes shifted to Dante's in the mirror, her pretty eyes rolling. She blush and shrugged at his comment looking back out the window. "I betrayed the trust you put in me" Had she not and Christian found out some other way? Dante would have been on his own.

She shook her head. "Do you want me to cower before you because you have delegated a punishment? Besides, I was not the one giving the pointless warning" Ava could have been scared of him, but something told her one way or another, whatever he would do to her now, would have happened at some point. She'd just accelerated the timetable. It wasn't even bravery, for some reason, even with everything she knew, everything he had done thus far... She found it hard to be scared of someone she felt she knew, or rather had known. It was likely folly, even her mind whispered it to her; be careful, don't poke the beast too much, for the beast is likely to bite. A smile had lingered on her lips well before Christian had started threatening Nat's manager. For some reason, this made her smile grow while her friend shifted uneasily. Natalie bent to whisper in Ava's ear, her short black hair brushing her cheek. "Can.. he do that?" Ava had bit her lower lip and nodded, trying to keep from laughing. When he nodded to her, Ava maturely rolled her eyes and pulled Natalie along.

The first gown Christian had picked, solely based on by number had gotten her a rather thrilling response. Ava blushed as Christian complimented her, said he wanted to throw a ball just to have an excuse for her to wear it. The growl had not been missed by anyone within the store and also was a large reason for her blush. Her chin had dipped to her right shoulder, lashes lowered demurely. There was that tingle of what if he meant Isidora, but Ava pushed it away. Dante had been right, but that fear was harder to squash than he made it seem. Turning at his gentle instance she'd bared the back to him. The dress had no back, and dipped dangerously low on her slender frame. Natalie watched the interaction with the hawk like attention of a mother, she saw the blush in Ava's cheeks and the shyness that lingered around her like a perfume. She could see the way the man gazed at Ava as well. He seemed willing to dote on her, but there was something that she couldn't place her finger on. When addressed, she looked up and smiled sweetly. "Of course" Guiding Ava back into the dressing room she pulled the curtain closed. "So tell me what is about him?' Nat's voice was a whisper, not that it would help with the vampire just outside hearing. "What do you mean?" Ava whispered back as Natalie began to unpin the dress. "Oh, uh-huh. Ava, I know you. You're a virgin for fuck sake" Natalie gasped and spun Ava toward her. "Aren't you?!" Ava had made a squeak of protest and gazed into her friends eyes. "Not.. that it's any of your business... But I still am" There was clear unease in her voice.

Rather than asking Christian for any other choices, Ava began to pick dresses and outfits at random. The next outfit was a pair of simple jeans, a brown corset that had lace panels along the front, a pair of heels and a brown leather jacket. She would do the same turn as she came out, showing off the back of the outfit, how the jeans hugged her ass. With each there was hushed whispering, Natalie pumping Ava for information and Ava dogging most of the questions to the best of her ability. "What does he do for work?" "He manages a few organizations" "What sort of weird sex stuff" "I don't know Nat!" "Does he treat you well" "It's been a day! But.. yes. I have my own room overlooking the water" "That's weird" "Why???" "Well, you like his beck and call girl, wouldn't he sleep with you" "I said I was still a virgin!" The next outfit was a black cocktail dress that cling to Ava's slender form like a second skin, the black molding to each curve of her body, with gold lace pouring down from her shoulders. It was clear Ava was a little uncomfortable in the dress as she tugged at it gently, as if willing the fabric to grow. "Okay, where does he live" "Near the ocean" Natalie had sighed at that one. Ava didn't like lying, but Natalie was relentless. As she changed into yet another outfit of slim black pants and a loose gold chemise "Well, what about school?" "I can take online courses" She had walked out of the dressing room before Nat could ask another question. Another few outfits later Ava was starting to wane under her friends over protectiveness. Lack of food had Ava swaying in place in a lovely little sky blue corset dress with delicate ivory detailing. with a pair of nude lace heels, the stress and hunger causing her to to stumble as she walked forward. Losing her balance Ava started to fall, behind her Natalie gasped.

It was like falling in slow motion, Ava searched for something to stop herself, but nothing was within range. Natalie was hurrying to her side, her name coming from her lips "Ava!" Her head turned towards Christian, one hand reaching out to him. It wasn't even his vampire speed that she sought, just the protection she knew would come from him. There were piles of other things to try on. A lovely pink cashmere sweater, shirts, shorts, dresses and all with their accessories. She'd wanted to make it through all of them, drawing her time out with her friend who she might see for a year, while getting small delights from each reaction Christian gave. It had all hit her suddenly, Ava had felt fine and then wasn't.

"Miss Ava, I don't consider my trust betrayed...I knew what I was doing when I made you that offer." Dante had smiled warmly at her in the mirror as he drove, fully aware that she had just walked into Christian's trap, but he wasn't about to try and intervene, he had done enough for one night. Besides, maybe it wouldn't be so bad...he knew Christian might ask too much of her but something told him that wasn't going to happen, that he might push their boundaries a little but Ava had been right about one thing; Christian wasn't going to earn her trust by abusing it every chance he got, he had to at least play by a set of rules. Christian himself had still been smirking and had chuckled, shaking his head. "Well you could at least pretend you're scared of me a little...I mean I am a sadistic vampire with an arsenal of restraints, paddles and floggers at my disposal, and you did just say I could punish you...and didn't even name any limits." He had reached over and laid his hand on her shoulder, a sparkle in his eyes as he looked towards her. "Maybe just a little fear would be nice!" Despite what he said, he really didn't want her scared and had no intentions of really hurting her. Hell, he had no idea what he wanted to do to punish her now that he could, and he certainly didn't think she deserved to be truly punished. "Brave little nightingale..."

In the store he had enjoyed his little interaction with the manager, flexing his power so to speak, and the way her friend had whispered to her, no doubt assuming she wouldn't be heard. As the manager had walked off, card in hand held like it was made of solid gold, he'd smiled at Natalie. "I have no idea if I can do that or not, Miss Renotte, but I don't think he wants me to find out. If he does give you trouble though, give Ava a call, you'll be taken care of." The implication that Ava would have access to her phone was probably not lost on her but Christian was already taking a much larger chance having her in the store, and she had the chance to run, Dante had seen to that. In his craftiness, his servant had freed him up a little...which he figured might have been his intent all along. Dante always had a way of knowing how to get Christian what he wanted, regardless of how he went about it which was why he knew he wouldn't be in trouble. Watching them leave until they returned with the first dress, he had plenty of time to think about it. Allowing her the phone wasn't too far from letting her take those online courses, and doing that why should he have many restrictions on her at all? Of course, she was still his...for a whole year if he followed his own rules and didn't do anything...untoward...without her permission, but he was quite sure he was capable of at least that much. The first dress...when she had looked away, lowering her lashes from him he had reached for her, cupping her chin and making her look back up towards him, in awe of how incredible she looked, how...flawless. "No...let me see your eyes. I like your eyes..." He hadn't elaborated, his voice had been low, concerned with others hearing, hypocritically since he had been listening on every word spoken between her and her friend.

Each outfit that followed had been different enough that he had made small comments, while enjoying eavesdropping on their conversations in between with a smirk. When she wore the jeans and corset he had chuckled, taking her hand and spinning her round for him, his eyes roving down to her rear, not even trying to hide it from Natalie.
"Casual but still smart, I like it." When she came out in the cocktail dress he had pulled her close, smiling as he brushed her hair aside with one hand, the other falling to her waist like he was about to lead her in a dance. "Sexy...you're going to turn heads for certain in this..." Every outfit was met with a similar comment, until she came out in the short red dress and he had growled again, smirking. "Red was always my favourite colour...probably because of all the weird sex stuff..." His eyes had flashed up to look at Natalie as he said it, unable to resist teasing them even if he was mostly joking, taking Ava's hand and pulling her towards him, spinning her so that her back was pressed against him. Leaning down he whispered in her ear while she faced towards the changing rooms. "I do like your friend...I think she cares for you a lot, little nightingale...so I've decided you may stay in contact. Seems silly to deny you such things when you're so willing to not flee, does it not?" He knew it wasn't the biggest surprise, he'd already hinted at it, but he felt he wanted to make it known that he was already fond of Natalie, of their relationship. It was...cute. He wasn't used to watching women interact, not as friends, the entire conversation had amused him. Releasing her, he let her go back to try on the next dress, and when she was walking back over to him, he saw the stumble almost before it happened. He saw the flash of panic on her face, heard Natalie gasp, saw her start to fall towards him, reaching out for him.

Even for a vampire he moved fast, one second he was standing back, watching her, then he was right up against her. One hand was on her waist, holding her firmly, the other had found hers, fingers interlaced as he squeezed gently.
"Ava!" His voice was low, like he was looking for something to threaten or blame for her fall when there really was nothing responsible at all, a soft growl to it as he guided her arm up and over his shoulder before using his free hand to scoop her up, carrying her towards the countertop where customers usually expected to pay. He didn't ask, didn't even look at the manager as he shoved several items from the surface to make room for her as he laid her down, almost daring the man to try and stop him. Fortunately, he seemed to have more sense, backing off after making sure the cash register was safe. "Dante, some water, please." Christian's voice wasn't as firm as it usually was, there was a slight shake in it like he was worried, and Dante nodded, tapping the manager on the shoulder. "You have water?" A moment to realise he was being asked and he complied, both men walking towards the back of the store while Christian brushed the hair out of Ava's face, a worried look in his eyes. "Are you okay? Are you ill?" He really didn't know much about her, hadn't tasted her so even if he could detect illness in the blood, which wasn't common anyway, he wouldn't have known...he'd known her just for a day, so what if she was sick and hadn't told him? Thoughts of her having a terminal illness ran through his mind, what if she didn't have long? What if it was something serious? He took the bottle of water from Dante as he returned, pressing it to her lips with a look that wouldn't take no for an answer. "Sir, I think she just hasn't eaten...she barely touched her breakfast..." Dante spoke quietly, with a soft smile that still looked just a little worried but also a little amused. "Did you eat well last night, Cherie?" Christian looked towards him, then back down at her, comprehension dawning on him. "This mo...oh, I see. When you left the dining room..." Guilt flashed across his features and he sighed softly. "Does that mean you're okay?"

Last edited:
Despite the rocky start to the day, Ava had actually been feeling better. From what she could only assume was playful flirting with Christian as he threatened her with the array of kinky toys or when he'd said a little fear would be nice. Ava did find it hard to fear him, a radical change from the night before, to be sure. She didn't know exactly when that had shifted. Perhaps after the shower, leading into this morning and how they had been together. She wasn't stupid, she knew Christian was likely very capable of hurting her, he even admitted to wanting to do such.. But harming her? No, she didn't think he would. Not now, with how things had changed. Oh she was still a vampire, that hadn't magically changed and if she was honest the concept was still scary, but she didn't personally feel scared. It still boiled down to Ava's doubt about Christian doing anything to actually harm her. Which left them in a place where she felt like she could tease him, like any normal human. How often did people treat him with that sort of ease? Something told her not many. In the end she hadn't commented, only shaken her head and chuckled softly.

Then there had been how he had protected and even talked to Nat. Further still, it had been what Christian had implied. It seemed her not fleeing given the chance was changing his mind on the restrictions. Ava had bitten her lower lip and smiled at him softly before allowing Natalie to herd her off to play dress up. Everything had been amazing since the first dress, the compliments, the way as she'd blushed and looked away his hand had come to cup her chin, cradling it as he told her he liked her eyes. Ava had blushed and smiled at him before feeling back into the dressing room. Each outfit Christian had something to say, sweet and charming. He had this way about him that drew her in, though she was willing to bet it would draw anyone in, his full attention. When Christian teased the girls Ava had gasped and covered her mouth to keep from giggling while Natalie's face had flushed crimson. She'd hit his arm gently
"Christian!" His name hissed.

Pulled into his arms, his lips pressed near her ear, his voice warm. Shifting a little against him Ava, snuggled closer her arms coming to rest over his, her eyes closing. "She does, we have been friends since we were little" her voice was soft. Chuckling her eyes opened and she looked to Nat with a small smile. "I still don't have any plans for such..
yet" Natalie smiled and averted her eyes, giving the two the illusion of privacy. They were actually kinda cute, Natalie couldn't help but observe. "Thank you.. Christian" He was trying and she could tell, she wanted him to know that she recognized it and was thankful for the effort. Pressing a kiss to his cheek softly, her lips lingered against his skin. His skin felt warm against her lips and she lingered for a moment before stepping out of his arms and heading back to the dressing room.

It was odd how quickly things could change. Their interactions from last night till now, being fine one minute to the next. Ava had felt it as she'd walked out of the changing room, the light headed feeling. Deciding to ignore it, Ava had walked closer to him and then her world had shifted, her body felt weightless for a moment. When you fall like that, time seems to slow and she hadn't looked for a way to stop herself, she had looked at him as darkness threatened her world. A hand reaching out to him. In truth, Ava didn't have any thoughts like 'Christian will catch me', she'd just been drawn to him. All momentum stopped and she found herself leaning against his strong frame, fingers laced with his. "Chr.. Christ..an" Ava was fighting to not faint. Pulled into his arms, she whimpered softly as her world began to move. Closing her eyes, they stayed closed for a long moment after being laid on the counter top. She'd heard the things hit the floor and smiled softly opening her eyes to find his worried face looming above her. "I am fine Christian"

Ava didn't sound fine as her voice trembled a little. She struggled to sit up and found Christian aiding her while holding the water to her lips. His look told her there was no room for argument. She took a slow sip and then another, shifting some in his arm to lean against it and his chest, her head resting on his shoulder. She still felt light headed, and leaning against the solid warmth of his body was nice. "Ava?" Natalie was looking at her concerned and Ava gave a small shake of her head. She knew what she was asking and smiled softly. "I was just a dummy and haven't had anything to eat" Looking towards Christian she blushed. "Sorry, I had a bunch of other things to try on.." She had wanted more of the sweetness that they seemed to be having, more like the morning had been. Her stomach gave an angry growl and she blushed deeper, turning her face into his neck. "You should take better care of yourself Ava" Natalie's voice held reproach, like that of an unhappy schoolmarm. Ava nodded some, face still hidden in the crook of his neck, the tip of her nose brushing against his neck. He smelled nice..

Christian was very much enjoying the show that Ava was putting on for him, the revolving set of outfits that she came out to model just for him. Every one he made his comment on, pulling her to him, twirling her, smiling, beaming at her. It was...a refreshing change of pace from what his life had been till now. It wasn't that Christian didn't have fun, he enjoyed himself a lot, he didn't have to work so much after all and there were benefits to having been amassing your personal fortunes for over six hundred years with no personal connections to hold you back, however...he'd never felt like he did right now. Like he had something to follow, a path that seemed to fulfil a different part of him. It came down to feeling human again...he normally felt like what he was, a vampire, an ancient being without a care in the world other than himself...when she hit him on the arm and hissed his name he felt like a man instead, like he was being chastised for the mischievous comments and he was grinning as he listened to her speak of her friend, glancing up towards Natalie herself. "I can tell you've been friends a long time. I'm glad you have somebody like her in your life...I can't remember the last friend I truly had, if any. Dante...Dante is my friend, I think." He had held her close as she snuggled back into him; he hadn't expected her to get closer but he wasn't going to turn it down, her warmth irradiating him, "That's good...I really would rather you didn't run before I got to know you better, though..." He chuckled as he released her. "It may be no less than I deserve. Go, go try on more outfits, I can't wait to see the next." He had let her go then, trying to distract himself from the very idea of her actually fleeing. He knew now that no, he wouldn't force her to stay if she did leave; he wasn't going to volunteer to release her, but he wasn't going to enforce her imprisonment either and if she left...he didn't know.

He wasn't left to think the depressing thoughts long as she returned with the next outfit and began to fall, catching and carrying her to the counter, only mildly concerned that he had just crossed several feet in the blink of an eye without a thought for whom was watching. Time had slowed for him, like he was alone with her for the next few minutes, he couldn't see anything but Ava, weakly speaking his name and whimpering as he carried her.
"Shh, don't speak, I have you. You're safe..." His voice was slightly strained as he spoke, like he was trying to convince himself but he wasn't entirely sure and something unfamiliar was growing inside him as he laid her down, watched over her until Dante returned with the water and helped her up to drink it, and unfamiliar feeling he was finding it hard to place. Somewhere to the side he heard Natalie speak but he didn't turn, wouldn't take his eyes off her as she told her friend she hadn't ate and turned towards him to apologise. The first thing he felt was relief...it washed over him, his serious, worried expression starting to shift to a wide smile as he shook his head at her. "You can try them on for me later, a private show, if you like...right now you're going to rest." He didn't want her to argue, and he wasn't going to give her the chance to do so either. "And if you don't, you'll find out what happens to girls who misbehave...don't think for one second that I'll go easy on you just because you collapsed, if you try to do anything but rest right now I'll take you over my knee in front of the entire store." He chuckled, reaching out to cup her cheek, his expression going softer as he leaned in to kiss her forehead, his voice lighter, quieter. "You worried me, little nightingale."

That's when he realised what that unfamiliar feeling had been. Worry. Fear...uncertainty. For a few minutes he hadn't been sure she would be okay and he wanted nothing more than that surety, something he usually had in everything he did. Even when a business venture was tricky, could go wrong he didn't worry about it, nothing ever came back to threaten him anyway but the thought of Ava being injured or ill, of losing her even if it hadn't even been close to happening had made him feel unsure in a way that he simply didn't feel. Trying to shake it off, he turned to Natalie, giving Ava a little space and leaving the water in her hands as he smiled at her friend. "Miss Renotte...it was a pleasure to meet you..." his eyes flickered towards the manager, standing back but still possibly within earshot even if Christian's voice was low. There was always the chance he would be listening, as useless as the man had been and he didn't want her friend to get into trouble. "...again." He was taking out his phone, reading out his own number to her and assuming she of course had Ava's. "Please, if you ever need anything contact one of us, but I really should go take Ava for something to eat before she worries us anymore, so if you could put all of the outfits on my card..." He gestured for the manager to bring it over and took the card from him, handing it to Natalie. "And have them ready, Dante here will pick them up tomorrow." He reached for her hand and lifted it to his lips, kissing the back of it like he had when meeting women at a ball or a dance, any formal gathering really. "Thank you for being a good friend to Ava...I hope we will meet again soon." Releasing her hand, he turned back to Ava and scooped her up into his arms, ready to dissuade and chastise her if she dared try to walk. "As for you, young lady, food. Say goodbye to your friend for now, call her later to make sure she knows you're okay. Dante, handle the payments?" Lifting her like he was carrying her into his bridal suite, he walked from the store with Ava in his arms, using his foot to nudge the door open as he carried her to the car and into the back seat, carefully setting her down and climbing in with her.

"I'm sorry...this is my fault." Closing the door, he looked at her with a slight frown. "You didn't eat because of me...my actions, that's why you fell. Because earlier you ran rather than have breakfast, because I..." He paused and sighed softly. "I didn't think." The driver's side door opened, Dante climbing in to the seat and turning to pass the credit card back to Christian who took it with a polite "Thank you Dante," slipping it back into his wallet. "Take us somewhere they do food...fast food. I don't care where." Dante was already starting the car, smiling back at them in the mirror. "Of course, sir, are you alright, Cherie? I think they have a McDonalds with a drive through near here." Grinning at the idea of taking Christian to a McDonalds, he thought it best not to rub it in any further. "Your friend is very nice, she said she will have your clothes ready by tomorrow, I will pick them up before the sun sets." Starting the car, he started to drive them towards the restaurant.

Last edited:
Cradled in the crook of his arm Ava looked up at Christian. She couldn't feel the unease, but noticed the change in him, a hand rising to touch his cheek. "I know I am" Her voice was so soft before she laid her head to his shoulder. Ava knew it was more than hunger that had caused the near faint, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to tell him. Any time she had told someone in the past, their behavior to her had subtly changed; Nat was a perfect example. Natalie had once been more rambunctious with Ava, the two inseparable and constantly on the move. She had been fifteen when she'd found there was something wrong with her heart, it wasn't too bad, but the doctors warned in time she might worsen. Ava had been told to take things easier. Nat had become less like a sister and more like a mom after that. Ava knew it came from a place of love, so she had never been able to tell her life long friend that it bothered her and Nat hadn't been the only one. Everyone changed just a little when they found out. They would insist on things, whether or not she desired to do them. It was often for your own good suggestions, but Ava wanted to decide that herself rather than be more or less forced.

"Yes Sir" her voice was soft, playful as he told her she would rest. This sort of change is what scared her. She had almost fainted, but when such things could happen at any moment, it made everyone treat her like she was fragile. His threat drew blush to her cheeks and she shook her head some "I wouldn't dream of it" Her voice still held humor but something in Ava seemed sad. It vanished as quickly as it appeared. She turned her head into his palm, brushing her lips against it as his brushed against her forehead. "Sorry, didn't mean to" Cradling the water in her hands she smiled softly as Christian said his goodbyes to Natalie . She liked how he was with her, he seemed... nice. This made her smile grow some, Christian was nice. At least to her... now. Biting her lower lips he bit back a giggle. "I will. You better take good care of her with.." Natalie's eyes met Ava's and Ava shook her head, not wanting her to finish her warning. Always the mother, Natalie would tell him well before she had a chance. "With making sure she eats" It was clear it wasn't what she had meant to say, but Ava was her best friend, she wouldn't betray her like that. Blushing as he lifted her hand she nodded. "Better! You can't keep her all to yourself" This warning was far more playful and Ava rolled her eyes. "I will set up a tab" She looked to her manager, who nodded, though almost reluctantly, afraid to deny the man such, but the girl was wearing thousands of dollars. "And put that and all the other clothes on it for tomorrow"

"Christian, I can walk.." Sighing she fell silent at the look on his face, linking her arms around his neck. Looking to Natalie she smiled softly and said obediently "Bye Nat, I will call you later" It wasn't long after that she and Christian were alone in the back of the car, still settled in his lap. His words made her frown and she wondered if she should tell him. "I could have asked for something to eat before we left, I am sure. It's not your fault" The last words were firm. She wasn't ready to tell him and she hoped he'd forgive her for that. Shifting in his lap, she leaned up and brushed a soft kiss to his cheek. "I still don't blame you for that, I don't think you should blame yourself. I am pretty sure in your place I wouldn't have considered it either. It's like.. drawing your next breath" She smiled some "You don't wonder if the next one will offend me do you?" Her fingers at the back of his neck, played with his hair absently. "No you don't, because that would be insane. You just take the next breath. Eating for you is the same. You have done that very thing for.." She paused, brows wrinkling. "One hundred and nine thousand and five hundred days.. give or take some'' She stuck her tongue out playfully "It's habit"

Biting her lower lip, looking down at the blue dress and heels she looked to Christian with a smile. "I will eat, but not drive through, I want to go in. I promise to not faint in the short drive" Something told her McDonald's was not a place he ever went and getting the vampire inside one was now a small goal, Christian made a sound, but finally nodded. Looking to Dante she nodded "I am still feeling a bit light headed, but food will help" Ava smiled softly and laid her head to Christian's shoulder. "Thank you Dante" The drive didn't long from the shop to the McDonald's and as Dante pulled up to park she wiggled from his lap and exited as Dante opened her door. One hand was held to Christian, fingers lacing with his. She could see from here the McDonald's was packed. Families, teens, children and elderly sat within and the closer they got, the more apparent the noise. Giggling she smiled as Dante opened her door once more and pulled the reluctant vampire in behind her. She could tell by Dante's grin he was just as amused.

Standing in line, she wondered what to order for them. Shifting ever so slightly she leaned into Christian's side, both wanting and needing the support. Their tun came and she smiled at the young man behind the till. He, like everyone else, eyed them with curiosity, her in her fancy dress and Christian imposing behind her with Dante in the rear. "Hi, I would like one number two, one number one, one number five and a chicken nugget happy meal. Oh, and a chocolate shake. Pretty please" She smiled at the young man and watched as he paled, gulped and nodded. She tipped her head back and frowned at Christian, assuming it was his fault he'd blanched. "Be nice" She hissed. She'd ordered for them all, figuring they could pick before she did and she'd eat what was left. She looked to Dante who had a big smile on his face. Nodding, he paid then moved to the side to get their drink "Sweet tea please Dante" was called out before tugging her vampire to a seat near the children's playpen.

Christian had smiled as she had laid her head on his shoulder, the moment was intimate for him in a way he rarely got to be, but he was worried about her too. He hadn't expected her to fall like that, even after not eating it didn't quite feel right, like something else was going on that he wasn't aware of. He'd hold her close while she had gathered herself until he had turned to Natalie, chuckling at her friend's insistence that he take good care of her, as though he wouldn't have done so already. It was endearing, he'd smirked as he glanced back at the girl on the countertop, nodding. "Of course I'll take care of her...I swear she won't be hurt in the slightest so long as she is in my care..." He grinned, flashing a smile at Ava that Natalie wouldn't be able to see. "As long as she behaves herself, that is." Had he needed to make the threat so close to the spanking joke he had made? No, absolutely not, but he had wanted to, and he had a feeling she wouldn't argue against it or even mind right now. Shocking her friend was quickly becoming a hobby anyway, he was enjoying the reactions he had gotten, and as he lifted her up, glaring at her as she tried to tell him she could walk, he hadn't needed to look back as he left her friend to deal with Dante. "Behave yourself, you can walk when I tell you that you can, for now I will carry you." The tone was stern, softening as he added before leaving the store. "You fell, Ava. I'm not risking that again, we are going to go find food for you." He hadn't missed the way Natalie had looked at her and clearly changed what she was going to say, he wasn't that oblivious...something else was wrong here, other than the lack of food, and he was torn between asking her outright and letting her have that secret. In the end, he resolved to keep a closer eye on her; when she wanted him to know, she would surely tell him what it was.

In the back seat of the car he hadn't bothered to place her on the seat, keeping her in his lap where he could dote on her, his hand gently stroking up and down her back, his other going down to fix the bottom of her dress, pulling it down to cover her thighs better as it had started to ride up.
"It's not like I gave you much room for thought, to ask for food after upsetting you, Ava...so I still retain some of the blame. I should have insisted...you're like a pet, little nightingale." He chuckled, knowing exactly what he was saying. "You can't be expected to look after yourself, it's my job to make sure you eat properly, change your bedding, things like that." With her in his lap she was playing with his hair, something nobody else ever dared to mess with but Ava...she seemed to know she could get away with things like that as she asked to go inside McDonalds. Looking to her, then to the mirror, meeting Dante's amused looking eyes, he sighed, exaggerating the sound. "Fine...I don't see why we should go inside a place like...that...but if you're going to try manipulating me, playing all weak while insisting we go inside then you are to move no more than a foot from me at all times. I swear, if you try collapsing on me again I'm adding to your punishment..." With her head on his shoulder, he looked out of the window to his side, away from her, to hide his smile; it wasn't like he wanted to go inside what was undoubtedly going to be a very noisy, packed place with cheap food and terrible decor, but right now, with her held so close to him, he was happy enough. If he got to see her smile more, it would be worth it. As they pulled up he helped her out of the car and let her lead him into the building, his eyes wide as he looked around. Children everywhere...one bumped into him on his way out and he looked down, his eyes meeting that of the 11 year old looking boy, a blank expression on his face as the boy looked back up with a "sorry," before moving right on through the glass doors. A woman smiled sheepishly at him, shrugging her shoulders as thought to say these things just happen as she followed the boy out. The rest of the room was no better, the noise was a scrambled mess of parents trying to speak over shouting children playing with small toys, eating from colourful boxes and teens looking like they were hiding from the police as they whispered in corner booths. Sighing, he followed close by Ava, keeping her hand in his. "This...this is where you wanted us to eat?"

Standing in the line he let her order, his eyes on the man behind the counter as though daring him to say anything other than 'yes Ma'am' as he took their order, rolling his eyes as Ava turned to tell him to be nice.
"I didn't say a word!" His protest seemed to fall on deaf ears as he turned to see Dante smirking, glaring at him, daring him to laugh out loud. When they had finished ordering he grabbed their tray of food, being dragged to his seat, his eyes on the nearby playpen he managed to sit himself as far into the corner as he could, not unlike the teenagers on the other side of the room had all tried to do, looking down at his food. "This...what is this?" Picking up a box, he opened it to see...a burger. It looked like any other burger, perhaps a little smaller and dryer as he looked back up at Ava. "What on earth have you gotten us into? I get that this isn't fine dining but..." He picked up the burger and took a bite, grimacing. In truth, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either, he could have gotten something so much better if he hadn't been in a rush to make sure she ate. Reaching for the bright red box of fries, he picked one up, turning it in his hand as he looked at it before taking a bite. "Fries are...okay. Better than the burger." Around them he felt people were staring, probably because of how they were dressed, though even if he weren't dressed in a suit costing thousands of Euro's he would stand out as an imposing figure. Seeing some kids staring at him he tried smiling back at them, only to be rewarded by them practically fleeing away to the play area. Rolling his eyes again, he looked for the drinks as Dante sat down with them. "And which of these is mine? They aren't even labelled...what kind of hellhole is this?" He looked back to Ava, squinting. "I'm beginning to think you did this on purpose...was that fainting just an act to get me into this place? Dante, were you in on this?"

Christian's protective streak was actually kind of sweet Ava was finding. When he told her to behave, she had fallen silent with a sigh before doing as she was asked; in that sense, she was well behaved. She had said her goodbyes and been carried from the store like a princess. Curled in his lap within the car, he had adjusted her dress, another sweet little touch. It was these little moments that made her feel like this all could work. They'd fight again soon no doubt, but for now? She was content to be doted on by Christian in his sweet way. His words however, rankled, and she hissed at him in annoyance. "I am not a pet Christian" She was playing with his hair and debated yanking it; his tone however told her that he was playing. "Failed so far" was her snarky remark, one in her opinion he deserved if he was going to call her a pet. The conversation had changed and when she had asked him to go in with her to McDonald's to which he agreed, but not without threatening her should she moved too far from him. She had nodded solemnly and curled into him once more, more than content to snuggle up to him.

Leading him in, she bit back a chuckle at the teenager that had bumped into him and the look of resignation on his face at the sound. "To be fair, you said fast food. We could have gone to an actual restaurant" She corrected, hand still in his, keeping her from going too far, and therefore getting punished. "And yes, if we are going to get the food, we should enjoy the atmosphere" Ava took comfort leaning back into him while they waited their turn. When the poor boy had blanched and she had demanded he be nice her eyes narrowed. She lifted her hand, her pointer and middle fingers extended; pointing the two fingers at her eyes, she motioned between their eyes twice. I'm watching you. She had a feeling he'd done something, not said anything, which meant he wasn't lying to her... Rather he was playing to the rules very closely. She missed the glare but saw Dante's smile. In this, they were together in enjoying his slight discomfort.

Ava took a seat closer to the ball pit, wanting to be able to watch the kids. Should she fall in love with him, children were something she'd miss out on, more than likely. Not that she had been sure having kids was a good idea with her heart and all. Crossing her legs, she leaned back against her chair, one elbow on the table, her chin in her hand as she watched Christian, a smile on her lips. "That, my fine fellow, is a cheeseburger. Pretty self explanatory." She pointed to the bigger box "That is a Big Mac. It has two beef patties, all the fixing and special sauce" Ava laughed, and even over the din, heads turned to look at the lovely girl as she giggled. her face was bright. "You're such a snob!" She teased him with a huge smile. When the children fled from him, she slipped her hand onto his knee, palm up for his hand. Leaning into him some as his hand found hers she kissed his shoulder, a gentle soothing to any hurt at scaring the children. "You're big and dressed in all black." Her voice was soft and she leaned back, a small smile on her lips. "Or maybe they know you go bump in the night" There was mischief in her eyes, dancing playfully.

Looking to Dante she smiled. "Thank you Dante" Her words were sincere and she giggled again, shaking her head. Slipping her hand from his once more she pointed at the tops of the cups. The little bubbles along the top read cola, tea, diet and other. One was pushed in for coke, another tea and the last read diet. "Says here, see?" She took her sweet tea and pulled it back towards herself. There was also a chocolate milkshake on the tray Dante had brought. Wide eyed she tilted her head. "Looks like he is onto us Lumiere!" She winked at Dante and pulled the happy meal towards herself.

"I am sure you have eaten" This was offered to Dante "But you can have the other cheese burger or the Big Mac" She would have preferred the other cheeseburger but they were sharing. Opening her happy meal, she pulled out the chicken nuggets. They vaguely resembled shapes and there were only five. However that didn't seem to be what she was most interested in. A little searching and she pulled out a little black bag with a happy sound, near a squee. Tearing it open Vision tumbled into her hand. Smiling she lifted to him and pushed the button on his back, his hands moving up and down. Giggling softly she set it down before picking up a chicken nugget. Frowning she looked to Dante. "Sorry, but he threatened me with a more severe punishment if I went more than a foot, would you get me a honey?" Dante smiled and rose once more to fetch it. Pulling back the little foil top she dipped the nugget in and took a bite. It wasn't great, but it reminded her of her childhood. She dipped the other half in honey and held it out to him with one hand, the other underneath to catch any drips of honey. "Try?"

Ava was honestly being herself with him, no pretenses, no hiding. She felt it was good for him to go to places a normal human might go. Did she want to eat here every night? No... But it was a treat, seeing him interacting with others; with children even. It made her.. happy and it seemed to tickle Dante pink, which was an added bonus. Seeing him out of his element was likely not rare, so Ava was prepared to savor it.

Christian had chuckled, smirking at her and nodding his head as she hissed at him, either not reading the signals she was sending out or ignoring them completely. "Are you sure? You would make such a cute pet. I could buy you a little collar, and put you on a leash..." By his tone it should have been easy enough to tell he was playing with her, his hand still stroking her, petting her even as he held her in the back of the car. "Ouch...I suppose I'll have to be more strict then...wouldn't want to keep failing you, now would I?" He grinned, thinking briefly about how amusing it would be to insist on feeding her by hand ever morning now just to make sure she ate, until she regretted those words. Soon though, they had pulled up to McDonalds and he had been led inside, to the queue, then to his seat while Dante fetched the drinks and he had tried his best not to stand out, an impossibility considering what he was wearing, his stature, even how he carried himself stood out in this place. When she had leaned back against him he had at least had that, that contact being comfortable, making him smile, though it had been interrupted soon enough by her turning to blame him for the teenager behind the counter getting scared. All he had done was look the boy in the eye and refuse to look away as he had taken their order, as if warning him not to stare at Ava...Christian was well aware of how attractive she was, how beautiful she looked in her dress and the boy looked the sort to ogle her, the very prospect making him want to growl and scare the boy away from what was his. When she had turned and made the gesture that she was watching him, he had looked down innocently at her. "What? I did nothing...fine...watch me. I'm watching you too, young lady..."

In their seats, she had proven that she was indeed watching him as he took a bite of the burger and he had rolled his eyes at her. "If that's what you want to call this monstrosity..." Dante was arriving with the drinks as he spoke and he looked up at his servant as she giggled before looking back to her. "Though I hardly think it qualifies. It has the meat and the cheese for sure, but..." He peeled back the bun, looking at the patty. "Where is the rest of it? Do people like this kind of food?" Even as a vampire his taste buds were in full working order and he took another bite...it wasn't inedible but it wasn't juicy like a burger was meant to be, wasn't very well seasoned, wasn't very large either. The second bite wasn't any better than the first. "I know this is a popular restaurant but I can't for the life of me figure out why...hey!" He glared at her playfully, swallowing the bite before he spoke further. "A snob? What's wrong with me wanting better food than this...whatever it's meant to be? Dante, how much did they charge for this atrocity?" Dante had managed to seat himself, grinning as he reached for the big mac, pulling the box towards himself. "I don't think you want to know Sir...but it's not breaking the bank." Dante had eaten in places like this before, having spent a lot of time around the various towns they had visited he had never shied away from fast food, but Christian...as far as he knew his employer only ever ate at home or in restaurants on business deals, he had no reason to eat for sustenance so had missed out on fast food as a whole. "Remember the fries you had at that one place last month, when you were meeting with Minister Scheuer?" He grinned, pulling out the big mac and taking a bite, chewing and swallowing before he continued. "They cost more than this entire order...but I like this place. Maybe Miss Ava is right..." The growl coming from Christian told him it might be a bad idea to push it any further and he took another bite of his food, glancing towards Ava. "I dare say we might be busted...to think how easy it was to lure him here though, yes Cherie?," laughing as he stood to go fetch the honey while Christian reached down to take her hand from his knee.

"You better be careful...you're both on thin ice!" He raised his voice as Dante had left and was still scowling, albeit playfully, when he returned with the honey for Ava. "I know why they are scared...but that's not my problem. Children have always been scared of me but I don't spend time around them anyway." Smiling at her, he continued to eat his cheeseburger, amused as she opened the box and dug out a small figurine, raising an eyebrow. "That...is what you were so excited for? A small toy of a superhero?" He sighed and looked down at it on the table as she took the honey from Dante and dipped her chicken nugget, watching her take a bite before glancing at the offered hand, smirking as he placed down his cheeseburger. "Oh...well how kind of you to offer..." There was a glint in his eye as he grabbed her forearm gently and pulled it towards him, his fangs elongating as he moved not for the nugget but for her wrist instead. His lips made contact, followed by his fangs as he very lightly grazed her, could feel her pulse against him, his eyes turned towards hers before he chuckled again, pulling back and biting the nugget instead. "Mmmm...delicious..." It was clear he didn't mean the nugget but he hadn't bit her, merely teased her a little and he smirked as he reached for the milkshake, poking the straw through the lid and taking a sip. "See, this isn't bad at least...but if you really want chicken nuggets we have a chef for that you know..." Grabbing one of his fries and finding he was growing accustomed to the noise, he reached over and dipped it in the honey, grinning as he ate it before grabbing another. "At least the sauce is okay...you know we never did eat at that restaurant we met at, did we? Maybe I owe you a good meal..." He reached over to dip another fry into the honey, watching as a drop tried to fall from the end on the way back, his other hand flicking out with inhuman reflexes to catch it on the back of his hand before it fell onto her dress. "Close...best not ruin that when you haven't even had the chance to enjoy it, hmm?"

The teasing about her being a pet was mostly ignored, what other choice did she have? It seemed like answering had only provoked him. So instead she had rolled her eyes and hoped he'd forget; her luck vampire were like elephants and forgot nothing. Snorting softly, Ava shook her head and looked out the window. It hadn't been his fault, but christian seemed determined to take part of the blame nevertheless. How did one deal with a stubborn vampire? It was likely she would find out in time, but right now, she would it let pass. Had they been closer, she might have said what came to mind, that he hadn't and couldn't fail her; she didn't know if that was true though, so she stayed silent.

More and more she was sure he'd done something to scare the poor man behind the counter. What, she didn't know.. but it hadn't been her and she doubted it was Dante. "Uh huh. I am behaving here Sir. You on the other hand..." She trailed off, giggling softly. She was content even while they ordered to cuddle into him. Ava was finding things like snuggling with Christian was... pleasant. More so than that, she enjoyed being close to him. What caused that? Was it the idea she had of him? Ava couldn't help but wonder if this was how in some part he felt. Struggling with who she looked like, rather than who she was. It couldn't be easy. He was comforting now, at least. She wondered how long this little bubble would last.

Laughing again, Ava's smile was bright. "Nothing wrong with wanting better food" She looked at the restaurant and nodded to a small family. "Look at them" There was a mother, father, a boy of eight or nine and a little girl likely no older than six. They looked happy. "For me it's nostalgic. It's a place for a treat my parents took me" Her smiling face turned to him, the curl her lips soft. "So, while no, the food isn't great, it brings back happy memories." Chuckling Ava watched the exchange and rolled her eyes. "Was worth getting him in here" She was still giggling as Dante returned with her honey.

Her face softened. "I see" There was something sad there, but Ava distracted herself and him opening her toy. Looking to him she stuck out her tongue playfully. "Yes, it is." Christian was far separated from the little things Ava felt. There was simple, easy joy to be found in things like a stupid little plastic toy. It wasn't well made, was in truth a bit lame, but she enjoyed it nevertheless. "I didn't even get who I wanted." She had wanted Groot. She shrugged some and made his arms rise and fall with a smile, deciding then and there she was going to place it around the house just to annoy Christian.

Ava's breath caught in her throat as his lips brushed the pulse in her wrist and then the gentle scrape of his fangs. Blush rose in her cheeks and she bit her lower lip, staying still. He'd promised and Ava knew he'd hold true to his word, but it didn't stop her heart from racing. It was at that moment that she wondered if when he tasted her, if he'd be able to tell what she hid from him. It wasn't a disease, so not likely. "Christian" His name was whispered, there was something in her tone that even she couldn't place. She pulled her hand back when he allowed it and shook her head. "It's not the same, silly"

She watched as he ate his fries, dunking them in her honey. Even this was pleasant, an almost normal date. "It's just honey, I would hope it was okay" She smiled some. The idea of a nice meal with him sounded appealing too. "I'd.. " She gasped and looked at his hand. Picking up a paper napkin she licked the end, taking his hand in hers to rub the drip of honey from his skin. Had it been on his finger, Ava might have just slipped the digit into her mouth if only to tease the vampire who had done the same to her; licking the back of his hand didn't seem sexy though. "Thank you" Ava smiled. "And like I was saying, that would be nice. I was actually excited to eat there" She'd never been to a restaurant like that before.

Ava finished her chicken nuggets and then ate the other cheese burger. The fries she didn't touch, but she fished most of her iced tea too. Once the boys were finished she stood and leaned down to brush a kiss to Christian's cheek, lips lingering. "I know you said more than a foot, but I need to use the powder room. I promise to not faint on my way to, in or my way back" She watched him eye her suspiciously and chuckled. "I will be right back, I promise." Ava left, obviously taking care as she crossed the distance to the bathroom. Gone only a few minutes before she came back, extending her hand. "We should head to my apartment before it's too late"

Hand in his she picked up some of the trash and smiled as Dante frowned at her and moved away from him, refusing to allow him to take it from her. "Cherie" There was a disapproving tone to the name and she stuck her tongue out at him. "You can wait on me at home, but let me help here, please?" Dante eyed Ava and sighed. "Something tells me even there, Cherie, you will fight me on this as well" Smiling she winked. "Such a smart Candlestick" She teased him and for a moment Dante tried to look cross, but smiled and shook his head. Trash thrown out, the three left. Halfway to the car she stopped. "Wait, my toy!" Dante smiled and pulled it from her pocket. "He wanted to throw it away while you were in the washroom" She looked up at Christian, who looked down at her with innocent eyes. Narrowing her eyes playfully she took the toy from Dante and leaned in, kissing his cheek in thanks. Looking back to Christian she she made a playful humph.

Dante held the door for them both, waiting until she slid in, Christian slid in before closing it and climbing into the driver's seat. Ava shifted in her seat, head resting against Christian's arm as the car started. She let her mind wander. Things filtered through, like children, her condition, how she felt just being near him. A number of other small things, like where she should place Vision first, still clutched in her small fist.

"Me? What did I do?" Shaking his head, Christian had pulled her a little closer, glancing back up at the man behind the counter and rolling his eyes. "All I'm doing is standing here, if that's enough to scare people then what am I to do, hmm?" Even as he spoke, he got to hold her, and was finding that he rather liked keeping her close to him. It wasn't even a possessive thing like it normally would be...he just enjoyed her being near, he enjoyed touching her even though it wasn't sexual and he liked that she was feeling comfortable enough to lean into him, trusting enough. Given their short history, he didn't imagine that was easy for her, especially considering how aggressive he had been. In such a short time they had grown closer than he expected and while he knew it couldn't possibly last he was fully prepared to enjoy it while he could, the peace in the eye of the storm. Back in their seat, he followed her gaze as she nodded to a family and looked over, grunting as he ate another bite of his cheeseburger, if that's what she wanted to call it. "Happy memories then...such as?" He smiled as he questioned her, eating a few fries and trying to settle in despite the cacophony of noise around them. Even as she began to speak children ran past towards the counter, no doubt excited to eat some of this food, to maybe get a toy from the small meal that Ava had gotten for herself. He growled as she and Dante shared a look and a comment, flicking one of his fries at her. "I knew this was a trap...conspiring against me already...you two better be careful." He grinned and took another sip of his milkshake...despite how bad the food was the milkshake was actually rather good, he liked how cold it was and the chocolate flavour was rather strong.

When he had teased her, wrist in hand, he had felt her pulse, could feel it quicken beneath his fingertips even though she had to be aware he wasn't going to actually bite her...that damn promise was making it impossible to make her believe any different when he had been so insistent he wouldn't break his promises to her but he was going to stick by them anyway, though his tongue had darted out to flick against her skin, chuckling as he let her pull back, chewing the nugget before swallowing.
"Not the same? No, I could have better made up...or I could even have some of these brought over if you like them so much. I'm sure one of the maids would be happy to venture into town to get you some of this...food." The way he said food it was clear he still didn't like it very much, but the atmosphere...he could grudgingly see why she would enjoy it here, it wasn't what he liked, it was in no way quiet or peaceful, it was the exact opposite but he had to concede that might be where some of it's charm came from. He nodded as she agreed it might be nice to go back to the restaurant, glancing to Dante who was already pulling out his phone to make plans, efficient as always, and he chuckled as she asked to go to the bathroom. "Fine...I suppose you may have earned a little trust...but you know it won't end well for you if you dare to collapse while you're gone." He grinned at her, taking a sip of his milkshake which managed to make it look far less menacing than he intended. "You'll find I'll never let you out of my sight again. I may have to cuff you to me." Letting her go, he picked up her toy and moved the arms on it, squinting at it. "Would you like me to get you one too, Sir?" Turning towards his servant, Christian chuckled as he placed it back down. "Not you too, Dante...don't make me have to punish you still." An empty threat and they both knew it, Christian was harsh sometimes but usually fair, when the mood suited him. When Ava returned he rose from his seat, taking her hand after her brief exchange with Dante, looking innocently down at her. "I did not! I picked it up to look at it and that's all! Dante, tell her the truth!" Dante, smiling as he was kissed on the cheek, did no such thing, laughing and making sure they had left nothing behind as all three of them made their way back to the car.

The drive to her apartment building was only ten short minutes, with Christian happy to have her leaning into him, smiling down at her as she rested her head on his shoulder.
"Comfortable, little nightingale? If you aren't careful I'm going to start thinking you're warming up to me...first you pretend to collapse just so that I will catch you, then offering your wrist to me in a crowded restaurant and now you cuddle against me while we drive. Next you'll be inviting me into your bedroom..." Grinning he kissed the top of her head as they pulled up to the building her helped her out of the car, taking her hand again as he led her up to the apartment, this time not having to sneak through the old building. As they got to the door he released her and stood back, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a set of keys which he held out to her. "Yours, I believe? Don't worry...this time I'll let you open the door..." Looking around, he wasn't as concerned if people would be watching as he was the last time he was here the night before, remembering how he had grabbed her. "Just don't forget you have to invite me in...and do try to remember I owe you a punishment tonight, so it isn't in your best interest to play with me right now..."

Sitting beside Christian in the car, she closed her eyes and let her mind wander to their night so far. There had been fighting, tenderness, playful behavior. When he asked if she was comfortable she nodded. The kiss to her hair drawing a smile from her lips, the gesture sweet and at odds of what she thought about when she thought vampire. Hell, even Christian so far... He'd been a mixed bag, but it was a pleasant surprise, the sweetness. Her thoughts were interrupted as he extended his hand. Odd to think that last night she had come home, scared, only feeling safe within the building behind him. Her hand slid into his and she let him pull her from the car.

Had it really only been twenty-four hours, give or take a handful? Somehow, the night before seemed so much further away. The fear and then waking up in that strange bed. Her fingers laced with his and she allowed Christian and Dante to lead the way. It meant she could consider the things that were on her mind. His scaring of the boy behind the counter. Ava was sure he'd done something, even if it was that look. She knew he had one, someone in his line of work, with his... proclivities had the look. There was no way Christian lacked such a tool. When he'd questioned her happy memories, it made her wonder which he still had. Any from his life as a vampire? She knew he'd been happy with her doppelganger, so any after that? She couldn't help but feel sad to think he didn't have a memory that warmed his undead heart. Ava wanted to be part of what did that, the realization shocking. She wanted to be something that made him happy. That he looked back on when she passed, with fondness. She'd puzzled over his offer of having the chef, only named chef, would make her chicken nuggets or a maid would fetch them. With his position of power he could easily have them bend to his wish... Could she have him bend to hers? Could she ask him to go get her the meal himself? It was something likely many wouldn't think of, to have their love get them food. Perhaps she was being ungrateful? Something about the act of him going through the drive through, him, not Dante, not a maid... to order her food made her feel warm. But would that simple act change him? Or be more than he was willing to give her?

Looking up, finding herself in front of her door she nodded. "Yes" The word was simple and she took the offered keys. Her apartment was only hers, her first and had been host only to Nat... Pushing the door inwards she stepped in, slipping her heels off. "Please remove your shoes" Barefooted, they'd hear her keys hit the little ceramic dish just inside on the long, thin, dark colored table. "Please come in Christian, Dante" Dante didn't require the invitation, but she thought they both might appreciate the gesture. Above that thin table was an
ornate mirror, it's gilded scroll work antique looking. Along the table where little knickknacks: A bouquet of crystal roses that seemed like they glowed as the light from the hallway hit them as they lay on their side, or an empty vase at the other end, with the ceramic dish in the middle of the two. That little hallway was a clear indication of what would lie further within. Eclectic elegance. Turning the light on, overhead, the bulbs within a myriad of decidedly middle eastern style lanterns lit up. Along the floor was a worn Persian rug protected the wooden floor.

Her
living room was not much different, Another light flickered on and above them was nothing but string lights, their fat little bulbs glowing merrily. Two well loved leather armchairs were pressed back towards a wall to wall bookcase. Another antique rug lay between the chairs and a white couch; between the couch and chairs was a small slate coffee table. As they entered the room, they'd pass by a swing that was suspended from the rafters. The far wall that supported the windows was painted to look like realistic brick. When the sun was high, and you could see the ivy outside, it was charming. Beneath those windows were plants, bright green and clearly well cared for.

She vanished into another room. Her
bedroom had been given the same treatment as the rest of her apartment, though despite the ornate painting behind her bed, it was almost cleaner. The wall behind her bed was a vivid turquoise. The headboard of her bed was painted to match, with a chinoiserie painting along the wall, in white with little birds painted along the branches of the tree or in mid flight. Two wall sconces flickered to life and she looked about her room. The colors in the room seemed to follow a pattern: turquoise, white or this bright contrasting orange, which was dotted throughout the room here and there.

The only thing that didn't match that theme was a wooden
chest, carved from a pale wood. A hand brushed over the top of the polished wood. "Christian" His name wasn't spoken loudly, rather more like a whisper. She knew he'd hear her. Within was everything she had of Isidora; paintings and letters mostly. However she had a few other things. A broken ivory comb, as well as two embroidery. It was those which she held when he entered her bedroom. Turning she offered them wordlessly. She had reason to suspect that Isidora had been thinking of him as she sat there, carefully minding her stitches. The first was upon red linen, and showed a couple in love, the second showed the man from the first one a deeper red linen showed the man from the first slaying a dragon.

"I think they are meant to be the two of you, or.. for you" She smiled softly and sat on the edge of her bed, motioning to the chest. "It's yours, if you want it" Ava didn't seem too sad, as she watched him. They were letters Christian had written her, or she'd written back... drawings, portraits of him... "I don't think anyone thought we'd be able to give them to the man she once loved." She looked to the chest. "But it feels like they are more yours than mine" Rising she moved to leave the room, to see what all needed to be done. Dante could likely help her figure it out. She was sad, perhaps, just a little and it was more than that chest. This had been her first place, given to her by her parents and then Hans had helped her keep it. She'd slowly added to it year after year, making it hers. Her home and they would dismantle it and move it.

Christian had watched as she entered the apartment, wondering if she would even try to tease him with the knowledge he couldn't follow her inside, something he very much knew he would have done in reverse to amuse himself...but she didn't, she invited him and Dante in almost immediately and he used his feet to slip off his shoes as he stepped over the threshold he took a look around, taking in the many sights that made up the apartment. The decorations were...interesting, a mish-mash of various styles from what he could see, all with Ava's own unique 'flair' added to it no doubt, not that he knew her well enough to really recognise it as such. "Interesting...so this is where you lived before?" He ran his hand over a small plate which had a cute little bunny figurine on it, chuckling as he looked around for anything he could tease her with but quite honestly the apartment was...nice. Much bigger than he had expected too, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "Are you sure you need my money at all? This looks pretty spacious, remind me what it is you did for a living again, besides the art?" He wasn't trying to insinuate anything, just mostly making conversation as to his knowledge she hadn't sold many of her paintings before he had bought one, if any at all, and didn't she have college to pay for too? More lights came on as she moved through the apartment and he stepped up to the window, looking down at the plants, something he had never really had an affinity for but he recalled that Isidora had been fond of gardening too, as had her whole family. He smiled and looked down at the view from her apartment before he followed her into her room. The walls were garish, pale blue colour which to be quite fair suited the room and her personality even if it was something he would never even consider, the bed contrasting in a beautiful white and he grinned as he stood by it, looking to her. "I knew you'd be inviting me into your bedroom. Dante, you may want to wait outside for this..." He heard the dry chuckle from his servant who was still in the front room, no doubt wondering where they should begin to pack the items away.

As she drew his attention to the embroideries in her hands, he stepped close to look at them, his brows furrowing as he took one and then the other, confused until she mentioned they were meant for him, reality dawning on him. Isidora must have made these, he hadn't been around for much of her embroidery, something she had no doubt taken up after his departure but if Ava said they were hers then...he ran his hands gently over them before he placed them down on her bed, nodding silently before he turned to the chest, reaching to open it. At first he couldn't quite place the style, it was nothing like the rest of the room but it became pretty clear when she opened it why that was. His own handwriting leapt out at him, the bundles of letters and as she rose to leave he reached out to grab her arm, still staring at the letters inside the chest without turning to look at her.
"Ava..." What was he supposed to say to this? He supposed he should have known she would have this stuff, she had hinted at it, pretty much told him she had seen paintings of him, one of which he was pretty sure he could see peeking out from beneath the letters, he could see a journal of sorts, an old arrowhead that he knew he had made while training to be a blacksmith, mishapen and crooked, a sign of his lack of skill during his earliest attempts. All of it just served as relics to a past life that was no longer his own, linking back to a man that was no longer...him. "Thank you...but I think we went over this, didn't we?" He dropped the embroideries carefully into the chest and closed the lid, his hand still on her arm, holding her perhaps a little tighter than he would have under normal circumstances as he staved off the emotions trying to seep into him. Of course he felt something, looking at all of this, but he could sense something in Ava too, she...was struggling. If she was to become a part of his life, she would have to get from underneath Isodora's shadow and while just yesterday he would have been sifting through this chest, reading his letters and even the ones that looked like they were meant for him, letters he had never received, perhaps never even sent...he found that right now there was something more important to him in the room. He turned to her, pushed her back down to sit on the bed and stood over her, releasing her arm.

"Thank you, little nightingale. These are...it means a lot that you'd give these to me. It's...sweet...but we did go through this. I'm not that man anymore, remember? I told you I didn't think I could be again...these are meant for him, not for me. Dante!" He turned towards the door as the man appeared in the doorway, ever ready to do whatever Christian asked of him. "Yes, sir? Have you decided where we will start? I must admit, I don't know quite where to begin, there is a lot of things here..." Chuckling, Christian looked around the room again, nodding before he looked back down at Ava while speaking words clearly meant for Dante. "Take this chest, when we get home put it somewhere safe. I'd like to look at it in the future, maybe. Once Ava has fallen madly and irreparably in love with me of course." Smiling warmly, he reached down to cup her cheek and lowered himself to one knee so that he was on eye level with her. "Then...hmm. I don't know. Seems a little sad to put this place away like that but I want the mansion being home to you as well, Ava..." Sighing softly, he let his hand fall down to her knee, resting it there but keeping his eyes on hers. "Maybe...get the things you need, that you don't think you'd want to live without, and we will take them. Not too much, you don't want to exhaust poor Dante with him having to carry it all...and you're sure as hell not carrying anything...and then we will leave it for now." Rising, he turned and walked to the doorway, looking through it at the rest of her apartment. "In the inconceivable event that you manage to resist my charms for an entire year, it might be nice for you to have some place to come back to and I doubt the rent is outside of my means. Maybe you can ask your friend to take care of it for you? If not Miss Renotte then another you trust...just to water the plants, of course." It wasn't their original plan, but he was growing accustomed to changing his plans around her anyway and it would even save them time. Taking apart the entire apartment seemed like it might take more than just the three of them one night anyway. Turning back to her, he held out his hand, offering it to her. "Come on, show me your favourite things, I want to see how Ava lived her life." Dante was already slipping past him, moving to pick up the old chest and get out of their way, to give them some private time and Christian was more than eager to indulge her and poke around her room, managing somehow to avoid her underwear drawer already in the face of being more serious. Stepping closer to her, he offered her a smile. "Come on, try and smile for me? We aren't ending a life here...we are starting a new one, are we not? What is it they say?" He smirked, reaching for her hand. "Hakuna Matata?"

Christian came into her room as she called for him. She ignored the playful joke, still looking at the chest. This was all that was left of Isidora other than herself. It had been kept by her family for generations, a memento of the past; no one had expected Christian to still be alive. It felt like what was within the confines of the chest were more his than hers. Most, if not everything had been used as a model, been intended for him, or was his; letters, the embroidery and art of him. Ava thought it might be best to give him some time alone with his past and had headed for the door when his hand stopped her, her name on his lips. Turning, Ava tilted her head, puzzlement across her face. She smiled softly and let him push her to sit on the bed. She didn't answer him yet, wanting him to get this out of his system. Ava could guess what he'd say and as he began to speak, she knew she'd been right.

Ava shook her head, smiling softly, ignoring Dante for the moment.
"Christian, I... I know you had this past. While you're not him anymore. He was once you. You loved a woman, who loved you every bit as much." Her hand rose to touch his cheek, thumb brushing along his skin, feather light. "I know you loved her. I..." Ava took a deep breath "I trust you don't see me as her. It doesn't mean she didn't exist." She leaned forward and brushed a kiss against his lips. It was chaste. "But you can't just pretend you didn't have this past. Did not love. I am many things, however, I'd like to think I am not a fool, nor am I stupid." Her words were soft. "I have read everything, likely more than once." Her hand fell from his face and she sat back up. "I am not the only one in a shadow and yours may be harder to escape." She didn't mean that to be hurtful, but she knew once upon a time, the sort of love Christian was capable of. He'd changed, yes, but she knew she'd long for the man she fell in love with. The question was how much of that man was left. When his hand rose to her cheek, Ava nuzzled into his palm gently before it fell from her cheek. "Awfully sure of yourself" She teased.

His next words made her heart do a little flip. He'd let her keep this place? Her eyes shimmered with tears and she nodded, rising to her feet. "I just need one thing really" She moved to the side, to allow Dante to pass and Christian stepped in closer to her. Her chin tipped upwards and she chuckled and smiled, eyes closing as she did. A single tear ran down her cheek and she brushed it away. "Thank you Christian." This was yet another change of plans, somehow he knew how much this place meant to her. "You asked how I was able to have this place" Ava closed the distance between them, hugging him. She needed the hug and wanted it to be from him. "My parents left me this place and Hans currently pays for it. He said it was so I can focus on school, art..." Hiding her face against his chest she inhaled his scent. "I don't have much left of them, my parents." Sshifting she looked about the bedroom. "And I have spent almost three years slowly making it my own" Pulling away she smiled over her shoulder at him. "Closet Disney fiend strikes again" She wrinkled her nose at him playfully. "Like I said, there is really only one thing I can't live without."

Where had she left him? It took her a few minutes, but Ava found
Acorn sitting on the couch. Lifting him into her arms, she blushed softly and cleared her throat. "Wouldn't want to stress Dante out. I will carry him" Holding her free hand to him she led him to the swing. Gently pushing him into it, she smiled. "I love everything, it's taken me years to slowly make this place into a home, but beyond Acorn, this swing is my favorite thing in the apartment" It wasn't all she'd show him. Back in her bedroom was a small collection of antique perfume bottles and atomizers. She made a point of showing him her favorite two. One was a small teal colored glass atomizer, with golden accents and a lily. The other was a perfume bottle, clearly older made of crystal and gold. It had birds and flowers that surrounded the crystal and the stopper. Next was the kitchen, where she showed him her two favorite mugs. One was of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, it's black and white design of the Mad Hatter. The second was vintage and a pale purple, cream and gold tea cup, it's design was delicate.

Ava showed him her treasures one by one, sometimes telling him the stories behind her finds. When Dante came back, she was in the swing, Christian behind her. Her back resting against his chest. Seeing Dante she tipped her head backward and smiled shyly at Christian. "Lets go home" She was accepting that the manor was her home. At least for the next year. Though, there was a secret part of her that hoped he could pull this all off. Making her love him.. At least with what was left of her life. She didn't actually know how much longer she had. A small part of her told her she needed to tell him and she would... just not yet. She didn't want him to treat her differently, like she'd break.

"Ava, you silly little girl." Christian too was ignoring Dante as he moved the box out of the room for him, knowing he would still complete his task regardless while they talked. He didn't mind talking in front of him either, what he had to say to her he could say in front of him without worrying, completely trusting the man who had served him for so long. "I'm not trying to pretend I don't have that past, we both know I loved her, but...it was so long ago. Over six hundred years...I don't think it's dawned on you quite how old I am yet, how long I have lived. That's thirty times your entire lifespan and then some ago, I may still be him in a way, but in a lot of ways I'm not." With her hand cupping his cheek, she leaned up to kiss him and he wanted so badly to hold that kiss, to keep his lips against hers for longer, he almost followed her when she pulled away but he held himself back, his eyes saddening slightly as she told him the truth of it, that he might never be able to measure up to the man she had dreamt of, that he used to be. "I understand...I hate this though. That we both feel we are in their shadows...this isn't their relationship, we aren't them...it shouldn't matter. They shouldn't dictate what we do or how we feel. it's not fair to either of us..." Chuckling, he offered her a smile as he helped her up to her feet. "Yes, I'm sure of myself. I think you're starting to like me, little nightingale...you do realise you just kissed me on the lips right now, didn't you?" He grinned and reached for her cheek, his palm pressing against it while he brushed the tear away with his thumb. "Don't mention it. I've taken enough from you, remember? At least this I can give back."

Suddenly she was hugging him, and his arms collapsed around her, just holding her close while she explained how she had managed to keep this place. He had sensed it meant a lot to her by the way it was decorated but something left to her by her parents...and to think he had almost let her give that up just for his own selfish needs. He held her head to his chest, hand in her hair and looked around again, seeing everything again in a new light.
"That was good of him...but he doesn't need to anymore. I'll pay for it...hell I'll buy the building if anybody tries to take it from you." He wasn't trying to impress her or buy her, it was more that he wanted her to know that the apartment would be safe without her in it for now, that she wasn't going to lose it. Dante had returned and was standing in the doorway, and he nodded to him over her shoulder, watching the man pull out his phone and walk away, no doubt sending a message to the art curator that Christian would like to take over payments for the apartment. As she pulled away from him he smiled innocently, following her into the next room. "I'll have you know I heard that phrase in Africa on a business journey and I happened to like it." Watching her grab her stuffed animal, he chuckled while she blushed, reaching down to pet the small thing and raising an eyebrow as he was pushed into the swing, sitting and looking over at her. "Oh? Well it is comfortable. I do have a swing at the manor, but...it's a little different. You'd probably enjoy it a lot." Rising out of it, he followed her around the room while she showed him the items she loved, the perfume bottles, making a note that she would probably like if he got her some, until they ended up back in the room with the swing. This time she sat in it, and he stood behind her, pushing her gently until Dante returned again.

"Yes, lets." It was all he felt he needed to say as he helped her up and took her hand, guiding her back down to the car and helping her in, Acorn still in her arms. The ride back didn't feel like it took so long, the time passed in almost silence as he closed his eyes and pulled her into his side, just holding her there, but including everything they had done today a large portion of the night was already over. By the time they walked in the front door it was the early hours of the morning and he was still holding her hand, Dante was carrying the chest and immediately went to place it in storage. "So, you called this home. Do you really feel that way? I know you have only been here one night, and it's not the only place I own...it's just coincidence that I was even in this city when you put the portrait on display. I stay in others too...is that okay with you? Moving like that?" It was a thought that had only just struck him but very relevant, he didn't usually stay in one place too long. For her, he might be willing to make an exception but if she was okay with it he would want her to come with him. "I do have to travel a lot for...ah, for work. Some things need taking care of personally, some people I have to meet myself." Another thing that worried him, what he actually did to make his money, but that could wait for another day, he was in no rush to throw everything at her at once. Grinning, he looked down at her, releasing her hand. "Nevermind that for now actually...I do believe somebody agreed to be punished tonight. Hmmm...I should decide what to do with you...don't think I'll go easy on you just because you fell."

Back
Top Bottom