Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A moonlit path paved with bone (Cylian997 & Digital Siren)

Cylian997

Digital Pimp
Supporter
"Victory!" Roared the king of the Divine Sun Dynasty, a man by the name of Shin Kikuchi. A massively broad man that had been stated to have the strength of a giant paired with a temperament more volatile than a bellowing volcano. The Divine Sun Dynasty ran for what seemed to be eons as their unique culture had touched all over the grand continent of Outborrow. Yet the only thing more insatiable than their quest for knowledge was their quest for supremacy. If Shin needed to murder countless more men and women to ensure the prosperity of the Dynasty it was of no consequence; the life of thousands meant nothing. Few other areas had been able to resist the sheer and unbridled power of the Dynasty. Shin now walked through a quaint forest as his army moved through and ransacked the elven kingdom before him as a smile, more toxic than any poison, wrapped itself around his lips.

"My lord." Spoke a young red headed woman who followed Shin along through the bloodied pathways of the elven stronghold. Shin paid little attention to the wails of agony that filled the air. While the woman seemed bothered by the sound of blood that squirted freely, and the king moved along callously. The rough and solid stomps from his feet quelled the fear in the heart of the woman, mostly due to the potential retribution that could have followed. "I have made sure to study on elvish for whatever peace talks may come. But if I know you my lord, and my body certainly does know, I say we have an execution. It is a shame about your policy my lord. No doubt that the elven royalty could be worth something." Shin offered a gravely chuckle to the woman.

"Aki, while your mind and skill for tongues had impressed me enough to earn your life, you know nothing of battle. While the elven people may have been defeated, they are not broken. They are proud and stubborn. We have been at war for nearly three years, name another kingdom that had managed to last more than one against the full force of the Dynasty? That is why we must crush their spirits beyond repair. That is why their royalty must die by my hand and why their next holy person must be broken." As they walked along, a lone elf had tried to charge towards Shin, but as Aki blinked the sharp sound of sliced air rang out in the air. The elf's head rolled off without so much as a care as they continued.

"And you think giving the eldest twin this would change his ways? You have too much faith in him? I think Sekki is the far better choice, even if his penchant for damage is certainly dangerous." Aki looked around as they walked towards the elvish palace. Hallowed grounds, untouched by human feet for eons had been contaminated by these brash usurpers. "Or are you hoping a taste of true power over a life could give him a taste for it? You are truly a devil my lord. But I do understand the sentiment. The only way we stay on top is if we ensure our supremacy and it just so happened that the elves were in our way. The royal family had been chained and tied. Before a voice could have been raised in protest, it was done.

Another long slice had severed the life away from the royal family, women and children in all. Shin continued to walk along until they reached the cages that were filled with horrified women. Some had been dragged away by the soldiers as the pair continued along. "And I guess you have another plan for a lot of these other women. Hmm... elven women are no doubt a rare treat, even in the Royal Capital of Sodeyama rarely sees their kind. So, you intend to sell them?" Shin shook his head as they continued towards a back office with gentle lighting.

"Not at all Aki, in order to ensure the loyalty of the lords of my realm, I am going to give them one. The coins lost for their flesh is easily paid tenfold that way. Men are wild and avaricious beings. Something as simple as a new toy could keep many of them happy. They will not find the true treasure of the kingdom." With a sudden snap, several of the men brought Shin the finest wines they could have found. He drank the liquid with relish as he gave a slow nod. "At least their alcohol is decent. But in order to tangle with other beings, the mithril is a required step and with it, we can continue our expansion. Now, find me the next highest ranked person and bring them here. It is about time that I talked with them." Aki bowed towards her king as she walked along the jail cells and began to look.

"So, the new lord of the lands wishes to know who the next highest ranked person since the royal family is has become worm food. Please, do not forget that your lives are in our hands, so cooperation is expected." Aki walked along as her footsteps echoed in the hall. What could have surprised any elf was the delicacy of how she spoke their language; it carried the melodious quality of a prized songbird. Her long red hair shone more brightly than the fires that offered light as her emerald eyes explored the darkness around it like some sort of omnipresent demon. A sinister smile crept upon her lip as she said something in a foreign tongue.

One of the soldier’s grabbed a small elven child as she cleared her throat. "I will ask again; my lord wishes to speak with the highest ranked person here. To parley some sort of deal. Now, you can some willingly and I can at least offer some level of safety for you all, or you can continue to irk me." An acrid stink filled the air as many elves could have easily noticed the stink, it was a poison and a lethal one at that. Her finger soon hovered over the child's mouth as she waited for a response.

War was not something that often that plagued the people of Thyslenar and when it did come to the sacred boarders, it never lingered.. Foes unable to break through the magic of the forest people.. Not that they ever made it past the great barrier. So when the Divine Sun Dynasty came calling, from foreign lands, they had not worried. The barrier had stood for longer than even their long lived race could recall. Nothing and no one were a threat. Perhaps it was this hubris that lead to their fall from grace... And lead to where they were now.

A year and a half had passed since the trees had rippled, the shattering of the barrier sending power inwards in a gale. Chrysanthe could remember what what she was doing when the waves of power had blown her moonlit hair back from her face, the heavy locks dancing on the currents of raw power. She'd been teaching the fosterlings how to summon orbs of light, her soft, husky voice mummering to the eldest of the bunch softly, who was struggling focusing their mind into the task. His eyes had been on the clouds, mind lost in a day dream. Rhys had fallen silent, her soft voice rising to a firm authoritative tone. "Lesson over little ones. No dawdling, straight home." She kept the panic she had been feeling from her voice, as to not scare the fosterlings. Since that day, the people of the forest had been embroiled in a turbulent war, fighting to keep the plague of humanity from overwhelming them. Another year and a half they had held off the invading swarm of men.. To the date of three years since the conflict had begun, they had faltered and fell.

Chrysanthe had watched as the humans had swarmed through the paths of their last stronghold, all others lost in the previous years... The outer cities had held off the longest, but once their outer defenses had fallen, it had taken less and less time for the hungry swarm to greedily gobble up land. There had been nothing that they could do.. The King and the Crown Prince had been shackled and those who were not killed outright had been herded into cages in a dizzying march of pain and fear. Rhys had been able to protect the fosterlings and their mothers... Willingly going with the armed soldiers. Even with no resistance, they were not treated with mercy. One woman ripped from her child to be forced over a stall that held fruit. Dahlia was a beautiful woman, her golden skin and black hair striking as the honey of her eyes.. Pulling her child to her skirts and herded on, Rhys had looked over her shoulder as Dahlia's skirts were hiked up, her screams ignored by the other men. While she wanted nothing more than to kill the man, she had the fosterlings to care for, even now. Her duty keeping her from lashing out.

Not even she had been spared rougher handling, though none had touched her.. It wasn't that she was not lovely. Her long hair that curled ever so gently was a bright white, like moonlight had been captured at her birth and spun into hair. Her skin was a shade darker than her hair, but just barely.. creamy and pale, the normally flawless shade, much like heir hair seemed to glow slightly when the light of the sun above touched it. Pale lavender eyes stared out from behind heavy lashes. High cheek bones, graceful arching brows, a slender patrician nose and full, kissable lips. Once the obvious beauty was taken it it left the graceful lines of her willowy form, breasts budding, a swell of hips, slender toned limbs. Rhys was the ideal of Elven beauty.

It was those lavender eyes that took in the ruby headed woman, a frown between her brows. She knew that the King and Prince were dead. She like everyone of her people had felt their deaths... Gasps and cries had risen up around her, her own heart fracturing. Rhys' eyes narrowed as the woman asked for the next person of power. She knew as High Priestess, that she was the one that was sought. Watching the woman she could see the cruelty in her face, watched as when she didn't answer a fosterling was grabbed, threatened. If they meant to kill her, she wouldn't let an innocent take her place.

Stepping forward in her cage she avoided the metal lined bars, feeling their acid touch pulse as she neared. Her head was held high, even as another cry of her people rose. Chrysanthe was young, powerful and beloved, much like their King and Prince had been. She made a soothing sound in her throat before her eyes met that of the woman's. "There is no need to harm the fosterling..." Her husky tone was soft but carried. Crossing her arms under her breasts, one slender arm covered in a white sleeve, the royal blue fabric stretched across her breasts tighter, the bodysuit she wore shifting, as did the skirts that seemed to come from just above her rear. Thigh highs, one blue, one white rode up her legs, the former held by golden chain. The delicate swirling gold on her side giving slightly as she tilted her head. The heavy fall of her hair swaying along her back, tendrils falling into her face.

She knew there would be parley, not in truth. She could read that easily from the woman, the men that milled around the cages like hungry dogs. Much like the first time, her husky lilting tones had been in their tongue.. Though accented with her own heavily. She could understand the language of men, a rare talent among her people. Her eyes were cool and far from friendly. "I am High Priestess Chrysanthe, Lady of the Meadows and Moonlight" Inclining her head some. "I would ask, as a sign of good faith.. That the men stop sniffing at the women?" it was clear she doubted even that much could be offered, the doubt dripping from each word, a subtle challenge. "I would like to know they are safe and it's not as if we could escape the poison of these barbaric cages.."

Her words held a cool authority she didn't feel. She'd never once been quite so bold. Rhys was known for her gentle quietness, her kindness. She could play the role needed, if just for a moment to ensure the safety of her people. She would give everything she was, down to her very life, if it meant keeping them safe.

Aki's deadly fingers slipped away as she issued a command in their foreign tongue. The young woman's voluptuous body screamed unfiltered and unfettered sensuality. Long hair that seemed to have been made from precious stones and a form fitting dress that accentuated her already busty form. Those sharp almond shaped eyes captured Chrysanthe's beauty for a moment. She walked over to the priestess with a sultry jiggle as she made a motion to open the cage to allow her out. While Chrysanthe felt the lust and aggravation from these men, they seemed to respect her honeyed words. She only offered the priestess a smile as she cleared her throat, those piercing eyes took hold of the priestess.

"Thank you for being honor-bound enough to step forward. My name is Aki and I am the royal translator for the Divine Sun Dynasty. We are your new lords and I hope to instill in you, just how dire the situation is. But, if you choose to follow along quietly and peacefully, then many at least some of your people might have a better path then those who resisted us." Not even the final circles of hell could have been colder than her speech. Chrysanthe could easily tell that, for however long this girl has lived, she had no regards for life. Almost as if they were all as inconsequential as a bug. Aki gave her new elvish friend a smile as she motioned for her to follow.

"I will have to admit, there had been no race that had held on against us for so long. Truly, elvish magic and their weaponry are without peer. And now, it will be that that will ensure our continued success." It might have been done on purpose by Aki but she truly seemed as if she wished to hurt Chrysanthe with her words. Toxic eyes seemed to savor the pain of those around her, Aki's smooth cheek bones and almost angelic beauty hid the demon that lived within her. The solider's soon came around and shackled Chrysanthe tightly as it felt as if the strength from her body was sapped away. There were ancient writings on such things...

"I hope you do mind the vampire cooled shackles comfortable." Aki mocked the elven priestess as she motioned for the guards to drag her along. "I do have to say that those few that we captured proved to be paramount in our success. It made all of our attempts to not only easy to pull off but actually possible. Your race is much more hardy than you are given credit for. Natural poisons almost didn't seem to work and other more toxic options were far too dangerous and expensive. But to use the natural entropy of vampires to disrupt the flow of mana in all of your spells and even in your lives? My lord. well our lord, is certainly intelligent. But I hope you are ready and yes, I will be translating both languages. See, our lord didn't wish to sully his mind with your fanciful language which is where I come in. But you should at least be happy that he was the one that came in. Lord Sekki, the younger of his twin boys, is a devil even by my standards and I have seen countless horrors occur in front of me."

The whimsy in her tone paired with the stoic coldness in her words proved to be an ill-conceived concoction. To hear such horrid words with the simple sweetness of her attitude certainly was difficult. Though they soon reached the end of the hall way as Chrysanthe finally faced the back of the man who conquered her home. He easily stood at nearly seven feet tall, a true mountain of muscle. Thick and heavy scars littered his burly form as the markings of his kingdom were etched onto him. Wild and flowing black hair reached down and rested gently against his lower back. The man turned to reveal a chiseled jaw, heartless eyes and a barrel chest. Aki quickly bowed to the man as she cleared her throat again. "This is the Lord of the Divine Sun Army, the 27th Emperor of the Divine Sun Dynasty, Shin Kikuchi." The man took a seat in front of her as his eyes glared down at her. Was his form even human with the thickness of his muscles?

Shin began to speak as she eventually turned to the priestess. "Please, take a seat and be mindful of what you wish to say and do, I will not be sugar coating anything you say for the Emperor. If he finds offense with what you say you will be on your own." Aki warned as she stood off to the side and waited for Chrysanthe to speak.

Chrysanthe met those eyes and felt a chill ran down her spine. Aki, it seemed was her name, was lovely to behold. There was no mistaking the evil that even her beauty could not contain. It seemed to seep from her, tainting even the air around her. Rhys held her tongue, she, nor her people were stupid. Just because they did not seek to overtake the world of man and rather live in the bosom of nature didn't make them less than. She was young for her race, but even she could recall as a wee fosterling, the talks of wiping out the humans who bread like vermin and took without any regard for the land or their own kind. It was the King, recently beheaded who had advocated for leaving the swarms alone. Rhys wondered how many times in the past few years he had wished to unmake that mistake.

Stepping from the cage she looked to the woman. The words she longed to say were kept under lock. Quibbling with this woman, who was the first of at least two, who held her and her people's lives in the balance would be foolish. So she didn't mockingly question the woman's ability to do simple calculations, for many was not some. Nor did she ask sarcastically if she was sure this situation was dire. Instead she kept her face peacefully blank. If Aki wished to get a reaction from the priestess she would be waiting some time, her eyes not even giving a flicker as she commented how their power would only add to their new masters. She wouldn't give her the satisfaction of getting a reaction from her.. She couldn't keep her people from showing fear.. evens he felt it's pull.

Hands lifted the cold touch of the shackles had her closing her eyes, as she felt the normal wealth of power that hummed just beneath her skin drain away. Slowly her eyes opened. She didn't comment to the comments about the shackles, or the fact that her kind were 'hardy'. Inwardly Rhys thought Aki seemed to like the sound of her own voice, as she babbled on about what they had tried, what had eventually worked. She was not impressed by ingenuity of her lord, for anyone could be cruel if they so desired, humans seeming more prone to it than other races. All of this passed over her and through her as she let it go. Letting the woman amuse herself endlessly with her words she shook her head once at the woman's back. She would not allow this snake to speak for her, or her kind.

Chrysanthe followed Aki's lead. There was no need to antagonize the man, thought it was clear from her movements, while Aki might have meant the sign of respect, she did so only to placate him. Her eyes meet Aki's "I do not need your services." The sweet, honeyed words were said flawlessly in the common tongue. Though a touch of her accent lingered, making the words husky. "I can speak for myself and my people." She gave Aki a beautiful smile, the sort that seemed to brighten her face like the breaking of the sun after a long, cold night. "Thank you however." Inclining her head to the mountain of a man she gracefully lowered herself to her knees. Her head bowed some she waited for him to speak.

Sitting before him, she rested her hands in her lap demurely. Shackled, her people broken and held in cages, though none of it seemed to show in her demeanor. Chrysanthe was a pale moonbeam before him. Her contance did not betray her feelings for the monsters in the room. She showed no fear, no anger.. She seemed peaceful or at the very least, accepting of her new position in life. What else could she show? If she acted how she truly wished, she'd be killed. Rhys did not fear death, however who would tend to her people?

As Chrysanthe finished her question, there was a low bellow from the massive man before her. Shin's presence was oppressive, it was palpable as he could have blocked the light from the sun with his frigid taciturnity. As the man spoke, it was that tongue from before but there was something in this man's voice that gave it a horrifyingly strange sound. The wild rumbles of the earth as it would split open and spew fire were more light than this person's tone. There was a rich, velvety huskiness that seeped from his tone as Aki offered the king several nods as they spoke in their own tongue again.

"Now my dear little priestess..." Aki returned to her elvish friend as she stared down at the priestess, much like how a cat stared down at a rather weak mouse. Aki's sadistic nature was on full display once again as she, rather gently, moved Chrysanthe's face side to side. "Our lord wished to take a moment to admire your unnatural grace and elegance. He has stated that your beauty might be able make many of our women jealous. Not that I could blame them..." Aki took a single finger and ran it across the elven priestess' jaw line. There was no slime more foul, no boil more fetid, no sensation more sinister than how Aki touched her face. There was some sick level of pleasure that came to this supposed translator as she continued to do her job. Shin's approval of her pristine puckered lips and the lewd nature of his glare made it obvious.

He at least found her to be beautiful. "So my dear little priestess, you are in luck. And I do mean you specifically. We will need to find a way to integrate your..." Aki soon stopped cold as Shin took a moment to stare deeply into Chrysanthe, the man truly hoped that this beauty would be the one to break his weak willed son and help him become the next heir to the Divine Sun Dynasty. He hoped that the boy would gain a taste for flesh; be it in the avaricious sense or in the primal sense. The king continued speak as it seemed that Aki was admonished for something, or maybe Shin didn't wish to waste his time "Our lord stats that your people will be broken apart and separated as I so desire. Those you have who are smiths or women of knowledge can prove some what useful. I owe many of my other minor lords a debt of gratitude and from there your people will be split. Say good bye to your home in every sense of the word. We intend to to leave nothing behind as the only culture that has any merit is ours."

Shin had left the pair behind as the man walked along and obviously didn't have regard for the new elven toys. Aki rubbed her hair as she gained some level of composure, the young woman was frozen solid by the weight of Shin's presence. Those sly eyes that spoke of wisdom quickly became shells of weakness, everything that Aki had done became a pointless task. She took in a deep breath with some level of relief as the screams of the remaining elven captures filled the air with dread. Chrysanthe was able to see across the nape of her neck, a scar, it seemed to be a long line of visible anguish that was visible for just a moment. Once she had regained her mental fortitude, she snapped her fingers as Chrysanthe was soon dragged off like some sort of animal.

"Well, at least we are keeping you. Your life might not be so bad, those young ones better be ready to work the mines and those beautiful ones will be sold off. I am afraid every house will be after all of you. Much like some sort of cute pet." Aki was obviously unable to respond to Shin, but she was able to vomit venom onto Chrysanthe. She soon took a moment to sit down in front of her. "I can say this much, better Yamato than Sekki, your unmarred beauty would only last about three days with him..." Aki finished up with a gentle pat of her cheek, a morose moment of momentary misery.

Soon enough, those soldiers came and dragged Rhys forward.

Chrysanthe frowned softly. Had she expected something more? This man and his throng of unwashed men had invaded the lands like rats. Why would he have deigned to speak to her? She didn't speak and the frown smoothed away. It felt like she had no course of actions. Showing anger, fear... any emotion seemed unwise. The peaceful mask she wore did not betray the turbulent emotions she felt rioting within her. The shackles on her wrists sapped her powers, robbing of her the comfort of the earth. She couldn't let her powers slip from her like snaking roots to ground her fear, terror and help soothe her. Her eyes rested on a spot to the side of his shoulder.

Her eyes didn't move from that spot, even as her chin was turned this way and that. She was being looked over like a prized horse. The touch of Aki's fingers along her jaw made her skin crawl. She'd never known anyone in her lifetime to make her feel like Aki did, she could only imagine what it would be like to have the monster before her lay hands on her. The idea chilled the very marrow of her bones. Speaking of the devil, she felt his eyes on hers and she slowly dragged her own eyes to meet his. The look on his face hand't shifted. She was in luck? She wondered how, as Shin spoke to Aki, disrupting the sentence. As Aki spoke she could feel her heart sink, the sensation was sicking. Again her mind whispered, what had she expected. They knew what had been on their doorstep, the swarm of locust consuming all in it's path, leaving nothing behind.

She didn't know if this could be kept from her face.. The sadness at losing so much history, culture. Though neither of them picked up on it, she could only hope as she watched the woman seem to piece herself back together as Shin left them. Even as she sat before her, she was met with eyes that didn't understand. The first part clear enough, the plans for her people. The latter part however was not. She assumed that was meant as she'd be kept. A gift? Was that to be her fate?

Dragged off, Rhys had no choice but to follow. Her eyes closed as she was pulled along the path. This wouldn't break her and surely not her people. She could see others as they moved. Women and children. Most of the men elsewhere? Or dead.. the thought came unbidden to her mind. Again that ache in her chest was strong. The women and children looked battered and bruised.. Tears and dirt staining their cheeks. What would come next was anyone's guess.

Aki had almost felt bad, almost. But her lands had suffered under similar conditions. Of course, no one knew of the world she came from. Her home had been dead for decades at this point, thanks to Shin's great grandfather. But Aki was forced to work within this world in order to survive. She walked next to Rhys as she looked down to her and she again spoke in elvish to her. "Again, you are quite lucky to be sent to the nicer of the two brothers. Sekki is a demon in human flesh and... speak of the devil. I am surprised that he showed up here, I heard he was somewhere else right now... that man that is charging towards Shin is the one who will become your new owner, Yamato."

The man was tall with a luxurious patch of black hair paired with the most pristine blue eyes. His elegant cheek bones smoothed our as he stood towards the grand usurper and began to argue with him in their language. Aki sighed as she decided to translate for Rhys. "Father, why did you bother these people? Has your greed taken over your mind? Son, you do not understand the difficulty of maintaining ones power in this world. Your mind has been polluted by the outside world. Father, what could you possibly know about anything when the farthest you have ever gone is to take over some other land. Regardless son, the high priestess is yours, enjoy her as you will. Your brother will remain here as general. If you leave him here father he will leave nothing behind! If you intend to do that... then you intend to murder them all? If so then you can send whoever remains to me. I will care for them and I will stay here, do not bother sending Sekki. It is almost funny how different those twins are... almost as if all the good went into one and all the evil went into another. Lucky you, you got the good one." Aki chuckled rather lowly, even if she were actually jealous of Chrysanthe, she always found Yamato's good heart to be an infectious disease that she wished to catch. Regardless, Shin soon left as Yamato walked over to Rhys as he smiled to her.

His eyes spoke of a boundless kindness that Rhy had not seen from the other humans. His creamy skin almost seemed more like a treasure than the flesh of a person. Yamato was a tall man as he stood nearly a head or two over Rhys. He actually offered her a bow as he looked down at her and explored the exotic beauty that was Chrysanthe. He didn't wish for her to know outright that he wished to dive into her, but he did. Those eyes beckoned him as he turned to her with a smile, the current attire she wore accented her form beautifully. As he spoke in several other tongues as well...

"I apologize for... everything. I am Kikuchi Yamato, the next heir of the kingdom. How about we sit down and have a chat. I cannot imagine what you and your people have gone through." His elvish was a little off due to the accent but it was obviously something he had practiced before. With a soft motion, he laid his hand on her lower back and ushered her towards one of the nicer tents. He gave some commands to the men there as he set up a chair for her as he took a seat. "Please, tell me your name, what your role here was." Chrysanthe easily could have heard the sadness in his voice, but was it honest?

Chrysanthe looked to Aki, frowning slightly. For a brief moment, she felt sorry for the woman. A small part of her wanted to rest one hand on her arm, though Rhys doubted the woman would welcome her sympathy. Pale eyes took in the sight of the man Aki mentioned, rushing towards Shin. Frowning yet again she watched the heated discussion and she cocked her head towards Aki as she translated. The words didn't make sense for the sample of people she'd met thus far... She watched her "owner" cross the distance between the two of them. The smile he gave her, while it seemed sincere was not trusted.

At a loss, she stood there as he bowed before her. This seemed like some sort of cruel trick, and it was one she wasn't going to fall for. Unsure how to answer the bow she settled for inclining her head slightly at him. Whatever he expected of her, she'd learn soon enough. As he spoke, his voice accented, but easy to understand. It seemed the son did not share the father's predilection for not learning their language. It wasn't like she could deny him, though she did flinch as he touched her. The touch was no inappropriate, harmful or anything else. She simply did not wish to be touched by his kind, which under the circumstances, was likely understandable. Allowing him to lead her towards a tent, the feeling of his hand still lingering on her back and for a moment she was unsure if it was still guiding her or if she was just imagining it.

Taking a seat she shifted slightly, the manacles resting on her thighs. The touch of the cooled metal against her bare thighs made her sway against the chair's back. Chrysanthe let the silence stretch between them before she spoke. The dulcet tone of her normally husky voice was weary now, the day slowly taking it's toll.. The sun had just risen to it's apex in the sky a few hours ago, night some time away. "My name is Chrysanthe" She shifted slightly, the chains between her writs slithering against one another. "I was the High Priestess of my people." She didn't speak as if she was still was, even if she knew her people no matter who they were would still see her in that light. She still saw herself that way. But she doubted Shin would allow her to retain that title as she'd been relegated to what was likely nothing more than a bed warmer for the prince before her.

Rhys felt wary down to her very bones. The stress of the day thus far, mingled with the drain on her powers. Just this morning, she'd felt the wind as it sang it's song to her.. the earth as her bare feet had gripped the sun warmed grass and soil.. Felt the calming pull of the water and the soul of her people had felt agitated. Even knowing that morning what the outcome would be later, she'd helped soothe those near her. Singing, gentle touches, anything to help them embrace the coming changes. Her eyes lifted to meet his, the soft lavender eyes even lighter now, under the stress. She offered nothing else to elaborate on his questions... Just sat upon the chair he'd offered and gazed into his eyes.

Though as she did, she couldn't help but notice how handsome he was. Aki was beautiful, but her soul was tainted. Was the man before her much the same? Just better at hiding his true nature? She honestly expected nothing less based on the day and people she'd met thus far. She'd just have to wait for him to show his true colors.. They in time would undoubtedly show. No one could hide such a thing indefinitely.

Yamato was a bit of a loss, mostly because he was still upset over this entire situation. This had always seemed to happen whenever he was out on a mission or some other adventure. He seemed to be the only voice of reason within the family. It was an odd thing really to be such a polar opposite to not only one's younger brother but to even the family. Yamato's eyes were still trapped on the sensual curves of Rhys. He really needed to stop staring, any blush would be plainly visible with how he looked. Yamato turned over to Aki as they seemed to chat for a quick moment as she soon disappeared.

"This is a terrible way to do a meeting. And are you saying that your priesthood has suddenly ended? I can only do so much for you for now. What I can do is provide some of the comforts to ensure that, despite what has happened that your people will be somewhat content. Those that remain will need you Chrysanthe. Not to sound too terrible but this gives me a chance to practice Elvish at least. Which is always a good thing in my life. But I guess I should introduce myself a bit more formally. It might help you to know who I am." Yamato took a moment and poured water for the both of them. With a drink that refreshed his throat he looked back to her, he was unable to take his eyes off of the exotic beauty that was Chrysanthe, his cheeks grew rosy as this went on which only made his eyes look all the more bright.

"I am Kikuchi Yamato, 27th heir to the Divine Sun Dynasty, Adamantite Hero of the Frozen Blade and hopefully someone you can grow to tolerate. I am actually one of the major heroes for the capital of Aleport. Have you been? It is a wondrous city, once we get a move on we can make a detour there. If you have only spent your time hidden away here then it is only customary I think to show you the world itself. Especially if you are going to follow me. I after all travel all over the continent to handle issues with monsters, bandits and the like. Not that my family seems to like it. Not that what they say matters to me."

Within moments Aki had returned with several dishes of food, all of them excitingly fragrant and vivid in their presentation. Countless smells of spices, heat intensities and sweetness tickled the air. They were soon left alone as Yamato offered her a fork and a bowl of rice. "I can imagine how odd most of this food looks, but I can assure you it is all quite good. I do not know your diet so I did ask to bring a little bit of everything. From pork, to chicken, to only vegetables. Though I do have to warn you, some of them might be very spicy." Yamato had an odd pair of sticks as he picked up several pieces of meat and vegetables and poured them onto his plate and began to savor his food.

"Please eat, you are unable to help anyone if you are not going to care for yourself." He offered her a smile as he resumed to eat. "Oh, this one is really good! I honestly missed this!" There was a youthful excitement as Yamato spoke about food, the piece of meat he currently ate from seemed to be covered in some sort of breading that gave the food an audible crunch. A black sauce was poured over his food as he ate with relish. "Or am I going to have to feed you myself? I don't mind." He took his sticks and made a bite for Chrysanthe to enjoy; there was some of that breaded meat that dripped with delicious juices, on top of that was a mix of some sort of green salad made from cabbage that smelled a little bit like the ocean. To call the smell both appetizing and unctuous would be a lie, there was something about how this all combined together that added layers to the bright sensations of smell. The meat that was hidden away from the crunchy exterior was filled with savory juices that dripped into the rice that was below them.

It seemed that he intended to feed him herself if need be.

The man before her was odd; that was the first thought that crossed her mind. He was the crown prince to the kingdom that had conquered her people and lands, yet he didn't present as his father had, how Aki did. It also seemed his younger brother took after their father; Aki the beautiful and repulsive woman that she was seemed afraid and enamored with youngest and eldest in order alike. His countenance was handsome, the compliment within her mind offered begrudgingly. Her eyes slipped to the other beautiful creature within the room, she didn't hid or try to hide the cruelty and evil that lay within however. Pale lavender eyes swept once more to Yamato, a small frown on her features at the way he was looking at her. No, he was no different.

Alone for a moment as Aki left the tent, Rhys looked back towards her new owner obediently. Within her mind she held a separate conversation with him than the one she held in voice. Terrible is a bit of an understatement, don't you think? "Indeed M'lord" Well who would I tend to now? My culture is not worth your kingdom's time. "I cannot see how I would be allowed to tend to my people any longer" Her tone was soft and it pained her to think of her fosterlings, their families that would have normally looked to her for council. Chrysanthe was the soul of her people and their faith. What comforts will you offer them? Tearing them for their world, their forest and their gods? Inclining her head slightly was her only answer. How many will remain? How many will be driven mad or broken beyond saving? Looking to the water and then him she waited. With her wrists bound she could drink, but it would be difficult. "Thank you" Listening to him introduce himself she offered the same motion of her head, the gentle tilt as she inclined her head. "M'lord" She didn't answer his question right away but once he'd finished she shook her head some. "I have never left my home.." Her mask slipped some and there was for a moment real pain in her face at the thought of leaving.

It vanished however as Aki reentered the tent, food laden upon them. Despite her wishes, her stomach gave a small growl. Rhys had not eaten yet that day and her body refused to stay silent on the matter. The food did smell and look good and she shifted upon her seat. Hell it could have been poisoned and she wanted to try it. While the glass of water would have been difficult the task of eating the food placed before her would have been nigh impossible. Watching him eat, Chrysanthe tried to control her stomach as it gave another soft plea for her to eat. Aromas rose on curling steam toward her nose and she closed her eyes for a moment, only opening when Yamato said he'd feed her. Shaking her head some she blushed, the delicate color filling her cheeks. The bite of food was held before her lips and for a moment, the man across from her seemed less like a monster, but she couldn't have said why. Perhaps it was the almost endearing why he waited for her to try the offered morsel. Still blushing, she leaned forward, part of her eager to taste the food, another waiting for him to pull it back with a cruel smirk.

Lips closed around the bite and she leaned back, chewing. She couldn't have identified the flavors if she had tried; though she could pick up on the savory brown sauce that seemed almost salty, the crunchy outer layer of breading was light, the meat within juicy. The green salty smelling cabbage was crisp and refreshing in a way she hadn't expected. While Chrysanthe had eaten her eyes had closed and her mask had slipped once more. Her enjoyment of the food showed clearly upon her face. Slowly swallowing the bite she blushed, eyes opening once more. I can feed myself, I am not a pet. She couldn't help but feel embarrassed and she lifted her wrists, the heavy chain clanking together. "It was delicious, thank you... but I could feed myself if these were removed, M'lord"

It was certainly quite the explosion of flavor. Succulent pork burst with flavor with every bite, the fresh cabbage brought with it a fresh bite with the acidic kick of lemon and whatever that black sauce was brought with it a richness in flavor that seemed almost unfathomable. That flavor brought forward by the crispy pork was heightened only by the rice, which might have seemed to be a rather lost and plain item, it ended up absorbing all of the different flavors and brought a tender balance to the bite as a whole. He was actually, and visibly, happy that she seemed to enjoy the bite of food as he made himself another bite as he shamelessly brought those sticks to his own lips. The man seemed to either have little shame or a distinct attraction to elven women.

Yamato only smiled as Rhys took the food begrudgingly, he expected some push back from her all things considered. But he didn't wish to intrude in her space too much. Though there was something that needed to change and quickly. "First, please do not call me lord or anything like that. Have I earned such a title or respect from you Chrysanthe? You can call me by my name and that is more than enough. But when it comes to feeding yourself, would it be wrong of me to say that I enjoy seeing you blush as I feed you?" His lips curved into a smile as he had himself another bite. But he did decide to set down his bowl. He walked over to the silver haired priestess as he took her hands into his and examined the chains. His eyes seemed rather focused on the shackles as he heaved a sigh.

"While I will be able to remove the shackles, it is far too late in regards to one aspect about them. My people are quite good at using runes to imbue magical powers into items. Those shackles are now stuck to you. It won't be as bad so hold on." Yamato took a moment and stepped outside as he barked orders around at several of the other men. Despite his rather relaxed attitude with her, Yamato was still fierce when he needed to be. He eventually returned and walked over to his fanciful elven partner as he removed the shackles. Though the massive weight and the foul oppression had been removed, there was still something that lingered. Almost as if she could never leave that behind. Her wrists were tattooed by the vampire blood, Shin had essentially weakened all of her people...

Yamato tossed the shackles away as he offered her a bowl of rice as he resumed his eating. "But if anything that only means I get to try and keep you safe as we travel, that only makes this all the more interesting for me." The prince continued to enjoy the food before him, it seemed that his hunger captured his attention for a bit. "I am in no position to try and save all of your people. But what I can say is that most of them will be under my part of the kingdom. If you all wish to keep your religion, I will not force you all to change. I have never been one to force much on people. And that means that this will be an interesting adventure. You have so much to see beyond the hallowed trees of your home. You will see." A winning smile was soon stuffed with food once again as he kept his mouth busy with the various tastes of everything before him.

The flavors within her mouth, which had been delectable turned to ash as did Chrysanthe's complexion. Everything that Yamato had said moments before about not earning the title of 'M'Lord' and his desire to find her himself lost in the now tumultuous sea of her mind. Trembling finely her eyes met his and for the first time, he'd be able to see real emotion from the Elven female. Horror and fear on her delicate features, her lips parted; the lavender of her eyes misting over till they became like chips of living silver, tears marring her vision.

She'd been left alone within the tent for only a few moments, while Yamato left. Looking down at them, her mind reeled. What have they done... Rhys was easily the most magical being of her race... with her long life she could have mastered all of the elements. It wasn't uncommon for her to sit alone within a grove and slowly allow her mind expand, till she could see each and very living thing within; water through the roots of plants, earthworms burrowing, birds within the sky, a rabbit huddled within it's burrow... To be one with the earth itself. It brought comfort and a sense of center and it allowed her to help guide her people. She couldn't feel the pull of the earth at all with them on, they had robbed her of more than just her freedoms, they had robbed her of her connection to her gods. That had been her whole reason to be; to guide her people, be their spiritual center. Her mind slipped back to the woman as they'd been herded into cages, being raped. Shin had not just taken one thing from her people, like that woman he'd violated them in a way that they might never recover from. Brutal and effective to break the spirits of a proud people.

When Yamato entered she averted her face from him, her hair used as a shield as the frantically tried to school her face. Numbly she accepted the bowl and rested it within her lap. Chrysanthe tried to allow her mind to touch the earth beneath the tent, to feel the power of it and nothing answered her. Shaking her head some she shifted within her seat. Most of her people would be fine with the restraints and the limitations. They were a magical race, but there was more to them than that alone. She knew there would still be more who would kill themselves, the loss of that solace to their gods too much to bear. Her face lifted as he mentioned their religion, her face still unable to maintain that blank mask, anger along her fine features. "I am not sure there is much hope of that..." The voice from the delicate female trembling with sorrow and rage. How can we have religion, when we cannot commune with our gods? Her mind was bitter and she carefully placed the bowl of race on the table.

"I am no longer hungry" The day was snot even close to over and Chrysanthe couldn't help but with for the oblivion of sleep or death. The latter though was dismissed, if she was to allow herself to die or to seek it at Yamato's hands or someone else's, she'd leave her people alone. Her duty to them alone made her up her mind. Her eyes found Yamato's face. Perhaps he was not a monster, but the forced cheerfulness and talk of her life to come, his eagerness to show her the world held no appeal. Her face turned away from him, a coldness settling in her stomach as what she had thought to be a temporary loss settled into something more permanent.

Yamato's eyes focused on Rhys for a moment as the sadness of her situation had gripped his heart, while he could not fully empathize with her he had certainly felt sorrow for her. The man set down his bowl as he walked over and soon stood over the elven priestess. Yamato knelt down in front of her as his eyes focused on her, there was a cool yet inviting tenderness that poured from him. The man sighed as he extended his hand and gently ran his fingers across her cheek. She could have felt a few things from this soft touch as he invaded her space in a rather tender way.

"I could offer you platitudes but that would no doubt mean nothing. I could offer you lies and feed some falsehood in your head but that accomplishes nothing. I could offer you brutality and, while that would make my father happy, I could never do it. The one thing I can truly offer you that can at least keep you alive is a substitute. Will it be a good one? The only person who can determine that is you. I wish I could do more for you, but I can't best my father with a sword. It is why I travel the world. Besides it being a bit of a promise I need to keep with someone. But that is besides the point currently. Of course, I could never expect you to follow me joyfully after what has happened. But, do not close yourself to the world you have never truly seen. You might be surprised with what may appear... if you do not wish for the few people you have left to not fall to despair then you need to be strong. I never thought of asking you to be strong for myself, but if your people see you broken then, and only then, are your people dead."

Yamato turned his face to the side as he place his hand on her chin as he lifted her face so that they would see eye to eye. She could've seen the earnestness in his eyes, in all truth Yamato hated his home. He hated their callousness, their heartless expansion and their seemingly unrivaled lust for blood. But he eventually pulled away from her as he chose to take a moment and walked away. Yamato himself needed a bit of air as he walked outside of the tent. It seemed as if this entire situation hit a sore spot as Aki eventually returned and looked down to Rhys. The girl heaved a sigh as she began to clean up what little was eaten. Those emerald eyes that could have pierced through armor eventually turned to Rhys as the young woman eventually lifted her sleeve and revealed that she too, had a similar mark.

"This is not some show of solidarity mind you. Simply a truth that we share. But it is no doubt that Yamato is correct in his thoughts. I hope you don't waste his kindness on something frivolous like some dream or wish for things to be the same. Consider yourself lucky, Sekki would have raped you into submission. You also have a chance to go with one of the world's premium Platinum Hunters. Or do you not even know what that is. Well, I have some time to spare and the least I can do is distract you. So ask your little questions and I will answer them as best I can." Aki's tone was obviously different than how it was when she was with Shin. For lack of a better term, she was hesitantly open to Rhy. Maybe deep down, despite her words, Aki felt some type of connection to Rhys. Especially as her ruby red hair moved off to the side, her ears were a little different. Not quite fully pointed like an elf's ear but not quite fully round like a human. Was she some sort of half breed?

"Well?" Aki decided to take herself a bite to eat as, she would never get this opportunity again. "This is far superior to the gruel I normally get. You might as well learn to enjoy these flavors once we reach the capital."

The look in Yamato's eyes as he knelt before her just added to the torrent of emotions. The voice that rumbled from him seemed sincere and even the gentle touch to her cheek. A small part of her hated the logic in his words and how easily she wanted to trust him, even if she wasn't sure she could. A part of her said that Yamato was no better than his father, than Aki... He'd been talking with an odd detachment; as if he was removed from the plight of those around him and the suffering. Maybe though, it was more he wanted to try and bring her peace when there was little to be had.

Adsorbed in her own mind, her musings about the prince before her and his words she said nothing. His hand found her chin, forcing her, albeit gently to look at him. She could see his remorse in his earnest eyes and he could see the tears in her own. Her lavender eyes glassy as the first tear slipped from the prison of her lashes and down her cheek slowly, the bead of salty liquid brushing his fingers. Neither spoke and after some time he rose, leaving her alone and with her thoughts. Brushing at her eyes with he hands, Chrysanthe closed her eyes and took a shaking breath. Trick or not, he was right. If she didn't want to live for herself, her people needed her. She'd known it, but Yamato drove the point home.

She felt rather than saw someone return and found herself looking up at Aki. Frowning softly Rhys lowered her eyes. She had no wish to speak with the woman at her limit for cruelty. It seemed the gods had other plans. She looked up as Aki brandished her own mark, her eyes moving from her arm towards her ears. Not quite like her own slender arching ears, they were similar.

Chrysanthe shook her head some, the heavy fall of silvery white hair swaying with the motion. "I had no such dreams. Even if by some strange miracle tomorrow the entirety of your armies left us in peace, nothing would be the same. And, I highly doubt that would happen, so it hadn't even crossed my mind." The change in the woman was noticeable and Rhys frowned again. She didn't trust her, but there was no harm in asking the questions offered. "No.. I don't." Her life had been sheltered and even she knew that. "Platinum hunter?"

Unable to help herself she chuckled and offered the food, which had been given to her by Yamato to Aki. "Please, help yourself." It was a small gesture of friendship. "It wasn't that it wasn't delicious..." She sighed softly. "I just am not hungry." Looking up at Aki she bit her lower lip. "Is he honestly as he seems or is he more like yourself?"

Aki looked over towards Chrysanthe as she couldn't help herself but giggle. While her laugh still contained the vile, corrupt and fetid nature of a witch; she at least relaxed. Aki filled her plate with food as she looked over to the priestess. "Then you are in for quite the treat then. And yes, a platinum hunter. I must be speaking some sort of foreign tongue, or just maybe you are about as innocent as a new born babe. And to think, you were most likely born when my people were eradicated off the face of the continent. This must also be some sort of hilarious joke, and when it comes to the hum of magic slowly disappearing like the sweet sounds of a dead baby, you eventually get used to it. The remnants of my people are more akin to a corpse than an actual people." Aki turned over as she decided to clear her throat for a moment and looked around the room. She eventually cleared out the table and set down a rather large parchment; once opened it revealed a rather massive map.

"So since you are as naive as a new born babe, allow me to teach you a thing or two. This continent is ruled by three primary forces; The Divine Sun Army." Aki's finger moved over to the far eastern part of the map an their controlled land continued to encroach on the rest of the land even if there seemed to be a rather powerful line in the middle that prevented their movement. "There were many other kingdoms here but no one remembers them. Well, except me, it is my duty to remember such things. And to learn languages. But towards the center lies what us known as The Infinite Magiocracy of Adagas." Aki's finger slid up the middle as it seemed that this kingdom had cut the country in half. She sat up as she looked over to Rhys for a moment and gave a slow nod, the woman kept an eye on the priestesses' delicate features.

"You will be quite popular there, Adagas is a kingdom of vast wealth and means, all funded by their magical study. There are several schools available, none as famous as The Clandestine Academy for Diligent Erudites. It is all held up by one of the mages of that magiocracy, who also happens to be the half breed elven son of the king. To make sure all of the races feel represented the king decided to half a half breed child with over twenty concubines. He is quite the sure shot. Just about everything in terms of magic can be found there. I am sure even you could feel it when you go there. I do feel something and I never understood magic. But, it is this city that carries The Guild of Wayward Heroes. Lord Yamato is a member of it as a Platinum hero. There are only fifteen of them and Yamato is number 7. He is quite popular over there too. He is most well known for his swordplay, yet he cannot beat his father. What a shame." Aki offered a slow nod as her hand moved along to the final piece of the map.

"This is known as the The Three Hero Republic. There are three kingdoms that joined together to become one united force, again in response to our expansion. Human's are one kingdom, dwarves are another and gnomes are the other. They work together to use ingenuity to win the day. They trade a lot with Adagas while we keep to ourselves and remain self reliant. But we will be making a stop in Adagas, Lord Yamato has business to handle. And to answer your last question, he is nothing like me. Nothing like anyone from back home." There was a distinct and cold sadness that escaped Aki's voice as she spoke of home. Almost as if it was some sort of foul torture ground. Her eyes hid away the unfathomable darkness of the void as, for a brief moment, Aki actually showed her own broken heart. Solitude had truly been her best friend, it was no wonder why maybe Aki chose to talk to Rhys. "He is about as sweet and wholesome as a sweet cheese. Unlike I where I was forced to learn to become a heartless wench, it seems that the soul of his mother touched him deeply." Aki's tone, again, held within it a palpable moroseness that could have had its acrid taste sensed. She seemed no larger than some flightless baby bird, unable to even chirp for their mother. "He tries his best to undo the evils of his home by himself, it is a fool's errand but... I cannot help but admire him for his steadfast nature. He changes for nothing or no one and his brother Sekki is his greatest adversary. Not to mention Sekki is Shin's favorite. Assassin's have been a regular part of his life for the last few years..."

Listening to Aki speak, explain things that she would have likely never known had their kingdom come to their wood. She spoke of the three powers that ruled the land, how they seemed to function.. Chrysanthe listened to the rise and fall of Aki's voice and at times, she could hear what sounds like an actual person speaking, though the words often fell short, cruel in tone. However, the information that was provided was helpful and enlightening; though she wasn't quite sure why a Platinum Hero was so special, she could perhaps ask Yamato himself? Rhys found it hard to simply move past the fact that the man in question was the crown prince of the kingdom who had just enslaved her own; he had tried however, awkward as it had been, and from what Aki had said was likely just his way.

Slowly she nodded and looked towards the things Aki had cleaned up, the rich foods and then back to her. Rather than offering the woman before her pity, Chrysanthe decided another route; something told her Aki wouldn't welcome pity or sorrow for the life she'd been forced to live. "Why will I be so popular in Adagas?" Shifting in her seat, her eyes moved down to her wrists, where the tattoo rested. Within, Rhys felt raw and empty, the magic that had thrummed in her veins since she'd been a small fosterling not completely gone, but barely more than a shadow. Rubbing the marks absently she bit back a sigh. Things would never be the same.

That thought brought on a rush of sorrow anew. Showing weakness still felt like folly, but the odd limbo she'd forced herself into did nothing to soothe the grief within. She wanted to scream, cry.. fight back. None of those options were available to her, at least not at the moment; the fact was she bounced between sadness and a void of emotion, that was empty, bleak... but at least it didn't hurt. What even am I now? A bed slave? Chrysanthe felt wary to the bone and that desire to fade away lingered. She'd be free in the next world, but her people would still suffer and the next born to fill her role would be enslaved and unable to know why her heart and soul ached so keenly for something she'd never know.

She was trapped with no way out. Stuck in this weird limbo and unsure of her place in the world... Unable to escape the trappings of this life for the next without harming her people more and sentencing a child to a horrible fate. "Aki, do you know what I am meant to be now?" She knew she could ask Yamato, but she wondered what Shin and the woman before her thought it to be; Yamato it seemed might not treat her how Shin wished... The answer would not help her know her new place any more than she did now, if that was the case, but there was no harm in asking.

Aki pondered on the idea for a moment as she eventually came to a thought, a gentle smile curved on her lips as Rhys asked her questions. "For one, Adagas is a city of mixed people. Your uniqueness would normally fly under the radar." Aki stepped forward and moved Rhys' hair away, almost as if she were capable of actual human emotions. Her lips curved into a smile as she looked down into her eyes and was almost mesmerized by the swirling pools of bright lavender. She even heaved a low and sultry sigh as, truth be told, Aki was more than just a mouth piece for the emperor. She was his favorite; the supple body, the vibrant red hair, those full lips and finally the come hither eyes; they all called to Shin.

"If I were to be plainly honest as I mentioned before. Even in a city of exotic beauties, your shine will make all of the look like fool's gold. Luckily for you, with Yamato around, he can essentially get you access to everything and when it comes to what you are supposed to be. Allow me to extrapolate that statement as there is a lot in play and you my dear are in the middle." Aki flicked Rhy's bottom lip as she walked along and prepared another set of trays. These were littered with various sweet cakes and teas; the freshness of fruit matched with a golden colored sugar and mixed together. There were also other small rather plump looking cakes and various teas available. The spread of sugary treats came in all shapes and colors as Aki took a seat.

"I already know you are not in the mood but the prince will return. But when it comes to your role, allow me a chance to explain something. This empire is proud of their race. Apparently they believe the royals are all descended from the sun god they believe in. Now Yamato for all this good, is quite the lascivious man. He has a particular like for elven women most of all. So your home was literally taken over and destroyed so that Shin can turn his sun darker, through your blood, as Shin tries to make his son abuse and use you. As I mentioned, being the eldest has certain responsibilities. One of them being the maintaining of the royal line, though the current Emperor has a different mind set in terms of how things should be run. So you are cannon fodder to turn the wholesome prince evil so that the kingdom, in their minds, will be secure. Again, lucky you that Yamato has never been one to force his way on anything."

With a sweet smile, Aki again set some cakes for Aki as she poured some tea. "This by the way is called in the language a dorayaki, I can imagine it more like a filled up pancake. It is a personal favorite." Aki returned to her docile yet sinister tone without so much as a big of hesitation. She set a plate for Yamato as she quickly grabbed a bite of this rather stretchy looking ball and within it was a fragrant paste. "Now imagine that, you hold the key in your chest to either save the kingdom or ruin it. Quite the funny turn of affairs. But you might as well enjoy what he can offer you, Yamato is the kind of man that would stupidly charge in against a monster to save the life of a commoner. While that is nice for us as we are essentially below even them, but he could make better decisions in my honest opinion."

The gentle touch of fingers at her hair, brushing back the silky silver locks from her delicate face. Her eyes rose to meet Aki's and she could see something flicker in their depths. Brilliant lavender eyes, flecked with chips of silver gazed back at her. Had Aki not been that woman from this morning, Chrysanthe might have lingered in her touch, savoring it. She knew others preferred one or the other sex, but Rhys had never been quite so picky, not that any had ever graced her bed; however she'd been know to dally with men and women. A soft blush graced her cheeks and her chin dipped down and her eyes lowered. Chrysanthe's think lashes veiled her eyes for a moment. Slowly looking up as she said there was a lot in play.

The touch of her finger along her lower lip had Rhys frowning, the words lingering in the air. Aki, however didn't leave her wanting as she began to explain exactly what was on the table. Mood? Ah... So in the end, he would still wish to bed me. I wonder if all his talk amounts to much.. If I have a say in the matter. Yamato spoke like she would, just based on the small interactions she'd had with him, but would that hold through? The idea of any one from their royal family between her thighs made her stomach roll. Rhys couldn't help but wonder who Shin would force Yamato to harm her, if it wasn't his desire to do so. The fact that her people had been enslaved for the purpose of corrupting a single person made her stomach turn. It couldn't be the only reason... "I'm to be bedded and bred then?" There was more, she knew this, but how did one even begin to break it down. If everything Aki says is true.. I don't know how Yamato can even smile, fake or otherwise. She couldn't help but feel, even for him or the woman before her. Rhys had not been made for court life, nor had the life at her own court been anything like this.

Snorting softly she shook her head. Wonderful. I may not be worldly, but I do know rushing head first is foolish, more so in a crown prince and I have been bound to him. "Kindness has it's place, but if he is as you say he is, he will likely not live to rule" The words were bluntly honest and Rhys couldn't help but sigh. This mess of a family, that happened to rule far more than they should under some silly providence that they were decedents of some god... Closing her eyes she lifted a hand to her temple, a throbbing starting. Looking toward the sweet and the freshly poured tea. She knew more of her purpose, but she still felt out of place, out of time... A small part of her hoping this was just some horrible dream with the other part of her pitied that hope. "They look nice" The comment offered, but the desire to eat still missing from the elf.

Aki almost wanted to laugh when Rhys dared to mention the whole issue of breeding. But she kept that to herself for the moment as a certain memory had tickled her fancy. It was three weeks ago, before the Divine Sun Army had fully taken the forest. She remembered the morning clearly as she was under Shin's bed clothes; ravaged and tired from a night with the man. As much as she might have hated him, the boundless pleasure and lust shared nights were certainly worth it. Her emerald eyes looked over to the man as she sat up, she still felt full from him and remained quiet for now as Shin turned over to her as her eyes looked up to him.

"My lord, I know that your great ancestors were the one to take over my home. That was before our times, in a time where a famine due to The Living Pestilence took hold of the land. But what makes you want to take over these lands? Surely it is not just for the mithril, no one knows how to mold it or shape it. So what is the real reason?" Aki asked as she heaved a deep breath, her chest bounced energetically as her pert, round and red nipples seemed to scream for attention. Shin turned over and walked towards the young woman as she cowered before him. Even if they shared in amorous actions, there was something distinctly foul from him. The stink of death followed him like a fetid perfume, his voice rumbled out of his chest as he seemed to chuckle lowly as he pinned the fair woman down. His erection remained ready for more as his monstrous size brought many other mates to the brink of euphoric bliss.

"It is simple. Honestly, I want my stupid son to fall in love with her. Grow weak and weary, and then, I will organize a murder to eliminate her. The anguish that will cause my son will finally shift him into the man The Divine Sun Dynasty needs him to be. His pathetic attachments to the outside world will crumble into dust as I laugh from behind him and watch, as this pure love he thought he would have is washed away in blood. Then my twin boys will be the kind of force that will allow us to capture Adagas." Shin had spread her legs open as, without mercy, he plunged his behemoth bulge into her. Aki came back to reality for a moment as she looked towards Rhys for a moment. As much as she wished to say anything, her seals forced her secrery.

One false word and the malevolent magic held within the runes would cause her to explode.

"And that would normally be true, but he is a platinum hero for a reason. They are the top fifteen heroes of the continent and Yamato happens to be one of them. He has faced countless monsters on his own. You will see when we reach his mansion in Adagas, he will want to stop there anyway." Eventually Yamato did return and took a seat and again offered Rhys some bites but he soon returned to the snacks as Yamato only offered his elven partner a smile as the sweet smells of cake filled the air. "This one is surprisingly good, it is a honey cake filled with a fruit jam." The golden cake seemed more precious than gold with the fruit jam as an accent of jewels.

Shaking her head some Chrysanthe sighed, looking up at Aki. "Yes, however, those monsters are not related to him. I might not be worldly, but I am not stupid. Standing up to family, even in small things is difficult and we often turn a blind eye." Those luminous lavender eyes didn't waver. "I don't know him, or the family, but I would be willing to bet, the thing that Shin has planned for him.. is something he'd never think even his father would do. Because, to Yamato.. it would breach something that he thinks is scared, unwilling to really and truly think the worst of his own father.. Even knowing who his father is" Rhys had no idea how close she actually was to the issue, or that she would be the key to Yamato's downfall in his father's eye.

When Yamato came back, she shook her head at the offered food. It all still looked lovely, but she had no appetite. However, when a cup of tea was offered, she relented... Why she felt the need to offer him a small peace offering, she didn't know but she cupped the steaming cup in her hands, blowing lightly on the surface of the pale yellowish green surface. The steam that curled almost lazily from the cup brought the subtle scents of earthy, grassy notes and something slightly floral. It was pleasant and she took a sip after a bit and let the warmth fill her mouth. The scents held true and there was more to the sweet tea; slight nutty tones and a bitterness that lingers in her mouth after she swallowed. The cake he showed her did in fact look good, but her head swayed slightly, declining the treat.

She knew she wasn't being very friendly, but she doubted anyone expected her to be. Looking at him, after asking Aki.. Shifting some she looked to Yamato and watched him as he devoured the cake. Once he'd finished she spoke. "Yamato" She sued his name, unsure what else to call him, if not M'lord "What do you expect of me?" She felt sort of out of place, like a feral animal that Yamato and his family would try and tame. This is all so exhausting. If I knew what was expected of me, I could try and come to terms with my new role, even if I hated it. But I am in a weird limbo. Am I a bed slave? A toy... I know what your father wants me to be, you seem to have no desire to force me and Aki says you're not like your brother... Yet you desire my kind and I have seen the way you look at me. If not now, if not by force... Sighing softly she shook her head, silencing her thoughts and looked to Yamato once more.

Lifting her tea, she took a slow sip, one hand under the cup, lifting to her mouth the other balancing almost, to make sure it was steady as Rhys sipped. The cup drained she set it back on the table and waited. Other questions, thoughts swirled in her head, though of lesser import. Would she be allowed to bring anything with her on the travels. Clothing.. treasures? Nothing she owned was of real value to anyone but her. Made special by those who had given her the trinkets.

A smile crept on the sun prince's lips as he had always enjoyed these little cakes, even as he explored the continent, seen countless other races and people; home and the very essence of it was held within the sweetened layers of dough with apple jam. He had wished his new elven partner could have enjoyed it with him but he understood her emotions; how could she want a taste of the place that destroyed her life? Eventually, he hoped to change that, though soon enough she had captured his attention with a question, what he expected. It was honestly a good quesiton as he had truly not given it so much as a thought. But it was a rather plain question but he first wanted to finish his snack cake. Though Rhys saw something written across the face of the young man as he enjoyed the treat.

Nostalgia.

Something about that cake had brought out a warmth from that prince that put the sun in the spring to shame. He was lost in a world of sweet flavors until he had remembered about Rhy's question. "If I can be honest honest here, I could use someone in Adagas to help me manage my estate there and my daily business. As well as a partner in my journey. My manor in Adagas is also rather unlived so I thought that the elves that I am able to save can live there. Best case scenario it might be about one hundred of them." Yamato's eyes grew sullen for a moment as the black sensation in the pit of his stomach took hold of him. It was the unfortunate truth of the situation; for a prince he actually had very little power.

"I hope you are ready some adventures, I lead a very busy life as I try to mend the bridges my people burn on a monthly basis. But, I do journey for other reasons, maybe one day I will tell you them. Hopefully you will be open to talking by then Rhys. Make sure to grab everything you want to take with you. I will accompany you so that the other men won't harass you. If there is anything else I can do to assist you and it is within my power, then I will make it so." Those vast and clear pools of pure azure seemed to glow in the gentle kiss of the afternoon sun, Rhys was even able to notice how Aki batted her eyelashes at him. The gentle timbre of his voice seemed more like the cool rushing of a stream than an actual human voice; crisp and pure. Though he soon turned to her as his eyes focused on her and the sultry features of the elven priestess.

"So, do you have any other questions? Or shall we get going?" As her cup was set down, he poured another cup for her, the tea's earthen sweetness tinted with the freshness of mint was a welcome salve to the nerves. A smile crept on his lips as he returned to his plate, though he soon served Aki some cake as the ruby flush of her cheeks made her hair pale by comparison. Nostalgia took the man once again as he explored the dessert tray and waited for Rhy's next question.

She had waited patently to be answered, though, his answer left her with little more insight than she'd hoped for. Chrysanthe fought back the urge to sigh, and toyed with the edge of her cup, listening to Yamato. She was not equipped to do anything he might desire from her. A virgin, a priestess, she'd never managed a household. She'd known friends who had married and had homes, the base idea understood by the elfish beauty. Thick lashes veiled her eyes as she considered the rest of his plans, or perhaps desires of her. Travel. By the sounds of it, a great deal. The tip of her finger traced the rim of the delicate cup, and she finally nodded some.

"Very well" There was little she could say, everyone would start as she did at some point. Be it the virgin being bedded for the first time, the young wife having to finally lead a home of her own; the latter should have at least learned from her mother, something Rhys had never had a chance to learn. Her parents had been honored to bear the next high priestess, why wouldn't they have been? She'd been plucked from their tender care and placed in the hands of the previous priestess and her acolytes. She'd learned things she'd need to know to serve as the spiritual center of her people and had been allowed to study anything that caught her vast interest. For a small period of time, she too had wished to travel, but the priestess had squashed that dream. Her place would be with her people. Was this, somehow a manifestation of her own wish to travel when she herself had been a young fosterling? If so, the gods were far crueler than she'd ever thought them to be. The desire to travel had faded and the wanderlust had slipped from her mind as she took up her mantle. To give her the dream she'd once had, at the cost of her lands, her people?

Shaking her head some she closed her eyes tight, fighting back tears. She didn't wish to cry in front of them, to show weakness. Her lips parted and a slow breath was exhaled. "I am ready" Rising she looked to the prince, waiting for Yamato to join her. In silence, she lead him to her home. The path they took wound through the heart of the city, and around her, devastation laid bare for her eyes; the sight of it, her people caused her heart to ache and by the time they'd made the short ten minute walk from his tent to her own home, having trailed over a bridge and underneath. A pale white door held back the cool mist of the waterfall that shielded the home from view. Stepping inside she left the door open, allowing him to enter if he so desired.

Her home was simple, filled with books, paintings and little treasures that she or one of the fosterlings had found. The walls were a simple white tone, with darker beams of chestnut colored wood spaced evenly. Heading towards her room, she paused int he doorway. She and the crown prince had been friends, he'd helped her build this house, as had many others. Though the intricate craving around each door and upon it had been his handiwork. All the doors were of fine make, but the one to her inner sanctum, was by far the grandest. The pain of his loss, the loss of likely many of those who had helped her to create her home was like a knife through her heart. Trying to pull herself away from the tears that wanted to form she turned to look at him.

"I.. I am not sure what to bring. I don't have clothes that would fit a lifestyle of travel." Chrysanthe's voice was soft, and hinted at the tears that she wouldn't allow to fall, let alone form. She knew a few books she'd wish to bring, perhaps a few small trinkets.. But most of it should leave and she would mourn should it be razed. If nothing else, it was a living memory to those who had died, who had meant so much to her. Shaking her head she began to gather the few books she wished to take with her. Unsure of even how much she was allowed.

With a gentle nod the crown prince chose to follow Rhys along. He might have had many adventures before but he had never been inside an elven kingdom before, they were normally a bit on the reclusive side when it came to human interference or what have you. There was something about Yamato as they continued to explore the home that had become nothing but a blood stained memory. Yamato had a twinkle in his eye, was it curiosity? Was it a venerable spirit? She easily heard the man offer a dejected sigh as his own eyes looked over at all of this. For whatever it was worth; he was happy he got here with some time to at least save some of these people.

"In all my travels, this is the one thing I have never gotten to see. It is a shame that I had to experience such splendor, such beauty in such a way." The prince followed still as they reached her home. Ever curious, Yamato looked around Rhy's home with the interest of a child. Though the tone of the priestess had bothered him. His ears were certainly not as sensitive as an elf's ears but he knew sadness when he heard it. It was a sound he was quite useful in his line of work and life. Compassion was much more painful than it needed to be. But that was neither here nor there. Yamato looked around as he took stock of everything Rhy had and offered her a nod.

"For your items, I am sure we can easily bring it all. Pack a small bag of things so you can bring that with you." The man's eyes continued to explore the home casually, he turned to her and offered her another smile even if it was tainted by a tender yet palpable melancholy as she walked over and actually hugged the elven woman softly against him. "If you wish to take time to offer prayers to those who died, I will offer you all the time you need Chrysanthe to do what you need. The life of a priestess must be a lonely one, as you are forced to be the pillar or your people yet you never had anyone be a pillar for you, for your weakness or your sadness. Though I am certainly unworthy of such emotions all things considered, know that I wish to understand and when it comes to loss, I cannot compare to this but I am no stranger to it."

His arms were set down gently against her hips as he maintained his embrace of her. She could have easily taken his weapon and stabbed him. She could have easily bit through his jugular and killed him. Yamato however offered to her a defenseless hug as his hand ran up her back in a vain attempt to console her. Though he had no current intentions to tell her, this was a bit too reminiscent for him of a previous event in his own life. "Cry if you wish, I am not one to judge."

Yamato's voice softly escaped from his lips as he laid her head against his chest as he honestly expected a stab; but he deserved it.

The trip to her home, she'd hard the comment that Yamato had made, but hadn't known how to answer. Their boarders had never been closed, he could have come to see their lands before... Nothing would come from telling him this and she couldn't think of any other thing to say. Her home was in shambles, enslaved and for what? So they had continued in silence. It took a lot for the priestess to not lower her head, to try and block out the fresh horror that each step brought. For her people's sake though, she couldn't block out the pain, she couldn't be anything less than what she was. A serene beauty, who's strength that could take to heart. She was not broken, she was still strong, therefore, they were still strong, the faith was strong. It wasn't much, that small modicum of comfort, but there was nothing else she could offer them. No solace to make their loss any better.

Within her own home however, she let that strength go. Here, where no one but Yamato could see her, she let herself feel as broken as her people were. His answer to her whispered words was met with a nod, though he was closer than expected. When his arms slid around her slender form she stiffened. Whatever she had expected, it wasn't the solace that he offered. Slowly she softened against him, her smaller form fitting into his nicely and after some time, her arms slid around his shoulders. Her head was neatly tucked under his chin and she inhaled his scent. The warm scent of sandalwood greeted her first, warm and woody as it tickled her nose, but under that, there was something else. The salty undertone gave her pause, Rhys had never seen the sea so she was unable to place the scent, but it was vaguely salty, green almost, fresh, invigorating and not unpleasant in the slightest. The last lingering scent was something she knew, that crispness of snow, clean and almost chilly, if chilly had a smell. Her eyes closed, savoring the touch of another, the comfort offered. He wouldn't have been her first choice, or even second... But likely those she would have turned to for such companionship in a time like this were dead.

Dead. The sob that broke from her lips was sudden, her slender arms tightening slightly against him as she cried. Hot tears squeezed from between her lashes and soaked the front of Yamato as she trembled in his arms. Once the flood gates had been opened, there was no stopping the torrential fall of tears. Time seemed to trickle as she cried, slowly letting every worry, all the pain, all the fear, leave her through the salt of her tears. Finally, exhausted of tears she rested against his chest, hiccuping softly. A small sniffle before she gently pulled away from him. "I.. I'm sorry" Her face was lowered. She hadn't wanted to show him, or any of his people weakness, and tears, the raw vulnerability of them was weakness to an enemy. But, he wasn't her enemy? It was too much to process and she lifted a slender hand to his chest, brushing at the darkness along his front. Just yesterday, she could have called on the winds to dry her tears from the fabric and his skin, but as she tried to call on that once familiar power, only silence answered her.

"I will hold off on my prayers till we arrive where ever home is meant to be. There will be more lost before then, the others will understand" her voice was rougher, it's honey sweetness brittle. "Thank you though" She moved to turn away from him, intending to gather the things she couldn't live without. Then she could pack the other things she'd with to travel with them. Pausing she turned her tear stained face up to him. "Yamato..." Her pale cheeks were still wet, and her pretty pale lavender eyes still shimmered with unshod tears. "Could you protect my home? Not my lands, just this small place. Let the memories of those who helped me... When I first took up the mantle of priestess.... It's all I have left of some of them. Please" It was a small boon to ask for, at least she hoped. Perhaps one, he'd give her.

Much like Rhys had gotten a smell of Yamato, he got a whiff of Rhys and was almost enchanted by her in that very moment. Every breath brought forth a new level of this woman into his mind. The first breath brought forth a sweet spiciness that quickly reminded him of her elegance and poise. Another breath brought forth the gentle kiss of cinnamon and vanilla, an homage to how open she was as a person. The next breath brought forth the bounty of nature itself; fresh grass in a tender forest filled with the majesty of nature itself. Every single breath of her scent brought more thoughts to his mind about her. It would have been a lie if he he said he didn't simply want her now, but there was something that had ensured he remained rooted in reality.

The distinct smell of her sadness.

Rhy's tears snapped the man out of his wistful dreams of the elven priestess with her clothing on the floor. But the smell of anguish filled his mind as the symphony of tears filled the quaint home with palpable sadness. As her weak arms grabbed onto him, desperate for some kind of solace, his only held onto her more tightly. Yamato wished he could have hugged Rhys so tightly that she could have been put back together, but all he could do now was fill the cracks with something new. His hand rubbed her back gingerly as he endured the cries of agony from Rhys. Eventually, she had moved over and made a request. It was a simple one as his hands reached over to wipe her tears.

"If that is your desire, and if it is something I can do I shall. The guards I leave behind will mark this place and keep it together. Otherwise we can bring all of this with us if you like. We cannot leave you without your precious things." A smile was soon wrapped around his lips as he set his sword aside and began to help her pack. As much as Yamato wished to explain his own feelings towards this, it was honestly a little too close to home for him. This brought back memories of his own past as a smile, wide and joyful, came to his mind. The prince cleaned his own eyes for a moment as he continued to to put things away for her. "I guess this home is a little too well built to break apart and bring it with us." The man mused for a moment as he stepped outside and with a gentle brush, he drew a symbol outside of the home.

"Now this place is safe, I just marked it to ensure it would be left alone. So how about we pack up as much as we can and hopefully you have worked up a little bit of an appetite. The last thing I want is for you to faint on me." The prince quipped as his cool nature oozed out in the work. There was a level of enjoyment on his face as he assisted, it was not one of disdain. Yamato found honest joy in the betterment of others. "So I am curious, besides being a priestess, was there anything else you enjoyed doing?" He actually hoped to change the subject a little as they worked, he hoped to get Rhys to divulge information about herself.

Back
Top Bottom