Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Terminal Vampirism...[Den of the Damned]

Hahvoc The Decepticon

Singularity
Jesse was a little freaked out by the dark-skinned man who could probably break her in half with his pinky. He was rather scary but the young woman wouldn't let it bother her in the least. The ride and the walk had been brutal on her heeled feet, but she could handle it. She had the strange inkling that she shouldn't show weakness around such an intimidating guy. The air port was rather busy and it was giving the psychic a headache to be around so many people. However, she simply shook it off and walked up to the intimidating man with a light smile as she tucked a strand of her dark red hair behind her ear.

"Hello, I'm Jesse...you are here to pick me up?"

She asked hesitantly but still with confidence. She hefted up her bag on her shoulder as she clung to the handle of her luggage bag. She eyed the man in assessment rather than in lust since he was too freakin' scary for her to be considered handsome.​

He spoke in a deep, booming voice, "Yes. Ms. Mayfair insisted that you head straight for the manor." He said as he took her bags, having to shake it a bit to pry her hand loose before heading through the sliding glass doors. The Man loaded the bags into the trunk of a limosuine and stepped into the front seat before beginning to drive out once she was inside. It had been loaded with all the luxuries, and seemed to be far from a rental. Complete with a plasma television, satellite TV, a small collection of movies, red velvet seating and an ice box with a bottle of Monet inside.

"Manor..?"

She asked lightly, more to herself than the scary giant on steroids. She gave up her luggage to him, making him work for it since she wasn't inclined to trust him even if Aunt Mona did. She was a little surprised at the limo, but didn't protest or say much about it as she slipped inside and gasped in awe at the luxury. She wasn't a spoiled child and knew that it was costly to be in the limousine, but she wouldn't complain about it either. She felt the car begin to move and she leaned into the leather seats, enjoying the comfort. Seeing the Monet, she poured herself a small glass and took small sips. She was a little hesitant about drinking it, but it was put here for someone to drink and she was the only one who could. Drink in hand, Jesse enjoyed the ride to the Mayfair Manor.

Mona's letters had begun when she was in high school, ironically when she was going through something of a difficult phase. The Queen Bees had inexplicably become worst than ever and set their sights upon the svelte young redhead. She found refuge in novels, more specifically Interview with the Vampire and its spiritual successor, The Vampire Lestat the latter having been written by the unstoppable rock star who was taking the world by storm. The TV had only been on for five minutes and already one of his music videos was playing. Those Who Must Be Kept.
Over the low, sensual moans of his singing (sounding like a young Bruce Springsteen) she would be able to hear the hustle and bustle of a northern Californian city. It was an eclectic mix between the artsy, strange pace of Seattle and the disorganized, aimless structure of any mid-western city. The limo headed through an impossible path, the modified shocks and hydraulics making the ride feel tolerable. The streets were abandoned for a dirt road and rows and rows of trees. She could see a ridge of the Rocky Mountains through the sunroof.

Jesse relaxed as she listened to the sounds that existed outside of the limousine. They ranged in sound but she soon focused on Lestat's image. Adjusting the hem of her black, corset style, tank-top, she sighed lightly as she finished off her drink. She didn't want to be drunk when she arrived so she stayed away from having a second glass and chose a bottle of water from the mini bar. It was pleasant in the car but she had a certainly habit of needing to know what time it was. She checked her watch before she spoke loud enough for the driver to hear her.

"Hello? Do you know how much farther it is to the Manor?"

She waited patiently for a response.

"We're here, miss." The man said as he stepped out of the front seat and headed to the back, pulling out two bags and closing the trunk with his elbow before heading over to her and opening the door. Heading up to the manor, he pulled out an old style key and unlocked the door.
It was a huge mansion, built not long before the dark ages and having only one other owner. It was built into the side of the mountain, most of the rooms intricately carved out of the same rock. A true marvel of architecture, as it held all of the luxuries of stone palaces but was carved from nature's bosom.
He guided her through the hallways. There was no electricity, just fireplaces and gas lamps.
"Ms. Mona should be arriving tonight, she wanted you to know that the library is on the second floor, the only room with double doors." He explained as he headed up to the fourth floor and guided her to a bedroom that was at the front of the mansion. Giving her a rather lovely view of the treetops. The Man left the bags by her door and handed her the master key.

"Oh...okay."

She said shyly as the car stopped and her door opened, with the strange man holding her bags. She followed him out and up to the Manor, marveling at the beauty of the old structure. Simply stunning. She sighed lightly in content at the landscape surrounding it and the view from the stairs. When she entered the house, she was slightly surprised at the lack of electricity, but found it rather enticing that it lacked what was so common nowadays. But the place was huge and she felt tiny in the Manor, like a specter in a cemetery. She might have been welcomed, but it didn't mean she felt like she belonged, exactly. But her attention was grabbed by the booming, loud voice of the dark man who had yet to tell her his name.

"All right, thank you."

She uttered softly, still in awe at the marvels that surrounded her. She followed him up the steps to her bedroom and smiled brightly at the view from her windows. Amazing! Completely amazing. She felt almost like a princess in this place. She moved back to the door where her luggage was left and thanked the man again as he handed her the master key, which was beautifully crafted like the rest of the place. Moving her bags over to her bed, she considered unpacking until the thought of going to the library struck. Smiling lightly, she headed down to the second floor and walked into the library: the only room with the double doors, as the man had stated.

It was positively massive. Ressembling the libraries of Middle Eastern Monks during the Dark Ages. Its ceiling reached up all the way to the fourth floor, with stairs leading up to the balconies full of bookshelves. Every book imaginable was crammed into the shelves, from old volumes, to historical documents, to contemporary books, to biographies, to novels. The main attraction of it were the two, super tall windows, with their wrought iron frame and the thin glass. Two arm chairs were set up at either side, meant to allow the pale moonlight to illuminate the pages.

Mona would not arrive until such moonlight shone through the windows, leaving the huge manor and library in Jesse's possession.

Jesse strolled through the library for awhile, checking out the sections of books until she came upon a volume that had no title and was bound in black leather with gold trim. It was beautiful and she knew it was old, but the condition it was in was astonishing. Picking up the volume, she moved over to one of the tables and flipped it open. The handwriting was beautiful and flowing in dark red ink. All it said on the inside page was "The Histories" which caused her to ponder on reading it. Too curious not to, Jesse flipped open to the first page and began to read, easily getting entranced by the words.

Hours passed, yet they felt like minutes as she scrolled through anecdotes and tales going as far back as pre-pyramidic Egypt. The tale of a devil-boy named Anubis, later followed by the forming of a strange harem, who submitted wholly to their vampiric queen. Those Who Must Be Kept came to mind. It was grotesque, ugly even yet alluring in a manner that only vampires could get away with.
...But I deviate- The script was victorian in nature, too grandiose and elaborate to be written by someone from this day and age, -Akasha was not kind to her cult, as was she not kind to anyone else. It was her penchant for random destruction and sheer chaos which kept me in line as nothing more than a musician. Written in the side, in a more subtle and modern handwriting, was:
She reminds me of this Vampire Lestat in a way. It was not that she had a penchant for destruction, but that she was a spoiled brat. Who's favorite toy seemed to be the minds of others and the destruction of their possessions.

Mona smiled softly as she watched her niece. Jesse had never seen the woman in her life, and Mona felt slightly fearful that she would frighten the girl. Her white hair, strange eyes and gaunt face were not the most inviting. Regardless, she came up behind Jesse and silkily slipped her slender fingers around her shoulders.
"Ah, you've finally arrived." She spoke in a voice that was clear as bells. Every syllable perfectly pronounced, not an error in her words. Her luminous, lovely skin was brightened by the pale moonlight shining down on her. Her hair almost seeming translucent.

Jesse had been extremely intent on learning the nature of the text, unsure exactly what the words meant. Who exactly was Akasha? And how was Lestat's name in this book? She pondered it a moment and turned a page, seeing a picture of a beautifully carved statue of a woman with the name Akasha, underneath. She stared in awe until she felt a pair of hands on her shoulders and softly spoken words. She jumped so high and fast that the chair knocked over as she screamed.

"WHOA! WHAT THE HELL!"

Turning around, she took in a few deep breaths to calm her racing heart as she stared at the woman before her. She had no idea who it was, but she assumed it was her Aunt Mona. As she recalled the words, she calmed down a little more and took in the woman's strange appearance. She was almost...heavenly in appearance but with a dark edge. Beautiful like an albino serpent. She felt tears begin to string her eyes as she went to her aunt and wrapped her arms about her.

"Aunt Mona..."

Mona was cold, freezing actually. Yet, despite her body temperature, she was dressed in a thin hoodie and a pair of jeans. She smiled softly and took Jesse into her slender arms, giving her an icy peck on the cheek. The feel of her small breasts and her slender frame sent gentle vibrations of pleasure through Jesse, yet it was welcoming.
"No need to cry yet, hon." She purred softly as she brushed the tears away with her thumb and gave a gentle smile. Mona sighed softly, "You're just as I pictured you. You have your mother's eyes." Her smile became sad, nostalgic.
"Stop crying, what's wrong?" She said as if Jesse had seen her every other week day. Mona knelt down slightly so that she was at Jesse's level, her face becoming a sharp expression of warm questioning.

Jesse couldn't believe how cold Mona was, but she ignored it for the fact that she was so happy to see her Aunt after all these years. She had saved her life without realizing it, probably. She sniffed a little when Aunt wiped the tears from her eyes and told her she had her mother's eyes. It made her smile a little when she heard that. She pulled away a moment to gather her bearings as she shook her head a little as a few tears continued to escape.

"I-it's nothing...I'm just..s-so happy."

Jesse stuttered out as she felt herself getting close to sobbing. She sniffled lightly as she reached out to embrace her Aunt again. She managed not to sob out like a little baby as she spoke again.

"I'm so happy to see you at last."

Mona approached the book Jesse had been reading and picked it up, chuckling softly and closing it, her mouth curled into an unintentionally sensual expression. She slid it back into the space in the shelf and looked back at Jesse, "Come, I brought some help with me and you look famished." She said as she guided Jesse out of the library and towards the hall. Mona felt somewhat nervous, the prominent muscles in her back tensing under her hoodie.
The woman had a lovely bottom that seemed to compensate for her lack of bust, as if her striking appearance were not enough. She headed into the grandiose dining room on the first floor where the help was already setting up the table. Mona smiled at them, prompting the two maids to quickly shuffle out and leave Jesse alone with her aunt.
"So, I want to hear everything about you. Your letters were a bit too poetic and I haven't heard anything about the real Jesse."

Wiping away her tears, Jesse put on a smile, fixing herself up without a mirror. She smiled at her aunt but gave her a questioning look about being hungry until her stomach growled in the quiet of the library. She blushed lightly from embarrassment before she was guided out of the library. Reaching the first floor, Jesse blinked in silent awe at the beauty of the dining room before she snapped out of her daze as her aunt spoke. She seated herself as her aunt did and waited for the food to arrive. She drank her glass of water and blushed in the slightest at her aunt's words.

"Well, Aunt Mona...I'm just..me."

She laughed a little nervously though it was light and airy. How was she to describe herself? She wasn't sure what to say. She tucked a strand of red hair behind her pierced ears as she shrugged slightly.

"What is it you wish to know? I need some starting point."

She smiled lightly.

The dining room was cream colored, square and orderly. Roman style columns were carved into the rock, working as a frame of sorts for the pieces of fine, realistic art. Most of them seemed to be recent pieces, judging by the glum colors and strange shading. Mona smiled softly as the scent of shrimp and guacamole hit her nose. She had made a list of Jesse's favorite meals, and ordered that they be cooked for her as she demanded. The albino woman shifted a bit and leaned forwards in the chair, putting a hand on Jesse's and beginning to stroke and feel it.
"Well, do you have any tattoos? Men you want to complain about? What kind of music do you like?" She asked, the natural eyeshadow she possessed seeming to darken from her playful expression.

"I have a few tattoos.."

She said vaguely. She couldn't really smell anything from the kitchen yet, but knew they were making excellent food. The place was really nice so of course the food would be great, too. She smiled lightly at her aunt's second and last question. She shook her head at the former and thought over the latter. She liked a lot of different music and couldn't really pinpoint any favorites, but she could choose genres.

"I like rock music and some metal music...but I like classical and soft music like that as well. Oh! I like the music that Lestat makes."

She said with a delicate blush. She had a small crush on the rock singer even if she knew she might never meet him or anything of that sort.

"But what about you, Aunt? You don't live alone in this house, right?"

Mona slid back the sleeve of her hoodie to reveal an ankh tattoo on her right arm. The ink seemed odd, and it was merely an outline of the ankh. In fact, it looked as if it were under her skin rather than painted onto it. She was about to reveal the ravens on her back when the word Lestat was mentioned. Mona sat back down, frowning but quickly easing back to her regular, cheerful disposition.
"Lestat... Well, he has plenty of talent. But he's a bit too... Wild for my taste." She controlled her breaths. Mona detested Lestat, with every fiber of her being. The last thing she wanted was to be banished as the family's keeper of records. Every generation of the Mayfairs had their own keeper of records. The individual who planned reunions, prepared trips, kept people in contact. It was strenuous work, but then again Mona never felt fatigue.
"No, not at all." She said to the question, "Eros lives with me, lovely man he is." Her eyes sparkled with adoration for a moment, "But I don't live here. This is my retreat." Mona walked to the mantle and started a fire, becoming rather aggravated with the unsatisfactory glow of the gas lamp. Furthermore, it was getting plenty cold in the room.

"Wow..that's so pretty.."

Jesse murmured as she stared at the tattoo. It was pretty in its strange uniqueness. She noticed her aunt's frown but thought she had imagined it as she went back to her gently cheery demeanor. She tilted her head as she listened to her aunt speak about Lestat and she shrugged. She knew a lot of people thought Lestat to be wild, and maybe that was why she was attracted to his music...and the man himself. She blinked as her aunt spoke about Eros and she had to ask who he was.

"Who is Eros? That big scary guy?"

She said in a hushed tone as if the man might appear if she spoke too loudly. She stared at her aunt in shock a moment at the fact that this place was a retreat and not her home.

"So, am I going to be here by myself?"

She turned in her chair to see her aunt start the fire and she couldn't help but smile. She was very curious about her aunt and wondered if she really was going to be by herself in the big house. It was depressing to think about being all alone.

"Hm? No. Eros is more of a thin man, but some consider him to be rather fearsome." She paused for a moment, her jaw tensing as she held the matches in her hand. Combustible blood. What a curse. Mona stared at the kerosene-coated logs and finally lit the match before taking a step back and tossing it inside. The logs quickly caught fire, the blue flames spreading throughout and consuming the kerosene before easing into their natural yellow shade. Mona returned to her seat, pleased to find that the maids were already beginning to serve the evi makki sushi.
Mona picked up the stainless steel chopsticks and gave the practiced illusion that she ate, tossing sushi into the fire whenever Jesse paid attention to her own meal.
"We'll just be spending the summer with you. You have to go back to college, correct?"

"Oh, thank god."

She said with an exasperated sigh. She was glad that that guy wasn't Eros because he seemed too much for her aunt to handle. She smiled lightly as she heard about what Eros actually looked like. She was about to ask her aunt if something was wrong until she came back to the table and the food was served. She smiled in happy delight at the food before her and thanked her aunt before she picked up her chopsticks and dug in. She was careful with how she ate so she didn't seem like a cow. Hearing about college, she swallowed and took a sip of water before she spoke.

"Uh, yes, I have to go back to college. But I'd rather think about summer first and then college."

She smiled lightly as she took another bite of her delicious food, loving the taste.

"Uhm... Excuse me..." She gestured one of the employees over and ordered some green tea. Mona used to have the terrible habit of snapping or scolding the help if they didn't follow her precise orders. But after her death, and subsequent rebirth, she felt sorry for the human condition and acknowledged it more. A constant guilt weighed on her. But her persistent and strong psyche maintained her mind in tip top shape despite this.
"Well, we could go hiking, mountain climbing. Especially during the nighttime. The sun is absolutely unbearable this time of day. I used to be an actress when I was your age. We could do theater." She smirked softly, stopping before she fell into excited rambling. Mona had to admit she was a bit giddy herself. The glitter pen and Hello Kitty stationary from when Jesse was thirteen amused her to no end. She even kept the letters for the pure aesthetic of it. As soon as Jesse started drawing wasabi on the sushi, Mona tossed two more rolls into the fire.

"This is so good..."

She murmured as she took a big bite and finished off another roll. She was getting close to being full, but she didn't want to stop eating. It was just too good to let go to waste. She listened to her aunt list things off that they could do together and she wasn't sure about all the climbing and hiking. She didn't mind hiking, but the mountain climbing was out of her league. Theater sounded fun and she smiled after she had swallowed some water to wash down her food. She popped one last roll in her mouth before she declared herself full and finished the rest of her water.

"I think hiking would sound fun. When could we do that?"

"If we find a path." She chuckled softly, having finished tossing the rolls away. They were soon presented with steaming cups of green tea. Mona immediately brought it to her lips and took a long sip, seeming warmed and pleased at it. One felt as if they were covered in frost, and the tea made it crack and slide off the hard skin. She put it back down, her movements unnaturally graceful and liquid.
If only I had some blood... She sighed softly, too low for human ears to hear. But it was as much mental as it was physical. Mona rose from the table, sliding her chair near the fireplace and inviting Jesse over.

She sipped her tea and sighed lightly in content. It was the best day of her life, to be honest. She was spending time with her aunt and enjoying good food. It was relaxing and not at all stressful. She loved her aunt and was glad that the woman loved her back. She swore she heard something, more like in her mind than anything else, but it had been so low that she wasn't sure she had heard anything at all. She moved her chair next to her aunt's when it was moved and sipped her tea slowly.

"This is nice...It's wonderful meeting you after all this time."

She smiled towards the flames as they danced and moved about.

Back
Top Bottom