Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A moonlit path paved with bone (Cylian997 & Digital Siren)

Arms had tightened around her as she’d cried, a safe harbor in the storm of her tears. He’d said nothing to mock her for her tears, nor shown distaste that his shirt was soaked through. He’d held her and as she’d pulled her away he had let her pull from his grasp without a word. Her mind had moved back to Aki and what she’d told her. It wasn’t her, but the Crown Prince’s desires for elvish flesh. Did he know? How would one even pose that question? Yamato, did you know your father destroyed my people not for the reasons he gave, but so you might have a bed slave? That you're being set up? It was not a way to repay his kindness thus far, Chrysanthe knew that much.

The hands that cupped her face, gently wiped her tears from her satin skin were tender and her eyes met his, her nerves still raw. Her smile was small, but there was a glint of something in her eyes as she nodded. “Thank you” As he moved to pack with her, she moved with him. It took them a little while to pack the things she couldn’t leave without. Her clothing, books both spiritual and not, gifts from her fosterlings and friends alike. His comment made her smile and she inclined her head. “Caerovel said he had to build it strongly because I was foolish enough to want my home underneath the falls” She took his arm, the touch was gentle. “Wait” Her words were soft and she gave another small smile. His kindness could be repaid with a simple act of kindness in return.

In the distance, the sun was slowly setting, and she pulled him closer into her, so they stood within the doorway. It was a slow transition, but within a few moments, in the setting of the sun her little home was ablaze in golds and oranges. Little flickers of gold illuminated the air around them and she smiled. It was perhaps the first real smile she’d had since they’d met, though even this one was tinged with sorrow. “But, how could I not wish to live beneath such a sight?” She looked up at him, lips still curled upwards. “To live underneath such magic” There was no magic, not really, but anyone looking at the falls would see them glittering like molten gold. Her hand slowly slid down his arm, fingers brushing his own before she stepped away. “I wanted to show you all that you were saving for me”

Chuckling softly she shook her head. “When you have your evening meal, I will eat” It was the last she could do. It may not have seemed like much to him, but it meant everything to her. As they turned back to the task of packing her life up into near piles, his question gave her pause. “Some of it I can no longer do” Her hands rubbed her wrists and she shook her head some. “But I like to ride.. Sing” She thought for a moment more. “I would make medicines for the sick and had a fair hand at archery. I would teach the fosterlings it, if they’d been good and I loved to dance” She bit her lower lip, looking at him from under her lashes. “What about yourself?”

Shifting, she took a seat, legs curling to one side. She would be his companion at least for a while… And while she might not have chosen any of the life he might offer her, fighting him every step of the way wasn’t who she was. She still harbored fears that he was like Aki or his father, but he’d yet to show the slightest hint of it. At most, it was clear in the way he looked at her, from time to time, that Aki spoke the truth. He lusted for her and if she was being honest, the way he looked at her, made her body stir in a way that she rarely felt. Only Caerovel had ever caused her to feel that way before, but the two of them, no matter their feelings, could have never been. In the same mindset, Yamato was handsome, she could lie and say he wasn’t to herself and to him; the same she could lie about how the way he looked at her, when he thought she didn’t see him doing so made her feel. Lying to him would be one thing, but to herself?

"That is certainly something..." Yamato could not help himself as his eyes drifted on her again; the creaminess of her skin tempted his very being, he wished to dive into her eyes and be lost in the unfathomable deepness of them, to feel those sumptuous lips on his and the exquisite contours of her body, the hair that seemed fashioned by moonlight alone. He was forced to move his hair in a manner to cover his cheeks as they began to flush. He wanted nothing more than to claim her now but he wanted to be respectful no matter how much his body yearned for her. A cold bath was going to be in order after such a day. But as the sun hit its peak, he finally got a chance to see what Rhys had spoken about as his eyes widened.

Cerulean blue eyes stared off into the distance as Yamato took in the majesty of the world before him. A breathless sigh escaped his lips as the unparalleled beauty of what was before him could have only been topped by one thing; and she sat next to him. "Those can actually be rather useful for me in my travels. It will be great to have you along. And you sing as well? I need to ask you to sing for me, when you are ready. I can imagine anything you would sing now would be more of a dirge than something joyous. But I have seen countless things in this wide world; the dwarven capital of Bhel Garom, The Weeping Willows of Waedorai, but this might only be topped by one thing. And she is standing next to me." Yamato admitted rather confidently as he turned around and helped Rhys carry everything back. When it came to his own skills, the man thought for a moment before he began to speak.

"When it comes to my skills? I don't have much besides my martial prowess and my skill with certain instruments. I am mostly trained in the aspects of war so I don't have to many other skills. Father ensured that all of my more joyous endeavors were killed. I still practiced in secret however much to my father's displeasure. I guess wandering is another hobby of mine. With all of the terrible things my people do, the least I can do is try to make the lives of others bit better. It may or may not work sometimes but the least I can do is try." As the sun continued to set Yamato eventually began to move as he walked along.

"But we are going to Aleport and we have a few days of travel. We have a lot to see and some other jobs to do, I don't mind helping poorer areas with free guild work if its on my way. Aki normally comes along but she should be fine I think." He chuckled as he picked up her items with care as he took them to a separate carriage that was prepared beneath her home. Yamato again, sternly, gave orders to the men who were to remain here. They might have offered complains but it seemed Yamato had nothing of it as he continued with his message. Aki eventually came by and looked over at everything as she heaved a sigh.

"My my, it looks like you two had some fun here." Aki obviously intended to tease Rhys as they had spend some time alone. "Did you get a chance to experience the prince's sword? Never been privy but it certainly always looked quite nice. We can chat about such things." Her tone was actually quite soft and whimsical unlike her normal frozen tone. It seemed even Aki enjoyed being around Yamato as well, her excitement was actually noticable.

She had thought to share something of beauty with him, a way to repay Yamato’s kindness. When he paid her a compliment, one so unexpected Chrysanthe froze, her face turning up to him in surprise. “Yamato…” Her voice seemed unsure, but she offered him a shy smile, that tugged at the edges of her lips despite her current mood. He wasn’t wrong any song she would have sung, would have been tinged by her grief, the words dripping with her sorrow. “Perhaps, some other time” Like it or not, Rhys was attached to the man by her side. As they walked, and she questioned him about his own skills, their arms laden with her possessions, his answers giving her pause. Handing over her burden she touched his arm lightly. “Do you not sing or dance prince?” It was the first sign of who the Priestess might have been, in another life.

His answer was stalled as Aki approached them. Her eyes lowered and the moment of playfulness vanished from Rhys. Though, as her eyes took in the woman she wondered if she would take teasing in the same vein as well. Chrysanthe may have known the touch of another, but she was not completely innocent of the topic. She’d heard others speak and smiled slightly. “We were gone for so little time Aki, surely you don’t think that, had he shown me his sword, we’d be back quite so soon?” Rhys knew someday, she’d likely know exactly what it felt like to be bedded by Yamato. She also knew that if she were to bed him, that information would stay between them, and Aki, friend, or enemy would not be privy to the info.

Her eyes moved to the man in question, watching as he spoke with his men. He indeed seemed nothing like his father and there was hope… Her mind drifted back to the confines of her small home, cradled in his arms. He’d offered comfort, kindness… She knew from Aki and from his own lingering eyes that he desired her, but he’d not pushed himself on her. Aki had spoken of his brother and knew that he’d not have waited. Looking to Aki, she frowned softly. “You clearly desire him… Why haven’t you?” It couldn’t have been that the father did not share if his brother had raped her. Aki herself had told her of the Crown Prince’s inclination to the elven kind, Aki was of the same decent. It was clear that Aki favored him as well. Her eyes moved back to Yamato, having moved to the woman beside her for a moment. “He is kind”

"Now how was I supposed to know? Maybe you were able to get it all out of him with how beautiful you are." Aki turned over and smiled to Rhys with the same sickening sweetness. She was not surprised how, with only a little bit of time, Yamato had already begun to win the priestess over. Yamato was the sweetest little bun of sugar in his own way. It was expected, though that question from Rhys brought a noticeable shade of crimson across her cheeks. It was certainly a surprise as Aki's eyes only seemed all the more bright against the subtle color of her cheeks. "It is something stupid and something I do not understand. But I am not only a royal translator but also a royal concubine for the divine family. Except for Yamato... who keeps me at arms length with an annoying riddle."

There was a moment of vulnerability as she stared down to the ground and seemed lost with herself. "He won't sleep with me but with me. I hate how it sounds so simple yet it is impossible for me to reach. But no matter how hard I have tried he rebuffs me. Now look at you getting all defensive about him! Is your tummy swimming with butterflies?" Aki teased her now new companion with a gentle poke of her tummy as Yamato continued to march along. The prince had carried at much as he could as Rhys saw an enclave of about twenty or so elves that were going with them. Rhy saw the exhaustion in their eyes, the anguish; the children who could no longer even muster a tear.

Rhy was at least able to notice one thing, these were the elves that were going with them. There were around fifty of them as separate carraiges were set for them. They were not going to be cramped as Rhys almost felt the anger from one of the younger boys. Calanon, one of the children from the rather proud army of elvish warriors who fell. The boy slipped from his mother's grasp as he grabbed a rock and charged towards Yamato. He had always been a bit of the violent sort and never took on to the elvish graces of civility. Regardless, Yamato had no idea that the boy charged at him.

Beautiful? Her head tilted, eyes taking Aki in as she spoke, when her cheeks flushed she shook her head slightly and reached out, hand brushing her arm gently. “Sorry, I was just curious, I shouldn’t have pried.” A delicate snort left her and she shook her head. “I don’t care who he sleeps with, Aki.” And she didn’t at least not yet. While he was kind to her, she didn't know him or have any feelings beyond the soft stirrings of lust and compassion for the Crown Prince. The riddle seemed like it had an easy answer and she nodded in his direction. “Aki what were you like before all of this? Perhaps it's that woman he seeks... Not what you've been forced to become”

Surely she hadn’t been so twisted, cruel and saccharine, the combination like poison. It left a feeling of insincerity lingering whenever the two interacted and she’d known the lovely female for less than a day. Her eyes moved to the precision of elves, the cracks in her heart fracturing further. Watching them as they headed to the carriages that would transport them to Yamato’s estate, where he’d promised her they’d be safe… or safer. Yamato seemed to be sincere with this, as they were far more carriages than were needed for the number being led to them. They would have a small amount of comfort, if only to not be packed tight.

Her eyes were tracing the faces of those headed to the carriages, a fair few were well known to her. One of those Calanon. The boy was headstrong, but it had been understandable when she took a look at his family. Proud, fierce warriors… She knew at least his father had fallen in defense of their lands and his mother had been missing, but it was her hand that Calanon held. Rhys had begun to smile and offer a silent thank you to the gods when she saw him slip her grasp. There was no time to think, Chrysanthe moved, her slender form agile. Had she access to her magic, she might have called on the wind to aid her steps as she rushed at Calanon, her long hair streaming behind like a banner on a windy day.

Rhys was slender, shorter than many of her kind but she moved like a zephyr, putting herself firmly between Calanon and Yamato. Her eyes narrowed into slits. “Calanon” Her voice reverberated with the echoes of her power, the husky, sweetness taking a turn into something fierce “Calanon, gar- cin? Ped- cin got close farn na i rí cóon. Cin lothron n- polodren, but cin'de na aeg hon. Cin gar- attacked i rí cóon. Cin cuil, cín naneth's cuil a likelui an cín foolhardui. Na- i what cin anír-? Na n- i nienor bo hi aur?” Calanon, have you lost all sense? Say you got close enough to the Crown Prince... You may be strong, but you'd be unable to fell him. But, you would have attacked the Crown Prince. Your life, your mother's life and likely more would be punished for your foolhardy actions. Is that what you want? To be the cause of more sorrow on this day?

Rhys walked closer to the boy and took the rock from his grasp, looking at him with sorrow in her eyes. “And doubt you will even escape punishment for even daring to cause harm to him.” Her hand brushed the boy’s cheek tenderly and her eyes shifted to his mother who’s face was pasty, tears in her eyes as one of the guards stopped her from going to his aid. What could she do to save the boy punishment? She had no real sway over Yamato. Tears touched her pale eyes and she turned her head, her slender form hiding most of the boy, though Rhys was too petite to hide all of him. Her lashes lowered, chin touching her shoulder, her eyes sought out Yamato. He could step in, but doing so might be seen as weak, or perhaps compassionate… Both came with their own problems.

The man's ears twitched as he had heard Rhys admonish the boy as he turned over with a smile. Yamato was always a bit more fond of the head strong, those who believed in their convictions so strongly that they dash everything else to remain in sight of those convictions. The man walked over as Calanon's eyes remained pressed on the prince as he knelt down near the boy. "I take it common might not be the language you speak." While Yamato spoke elven to the boy, it only seemed to make Calanon all the more upset. He was large for a younger boy, as the son of a former warrior it was expected.

"How dare you use our tongue! It is your fault that my father and people are dead! If you ever dare fight me I will kill you myself!" Calanon was normally a fiery young lad who charged in as Yamato only offered a smile as with a snap several of the guard for the prince brought out a pair of weapons; one made of wood and the other made of metal. The prince quickly took the wooden weapon as Calanon had again slipped out of Rhys' grasp and headed towards the sword. The prince had remained rather jovial about the entire thing as he knelt down to Calanon's level. "I challenge you to a duel!" The boy spoke with every bit of courage he could muster as his eyes welled up.

"I accept your duel. Now prepare yourself." Yamato responded as he stood up and put his wooden sword in front of him. Aki had come by to give them space as she stood next to Rhys. As the young elf charged in blindly, every defensive move was nothing more than a playful bop on the head. "You have to do better than that to kill me! Ohh! So close!" Every single phrase uttered by Yamato was only meant to provoke Calanon, which only frustrated the boy further which had only made him more sloppy. Some of the guard for the prince came and saw the fight as if this were a normal part of the royal's life. Every single wide swing and bad attack was met with a swift bop on either his head or behind.

"Yamato does this with the younger or those who wish to hate his people. He plays with them and allows them to exhaust themselves. Many of those same men and women follow his team now in Alepost. And as easy as your solution sounds Rhys... I wouldn't even know where to begin." Aki remained actually quite distraught over this, if that was the only way she could have him, then she would never have him. "But eventually the boy will tire and then Yamato will offer the boy some sort of consolation prize. Not that anything could work here. But he tries like the hopeless puppy he is." As Aki had stated, Yamato remained rather excited at the little battle. Until Calanon had finally relented.

"Rhys? Do you mind having a calming chat with the boy now that he is a bit more calm? And please tell his mother not to worry, nothing will happen." This was not like a command issued with some kind of authority, but more like a calm suggestion. Yamato hoped that the youngling was finally willing to listen.

Watching Yamato approach her and the boy she stepped to the side, allowing them room, but she did not release him. Chrysanthe was not a fool. She did not comment as Calanon had another outburst. She knew of his family, the pride they had and she knew it was Yamato's people who had felled his father. It had not been the Crown prince himself, but she understood why the anger was directed at him. As the boy yanked his wrist from her grasp she allowed him to, eyes sad as she watched him march to the steel sword. As she backed away, she said a small prayer to the gods that it was Yamato that Calanon had decided to attack, not his father. A soft smile curled on her lips as Yamato accepted the dual. She wasn't afraid either would be hurt... Calanon's pride might be, but she understood what he was doing.

Her eyes shifted to Aki and she nodded. "Tis wise, truly" She turned to Aki and frowned softly. Her hand rose to her cheek, the touch was soft, as the silken tips of her fingers brushed along her jawline. "You already show some of who you once were." Her hand fell away from her face and Aki would find the brush of lips against her cheek next. "I don't know how they broke the woman you once were, but when around him try and let go of that.. venom you seem to wield like a shield" Rhys had no feelings for Yamato, at least none sexual for the moment, had she, there might have not been advice offered to Aki as to how she might obtain access to his bed. "It's easy to see that you like him and I do understand that what I say is easier to say than do. I will help as I can, if you like?" It was a soft offer. She found that even with that venom and hurt she was starting to like Aki.

Her eyes turned back to the fight and she nodded some. "Don't call him a puppy" The correction was offered softly. "Yamato doesn't seem helpless either" There was no rebuke in her voice, just simple facts. Inclining her head as Yamato called out to her she stepped away from Aki and headed to the panting youth. Taking the sword from him she touched his face, much like she'd touched Aki's. Her voice was soft, soothing as she spoke to him, her words a mummer of sound. "You will need to practice more, for surely you can challenge the Prince again when we reach his estate" She offered the suggestion as a reason to keep going, knowing his anger was unlikely to fade, but giving him a firm goal. "Come Tul- meld emel" The affection in her voice as she called him dear heart was filled with warmth as she led him back to his mother. She spoke to her softly as well, explaining that no harm would come to Calanon and where they'd be heading.

Stepping away from them she headed back towards Yamato, the iron sword still in her hand. She offered the blade to him, hilt first. "That was kind of you" Her eyes met his own, and her gaze searched for his. "Thank you" She said this softly, her lips curling softly along the edges. "I know you don't need my thanks, but they remain." Her head lowered slightly and she bit the inside of her cheek. "Perhaps someday we could spar?" She knew she would likely not be an equal match, but it was something that when she had ascended that had fallen to the wayside. She had practiced in private, but none would spar with her, no matter how she'd begged. Her stomach gave a small rumble and she blushed. "Any idea when your evening meal might be?"Her voice was sheepish as she had been the one to turn down the last offer of food.

"I can imagine all of you are hungry, I hope they will be willing to accept it. Seeing you eat might help them all eat. But sparring? Whenever you desire it Rhys I can get you a proper weapon commissioned so we can practice. And I appreciate your thanks more than you know Rhys." The prince still bled for the people as Calanon walked over to his mother Sayra. She bopped her boy on the head as she didn't even say a word. It was obviously expected for the wife of an elven warrior to have a stern and stoic outlook. Though Sayra could not truly offer anything to Yamato currently, she was thankful that her boy was left alone. After all, it was the last bit of her husband she had. Though Rhys could have seen that the boy did not intent to quit against Yamato; even if he never stood a chance. "But how about I get the cooks to make something easy for all of us. I will return."

"Aren't you quite the vixen Rhys. I have not been attracted truly to anyone besides Yamato in my whole life and here you are, making my heart pitter patter like some young child. I commend you for that. It is greatly appreciated. And you will get to keep me around for a bit longer. In case we run into other races. These plains are a little dangerous. The gnoll tribes run rampant. But try not to worry your head to much about it." Aki had actually spoken a little more honestly every single moment she opened her mouth. Her eyes had ventured across the woman's flesh as she had to appreciate the demure and lithe beauty hidden away behind the priestess. "I can see why the young lord so loves his elven mistresses. I might actually be jealous." The woman teased as the moon slowly rose over the horizon.

It would be the last time the elven priestess will ever see the moon above her home. The last time she might've felt the soothing presence of the pale moonlight. He last time her people would join into their festivals or whatever have you. While the remaining elves had all gathered up and offered prayers, a tantalizing scent soon tickled their noses. It was a fresh and fragrant smell with rice, meat and spices. There was that familiar smell from before as a rather large pot had been set down as Yamato had taken the time to prepare bowls for the elven people. Though it was obvious that many were not going to move there which only made Aki grow a little annoyed.

Yamato eventually walked towards Rhys with a bowl of this rice, there were so many things within it upon first glance; eggs, chicken, beef, it seemed as if every animal was represented here. But there were also vegetables that almost sang with freshness. There was a hint of spices too, vibrant scents that seemed to have called on the appetite as he offered her a bowl with a smile. "This is the best I can provide. The last thing everyone needs is to try and sleep on an empty stomach." Yamato had left the bowl of rice on her hand as that sultry smell wafted upwards and almost seemed to grab onto the attention of anyone who smelled it as it glistened with an unknown savory quality. The warmth from the bowl even seemed inviting as he walked off to serve more bowls. Aki had quickly taken one and walked off to be alone for now. "We fry up rice and add a whole set of ingredients to it, it is always challenge to not eat anything but this."

Silver locks shifted along her back, swaying to the right as Chrysanthe's head tipped to the side. He would feed her people? Less and less was she afraid the Yamato was like Aki or his father, the more she saw of him the better she thought of him. There was a slim chance this was all a sham, that sometime soon he'd show his true colors, but she wondered if he'd not have shown some of his true colors by now? It hadn't even been a day, but she had been closer to him for large parts of that day, hadn't she? A small smile tugged at her lips and she inclined her head. "And I you. Had that been your father or your brother, from what I hear not only would he be dead, but others would have paid the price." Pausing she bit the inside of her cheek. "I should warn you, though you doubtless require such... I did give Calanon a target in you. A purpose, a drive will keep him from trouble." her smile grew some. "Which means this will not be the first duel that he challenges you to. Aki said that you're not unused to this however." Nodding she allowed Yamato to depart with no further words, lavender tracing his steps as he retreated to see about food.

Turning towards Aki, she smiled softly. "I am not sure Vixen is a word I have ever heard applied to me before'' Facing her fully she chuckled, the sound was almost salacious. "It's nice to know that I elicit such feelings" Aki would find should she desire to share Chrysanthe's bed, the priestess was willing to lay with her. Aki was beautiful, there was no doubt about that and she doubted anyone could say that she wasn't physically beautiful. However, the same thing that barred her from Yamato's bed would prove to be similar for Rhys. As long as she felt there was honestly something good within the woman, Rhys wouldn't fight the attraction she felt. Chrysanthe watched as Aki took in her slender from. Rhys was smaller than most of her brethren, her form slight. However, her form was soft and curved gently in just the way it should. She didn't have the same voluptuous curves of Aki, her breasts were smaller, but would be near a handful, at least so it would seem as Aki's eyes traced her body. Beneath her breasts, her stomach tapered in before flaring gently at the hips. Her rear blossomed from her back, the gentle swells of her flesh perky. Her arms and legs were supple and toned. Stepping into Aki, Rhys tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "I wasn't sure I liked you when we first met'' Her husky voice was soft, something private for the two of them. "But you have shown that you're not quite what I thought." Her smile was soft, warm. "And I am glad for that. I shall like to spend more time with you I think" laughing softly Rhys shifted as she felt the moon rise, her eyes slipping to it.

What Rhys could not see were her eyes shifting slowly. The lilac of her iris slowly shifting into molten silver. Trapped within the swirling silver were chips of color studding the paleness like stars trapped within her gaze. The rays of the moon stretched out along, fingers of pale moonlight embracing the landscape and Rhys. Where there had been remnants of her power, she could feel a small pool of it come back to her. Like a bead of water, the small amount was precious to her and a sign that the Gods and Goddesses had not abandoned them. A trembling breath left her as her lashes lowered, the darkness of them resting against her pale cheeks, a tear slipping down along her cheek. Basking in the glow, she inhaled deeply and slowly opened her eyes. A prayer was offered by Rhys silently, her spirit rising within her with joy. Exhaling she felt an almost giddy laugh rising in her chest as she turned towards Yamato, his voice drawing her attention away from her Goddess.

Blushing softly she accepted the bowl and lifted it to her nose, inhaling the scent. Her stomach grumbled in response and the blush in her cheek darkened slightly as she smiled at him shyly. "Thank you" Aki had left her and her eyes found her retreating back before shifting to Yamato. "Will you join me for the meal?" Perhaps she should have taken the time to sit with her people, but in this moment, Rhys found herself drawn to Yamato and desired his company, if he would give it to her.

What a beauty, it was no wonder why the young lord was so attracted to elven women. Aki's body was one of sexual desire and deviancy. Voluptuous breasts paired with a bombastic set of hips gave the woman a form that defined fertility and sexuality. Aki's supple behind paired with her thick legs made her a prime target for all sexual desire. Her skin was sinfully creamy color, unblemished by the harshness of the sun. Aki's body was almost sculpted by man itself as her eyes, while normally dull, had become rather vibrant and her hair looked more like a prize made from precious gem stones than actual hair. "Well, despite anything, if you have desires I can fulfill, feel free to ask. It is one of the few things I can apparently do rather well. Maybe I can find out why the young lord so enjoys elven women. Who knows, maybe I will develop such a taste after all." The lascivious nature of her tone could not be ignored as her eyes explored even Rhys further. The prince seemed happy enough to feed the people who wished to eat.

His steady hands had finished offering bowls to the various amount of the elven people, Calanon included. It was no doubt a change for them, but if there was one thing that was not only easy to eat and a comfort food it was this. This rice had just about every texture trapped within it; crisp from the vegetables, savory from the meats, and the rice allowed these complex flavors to be delivered. Every bite was a little different than the last with varied profiles in every bite. Yamato had also introduced a slightly spicy sauce for the brave and a sweeter sauce for those who enjoyed something a bit softer on the palette. There was enough for everyone as Yamato turned to Aki and gave her some sort of order of some kind. Though when Rhys came and asked him to follow along, he was hooked.

Those eyes captured every bit of him. There was nothing he wanted more than to see those eyes, unfathomable in their deepness, enrich every moment of his life. Yamato couldn't help but blush as looked more deeply into Rhy's eyes. He had totally forgotten what they were supposed to do or... something. Yamato closed his eyes and took a moment to think as he grabbed his own bowl. "Of course." He stated without so much as a complaint as he followed her along towards a view of the splendor of the forest. "There is nothing like the tickle of nature to make any meal a better meal." He had those extra sauces with him as well as he took a seat next to her, though his gaze was not far from her body. "And I normally enjoyed such things like music, but I seldom get to explore such ventures here. When we reach Aleport I might be able to show you some of my skill."

Yamato had remained rather quiet as he ate a small bit of the rice before he added the sauces. Rhy's nose was easily able to pick up the differences between them as he turned to her. "Your eyes are so vibrant, why is that? I would apologize for staring, but I will never apologize for something I am enjoying. Why has it changed so?"

A sweet blush in her cheeks she smiled some. "I wouldn't be executed for sleeping with the royal family's concubine?" Her tone was playful and she bit her lower lip. "I do not have a preference for men or women Aki and perhaps at some point" The offer was made shyly. Rhys found her as lovely as Aki found her... But she wasn't willing to eagerly slip between the sheets with Aki without knowing if her intentions were good. Not even with her, or her body. Aki could just want sex and Rhys would have understood and accepted it, but she needed to be a good person or at least trying, when not under the thumb of Yamato's father.

When Yamato agreed to dine with her, after sending Aki off on some task, she motioned to the side. She could share the prince with her people and his own, but the first would be uneasy around him and the latter, she was uneasy with. It seemed the best course of action was to sit apart. To, perhaps get to know one another a little better as they ate. The walls she had were lowering, she could only hope he was doing the same. She didn't know fully what he expected from her... She knew what he said, but she also knew there was more, the desire was present even now.

"Perhaps after the meal, I could find some musicians? Tonight the moon is rising, we often have a small performance for such" And indeed they did. When the moon began to rise once more they danced, sang and had revelry to welcome her back. A monthly night of merriment, that was a time for the people to gather with loved ones. There were other events, other occasions for such, but sometimes it couldn't be done. This one night was never missed. The night of the month where the moon rose in her glory for the first time, reappearing after the darkness, was upheld religiously. If one could not join in on the merriment, there were always ways to pay homage to the Goddess alone, be it with prayer or other means.

Slowly Rhys are her food, enjoying each mouthful. The dish was rich and filling while not being heavy. She was unsure how they had found such a perfect balance and she but her lower lip as she watched him eat. It didn't take long to catch his eye and she smiled shyly. "I will trade you something I have for that mushroom" Mushrooms were Rhys' favorite vegetable and being softer, playful with Yamato felt... Nice. Though his own question gave her pause. "What do you mean?" Rhys had no idea that her eyes looked like the night sky, studded with starts that glimmered gently in the darkness.

As the young man ate his food, he was unable to deny the simple request from Rhys, even if the mushrooms were his favorite as well. Selflessness just came a bit more naturally to him as he laid some of his mushrooms on the top of her plate. "That means we need to do something don't we? While this place is a camp if there is something that can help everyone celebrate then please feel free to ask. Sadly, we don't carry instruments with us and father delegates such endeavors to women. Aki is actually quite the shamisen player." He quickly finished his bowl as he took a moment and gazed at Rhys for a moment.

"It is a little hard to describe, the best way I can say it is that your eyes right now puts the skies to shame with how luminous they are. While the night before us is truly wondrous, your eyes makes it look like a badly done painting by comparison." While there might have been some hyperbole it was not true, right? The man's eyes remained pressed upon her eyes as he seemed trapped within her multi-colored visage. Eventually, he pulled himself from those distinct galaxies within her eyes as he tried to look back out towards the natural beauty before him. In this moment, maybe due to how much he found elven beauty the pinnacle of beauty; he wanted nothing more than to lay her down and take her as he wished. He would've made her quite the mother and that was not something he intended to do any time soon.

"But I do hope that the meal is enough for your little festival. If there is more that I can bring please do not hesitate to ask." A warm smile crept up on his lips as his eyes became focused on her. The sweetness of her skin called to him, every inch of her flesh begged to be licked and nipped at him him. He wished to brand those thighs with the marks of his unbridled lust, to leave the woman in a quivering wreck. He cursed his own moral compass as the desire within him turned from a gentle kindle to a flame that roared to the sky. He took in several deep breaths as he needed to find something to distract himself with.

"May I ask if you have a bit of a sweet tooth? I hope you do, there are so many treats to try. But what is your personal favorite treat? Hopefully it is something I can find for you again." The man laid down upon the gentle grass as a crisp breeze passed. He was a bit more armored but he was used to such temperature. "For those who are coming with it, I hope they can grow to trust me enough to at least not wallow in despair. That is what I worry for most right now. Even if they must hate me for now to arrive and find a new way. Hopefully they are not throwing the food in disgust of my people, no matter how warranted it might be." While he may have chuckled, the worry was obvious in his tone. It stuck in the air like a bad perfume as he closed his eyes for a moment to enjoy the landscape.

She smiled softly as he shared his mushrooms with her. In truth she'd offered to see if he'd ask for anything, when he didn't Rhys' smile grew and she nodded. "Thank you" She munched on them happily, savoring the rich flavors of them, mingled with the sauces he'd added to his own bowl. Blushing she fanned her mouth a little after taking the first bite of the second one, the heat seeping to coat her mouth. But she swallowed and smiled brightly taking another bite. It was spicy, perhaps a bit much for the delicate female, but she found she liked the flavor a great deal. "Mmm" She ate the last of the mushroom and smiled at him. She shook her head, in answer to his question. "No need.. If you don't mind just making sure that no one stops us? We will not do anything dangerous, but it would ruin the performance" She added, aware of how it had sounded. "I think it might lift their spirits some"

Her eyes turned away as he explained what looking into her eyes was like, blushing she looked back to him, lashes lowered demurely. "You're far too kind. My eyes have never done anything of the sort however" This was the first time her eyes had shone with stars. Looking at her hands, she wondered why he would say such things, biting her lower lip she looked back up at him. He did seem rather transfixed. She'd heard of the blessing from the Goddess, but it hadn't been seen in her lifetime, or her mothers, her eyes rose to the moon. It could explain the rush of power she'd felt.. while it wasn't much, it was more than she expected to feel at her call with the tattoos around her wrists. "Do they really sparkle, Yamato?" her voice held awe, and her face turned back to him, her smile breathtaking.

Her smile softened. "No need, just enjoy the show?" It was all she required of him. Rising from her seat she placed her bowl on it carefully, arms rising above her head as she stretched. "I do" She admitted with a shy smile. She tilted her head in thought, her hair catching on the breeze as he laid upon the soft grass. "I tend to favor a treat made of sesame seeds and honey." It was the nutty flavor she favored, combined with the sweetness of the honey and the crunch. "It's hard and sticks in your teeth" This was admitted sheepishly. "But I do love it"

Her voice softened further. "It will take them time, I am sure you know this. They don't know what their future holds and their lives have been ripped from them" She hugged herself and gazed down at him. "But in time, they will come to hopefully come to trust. It's not our way to wallow.." She smiled softly. "Wait here, while I set things up?" Rhys left him laying in the grass, going to speak to her people. There was some grumbling, some anxious feelings but in the end she got several of them to agree to dance with her.

Chrysanthe and several other women stood in the clearing, other women near the edges gathered closer together. A young elfin girl, as Rhys' encouragement ran to Yamato, gently tugging him to his feet and closer to the performance. Voices started and as they began to sing and the others began to dance. Rhys did both. Their movements were graceful and placed in time with the music. As the song and dance went on, others left the 'stage' and Rhys was soon the last in the clearing. It was if the gods watched them, the winds swirling around her, making the dance ethereal and seductive as they welcomed the virgin moon back to the night sky. The song, while less seductive, matched her movements, joyous. As it came to an end, Rhys bowed, panting and cheers of her people went up around the little clearing.

As the makeshift festival was enjoyed by the various elves, Yamato had actually remained a quiet guest in reverence to the elven traditions. Admittedly, once Rhys began to dance he did the smartest thing in his mind and respectfully lower his head and sneak the occasional peek at her. The movement of her hips as they swayed so delightfully called the mans heart among other things. With the moon high above the sky, Yamato performed a final walk along the homes to save what he could and prepare for the trip ahead. They had a several day journey before them and they needed to be prepared.

The day before had been washed by the light of a fresh dawn. No matter what had happened before, this was their life now for better or for worse. Calanon had been busy with Yamato again early in the morning. The prince refused to use a weapon as the man dodged like the wind against his young adversary. Though once finished he stepped forward and began to speak in elvish towards the group. "Good morning everyone, well as good as it can be. We will begin our journey to Aleport and we will be going through several small towns along the way. We hopefully won't meet too many bandits or the like. But once we reach Aleport I hope you will do me the honor of living in my home there that I rarely use. It may not be much but I hope through there you can all find paths that can offer some happiness." A somber smile crept on the man's lips as they moved forward.

Each of the carriages were rather spacious all things considered, even if there were around 70 of them, there were enough carraiges to comfortably sit everyone. There were breads and fruits to eat on as they traveled along and the men who led the carriages along were quiet at least. Aki had remained quietly sat in the prince's carriage as the young man only looked off into the distance as the wide world opened before them.

Bird flew over the sky casually as the freshness of the air tickled their noses. Vast fields of green laid before them as the only sounds that were heard were the sound of the horse's hooves. The common people who worked the fields knew of the prince's caravan it seemed as the various people all waved to him. Though he may have smiled to them, there was another sound the tickled the air. It was some stringed instrument; while the prince's words were unintelligible to Rhys the one thing hat was plainly obvious was the emotion that filled his voice.

It was sadness.

As the carriage moved forward, he remained lost to his music. The others might not have heard the somber sounds but Rhys could've easily heard them. Aki remained rather quiet for moment as she seemed lost in the music. He was easily able to hold a melody and the normal deep calmness in his voice let loose a rich deepness that seemed as vast as the sea.

The festival had been small in comparison to what they might have normally done, the whole thing oddly somber. As her dance and song had ended the same small child she'd set to Yamato ran up to her and she lifted the little girl onto her hip. The two talked softly as she walked in circles, of what they spoke. It was mostly the idle chatter of a babe, but there was some fear in her that Rhys tried to soothe. Humming to her softly she rocked the small fosterling until she began to yawn. Handing her to her mother, Rhys had allowed the guards to lead her to where she'd sleep. Her dreams were confusing, slipping from one to the next without a break and when she woke in the morning she felt worse for wear.

Having little in the way for travel, Rhys had settled on a golden outfit. The leggings were soft with cutouts on each leg, clinging to her lower half like a second skin. One side were sharp lines with golden threads holding each side together over her pale skin. One the other leg it seemed almost like petals falling from her hip, large oval cuts that seemed to flutter down her slender leg. The skin beneath those was bare. At one hip was a fall of golden mesh, soft to the touch. Her top was much like her pants, clinging to her breasts and just below them, leaving the slender line of her stomach bare. The sleeves were a deeper gold. Golds and orange, she looked like a sunset; the colors playing off her paler skin beautifully. Her hair had been braided back from her face, golden threads woven into the plait, catching the light as she moved.

Shown to the carriage, Rhys curled inside. She'd been drifting off to the gentle rocking when she heard his voice and the thrum of his instrument. Her eyes had opened in surprise, but drifted closed as she listened to the sorrow in his voice. Oddly, the richness of his voice was soothing, even if it's tone was not and within minutes she was soundly asleep, even in her dreams, she heard his voice. Her dreams were of Yamato and his voice.

She woke some time later with a start, rubbing at her eyes as the carriage came to a stop. Blushing she looked around, what she'd missed last night in sleep, had come easily to his song. The door to the carriage opened and she stepped from it, arms rising above her head as she stretched, her breasts rising with the movement. She could see the others being allowed out of their transport, milling around, closely together. Turning her face to the sun, she bathed in it's warmth, sighing.

A cool and steady breeze paired with the gentle kiss from the sun made this stop all the more pleasant. Aki had been rather busy, the ruby haired vixen cooked up a stew of sorts in a pot. There was a rich and powerful fragrance that slipped along the air as various other elves had taken the time to stretch their legs. Rhy's eyes were able to see all of the ingredients of the stew from the short distance she was away. It was obviously meant to be hardy for the trip ahead.

The juxtaposition between the elder and the younger was certainly on display; the older elves who understood truly what happened to them still looked rather dismayed. The priestess saw the weariness on their faces as they tried their best to maintain their composure. Many tears were shed the night before, forgotten in the night. The youths who still held onto childish ideals believed most of this to be some sort of adventure from their books. Many of them had actually decided to play games where they were monster hunters and other heroic deeds. Except for Calanon; the fury that simmered beneath in his heart remained an ever present reminder of what had happened. Though there was something odd, he seemed to be in search of someone. It was there that it became obvious that someone was missed.

Where was the prince?

Though there was a sudden distraction that was placed in front of Rhy, a bowl of hearty stew and a crusty hunk of bread. The broth seemed almost life affirming as the warmth from the bowl could have escaped into the heart. "After you eat that, if you wish to bring the prince back from his bath he is by the river, it is down a little walk east. I would let his location be a little more known, but Calanon seems quite obsessed. The poor boy believes that he will defeat him with enough practice. But who knows, maybe you will get an eyeful." As it seemed to be her norm, Aki teased Rhys. Though there was certainly an air of playfulness in her tone. She had returned and offered all of the elven people bowls of the stew. There was something else that was obvious; Aki got a lot of attention from the men. Mostly due to the voluptuous body that oozed sensuality. Even some of the younger elven men were caught by her.

But now Rhy had a set of bowls and a direction to go. She only needed to go there.

She'd been content to sit in the sun with some of the children, while they played. Her eyes moved from the fledgling as they frolicked and played their games to their parents and other adults. They knew what was up, while the children were coping as children did. Her eyes found Calanon, and found he was searching. Chrysanthe knew for whom he searched, her own eyes sweeping over the assembled party. Those lavender eyes, once more lavender in truth, couldn't find hide or hair of Yamato. Wherever he was, she assumed he was safe; he was a capable warrior after all and easily able to take care of himself.

Blinking as Aki appeared before her, she smiled up at the woman. Taking the offered food she tilted her head, listening to Aki. A blush appeared in her cheeks, coloring her pale skin charmingly. "I... I am sure he can find his way back without me" Her eyes shifted at the mention of Calanon, though her blush deepened at Aki's last words. "Aki!" Her name was hissed. Looking at both bowls of hearty soup, she decided after a moment, she really didn't have much of a choice if Yamato wanted a hot meal. Sighing softly she watched the retreating form, knowing that this was at leas in some part planned.

It took her perhaps another moment or two for her to compose herself before rising to her feet and heading off into the woods. She was careful to wait to start off until Calanon was occupied with his mother's attention as she slipped into the tree line. It wouldn't take her long to find him and as Aki had said she found Yamato mid bath. She couldn't help it as she paused near the trunk of the tree. From where she was, she could only see the strong lines of his back and the dark fall of his long hair as it floated on the water's surface.

Even though it was all she could see, she felt her body's response. Yamato was a handsome man and it wasn't the first time she'd taken notice. Blushing she looked down at the bowls in her hands and cleared her throat as she stepped from the clearing. There was that brilliant crimson flush to her pale cheeks, set apart from the other paleness of her body and the soft silver of her hair. "Aki asked me to bring your meal" her voice was shy, the soft tone carrying only just over the distance to Yamato himself.

Eyes downcast, she steadfastly refused to look up from the bowls, not even as she heard the water move; especially then. She'd been moved by others before, well, one.. but he was now dead. Before her, within the cool water of the river, another. The difference was the former she could not be with, no matter how either desired it. She could be with Yamato. She was meant to be. A not insignificant part of her even longed to be. Yet, she held back. She didn't know him, that would come in time. It was his father's plans more than anything that held her at bay. She didn't know the details of them, that was true, but she could guess. His death, her death or simply being torn from him as she began to love him... Rhy didn't want to fall prey to any of them, or become a weak spot for him.

The true question was, with what she knew of the crown prince, how long could she hold out? When even now her resolve wavered.

Maybe it was her eyes that played tricks on her as her eyes focused more on the man in the lake. His thin hair easily grabbed onto soap and water as his rather broad shoulders spread his chest. Despite the heavy armor he wore there was true definition of his form. While elven forms might have been supple and sleek, Yamato was the zenith of human adaptability. Rows of powerful muscles protected his form as every deep breath allowed his back to spread open. The front side of his body covered in scars, a tale of the wars the man has fought. Dragonic claws, weapons, and more injuries that she knew. Yamato had been a man of war despite the quiet civility he showed off. The slender lines of his finely toned abdomen led the eyes to a place hidden beneath the lake. Though there was something else, the massive tattoo on his back.

It was certainly a beautiful piece of artwork; it was a dragon that covered his entire back. It coiled around his shoulders and the claws were rested on his shoulders. Every deep breath gave the illusion that the dragon itself was alive as the scales gleamed with light. It was a massive cerulean blue beast that was so long it seemed to reach the skies. The bottom of the dragon's tail tickled the seas below while the face of the beast reached the starry heavens. The silver and white undertones matched the clouds as the red eyes of the dragon almost seemed to stare at her. Deeper still within the tattoo there was something else; she felt the lingering presence of not only magic but the very essence of a dragon. Had Yamato defeated such a beast to get what he needed for that tattoo. A gentle look over also noticed the same presence from his blade. He turned with a smile to Rhys as he faced her proudly.

"Did you come to join me Rhys?" Yamato teased her as he offered her a smile, the change between the untouched dragon and the torn chest a jarring image. There were various other marks and tattoos across his body but there was nothing like that one. Not to mention the deep power within him. Even as his eyes looked at her fondly, his body was one bred and made for war. While he lacked the massive muscles of his father, his form could be deemed even more impressive as he managed to marry strength and agility into one perfect union. "Or are you feeling a little too bashful? I do have some extra soap and I am quite good at massaging away the aches of the world."

Dragons were covetous beings after all and Yamato was no different. He wished to simply charge Rhys and forsake the food and turn her into a mother in that instant. His gaze continued to explore every inch of her form as he crossed his arms and waited for her with a coy smile. There was nothing different here. He wanted her more than he could say, he wanted to claim all of her for himself, he would not admit it currently but that was his wish. To have her.

Who wouldn't have been memorized by the detailed tattoo along his back? It seemed almost alive as she watched him, the scales shimmering in the light. Rhys knew there was something there other than a trick of light and water. She could feel it, the power that had been trapped within his skin. She didn't know by which magic or even what kind, but she knew it to be magic nevertheless. She couldn't help but wonder what she might feel, to touch his bare back, feel that power thrum in his skin. Odd that she'd never felt it before, she'd been close to him several times. She remembered in her home, how her small body had molded against him as she had sobbed. It had been the closest she'd been to him and she hadn't felt it.

She'd blushed and shook her head, cheeks ablaze. She could hear the smile she refused to look at. That she longed to look at. She could feel his eyes on her body, raking along her skin along the curves of her body that were on blatant display. While the outfit had been practical, it left very little to the imagination. Shifting in place, Rhys drew her thighs together, as if the motion alone could stop that feeling that just the way he looked at her caused. "I will.. I will leave your soup here." It seemed she didn't trust herself or him to come closer. She moved to one of the rocks near where she stood and balanced his food on top. She had no answer to his question, her answer quite clear. She was far too bashful to join him.

Turning away, she sighed. Why was it so hard for her to accept what he so freely offered? She didn't leave him. Rhys wasn't even sure if she wanted. Instead she sat herself on a log and began to eat, back to him. It wouldn't take her long to finish her meal, every sound behind her, heard with her delicate elven ears. While she ate she wondered why she held back... She knew, but that resolve was tested even now. Rhys closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The sun playing along her face through the leaves of the trees above. You will not last another moonrise, my child. The voice was masculine, soft, warm and she knew who whispered her fate to her.

The God who illuminated the world took pity one her and told her she'd fall before the next time her people celebrated his wife's rise from darkness. Trembling she bit her lower lip. She didn't notice how hard until she gave a small gasp of pain, tasting blood. One of her delicate canines had pierced her flesh and the coppery taste of blood filled her mouth. Whimpering she lifted a hand to the wound, probing it gently.

The prince only offered a gentle chuckle to himself as he finished his bath and took the time to dry himself as he slipped on his clothing. At least the pants, he remained shirtless as he gathered up his bowl and walked over towards Rhys. Without the armor, the crown prince looked much bigger than before. Since his body and frame were no longer hidden, she had a better chance to see every chiseled contour of the man. He had the bowl as he took several steps over and took a moment to look down at Rhys as he saw her lip. He saw nothing around that could have caused it as he took his hand and sweetly wiped away the blood from her lips. She might not have noticed just how strong his hands were or how rough they were.

"I hope you are alright Rhys." He stated quite plainly as he began to eat the stew with a smile. Rhys might not have never noticed before but there was a gentle hum that came from Yamato. Not from his breathing but it was something else. "It is a shame you didn't join me Rhys. The chance to massage your form would have been one that I would have not only taken great pleasure in but one that would allow me to listen to the tender noises from your lips." Of course he wanted nothing more than to touch every inch of her, while the stew filled his belly there was only one thing that could have truly filled him where he would return for more.

And she sat next to him.

"It is funny that we have travelled a little and you still know even less about Rhys or even I you. So how about we have a little game before Calanon finds me and I am forced to have a fun time with him. So please ask any question you like and I will answer. No doubt there is much you wish to learn about me, or even where we are going. Or maybe you do wish for me to massage your shoulders and will allow me to do so." Of course Yamato teased Rhys once again but he couldn't help himself. He needed to do so in order to prevent himself from any pressured entry into her. Though he did wonder just how pristine were the fields below.

"I do have a question for you at least, maybe I will get us started with something simple in the end. Honestly, and I do understand that things are certainly difficult. Are you ok? I know you need to remain a pillar for those who remain but a pillar is no good when the foundation is weak. I just wish to make sure you are alright. Is there anything I can do for you to help you? And yes the massage can be asked for whenever you wish it. I see it more as a bonus to hear your soft gasps from my handiwork." She soon felt his hand tenderly press itself against her cheek as he looked to her longingly. Not only because he wished to have her, but because he cared for her wellbeing.

She looked up as he approached her, her face upturned to his own. Blushing as the roughness of his thumb brushed her petal soft lower lip, easily removing the stain of color. The blush that settled in her cheeks quite some time ago, seemed unwilling to dissipate. A shy smile was offered and she nodded. "I am." She'd not seen the front of him and there were a great many scars that marred his pale skin. She didn't find the marks anything other than a mark of the life he'd lead. Though, a small part of her wondered if there needed to be so many on her lord. Blinking, she looked away. He wasn't her anything. The lie even to herself sounded pathetic. She belonged to him, even if he didn't lay claim on her as such and she found being under his care was pleasant, if not a tiny bit uncomfortable. She wondered how he'd react if she asked him to be less handsome or kind... or to even not look at her like a man dying of thirst and she was his only water source.

Averting her eyes she cleared her throat. "I will bathe tomorrow" The excuse was paltry and they both knew it. Rhys shifted along the log and for a moment she was silent. She might have been a virgin, but she knew of the noises he spoke of and she had no answer to his tease. She wanted to know what his hands felt like, so she had no way to defend her action to not take him up on his offer.

The distraction he offered was met with a smile and she nodded once, in agreement. "Yamato" his name was a soft admonishment as he teased her yet again. Her voice caressing his name, lingering on it even with the reason for her to have said it. It was likely obvious her feelings, she was doing a poor job hiding them. Shifting on the log, she angled her body towards him, as he offered to start them off on the little game he'd proposed. His question was of her well being and her smile was soft as she closed her eyes... She'd give him an honest answer, therefore she took her time in accessing herself.

"I would say as a whole I am alright." Her eyes opened and she set the bowl on the ground. As she straightened she rubbed at her wrists, the marks that were tattooed into her pale skin. "The marks I think are what makes it the hardest." Her finger rose to trace one, studying it. "I am, as you said, the pillar for my people. It wasn't your doing" She looked at him, face soft "But this caused a strain. So much was taken in a day" Another thought came unbidden and she frowned, looking away. How honest did she wish to be with him? Sighing, the breath left her feeling hollow. He'd asked, she'd be honest... "I also find myself struggling with my own feelings." She couldn't look at him. "I have the same role, because you allow me to, for a small handful of people, for which I am grateful." Rhys laid a hand on his arm. "But I have a role here, now with you as well" She might as well mention the elephant in the room.

Yamato wasn't pushing her, he gave her the space she needed... But was she a traitor for having feelings for him? For now, it was sexual. She wasn't a fosterling, she wasn't in love with him... But Chrysanthe knew in time, she could easily fall for him, if she allowed it. She couldn't help her feelings and she didn't want to. Her eyes rose to meet his, searching his face, Rhys asked the question as his hand rose to cup her cheek, eyes closing for a moment as she nuzzled into his hand. Once more lavender eyes opened and she gazed at him. "Am I traitor? Or... will my people feel like I am?" Her eyes closed and she turned her face into his palm again, lips brushing against his palm, rough from the life of the sword. "For what I feel"

His blue eyes took a moment to gaze at her, at the weakness she displayed towards him. He was truthfully happy that she had begun to smile as her beauty only became all the more luminescent when she smiled. Her quandary was something that had brought some level of issue. He of course understood her plight. Who wouldn't be trapped within their emotions and their duty at this point? As his hand nuzzled her cheek gently, he tilted her head towards his as he kissed her lips tenderly. He remained pressed against her for a moment, the desperate longing to taste her had been sated as Yamato pressed himself onto her as if this would have been the only kiss he could ever have again. As their lips parted he turned her vision towards him.

"You have fought your whole life for them, no? You have been their rock and their pillar. But I ask you, who has been yours? Or has the strength of your people only been pressed upon your delicate shoulders Chrysanthe? Do you not think it's time for you to find your own happiness? Can it be traitorous? Possibly, for all I know there are some who see me as some savior who at least saved them and others see me as some weakling who could have only saved such a small handful of them. But I am not going to care about what could or could not be, only the actions I can control now. And what I can control now is this, I have before me a stunning priestess who I wish to show all of me too, who I want for myself more than anyone I have ever wanted and a group of people who I will consider guests. Maybe as they get to know me they will be more open to such a relationship, maybe they won't be. All I can guarantee is that I will do my best to show them that I am not my father and that I wish to help save as much as I can of them. It is why I want to take them to Aleport, they can all manage my mansion there, even if you will come with me back to the capital. You can at least know that they will not have to worry about my father there."

Yamato hoped that his answer was something she could have accepted as he turned towards her again. "And I guess I will join you tomorrow and no, as much I wish to have such a time with you. I can assure you that my purpose for joining is to care for your mind and soul. However, if you push then I might not be able to hold myself back anymore. But we have a tradition in my lands where people share their intimacy with the simple act of bathing. Free from the confines of their clothing, from their status, only their bodies to show that we are all mortal and in this struggle of life together. Those marks are rather barbaric, but only when I am king am I able to remove them. Unless you wish to get a tattoo like mine, blessed by a great beast." Truthfully, while Yamato had introduced this as a game for them to share of each other, he only hoped to indulge his fair elven priestess.

"Hopefully I helped you answer some questions and yes, if you wish to touch me feel free to explore me as you wish, even if you wish to explore the tattoo on my back. Maybe one day I can get you one, there is a lovely story about a certain animal. I already know how I would think of designing it for you. I think it would be rather beautiful once it is done. But it is your turn, what do you wish to ask of me?" Yamato's eyes, while they were more like a cool lake, raged for her. Maybe that single kiss was a bad idea as now all he wanted to do was kiss her again.

Whatever she had expected, it wasn't his lips against hers. Her world froze and for a moment, Rhys stiffened. Slowly though that tightness fled from her body. He'd feel it even within that kiss as her lips softened and Rhys even found a bit of courage to lean into him, the kiss and allow herself a moment of freedom. The worries of her people, of him, his father... everything melting into the background. When Yamato deepened this kiss, Rhys relented, her mouth opening at his instance. She'd kissed before, but.. never quite like this. In truth, she was near as virginal as they came, her experiences had been limited greatly in her lifetime. His tongue brushed against her and she gave a small gasp... Though Rhys was nothing if not a quick learner. Though far more timid, her tongue brushed against his.

Why Yamato's lips had brushed against hers at the very start, her eyes had closed and as he pulled away, her lashes slowly lifted. The blush in her cheeks was still there and she looked perhaps a bit bemused as she looked up at him. His new question had her vision clearing and she bit her lower lip. She'd had.. him. Silvyr had listened to her, though he'd had his own share of problems. They'd fallen in love at some point, but neither could act on their feelings. He was meant to marry someone else and she'd never been expected to settle with just one person. Even then, her desires had been dictated by her people, as had Silvyr's. She gave a small shake of her head. "There was only ever one and... it was never meant to be." There was sorrow there, but she looked to him, a smile settling on her lips, chasing that sorrow away. He made fair points, what would be.. would be.

It would be like fighting the tides, struggling against the inevitable to hold him at arm's length. Rhys wanted Yamato... and while a large part of that was carnal, there was more. The man who sat beside her, offering her comfort was kind. He had every option not to be, she'd seen his father, knew Aki... knew what he could have been. Her lashes lowered, but her smile grew as he spoke of his feelings for her. Much like her own, she found nothing wrong with them. At the moment, their desires both aligned and perhaps one day they would be more. Nodding, her lashes rose and her eyes captured his. "Thank you for that. I know you couldn't help everyone, but you are helping those you can." She tilted her head and smiled again. "And that's not just for me, it's for them." She wrinkled her nose almost playfully at him "Though, it does help me" her words playful.

Her mouth had opened when he invited himself to her bath, only to close it as he continued. She looked to her wrists once more before her eyes shifted to the water. They wouldn't leave without their prince, there was no doubt of that. She wasn't ready to tell him of the small gift she had received from the Goddess. She agreed however they were barbaric. She smiled softly and looked at him again. "Is that how you came to have your tattoo? Were you blessed by a dragon, my prince?" Her question was curious and she lifted one hand, brushing her fingers against the ink along the curve of his shoulder. She could feel the power that reverberated in the delicate lines.

Once more her eyes moved to the water and Rhys made a decision then and there. Rising from her seat she gently turned his face towards the forest and away from the lake. "Face this way, if you please" Her voice was whispered against the curve of his ear, lips brushing against the shell. Her slender frame close to his, her warmth easily felt. Then, it faded, as Rhys' walked away from him. She had no intention of provoking him, but if he would join her either way.. a bath now sounded lovely.

Each garment she wore, though there were only the two, were carefully removed and folded near where his own shirt had been left. Her back was to him as her fingers carefully unbraided her hair. If he chose to peak, he'd be able to see the smooth line of her back. The way her creamy skin dipped in ever so slightly before the fullness of her heart shaped rear. Her skin was moon pale and blemish free. Her legs, while not lanky, seemed to have been sculpted with grace in mind; her thighs were sensual, shapely as they led down to her calves. The curve of her breasts from behind had been hidden by the wealth of her silver hair, which misted around her slender form.

Slipping into the cool water of the river, Chrysanthe gasped, and shivered. Her body reacting to the cold water before it ever touched all of her. Her nipples hardened slightly as she sunk lower, the silver of her hair as it touched the water becoming molten. Looking over her shoulder, his name was called. "Yamato?" There was a question in his name, a request perhaps, for him to join her.

A deep breath escaped his lips as her question came but before he could have answered she moved again as his eyes were captivated by Rhys. Every single movement, every subtle twitch of her muscle, every delicate ripple of her flesh tantalized him. As she called to him, he slipped out of his clothing as he stepped towards the lake. He grabbed the soap he used as he slipped once again into the lake as his body now stood in front of hers. His eyes gravitated all along her form as he turned her around gently. His hands ran a course through her tender skin, as much as he wished to only pin her down, this was not that time. She felt the man's hands easily dance along her frame.

"Well my tattoo has a lot of significance in my culture, I should begin with that. I am known as The Ice Prince, all of our tattoos are earned by going on a hunt for a great beast. It can be a dragon, a wyvern or any sort of monster. We take their body and transform it into ink. That normally happens when a person wishes to move up in rank. For example..." As he explained the complications of his culture and their ways, his fingers carefully moved down her spine and shoulders as he lathered up her form. But as he ensured her, there was nothing overtly sexual even if the man stood mere inches from her. He cared for every inch of her skin as he only wished to clean her. "There are people who are born into a rather low ranking family with maybe some minor monster for parts for ink. What some try to do is fight a higher monster to move up in rank. There is one exception to that, that the royal family. Each one has to get their own monster for their own ink. It is how the family has culled their own children for generations."

His hands moved down her malleable form as his hands moved across her buttocks. "Now, my story is a little different. While I knew I needed a powerful assistant, there was only one that caught my attention. The Frozen God of the North: Tailzret, Champion Of The Blue. He was a dragon who lived in a cave forgotten to time..." Of course many have heard of the name Tailzret, he had created glaciers for fun, lorded over a vast amount of land and killed countless heroes. And yet Yamato had beat him? "It was interesting, we used to get into arguments, discussed the world and had all sorts of conversations. I never asked to kill him, but I asked him to be my strength. In his old age and wisdom he had offered himself to me. He was an elder dragon whose vision was lost. He had only defended his roost due to advantageous position. Now, his spirit and strength are with me and it is because of him I am able to be this hero to the world."

As his hands tenderly moved across her body he dipped her gently and soon began to wash her hair. He seemed to enjoy the time he spent here as a subtle huff was heard, but it was a different voice. She felt the presence of this great beast as it almost tried to reach out to her. His hands ran across her breasts as he continued to wash her carefully. No matter how much he was aroused the virtue of the cold water had kept him in line. "Normally the inks are held in the royal family vault but I do not trust my family. I keep it hidden in Aleport instead. Normally, since my family brutally murders the creature in question they do not have a connection like I do. Tailzret lives through me. But it is important that a royal family member has such things but that is a tale for another day. But if you meditate with me one day, he might show himself to you actually." His hands had worked to massage her hair and scalp carefully as his hands continued to casually surf through her skin.

"I guess a simple question... are you enjoying yourself with me right now?" While it seemed like a simple question, it was filled with possibilities as he turned her around and dumped water over her body to wash off the soap as his through cleaning moved though her arms. But he eventually left the soap in her hands. "I think I have taken quite a bit of liberties here, I do not wish to push my luck with other things that need a hand. Unless you trust me enough to do so. It would be quite the test of my willpower." His hands gently wrapped around her cheeks as he leaned towards her and offered her another kiss as they bathed in the lake; alone from the world in a place where only their emotions mattered.

Blush lingered in Rhys' cheeks as Yamato came to stand before her. He was the first to see her nude like this. Lashes lowered, she could feel as his eyes skimmed her form. Allowing him to turn her, she looked out at the peaceful scene before them. The view was beautiful, some ways down a waterfall frothed white as it tumbled off the rocks into several smaller pools which overflowed into the river. Across from where they stood was an ancient forest, Rhys could feel the power that slumbered within. It helped distract her from the butterflies that circled in her stomach as Yamato's hands ran along her skin. Shivering gently from the touch along her spine, she listened to his story.

Ice Prince? He was far from icy, though, Rhys reminded herself she didn't truly know the man who gently lathered her skin with soap. Her eyes closed and she bit her lower lip as he explained. They culled their own children? It was truly horrible, but part of their traditions. She considered for a moment what it might mean to bear Yamato children. Would they do the same? She'd never laid with a man, clearly never bore children, but her heart ached at the prospect. Turning just her head, Rhys looked at him over her shoulder. "If we had children..." Hell she wasn't even sure if she was meant to bear him children, or if they would have any sort of title. She wasn't royalty.. "Would they do the same?" There was a small touch of fear in her question that she couldn't hide. Fledglings were precious to her people.

A small gasp escaped her as Yamato's hands brushed over the curve of her rear. The touch wasn't sexual, he seemed to be careful, the touches while personal, were not sexual. Her heart softened as he didn't describe a battle, but a friendship. She'd like most had heard of Tailzret... The fact he'd not died a horrible death, but had offered his assistance of his own free will told her a great deal of the man who carefully washed her. Rhys moved with Yamato, as he washed her hair, making the task easier for him as she bent as he directed. Her hair now fully wet shimmered in the light like molten silver and Rhys had to bite back a sound of pleasure as his fingers kneaded her scalp. Once her long locks were clean she gave a soft sigh, echoing the huff she felt ruffle along her neck.

She blushed as his hands slid to her breasts. For a moment, she pictured Aki. She couldn't help but envy her form. She was not as blessed, her breasts smaller, a little less than a handful for Yamato. Her skin, he'd have noticed was soft all over, like the petals of the flower she'd been named for. He'd shared a secret with her, one that if she told another could perhaps land him in trouble. She'd never share it, of course, it was something the two of them shared.

Gasping as his hands returned to her hair, she let out a soft sound of pleasure. Turning she looked to him, a soft smile on her lips. One arm was lifted in his as he continued to wash her. "I am. I have never bathed with another" Her cheeks flushed, despite the chill that lingered around her. "No one else has ever seen me like this" Soap deposited in her hands, he used the freedom to cup her face and kiss her once more. She leaned into his kiss, one hand resting on his chest, just above his heart. Rhys was eager to respond to the kiss, but it was she who pulled back first. There had been an offer and blushing she couldn't help but wonder what it would feel like. Taking his hand, she placed the soap in his hand. "I trust you" her blush had deepened. Soon enough, he was likely to touch all of her and it would be far less innocent. "My turn, yes?" She gave a shy smile. "What it it you wish of me? Not in this moment, but in the long run. Your honest desires, Yamato."

Back
Top Bottom