Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alvis's Miniature Works

Alvis Alendran

Supporter
Supporter
Okay, so I'm a huge nerd by admission, and I adore working with miniatures, mainly on the 28mm scale. And as I've been working through my miniature backlog to cope with my depression and other life issues lately, I decided that maybe I should share what I've been doing lately.

So, I'm building a new set of troops for an army. I am building an army of bad ass ladies that are here to kick the shit out of everyone that looks at them slantwise. So, the first set of them that I've built lately...

20200520_182517.jpg
20200520_182821.jpg
20200520_182958.jpg
20200520_183159.jpg
20200520_183325.jpg

Well, that's my first set of 20! I'll likely throw more up as I finish them!

Feel free to leave comments/suggestions/ideas below!

Last edited:
Here's the next dozen! I'm having to get a little more...creative? With how I get things done on these ladies, because halberds? Those all have to be built by me, and that's sucking up time and bitz! But I'm happy with how they're coming along.

20200524_140433.jpg
20200524_140654.jpg
20200524_140743.jpg

The next 4, but I'm out of bitz for now, so going forward I'm going to have to search out new materials to make halberds!

20200525_000550.jpg

Perhaps it's a dumb question, but where are those minis from? I can't say that I've seen them before.

Not a dumb question at all! The base line of the miniatures are from Shieldwolf Miniatures, Sisters of Talliareum though with some fairly serious alterations in some point, especially for the halberd ladies, whose weapons are largely scratch built from existing bits.

The last 5 are from Hasslefree miniatures, that I picked up on Kickstarter years ago, but just got around to assembling them.

And for clarification @Tanakalian, I am building them, not making them all from scratch. I'm fairly good at this, but I'm not a sculptor! Gods, I wish I was that good!

Not a dumb question at all! The base line of the miniatures are from Shieldwolf Miniatures, Sisters of Talliareum though with some fairly serious alterations in some point, especially for the halberd ladies, whose weapons are largely scratch built from existing bits.

The last 5 are from Hasslefree miniatures, that I picked up on Kickstarter years ago, but just got around to assembling them.

And for clarification @Tanakalian, I am building them, not making them all from scratch. I'm fairly good at this, but I'm not a sculptor! Gods, I wish I was that good!

Thank you! I will definitely be looking into them!

And do you also paint them?

...I will eventually be painting them. I just hate painting, so it takes awhile to work up the werewithal to do so.

Okay, so I hate painting. So much. But here I am, painting things. I've got to get a better detail brush to finish these up, but here's some WIP... 20200702_213147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom