Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ergastulum. (1x1 w/DarkMudkip)

Yukimura pulled out of her, moving off of her and collapsing onto the bed beside Akihime, breathing heavily and covered in sweat.

Yukimura laid his arm over her shoulders, then quickly fell into a restless sleep, nightmares more like. He dreamt of Shingen, imaging how he spent his last moments, and the shadowy assailant who had taken his life.

Yukimura tried to explain himself, tried to tell his boss he was sorry, but no words came from his mouth, only blood. It flowed from his mouth like a waterfall, thick and hot, choking him and leaving him gasping desperately for air.

"Yukimura...? Yukimura...!" He was yanked sharply from his dream, staring up at Akihime, who looked beyond scared, "Hey...there you are...you were having an awful nightmare..."

Yukimura opened his eyes, covered in sweat from his nightmare, looking up at Akihime for a moment before realizing her was awake. “Was I..? I’m sorry if I woke you...”

Yukimura sat up and wiped the last of his tears away, squinting at the sunlight his eyes registered. “Oh..” He rubbed the back of his head and looked to the window. “What time is it..?” He still had so much to do back at the estate, funeral arrangements, sending word for a meeting.

Yukimura frowned softly, looking down at his hands; he wanted nothing more than to stay, lay his head in Akihime’s lap and stay with her for as long as he wanted, but he couldn’t. He carefully got out of bed, shaking his head as he grabbed his underwear off the floor, mostly dry, unlike his suit. “I can’t.”

She reached and took his hand, "If you need to come back, my door will be unlocked...you can just come in, ok? I'll go get you a clean suit.."

Yukimura gave her hand a small squeeze, offering a smile even though his heart still ached. “I will..” He nodded.

Yukimura sat on the bed in only his underwear, listening to the bustle of the people in the building outside the bedroom, trying to figure out just what exactly he was going to do when he got back to the estate.

Yukimura took the suit with a nod and mumbled thank you, dressing in silence before looking to Akihime. “Thank you... I’m sorry I had to come to you like this..” He said.

Yukimura gave another nod and a weak smile, opening the door and heading out to request a meeting with the heads of the clans.

The meeting was set up for a week from now and that time seemed only to drag on. Everyday was miserable, even when Sasuke and Mitsunari both offered their help.

The day of the meeting came faster than anticipated, and Yukimura had arrived at Bastard early, waiting in the bright white room alone. He looked tired, bags under his eyes, and his brows furrowed.

Megohime was next- Masamune behind her like he always was -and she no longer had her arm in a sling. She said nothing, sitting and waiting in silence as well, only giving a glance to Yukimura.

Motochika was next, though he looked annoyed - Nana was still in the hospital after all, maybe just on bed rest but still - and then lastly Matsunaga.
"Where is Shingen, young cub?" Matsunaga asked.

Yukimura shot him a glance. “Takeda Shingen was murdered last week, his head was sent to me. There was no indication as to who sent it, but I can only assume it was an anti-twilight group.”

Back
Top Bottom