Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Personal Adaptation) [Ravnos & RoseThorn]

Her male vampire companion shrugged his shoulder, "Whatever, call me whatever you like, Sabrina" He spoke her name carefully and a with slight bit of empahsis, as if he was happy for it to be said allowed jogging his memory. "Spike is just a stage name I came up with, but I just prefer to keep anonymous in this city when possible. Just in case, you know?"

"We just got burgers, are you hungry?"
Jonna said walking back to the table where a few unwrapped burgers and greasy bags with fries spilling out sat. She could smell the food, but it really didn't register as such. The smell that once was delicious was nothing more than a nostalgic memory.

Dulce, the Mexican girl patted the spot next to her on the bench and gave Sabrina an flirtatious smile, "There's a spot right here for you, cutie. We can share."

Spike walked over to Sabrina looking bashful, "I'm sorry. I wasn't sure when they would be back." He took her hand and walked with her over to the table. "These are my bandmates, Dulce, Jonna and Lindsey."

"Hey,"
Lindsey said raising her chin non-chalantly in greeting, "Call me Z." She went on eating, looking like she was thoroughly enjoying the meal. Sabrina heard a thump under the table and Lindsey looked at Jonna incredulously, "What?" She asked with a mouthful. Jonna just shook her head. Sabrina also noticed Dulce looking at Spike with a slight amount of discontent.

"Yeah, Jack's only in the band because of Jonna. He's not even that good of a bassist," Dulce interrupted , "You have a girlfriend, Bonita?" She said in a lighter tone; her accent coming out stronger speaking the Spanish word. She leaned forward, her ample breasts being pushed up with her arms underneath them on the table, she actually batted her eyelashes and gave Sabrina her best smile.

"Oh yeah, and they are all gay." Spike's eyes rolled. "Lucky me right?" He said shrugging.

Lindsey leaned over after biting off a half of a fry, "Is she?" She asked him casually, though her eyes were waiting for Sabrina to respond.

Last edited:
Sabrina nodded a bit as Spike told him his preferences. Anonymity seemed to be his thing, but she decided she would keep calling him Spike. It was how she met him and it was easier to remember. Better to use the name Spike by accident than use his real name when he didn't want his name to be said. As she was offered burgers, Sabrina instinctively wanted to say yes like she would have as her human counterpart. But as she smelled the food she once craved, she found herself not really caring to eat it but relished in the memories of such things. She instead shook her head.

"No thank you, I ate before we came here," she said. It wasn't entirely a lie. She'd fed off that guy... she couldn't even remember his name anymore. Her life over the past few days have just been an absolute whirlwind of emotions and moments she couldn't comprehend fully but was just doing her best to survive through it all. As one of the girls called her cutie with that flirtatious smile, she was suddenly reminded of Jeanette. This girl put it on much thicker than she did, but remembering Jeanette wasn't an entirely pleasant memory for her. The way she had charmed her into working for the club that would change her life. Or... end it, she supposed.

Sabrina's blue eyes found Spike's as he walked over to her, nodding a bit with a small smile. "It's not a problem," she told him as she lead him to the table. "It's nice to meet you all," she said to the group, trying to be polite. Truthfully, meeting more people tonight wasn't on her agenda nor was it something she wanted, but she wasn't a rude person nor was she going to cry about it. They didn't seem like bad people and they weren't asking her to go collect bombs and money so... all in all it was better than what she woke up to.

She made sure to make a mental note of Lindsey preferring to be called Z before she made another mental note that Dulce didn't seem to like Spike. In Sabrina's mind, even though Spike hadn't remembered her name, he had helped her a lot so far. To her he was already becoming a friend to her so Dulce's words of discontent and her insults towards him turned her off to the flirtatious girl a bit.

As the question came up about her sexuality, Sabrina's eyes widened a bit. She laughed a bit awkwardly as she tried to casually shrug one shoulder. "I've never been with a girl before so... I don't know I guess?" she said, trying to be cool and casual about the whole thing. Inside, she was still battling the feelings that Jeanette had given her in the cage at the Asylum that night and how she still wasn't sure what her heart or body wanted. She shook her head, continuing speaking. "So... no girlfriend and no boyfriend either."

Sabrina had pointedly not sat down next to Dulce like she had offered, choosing instead to stand next to the table instead or to take a seat with someone else if there was room. Not only was Dulce a sore reminder of Jeanette but the way she'd treated Spike had turned Sabrina off. She decided she needed to get to know her first before she was comfortable being so close.

Z continued eating, focusing on her food as Sabrina responded to their inquiries, Dulce changed her posture almost looking a little dejected by the whole situation she started eating as well, but only picking at the fries. Jonna sat and listened patiently, only occasionally eating a single fry as she seemed trying to be overly polite. "Sorry, it's hard not to put the new girl on the spot. We all know each other too well and it's been a while since Jack has introduced us to someone new. We're also not used to having someone in our place. Everything is so strange since we left home." Jonna turned to look at the other girls who both exchanged a glance with her.

Dulce spoke up, "Strange is an understatement, but yeah... It's all been a bit fucky." She gave Sabrina and Spike a half glance before turning her entire focus toward her food.

"Yeah, that's my fault," Spike replied apologetically, "Kinda upended everyone's lives quite suddenly."

Jonna interjected, "No, Jack. Maybe it's because of you, but it's certainly not something you did."

Z finally spoke up, "We always wanted to come to LA anyways. You just kinda accelerated our plans. Besides, we have literally forever to straighten things out." When Z spoke up her voice was quite sultry and a hint of vocal fry.

Dulce shook her head at either of them and spoke fairly sarcastically with a hint of malice, "Yeah, not like finishing high school was important or anything." Then Jonna gave her a stern look and Dulce yelped, "Ow! Bitch." She replied to what was likely a kick under the table but did not retaliate physically.

That last comment from Dulce seemed to affect Spike a bit and he took a sigh now looking quite worn down, "Fuck, it's late." At that comment, Sabrina could also feel a drain on her own energy. Her eyelids became fairly heavy and she felt a bit sluggish. It was almost as if she could feel the sun cresting the horizon, as it rose the more tired she felt. He moved to sit on the couch he recently got up from and gestured toward his corner of the loft. "Would you want to sleep in my bed? I know it seems a bit weird, but it's damn comfy." He patted the couch as well, "It's comfy here too. So anywhere you pick is fine, you'll just get more privacy over there and I'm fine sleeping out here, I've done it before a few times."

When the girls started to bring up how things had changed since they left home, it kind of left Sabrina on a string of wondering if they... knew or not. They had to, right? There was a literal casket in the room and Spike had said that it was a joke between them. So like... they had to know. But... were they turned too? They're eating regular food but they could just be doing that because of the nostalgic taste. God, she couldn't just ask could she? That would be like... breaking the masquerade 101 right? She just decided to stay quiet as they spoke, choosing not to put herself in any sort of predicament.

Z said something about having 'literally forever' and it still didn't make the paranoid Sabrina loosen up on her imagination that it might not even mean they were turned. She would just ask Spike when they were alone. Much better to ask him then risk something absolutely terrible happening. When Dulce brought up finishing high school, Sabrina scoffed. It reminded her of that ugly catholic school she'd been in. Ugh, she still had the uniform in that dumpster just in case she ran out of other things to wear. It almost made her cringe thinking about putting that shit back on.

"School's a scam anyway," she said. "My dad never went to college and ended up getting a high paying security job just through experience. Never thought college was as important as people say since then," she said, looking over to Spike as she noticed how worn down he looked from the conversation. She frowned a bit but didn't say anything as he offered his bed.

It was nice of him but she just slowly shook her head as she walked over to the couch. "It's alright," she said, sitting down. "I was sleeping outside up until yesterday. I'm used to not having much privacy," she laughed quietly, the admission that she had been homeless slipping out without her realizing. "I appreciate it though. All the help you've given me today. The least I can do for you is let you sleep in your own bed," she told him, trying to quickly move past the subject of her home.

Dulce was a bit put off, screwed up her face and shook her head at Sabrina's negative comment toward school, Jonna also seemed to raise an eyebrow and shook her head slightly, not seeming to agree though she didn't argue. However, Z did nod at what Sabrina said, seemingly in agreeance.

Luckily before the topic could continue, Spike changed it to sleep. The girls didn't look as tired as the undead couple and just continued on eating, dropping the conversation. When Sabrina mentioned having been sleeping outside everyone seemed to freeze. Spike stood up, and gestured at the coffin. "It's really no trouble Sabrina, but I won't be pushy about it. I just didn't want you to have to concern yourselves with girl moving about during the day while you're trying to sleep. Something I'm already used to."

However, before Sabrina could respond, Spike's blue-haired sibling was up and standing between them, "Actually, why not take our bed? It's clean and comfortable. We don't need it until the sun goes down, Sabrina. You'll both get your privacy and we promise not to be loud, we had been planning on clearing out some junk downstairs for some extra room." Jonna put her warm hand gently on Sabrina's arm, "Please, I insist. If your back there, we won't have to tip toe around so much while we're doing stuff around up here."

Sabrina had started to hate school around the same time she had started going through a shift in attitude. Religion had become toxic to her mind and she started to hate all of her classes and all of their teachings. Thinking about how her father had never even needed to go to college to get a job that was more than enough for her mother to stay at home and do nothing all day. The bitch that she was.

She noticed how everyone reacted when she'd accidentally brought up her living situation. She hadn't meant to but she'd seemed to become just too comfortable for her own good. She tried not to think about how much they probably pitied her or thought she was dirty or something. She nodded quietly as Spike gestured to the coffin again, trying to give up his space to let her sleep in it again. But then Jonna was giving her the option to sleep in her bed instead.

Her warm hand was the evidence she needed. There was no way she was dead unless she was some sort of biological freak of nature that was both dead and warm. Sure, Sabrina wasn't as ice cold as others but to be warm was another thing entirely. With her insistence and her hand on her arm, Sabrina slowly nodded again.

"Alright... if you insist. I don't want to be a bother so just wake me whenever you need it ok? If I wake up and you guys are on the couch or something I'll feel way too guilty to ever come back," she said, smiling gently. She was exaggerating, but the message was still clear. She'd be upset if the others were putting themselves into uncomfortable situations just for her when they'd just met her and already helped her so much.

Jonna shook her head with a smile, "No need to be that way, Sabrina. We're all down on our luck, it just feels good to be able to share what small luxuries we have. Even just talking to you a short time, I'm sure you'd offer the same to us."

Spike smiled at his sister and nodded in agreement, Lindsey didn't seem to care one way or the other, Dulce just shrugged and rolled her eyes, but didn't offer any resistance. "Hey, if you feel like your imposing." Spike said, "Maybe you can put in a word for us at the Asylum, that would be a way you could pay us back. We've been pretty short on money, at least until tonight, but it would feel real good to earn some cash legit. The Asylum mainly does small bands, so they'd be perfect for us, we just need an endorsement." He took her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "It's just a small request, no pressure, but it would be great to finally get on stage there. We'd even give you a cut for getting us the gig."

Jonna, Dulce and Z all looked at her. Z asked first with a hint of excitement causing her voice to get more sultry and raspy, "You have connections with the Asylum?"

Spike waved his hand dismissively at Z, "Let's not make a discussion out of this." He looked back to Sabrina, "You don't have to worry about it now. Let's just get some well deserved sleep and we can concern ourselves with everything in the morning."

The girls went back to eating and Spike headed to his corner and closed the curtain, she could hear him climb into his coffin and close it. Although the morbid container was probably a bit claustrophobic it likely was deadly quiet. Sabrina headed to the girls' corner where she found something a bit unexpected. Instead of a bed, she found a collection of cushions, pillows, blankets and mattresses. It was fairly mismatched, yet, in its disarray it looked quite comfortable. It looked like it was just big enough for the three girls, but just for her it would certainly be quite comfortable. When she finally found a position in the cushioned chaos, she laid down and as her body sank into the fluffy fabric she drifted off to sleep.

The past few nights have been both traumatic and enlightening, but Sabrina's dreams give her no respite from the trials of the waking world. She found herself running from something chasing her, in a forest blazing with fire. She did not see her pursuers, but she could feel their hot breath and hear their chilling howls. She noticed herself running toward a towering mansion that emanated the gentle but eerie tinkle of a music box. She ran up the front steps and slammed the door behind her, locking out the beasts that chased her only to find herself in another hell. The mansion's interior was a madman's labyrinth. There were stairs on the walls that lead to nothing, doors halfway up the wall and no ceiling. Only an endless maze of stairwells and doors as far as she could see. Then behind her she could hear many hands banging on the door. Moans like death rattles emanated from the walls. All around her she heard banging and somehow she knew just what it was. The undead horde broke through the walls in every direction, completely surrounding her. When she tried to run, she felt the hands grab at her feet, breaking through the floor. The disgusting rotten corpses scratched her flesh, pulled at her hair and yanked her limbs. Then finally a zombie sank its teeth into her breast, but instead of pulling away flesh it only tore off her clothing. She was completely stripped, left naked before a massive horde of monsters who were now all well endowed men and voluptuous women. They were all wearing skimpy clothing with an Asian design. It was clear what was going to happen next.

Like time meant nothing, Sabrina awoke into darkness. It was pitch black and entirely silent. She felt the soft cushioning beneath her and it only took a few moments for her eyes to adjust to make out the simple shapes of her surroundings. She was exactly where she placed her head and it was completely hard to tell if any time had passed at all. Then she remembered the dream, although the details were hard to remember, the events that shook her were the most memorable.

When Spike brought up the idea of getting a word in for them at the Asylum, Sabrina's eyes widened a bit. The idea of having to go back to the place that started all of this was a terrifying feeling for her, but she knew she couldn't run from Jeanette and Therese forever. And they all had quite literally forever. They both wanted her to return to talk to them and while it was utterly worrisome the things they might say to her or the things they might pull her into now that she was one of them... she knew she had a responsibility to do so. She was brought out of her worries when she felt Spike squeeze her hand, looking up at him and finally slowly nodding.

"I'll do what I can," she told him before she heard Z start to ask about her connections, biting her lip as she looked over at her. Thankfully, she didn't need to go into depth about it when Spike told them to just get some sleep instead. She let out a quiet sigh of relief and nodded, suddenly feeling like she needed sleep far more than she had a few minutes ago. Spike was rescuing her from another situation.

The bed was better than the ground, and it was better than what she had at her own home. She was able to settle in comfortably despite the plenty of cushions and did her best not to move too much of their things and make a mess. The dream that followed the welcomed sleep was all but welcome itself. Every movement felt like it was sucking her back in to whatever was happening to her. Every turn only deeper in a maze of twisting turns and soon she was captured without control. She was breathing heavily, fearful for her life from what was about to happen next.

Then she was awake with a start, her eyes opening wide and taking in a breath of air that she didn't even need. She made sure she still had her clothes on before she let out a sigh. She could feel her hands shaking, like she could still feel that anxiety of being chased on the back of her neck. She shook her head, there was no way that she was going to just lay here and let a nightmare get to her like this when she was living her own version of a nightmare. She sat up slowly and made sure to make the bed the way she'd left it before she left from the corner. She walked as silently as she could to make sure she didn't wake anyone if they were asleep and made to look for Spike. It was... very weird waking up in the dead of night.

When Sabrina walked out the place was quiet and no one was in the common living area. The table was cleaned off of whatever might have remained from the food the girls ate earlier. Without a clock, windows or any sounds of traffic passing by, the sense of when was completely lacking. She knew it was dark out, a feeling in her chest told her that it was now safe for her to go outside.

There was no light on inside the room, but a light shining on the far side indicated that the door to the stairs was open and someone was downstairs, or at least forgot to close up. Spike's corner was covered by the curtain and peeking behind she could see that his coffin was open and empty. Everything else in the room was as it was when she went to bed.

Not seeing Spike immediately worried her. Did he leave without her? Did he not expect her to wake up when she did? She could get home from here if she wanted to but she really didn't enjoy the idea of walking around by herself right now, not knowing what she was or what she could do. She bit her lip and rubbed her arm awkwardly as she looked around and found the door to the stairs was open. Were the girls still here at least?

She slowly made her way towards the stairs, still moving silently as she began looking for anyone that might still be home for some sort of guidance. She hated that she still needed so much guidance. She hated not being able to take care of herself so much that the realization that no one was around made her so scared. She wasn't a scared little girl. But ever since being turned... she felt like one.

As she made her way down the stairs she noticed that quite a bit of the junk just below the office had been cleared out. Spike sat shirtless and cross-legged alone in the center of the cleared area that was circled by a miss-matched flickering candles. His chest and arms were covered with various symbols, a mix of thorns, skulls, stars and snakes that created a chaotic yet still artistic collage. In the center of the circle was blood-stained switchblade and a symbol she did not recognize scrawled in blood.

He opened his eyes as she approached and smiled, though he didn't stand up. He gestured to the circle, "Did you sleep well? Have a seat." Sabrina could smell the blood, it was quite potent. More-so than any human blood she had smelled before. Though there was a lot of blood, she could simply tell that it wasn't really that much in the grand scheme of things. It was mostly fresh with some drier spots, which means he probably was only down here for a less than an hour before she got up.

"I know you're probably thinking this all looks a bit crazy, but there are so many crazy powers that vampire's have. I'm going to use one of mine to help you discover your own. To make this feel a bit fair, I am a Thaumaturge. Which simply means that my sire was likely of the Tremere clan, or her sire was. Disciplines, another name for our powers, are usually bound by blood and passed down through the generations. However, in rare cases, like you and I who are Clanless, we end up with Disciplines not of our sire's or grandsire's clan. However, that doesn't matter right now. All that really matters is that you have at least three powers, but sometimes the have more in extreme circumstances. All I need to do is touch your blood. It's not always a sure fire thing and it's not 100% accurate, but we have all night to learn and I only need a little bit at a time. So, if your willing..." He picked up the switchblade by the sharp end and held it out for her.

The first thing that Sabrina thought when she walked down the steps to find Spike sitting in a circle of candles, covered in symbols and a bloody switchblade with some sort of demonic looking symbol was... that she was fucked. Coming from a Catholic background and spending almost her entire life being taught about the devil and his symbols, having tall tales of ritual sacrifice being told to her almost monthly to scare her into never becoming a Satan worshipper. It was a big shock for her to see all of these things and it was harder for her to be calm seeing them than it was simple for her to accept.

As Spike told her to take a seat, looking up at her with a smile like this was normal she instinctively asked "We're not sacrificing someone right?" she said with a frown as she slowly walked forward. "Because I wasn't told about ritualistic sacrifices. I don't know if I'm ready for that," she said.

She did sit down though as he began to explain what the meaning of all of this was. She crossed her legs, staring at him as he explained powers and disciplines and clans. They were a lot of words that she didn't understand, but she was trying to follow along. It sounded like a clan was something that vampires belonged to almost like... a race of people? They were all vampire kind but they were... sub divisions of them or something like that. Powers... yeah, she remembered being told that she had these things she could do but she never really figured them out or what she could do. What really mattered to her was that Spike was offering to help. To figure her out and give her some answers. Even one answer was better than how she felt right now. As he held out the blade to her, she slowly nodded and took the blade.

"If this will help me figure something out... I'll do anything," she said, basically telling Spike that she trusted him. He could be lying. This could be some demonic ritual or something for all she knew, and kind of what she expected. But he was telling her that he would help her, and she believed him. So she took the blade to the palm of her hand and made a cut along it, opening up a wound for blood to spill from.

He chuckled lightly at her comment and when she frowned he gave her a concerning look, still with an awkward smile, "Yeah, the only thing that needs to sacrificed is a bit of blood. Something which you shouldn't have any trouble getting later."

Spike nodded encouragingly as she sat down and took the knife. He leaned back casually and watched as the knife cut through her skin. She could feel the sting of the blade breaking her skin. The blade was razor sharp and cut into her easily, it was certainly painful, but not as much so as when she was alive. Though blood did slowly ooze out of her, she didn't bleed like she did when her heart was beating. Somehow she knew, if she had lapped the blood up on her palm, she would have lost nothing.

He leaned in, looking down at her palm and put a finger where the small amount of blood pooled. The blood soaked into his skin like a sponge although her hand remained cut, no more blood seemed to trickle out. After a brief moment of contemplation on his face, he looked up at her with a smile, "Well, that's interesting."

Spike leaned back again and put his hands out gesturing as he explained, "Okay, so I've discovered two of the Disciplines you have. One is called Celerity. Celerity makes you especially quick and nimble. At your level, it probably isn't that noticeable to you, but it makes you just a little faster than you normally are. If you focus your blood into it, it can make you much faster. The second power is called, Obfuscate, which is a way to conceal yourself from the senses of others. It's not invisibility per se, but more a way of keeping people from noticing you. If you offer more blood, than I can try to decipher your remaining powers. Like I said, it's not a guarantee, but each time I do it, you lose a little more blood. Just squeeze a little more out for me. After we are done discovering your powers, I can teach you how to channel your vitae."

The idea of having to sacrifice her blood was concerning, but at the same time the prospect of getting answers was much more important to her than anything else. She was so tired of fumbling through this new world like a complete fool and she felt like she had nothing she could do to find those answers herself. The sting of the blade was a welcome feeling in a way. It was nice to know that even in death she wasn't some sort of emotionless zombie with no feeling. That pain reminded her that there was life in her, even if it was a weird way of saying it or seeing it.

She had no idea what Spike could possibly learn just by looking at her blood, but there were crazier things that had happened so far so she said nothing as he looked into her blood. She bit her lip as she watched the blood soak into his skin, expecting it to sting when his finger touched her for some reason. Again... crazier things had happened so far. Sabrina noticed that her blood had stopped flowing from her hand as well while he soaked it up, frowning as she wondered if it had healed but... no the cut hadn't changed?

She looked up at him as he began to explain her 'powers', frowning but nodding as she hung onto every word. Each of them felt so... weird to imagine being real but she didn't question it. She took each one into her memory and accepted the reality of the situation. She could... be sneakier and she could go faster. Okay. That was an easy, simple way to put it. When he told her that losing some more blood he could try to learn more about her, she fervently nodded, her hunger somewhat sated and now a lust for more in her mind. She moved her other hand up to her cut hand, pressing her thumb against her palm hard enough to squeeze more blood out of the cut before looking up at him with almost pleading eyes.

"Please."

Last edited:
Spike put his finger on the blood again and after a moment nodded like he was confirming his finding in his mind, "Yeah, that's two more powers. Your sire must have had some strong blood for this to happen. It's quite rare. I also know your generation and that you need a little bit of blood. The ritual tells me quite a bit about you, which is very useful for you in this situation."

He leaned back again and explained her last two powers. "The third Discipline you have is like Celerity. It's called Fortitude. It makes you more tough than normal allowing you to take bigger hits. It's kinda like a supernatural armor. The last discipline you have is quite interesting and can give us a hint of what clan your sire might have been. It's called Protean and it's one of those vampire stereotype powers you might see in the movies. One of the few things mortals got right about us. At your level, you can use it to see in the dark, but be careful, it will also make your eyes grow red. Mortal seeing you use your powers is considered a breach of the Masquerade and you can get in a lot of trouble. As this power increases you can do things like grow claws, meld into the earth and even turn into a wolf or bat. It's a super cool power to have and very useful."

He uncrossed his legs and stood up, "Okay, so now that we know what you can do, it's time for me to teach you how to channel your vitae. It's actually something that will come naturally after the first time you use it. Channeling blood is very similar to trying to focus on something when distracted. Like trying to study when the neighbors are blasting music. You've got to block out all the mundane around you and focus on yourself while you try and accomplish a task only your powers could help you with. Besides your Disciplines, you also have some abilities that all Kindred share, such as healing wounds and boosting your physical strength, agility and endurance. After the first time you do it, after that it will all come naturally. Just remember that using some of your powers requires you to use up some of the blood stored inside you. They less blood you have, the more likely you are to succumb to rage and feed on the closest bloodbag. Currently me. Which power would you like to try first?"

Sabrina bit her lip as Spike put his finger back to the blood, utterly eager to hear more about what she can do. It felt like she was finally getting the information Bradley should have given her. That Mercurio should have given her before he sent her off into a house full of thugs to get a bomb that she had no idea about. If she actually knew these things... she might have had an easier time. Well, she couldn't say she would have done everything too differently. But... she might have been able to help more than just being a seductive distraction. Her next powers were once again stuck to memory as best they could.

To her, these powers just seemed like they were impossible to do. But, so did being a vampire a few days ago. So did healing her own wounds, or drinking blood. All of which... she'd done. She just needed to put her mind to it and... and she could do it. The most interesting to her was the power of 'Protean.' Spike told her that she could grow claws if she got stronger. That was insane. But it sounded... cool. She sounded like she was cool now. If it weren't for her being dead, she'd probably be way more excited about this stuff.

Then he was bringing up channeling that blood. It was like... building up the blood inside of her to use it for the powers? She assumed so at least. She both needed blood to eat, but also to use the powers she had at hand. She sighed through her nose as she listened, nodding her head. She had to get this down. She was way too stubborn to go out into the world as a fumbling mess of a vampire for all of eternity. And if she had all of eternity to go, she refused to die due to her negligience. When he asked what power she wanted try out first, she frowned and pulling some of her black hair behind her shoulder as she thought about it.

"The... 'Protean' one sounded really interesting. And I could try to heal my own hand too, right? I just don't want to get too hungry and... you know," she frowned before her eyes widened a bit and she looked at the other man. "Wait. Vampires can feed from each other? Like... really feed? Or is that just... if you get too angry?" she asked.

After getting her answer, she decided the first thing she should try is to heal her own hand of the cut she'd made. She remembered Mercurio telling her to lick a wound that she made with her own fangs, but this was made by a knife. She... tried to focus. Like Spike told her to. She closed her eyes and focused on her desire to heal her wound. Thinking about channeling that blood she'd drank from the thug... Dave? She tried to push that blood to her hand to stich the wound she'd made together. Praying for it to work.

Spike shook his head at her suggestion, "You can drink the blood of other Kindred, but it's something you want to avoid doing too much. A vampire's blood has the ability to alter someone's feelings about them and drinking too much of a single vamp can turn you into their slave. There's a lot to know about it, but sometimes it's best to learn some of this stuff later. If I tell you too much, it'll just overwhelm you. Not to mention, I don't really know that much myself, only what I've studied myself."

With her eyes closed, nothing out of the ordinary seemed to happen as she was concentrating. At least not at first, after a short time focusing on the blood she tried to envision in her imagination she started to hear the familiar sound of the ocean, the sound you hear when you cup your hands over your ears. She felt something in her chest, the pulsating of her dead heart muscle pushing the blood through her body. The feeling was subtle, but for a brief moment if felt quite invigorating.

"You learn quick, padawan." Spike joked as Sabrina opened her eyes and saw that the wound on her hand had completely healed. As a result of what she did, she felt just a little more empty. She still wasn't starving or anything, but she the bestial urge to feed had reemerged lingering deep in her chest, though it wasn't anything she couldn't control.

"Now, not everything you do is going to require the use of your vitae. Celerity and Fortitude have passive effects and work all the time, but you can channel blood to make them even more powerful. Obfuscate is a passive power as well. At your level if you remain still for a few moments when no one is looking, you'll be hidden from sight as long as you do not move, speak or anything that could call attention to you. However, some can see through the deception, but that usually means they have a special power as well. Protean at your level should also not require any vitae, but it does take a little bit of concentration to activate it."

He stretched and grabbed his jacket that was laying against the wall before he pulled it on, "That's pretty much all you need to know for now. Everything else is all history, culture and religious stuff. Things you'll need to learn through experiencing them on your own. Until then, we kinda have the whole night to do whatever. If you want to go into town I can give you a ride, I wouldn't mind hanging out if you want. But I can understand if you have some things you want to do on your own too. I also have some things I need to take care of, I can do them on my own, but wouldn't mind if you tagged along either."

Another set of information that Sabrina stuck to memory was to not drink the blood of other vampires. The last thing she wanted was to become sort of slave for anyone else. She craved independence more than anything else in the world. As she closed her eyes and focused on the blood inside of her and pushing it towards her hand, she thought Spike might be making a joke out of her. Nothing happened. She was about to give up in frustration when suddenly she heard it. The sound of her blood rushing inside of her, moving inside of her body. She could have gasped at that sound, but focused even harder.

When the feeling seemed to fade, she opened her eyes slowly to look at her hand. When she found her hand was healed, she was sold on the fact that this really was her new life. And she could control it. She smiled wide as she moved her hand towards her face and looked at the front and back before back to Spike. "I did it!" she said happily. "Wow. I... can really do this stuff now. That's so weird. I wish my parents could see me now... they'd have aneurysms."

She continued to take in all of the information that Spike brought up afterwards about how much vitae she would need for certain things, committing it to memory so she wouldn't mistakenly put herself into a hunger crave. As he grabbed his jacket, seemingly finished with his tutoring session, she let out a sigh and stood up herself. As he let her know that she'd be learning on her own from this point on, she felt a bit scared but also invigorated. This was her life now and she at least had purchase in it unlike before. Now it was all trial and error and not dying a second time.

"While I'd love to be your partner in crime... I think I need to go back to my apartment," she said with a sigh as she looked down at herself. "I should get changed and... visit the Asylum. Probably doesn't look the best to my employers that I just disappeared. And... I think I need some answers from Jeanette and Therese too. If you don't mind, I could point you towards my apartment and you can just drop me off there? It's not far from the Asylum so I can walk from that point on."

"Just remember what I told you about using your powers in front of others, at least the ones that are obvious. It's not only breaking the masquerade, you put yourself at risk if you're spotted by a hunter. And I'm not talking about a silly teenage girl with super powers, hunters can be pretty hardcore evil killers. They don't care about good or evil vampires, most of them are fanatical psychopaths." He said with a fairly casual look enjoying her enthusiasm too much to be serious.

"Sure, no problem. Let's head out then, and feel free to keep the clothes as long as you need them. Just in case you were worried about it." Spike said as he started to put out the candles before heading toward the back door. "If you do end up headed to the Asylum, it would be great if you mentioned us. We don't really have any connections yet. You could be our ticket."

On the way out he shut out the lights and locked up. Outside, the place looked like the same old dump, a strong disguise as long as no one saw them come in or out. Climbing in the van, the two headed back to Sabrina's place which took no more than a 10 minute drive. Spike waved goodbye as he drove away leaving Sabrina to her own devices. The night was young, having only been about an hour since she had woken up. The streets tonight were calm and a breeze blew in from the coast making the air somewhat artificially humid.

The lights to the pawnshop below were dimly lit up showing that it was open, though wire mesh lined every possible piece of glass showing that the owner was quite aware of those that wandered the streets at night. The alley that led to the side door of her apartment building was dingy as always.

Sabrina nodded. One of the easiest things to remember was not to use her powers out in the open. She had no idea who was who in the world, and the last thing she wanted was to be caught breaking the masquerade. The image of Bradley's head below her after the Prince and his executor killed him for breaking the rules was a constant reminder in her brain not to cross those boundaries. She knew to be careful, and luckily she wasn't in any headspace to lose control of herself. She just had to keep herself from falling too hungry and she was sure she wouldn't be caught by humans. Ugh that's so weird. Thinking of other people as humans now. Like they're... different from her.

"Thanks... I would bring them back but they are kind of comfortable," she said with a small smile. "I'll do that. Do you guys have a band name? I don't know if 'Spike and the girls' will ring well in Therese's ears when I say something about you," she laughed.

Going back to her apartment was a bit of an anxiety inducing moment for her. The same place that turned her, the same place she was more-or-less stuck at, the same place anyone could find her at. But, she was indeed stuck there. Unless she wanted to try to move in with Spike, she had nowhere else to go. And the idea of living on the street again wasn't very enticing at all. When Spike drove off, Sabrina waved goodbye before turning into the alley and making her way up to her apartment.

If she got there safely, she'd quickly changed clothes. Letting her black hair down and around her shoulders she would switch out her casual pajama-like clothes into another set of clothes Therese had given her. A casual black t-shirt that didn't have much special about it with black jeans to match. Therese was obviously giving her plain clothing that didn't show off much skin, but it at least hugged her in the right ways. She would have to get her own clothing soon though. These were definitely not her style. She missed her plaid skirts and gothic corsets. If there's nothing else waiting for her in the apartment, she'd make her way to the Asylum soon after with a breath to calm herself. It was time she faced Jeanette and Therese.

gORGVED.jpg
"Our band name is Ghouls, but they wouldn't have heard of us anyways."
He said to her before driving away.

Her time in the apartment was brief, interestingly enough, even though she had showered the evening before she slept she had no distinct smell about her. There was no hint of body odor of any kind emanating from her unliving corpse. She could smell a bit of mold in the apartment and a hint of ash. Sabrina noticed her apartment was unchanged from how she had left it.

The trip to the Asylum was quick and just shy of a quarter mile off she started to hear the dull thump of some solemn bassy music exuding from the venue. There was a short line of about 4 people right now and someone unfamiliar standing at the door. He was tall, muscular, heavily tattooed and wearing a tanktop, blue jeans, a baseball cap and various chains, hardly looking at home for the venue. However, he still looked very much up for the task he was carrying out which was to look intimidating and keep people in line.

Sabrina was at least thankful that her apartment didn't seem to be messed with while she was gone. She was able to change easily, even if she was stuck being paranoid throughout the changing process in fear that someone was going to burst into her home again. She sighed through her nose as she walked to the Asylum, trying to keep herself out of much view. The last thing she needed was to be catcalled or stopped on the street.

There was a new bouncer at the door and some of her was thankful for it. Bradley was replaced... and that was a good thing. Hopefully this guy was in more control of himself. She sighed through her nose as she walked directly up to him, not waiting in line. She looked up at him with her arms crossed though she didn't look defiant. She was just trying to act casual. "Hi, my name's Sabrina. I know you don't know me but I work here. I need to talk to Jeanette," she said.

The bouncer held out his hand casually with an intimidating glare that was confused this stranger would cut through the line. He stood up more straight, "Yo, girl. Line starts there." He points to the back of the queue. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes when she tells him she works there, "Yeah right." Although he seems to dismiss her, he still grabs a little flip notebook he had from his back pocket and looked it over. "Sabrina, huh?" He asks seemingly confirming and then stands aside. "A'ight, head in. Nice to meet ya, I'm Jace. Kinda new here." he said giving her a friendly smile. "I'll try and remember your face." He waved to her letting her by.

The club itself was quite packed tonight. Sabrina had to get passed a ticket booth and slink her way through the crowd. The music tonight was a quite industrial and reverberated every part of her. She noticed that Lily was currently busy working the bar. Many patrons at a time hounding her for drinks and some even trying to hit on her. The atmosphere in here was quite different before now that the place was packed and the band probably brought in quite a lot of outsiders. Sabrina could see a few girls dancing in the cages above, none that she recognized before.

Sabrina knew that unless this guy was explicitly told to look out for someone that looks like her, she wasn't going to easily get into the club. She explained herself to him even as he tried to push her back to the line. She patiently waited for him as he looked through his notebook, presumably of the Asylum's employees and didn't make a scene, attempting to look as peaceful and patient as possible. She knew how annoying people could be when they were met with resistance from people just doing their jobs. Ugh... it reminded her of her mother. What a bitch. She shook herself out of those thoughts as the bounce, Jace, introduced himself.

"Sabrina," she said, smiling back at him. "Nice to meet you too. I'll see you on my way out," she said politely as she moved inside of the club.

Being met with the crowd of people was quite new to her. It was way more packed than before. She looked around for Jeanette, but couldn't see her quite yet. She hoped she wasn't out like she had been when she'd first met her. She moved towards the bar where Lily was working, feeling bad for how busy it was. She was no bartender, but she still thought to offer her help before she went about asking for her own help.

"Anything I can help with?" she called over the music, moving around the bar towards Lily.

Lily was too busy to notice Sabrina at first but as she was about to speak her face turned to her quickly while she was serving a drink and the expression on her face went from a bit of startled shock from not expecting someone to be behind the bar to one of distress. She was stunned for a good few moments, ignoring the patrons and her eyes darted around as if her instincts were deciding whether to fight or flee. Her face turned to one of disgust and she recoiled from Sabrina. She did not say anything at first but just shook her head with disdain and gave her a shooing gesture.

Sabrina could see that their was hatred and frustration in Lily as she seemed to start shaking as she turned away to continue attending the bar. She looked like she was barely containing herself. Without looking at Sabrina or saying a single word, she reached under the bar before pointing over to the rickety elevator she had taken up before. After that she just did her best to act as if Sabrina was no longer there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom