Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Terminal Vampirism...[Den of the Damned]

"Please. Don't you have any of these... Internet friends you'd like to meet more than me?" She slid into the chair, crossing her arms and staring at the mesmerizing fire. She could easily see the embers lift into the chimney, some of them fighting to stay in the room or remain inside of the fire. It was a strange and elaborate dance, like the stars lifting from hell itself. Images of a burning wooden city hit Jesse's mind. A cold, harsh desert. And Akasha, from Lestat's music videos. It was definately a psychic reading.
Mona took a sip of her tea and leaned forwards, feeling the warmth of the fire on her face.
"We should get a cat for this place."

"I don't have internet friends, Aunt."

Jesse said as she stuck her tongue out. She had contacts, but that was about it, and few friends. She was too weird for friends, apparently. Sighing lightly, she finger-combed her hair a moment until her eyes went blank as she stared into the fire. Burning city, a woman, cruelty, blood, and then finally Lestat entered her mind before the image faded. She blinked as she took a deep breath. She hadn't expected a vision quite that clear before. She put a smile on her face as she looked at her aunt.

"Can we? We could go now."

Jesse said with glee on her face. She loved cats and wondered if they could go get one now. She was clearly excited and looked with hopeful eyes at her aunt.

"Really? I thought most people nowadays did." She said thoughtfully before noticing Jesse's blank, vacant expression. Life soon came back into her eyes as the vision faded and she took in a deep breath. Mona thought against asking about what that was, thinking it was just the girl thinking. She looked back at the fire, crossing her long, slender legs and tapping her fingers against her knee.
"What kind of pet store is open at this hour of night?" She said as she put the seat back into the table and picked up the gas lamp from the table before heading into the hallway, expecting Jesse to follow her.
"Have you seen your bedroom?"

"Not everyone.."

She muttered under her breath as her aunt soon rose and spoke about what pet stores would be open now and how she asked if she had seen her bedroom. She nodded as she put her chair back and followed her aunt. She made sure to keep pace with the long-legged woman. A lot of thoughts passed through her mind as she followed her aunt into the hallway.

"I love my room. The view is so wonderful."

She said with a soft smile as she walked, her eyes roaming about the hallway as she noticed more of the artwork. She hadn't gotten a very good look at most of the items since she had been ushered into the Manor rather quickly. But with the leisurely stroll with her aunt, she was able to look.

Most of the art was comprised of sensual scenes, with darkness for backgrounds and most of the lovers being forbidden in nature. Mona made her way back up to the library, opening the double doors and heading back towards the armchairs.
"What kind of novels do you like?" She asked as she scanned a finger over the collection of novels, both old and new. Jesse could see a scruffy teenager at the other end of the room, peeking from behind one of the bookshelves. He had blond hair, a goatee and a green hoodie. He seemed frightened of Mona's presence and hid as soon as Jesse looked directly at him.

"Oh, I like...uh...romance novels, supernatural novels, mystery books. Those kind of things. Anything dealing with the occult is pretty interesting.."

She murmured once they were near the armchairs. She had been distracted by the painting scenes but was now distracted by the teenager who seemed to be hiding in the back. She didn't think anyone else was here and so she raised her hand to wave him over when he disappeared from her sight when she looked at him directly. She turned her head slightly and saw him creep back out of his hiding space.

"Hey, you over there! Who are you?"

She asked the boy. She wasn't sure if he was alive or not because he looked extremely solid and well, alive.

Mona jumped a bit at the call.
"Keep your voice down, hon." She smiled uneasily as she pulled out an old investigation novel that she had written. Yet, it ocurred to her that she had been published in the fifties, and this would probably break her cover. Mona slid it back inside and pulled out Bram Stoker's Dracula. A first edition copy, with a signature from the author.
"Here we go." She smiled fondly at it and handed the old leather bound novel to Jesse.
The boy remained hidden now that someone had actually seen him.

"Sorry.."

She muttered with a soft blush. Could Mona not see him? She gulped. Oh boy, not another ghost. She smiled at her aunt when she was given the novel. Jesse looked back near the edge of the bookshelf that the kid was at and couldn't see him. She frowned in the slightest before she looked back at her aunt.

"Thanks. I like this one."

Mona headed over to one of the armchairs and sat down, crossing her legs as she stared at the pale moon, at its fullest in the dim sky. She crossed her arms under her small chest and reflected upon her glory days in the 30's and 40's. Being a lesbian just for the hell of it. Making her adoptive parents go mad with rage and confusion. Without her knowing, her thoughts were open to Jesse's interpretation and reading. Her features were highlighted by the moon, making her look bold and sculpted.

Jesse was about to say something when she realized her aunt wasn't speaking. She blinked a moment at her aunt, her mouth staying closed despite her shock. Her aunt, a lesbian for fun?! She would have never believed it if she hadn't been able to hear the woman's thoughts. But, the timing seemed off. She had to be joking about the time stamp she had put on those days. She studied her aunt a moment, the book neglected as she watched the woman in the pale moonlight. There was more to her aunt than she was letting on and that was when she felt it. She felt as though she was looking at a predator through a glass box. She didn't understand the feeling but it wouldn't leave her either. But Jesse was good at hiding her real feelings when it was necessary and so she went back to the book as though nothing had interrupted her view of what her aunt was like.

"Any boyfriends I should know about?" She asked as she watched a brown fox snoop around the trees near the mansion. It nimbly trotted up the steps and examined the door before dashing back between the trees. Mona rose, feeling the burning hunger dominate her for a second.
"I need to step out for a bit, you'll be fine, right?" She smiled softly down at the girl.

"No, Aunt."

Jesse said with a soft smile as she continued to read her book. She, of course, hadn't seen the fox because her nose was stuck in the book. However, she looked up when she saw Mona rise and ask if she would be all right if the other stepped out for a moment.

"Of course. I'm not a little kid anymore."

She said with a soft smile that showed that she was just being sarcastic, knowing full-well that her aunt would be worried about her safety. Besides, if her aunt stepped out a moment, she might be able to go find that kid.

Mona nodded and began to exit the library, her lovely bottom swaying behind her as she proceeded through the double doors and closed them behind herself.
The Teenager moved through the bookshelves, "Shakespeare... Shakespeare..." He muttered to himself, his hands in his hoodie pockets and My Chemical Romance playing through the small earbuds. The boy's expression was lost, distracted. As if he had made a routine of this and couldn't get out of it. Forcing his mind to shut down to preserve its sanity.

Downstairs, she could hear the sound of the grand door opening and closing, long after Mona had left. Perhaps it was Eros arriving.

Jesse rose quietly from her chair and moved towards the young boy. There were many classifications of ghosts, like those stuck on repeat and went through the same routine every day until they ran out of energy. And this boy seemed to be the type, but he had moved when she had looked at him, so perhaps only part of him was stuck. Ghosts were tied to places, after all. As she stepped closer to him, she spoke quietly.

"Hello...what is your name?"

It was then that she heard the door open and then shut from way downstairs. Perhaps it was Eros and not the freaky guy from earlier. She didn't plan on finding out, however, until she spoke with the ghost.

"Mona? Quit acting silly." He looked at Jesse and gave a soft, uneased smile. His eyes were definitely vacant. Looking more transparent than the rest of him.

"I'm not Mona..My name is Jesse."

She said quietly as she noticed the way his eyes looked. From here, it was easy to tell that he was in fact a ghost. But why was a ghost hanging around here? Ghosts were only caused by extremely traumatic deaths or if they were utterly attached to the place they died in. This was going to bother her for a long time. She bit her lip as she spoke quietly.

"What are you looking for?"

"Huh... You must be Mona's sister or something." He chuckled softly and let out a low sigh, "Well uh... Your sister said I should read some Shakespeare, so I'm looking for it. I'd rather read The Vampire Lestat again, but she gets really peeved whenever I do that." The Teenager continued looking through the bookshelf, pulling out a manuscript of Hamlet, meant for drama. After looking at the weird formatting he slid it back in. Though the script had always remained in place as if he hadn't touched it. And his hands were empty when he was supposedly shifting through it.

"Mona is my aunt. I could help you find some Shakespeare if you would like?"

She offered as she watched his movements. She saw him pick up a somewhat ghostly version of the book he had selected, like a translucent skeleton of the actual book. It didn't bother her in the least like it would normal people. But it did make her wonder how Aunt Mona could see him. It didn't seem like she could, but ghosts hardly had any reason to lie unless they were protecting something. Thinking about it, she questioned the ghost gently. Some got touchy if you asked too many questions.

"How do you know Mona?"

"Oh... Man..." He chortled, grinning as he continued scanning the bookshelf, "Well... I was at the Hard Rock, right? And Mona was the lead singer on this cover band. After the show I came up to her and before I could open my mouth she started making out with me. A month later, I'm here." He said as he grabbed a spectral version of a book that was no longer there, examining it before sliding it back in.

"How long ago was this?"

She asked, looking clearly shocked. She hadn't expected that from her aunt. And Mona had never told her she was a singer, from what she could remember. That was a little bothersome, especially since the kid was a ghost. She bit her lip as she leaned against a bookshelf, staring at the boy as he went through spectral book after spectral book.

"It was... New years, give or take. Nineteen eighty two. Speaking of which, your aunt doesn't have electricity." He frowned.
(RAWRRR MY POSTS ARE SO SHORT.)

[XD It's okay.]

Jesse frowned at the statement the boy made about the year he was brought to this place. It was strange, She hadn't even been born then. She had been born a few years later. But the teenager looked younger than she did and she was twenty-two. So he couldn't have been very old. This was weird. It made her wonder how he died. She smiled lightly at the electricity comment and shrugged.

"I guess she is old-fashioned."

She stopped herself from asking how he died, but she knew she would ask it sooner or later. She hoped he wouldn't freak out like some ghosts. Some didn't know they were dead.

"A little. Oh, here's one. Mona?" His head flicked in the direction opposite of Jesse and smiled softly, "I can't seem to find it." He said to nothing in particular.
"Jesse?" A soft, velvety male voice said from one end of the library, ringing throughout it effortlessly. The ghost faded away, frightened by the presence of the man.
Eros made his way through the rows, the heels of his fine Italian loafers clicking against the wood. He was a man of tall stature, with short black hair, icy blue eyes and a slightly muscled form. He wore brown, pinstriped trousers, a matching suit and a Capone hat. He looked more like a cast member of a play set in the 50's than a Californian man.
"Ah, Jesse, so good to meet you." He said as he appeared before her, walking over to the girl and holding out his firm hand. If she brought him into the moonlight, she would see his cheeks had a translucent texture to them. The effect of a blizzard going on within them, snow sticking to the underside of the skin and moving away from the wind.

Jesse jumped a bit when she heard someone call her name and watched as the boy vanished. She still didn't know his name or how exactly he ended up in his current and permanent state. She heard the man walking towards her and she peeked out of the row she was in to get a look at him. He was taller than her, but that was to be expected. However, he was rather handsome and blushed slightly as she blinked. Her aunt sure knew how to pick her men. Even if he looked like he was a part of the mafia or something. She heard him speak and hold out his hand, which she took while looking up at him. He had that same pallor as her aunt: a little too pale, but still beautiful looking.

"You must be Eros."

She said with a kind smile. She hadn't expected him to show up while her aunt was out, but the two did live together, so it wasn't like they needed to be around each other all the time or anything like that. She found her thoughts were rambling and she slowed down her mind's mental gears.

Eros nodded slowly, removing his hat and holding it one hand. While he shook her's with the other. As soon as his eyes met her's she had the sensation of her own pupils being pried open, his gaze shooting into her and judging her very soul. Eros' expression remained neutral, despite what face she may have been making. He took a step back from her, apparently caught off guard by something.
"Well, I'm the one who needed to put up with your aunt's constant ramblings of you." He said with an amused smirk as he moved over to one of the arm chairs, gesturing for her to sit. A black cat followed behind him stealthily, attempting to remain out of sight and out of moonlight. As she perched herself atop the bookshelf, her bright green eyes accidentally mirrored the moonlight like two beacons.

Back
Top Bottom