Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is ghosting pretty standard on BM?

@Tanakalian I was thinking about your words, I don't think I roleplayed with a lot of people under 30, not on purpose at least. But, I think people under thirty still experimenting, and I kind of think they do have a right, to sign-up for something, and then realize that they don't want it. One day they hopefully learn how to reject, and let people go with a compliment and directness. I think this is very useful trait in life and in work.

Last edited:
I know I’ve ghosted people on platforms before. I genuinely have told many I don’t want to continue. The singular ghosted Ive done has either been because of issues with me. A thread went an angle that I’m not comfortable discussing or repairing. But 2 in my rp life I have just had something happen where I needed to shut down. In college I had only been writing smut rp for a year. Felt guilty and ashamed despite how I enjoyed it. I left out of the blue on a few stories than.

I don't think that's a reliable indicator. I've bumped when I haven't had the energy to write full-on replies. I don't think there is a "one size fits all" sign that you've been ghosted. Aside from being totally blocked, I guess.

I agree with this

Sometimes I have the energy to shoot the shit and brainstorm, but when I write my RP responses I'm pretty invested in them and sometimes it's just hard to get into the headspace.
Definitely don't be afraid to bump people. Sometimes ya just get pushed down in the inbox ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, ghosting is common. I've ghosted a few, usually when I'm out of mental energy and don't have the heart to give them a response or I feel like the RP has run dry.

Ironically its people ghosting me that tends to lead to me being so drained... I try to keep partners informed, but sometimes, if I go away for a few days or a week or a month, there isn't always time.

I'm new here but ghosting can be very common in general. Sometimes people don't even respond once. I compare RP's to relationships, it is all exciting to begin with but after a little while it becomes boring, you can see where a RP is headed, you wonder if it is worth continuing. RP gets dropped, then people like to avoid drama etc so they ghost rather than tell you. Which I understand actually as I have seen things blow up over nothing and people get banned when the person they are trying to communicate with turns out to be a buddy of an Admin or Moderator.

Back
Top Bottom