Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Upstarts Unbound [OoC]

I am seriously going to have reign in my inner min maxer, because there are some broken builds you could make with that.

It's so y'all can be well rounded.
Mind, you are still capped at 18. You can't just... dump it all in one.

It is ironic you say that, because part of the reason I'm so generous with ability scores is to avoid people doing 'dump stats'.

Last edited:
I am Having trouble finding a good way to create a pathfinder character sheet on an iPhone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It is ironic you say that, because part of the reason I'm so generous with ability scores is to avoid people doing 'dump stats'.

Quietly erases the 8 strength on her character sheet 😅

I am Having trouble finding a good way to create a pathfinder character sheet on an iPhone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have a stylus? I use the Books app and a stylus with a .pdf of the character on my iPad. I’ve never found a great fillable pathfinder sheet but I feel like one has to exist.

Quietly erases the 8 strength on her character sheet 😅

Oh, that's fine if it fits the character. 8 is a sensible below average score. I mean people who are like, playing wizards with strength and charisma of 6 or something.

Will this work?
Should be able to use any pdf app to fill it out.

Hahaha. Dump stats. My favorite Pathfinder character was a sorceress with the lowest casting stat in the party and 17 strength.

Hahaha

And that was without an enhancement bonus! Bull's Strength and a Giant Form SLA would put her at 27 and size large, at which point she had a max load of something like a ton and a half. She could grab a troll by the ankles and bludgeon a dragon unconscious with it.

Myth weavers is working perfectly. I should be able to get a character sheet done by tomorrow, Monday at the latest. And yes, this did prevent my swashbuckler from having 6 strength.

The gods dies

Next character is a Cleric of Nesh. I think I might be one in real life.

So, I didn't have the other threads watchlisted yet, and I had no idea what you were talking about for a little bit. And then I found it. And my cat is hiding from the noises I made.

There are a ton of options. I uh... maybe didn't min max as much as I could for simplicity's sake but I think I found something that fits for the traits :) And I ended up going Bard.

Yeah, I went with traits that made sense for the character rather than min max as well. Anatomist is really good for a swashbuckler, but I couldn’t think Of a reason Kirina would have studied anatomy.

That sounds like my entire life (making it up as I go) 😁

I was curious about backstory - I’ve got some ideas down on my character sheet but how much are you thinking that’ll come into play? I love world building myself so happy to work with you to fill in details, or I could keep it vague if past history isn’t going to matter much.
Mostly trying to get a gauge on how plot /detail heavy we’re going for as a group.

I'll try to incorporate as much as you have to offer.
The more important stuff is "where you are going" however.
And you might have a chance to flesh things out later (i.e. NPCs might ask you questions about your background, if you'd rather wait to decide at a point when it's relevant).

As far as worldbuilding goes, you can feel free to make stuff up for your backstory since I'm really just making a setting for the story and not really intending to detail it much beyond what's necessary.

I'll just do a quick sum up of what I have at the moment.

So, for mainlands, there's a continent to the east and a continent to the west. Further south are more archipelagos, which might get delved into, and a mysterious southern continent. But the continents don't reallllly matter since this is all about sailing about on the oceans and hitting up beaches and whatnot.

The Platinum Isles are named for the Platinum Crown Trading Company, a mercantile league from the west that serves as the major power and unofficial overarching in the archipelago. They run the larger western islands directly, and arbitrate most of the disputes, provide muscle for the military/watch, things like that. The eastern chains are considered owned by their indigenous inhabitants, whom the PCTC sided with when they took over the western isles (so while the PCTC are bad guys, they aren't necessarily bad guys to the folks that are still around. They take pains to make themselves look good.)

To the southwest are various "wild islands" that have monsters or haunted ruins and as such have remained unsettled for quite some time.

In roughly the center is a clutch of various other islands. Some have small island nations established on them, some are privately owned but may have loose associations with each other, and are governed only by the PCTC's regional treaties. Because of their independence the free isles are a mixed bag but you can also find also anything you're looking for (and it's to this chaotic region that much of the slave trade goes, since the PCTC and natives don't really do slavery).

Ironport is kind of in the middle and is a crossroads between the various regions, so you'll have your pick of where you want to go to start with.

If you want to have religious tie-ins, feel free to ask some questions and I can give more deets on the gods and such.

I. Love. This. Setting!!!!

ahem fangirling over this awesome set up aside, that’s super helpful. It might not matter much plotwise, but i was trying to figure out who she’d betrayed and why for character purposes. Does the PCTC have nobles in their ranks? Would there be other commercial interests there competing to wrestle control away from the PCTC?

Also tell me more about this god of wheeling and dealing? Cuz that sounds fun for a pirate spy :)

Some of the members of the PCTC stationed in the Isles would be nobles in their home country.

Then there's the owners of the free isles who are basically able to style themselves nobility just because they have the land and wealth to do so.
Rivals... other trading companies, especially worldwide guilds who want more control over trade (the PCTC aggressively pursues a monopoly on shipping. And has hefty fees for the opportunity to trade on their territory. So smuggling rings are a big deal too.
There are indigenous groups who feel their way of life is threatened by the outside cultures coming through. (Though officially they tend to be allied with the PCTC, who supports them. So in many ways they view the PCTC as "the last outsiders we need to expel").
Probably the biggest trade rival is the Society of Bespoke Services a worldwide slave trade guild (most people straight up just call them the Slavers Guild) headquartered in the Isles. While the goods they specialize in don't overlap, there is a feeling that "these isles aren't big enough for the both of us" going around.

Also tell me more about this god of wheeling and dealing? Cuz that sounds fun for a pirate spy :)

Ytnom Llah is a god of pacts and bargains, seen as a granter of wishes. He combines aspects of a game show host, a used car salesman, and a classic soul-purchasing devil.

You might also consider Banderbane, who is generally the god of charismatic criminals.

On that note...
Added "religions" to the TL;DR post.
I've put some more detail on religion and gods (and, like, actual serious stuff) [here].

Though I don’t expect MC to spend much time on religion, Goddess Quelda sounds right up her ally. I’m going to say she spent her entire life traveling the Western Continent with her parents, but decided to leave on her own adventure on the sea.

Back
Top Bottom