Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (Personal Adaptation) [Ravnos & RoseThorn]

Sabrina continued to do her job, dancing and attempting to entertain the crowd as the music blasted in her ears. It became easier and easier to ignore the crowd and just listen to the music as sound after sound played. Something Sabrina hadn't thought about was the ease of access she was to anyone who wanted to come inside the cage. She assumed that security wouldn't let that happen, but had no idea how easily anyone could really get inside the cage with her the way she had with Jeanette.

Once a few songs had ended and she felt she'd done her job correctly, she finally decided to leave as she opened her eyes and noticed how the crowd had gotten much thinner. She felt like she had more of a reason to leave without getting in trouble now. She finally stopped dancing, sighing to herself as she left the cage and made her way down the spiral staircase, using her arms to cover her breasts before she realized that she was just dancing for them. There wasn't much of a difference than just walking around with a bra on... might as well let them hang out.

Once she got to the bar, she looked to Lily with a bit of embarrassment written on her face. "Could something strong?" she asked. "I think I need it after tonight."

Sabrina found what was left of the crowd to be fairly amiable as she came down from her cage. There was a small amount of whistling and catcalling. A few people had approached her to compliment her dancing and appearance, but none of them propositioned her or otherwise impeded her movement to the bar.

When she arrived to her destination, Lily raised an eyebrow and finally gave her a smile that looked genuine, "Welcome to the club, Sabrina. I think you'll do fine here." She responded to Sabrina's request with a glass of cranberry juice with a shot of vodka poured into it. She also put a chilled bottle of water on the bar as well. "When you want your stuff, just let me know and I'll buzz you up."

Lily didn't wander far, the bar was closed for everyone else and Sabrina also noticed that the bouncer was standing inside next to the door, only letting people out. Although he had a tough look, when people approached he smiled and let them out. He seemed to be quite a friendly guy. If it wasn't for him being over a foot taller than Sabrina and three times as wide, he probably wouldn't be that intimidating one on one. He gave Sabrina a nod and smile when he noticed her looking over at him.

It wasn't long after she came down that those in the other cages followed suit. However, they didn't approach the bar, they melded with the crowd, or went to the other stairs to the balcony above the bar.

Sabrina smiled politely at the people that came towards her after she left the cage. She was just glad none of them propositioned her go through that awkward denial that she would have to give them. She was happy to just move to the bar and sit down to relax for once.

She smiled a bit back at Lily as she poured her her drink, laughing as she told her that she thought she'd do just fine in the club. "You think so...?" she asked quietly, wondering if that was really the case. She felt a bit of confidence thanks to her comment, but she needed more experience before she really trusted herself to do her job correctly. She looked down at her drink as she stared at her drink, once again a drink new to her but one she hoped brought her more courage and confidence than she had now. Without hesitating to the point that she overthought it, she brought the drink to her mouth and sipped it.

She decided to sit there for awhile, looking over at the bodyguard as he let people out. He seemed like a cuddly bear kind of guy. Scary, but also not at all. When he nodded to her and smiled, she made sure to return the motion back before she moved her eyes back to her drink. She sipped her drink slowly, getting about halfway through before she decided to give up on it and moved to the chilled water that was left for her instead.

"No point in getting drunk..." she whispered to herself as she shook her head. "Get a grip."

Once she felt she got her bearings, she took a deep breath and sighed as she looked at Lily. "I'm ready to go up," she said.

"Alright, and don't worry. Jeanette's never done any of us wrong. As unusual as she can be, I really think she's good deep down." Lily said just before reaching under the bar, and immediately after Sabrina could hear a buzzing noise from the elevator and a red light above it started to blink.

The elevator itself was quite ancient looking. The door was made of wood and had a tiny peep hole like an apartment door would that was just too high for Sabrina to peek out of, even with her heels. The inside of the elevator was small, probably would only fit 4 people and it would be packed. The door slide shut sounding quite rickety. There were no buttons on the inside of the elevator, strangely. Which meant, if she was trapped inside, she wasn't sure how she would get out. However, soon after the door was closed the car lurched and bounced before slowly moving up. The mechanics of the elevator were as old as the rest and they creaked as they struggled to lift the car.

Despite all the shortcomings of the elevator, it rose up and came to a halt. At first, Sabrina could hear a couple muffled voices; both women. The door opened to a small waiting room. It looked quite classical compared to the rest of the club. The room was fairly small. It was decorated with an antique loveseat with a deep red stained wood frame and red velvet cushions. The floor was a plush and fluffy black carpet that would probably feel great on bare feet. In the corner was a stand matching the wood of the sofa and had a large black vase atop it. There was a fairly large painting on the wall of a rose resting on a table with the light of a window cast on it. A droplet of blood was formed on one of the roses thorns. It was simple, but beautiful. There was only one other door, that was a large wooden door with a black wrought iron number 2 on it. Lastly, the walls had padding on them, it almost looked like a padded cell, except the padding was red velvet with golden buttons in the middle of each pillow.

The voices were much clearer in here, it was two women. Jeanette was one and the other voice was deeper and more strict, it sounded like a mother bickering with her slutty daughter.

"You're city?", Jeanette said in a huff. "Last time I looked, it was called 'Santa Monica', not 'Stuck-up Bitch'"

"So Vulgar! I can't even look at you some times," The other voice replied with vitriol. "You Jezebel" The ancient slur sounded natural to the woman, but bizarre to be heard in such a time.

"Oh Therese, you really do paint a flattering portrait of me with your turn-of the century barbs." Jeanette scoffed off the insult. "I always assumed you could do nothing but look down on me."

"Just the sight of you!" Therese sounded disgusted, "The sight of that wicked, tainted pout concealing that dirty, diseased mind. Sin! You have no shame."

"Let she who is without sin cast the fierce tone." Jeanette retorted.

"Go ahead and mock me." Therese cut off her sister, "You pull your pranks, make fun of my ways, it suits you. You're just one big joke."

"Don't you call me that!" Jeanette seemed more genuinely affected this time.

"Should I start calling a duck a pig as well?" Therese clearly knew how to hurt her sister.

"I'm your sister..." Jeanette replied with a dejectedly, clearly hurt. "How can you treat me like this?" The patter of running and door slamming could be heard from the other side with a gentle sob suddenly cut off.

"That's it Jeanette, run away from the truth. I'll take care of everything," Therese said, certainly pleased with herself. "As I always do."

After a moment, the room stays silent, then over an intercom Therese speaks, "Are you gonna stand in the waiting room all night? Please, let's get this done. I don't have all night."

Sabrina felt a sense of relief as Lily assured her that Jeanette had never done any wrong to any of them. Sabrina had really gotten herself into quite the situation with someone she barely knew, but it was all a stake of survival for her. She'd finally be off the streets, have her own paycheck, have a place to work and somewhere to belong. After so long of wondering if she would end up like all those friends that had wound up dead, she was finally going to get some semblance of safety for the first time since moving to Santa Monica. Sure, some of her reasons were selfish and desperate to get in the club. But this had truly turned out so much more fruitful of a visit than she could have imagined. Now, it was her ticket to live a full life.

The elevator gave Sabrina a sense of danger. She felt like the minute she stepped on it she would fall through the floor or the elevator would give out on her. But, Jeanette had used it so it must be safe. For now. As the elevator came to a safe stop, she let out a sigh of relief before she heard the sound of two voices coming from the door to the office. Her eyes widened as she remembered that Jeanette had a sister she'd spoken about. Calling her an old hag and a bore or something like that. Was she... arguing with her now? Sabrina stood outside the office, wondering if she should just go downstairs or not and pretend she never heard this but her childish nosiness got in the way as she listened to the two argue and throw insults at each other.

The difference between them was obvious just from their voices and their manner of speaking. Sabrina had been right in her questioning that Jeanette's sister must have been the 'responsible' one of the two and she could assume they ran the Asylum together since her sister was in the office with her. Sabrina frowned as the two seemed to devolve into a sense of absolutely destroying each other until Jeanette became too sad and left. Sabrina thought she might just leave, now wasn't the best time but then Therese was telling her to come inside. She swallowed hard as she slowly grabbed the handle of the door and opened it to walk inside.

The room beyond was very similar; walls lined with velvet cushions, only now there were a few spots with heavy black velvet curtains, the carpet also the same as before. There wasn't much in the way of furniture but the collection was fairly eccentric. A vintage desk looking like something out of a 50s detective film topped with a blocky beige computer. There were a few plush suede chairs with a small classic side table with a globular lamp that looked like it could have been some gimmick out of the 80s. It was an interesting hodgepodge of different furniture, but it kind of worked in an unusual way. Still, there were no windows or doors visible, maybe behind the heavy curtains, but she saw no break from where she stood. There were a few paintings on the wall that were clearly of the two sisters when they were much younger. One was quite large and nearly covered the wall from floor to ceiling. The two girls in the painting were no older than 9 or 10 and stood at each side of an older man; likely their father.

The woman called Therese was clearly Jeanette's sister. In fact, she was identical. She had the same color hair, skin and eyes. She wore black rimmed glasses that made her look extremely professional and shrewdly intellectual. She was dressed for business, the charcoal buttoned jacket, a grey shirt underneath that just revealed the barest bit of cleavage and matching pencil skirt hugged her well, showing off similar curves to her sister. However, the little she make up was more conservative. On her face there was just a hint of eye liner, a bit of mascara and black lipstick that matched the rest. She wore dark hose that ran down to her pumps and she wore no visible jewelry. Her confidence and posture made her seem much taller than she actually was, though her stature was no different than her sisters.

She did not seem to surprised by Sabrina's appearance. She likely knew her clientele well for sure. Her gaze was cold and she showed no hint of emotion other than impatience as she watched her little intruder enter nervously. "I assume, given your attire, that Jeanette had you up in a cage this evening." Their was a look of distaste in her eyes. "I suppose you expect some form of restitution? And what did Jeanette promise you?" Her eyes narrowed as if she was ready to inflict terrible venom on Sabrina with her stare alone.

7jx3vu6mrz831.jpg

Sabrina made sure to look around and analyze the room as she walked in. She was surprised to see how different yet absolutely in tune it looked to the club down below. It was a beautiful office, that was for sure. One that Sabrina could see herself never growing tired of working in. Though, she could go for some windows... it always helped her to see the sunlight. She noticed the painting as well, seeing the two girls in it that seemed to be identical twins. Did that mean...

Of course as she met Therese's eyes, she found her thought to become true. They were identical twins. Sabrina had met identical twins before but never ones that went so far to look so different. In her experience, the twins she knew in catholic school went about all the ways they could to look just about exactly alike other than a few things like hairstyles or something of the sort. But Therese and Jeanette couldn't be any more different. She was conservative and business like while Jeanette was an absolute party girl. If it weren't for their identical looks, Sabrinma might have even assumed they weren't really sisters in the first place.

As the woman spoke to her, Sabrina actually winced. Jeanette had been a species of her own. One that was terrifying yet intriguing at the same time but Jeanette... she was just terrifying. Sabrina felt like she absolute never wanted to make her angry and that her wrath would be far too much for her to handle. She rubbed her arm nervously as Therese asked what Jeanette had promised her. "Um... she told me she'd set me up with an apartment and a paycheck," she explained. "Could I... have my clothes back too? She took my clothes."

Sabrina had felt a bit liberated in the bar, more open to showing herself off but in front of a woman like Therese she felt like she was absolutely naked. She felt shameful for ever showing up in her presence like this. Like she was unprofessional and wrong.

"I see." She said quite sharply and moving a few steps over behind the desk. Her heels made no noise on the carpet as she made her way. In fact, Sabrina started to noticed how silent this room was. With all the padding, she couldn't hear the music from downstairs and was certain beyond the waiting room, it would be a real challenge to hear anything coming from inside. It was as if the room sucked up every sound which made it unbearably silent.

Therese opened a drawer and placed her shirt and an envelope on top. It looked as if she had Sabrina's payment already prepared, meaning the question she had must have had some other purpose. "This should suffice for now. Understand you shall only get paid for the hours you work and no more. I am not so frivolous with the club's money... what did you say your name was?" She asked without changing expression or tone. Therese stood where she was, her gaze on Sabrina was certainly judging every action she made and likely every word spoken.

Therese didn't let up on her attitude that made Sabrina feel like the room was colder than it was. She knew that Lily had assured her that Jeanette was a good girl deep down and that she hadn't done anything bad to them but Therese just gave off this aura of someone that would have no problem ruining others. She was sure that she was the bearer of bad news between the two sisters and if Sabrina were ever to be fire, it would come from Therese's mouth and not Jeanette's.

As Therese brought out her pay, it didn't go unnoticed by Sabrina that the things that Jeanette had promised her had already been prepared yet Therese had asked regardless. It confused Sabrina as to why she would ask if she seemingly already knew the answer. Was she testing to see if Sabrina would tell her Jeanette had promised her more than she really had? Sabrina couldn't imagine lying to Therese or Jeanette even. She felt like they;d cut her to pieces if they found out.

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought Jeanette might have told you," she said as she took her things, pulling on her shirt to quickly cover herself. "My name is Sabrina. Sabrina West," as she spoke her name and her shirt was put on, she made sure to reach her hand out to shake Therese's in an effort to be professional and kind.

Therese watched every movement and listened to every word seemingly calculating her next move. When Sabrina offered her hand, Therese held out her own with little hesitation. However, her grip wasn't dainty. Her cold soft yet frighteningly strong hand took a firm hold of Sabrina's. She did not shake, but only pulled Sabrina closer to her. They were still about the same height, but Therese might of well have been a giant compared to Sabrina with her strength and bearing.

Her eyes narrowed, "How old are you?" She said, not showing any acknowledgement of the name she had been told. The eyes through her glasses pierced Sabrina's. It was clear the glasses were very thin and the minimal warping may have been a sign that they were solely for appearance. With the firmness of her grip, it seemed like she could crush Sabrina's hand and it didn't feel like she was going to let go. The conversation soon went from professional to an interrogation.

Sabrina gasped quietly when she was pulled closer to Therese so suddenly. Her strength was similar to Jeanette's in the sense that Sabrina didn't feel like she had any chance to pull away from her even if she tried. As Therese asked her how old she was, Sabrina's eyes widened. Fuck. Sabrina had spent almost all of her life finding ways to appease people with lies and simple words to get them off of her back, but with Therese she felt like lying would only make things worse. Every question she asked didn't feel like one she didn't already know the answer to, and that was what scared Sabrina. If she lied here and said an age that she wasn't... what would Therese do to her? Take away her new apartment? Her money? Kick her out and ban her? Would she break her hand that was gripped so firmly in hers right now?

Sabrina had to make a split second decision. One that she didn't know if she was correct in doing, knowing either way she could be throwing everything away. But, with the idea in mind that Therese most likely already knew the answer to what she was asking, or at least assumed, Sabrina swallowed hard and responded. "Sixteen," she told her honestly, "ma'am," she finished to try to appease the dominant woman. But before she was finished, she continued in an almost pleading way. "Please. I've been homeless for three months now and people are dying out there. I don't know how much longer I can make it. I don't have a job or any income. My belongings are hidden away in garbage bins just so others don't steal them. I can't lose this opportunity."

Therese relaxed and retracted her hand and restored her posture. She seemed to contemplate what Sabrina had said and seemed to relax a little bit, "I see. I wish only for my employees to be honest with me and, of course, reliable. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, child. You may go." After which she walked over to her desk and sat down in a lady-like way that shows she must have been brought up very proper.

She opened a manila folder that was sitting on the desk and began to read a single page that looked almost like an ancient scroll. The woman seemed to act as if Sabrina had already left. The room itself grew uncomfortably silent. In fact, Therese was unusually still as well, almost as if she had been frozen in place, or as if she had died right then and there. The silence crept in the longer Sabrina remained and what replaced it was the every increasing volume of her heart beating and every breath she took was becoming quite oppressive.

Sabrina noticed the way that Therese relaxed, her heartbeat slowly relaxing as she sighed through her nose in relief. She'd made the right choice. She knew that Therese must have known something or suspected something in her. Her history of needing to read people for their emotions beforehand in order to talk around them had come in handy. Though, it wasn't like Therese had been very subtle when she asked her questions like she knew everything already.

As Therese gave her the chance to go, Sabrina hesitated. Did she really mean that? Shouldn't she see Jeanette before she left? Well, Jeanette didn't seem to be in a good mood so she probably wasn't in the mood to do business either. She quickly pulled on her clothes before the silence that crept between them lasted far too long for her comfort. She left without finishing dressing, deciding to do so in the elevator as she went back down to the first. While she was in the elevator, she opened up the envelope that Therese had given her, the sudden realization that she never got the address for her new apartment before she left rushing through her mind.

Luckily for Sabrina, the key she found in the envelope had a tag attached to it which listed out the address. The street listed was only a few blocks away and it would likely take her just over 15 minutes to walk there. It was just after two in the morning at them moment. It was a fairly dark and chilly night, probably even colder than when she left the diner. There was also about fifty dollars inside. Considering she only worked for a few hours, this was decent. In her last few months living on the streets, she knew how to make the cash last a bit longer than most.

The elevator doors opened to the bottom floor to a much calmer setting. There was music playing, but it was 70s rock rather than the standard goth music. It was also a lot quieter. There was no sign of any customers, only Lily and the bouncer remained. Lily was now wearing a long sleeve black t-shirt that was slightly too big for her and a yoga pants over her lingerie. She was also wearing an Angles baseball cap over her brilliant red hair which was now tied back.

Lily was also no longer behind the bar, but sitting on one of the stools with an aromatic hamburger with barbecue sauce and fries. She looked as Sabrina stepped out. It looked like the bounder was hanging out with her, though not too close. The two seemed to be enjoying a conversation as Lily was finishing a laugh. She waved Sabrina over in a fairly friendly manner, "Come on over. How did it go?"

Sabrina sighed with relief when she found the address inside of the envelope. She did not want to have to walk back into that office and annoy Therese. She had a feeling that the professional woman, who was now her boss, would not enjoy that. At that point, Sabrina would probably have just roughed out another night on the streets and find out the address tomorrow. The money inside was more than she expected it to be for how little she worked. She found herself smiling wide as she saw it. Finally. Some sort of income. She knew how to make money last so she was sure she'd see this money in the next few weeks but god it was amazing to feel like she was finally gaining and not just losing!

As she got back down to the bar, she was surprised to see the Asylum in such a state. She knew the party definitely didn't go all night, but it was kind of... cute in a way to see the change of environment and the fact that the employees didn't just play goth music all night. She noticed Lily and the bouncer, but she was going to just leave rather than bother them until Lily suddenly waved her over. Her eyes widened in a bit of surprise. Sabrina wasn't used to people actually wanting to be around her. She was so used to being the outcast that it was a bit odd to be in a space where people were actually... similar to her.

She decided that she would indulge, making her way over to the bar as she smiled. She sighed before she spoke, leaning against the bar. "Scary," she admitted. "I had to talk to Therese instead of Jeanette. I had no idea a woman could be so... absolutely terrifying. I felt like it was the interview I never got from Jeanette. I mean, I respect her! I feel like she's probably really smart and good at her job but... god I felt like she was going to rip my throat out if I said the wrong thing," she shook her head.

"Is she usually... more involved? I didn't see her down here once but Jeanette was so into everything..." she wondered out loud.

Lily smile wilted and raised an eyebrow, "You met Therese, huh? She's clearly a different animal than her sister. Jeanette seems to avoid her as much as possible. It's hard to ever find them together. The two are like a hot and cold front, when they come together a storm erupts. I can't imagine what could have made the twins become so distant. Anyways, it's not really my business. Therese is strict, but other than her condescending attitude, she doesn't really bother us down here. I think she prefers to concern herself with the money more than anything else. That's just my guess though. I've seen her come and go, and even had to let some hoity toity types go up the elevator. I imagine she's into more than just the club."

The bouncer didn't seem to have much to say. He kept his distance and his eyes only seemed to wander around then on the girls. "Well, I guess we should close up." She said sliding off the stool and put what remained of her food in a plain brown paper bag. She pulled a keyring out with a small amount of keys on it and with a smile at the bouncer they were headed for the door. "Where in town are you headed?" She asked Sabrina.

Sabrina nodded as Lily didn't seem to be too excited to hear about her interaction with Therese. At least Sabrina got to learn a lot more about the twins. She hadn't even known who they were before tonight, but now she was learning a lot more about the environment of the Asylum. Things didn't seem too bad. It sounded like the employees got along fine with Jeanette and that Therese wasn't around as often as the slutty sister. But, it was good to know that the twins seemed to stay away from each other as much as possible and that they didn't seem to get along well. It seemed that it probably wasn't going to be a good decision to talk good about one sister to the other.

As Lily brought up closing, Sabrina nodded a bit. She was excited to get to her new home. The first home she ever had to herself. She hoped there was a bed there and maybe even a pillow or blanket. She followed Lily as they made their way towards the door. As she asked where she was headed, Sabrina brought out her address and thought about the directions in her head before she pointed in the direction.

"A few blocks that way. You?" she asked.

Lily shut and locked the door behind them. Unlike most places in the city, the Asylum doors were the only thing between the outside and in. No bars or sliding security shutter. Though there was quite a lot in the club to steal, such as booze, sound equipment and probably a safe somewhere. It was pretty lax security for one of the most successful venues in Santa Monica.

"Not too far from here. We could walk you home if you'd like." Lily wrapped her arm around the bouncer's arm who almost seemed to expect it. It looked more like a little girl clutching a giant teddy bear than a lover's embrace, as if she relied on the man more for protection than affection. Either way, the bouncer seemed to enjoy the attention with an innocent smile.

Sabrina could hear the waves of the beach from here and might actually be able to hear some music coming from the beach as well. If it weren't for her new apartment, the beach might have been a good place to find some shelter. There were a few abandoned houses, or at least houses that were only used during the summer and vagrants had found their way into. However, they were often taken and it also wasn't safe as they were known slumming spots.

Sabrina noticed how lax the security seemed to be at the Asylum, but she'd also noticed that it didn't seem like they had a lot of trouble regarding robberies in the first place. Maybe people didn't trust the idea of stealing from one of the most successful clubs around. It was clear that they didn't do anything internally to store everything away either, though Jeanette and Therese were left inside so maybe they finished things up after everyone was gone.

As Lily offered to walk her home, Sabrina found herself smiling. It was the first time she'd ever been offered such a thing. Even though it was a small, probably meaningless offer for Lily to make... to Sabrina it made her heart gush with happiness. As she wrapped her arm around the bouncer's, Sabrina's eyebrow raised but she didn't think it was her place to ask any questions. She had no idea how close the two were.

"I would appreciate it," she said. "I'm still new to Santa Monica so I don't want to get myself lost," she laughed before she started to make her way towards her new apartment, more dreams of what was inside or how it would look filling her mind. As they walked, she decided to fill the silence with a few questions of her own. "How long have you two worked for Jeanette and Therese? You seemed used to all the antics, so I assume awhile now, right?" she asked.

"I started a little over a year ago. I was in town for a show at the Asylum and was recruited in a similar way to you. However, Jeanette didn't bring me to the cage, she just got me drunk. At that time, she was the bartender, but wanted to be less involved in the labor and more in the management. Much to the annoyance of her sister, I bet. Therese seems to love the control." Lily said and when the bouncer didn't respond for himself, she did so, "Bradly was already here when I got here. I think he's been here for a long time with how sweet Jeanette is to him." She pats at his shoulder with a motherly like affection.

Though the night air was chill, having good company was a boon on the way to the apartment. But in the direction they headed, Sabrina realized her apartment wasn't going to be some fancy loft or high rise condo. These were only a little better than the slums or shelters she would normally find herself in. The first sign of poverty and trouble was the run down free clinic she passed by. It was still open, which meant it probably catered to a lot of addicts.

There was a lone man leaning against a column watching the three go on their way. Lily and Bradly ignored him, and there didn't seem to be any reason why Sabrina should have noticed anything special about him. He was just an average joe, looking like he was waiting for a cab. However, he had this somewhat pleased look about him as if seeing the three had made his day. It was hard to pick out why, but there was something just off about him.
b528101e5e13ed4a05d341ec4bfba09d.jpg
Despite the strange passing, her friendly escorts led her just a little further to where her apartment was. The front of the building was a store, and it was open. Trip's Pawnhop as it said on the black and yellow sign in the window. The place didn't even have a proper one. It's hours were from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.

There was another sign on the side of the building, a red arrow that pointed down an alley to a door that, without the sign she would have easily passed over. There was a dumpster right next to the door as well, which probably meant on trash day, it would really smell right outside the front door.

Sabrina nodded to herself as she listened to Lily explain her recruitment process. It was nice to know that Jeanette hadn't singled her out in her recruitment efforts with getting her involved right away, though it made her feel a little less special. At least she didn't have to show ID and make a resume. She smiled as Lily went on to explain for the bouncer, who Sabrina had only ever heard speak to Jeanette. It was nice to know his name now. She smiled at them to let them know that she was listening.

"It's nice to get to know you guys," she told them. "Jeanette seemed to respect the both of you so getting to know you guys makes me feel better. Like I won't get so lost in the crowd in the Asylum or that I'll have people to talk to if I'm confused," she said.

As they got closer and closer to her apartment area, she found herself frowning a bit. Obviously she shouldn't have expected much, but she was hoping for something nice. But, it was much better than living on the streets. She'd have to get her things tomorrow and wash all of her clothes now that she wouldn't have to hide them in bins. As they passed by the lone man, Sabrina found herself looking over at him. He wasn't anything interesting but she found herself curious regardless. His pleased look only heightened her curiosity, but she didn't say anything as she passed him.

Once they got to her apartment building, she found herself entirely surprised. It was... on top of a store? Well, that wasn't an entirely new concept but it was a bit odd. Maybe Jeanette had connections with the person who owned it or something. She noticed the red arrow, looking down the aisle as she sighed.

"Well, this looks like my place," she said with a smile to the two escorts. "Thank you guys for helping me get here. I guess I'll... see you tomorrow? I never really got a schedule so..." she shrugged.

Her new coworkers and seemingly friends waved good bye and went on their way. The outside door was opened, though she could definitely smell the remnants of the trash in the dumpster as she entered. Though by now, she may have been used to it having stored her own belongings in them as well.

Inside, it was a nice break from the outside air, but the inside didn't smell or look much better than the alley way that led in here. The floors looked like they'd never been cleaned since the building was built. The walls had chipped paint over peeling wallpaper and there was even some bare sheet rock exposed. To her left was a collection of mailboxes, each were labeled and it looked as if many of the labels had been their for ages. The mailbox for her apartment, number 508, was currently opened with nothing inside and it looked like her key would fit in there as well. It also showed that hers was one of 8 apartments in the building; 501-507 were the apartments, with 500 likely being the address number for the pawnshop.

The entrance way led up a set of stairs. The inside of the building itself was fairly quiet, no sounds at all coming from the apartments leading up to hers, which was up two landings. The stairs creaked loudly as she found her way up to her apartment and there was also a single window at the very end of the hallway that peered out into the street, with a rusty radiator just below it.

Her key fit the lock no problem. The door to what was now clearly a studio apartment was fairly flimsy, but had all the standard apartment security features such as a peephole that she would have to stand on her toes to look through, a flimsy chain that barely hooked to the wall by a loose screw, and deadbolt that seemed to have trouble locking fully. The inside of the apartment was actually not too bad, considering. It was fully furnished with a bare metal framed twin bed that looked like it was stolen from a prison, a small worn metal desk that looked like it was stolen from a teacher working in a elementary school and a small night stand between the two with a digital clock radio that was flashing 2:00 pm, signaling that she had power. There was actually a television in here sitting on top of a splintering two drawer dresser, though from the tangled looking antennae it almost certainly wasn't hooked up to cable. The kitchen was completely barren of any cookingware, there was a green electric stove and a yellow fridge that looked straight out of the 70s. There were quite a few curtainless windows which gave a good view of the street and the side of the building she came in, but also let in all the bright street lighting as well. Curiously, the two windows that peer over the bed were currently blocked by two boards propped against the wall. The only other room was the bathroom, which was in a pretty bad state at the moment. The door to the bathroom was currently hanging on a single hinge that made it impossible to close, the tiny ceramic sink was caked in grime, as was the floor tiles, toilet and stall shower. The steady drip from the rusty shower head also was a sign that she had water.

Sabrina waved to her coworkers as they walked on their own way, taking a steadying breath as she walked inside. The smell of trash in the dumpster didn't bother her too much. She kind of missed when it did, because it meant she wasn't always surrounding her. She sighed softly as she got inside and found that she had her own mailbox for the first time. She found herself smiling then. She had her own mailbox for the first time. Wow. Her life really felt like it was... coming back to normal in some way. Well, as normal as a runaway's life could get. She just wanted to be able to live without regrets.

It was nice walking up the stairs and not hearing much. She was happy to hear that she probably wouldn't have trouble sleeping. As she inserted her key, she let out a sigh of relief in seeing that it actually turned. She was so happy to see that the Asylum owners didn't dupe her with anything. She opened the door slowly, almost fearful of what she'd find inside. She found herself smiling when she walked inside and found herself coming face to face with an apartment that she didn't think she'd have trouble sleeping in. She looked around the place as she walked in and found that it was a bit worse for wear but if she could just take some time and clean it up it would be just fine to live in. It was way better than the streets, that's all that mattered. She wanted to take a shower but the bathroom was far too dirty for her to do that. She decided that the bathroom would be her first order of business to clean.

She laid down in her bed, wondering why the windows were boarded up. Maybe the glass had been broken or something. She didn't mind it too much, at least she wouldn't wake up because the sun came up too early. She quickly found her eyes closing. It wasn't the best bed, and she'd have to furnish it with pillows and blankets but it was finally a start. She finally had a start. She smiled as she started to fall asleep.

After the long and eventful day, plus finally having a proper bed to sleep in, Sabrina had no trouble falling asleep. Unfortunately, the silence peace did not last long. She was suddenly awakened by a strong pain around her neck. It was still dark, which meant she hadn't been asleep for very long. It was actually much darker than before. The street lamps had all gone out and the apartment was pitch black. The only light she could see by was the blinking of the clock radio. She could move, but the weight that held her down by her neck was pinning her to the bed.

The feeling was cold around her neck and whatever she was struggling against was completely immobile. The flashing red clock made it hard to see what was holding her down until her adjusting eyes could make out it's form. It was a man, a very large man. The thing wrapped around her neck was a hand, but cold as if whatever was holding her down was dead. But, when his other hand gripped at her shirt and tore it in half like a piece of paper, it was clear that he was very much alive.

Sabrina could just barely breathe, but her esophagus burned from the tight grip. Screaming would likely be extremely painful and may even cause the man to clamp down harder. She felt herself get bit dizzy from the reduced amount of oxygen entering her lungs. But in her haze, she started to realize who was holding her down. It was the bouncer, Bradly. He had a terrifying grin on his face, but his eyes looked empty and thoughtless. He said nothing, but as he continued to pin her down. His massive hand wandered across Sabrina's chest, groping her breasts roughly before yanking and tearing off her black lace bra.

When Sabrina was awoken by a sudden pain around her neck, she thought she was having a nightmare. She couldn't think much as she opened her eyes to see that the room was still dark, her eyes moving up to the person that was causing the pain. Her eyes widened when she saw that it was the bouncer from the bar. Why was he here? Why was he hurting her? This had to be a nightmare. He'd seemed so nice before, but of course his size was scary. It was just a nightmare, but the pain felt all too real. She was quickly struggling, trying to get out of his hand as her breath was quickly leaving her lungs.

She brought up her hands to grab at his around her neck, desperately trying to pull him off of her as he pulled her bra off of her. She couldn't even gasp as her neck was in a tight grip. She felt her head getting light as her face turned red in the darkness, digging her nails into his cold arm as she tried anything she could to get him off of her. Her body was small and weak so she knew she was no match for him, but she couldn't just die without a struggle. That wasn't the kind of person she was. She would fight until the end if she had to, even if she was crying the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom