Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Consumed by Fire (DigitalSiren x Vekraihr)

Vekraihr

Berserkir
‘We have arrived at Altulox System, Captain. Now switching from interstellar drives to pulse drives. ETA to Venerax Station is 10 minutes.’

Golden eyes flashed open as the starship’s feminine AI spoke through the console which sat in front of the man who the hues belonged to. Sat in the pilot’s chair was a taller man of muscular, lean build and clad with a Class-S Erisian-Tech Battle Suit, which provided enhanced flexibility and greater protection from both weapons and extreme climates alike. Black and white plates of metal amalgams and alloys, far sturdier than their weight would suggest, lay in strategic places over his body, giving him a slightly more severe appearance. His Second Skin, a type of membrane which protected the epidermis from the harsher elements of the battle suit, peeks out between the plates and glimmers with glowing lines of blue circuitry and crimson runes. Surrounding his head, a helmet with a clear visor seals him within an artificial atmosphere, just in case he needed to make a sudden escape into the vacuum of space for any reason. And, orbiting him in a slow, lazy ellipse was a mote of singularly brilliant, blue light which appeared as though it were a miniaturized star.

His shuttle was of sleek design, the body narrow and coming to a point with two wings in the rear where the thrusters and main engine were housed. Transparent aluminum in the nose of the ship made it possible to look out into space from the cockpit, allowing for a 270-degree field of view in front. Blue lights from the plasma engines dimmed as the ship shifted from hyperspace upon approach to the station. One moment, his vision was filled with nothing but a dark, yawning abyss which hyperspace took the form of; and the next, a massive structure of gray and white metals, simple in its shape and complex in structure took over his entire field of view. Venerax Station was more massive than any other station he’d approached, and his eyes scanned over the various lighted pylons whilst they blinked in some pattern which was unknown to him. In the lower hemisphere of the station, his eyes focused upon the soft glow of forcefield doors, knowing this must be the port for the station as various shuttles were queued for arrivals while others flew out and in many directions away from this technological marvel.

‘Captain, I am receiving a hailing frequency from Venerax Station. Putting it through to your communicator.’

Suddenly, his helmet filled with what sounded like an artificial, masculine voice which said, “Attention, vessel of the Allied Human Concord, callsign “Swift Prominence”. You have been granted priority clearance to Venerax Station. Please, state your name and transponder number for verification purposes.” His response was practiced and quick, as he’d performed this handshake at least hundreds of times for the last decade of his life, “This is Captain Sol Novarus, transponder code A-397611240. Is there any specific reason I’m getting preferential treatment?” He wasn’t unused to his arrivals being expedited, just not to systems he’d never been to nor when he hadn’t a bounty he was hunting already. “I’m terribly sorry, I am not privy to such information. Please, proceed to the 27th dock, hangar 19 for admission. Coordinates have been sent to your navigation computer. Welcome to Venerax Station!” the response came just before the communication channel shut down and he shrugged his shoulders. “Whatever. Take us in, Ana,” he said while toggling a few switches, preparing the ship’s docking subroutines and allowing his AI access to the landing coordinates. Swinging towards the port, the only sound in the cockpit was the gentle thrum of his ship’s reactor as it flew itself into a slow, calculated landing within the space station’s massive transportation district.

Upon his departure from the vessel, Sol was pleased to find that the atmosphere was compatible with his biology and so he deactivated the helmet, which began to collapse within the neck of his suit merely at the command of his mind. His physiology had been combined with various machines and interfaces, allowing him access to some finer points of space exploration.
His long, black hair was tied into a ponytail behind his head, which he pulled from underneath the neck of his Second Skin. He’d allowed his hair to get caught in the suit’s moving pieces once and that was enough for him to remember to keep it well out of the way.

Approaching him as he departed were two androids wearing similar uniforms, of gray and white with black geometric patterns and identifying numbers upon each chest. He imagined these were the border agents and his suspicions turned to confirmation as he was gestured to follow to a building no bigger than a small room. Entering through an open doorway, he was greeted with a desk in the center of the room, the two androids sitting across from him and a chair was presented to him on his side of the table. These interviews never took too long, but they were a little tedious at these higher security stations. He answered questions about himself, about his intentions aboard the station, and his intended duration of stay. Enduring, Sol found his mind wandering before the conversation wrapped up, after which the androids spoke in unison, “Welcome to Venerax Station!” It was always a little weird when they did that, he thought as he gave a nod and left the interior.

As part of his intake, his implants began to interface with the space station’s network and had downloaded all the maps allowed to him, as well as any other data of importance which was available to him through what was called the ‘Intellinet’. Sol was surprised to see a message in his heads-up display, with a priority sender from somewhere within the system. “Well, I can see why I was granted clearance so quickly,” he said to himself as he opened the missive and began to read through.

‘Mr. Solarus,

It has come to the attention of myself and some associates of mine regarding your impending arrival in the Altulox System. Being as you are a bounty hunter of some renown, we feel you are best suited for the task at hand. A dangerous alien has infiltrated our fair station and we can think of no one better equipped than you to neutralize this threat. As part of the bounty, we have filed an injunction with the Arbiters to allow you aboard immediately when your ship enters the station’s proximity. Enclosed, you will find the details regarding this alien and her last known location and contacts within the station. Upon completion, you will receive a payment of 325,000 Credits, standard. We hope you will not let us down.

Sincerely,
Dr. Tremarus Stryke’

Indeed, attached to the mail were details identifying a young woman of unknown background who had abilities which she had apparently been using to harm the denizens of The Spine. Sol began reading about this district of the station, seeing it as the lower class residences and serving a few other purposes as far as storage and distribution went. His mind was flooded with the thoughts of how extremely well-funded this man must be. That bounty alone was what he would make in a year and would go a long way to ensuring his continued survival as he trekked between the stars. Resolute and determined, the mercenary began to walk towards the transportation elevators to make his way to the transportation elevators. These hangars were immense but were still a bit crowded as many different creatures and peoples made their way back and forth along the various paths and with differing amounts of cargo. Sol found himself having to push through the masses a bit, but eventually waded his way to a vacant elevator and he sealed himself inside as it swiftly brought him towards The Spine.

Soon, the door opened into a sprawling expanse, though not quite as large as the hangar had been, which was poorly lit compared to the bright interior of the docks. A thin haze was visible in the air, especially when looking into the further distances and Sol could feel an acrid, almost metallic sensation on his tongue and nostrils. “Mm...It’s a wonder anyone can live here at all,” he commented to no one in particular as he made his way out of the lift and into the throngs. People always seemed to be more present in these common areas and became a little sparse when one traveled to the lesser corridors and walks. It was down one of these corridors, where living quarters were lined into the walls like the cells of a hive, that Sol should be able to find the last known contact point of the quarry he was now tracking. As his footfalls sounded heavily outside of the door to the apartment, several sharp raps upon the door preceded him adopting a defensive stance. His mote of stellar power began to shine a bit brighter as his senses heightened, prepared to fight if he must as he was given to understand if his prey was dangerous, so might her companions be.

Last edited:
Sweat dripped down her brow slowly as a small hand pushed back the weighty helmet meant to protect from the white hot light that licked from the torches that most welders used in their trade. Delicate fingers brushed the glowing metal, molten orange and yellow cooling rapidly under the tips of Oriane's fingers. The polished surface of the metal held delicate little squiggles. To a trained eye, the join was perfect.. Not too quick or slow the line of metal was just right. Pulling the helmet off, Oriane brushed the back of her hand across her forehead, smudging some of the dirt that had found it's way to her pale skin. A burst of steamy air from above made the delicate female groan, the currents of hot air lifting the damp curls from her neck. The sensation wasn't pleasant. It wasn't the heat that bothered Orii, it was the dampness, the humidity that accompanied it. It was like wading through pea soup. Fingers fumbled with the zipper of the simple black coveralls, yanking it down with a hint of desperation. If it was damp outside of the protective fabric, within it was a sauna. The thick air felt almost heavenly as Orii struggled to peel the fabric from her shoulders and arms. Underneath was a plain grey tank top, the thick fabric clinging to her skin. Tying her coveralls at her waist, a rush of violently golden red curls fell to one side as her head fell towards her shoulder, slowly rotating back and to the other side. "Fuck" Husky tones moaned the word out softly as the muscles of neck and shoulders stretched.

Straightening slowly, Oriane grabbed her pack and hoisted it over her shoulder. A shower sounded divine. A cold shower, her mind corrected. Bellamere would be angry at the additional charge that using cold water would bring on their next bill, but such a simple luxury would be worth it. Slowly heading towards the market, she had half a mind to splurge on more than the shower. A nice meal for the two of them and perhaps a frivolous purchase of sweet smelling soaps. Did they need them? No.. of course not. The bland cream colored bars and white unscented shampoo were both effective and utilitarian in their design and usage. A smile curled on her lips, thinking of the argument she and Bellamere would have. The elder woman would berate her for such impractical purchase, even if she would happily use the soap and shampoo alike. Besides, Orii smiled to herself as she stepped into a lift. "Market, please" The polite words spoken to the stations computer. The box began to move upwards, she could feel the pull of gravity as the elevator slipped between sections of the station, some tethered by the gravity field, others not. No need to waste energy on gravity where no one should normally be. The doors slid open and Orii stepped from the solitude of the lift into a throng of people. Picking her way through people she headed to find soap first.

Unbeknownst to Oriane as she sniffed bars of solid shampoo, someone was looking for her, and it wasn't one of the normal denizens of Venerax. Someone in need of healing, who had heard of Bellamere and the few dozen others that Orii had been able to help. Though, the one seeking her was here because of those men and women who Oriane had provided succor to. The knocking on the door of their small home went unanswered as a sweet honey and bergamot scented bar was picked along with a bar of toffee and vanilla soap. Oriane couldn't help but want to smell soft, feminine. It was something she missed from the days on Raitis Q3. Something sorely absent since arriving on the station. Humming softly, the melody drowned out by the din of chatter and haggling, her precious purchases tucked safely away in her pack, Orii made her way towards the food stalls. The smell in the air is what she always noticed first.. Sweet, spicy, herbal to name just a few she could pick out. The merchants here sold dishes from their home worlds... No matter your race, you could find something to remind you of home.

Standing in line before a stall that sold Korean food, Oriane lifted the heavy fall of hair off her neck. Fingers nimbly twisting the locks into a bun. Tendrils of hair fell from it, the effect oddly charming. A bright smile was offered to the wizened old man behind the wooden counter. "Could I have two Kimchi-ppang, two Kimbap and" she paused biting her lower lip in thought for a moment, eyeing the menu "Two Gyeran-bbang?" Paying she smiled and moved off to the side to wait for her order. Her good mood radiating from her small form. A group of men caught her attention, the feel of their eyes on her skin. She passed it off as nothing. She wasn't looking her best at the moment. Flaming red locks piled at the crown of her head, her pale, creamy skin streaked with dirt more than likely. Blue green eyes flickered to them again and she shifted uneasily, their eyes still on her. Her smile had faded a while ago, her soft lips turning down at the corners. Rubbing at her nose, she looked away again, trying to force her mind elsewhere. When would Bellamere be done with her work? Could she sneak that ice cold shower before she was home?

Her order ready, Orii snagged the bag and looked back to where the men had been, the space now empty. Sighing softly she headed off, trying to shake the odd sense of dread curling in the pit of her stomach. She was over reacting. "Stop spooking yourself Orii.." Her husky voice chiding in a whisper. Heading to the nearest lifts, she stepped inside. The men still no where in sight. "Spine, please" The lift sped downwards and minutes later the doors slid open to the hazy corridors of The Spine.

Sol sighed as his patience began to wane with each passing moment in which the door remained unanswered. His golden eyes flicked to each side of him, scanning for any prying eyes which may be watching him too closely. He was certainly overdressed for this area and its denizens, appearing to be the most militant as well thanks to his combat armor. With a heavy, gauntleted fist, a few more raps rang through the corridor and into the small home beyond the door. He wasn't certain he wanted to break into this woman's home as he didn't know the extent of her connection to Oriane. Instead, he thought he might talk to the locals and see if he could extract any opinions from them.

Turning away from the door, his practiced gaze fell over the few who roamed this pathway in search of one who would be the most likely to speak with him. His eyes came across an older woman, one of Avanian descent, who looked amenable enough to be approached. Avanians were extraordinary in their biology, their skin tone a muted green with highlights of iridescence which varied from one individual to another. Their eyes could be any sort of color and appeared to shift with their moods, which led to them being sought after as diplomatic agents when honesty was valued above all else. As Sol approached her, her eyes shifted slightly more red as if to warn him off but slowly faded back to a beautiful, welcoming violet as her hues beheld the spectacle before her.

As he strode forward, he began to emanate with beautiful, blue starlight that surrounded him like a heavenly corona. His masculine features were handsomely accentuated and those around who witnessed him couldn't help but feel as though he was an old friend, someone to be trusted intrinsically. His smile, typically white and broad, was dazzling as he focused his warm, golden eyes upon the Avanian woman. "I'm terribly sorry to bother you, miss, but I was wondering if you could do something to help me out? I find myself in need of some information and I'm afraid there is no response at the door of who I desire to speak with. My name is Sol. Would you be able to tell me anything about the people living here?" his voice was deep in tone, with a gravelly quality which gave him a resonance to syllables containing 'r' sounds.

Her attention was immediate and complete as this man spoke, his presence demanding both respect and compliance and her will not strong enough to resist. "Oh yes, of course, sir. It's no trouble at all! I am called Villaria and I actually live just down the way, here. It's a pleasure to meet you," she spoke warmly and kindly, as one might to a family member, and her violet hues remained transfixed upon his glowing form. She continued, "I actually am fairly familiar with the two who live there. Bellamere has been there the longest and has been an absolute delight for as long as I can remember. Had some health problems for a while and, just as she was getting worse, the other girl shows up from some colony -- can't quite remember the name of it -- and suddenly, Bellamere was all better! Said the girl --Oriane, I believe-- healed her of her ailments. Can you believe it? Just like that! Orii has been helping out the people of this community since she's been here. She is the sweetest child I have ever known."

Her words were as sincere as they could possibly be, and this troubled Sol greatly. While he had made his living as a bounty hunter, he did so against criminals, fugitives, and other figures who broke society’s rules for their own personal gain. His smile remained as his brow furrowed slightly with aggravation directed at his inner dialogue. "I thank you, kind Villaria. You have been most instrumental at this moment when I needed it most," his last words precipitated his aura beginning to fade and attention began to slowly shift its way back to the tasks with which the others had been previously occupied. Villaria gave a gentle blush and smiled at Sol before collecting herself and moving on with her day. Left with this dilemma, his brow still pinched together, wrinkling his fair skin as he ground his teeth slightly.

~What to do...? What to do...?~ he questioned himself internally, beginning to pace back and forth as he clenched and unclenched his fists. He knew Oriane could be using her good deeds as a facade in order to gain the protection of the citizens around her. It was a useful tactic, one used by several bounties which he'd reigned in during his previous escapades. There was only one method he knew of which he could use to extract the truth and to do it he would need Oriane to show her face. He would fight her and see what combat prowess she had, if any, and to judge her reaction to him, the fight, and the environment. Martial practice was a great way to get to know someone’s inner character. Sol watched towards the door and waited for Oriane to arrive, leaning his sturdy frame against a nearby wall and keeping an eye for the young woman.

The familiar bustle of The Spine welcomed her and helped soothe her further. The station's numerous denizens never looked quite the same due to the traffic from each inbound transport, with just as many leaving on the next. So it wasn't odd for her to have seen faces she'd never seen before. Even still, the way it had felt that their eyes lingered on her. It was different than when a man or woman was interested in her in the basest sense. No, their gazes had felt almost malevolent. Stepping from the lift, mind lost in her own musings. She couldn't think of why anyone would wish to harm her, she was likely being silly. A smile curled on her lips softly as she headed towards her home through one of the many winding paths that lead there.

Oriane's mood had brightened the closer to her dwelling she drew. The shower back on her mind and the oddity of the men pushed from her consciousness with effort. Turning right, Orii found herself in an empty back alley. They were rarely used for fear of unsavory types and muggings.. She could defend herself against an unwanted assailant, high as a kite on Rallicitate. The trigger of high levels of serotonin made the users feel that sweet euphoria that most of the addicts sought, it was cheaper and the feeling of giddy high came on fast and lasted a long time. Though, once the high wore off? Well Ralli as it was nicknamed, caused the brain to release artificial serotonin but having the unfortunate side effect of reducing the ability to naturally produce it. Lower natural serotonin leading to increased aggression when not riding the high. Most addicts were able to keep up their constant high, the drug cheap.. but because of the dependency was needed multiple times a day. She could handle even someone coming down from that high... Footfalls sounded behind her and she frowned. It was okay.. Several more sounded from in front and behind. "Stupid.."

Looking behind her she could see the outline of three men and as her head turned back to the front, she could make out the shapes of two more in the distance. "Fuck!" The men? It.. Had to be. And she was stupid enough to walk down the sparsely lit alleyway, choked in smog... alone. She wasn't winning any sharpest tool in the toolbox awards this night. Walking forward she braced herself. Oriane knew she could be wrong about them, their intentions. She doubted she was though. The fact they'd followed her, or lain in wait near her home? Wait.. That meant they knew where she lived.. Her.. normal route.. Her mind was slowly piecing this together. Oh hell. Picking up her pace she hoped to make it to the closest exit some ten feet in front of her, knowing in the same hopeful thought she was so very screwed. All I need to do is get past the two... Once I am in the open.. they will have to back off, right? The thought was sound, even if it seemed like a pipe dream.

The men in front got there first, as she knew they would. Dropping her bag she let whatever it was that allowed her to weld with her her bare hands rise within her. Closer now, she could see one towered over her, his sheer bulk dwarfing her. The other was reed thin and held a nasty looking blade. Her hands began to glow, a pale white tinged yellow with flicks of orange and red licking outwards. The larger of the two men hesitated, speaking to the man behind him in some dialect or tongue she didn't understand. The answer was clear. "Don't be a pussy, get her!", or something along those lines, she was sure. "Please... I don't want to hurt you" Her voice was firm, however she couldn't keep the fear from her words. If it was her or them.. it was them.

Her hands lit up the ally, showing off the dingy haze that hung around them. The rotund man who had to be mostly muscle with the way he moved reached for her and she let him grab her wrist, the flames licking up her wrist towards his hand. It was the smell, not the hi-pitched scream that hit her first. It killed the hunger she felt.. Humans it seemed, smelled like a combination of beef and pork. But, there was more... A sulfurous smell, as the hair on his arm went up in flames. All together it smelled almost nauseating and sweet. Bile filled her mouth as his hi-pitched squeals rang out and bounced back towards them. Now, rather than trying to hold onto her, he tried to pull his hand free, frantically. When he was able to peel his hand off her, she could see the way his skin had bubbled, browned and burnt. Oriane could still feel his hand on her, and the bile pushed up her throat as the bigger man stumbled back into his companion with the knife.

She needed to go now... Fight of flight, Oriane would choose to run. Stumbling from the alley, hands glowing and then stuttering out as she collapsed just outside on her hands and knees, retching. Her stomach void of contents and only bile came up. Orii couldn't help but mourn the food left in the dingy darkness. A noise stirred behind her and she scrambled backwards into the open space the crowd had made around her as she'd thrown up. Scrambling backwards further in an odd crab walk she watched the thinner man come at her, knife raised. It seemed he didn't care that there were people watching... Holding up one hand to ward off the blow she gave a cry as it sliced through her palm. She could see the blood before she felt it... Bright, ruby drops.

As Sol waited for his quarry to show up, he grew increasingly disquieted about the entire situation. It didn’t make sense for a doctor to be hiring him to remove a criminal from what was effectively the seedy underbelly of the station. Less sensical was the age and seeming disposition of the young woman which he was set to hunt. He could find absolutely no negative information regarding her on the Intellisphere and it seemed like she was even gainfully employed by the station’s construction crew. Now, in days past, construction crews often acted as fronts for organized crime, but these practices were, generally, human behavior and humans were far and away from the dominant presence upon this station. This unease put him on a higher alert as his mind raced with various thoughts.

His senses entirely coalesced and crystallized into a sharp focus as he saw flickering coming from an otherwise dim alleyway nearby. Something was going on over there and he grew curious as to what exactly was transpiring. Starting slowly towards the passage, a loud and high-pitched shriek reverberated from within and echoed out into the larger corridor. Now it was absolute and Sol could feel his body, tense with the need to react, pumping full of adrenaline. As he began to move faster towards the corridor, suddenly stumbled out from within a young, red-haired girl. There could be no mistaking it, she was the prey he’d been contracted to hunt. Oriane struck him momentarily, as he had never seen one of her race, and her complexion and fiery locks lent to an almost supernatural appearance.

His drinking in of her physicality was stopped short as he became aware of the knife-wielding thug lunged out towards her with the knife swinging madly. Sol tried to react but was a moment too late as he heard the sound of the blade rending flesh as Orii cried out with pain. In an instant, the star-like corona shrouded the tall mercenary and his body briefly took on the appearance of pure light. And, much like light, he was instantaneously between Orii and her assailant, his corporeal form quickly regenerating as he used the momentum from his movement to strike. Digging his heel into the ground and spinning, his gauntleted fist struck the reedy figure with a resounding ‘crack’. Teeth and blood flew from the goon’s reeling head as he fell, unconscious, to the ground. Planting his feet in a firmly defensive, and seemingly protective, stance, Sol kept himself between Orii and the alleyway.

“Keep yourself a little distant,” he said in his deep, gravelly voice as he watched the other men begin to filter out into the larger corridor. As the larger man began to speak, Sol didn’t allow him to even finish his first syllable. Suddenly, the mote which circled him turned into a point of infinite darkness as his attunement shifted from the light photonic mode into the darker graviton mode. Orii could feel the shift of energy just from him being close to her, as well as see the darkening of his aura, and there was another, larger disturbance in the middle of the group of men. Without warning, they were thrown against each other heavily with cries of pain as their bodies crashed into each other with great velocity. Lasting only a moment, the singularity he formed was enough to at least toss all the men around and disorient them. Two more fell unconscious as their heads smashed together in the whiplash as a voice came over the station’s announcement system,

‘Warning -- Severe Gravitational Anomaly present in Sector 17. All residents, please vacate the area.’

~Oh great, they monitor the gravity. Why wouldn’t they? This could be dangerous, after all.~ Sol thought to himself as he looked at the remaining two men. People were scattered around, some fleeing from this battle scene while others kept a perimeter and watched with a combination of fascination and excitement. Teeth were bared as the more robust of the two individuals held his hands up and arched his neck to each side with loud cracks and pops. Suddenly, he lunged forward with a surprising quickness as the pupils of his eyes seemed to contract until they were barely perceivable as pinpoints. Sol crossed his arms in front of himself and strengthened his stance, seeming to almost root himself on the spot as the gravitational flux intensified. He was using a stimulant of some kind, that was for certain, but which one? Asteridol? Korizimine? Not that it really mattered, as the man’s full weight came crashing against Sol’s firm position and, while managing to push him back a few inches, didn’t cause him to tumble or even falter like it might with someone less capable or trained.

Grunting and growling with exertion, both men pushed to gain the upper hand on the other. While surprisingly strong, even for his exceptional stature, Sol had a few advantages over this rotund man. His influence over gravity allowed him to keep himself almost entirely anchored in place and his body was augmented in ways that gave him an upper hand in most physical altercations. As Sol pushed hard to uncross his arms, the large man struggled but ultimately lost his footing and staggered backward as Sol pushed up towards an offensive stance. As he did so, his mote transitioned back to the vibrant blue star and there was once again a change in his energy. Suddenly, the mote vanished and in his hands began to appear a blade of pure, concentrated starlight. It hummed violently as the plasma roiled in the atmosphere, sounding almost like a continuous, small explosion.

All at once, the last lackey realized exactly what they were dealing with and that he had been severely overconfident in their boss. This armored mercenary who stood before them was a Solarian, a being capable of influencing and producing photons and gravitons at will, in an abundance and constant enough supply to generate miniature stars, black holes, instantly move, among many other rumored talents. They were incredibly rare and tended to live nomadically and isolated, so rumors of them tended to be chalked up to myth, legend, or sheer hyperbole. His intense demeanor shifted towards terror as he turned to flee, only to strike himself against the corner of the wall to the alley, rendering himself unconscious. The warning which had come over the speakers a moment ago repeated itself as Sol marched towards the last man standing.

A single fist flew towards his face and continued to travel past the Solarian as his blade cleaved through the wrist without much noise or commotion at all. Those that had gathered made a collective noise of shock. The wounds instantly cauterized from the high-heat plasma which comprised the weapon, and the severed hand landed flaccidly a few inches from Oriane. Screaming with pain briefly, the man began to sob as Sol loomed towards him with his blue-white corona burning around him, and his eyes were filled with the same energy. The other’s eyes were becoming lucid and reactive again as he fell to his knees and cried out, “Don’t kill me! I’ll do anything you want! Just don’t...Don’t fucking kill me!” Sol cocked his head to the side a bit and gave a slow grin as he allowed the light in his hand to flow back into the mote to orbit his head again.

“Oh, don’t worry, I won’t kill you. But I’m sure the station guard is going to be very happy to see you apprehended. But tell me, why did you attack this young lady?” he gestured towards Oriane as he began to produce electromagnetic restraints which bound tightly around one’s wrists and ankles and pulled them together using powerful magnetic fields. Because of their adjusting size, they were able to hold on even when a hand wasn’t present, which was frequently the case with aliens and criminals. One by one, Sol bound and placed each member of the group on their stomachs in the middle of the corridor. Awaiting a response from the man, he moved over towards the injured Orii and gave a warm, disarming smile, “You doing alright?”

Eyes had been fixated on the red drops that slid along her pale palm, beading and then falling in a fat little tear of crimson to splatter on the ground. More drops following quicker. Shock? Was she in shock? Her mind felt oddly fuzzy and she gave a small giggle. She shouldn't be in shock! It was just a cut.. And she'd not been hurt before that. Another giggle bubbled to her lips as she looked back towards the man with the dagger. What was he doing? Instead of tall and ugly, she found herself staring into the back of a stranger... And ugly was sprawled along the same floor she was. Another giggle left her and she looked up at Sol, fighting back another giggle as he spoke. The words made sense on the surface but her mind didn't process it properly. Tendrils of red lifted on an unseen currant towards the man before her. Oriane didn't feel like she was still trapped within her own skin.

The fight between her savior and the men lost in time as her body went through a metamorphosis of feelings and sensations. The almost giddy feeling leaving her cold and distant. The pupils with her unusual eyes obstructed the iris leaving a thin band of deeper green that bled into blue.. the inner ring of paler green not visible anymore. Trembling she looked up at Sol as the man behind him began to babble. "We were hired to kill her" His speech fluctuating between common and that odd language he'd spoken in the darkness of the alley. "Don't know why man" Her eyes held Sol's and she smiled, clearly not doing alright. The smile lit up her pale skin, paler now than it had been just minutes before. She seemed unaware she was trembling, or of her doll like look. He was handsome and she sat there like a child almost, staring up into those golden eyes as blood pooled under her palm.

The wound was forgotten, it didn't hurt anymore. She was too cold to feel it. Where she normally burned hot, the feeling was missing and she didn't seem to notice. Not that anyone around them would have known the detail either. Her injured hand lifted and through the blood, the outline of skin could be seen. The edges of the wound discoloring.. Still the man behind them rambled. "Got hired a few hours ago" It had been after Sol had accepted the bounty. The doctors had gotten antsy and hired thugs as back up. The needed the woman gone. "Hundred thousand credits to kill some skirt.. It should have been easy man." The doctors had at least valued Sol more...

The words were lost on the woman on the floor and her eyes had turned to her hand. Frowning at it. She shouldn't be bleeding. She seem transfixed by this phenomenon when Bellamere pushed through the crowd. The first thing she took in was the men bound and the one standing before Oriane. Then her eyes found Orii herself and she gasped. Pushing forward she all but shoved Sol away. "Idiot! Don't just stare at her, can't you see she is hurt?" Her tone was hostile as she helped Orii to her feet. "Help or move" The words barked at Sol as she began to move Orii towards their dwelling, she could feel as Oriane's form lightened, the man helping. "Girl, what have you gotten yourself into now?" The words mummered, the worry clear.

The shock was slowly starting to wear off and as she was dragged towards home, her body began to heat once more. Swearing she pulled Oriane faster towards the door. "Get the door" She only assumed the male was following. "If we don't get her inside soon, The Spine will see another spectacle this night" Already Oriane was becoming uncomfortably warm. She knew what would come, but she doubted the man did. In fact.. She doubted anyone but herself knew what was coming. The air around Oriane began to shimmer, currents of heat distorting her edges and locks of red floated on tendrils of invisible currants.. "Hold on girl, almost there.." Inside, they could lay her within the Zeolite box that they had come up with for occurrences such as this, it would help... Absorbing the vast amount of heat Orii was about to produce. If this was a celestial event, Oriane was about to become a supernova.

Within their dwelling she rushed Oriane into the elevated white box and closed the door before quickly stepping away. The air outside the box began to shimmer and the white walls began to glow, as if within a sun was blossoming. Turning Bellamere's eyes sought the man, hands on her hips. Someone owed her an explanation! "What in the bloody hell happened to Orii?" Her tone had not lost that hostile tone, it was clear at fault or not, he'd bare the brunt of her anger. Hands on her hips she waited, one brow lifted as the box behind her began to glow yellow and orange.

Sol’s eyes narrowed with frustration as the man spoke, his universal translator not functioning as the man switched from the common tongue to this strange dialect. However, certain words hit his ears so hard they might as well have left them ringing. ~Hired to kill her? Them?! Fucking double bookers. They always get fucking amateurs for the second hunters.~ Sol’s internal monologue was furious as he looked upon Oriane with concern. It looked as though she had been poisoned, or something else nasty. No cut that small should have bled as much, nor left her feeling as sick. And yet, her creamy skin was almost transparent she’d turned so pale and her eyes betrayed a child-like wonder that only delirium afforded her.

His golden hues followed the shape of her body and then locked onto the wound on her hand as it discolored. It had to have been poison. Of all the blasted things for him to have forgotten, he had nothing which he could treat her within the immediate moment. The man’s next words infuriated Sol even further as his blue-white aura shimmered around him. “Just shut the fuck up already!” he barked back towards the low life, no longer caring to hear him speak. He needed to focus so he could figure out what to do with what appeared to be a dying Orii. He reached a hand out towards her injured one, fingers reaching beneath hers to tilt her hand for him to view more easily.

However, he was jostled aside as a rather energetic woman pushed through the crowd and began accosting him. “I’m well aware of that! I was present for it!” he calmly growled back to the woman, hearing her demand for aid that he was already trying to administer in the first place. He all but lifted Orii from her arms as he moved quickly with Bellamere to guide the injured girl to safe harbor. “I’m still piecing everything together, but I’m starting to get an idea of what might be happening here. I’ll need more information from you later,” Sol’s words were meant to be a help to Bella, but he doubted they would assuage her concern.

Oriane’s body began to heat up quite quickly as Bella moved faster towards the door. “I’m larger than you, I’ll move faster with her. You get the door,” his order was clear as he pulled the rest of Orii’s weight into his arms as he carried her in a draped but supported fashion between his arms. Sol rushed within and stepped well within the living quarters as the door was rushed shut behind him. Following Bella’s lead, he helped lift the rapidly heating body to the box which had very obviously been built for this exact purpose. “Not the first time, then?” Sol asked as he looked at Bella, who began to step back carefully from the box.

An inquisition was in order and he was the target of this woman’s ire. Sol crossed his arms as he gave a warm, sharp look into the hues which seemed a similar hue to his own. “So, in the spirit of full disclosure, I was contracted to kill Orii for a hefty sum. A very hefty sum. However, I don’t kill people who aren’t criminals. Hell, I don’t even kill the criminals half the time. I bring them in to face justice. It seemed like those men were also hired to eliminate her and, had I not stepped in, they would have at least gotten away with the attempt,” he spoke in a matter-of-fact tone as his gaze wandered from hers and towards the glowing box.

Continuing on, “One of them got her in the hand with a rather nasty looking blade. Probably poisoned to some degree, from the looks of how her wound festered.” He sounded rather unhappy by this and his tone suggested he felt partly responsible for not acting sooner. As the heat within the room rose as the Zeolite material increased in heat, he seemed completely unperturbed by the temperature shift. Instead, he pushed past Bella and placed himself between her and the heat source. “I can’t imagine it’s comfortable for you to be that close to this...Unless you’re somehow fire-resistant,” he explained, knowing full well that she may have such a capability. However, he knew he was fire resistant and the heat coming off of the box paled in comparison to the heat generated by stars.

“My name is Sol. I’m a bounty hunter, as you might expect at this point. I take it you are Bellamere, of whom I’ve read about in the file which was attached to my bounty contract. I suppose I should ask you, is she really capable of healing people? And if so, does she truly provide such a service for free? Because, if that’s the case, I’m fairly certain I can narrow down the motivation the doctors’ have for hiring me and others,” he spoke with respect in his voice, brought up to show strangers whatever kindness he could afford and to be polite when within another’s home. “Unfortunately, doctors hold a lot of gravitas within space stations so, even with evidence of their ill deeds, I fear nothing would be done to hold them accountable,” his last words were almost menacing in the underlying threat in his voice, though its direction was pointed far from the women present. His vision stayed simultaneously conscious of Bella before him, though he was far more curious about what was going on within that box.

The help had been appreciated, Oriane while small was still dead weight in her arms. When the man had picked up the tiny female like it was nothing Bellamere had hurried forward. "Within the chamber, quickly" The words rasped as she watched with worried eyes. Once she'd been sealed away she faced Sol with crossed arms. "No.." There was clearly more, but Bellamere did not trust the man enough to share. She looked over her shoulder. The box had been brought with her, Bellamere remembered how the small thing had insisted in sleeping within the white box. It had never made sense, the box looked uncomfortable, even if the slab of Zeolite was curved to support her form. Then one night, several months later, Bellamere had learned the reason for the box. A nightmare, she'd learn after. The box had glowed, much like it was now.

Drawn to the present by the sound of his voice her eyes found his own... Both of them had golden orbs, though hers were not a fine as his. Bellamere could admit such, even as her own narrowed. She allowed him to explain fully, which proved to be worthwhile. He'd come to capture her and then helped her instead. Sighing softly she allowed him to switch places with her, the sweat that had been beading along her back gelling the moment she moved away from the blistering heat. Her eyes did not watch him as he spoke, but focused on the box. "Do not worry yourself about the blade or the poison" A soft smile curled on her lips. "Orii will be right as rain soon enough" Her eyes shifted to him for a moment. "Thank you" It was unclear exactly what she thanked him for. For blocking some of the heat, for helping Oriane? Both?

Taking a seat she looked past him one more, nodding. "Yes. I am Bellamere. I'd say it's a pleasure, but I am sure you understand my concern, even now" A slight smile formed on her lips as he questioned if Oriane could heal people. "I was dying, Sol." Her eyes moved to his once more. "I don't mean that dramatically. I had been ill long before I took Oriane in and was able to hide it from her for a long time" Her smile grew remembering just how furious the child had been with her. How Oriane's frame had vibrated with her anger. "By the time Orii found out, I was on death's door. The 'Doctors' had been charging me an arm and a leg for a medicine that.." She sighed and shook her head. "It seemed to speed the disease that was eating away at my organs, my bones." She looked at her hands, frowning. "Oriane came home from work to find me not here.. I had collapsed on a job and was choking on my own blood when she found me." Shivering she met his eyes again. "I don't remember all of what happened and if it's all the same, I'd like to keep my experience to myself with how she healed me, but heal me she did. I don't have a speck of the wasting disease left in my body"

The following snort was far from ladylike and she nodded. "Oriane has healed others since and though they have tried to pay her, she refuses. You have seen how we live here. It's not the lap of luxury. We can afford some comforts, she and I. Many others are unable to. She wouldn't take from anyone what they honestly can't afford to give." Rising she paced, as if sitting still was too much. "I knew there would be some sort of repercussions from them, the slime" She'd warned Orii of the dangers, but she'd brushed off the warning. They wouldn't notice her working small bouts of healing on people they had written off for dead.

Behind them within the cube of Zeolite, Oriane was aflame. Her clothing was no match for the heat and had long since burned away. Hair and body had melted away while she was deeply under. Composed of living fire, her hair moved with a mind of it's own, swirling and dancing on the heated currents within. Flames licked along her small form. She no longer looked human. Rather more like if a sun had a human form. Arcs of flame leaped from her body, like solar flares. Dark little spots flowing along her form akin to sunspots, fading in and out as her body burned. The poison had burned away about the same time her clothing had, and now her body worked to repair the damage. In total she burned only for five minutes.. But as she cooled and her human form returned she lay slumbering. It wasn't until the last licks of fire had vanished that her eyes flickered open.

The box still glowed with her heat and she frowned. Flashes of what had happened coming back in fragments. Sitting up, Oriane stood for a moment. She didn't really know what happened when she was within the box.. Her mind tucked away safely in a deep blackness. Opening the door she blinked at the back of a man. Her eyes shot to Bellamere who chuckled. "Eyes forward Sol" The words a warning, though she smiled softly at the girl as she rushed to find clothing. Had Sol peeked, he'd have found flawless pale skin and gentle curves. Her body was, Bellamere admitted to herself, perfect. From the fullness of her breasts, to the tapered waist where hips blossomed. Scrambling to dress Oriane pulled on a black sleeveless dress, the sides of it bare save for straps just under her breasts and at her hips. For what should have been loose due to the lack of sides, it clung to her breasts and stomach before flaring slightly at her hips. Golden lines accented the one side and on the same side the fell over her breast.

Oriane slowly stepped into view, bare foot and hair wild as it fell down her back. Gone for the moment were the deep green and blue eyes. What met his own eyes was liquid metals. Gold, bronze and silver swirled within her gaze. The last remnants of what had happened within the box. Her irises swirling and moving. Bellamere moved to Oriane and hugged her tight. "Bellamere" Her tones husky, a smile on her lips as she embraced the woman. Pulling away she looked to Sol, curiosity on her face. "Oriane, Sol.. Sol, Oriane" Bellamere stepped back. "He saved you Orii" It wasn't untrue, Bellamere figured and Orii didn't need to know he'd been sent to capture her. "Hello" Her mind brought back his eyes to her and she blushed, recalling the thought about the beauty of them. "I'm sorry for any trouble I might have caused you..." the blush lingered in her cheeks. "We don't have much.. But I could pay you for your help?" Was that proper, to pay someone who saved you? Hell if she knew... Though she'd yet looked away from his eyes, mesmerized by them.

It was good for him to hear that Oriane would be fine, though he wondered by what process she would regain her vigor. He’d heard tell of the Fénix race, a rare and mysterious variety who were rumored to recover from mortal injury by being reborn in flames. It was said that the mythological Phoenix bird his ancestors spoke of was inspired by these aliens. “It’s curious, I’ll see a sight I never thought I would on this day,” Sol said with a mixture of wonder and curiosity in his voice, his mind blank of the other possibility those words could convey. “You’re welcome, I suppose...Though I think I did what anyone would have done in my situation,” he felt the response was suited for either of the possibilities she could have been thanking him for.

“Yeah, it’s not exactly a good circumstance. Though, I am happy to be of service,” he said with a warm smile, his golden eyes appearing almost metallic as the light shimmered and glinted off of them. He listened intently, his entire focus on Bellamere as she recounted how Oriane saved her and saved others. It sickened him to think that anyone would try and murder someone for providing a healing service. Though, he understood it was less about healing was being given and more that services were being undercut. That didn’t change how disgusted he was with these doctors, however. Once she had finished, Sol’s expression had gone from frustrated to pensive and it looked as though his eyes were cast thousands of yards beyond where they stood.

“So, Orii is practically a saint around these parts, then? Just like Villaria said,” Sol murmured as he put his fingers between his furrowed brows and pressed the bridge of his nose. A deep, growling sigh left the man as his other fist shook at his side. He was filled with righteous indignation and the glow from the Zeolite only complimenting the coronal aura which danced around him. Small prominences and flares erupted from it, relaying the level of anger he was experiencing as the heat Oriane produced only invited the Solarian to give in to his desire to blow. Nothing got under his skin like advantaged people using their heights to spit on those below. However, this was neither the time nor the place for it, and both were too close for him to be comfortable with such a display. “I’ll kill them,” the malice in his voice was chilling, coming from what seemed to be an affable man just moments ago.

He was brought back to the present as he felt a cooling from the box and his gaze found it once again as the door opened. Bella beckoned him to look away a moment too late and he wished she’d warned him sooner. Oriane was an exemplar when it came to beauty, curves in all the right places, and skin so smooth you could calibrate an atomic force microscope on it. She was divine and it didn’t go unnoticed by the man. Forcing his eyes away, Bella might just hear the few cracks his neck gave as his muscles strained to feast his eyes for a little longer on the delicious spread before him. His cheeks were flushed crimson as his blood rushed there and other places, feeling a heat within him that he’d oftentimes found to be a distraction when he least needed it. Just by the looks of him, Bella would have an easy time telling he’d gotten more than an eyeful and enjoyed it. “For fuck’s sake,” he breathed out hotly, a little too loud for his liking. Depending on how well one or the other could hear, the words would have been audible to either.

Sol kept his gaze fixed away from Oriane as she dressed, trying to keep his mind from wandering too deeply afield. He was radiant from the overabundance of energy pent up within him at the moment, the blue-white light reaching out to tease the air around him. He paced his breathing, closing his eyes slowly and emptying his mind through the power of his will. Slowly, the aura ebbed and faded until it was barely visible and his eyes slowly opened once again to see Orii stepping out in what had to have been the best fitting dress he’d ever seen. ~How in the hell has it made her look more appealing?~ he hissed in his mind, absolutely flummoxed by this nearly divine woman standing before him.

His golden hues were smoldering and lively, with soft glimmers as their gazes met and he drank deep of what hers had to offer. Sol watched as the women embraced and his frustrations were gone in the moment, smiling with the knowledge that he’d at least helped them remain together at least a little longer. As Orii looked at him and Bella introduced him, Sol gave a polite bow at his waist, placing a hand on his stomach and bending just enough to where he was almost eye level with the girl. “Hello, Oriane. I’m glad to have helped you. I just wish I could have done a little more a little quicker,” he said warmly, a low chuckle leaving him as he straightened back up and shifted a little on his feet to fully correct his posture from the bow. His hues simmered as her cheeks ran red, a delicious color for her fair skin as he shook his head at her next statement.

“You’ve no need to be sorry. You didn’t put me in that predicament. I put myself into it,” he was reassuring but firm, his voice as powerful as his presence was. At 6’4”, he was all but towering over her. As she offered to pay him, his grin widened and he shook his head. “I’ve no need for any sort of money from you. I wouldn’t feel right accepting it, anyway. Think of my services as a bit of an apology for not acting fast enough to stop you from getting cut,” as he spoke, he reached up to Orii’s face and cupped her cheek, supporting her chin with his thumb and jaw with his fingers. The Second Skin he wore felt almost like real skin, though it was more rugged than the flesh which covered her. He only allowed himself a brief touch, wanting to communicate how unnecessary the offer was with more than his words. As his hand fell away, he continued, “I’m going to need to be on station longer than I had anticipated. Now that I know what those corrupt bastards are up to, I won’t stand by and let them take advantage. The best way you could help me right now is by telling me anything you can about the doctors here on Venerax Station and pointing me in the direction of somewhere I can sleep at night without losing an arm and a leg.”

He knew he’d need to pay for lodging somewhere and that wouldn’t really be much of an issue for him. Being new to the station meant that he didn’t know where the best reputation was to be had. Having someone who knew the station well would help him greatly now and in the future if he were to be successful in removing the doctors from their authoritarian hold upon the populace of the station. Just how far up did the corruption run, he wondered. Certainly, it didn’t stop at just them. Like a tumor, avarice and greed spread to those unafflicted and converts them to its wicked ways. He looked around the living quarters and then to Bella before settling his orbs on Orii, saying “If you had enough room here, I’d suggest I be here in order to be close. Full-time security could be nice and I could pay around 5000 credits a week.”

Oriane missed the way his eyes had found her body, how they had lingered for a moment before self control took over. Bellamere had not, a smile growing on her lips as he faced her once more. The elder woman worried about Oriane, the lack of lovers the girl had. Oh, she knew it wasn't because men and women didn't find her attractive. Just maybe, what Orii was to have a man look at her they way Sol had in that brief moment. Her hearing was still sharp and the muttered curse from the male earned a low chuckle. Bellamere knew better than to comment further and gave him serene eyes until Oriane joined them once more.

Introductions over, Bellamere noticed the way she seemed to gaze at Sol. It warmed her to know that her girl might find comfort in another's arms. Shaking her head some, she let the musing of an old woman pass. The two could never act on the clear attraction the both felt. It would be a shame, for she felt there could be something there. Turning she headed into the tiny kitchen. Busying herself with making tea. Oriane's smile grew slightly at the bow and she couldn't help but find it charming. It reminded her of the old human stories of knights and Princes. She was struck also by the differences in their height, as she barley came to his upper arm. Her chin was angled up as his voice soothed her, reassuring her that she had not been a burden. His smile charming and again she was drawn back to a memory that remained fuzzy along the edges. Oriane determined she liked when this man, when Sol smiled.

Oriane however was still gazing into Sol's eyes and feeling quite take by the broad smile he offered her when his hand cupped her chin and jaw.. The sound that left the small female was an almost startled gasp as her eyes fluttered closed. The touch was unexpected, the first of it's kind for Oriane. Her reaction was natural, unable to hold back as she nuzzled her jaw into his fingers. It was almost feline in response, the way Orii's jaw pressed against his hand. The brief touch was enough to embarrass Oriane thoroughly with her reaction, her cheeks bright pink. Stepping back Oriane cleared her throat. The plan was if she didn't say anything, maybe he would let her mortifying reaction go as well. Shifting uneasily in place, she nodded slightly. "If you're sure" Finally answering him about the payment offer. "It wasn't your fault." A frown graced her features and she looked down, embarrassed now for an entirely different reason. "I saw them when I was shopping... I should have known better than to take the alley"

It was about that time she recalled the other bag, the one that had held the precious soaps and her tools. Head snapping up she looked around for it. Had.. she dropped it in the alley? The bag seemed to be nowhere within sight and her shoulders dropped some. The food hadn't been much, the soaps however? Oriane grieved for the loss of the sweet scented soap. Drawn from her thoughts she looked back up at him, lower lip trapped in white teeth, her canines slightly longer and sharper looking than her other teeth. She decided to tackle his requests easiest to hardest. "Lodgings you'd want to find somewhere else than The Spine." Her smile flashed a dimple at him and she motioned towards the table, inviting him to sit before taking a seat herself. Legs crossed and the hem of her dress rose a fraction as she leaned back against the chair. "The Celestial Boughs should have the finer of the lodgings? Though they wouldn't come cheap. There are places here in The Spine..." She shook her head some, the fiery locks catching the light above. "But they are..." She trailed off and shrugged some. "I didn't find them pleasant."

Bellamere handed her a cup of steaming tea, and she accepted it with both hands gratefully "Merci maman" This earned her a glare and she giggled as the took a sip of the scalding liquid. The second cup of tea offered to Sol, the fragrant scent of peaches, cloves and cinnamon dancing within the steam as it curled towards him."It's hot" the warning offered to him automatically and not Oriane as she took her first of the hot liquid. "As to the Doctors.." She gave another shrug taking another sip. "I don't know much other than rumors really" Bellamere made a sound behind him of disgust. "You are too trusting mon feu" The french endearments between the two said with love, even while the latter held a touch of reproach. Orii frowned at her. "They are Doctors!" Though she said it, her tone suggested she was honestly unsure.

As the two woman stared at one another Sol made his request and Oriane shook her head. "No" her eyes shifted back to him and her smile softened the word. "You can stay here, but that is too much. More so, when it seems you're only doing so to protect me" her face softened and she gave him a softer smile still. "You may stay with us, free of charge" Oriane was not one to accept such charity and his offer to pay for the privilege of protecting her? The smile faded some and she looked at Bellamere and Sol. "The... men were sent by the Doctors?" Her voice seemed sadder, as if she'd hoped that they would tell her no, that they had just been thugs. She saw the answer in Bellamere's face first. She offered a small nod and sighed, eyes closing. "Je suis désolé maman" The words spoken from her heart. "I should have listened. I just... I... Don't... Understand how people meant to help could be mad that I was able to help people they could not..."

Bellamere spoke, still from behind him. "Be glad for your heart mon feu" Slowly she came around Sol and she bent to press her lips to the crown of her ruby hair. "They should be what you imagine, but they are not." Turning to look at Sol she frowned. "I told you my story, but it's not the only one. They charge too much for treatments that don't seem to help... And they are rumored to be behind the bustling Ralli trade. Though I couldn't confirm such a thing" Tucking a lock of hair behind Oriane's ear she nodded to the tea. "Drink, I will get us food" Oriane nodded and obediently finished her tea, setting the cup upon the table. Waiting until Bellamere had left before her eyes slipped towards him once more. "How come you have a halo?" Her words were still that smokey sweet tone, though curiosity tinged the edges. She spoke of course aura that surrounded him. "I read once about human religion. It was disturbing as it was fascinating. If you had been alive in the pinnacle of that time, you might have been seen as an angel" Her tone held a playfulness to it, her smile slowly spreading. While he had saved her, something about his countenance said he was far from holy, though he might have had the rightful vengeance bit down. She giggled at the thought. "Sorry, you do sort of remind me of the angels from those stories now that I think of it more."

Sol was grateful for the silence which Bellamere held as her face told him more than he wanted to know of how much she was aware. As the woman excused herself, the sounds coming from within the kitchen reminded him of simpler times and brought a nostalgic smile to his lips and exposed his brilliant teeth. He didn’t like that Orii felt it necessary to shoulder so much blame for the things which she hadn’t any control over and it made his smile weaken a bit, though he kept grinning as it seemed to please her. He watched as her face drew concerned and her head began scanning around, searching for objects which were unknown to him. As she looked back at him, teeth on her lip, he smiled a little as he looked at the interesting physiology of her canines with a small curiosity. “Did you misplace something? You looked as though you might have,” he asked with a small bit of worry in his voice. Some precious things could easily have been taken, though the station’s security forces may have shooed everyone away before anyone could have looted her things. She answered affirmatively and he hoped the guards had the wherewithal to pull such items aside for him to inquire about.

Once she’d offered the table to him after such a charming, lovely smile, he happily obliged as he walked over to take a seat. With his armor on, he weighed almost 400 pounds -- not that you would know based on the ease with which he moved-- and any opportunity to sit was greatly appreciated. Even if the chair did groan a weak protest as his weight settled into it. He watched her feminine physique settle into the chair with an equal amount of reverence and admiration as he bit the corner of his lip absentmindedly. He was snapped back to reality as Bellamere returned, and with tea, no less! A cup was a wonderful way to relax and it would certainly get his mind away from the baser instincts which warmed his cheeks and insides. “Merci beaucoup, madame. Cela sent de Paradis,” Sol commented fluently as he courteously took the cup and lifted it to his lips as Bella warned him of the temperature. However, much like Orii, he seemed unfazed by the heat and seemed to relish in it as a deep, pleased sigh left him after the first pull.

Sol couldn’t help but snicker at Bella’s reaction and he shook his head slowly, “I’m afraid I might have to agree with Bella on this. You trust in me far too quickly,” he said with a teasing tone to his voice, a wry grin on full display. As she continued and refused Sol’s offer of payment, his expression turned a little sterner and he tilted his head. “I shouldn’t stay here unless I make payments to the household. I know how these space stations work, you get charged for every damn thing. I budget out 8000 dollars a week to live on and it would make me quite happy to know I was helping in more than just the one way,” he offered again with more insistence and his eyes flicked back to Bella’s. He seemed quite sincere in his desire and he slowly brought his eyes back to Orii. “It’s corruption, I’m afraid. It’s like cancer which targets the healthy parts and squeezes the life from them, or converts them to its nefarious ends,” he said in regards to her commentary on the doctors’ impropriety.

He sipped from the tea with one of his hands, warmed by the spice and comforted by the flavors. His other hand slid under the table with the intention to give Orii’s thigh a comforting squeeze, his thumb brushing against her knee as he smiled as Bella, too, reassured her. “It seems I have quite a lot I need to uncover and document, then. Ralli is a dangerous, horrifyingly addictive agent. If they really are behind its presence here, then the situation could be worse than we know,” he spoke solemnly as he drew a deep, slow breath through his nostrils before taking another sip of tea. Exhaling as the warmth began to leave his throat, he was caught off guard by Orii’s question. Chuckling, his gaze flickered with amusement as he looked at Orii as he looked up at the quickly orbiting star. “This little guy?” he asked as the mote slowed to a halt and he lifted a hand to it, cupping it in his palm before outstretching his arm toward the girl.

In his hand, she would see a tiny, perfect simulacrum of a blue-white star that slowly rotated as it levitated just inches away from his hand. Small flares, prominences, and arcs projected from the surface intermittently and, if she were to get close enough, radiated an immense heat that was somehow contained within inches of it. “I am what is known as a Solarian, which is not a specific race of people as much as it is a level of transcendence among members of any species. We have basically learned enough on how the universe functions through study and meditation that we are able to control some of the basic forces which make everything work. So, this ball of fun follows me around and is a manifestation of my abilities. As is the glow I give off,” he explained to her before suddenly he began to suck the light from the room very close to him and she saw a miniature singularity form where the star had just been. A tiny black hole, a point of infinite density, which bent light around it sat tamely within his presence. This led to her seeing his hand seeming to appear on the two different hemispheres as the light bent around the edges of the singularity. “I can be dark, as well, though that is mostly good for defense rather than offense,” he said warmly as the light around him began to shine once again and the mote transformed back into a luminescent beacon.

“There’s no need to be sorry, Oriane. I’m not offended by your assertion. It’s quite flattering, and, honestly, fairly adorable,” he said warmly as he began to slowly stand, withdrawing his other hand from under the table where he’d absentmindedly continued to stroke her thigh throughout the conversation. “I need to make sure that station security apprehended those bastards who attacked you. I’ll be back here soon enough, alright?” he asked her as he stepped outside. There was still a security detail present as he went outside, though the men were no longer present. This pleased him as it at least meant they’d been apprehended, at least he’d hoped. Approaching the woman with the insignia of an officer, Sol gave a practiced, firm salute before relaxing. “Mercenary Sol Novarus of the Collective, ID#374924,” he said while flashing a hologram which presented his data and insignia, as well as provide any other information which may be necessary.

Clearing her throat a bit as she snapped a salute back, the woman responded, “Lieutenant Avana Drex of Venerax Station. Your clearances are all in order. What can I do for you?” she asked with a small smile, drawn out of politeness. “Yes, actually, I’m looking for a bag that may have been present in that alley where the attack occurred. I was wondering if you or any of your men recovered it?” he asked hopefully as his eyes focused intensely upon the Lieutenant as if to catch her if she were to lie. “Oh, w-well, yes. We actually found two. One of them was food, which is probably not salvageable at this point so I doubt that’s the one you were looking for. Hey! Bring that other bag over here, O’rinata!” the lieutenant called out harshly to one of the others who were keeping perimeter. The poor thing nearly jumped out of their skin as they scrambled to pick up the bag which was tucked just around the corner before scurrying it over towards the towering Sol. The androgynous figure flashed a smile and gave a nod before scurrying away without so much as a word. Sol couldn’t help but be bewildered at the strange behavior, which seemed to provoke some humor in Avana.

“Well, thank you for being of service, officers. Keep working hard!” Sol said as he turned to walk away with the bag in hand. His tone was almost sarcastic as he’d noted the abysmal conditions here, though he reigned it in just enough that it flew over the lieutenant’s head. She gave a wave back and called a thank you after him, as he’d provided them with video from his cybernetic eye implant which gave them all the evidence they’d need to fully punish the thugs responsible for injuring Orii. He didn’t open the bag as he walked back to the door and allowed himself back into the humble living quarters. She’d recognize the bag instantly as he held it in the air towards where she’d been sitting, “This it?”

When questioned about missing something she nodded, though she tried to let the likely loss leave her mind; dwelling on it would do no good. Oriane knew she could replace the items in a few weeks... other bills would need to come before and the replacements of her tools took precedent in the next purchases. A smile spread across her lips as he answered in french to Bellamere, warming her heart to see the elder woman blush slightly. Bellamere was not her mother, but then neither had been Thérèse. The fact that she was not related by blood to either woman did not change her deep feelings for them. They clucked over her like mother hens, both alike in their care of her. While Thérèse had raised her, helped shape her into the woman she was and had been dead years now at this point, Oriane would never forget the woman who had found her. Bellamere had taken it on herself to provide much of the same role, making sure she remembered to eat and she encouraged Oriane to be more social. It had made sense when she was dying, but the desire had not seemed to diminish even once she was well.

Her golden gaze was slowly fading, reverting to a more human like appearance. The outer ring of her iris a deep sea green that bled into almost turquoise before fading into almost a spring green. It was those eyes that met his own golden gaze, a frown pulling at her lips. His face had fallen into lines that suggested he'd not accept anything less than his way on this subject. Even the almost gentle tease stung slightly, more so because she knew it was true. Oriane trusted people easily, it had not always served her well. The most recent example being the Doctors and even the men who had accosted her. Sighing softly, she inclined her head. It wasn't as if they couldn't use the credits and Sol's tone brokered no room for argument. "Very well" Though there was an almost pouty tone to the words.

The hand the brushed her bare leg had her stilling, a blush settling once more in her cheeks. Had he picked up on her displeasure at being forced to accept his offer? The touch was innocent, if not highly personal for someone she had just met. Orii, however, found the touch comforting. She couldn't explain why she didn't mind the intimacy of the light brush of his fingers along her skin anymore that she could explain the way she wanted to lean into the touch. Rather than act on that or the other rather foolish idea that slipped into her mind she settled on her question and blushing faintly and as they spoke she was acutely aware of Sol's touch.

As he held the star out she leaned forward slightly, one hand resting on the edge of the chair. Her first instinct was to touch it, the little flares almost cute. It was as if the little star was showing off.. Biting her lower lip once more her hand on the table curled slightly, resisting the urge to try and stroke the star. Her eyes flickered back to his face and she smiled as he explained. In all of her reading, she'd never once came upon the name Solarian... Making a mental note to read up on them, she smiled at him, her lower lip slipping free of her teeth. The light around them seem to dim and where once the star had sat was blackness. Sitting back, as to take in the whole view of his hand and the small little black hole. "As a manifestation, is it at all sentient or only acts upon the will you exert over it?"

When he called her observation adorable she looked down, blushing again. Lucky for when his had withdrew from it's idle stroking of her thigh she frowned. Why did he seem to hold this sway over her? "Alright" She rose and gave him a slight smile. Leaving her alone within the dwelling she moved to ready her "room" for him. They only had the two and she never used hers, preferring to sleep within the cube, least she start to burn. While she dressed the bunk with fresh sheets she pondered over her own reactions to his touches. It had to be that she so rarely was touched, even by Bellamere. Affection starved, that word floated to the forefront of her thoughts as she jiggled the pillow into a fresh pillowcase. She hadn't felt like she was. Sighing she tucked the thoughts away as she got the room ready for him. It was decorated with little bric-a-brac that she'd collected from the station. All purchased or bartered for. A cluster of glittering stones. A singular stuffed animal of purple, with three eyes, no arms and two large feet. Other little treasures were lined nearly on shelves within the small room.

Coming back out she found Sol returning as well, her bag in his hands. Her eyes went wide and she nodded wordlessly for a moment. Taking the bag she peaked inside, the scent of her soaps hitting her as she opened the bag. Looking up to him with a brilliant smile, she stepped in closer; hand resting on his chest as she leaned up, slowly rising to the tips of her toes to brush her lips against his jaw. Had he bent closer, she would have kissed his cheek instead. It seemed that his casual touching was brushing off on her. "Thank you" Pulling back she blushed, something Sol seemed to cause in her, she noted. "I was sadder than I would have liked to admit at the thought of losing it" A few steps taken to put a little space them she bit the inside of her cheek nodding to the curtained room to the right. "I made up my room for you. I never sleep in there anyway" She smiled softly. "The bathroom is across the hall, Bellamere's room is between the two." She shifted in place and while she wanted nothing more than to hog the shower first, "You can shower first, before maman is back with food"

"Well, no, it is not sentient. It is not a living object, and is only a manifestation of my capabilities and will," Sol replied to her question with a warm smile, seeing the curiosity painted plainly across her lovely visage. He wasn't certain if any of the Solarians had living stellar motes, though he doubted such a thing were even possible. Her wonder was enticing, speaking to him on an intellectual level as she seemed to crave knowledge as he did. Such pursuits were the entire reason he existed in such a form as he did now. His hunger for more had led him down this path which had caused theirs to intertwine.

Upon her retrieval of the bag and his subsequent reward, Sol found himself not only enjoying the returned affection but also desiring more. His travels had been spent primarily on his own and he hadn't the affection of anyone, much less such a wondrous specimen as she. As her lips graced his firm jaw, a small shiver ran through his frame as his lips pulled into a broad smile. Before she pulled back fully, he craned his neck down and kissed where her neck and jaw met just below her ear. He hadn't meant to quite press his lips there but his enthusiasm betrayed his steadiness. Orii's hand upon his chest felt a radiating warmth that seemed to emanate from his core, though it seemed to be held at bay by some force.

As she informed him of her preparations, his smile broadened and he saw an opportunity to further tease the young woman. "You are very welcome. And thank you very much. Never sleep in there? That's a shame. I'd leap at the opportunity to hold you," his first words were as sincere as the last, before taking a softly mischievous and provocative tone as the next words left him. He wasn't sure why, but he adored seeing the color rush to her cheeks and he was more than eager to see her response to such a bold statement. He'd been long without a companion and, despite being acclimated to a life of solitude, he found himself enchanted at the idea of her presence. It was strange to him how Orii seemed to bring out this other nature in him. He saw the girl squirm a little bit as she offered the shower to him, chuckling lowly as he knew she wished to be in there for her own sake.

When was the last time he had a hot shower? He honestly couldn't remember, though it had been many months at least. He typically used sonic showers to clean himself as they were cleaner and easier to use. However, he would occasionally indulge himself and decided he would succumb to such desires today. "A shower would be wonderful. I'll make sure not to take too long, as I can see how much you'd like some refreshment yourself," he spoke with a happy tone, his voice carrying a slight chuckle in it as he spoke. Reaching towards his leg, he opened a hidden compartment which expanded away from his thigh by quite a few inches. Within it appeared to be nothing but darkness, however, he shoved his hand in and it sank down until half of his forearm was within the compartment which appeared to only be large enough to fit his hand. From within, he produced a bag that contained all of his toiletries, then a change of clothes and a large, comfortable-looking dark gray towel. He must have sensed confusion because he lifted his head to smile at Orii and explained "Extradimensional space. Costs a fortune to have done but now I can carry almost everything I need. All I have to do to retrieve anything I have in here is think about it and it'll materialize in my grasp." Looking towards the bedroom that she had set up for him, he gave a nod of his head, "Pardonnez mois, mademoiselle," before slipping through the doorway.

He looked around at the jovial decorations and the various objets d'art which populated her private space. His smile grew wider as he looked these things over, feeling as though he was gaining more insight into who she was as a person. She was precisely the type of person she appeared to be on the outside - sweet, warm, compassionate, and innocent. Such knowledge warmed him as he began to strip off the armor plating from the second skin upon which it mounted. Spaulders, vambraces, and chestplate clattered to the floor as he sighed with relief from the burden. Every piece of armor removed eased the taut stress on another muscle and the motions stretched the stiffening sinews. Then, his cuisse, greaves, and sabatons were removed, his back in a stretching arc as he set the armor in a tidy pile next to the bed. His armor was the bulk of his covering and so it left him standing in a skin-tight suit which was softly glowing with red runes and blue circuitry. Underneath all the heavy armor was a muscular, fit physique with broad shoulders. His second skin didn't leave much to the imagination, nestled into every defined crease of his body.

Gathering up his things, Sol smiled as he thought of how grand it would be to finally have a shower. He didn't seem to be too modest as he then stepped out of the room and leisurely walked across the hall and into the bathroom, pulling the door slowly shut behind himself but without a lock. Removing the second skin was simple, as it had a button which sent a command to open the rear portion of the suit and then sent an impulse to make the carbon nanofilaments to stiffen and pull away from the skin. After, it was as simple as stepping out of the open shell, which proceeded to close and collapse in on itself, forming a neatly folded square that pulsed with a readout of colors to indicate the status of the second skin. At the moment, it indicated a cleaning cycle was occurring, which the suit did regularly anyway to prevent any skin infections from occurring after prolonged use.

Sol took this moment to look over at the mirror, seeing his bare form for the first time in quite a while. Standing to his full height, he ran his fingers along the scar which ran from his right shoulder down to his left pec, leaving a portion of his chest where his deep blonde body hair wouldn't grow. Following his barrel chest to his torso, a thin trail of hair leads down to his navel and beyond. He was grateful his hair didn't grow too thick as to be unsightly nor too thin. He was incredibly well proportioned and he thanked his genetics for that. Reaching up, he undid his ponytail slowly and allowed his long, black hair to flow from his fingers across his broad shoulders.

Sol retrieved the showering materials from his bag: a scrubber, liquid soap, and shampoo. He didn't require much. Stepping into the shower booth, Sol went through the familiar options of the interface within, linking his account to pay for the hot shower he was about to take and adding additional funds for the women to use as well. With a deep sigh, the hot water streamed out over him and the warmth penetrated his muscles. He hadn't realized he was so sore and the warmth was welcome against his bare skin, though he would welcome an entirely different source of warmth. He dove his head into the water, requiring a fair amount of ducking on his part as these showers were designed to be compact and he was far from it in every regard.

Once satisfied, he pulled back and began to lather his hair thoroughly with his shampoo. Suds ran along the curve of his neck, around his shoulders, and draped along his torso all the while tracing the grizzled architecture of his trained physicality. Rivulets of water flowed down and more soap joined with the bubbles flowing down his form, tracing over his hips and the shape of his masculinity before either gliding down his toned legs or dripping onto the shower floor below. As the water spilled over him, steam built in the room and enveloped him in another layer of pleasant warmth. Sol grabbed his scrubber and soap in each of his hands before applying the gel to his skin, working it into a froth and massaging it into his skin. Inside the room, and even a bit outside, the aroma of cedar, oakmoss, aquatic musk, and a hint of citrus.

Bella had long since exited the home and had found herself in the Markets, perusing the various food vendors as she wandered from stall to stall, smelling the various scents that teased the nostrils and stimulated the palate. Her nose was quite keen and she could pick up the subtle notes in food which made a meal all the more enjoyable. Aimless, she followed her nose until she picked up on a particularly lovely smell coming from -- Korean, no doubt. She had been craving it all week and knew she had made it known to Orii at least once or twice. As her desire hadn’t yet been satiated, she presumed to get a meal for the three of them. She knew hers and Orii’s tastes, but she’d yet to know Sol’s. Though, somehow she felt as though she might, seeing as how he’d taken so long a look at Orii. She couldn’t help but celebrate such youthful exuberance with a small chuckle from her small smile.

“Annyeong Haseyo! Could I please have two Kimchi-ppang, three kimbap, three gyeran-bbang, and one bibimbap? Gomapseumnida!” she spoke just enough Korean to have such small pleasantry with the gentleman serving the delicious food, having learned it from the man himself during her visits to this stall over the years. Her golden hues were distant and wistful as she gazed off, waiting for the food to be done as thoughts and memories crept into her mind. She hoped this new gentleman wouldn’t prove to be trouble and would treat Orii right. “Else he’ll have me to deal with,” she muttered to herself, getting herself a little psyched up. Having his help in both financial regards and as a protector for the house helped make her feel a sense of ease she hadn’t felt in a while. Almost like a young girl, she felt a little foolish for allowing herself to feel such comfort from a stranger. Something about him just lent to a sense of familiarity.

Such smells that began to surround her made her swallow subconsciously, clearing her mouth of the excess saliva forming from the quickly impinging hunger. “She must be starving by now...The process leaves her pretty drained, so I’m certain she needs food. Although, she might be distracted enough…” she said with a small chuckle, shaking her head a little. “Hopefully he’s as much of a gentleman as he presents himself to be,” she said as she cast her eyes up towards the ceiling and pretended for a moment that the various lights and signals were distant stars.

Her kiss to his chin had left Oriane blushing, the gentle tremor that ran through his body felt by the delicate hand that rested on his chest. Her fingers had curled slightly at the reaction the sweet kiss have provoked from Sol; though his returning kiss, in that tender spot of flesh just below her ear where it met her jaw, had her gasping softly. Biting her lower lip she had urged her body away from his own. Sol felt warm, the sort of warmth that she enjoyed curling into. Orii knew she wasn't human, but she didn't know what exactly she was... It wasn't that she hadn't looked into it, far from it. There had been a few races that fit her abilities: Lumen with their healing heat, Eldre known for their fiery forms and then there were the Fénix. Orii doubted she was a Fénix, rare, there was little known about them; more likely she was a Lumen, with her penchant for healing.

She'd been lost in her thoughts when his voice broke through, it was a shame she didn't sleep in there.. hold her.. the words seemed to reverberate through her as her face flushed crimson, a soft sound slipping from her, perhaps a squeak? Even she wasn't sure. Goodness gracious, what was it about Sol that made her want to purr like a kitten and be petted? Taking several more cautionary steps away from Sol, Orii met his eyes with a slight pout. Far from mad she was puzzled; it wasn't unusual for men to flirt with her and normally it was flattering, but nothing else came of it. She had no desire to have them touch her, sexually or otherwise however. The space she had placed between them was to keep her from doing anything silly. Looking away for a moment, eyes downcast. Oriane doubted that Sol meant anything serious by his playful teasing and touches. She had met other men like him, where their charm was persuasive, and leaked through everything they did. Just... normally she seemed immune to the magnetism that drew other women to them. They had just met and even if he was serious in his attentions, he wouldn't want someone like her. Inexperienced.. Hell, the kiss to his cheek was the closet she'd been to kissing anyone. Groaning internally she looked back up to him, the bright blush lingering in her cheeks.

"Ah, yeah" A hand rose to the back of her head sheepishly and she offered him a shy smile. "Before everything happened, I had been dreaming of a cold shower. Where I had been working was sweltering." She still felt warm, it was always warm on the station, at least in The Spine. Oriane still wanted to wash the sweat from her skin and a cold shower sounded good, but now for a whole new reason. The reason in question was pulling sundries from within a space near his thigh that shouldn't have held... anything. Her confusion must have shown and she nodded. "Seems handy though" Nodding she moved back towards her chair, watching him head towards her room. Maybe.. Lumen had sexual peaks? She'd be twenty soon... Okay not soon. Sighing she bit her lower lip over and over, letting it slip from her teeth only to repeat the movement while she thought.

Oriane looked up as Sol exited her room and if she hadn't squeaked before she did now for certain, eyes wide she looked away quickly. Face flaming she hid it within her palms as she heard the bathroom door close, groaning softly. "The doctors will have no need to send assassins..." Husky words whispered into her hands; Sol would kill her with embarrassment long before anyone else got close to her. The rumble of the pipes started and the sound of water could be heard through the door. Rubbing her face with her hands, Orii took a slow deep breath and let them fall away. "Oh!" Did he have soap or a towel?

She couldn't remember, the only thing that seemed to come to mind was... Orii blushed, looking towards her bag she smiled softly; the sweet scented soaps had been meant for her and Bellamere... But maybe he'd want want to use them? Picking up a towel and placing both the soap and shampoo on top of the fluffy cream colored terry cloth she knocked on the door. Waiting a moment she knocked again before opening the door a smidgen, the warm steam curled into her face and the scent finally breathed in; one word could sum up the scent, male. Taking a deep breath her eyes closed and she peaked her head in. "Sorry! I didn't know if you had towel or nice soap" she pushed her way further into the room, eyes tightly closed. She walked with the exaggerated care of a drunk. Each step was careful and deliberately slow as she moved into the steaming room; not that it seemed to matter for a moment later she bumped into the sink and pitched forward slightly. What would follow was no doubt an amazing dance of balance that ended with her bent towards the shower some the offered bundle of hospitality laid on the small counter a moment later. Blushing Oriane quickly tried to exit only to bump into the doorway with a low "Owwwww" Before she was free of the steam and able to close the door behind her with a very firm click. Cheek flaming yet again she opened her eyes to meet the wide eyes of Bellamere, who was setting down the food on the table.

Glaring at the smile that had wormed onto the woman's face she held up a hand as her lips parted. "Don't please..." Moving to help her, Oriane couldn't help but wonder what his face had looked like at that spectacle... Among other things. Bellamere decided to keep quiet, smiling softly at Oriane's blush and clear flustered appearance. She'd never seen the girl in such a state. Blushing, unsure... It was charming, her innocence; Bellamere wondered if she should offer the girl some friendly motherly advice or even warn Sol of her experience, or lack there of. Shaking her head she decided to let the two and what ever was brewing between them run it's course, without her interference. Things would work out, she had a feeling.

Sol had just begun to rinse himself off of the thick suds which he’d covered every inch of his body with when he heard the sound of Orii’s voice piercing the shroud of his wandering mind. A soft smile crept over his face as he felt the bubbles flowing away with the steady stream of water that washed over him. “I did have soap and a towel, thank you. How do you like the smell, by the way?” Sol’s voice didn’t sound disturbed or displeased by her presence. In fact, it sounded quite the opposite as he listened to the calculated yet clumsy footfalls. Her behavior was adorable and he was certain she’d closed her eyes to come in here. He imagined she wasn’t the most experienced sort and something about that made him quite happy. His smile broadened and he stifled a chuckle from her bumping into the sink as he turned his naked form to face her and watch the spectacle she was making of herself. As she placed the care package on the small counter for him, on top of his own towel, he gave a warm chuckle before a genuine, “Thank you,” left him.

As she rushed from the room and bumped the door, just as it was clicking closed, she and Bellamere would hear him shout after Orii, “IF YOU WANTED TO PEEK, YOU SHOULD HAVE OPENED YOUR EYES! NEXT TIME!” His words sounded almost challenging, and it shouldn’t go unnoticed that he seemed to welcome the thought. However, he had no idea Bella had returned and would probably be quite ashamed of himself for speaking in such a sexually charged manner to her daughter in her presence. He’d remain blissfully unaware of such knowledge as he finished with his pleasant shower, the water turning off and his hand reached out and felt the pleasant terry cloth fabric. Choosing that over his own towel, he began to dry himself off, sure to chase all the droplets which hid all around his powerful form. Drying in this manner wasn’t strictly necessary, as he could just increase the temperature he produced to flash the water into steam. He thought he’d done that enough as it was, looking at the dense steam in the room. Maybe she’d had her eyes opened but couldn’t see well because of the fog bank he’d essentially generated. That was unlikely. Gesturing, he connected his cybernetic implants to the air filtration system and commanded it to evacuate the steam from the chamber.

As visibility returned to him, he smiled at himself in the mirror and reached for his toiletry bag, pulling out a vial of cologne which had been formulated with his soap. Just a few drops magnified the scent which lingered on his skin and he wondered if Orii would find it pleasant. It was very foreign to him to think of someone’s opinion so much. Or simply think of someone so much. His mind kept circling back to the enchanting little firecracker, who behaved with all her genuine intentions worn upon her sleeve. He found it endearing if a little bit naive. His thought wasn’t to judge her though, rather he thought of all the ways he desired to defend her and help her remain so pure and unjaded. He hung the towel she’d brought for him on the rack he saw next to the shower, uncertain as to what they did with the used laundry for the moment. He dressed, pulling his outfit on piece by piece until he fastened the buttons which ran at an angle across his chest. Walking to the door with his bag over a shoulder and his second skin suit clutched in the other hand, he slid the door open and peeked his head out.

As he stepped out, the smell of Korean food began to waft to him, filling his nostrils with the wonderful, herbal, and spicy aroma which was filling the dining area and extending beyond. “I will be there shortly!” Sol said with excitement evident in his voice. He could feel himself salivating. He’d not had Korean food for almost 5 years now and this food smelled familiar and delicious. Placing his things carefully next to the others in his room, his long coat flourished as he stepped out of the room and started towards the table. “Ah, does this mean you’re going to wait longer for your shower, Orii? I’d hate to think I took too long and robbed you of the opportunity to refresh yourself,” he seemed sincere as he took a step towards her, and then another. He moved in close enough to touch her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a warm embrace. Leaning his head down, he kissed the top of hers and traced his large fingers in soft patterns along her back. He’d wanted to do this for a little while, now, but felt it was more appropriate that he was clean and in clothes that wouldn’t feel like she was embracing a small military vehicle.

“If you would like to shower before dinner, I can keep the food warm while we wait. I’ll be patient for your sake,” he offered cordially as he slowly relinquished her from his embrace. His touch lingered upon her as if hesitating to let her go. However, his embrace had to end for he would have felt a little more than awkward under Bella’s maternal gaze. However, he couldn’t help but feel like the woman was less concerned with how he was behaving and more so with whether he meant it. From the look in his eyes, her experience would tell her all she needed to know. He was quite smitten with Oriane and she could sense that protective desire he felt as it echoed her own maternal instinct.

“Yes, Orii, if Sol here can keep the food warm, I can wait a while longer for it so we can all enjoy it in a little more comfortable conditions,” she offered to Orii, knowing the girl would likely love the opportunity to freshen herself up. Giving a knowing gaze to her, she smiled and gestured for her to go ahead and cool herself off and refresh her body. She had a feeling the girl was going to be in for more surprises in the coming days and wished for her to make the best of each and every opportunity. Bella thought as well on how she could get a better feeling for Sol, though she believed him to be fairly transparent around them. Bounty hunters were a tricky lot, some born sociopaths who felt nothing but could emulate feelings perfectly. She was certain that wasn’t going on here and figured that things would work out for the best, one way or the other. Oddly, she found herself hoping Sol would end up being a long-term companion of Orii’s in any capacity.

The masculine voice that carried after Oriane after the oh so graceful exit of the bathroom made her cheeks flush further. Looking over her shoulder she glared at the male still hidden from view. She hadn't wanted to peek! Her face turned back towards the task at hand of pulling the food from the bag. The lines of Orii's face settling into what could almost have been sulky lines; brows drawn together, lips pulling down at the edges. Closing her eyes, she took a slow deep breath and held it for a moment, releasing it and waiting another moment before taking another lung full of air. She did this a few times, settling the firestorm of emotions within. The reactions Sol easily provoked within herself were unsettling to say the least and the way she wanted, almost craved to respond was near insanity.

The door to the bathroom opened and Oriane paused, her hands where they had been lightly been resting curled tighter, her back stiffening sightly. The smell of him, that sun kissed woody scent that was the cedar and citrus and then underneath it there was something that had been grounding. Oriane hadn't been able to place the smell, but recalling it as she got the faint hint of it over the scent of the food made her eyes close again. She had liked that smell, not like she would be volunteering that information willingly. Turning towards him, she watched as he stepped from her room. She knew that she didn't need the shower any longer, her body no longer held that feeling one got after being sweaty, vaguely grimy and unclean. His words elicited a soft smile from her lips, the sincerity in Sol's voice seemed genuine. Sea glass eyes watched as he closed the distance between them and she could see what the intent was before she found strong arms enveloping her.

Oriane's eyes closed as Sol embraced her. Her cheek pressed to the strong planes of his chest and her own arms moving around his waist to return the touch without thought. It felt right, natural to be held by him; the way her smaller, softer form nestled against his own. It reminded Oriane of the Matryoshka dolls she'd seen once and she couldn't help the smile that sprung to her lips at the thought. A warm pressure of his lips against her hair had her giving his waist a small squeeze and she snuggled closer it felt like as Sol traced patterns along her back. Still cuddled into him, his words drew yet another smile from her as he pulled away, her eyes finally opening once more. Much like Sol, Oriane wasn't quite ready to separate, turning within the lingering remnants of his hold she looked to Bellamere. "If you're both sure?" Oriane wouldn't make either wait on her account. However, reassured several times that they would both be more than okay waiting, Oriane nodded. Brushing past Sol, she felt the desire to brush a kiss against his arm, the pull so strong that she'd turned her head slightly before stopping herself; instead she smiled up at him shyly. "I will hurry, thank you"

Pausing to grab herself a towel, her hair brush and a pair of small simple black lacy panties she headed into the bathroom. Though Sol had voided the room of steam from his shower, she was once again surrounded by the scent of his soap. Pulling her dress over her head, Oriane took care to hang it on the wall. She'd only worn it an hour or so, if that and it was one of her favorites. Turning on the shower, she selected her normal after work guilty pleasure settings, though she didn't fail to notice credit had been added to the shower. The tips of her fingers brushed against the credit, her mind drifting to the man just outside. Sol. His name whispered in her mind with a caress, a smile tugging at her mouth. What was it about him that drew her like a moth? Snagging the soap and shampoo from the counter, Oriane stepped into the cool water. It was like stepping into a storm on Raitis Q3, the chilly water hitting her warm skin as it fell from the tap; Orii ran hot normally but after the box, if she'd been human she would have been hospitalized.

Holding the solid shampoo to her nose she took a deep breath; Sweet, floral, slightly tart and spicy. Singing softly, a normal ritual for Oriane as she bathed, she began to wash her flaming locks. The room soon began to smell like them both, her hair washed, the warm scent of vanilla, sugar and caramel joining the others. Slowly the water began to warm and Orii sighed her pale skin slowly pinking under the spray. A few moments later, feeling refreshed, Oriane stepped from the shower, dripping wet as she reached for the towel. Starting with her hair, which she dried from the tips upwards with the patient care of someone who had been doing it for as long as they could remember. Moving towards the sink and the mirror that rested above it, Oriane wiped her hand across the foggy surface before beginning to buff the moisture from her skin. Towel wrapped around her torso, Orii grabbed the panties that she'd laid on the counter and wiggled them up her still damp skin, feeling the lace catch at her thighs and then again as she tugged them over the curve of her ass. The dress was pulled on next and much like the panties it stuck as she pulled it down over her shoulder and her breasts. Smoothing it over her waist with one hand she ran the other through her hair, the locks already beginning to wave. Folding her towel in half it was hung over the door to dry.

Opening the door Oriane walked towards the two waiting for her, damp foot prints left in her wake for the first few steps. "Sorry to keep you waiting. I can grab us drinks" She was already moving toward the kitchen. Stretching up Orii leaned against the counter, one leg out for balance as she rose on her tip toes, fingers catching on the edges of the glass; the glass tipped neatly into her awaiting hand and two more followed suit soon after. Ice and water placed in one, milk another and she turned towards Sol, her head tilted to one side, her smile bright. "What would you like. We have water, milk and a few juices. If maman would share, we also have beer." To that statement Bellamere made an playful noise of annoyance at her beer being offered, but she nodded to Sol, offering as well.

Sol smiled as he felt Oriane’s reluctance to release from his comfortable embrace. Had she felt it too? She pushed closer towards him while he was holding her as if craving for more of his touch and he was only too happy to oblige her. It felt proper when he held her and he was quite happy to feel the mirrored sentiment from her side. He gave a gentle squeeze on her waist, just near her hip, and then let his fingers slide from her form. Her shy smile earned her a toothy smile in return as he reached up one last time and stroked her cheek gently. “Go on, dear,” his voice was like warm honey, saccharine and heavy. As she retreated for the bathroom, Sol couldn’t help but watch with a bit of a goofy grin on his face as a new feeling stirred within him. Truly, she must have been an enchantress of some sort for casting such a spell over him.

Bella stood by and watched as Sol stared at the bathroom for quite some time before she cleared her throat with a chuckle. As if snapping back to reality, his gaze shot to Bellamere’s as his cheeks flushed a mild crimson. “Getting lost over there?” Bella’s voice was playful, almost encouraging as she felt his affections for her daughter growing. He wasn’t the first to fall victim to her charms but she felt he was the most sincere of all the suitors which would have come knocking. Sol reached into his dark hair and scratched the back of his head, biting the corner of his lip and smiling awkwardly. “I...I can’t help myself. I feel like a thrall and I’m even pleased about it,” he spoke with a bit of bashfulness in his voice, though the feeling wouldn’t last. It was only Bella who made him feel that self-consciousness and only so for his desire to remain respectful towards her.

As Oriane began to shower, Sol focused his mind and enveloped the food within the containers with a balmy heat which he hoped would keep it at a perfect temperature for consumption. Usually, he had a good handle on his powers but his focus was a little more divided now than it usually was. However, as singing picked up from the bathroom, it seemed to set his mind to a better pace as he closed his eyes, listening. Bella would swear she’d seen him mouthing along to the words as the scent of Orii’s soap began to reach them both. Sol took a deep breath in, the feminine sweetness causing his mind to wander off course once again. He pictured himself just holding Oriane and breathing her in and his smile widened with the fantasy. Soon, she’d entered the room once more and Sol’s gaze quickly wrapped around to catch sight of her.

With the lingering dampness from the shower, his magnetism towards her intensified as he consumed her with his eyes. Slowly, he traced along her form with a different hunger within his smoldering, gold hues. “No worries, Orii. We were glad to wait,” he responded as his head followed her into the kitchen and trained on her as she reached up on the tips of her toes. She was incredibly cute on top of her attractiveness. “Water would be just fine, thank you. And thank you, Bella, for being so generous with your offer,” Sol had, for the first time, taken a teasing tone with the woman and he felt almost exhilarated from the jab. He was relieved that all he received in response was an amused chuckle. As drinks were prepared, Sol began to properly set the table with the various foods. They smelled delicious and were gently steaming thanks to the heat he’d provided. Possibly, a little too much heat but certainly not enough to overcook the food or dry it. He noticed the different dishes, though one, in particular, caught his eye.

“I-Is that bibimbap for me?” he asked with disbelief in his voice, the food had been one of his favorites and had been something he enjoyed nearly every time he had human food. Bella nodded with a grin as she replied, “Well, I figured you’re a large man, so you probably need a great deal of protein.” “I couldn’t agree more, thank you! It’s been so long,” he said with a deeply gracious tone and he bowed his head slightly in thanks. Sol helped Orii to the table with the drinks before pulling the chairs out for each of the women, Bella first and then Oriane, ensuring they were comfortably pushed in before taking a seat himself. He’d been taught, especially as a guest, one should always seat the women first and then sit last. The aroma from the food had sufficiently whetted his appetite and Sol seemed to wait for a moment after sitting, taking in his surroundings before starting to eat in a deliberate manner. Somewhere within his brash exterior, he’d been taught plenty of manners as his dinnertime manner could best be described as gentlemanly. “This is absolutely incredible. Thank you so much,” he sounded very happy in this moment, feeling as though he were home for the first time in over a decade.

About halfway through, Sol looked over to Oriane and, taking a drink to clear his mouth and throat, spoke up, “So, Oriane, I was wondering if you’d like to do something with me tonight. Feel free to suggest something else if you’re not interested in this particular thing, but I’d like to go out to a dance club. It’s been a while since I’ve cut loose and I couldn’t think of anyone I’d rather spend the evening with.” There was a small hint of nerves in his voice, though it was buried beneath a hopeful, affectionate tone. He wondered if she’d ever gone to do something like that, understanding the reality of their financial situation and her personality in general. She seemed a bit too reserved to come to such an idea on her own, though he may be wrong in that regard. However, he resumed eating after his question, anticipating her response in not too overzealous of a manner.

Talks of of being a thrall under her spell were unknown to Oriane as stepped into the main room and it was the hunger in Sol's eyes that was on her mind as she reached for the glasses. Orii could not recall any time any person had looked at her like that; like she was a sweet, something to savor, to take time devouring. It had only been for a moment, but the look had not been missed. Butterflies tickled her insides as she filled the third glass with ice and water. Condensation was already starting to form on the outside of the glasses, dripping along their smooth surfaces. The milk was nestled against her breast with one arm and both hands lifted the waters. Carefully she walked back to them, water offered to Sol first, then Bellamere; the glass of milk was set down on the table. Sol's care of seating them both before he took to his own seat once more had been sweet and reminded Oriane of the old books she read. "Thank you"

Settled into her seat, after having it tucked beneath her, Orii took a sip of her milk as they all began to eat. Her eyes drifting from Sol's countenance towards Bellamere. Maman was already taking care of those around her, like she'd taken Orii under her wing she was tending to the larger male. Getting extra food to make sure he was well fed? She did the same thing if she felt Orii was getting thin or not taking proper care of herself. Breaking a kimchi-ppang in half, Oriane began to eat; every so often eyes shifted towards Sol, before she looked away. Bellamere noticed as the two looked at each other then away, a smile forming when the two when the two locked eyes and looked away embarrassed. Oriane normally flushing slightly before turning back to her meal. For a little while, Oriane managed to keep her eyes on her own food, picking at it to give her something to focus on; the other half of her bun had been shredded into small pieces, the soft, fluffy scraps slowly eaten.

Her eyes lifted up towards Sol, as he asked if she'd like to do something with him. Biting her lower lip as he asked her to go to the Dance club. She'd never been to the club on the station, though she knew one existed. Oriane spent most of her free time with Bellamere or helping their neighbors. The number of people she knew within her own age group was woefully low and no matter how often Bellamere tried to get her to to out, to live... Oriane often preferred to curl up and read. It wasn't that she didn't like the company of the girls and guys her 'age'; it was hard for her to feel like she fit in. Mostly due to how she aged, the slow trickle of time meant the friends she made aged out and she was left trying to learn all the things over; who the biggest bands were, the new lingo... Her old friends falling in love, marrying and having babies. It became a chore so she'd withdrawn some. It was hard to never feel apart.

The smile that tugged at the edges of her lips was unsure, but Oriane nodded. "I'd like that" Looking back to her plate she shifted in her seat. At some point her legs had curled underneath her small from and as she moved, they rested on the floor once more. Bellamere began to clean up her meal, leaving the two of them to talk. "I haven't been dancing before." She'd never been 'old' enough to before and once she had looked the age, she'd been long done with the idea of going out to do such things. Looking to him, her smile shifted some, shyer now "No laughing if I am really bad though, okay?" The husky voice held a playful lilt to it, clearly game and eager even to try.

Bellamere came back and brushed Oriane's hair with a kiss, her dishes done. "I think I am going to go to bed." Her eyes met Sol's over the flaming curls of Orii's head "Take good care of her" There was so much said in those five words than just the motherly warning and the look in her eyes. It had never been a secret, between her and Sol that she wouldn't take kindly to him hurting Orii, Even if she didn't honestly think the male would, she'd be a fool to trust him as easily as Oriane did; however she wasn't blind nor so old to not see the way both of them looked at once another and they had only known each other for such a short period. Nodding once at him, she smiled at Oriane as she kissed her palm. "Night maman, sleep sweet."

Picking up her own plate, Oriane cleaned and set it to dry, humming softly as she did. "If you bring me your plate, I can clean up before we go. If you're done that is?" A smile was offered over her shoulder. Once both had been washed, and the table righted, Orii moved towards her room. Within she pulled out a set of heels that matched the dress, sitting on her bed to slip them on, legs crossed as she worked them over her hee; the first and then the second before she rose to her feet once more, smoothing her dress. "Is this okay to wear to go dancing?" The question was shy and unsure. "I think I have make-up?" She wasn't sure honestly and even if she did.. would she remember how to apply it properly? "Or maybe a different dress?" The butterflies were back..

Sol smiled as Oriane returned with the drink, noticing the precariousness of carrying three glasses. Momentarily, he found himself jealous of the glass pressed to her chest as he pondered how delicate and feminine she would feel beneath his hand. As Orii thanked him, his smile broadened and he returned, "You are most welcome." Each moment he could, he was stealing glances at her as they enjoyed their food together. Sometimes, it was less of a glance and more full-blown admiration. He noticed each time she spied his honeyed orbs upon her, she would smile and flush in response. It was delectable, the silent conversation they were having. He tore the fluffy bun in half and ate it slowly while fidgeting with his fingers of his other hand.

As she accepted his offer of dancing, he gave a happy laugh and nodded affirmatively, "Fantastic, thank you!" He took notice as her feet found the floor and he reached under the table with a free hand and gave her knee a reassuring squeeze as he grinned. He seemed to be unable to let any opportunity to touch those legs of hers pass. "I wouldn't dream of laughing at someone expressing themselves," he said with a warm tone and he looked into her eyes intently. "Though, maybe something else will get a rise out of me," he continued with an equal measure of playfulness, his fingers tracing her thigh momentarily before returning to his side of the table. He finished his meal with a little more gusto, clearly eager and wishing to move their day along.

Bella took his gaze and offered him a stern warning, one which warmed his gaze, and his smile lines deepened as he nodded his head in response. "You'll have nothing to worry about, Bella. I'll make sure not to keep her out too late," his tone was genuine, even if the second statement had some intended mischief to it. "Bonne Nuit, mademoiselle," his French rolled off of his tongue fluidly and as she departed, his gaze slowly fell back to Oriane and smoldered once more. She'd already gotten up to begin washing her dish and looked back to him with such a beautiful grin. His heart would leap from his chest yet. "Of course," he said, walking briskly towards her with his dishes and offering them before scooping her around the waist and cradling her from behind briefly. His mouth lingered near her ear as he whispered, "Your hospitality is dearly appreciated," his lips lingered just above her skin before separating from her as she finished cleaning.

Sol set himself about tidying up the table as he waved Orii to finish preparing herself to go out. Once he'd done, he could feel the anticipation building in him as he looked towards the bedroom. After a few moments and she'd not returned, he walked over to the door and looked in on her. Hearing her questioning herself, he smiled and said, "Orii, you look very beautiful as you are now. Come, let's have a wonderful evening together, shall we?" He offered his hand out to her with a smile of both confidence and gratitude for her acceptance. He considered himself very lucky to have caught the eye of one as wonderful as her. Once he'd convinced her along, he took her hand in his and interlocked their fingers with a pleased sigh. Her hand fit so well into his, it was like it belonged there.

Once they'd left the apartment and were on their way to the dance club, Sol used the wider corridors to wrap his arm around Orii's shoulders and pulled her softly against him. Carefully, he minded his pace to ensure he was keeping in good step with her. "How long have you lived aboard the station?" he asked her curiously, his golden eyes taking glances at her while also remaining vigilant and alert to their surroundings. It seemed he'd not forgotten about the dangers they faced mere hours ago. He'd noticed he was getting jealous glances from various men and some women, even, as he openly displayed his affection for her. "What's your favorite color?" was the next question he asked, his eyes molten and curious as he climbed aboard the lift with her on his arm. He interfaced directly with the computer system and, without speaking a command, directed the machine to take them to the trade district as the area was also home to the dance club. As the lift jolted off, she felt his arm tighten around her securely as if to hold her from the sudden lurching. As they ascended through the station, his eyes remained transfixed on her as he began to daydream a bit. ____________________________________________________________________________

"I've spotted them entering a lift. It appears they are heading for the Market," off in a dimly lit corner, a shadowy figure whispered into a communicator device. "Good, excellent work. Keep a low profile, as usual. He could be very dangerous if tipped off to your activities. See if you can set up an ambush for him, wherever they're going. No one crosses us," the voice which entered their ear was soft-spoken and serpentine. Dr. Tremarius Stryke had paid a handsome sum of money to secure the bounty hunter's arrival on the station and he'd be damned if he'd be made a fool of. He placed the communicator down onto a dark-stained wooden desk amid a sophisticated looking lounge. Surrounding him were works of art, statues, books rest upon shelves, and various other collections which he'd accrued over the years.

Silvery, wispy locks were slicked back with oil and tied in a tight bun at the rear point of his head. Gaunt and pale, his eyes were a pale blue, and his face, lined deep with age, remained impeccably shaven with angular, narrow features. His lips were pulled into a taut crease as his bony fingers adjusted his coat before lifting a tablet and he began typing with coordinated speed. On his shoulders, he bore the seal of medical officials of the station, with a special insignia that designated his position as head of the board. Seemingly, Sol wasn't the only one who perceived a slight and it was a matter of time before one or the other received their comeuppance.

As they stepped out of the doors and into the bustle of the evening Market of a Thousand Peoples, Sol couldn’t help but find himself floored by the sheer volume of people who moved about like swarms of ants - discordant yet organized. His orbiting star pulsed with energy as it hovered just above his head, circling rapidly as if sensing the hectic pace of his thoughts. “Wow...I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people in one place,” he gaped, wonder in his voice as he seemed to pull her closer to him. Such a gesture was meant as further protection as he was highly suspicious of strangers, given the circumstances. His colonial fleet was hardly the size of a quarter of Venerax Station and likely didn’t even house a tenth of the population. He’d been to many places since then, but most were waystations, small planets and moons, and other such places with sparse populations.

It didn’t take long for him to get over his initial gobsmacked state and soon, he was moving through the clusters of people with relative grace and ease. People seemed to move out of the way when such a large man was moving through. He wove through different throughways and paths, guided by the navigation component of his implants and, soon, they were greeted with the low, rhythmic thumping of a loud bass melody as they stood outside of Club Cadence. There wasn’t much of a line in and a man almost as large as Sol was checking people at the door, ensuring no weapons or other contraband was being brought into the club. Sol could feel the electricity in his skin as he listened to the distant thrum of music just beyond the threshold. He was exhilarated. “Are you ready, dearest Orii?” he asked Orii as they queued in line, wanting to ensure she was truly prepared for the experience they were about to share.

It was the touches, all of them small and for the most part innocuous; there were times however when Sol's touches moved just a fraction past. Oriane was never upset with his touches, offended or wished they had not occurred. Quite the opposite, the touches did not last long enough. The thought, the feeling or need seemed quite absurd. When Sol had come up behind her while she'd washed the dishes, his arm around her waist as he cuddled her back into him, Orii had wanted him to linger... To wash them from the comfort of his arms, feel his warmth at her back. She also recalled how she'd shivered just slightly as Sol had whispered to her, lips near her ear and the curl of his warm breath along her skin. Sol was not the only one wondering if the other was some sort of sorcerer, bewitching the senses; Oriane had begun to wonder much the same long before dinner and as she slipped her shoes on she couldn't help but wonder it again.

Then there had be the gentle reassurance from the handsome male, the way he put her fears and worries to rest with his calm and collected confidence. He didn't allow her to fret and had drawn her to him with an offered had, a brilliant smile and a few words that left a blush in her cheeks and an offer for an entertaining night. Were Solarian's akin to snake charmers? Rather than scaled beasts they tamed ones of fire and heat? Her mind moving back to his star, a star that was a fiery inferno of heat and energy that manifestation of himself; that was what Sol had called it, and it had been beautiful and could be dangerous. A smile quirked at her lips lightly as Sol's arm slipped around her shoulders. Her mind moved back to snakes and other reptiles that were beautiful, but clearly told predators that they were deadly. Sol's little ball of fun, as he'd dubbed it was much like that for himself. Oblivious to those who looked on or even the protective manner in which he had her cuddled into his side, Orii's mind was on Sol.

Oriane's face tipped towards him with the first question and she smiled, dimple flashing. "Mmm.. I came here almost a year and a half ago" The station had been the first big place she'd settled after her parents deaths. "I was living on the streets like an urchin when maman found me... She'd been watching me for a little while, I found out later" Her smile was soft as she looked ahead, the lifts getting closer. "I was too old to be on the streets like that and she took me in, that's what she said" Oriane didn't know the other reason's Bellamere had taken her in. She had been attracting attention, the wrong sorts and Bellamere had saved her from it by offering her a place in her home. Much like Sol, Orii had trusted the woman quickly and they had become more than friends to the almost mother and child like relationship they held now. Chuckling she looked back to him. "If you're going to ask me questions, you should know I will return the favor. How long have you been away from your home?" Oriane knew he was new to the station, so asking the same question would have been fruitless.

Inside the lift, she had yet to answer his question about her favorite color. She'd been thinking hard about the question when his arm had tightened slightly around her, and Oriane used it as a rather flimsy excuse to cuddle closer into him for a moment. New questions forming in her mind before she recalled his own. Blushing she bit her lower lip and lifted her shoulders in a small shrug. "Picking a singular color is difficult, they are all beautiful in their own ways... But I think yellow." Her wealth of ruby locks swayed some and she gave a small laugh. "But not just yellow" Her voice was soft as she mused and then she realized something she'd not put together before his question and blushed falling silent. The color she favored? The shade of his eyes. Golden and deep; not brown, nor yellow but a mix of the two. Goldenrod, her mind supplied the color name, but even that was off. Bellamere's eyes were close to the color, but they didn't match his own for accuracy. Clearing her throat as the doors opened she let Sol lead her from the lift that had contained just the two of them to the busy market.

Looking up at him, Oriane beamed and she nodded, looking back to what could only be described as the spectacle that was Market of a Thousand Peoples. "I was quite scared of it when I first arrived." Orii offered the secret admission as she shifted into him once more. "I came from a terraforming planet... There were maybe one hundred people? The market took my breath away and I didn't feel comfortable in it for a while. The press of too many souls in once place" Shaking her head some at her own experiences with the sight , her hand found his own. It didn't take him as long as it had her, to get over his own awe of the sight before them before he was leading her onward. "What is your favorite color?" The question was lifted some to carry over the din of life around them. Coming to stand in the line with him, Orii too could feel the way the music seemed to thrum along her skin, into her bones.

His questioned had her face tipping up to his once more, her fingers still laced with his own. Her smile was bright, and her face lit up, her feelings clearly written across her face. Days ago, she wouldn't have thought she'd find herself standing outside Cadence, or with a man rather than a group of girls. "I am" Her hand gave his a squeeze; Oraine wasn't afraid, Sol made her feel safe. She was happy to have this experience with him too and in that moment she couldn't fathom this moment, this joy and thrill of this first to be with anyone than the man beside her. The line shortened quickly and the duo moved towards the bouncer. Much like at dinner her eyes would drift away from Sol, but they often found themselves on him once more just moments later. The closer they drew, the more she could feel the music in her bones and her body swayed slightly against Sol's to the beat. She was elated and excited as their turn came to stand before the bouncer and his cool eyes as he took them in.

Sol listened intently and deeply to her as she spoke of herself and his head nodded slowly, brow pinching as she recounted living on the streets. He couldn’t imagine one as lovely as she would have remained safe for very long out there. Thankfully, Bellamere had come along to save her. His golden eyes twinkled in the lights as he focused his attention entirely on her. Oriane then directed a question his way, one which had his brow furrow further and he seemed to deeply consider his answer before responding, “It’s been about 16 years now. I left home at age 13 when my power first began manifesting. I lived aboard a colonial fleet that travels the galaxy and, without having a direct line of communication, it’s hard to know where it lies. My parents knew when I left that they may never see me again...I don’t think I quite knew it yet,” his response was far more personal than she might have been fishing for, but he was only too happy to share. His tone was nostalgic, though he didn’t seem to regret leaving. However, his golden eyes revealed a little of the trouble he felt within as they seemed to darken ever so slightly.

Outwardly, he seemed unaffected, and, soon enough, his eyes returned to their warmth as the next question came forward. As she began, he looked down at her as his hues swam with affection. She bit her lip, and his eyes watched with a small pang of jealousy as he wondered what she must taste like. She informed him of her favorite color, though with a caveat, and then she seemed to go pensive and thoughtful as the red hues of her cheeks deepened. He gave a warm chuckle to her precious display and he could only guess as to what was occurring within her mind. He hadn’t even considered the hues of his eyes fit so well into her described preference. “I could imagine a lovely girl like you having a hard time getting through here by yourself. And the energy here is so chaotic and thrumming. It’s almost hard to maintain any focus. Almost,” he said with a confident beam as he led her along. His head tilted a little as she asked him of his favorite color and he blurted out a hearty chuckle as he bit the corner of his lip. “Well...I am quite partial to blue hues,” he started while gesturing with his free hand to the star revolving around him, “And, there’s this hue of blue-green which I’ve quickly grown fond of.” He, of course, was speaking of her eyes which he’d found himself gazing into more and more frequently as the day wore on.

As Orii squeezed his hand in affirmation of her readiness, he gave hers a comforting squeeze back and he laughed excitedly. Already, he could feel the music crawling its way inside him and beckoning him to move. His body shifted and moved in small, fluid ways as they made their way closer and closer to the door. His eagerness was palpable. Before the bouncer, he watched as the man appraised the two of them carefully. One of the most noticeable features of Sol was his stellar companion, ever-shining as it whirled around him, seeming to pulse in rhythm to the music within Cadence. “Ohhhhhhh! You are the REAL deal, huh?” the bouncer asked, seeming to light up at the revelation that a Solarian was coming to the club. Sol, seeming to mirror the readiness nodded and replied, “It’s been a little too long since I’ve been to a club.” “Well, you have come to the right place, my friend!” he said before looking to Orii. The two of them seemed to have some knowledge that Orii was missing to complete the puzzle. “Is it your first time going to a club with a Solarian?” he asked, awaiting her response before quietly shouting, “You are going to have a BLAST! Just, try not to cause too much of a disturbance, man. We got a decent population in here tonight.” His last words were directed at Sol, who gave a chuckle and a shrug, “I’ll do my best.”

They were allowed through without much issue after the exchange and, as Orii would notice, people were looking as they arrived, particularly at the large man. Whispers could barely be heard, though there were a few words that could be picked out amongst each of the individual conversations. “Solarian”, “Show”, and “Insane” were some of the key ones she was hearing. Just what about Solarians in clubs was so special? She was definitely in store to find out as Sol entered into the large chamber, looking out across the structure. Lights of different intensities strobed with the beat. Lasers streaked through the air and lit up various levels, more wavelengths adding to the vibrant atmosphere within. Various screens were lit up across the walls, showing different scenes that blended with each other to make larger pictures that seemed to react to the music themselves. On the second story in a ring in the center of the club, there was a massive dance floor which was a bit more crowded than the rest of the lounge area. A long bar with stools lined the wall to their right and there were various booths all around where people were enjoying themselves.

The song which was playing as they arrived was coming to a close and the DJ’s voice came over the speaker system, “Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Club Cadence! I hope you all are having a great time tonight!” She paused in order to allow the crowd to cheer in response. “Alright, so listen up, party people! I have just been informed that a Solarian has arrived as I am speaking! I don’t have to tell you all what that means!” she continued, and the level of enthusiasm in the club seemed to skyrocket. Just what in the hell was it about him that had everyone so amped up? Certainly, his kind were rare but why did everyone in the club seem to know about them? Surely, it couldn’t be that all Solarians frequented night clubs? However, Sol seemed unphased by all the attention he was garnering as people in the lounges started to look their way. Heads swiveled from the bar as well and there were a few whoops and cheers. A small drone zipped its way from some unforeseen space and came to a halt just in front of the two of them. A hologram descended from its projector, an alien woman with heavy cybernetic augmentation displayed in an ethereal blue shimmer. “You got any song requests, big shot?” the hologram asked and it became apparent it was the DJ who was being projected.

Sol laughed and gave a nod and he gestured, “I’ll link it to you through the network,” he replied and the alien woman nodded before the hologram vanished and the drone whizzed off back towards the ceiling somewhere. “I guess we’d better get up there, then,” Sol said to Oriane as he looked quite eager and ready. He walked with her towards the lifts, platforms along the pillars which rose towards the dance floor as another song came on, though it didn’t seem yet to be what Sol was waiting for as he didn’t take any particular notice of it. He kept a firm hold upon her hand as they rose towards that secondary level which sat upon a massive tank filled with all sorts of aquatic life. A long, ribbon-shaped fish swam by, scales iridescent with vivid blue bioluminescence on its fins. As they reached the top, Sol stepped off with her in tow, looking towards her with an expression of pure joy and excitement on his face. As people saw him, some clapped while others just watched and it seemed like they were giving him a lot of space, along with Orii. It was like they had their own personal bubble as Sol moved them towards the front and center of the floor, wanting to be in the best place for the acoustics and for a display.

“Alright, alright!” the DJ interrupted the song as Sol seemed to be ready to dance. Orii could feel his muscles twitching with the desire to move, his star bristling energetically. “Give it up for the lovely couple! Let’s see what you can do!” Sol seemed to take this challenge with a smile as the lights dimmed a bit and a new song began to play. Immediately, it was as though the music had completely taken Sol over and all the lasers which were flying about suddenly shifted at abrupt angles, hurtling towards the Solarian’s form.

In less than microseconds, the lasers began to orbit them in a colorful show as Sol’s body began to move in fluid, wavelike motions with the music. Calculated, almost robotic movements accompanied the more synthesized portions of the melody, though blended with the fluid, serene movements which dominated the dance. The lights seemed to dance with him, waving around his arms and spiraling over his form. They moved sluggishly for light as if influenced by a force they couldn't ignore. They even highlighted Orii, the lights playfully whirling about her figure. She noticed more yellow hues were orbiting her and it was starting to become clear why Solarians were such hits at clubs. She could see the immense focus behind his eyes as he manipulated all the lights within the club, calling them to him to aid in his dancing display. “We are the lights, we are the lights!” the music called, Sol creating a maelstrom of colors overhead during the synth that followed. His whole body moved and gyrated in such a way, unusual for a man of his size to have such grace, but the gestures were nearly erotic when the wave reached his hips. Even his fingers were making incredible patterns and gestures which seemed nearly impossible, though possibly aided by an illusory effect of the lasers which danced along their skin.

Sol was paying attention to Orii as well, as the lights which flitted about her moved in time with her motions if a little delayed due to him needing to see it first. However, his reaction time was incredibly low for a human so it looked incredibly pleasant and complementary to her movements. At this moment, he didn’t have the club or its patrons in his mind. Everything he was doing, the beautiful display he was putting on, was all strictly for Orii. As the song began to reach its climax, Sol’s motions became more subdued and gentle as the various “oohs” and “aahs” played out. Above them, a cloud composed of prismatic, ever-shifting light that shimmered at various intensities. As the song reached the final notes, Sol brought his hands downwards while gesturing his fingers like raindrops. Following suit, the lights coalesced into colored raindrops containing every color therein and fell to the ground, at about the same rate as raindrops and even seemed to splash into a rainbow spray as they landed on the ground before the lights dissipated. His gaze was anchored on Orii as his chest rose and fell heavily, the exertion of controlling so much light at once along with his dancing having taken a massive amount of energy. The smile he was giving her was ecstatic and contagious as applause began to build loudly around them.

Blush graced her cheeks within the line and she looked away from him with a shy and almost silly little smile on her lips. She couldn't help it, his compliment echoing her own from before. Had they been closer, she might have hidden her face against his arm or chest, cuddling closer while the blush swam in her cheeks; even not being so close, Orii wanted to. Instead she drew her eyes from the point in the crowd she'd been staring at as she'd blushed like a schoolgirl and looked towards the bouncer.

The bouncer who towered over her, but didn't quite match Sol, seemed impressed by the taller man, and Oriane looked up to him, a puzzled look on her face. The bouncer's face lit up, almost like a child presented with a gift and she looked between the two. Whatever it was, neither seemed willing to share. Rather than be annoyed at being left out of the loop, she perked up like a curious kitten; if Oriane had been, her ears would have been alert and her tail flickering side to side. Nodding to the question she gave him a slightly nervous smile "No, my fist time". What exactly would be a blast, what was it that Sol could or would do? Her hand tightened in Sol's a fraction as they slipped past the bouncer as her nerves mounted slowly; it was excited butterflies with a tinge of uncertainty. Whatever would happen, Oriane knew... Sol would keep her safe. It wasn't even an assumption in her mind, no, it was fact.

As they moved through the darkness, lights lit up their path like interstellar collisions as they passed though the light haze in the air. Flickers that spun and danced within the deeper shades of the club, purples, blacks and grey were lit up by brighter hues; white, yellow, pinks and blues splashing through. The illusions the lights made were beautiful and as Sol led her further within she could hear the snatches of conversation. Music hummed through the club like a living breathing thing. With each deep beat of base to the higher, sweeter notes. All of it playing on and inside of her body.

Music faded slowly and the bright, cheery voice of the DJ came over the speakers and Oriane paused with Sol as her voice spoke and as the crowd of people responded. It felt like everyone knew about him, or his kind, for when the DJ said there was a Solarian, the cheer that followed it, dwarfed the previous one. Orii shifted closer to Sol at the uproar. She could feel as more eyes moved towards them and her feelings of nervousness only increased. It was the amount of attention he drew that made her feel slightly uncomfortable, while he had known what to expect she hadn't. Oriane wasn't unused to attention, but this was a whole different beast; still, Sol was with her, and that alone soothed her at the same time.

The holograph of the DJ appeared, projected from a hologram and vanished almost as quickly after the brief exchange. Oriane nodded, trying to let go of the nerves a smile finding it's way to her lips. She'd made up her mind in that moment when the hologram had appeared to not let this scare her. Everyone else around them was abuzz with excitement and it was because of Sol. It was funny how once she decided it didn't scare her or worry her or make her feel uneasy, how quickly she could let it met away. "Okay!"

This decision only seemed to be rewarded as they stepped off onto the platform. Hand still in his, her eyes found his face and for a moment, Oriane forgot how to breathe. Sol was handsome just on his own, but with the excitement and joy radiating from his face? He was breathtaking. Her smile matched his and the remnants of her own unsurety melting away. The people seemed to part for them, and soon Sol had them centered within the dance floor. The DJ's voice came over the speakers once more, the song that had been playing ended before it's time. Oriane took a slow deep breath, her eyes on Sol's as the DJ spoke, flickering to his star for a moment; her smile grew as it flickered.. It knew what was coming too.

The song started, the softer almost jazzy tones purring through the speakers first along with something else that seemed like ice in glasses. Though, the song faded for a moment as Sol began. Oriane gasped, eyes wide as the lights seemed to seek him out, it wasn't as if someone pointed them at him... No they seemed irresistibly drawn to him from their own paths. Moths to his flame. Orii's chest rose and fell a she breathed, the excitement causing the pace to be faster. The lights were like her... Her smile was bright and it was like the music slowly came back to her, though in truth it had never stopped.

Oriane had been statue still, though only for a moment or so before she let herself go. Had she been alone and had the lights not be dancing for her, for she knew in that moment, they did dance for her and her alone at the command of Sol, Oriane might have closed her eyes; though she couldn't tear her eyes from his as she began to dance. Music allowed to flow through her very soul. The movement started at her head, as it tilted to the right, the shoulder nearest joining it. The movements of her body were fluid, graceful and almost serpentine. Arms rising and falling as her shoulders, hips and chest rose and fell on the tide of the music. She could feel the warmth of the light where the beams fell on her body. The movements, the feeling of the music within every fiber was freeing. It unlocked something deep within her as her eyes held his own. For her, there was Sol, the lights and the music.

She never noticed as her own body began to react to his display. One of her arms lifted and light trailed from her fingers.. Like captive fireflies that fell from the tips in a shower of little sparks. Just the start of her own awakening, the edges of her flaming red hair glittered and as she spun in a small circle, a curtain of hair sailed out on the current of air her own body made, leaving a shower of color in her wake. The flames did not appear anywhere else, save for one; within her eyes, the sea glass blue green slowly became studded with flecks of gold, dancing within their depths. The music dwindled down and Orii could feel her heart racing within her chest, a smile stretched across her lips. Not once had her gaze left his own during their dance.

Laughter bubbled in her throat and she blushed as the world around them slowly came back into reality. It wasn't just the two of them dancing in a star shower, created and controlled by Sol.. a cacophony of sound rose around them. Blushing she moved into him, arms circling his waist, her head against his chest; she could hear his heart over everything and it seemed as if for a moment, it beat in time with her own.

Sol’s smile grew as Oriane began to move with him during the dance and he felt as though he were catching fire from the passion which drove his display for her. His eyes, locked with hers with an unflinching focus, were fiery, gilt orbs which spoke of the affection he nurtured for her. He could almost feel his pulse in his neck from how hard his heart was working. Sol watched on as Oriane’s fingertips left particles of glowing embers in their wake, showering downwards as her arm raised. A spin and her hair fanned out, shimmering as more of the colorful spray spread from her. Not only was she dancing with him, but she also elevated the display into one more beautiful than he could have performed on his own. He noticed the hints of gold within her eyes as his lovely, bright smile spread broadly over his rugged visage.

Her laughter made his smile brighten further, his mote a bright beacon as it shone more brilliantly than ever and a low, delighted laugh left him as she rushed over to him and wrapped herself around him. Happily, Sol reciprocated and wrapped one arm around her head, cradling it to his chest. His other arm wrapped around her back, his large hand holding onto her hip and pressing her body against his, closing all the gaps from between them. He was radiant, both in warmth and light, and his heartbeat steady, strong, and rhythmic as he held onto Oriane. His face found the top of her head and he nestled himself a bit into her wavy locks. He took a deep breath, the lovely, feminine aroma carrying into him and spreading through him like a pleasant shock.

At that moment, Sol realized a few things. Acting upon his realizations, Sol brought his hand up from her hip, tracing along her side and then back down, leaving soft little patterns along with his fingertips as he lifted his head away from hers. The arm which was around her neck slipped across her shoulder and his fingers traced multiple paths across her neck before cradling her chin, lifting her gaze to meet his. His eyes were filled with determination and warmth; affection and desire. She could feel what he wanted before he ever acted. It was written all over his face, in his eyes, and his body language. His thumb rest against her jaw while his index cradled the other, her chin supported by the span between as he leaned forward and brushed her lips with his. Another jolt surged through him, reinforcing his desire as he pressed his lips more earnestly to hers this time, kissing her slowly and rapturously.

Music began around them again, unnoticed by the man who was totally encapsulated within this moment with Oriane. Some were looking, but still, he remained unbothered with the attentions and trappings of the world around them. As far as he was concerned, they were the only two in this room. One kiss turned to two and then to three, his lips locking with hers pleasantly different each time. His fingers traced her jaw, thumb coiled some of her red locks as seconds passed the threshold of a minute before he finally broke off if only to breathe. If she thought he’d been excited before, he looked elated at this point and he couldn’t help but let out a heartful, warm laugh. “I’m hopeful that was something you enjoyed because I’d like to do more of it in the near future,” he said with a playful grin as he squeezed her hip.

He could stand there with her, just propping her up for hours and hours, but he doubted that sounded like too much fun for either of them. Rather, he gave her another quick, affectionate kiss before asking, “Are you feeling a little warm? We should go get some drinks that might cool us down a little. Worst case, we have some tasty drinks either way.” He could feel his own heat radiating off of him, though it wasn’t much of a bother, nor was what she was passing along to him. “I think if we keep warming up like this, we’re liable to melt through the floor,” he said with a playful laugh before biting the corner of his lip just a little. Holding her close, Sol pivoted towards the lifts and began to lead them back to the platform to take them off of the stage. Some who were still paying attention gave a few “whoos!”, seeming to enjoy the spark shared between them.

Once back on the ground level, Sol scanned for a free booth before sweeping Orii towards it, very nearly carrying her from how quickly his feet moved. After ensuring she was comfortably seated, he took a seat next to her and wrapped one arm around her shoulders. The dim lights which accented the booths only served to light her face in ways that beckoned him to kiss her more. He wanted to ensure her thirst was slaked, first, before tackling their hunger. An android skillfully made its way over to them and presented a drinks menu to them. They had a variety of alcoholic cocktails, beers, spirits, and wines in addition to non-alcoholic beverages such as sodas, a few different varieties of teas, and stimulant beverages. Sol didn’t particularly enjoy having anything which altered his state of mind and so asked for a birch beer, a commodity he was thoroughly surprised to see on offer.

After their drink orders were taken, Sol turned his entire attention to the sweet, affectionate beauty before him. “I suppose it’s only proper I ask you now, though the better time might have been before the kiss. But, would you do me the honor of being my girl?” he asked her with youthful glee as if he were recapturing moments from the past which he’d never gotten to experience properly. She'd notice that his cheeks were beginning to turn a mild crimson, an uncharacteristic flush of embarrassment hitting this monolithic figure. His fingers traced her shoulder absentmindedly as his golden hues, smoldering and intense, stared deep into those amaranthine pools of hers. He could get lost, swimming in those waters. Time seemed to pass ever so slowly for him as he awaited her verdict. He was confident she would agree but he wanted to hear it come from her euphonious words.

Elation pulsed through her as Sol cuddled her into him, the little space that had persisted between them gone. Their warmth bled into one another and she was surrounded by the comforting scent of him once more. There was a feeling forming inside the small female as he curled around her, cheek pressed to her hair, more a sense than anything else. Sol felt like home. Shifting in his arms slightly, Oriane nuzzled her cheek to his chest slightly, happy for once, her blush wasn't on display with the thought. Though, it did seem like he enjoyed watching the way she blushed, if their previous interactions were anything to go by. She couldn't help the feelings he elicited from her; familiarity, belonging, safe and then there were hints of things that could come to be given time.

Fingers slid from her hip and up her side, tracing patterns along the bare strip of skin, a shiver trailing up her spine despite the warmth of their bodies. She could feel the subtle movements of his body as his head lifted from her own and it wasn't until his hand slowly titled her face to his that she moved. Orii's eyes took in his own and she knew long before his mouth descended what his intention was; as his mouth got closer to her own, she rose slightly on her tip toes, her mouth meeting his. The first kiss was chaste and sweet, a mere brush of lips, the second far less so; still on the tips of her toes she rested her hands on his chest.

Sol would be her first kiss, second and third. Her eyes had closed as she'd risen to meet the kiss and closed they remained as her body took small cues from his own. When he had desired her lips to part, the first brush of his tongue and when her own had tentatively joined his own. Sol's touch feathering along her face and hair, her own remained on his chest, steadying herself. When he finally pulled back, her lips looked rosier than they had before the kissing had begun. Heavy lashes lifted and she blushed at his bright smile and she gave a small squeak as she lowered to her heels once more, her face hidden against his chest as he commented on doing in more. Nodding against his jacket she pulled away slowly at the playful squeeze of her hip. Orii's heart was racing once more, she could feel as it thudded away beneath her breast in an excitable tango.

Another sweet kiss and she chuckled, her husky tones warm. "I am always warm, but a drink sounds nice" Her smile was shyer and she bit her lower lip as she did, the tender strip of skin trapped underneath one of her dainty fangs. "There is a reason I sleep in the cube. Besides, no warnings have gone off" She leaned up and brushed another chaste kiss to his lips. "Yet at least" Laughing she let him lead her off and the whoo's made her cuddle into him a little closer, a small wave of self-consciousness flaring up, solely thinking it was because of their kiss, still unaware of how she'd joined in with his dazzling display.

Swept down the stairs and towards the line of booths tucked to one side and within patches of darker spaces, dim lights resting on each table's surface. Slipping in Oriane found herself snuggled into his side once more as he sat beside her, not that she mined in the slightest. His closeness offering her that sense of home and belonging washing over her, soothing. Shifting slightly she rested a hand on his knee, the touch the first of it's kind for her. Her face turned up towards him and she smiled though only for a moment before the android approached their table, drawing her attentions away. Blushing she requested a Shirley Temple, extra cherries. The drink was for kids normally, but she liked the fizz and the sweet mix of citrus and sweet fruit.

Watching the android leave, Oriane's face turned to Sol's with a smile. Sol's question caught her off guard and her lips parted; the shock faded and her lips closed, mouth curling into a smile. She had not expected the question, but the look on his face made her heart give a small flip. Her free hand rose to cup his cheek, her body turning into his as she did so. The brush of her thumb along the softness of his skin feather light, her eyes on his "I.. I would like that" she gave him a small nod, her smile slowly growing. "And I don't mind that you kissed me first, if you promise to kiss me again" The words were shy, but her smile was bright by the end of her little demand.

Her rise to greet his lips was aided by a small lift from his strong arm as his hand grasped hold of her waist. Each kiss felt like bliss as his smoldering eyes slowly shut and his mind envisioned how she appeared against him. He’d not expected his passion to ignite in such a way, but soon he’d begged her mouth open with a gentle flick of the tip of his tongue. She obliged and further danced her own against his as he subconsciously released a soft ‘mmhh’ of delight. Her grip on his chest felt the quickening pace of his heartbeat as he rose over the moon with their exchange.

~Fuck,~ he thought as he saw the way her lips begged him for more as they parted and the way she looked up at him sent a jolt straight through, eliciting another small shiver from him. Sol was pleased she enjoyed the affection as much as he was. He hadn’t misread her after all and, quite possibly, had underestimated how much her desire for him ran. Her response to his offer for drinks made him laugh softly, his voice warm and heavy with provocation. As she bit her lip, he leaned towards her and grinned as she lifted herself up to kiss him, just as he’d craved. It was as though she could read him like a book, and the chaste kiss was responded with a bit more aggression as he gave her lower lip a soft, quick nip. She pressed against him, for safety and security as he took her away. He loved the feel, how it seemed everything was in place with her at his side.

He needn’t any alcohol tonight, he was already intoxicated.

Seated and smiling, Sol felt her hand present on his knee and he released a slow sigh of relaxation. He enjoyed how she felt, small and precious, as her hand rest upon him. Sol took interest in the drink she’d ordered. Some might have called it childish, but he found it endearing. He loved the little moments of innocence she provided. He’d missed a great deal as a teenager and yet, at this moment, there was nothing he felt he’d ever lacked. Well, nearly nothing, he amended his thoughts as he craved more closeness between them.

His question brought about a more genuine, bright smile than he’d ever seen from her and her demand for a promise was met by an equally bright smile on his part. He truly was the luckiest man alive. Rather than say anything, Sol brought his lips towards hers as he leaned into the feathery touches of her soft hand. The heated breath left him before he inhaled slowly through his nose as he locked his lips with hers once again. His eyes relaxed shut and the hand around her shoulders began to tease her neck with strong fingers as his body shifted to face hers more completely. His other hand found the gap in her dress and his fingers caressed her hip tenderly. He bit her lip again, a little more firmly than the first, and gave a tug before taking hers again with more passion. His tongue traced the crest of her lower lip before sliding between it and the upper, tangling with hers as he used the tip of his to outline hers.

His eyes gave away how he smiled when they were kissing, wrinkled at the closed edges of his lids. His hand around her made her seem almost like a doll, his thumb near her navel, and his fingertips wrapped around her back. Slowly, he began to part from her lips as his breaths came slow, deep, and warm. His eyes were ablaze as he opened them, gold glimmering like embers of a fire as he looked at her with unabashed desire. “You won’t ever need to worry about my desire to kiss you. I feel I’m already growing addicted to this affection we share,” he mused with an alluring tone to his voice. It wasn’t long after their romance had ceased that their drinks were brought to them upon a tray carried by the android. Seemed they had good timing, at the least. “Thank you,” Sol responded courteously, the android nodding and leaving them to it. His eyes scanned around for a moment. They were in a darker area and there were fewer people around, which made him feel more comfortable.

He lifted the icy cold bottle towards his lips and took a long, satisfying swig of the herbal concoction within as one of his eyes found Orii and beamed happily. After his swig, he set the bottle on the table and turned his focus back entirely to her. “Shame that box of yours isn’t big enough for two. I was serious about wanting to hold you tonight,” his deep voice was still heavy with warmth and seduction, his eyes trained on her as he bit the very corner of his lip and tugged it momentarily. His focus on her reminded her that he was a hunter for most of his life and the way he looked at her was almost primal in form as he made his intentions well known through the language of his body and his lips. It was like when he’d first drank her in, how he looked at her with such intense appraisal and appreciation.

“Once we’ve finished our drinks, I’d like to head back home. We’ve had a long day and I’m sure both of us would welcome respite.”

Outside, within the path leading to Club Cadence, several armed and armored men were speaking to each other through a private communication frequency in their helmets. Special encryption held prying ears at bay as they plotted their next moves, debating the best place for an ambush. Rather than risk going into the club, they chose to set up in the only route which initially led from the club to the lifts. They’d grabbed a few suspicious looks, but they hadn’t seemed to be harassing anyone nor loitering where they shouldn’t and so were largely ignored.

“Right, so. We’ve got a new objective, lads. We kill the big man first and then attempt to take the girl hostage. Her kind is worth a fortune on the black market and, so long as she’s not a problem on the station, the boss doesn’t give a shit what we do with her,” the same man from earlier, wreathed in shadow still as he stayed away from where the light touched the most. His armor had enhancements within which seemed to collect shadow and make it harder to discern his exact position. All they needed to do now was wait for the opportunity to launch their assault.

Back
Top Bottom