Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bartender to Space Adventurer?! (w/amaya)

Hearing Renee say what experience she had with fight made Cisco laugh a bit. Then hearing her say 'why' made him knew what was next. He put his hands together and cracked the knuckles. "Let's see what you got." Cisco said with a smirk on his face. Ghost was shocked and started floating around them. "W-wait, do you think that's a little much. She could get hurt." Cisco looked at Ghost. "She could get hurt yeah, but if she get's in a fight with someone else, then she's gonna be more than hurt." Cisco walked to the counter with the launcher and placed it back on the rack while explaining what they were gonna do. "Of course I'm not going straight up deck your face. But show you some grapples, some holds, and see how good is your punch." Cisco pressed a button and the weapons were back behind the wall. He clapped his hands together and lead her out the range in into the main deck of the ship. Taking his cloak off and setting it aside he started stretching his arms and legs. "Come on Rookie, I bet you got some stress to relieve." Cisco was teasing her, wanting to know how much of a punch she has. Ghost was trailing off about how he wanted no fighting. Ghost seems to want no violence but he can't do much about it since he knew Cisco was right.

Renee took two steps backward as she watched Cisco cracking his knuckles. Her first thought was to run away. She looked around to find the exit. She had fun until now. None would blame her if she returned in Ghost making drinks for the rest of her life. "It was nice to meet you all. I think it's time for me to leave," she said in her defense after Cisco implied that they should give it a try. She followed Cisco around trying to convince him she was not born to fight. "Cisco, I can hardly manage my balance. I have never fought. Damn, I have never even been in an oral fight before. And you want me..." she pointed at herself "to attack you?" She looked at Ghost laughing awkwardly "Does he really want me to fight him?" It took Renee a few moments to accept that Cisco was actually suggesting they would fight. "You better not touch my face!" she warned him seriously. She looked at her hand and tried to form a punch and she felt ridiculous. The strange thing was, even if she complained a lot and refused to fight, she followed him. She walked with him out of the range and into the main deck. Her steps were slow and she seemed really bothered. She stayed far away, as he was taking off his cloak. "I have a lot of stress to relieve. But not like that," she uttered clearly. After a few more complains she walked towards the middle of the deck and faced him. "So what now? You want me to attack you?" she asked confused. She pivoted quickly on her right foot to draw her left side backward and rose her fists. She still felt silly doing that. "Fine! But if you get hurt, don't blame me!" she gave him a fake threat. Next, she put all her weight on her right foot taking two steps forward and as the third step reached the ground she lifted her arm on the air aiming straight forward at his face. The attack seemed solid. However, as Renee lifted her left foot forward both of her legs tangled and she ended up smashing against the ground on her face. She remained to gaze the ground as she hit her fists against the ground in frustration of her luck today.​

Cisco nodded at her when Renee asked if he was serious or if she was going to punch him. He teased her making it sound like this was going to be an actual fight but in his mind he was going to dodge her attacks. Standing across from her he put his hands up. "I know, I won't hit you too hard." He said. Cisco was waiting for her to attack, notice the silly stance she was forming. He rolled his eyes. "Come on, just hit me." Cisco saw Renee go for the punch, but instead of blocking or countering, he put his hands behind his back and stepped aside as she fell to the ground for the second time of the day. And of course Cisco was laughing to himself at the fall, but it was a short laugh before kneeling down. "Good weight, but keep your leg in front planted and only turn your body and your leg behind. It's all about the turn and your shoulders to throw a good punch." Cisco helped her up and looked at her. "Hey, let's try again." Cisco went next to her this time. "Do what I do, hands up, leg back, eyes forward, and as you punch you turn your waist and your back leg on your toes." He was explaining a punch to Renee, slowly going through the motions right next to her. Ghost was relieved that no damage was made again. As he saw Cisco showing her side by side how to throw a punch, he eased up a bit thinking that it's still basics. There was no real firefighting with the guns or a straight up boxing match with this.

Everything happened so fast, she couldn't recall what went wrong as she hit the ground. This time she felt more embarrassed and fired up to fight with the well-known adventurer. She rolled her eyes as she heard him laughing, biting her lower lip nervously. She accepted his help and stood up, rubbing the dust away from her pants. "Again!?" she sighed and nodded. She turned her face and looked at him as he was now standing next to her. She lifted her hands up trying to mimic his actions. She placed her leg back and tried to form a fake punch by twisting her waist. She tried that stand for a few times, slowly founding her low center of gravity as she moved like that. After a few tries, she turned and faced him "Let's give it a try! Maybe you deserve a punch today!" the Bartender voiced up. She stood now against him and she looked a bit more determined to fight him.​

Cisco watched as she was getting better at her form. And when Renee turned to him and asked to try again with a remark of him deserving a punch, Cisco laughed. "Ha, bet you can't hit me." He said as he prepared himself. Not confident in her ability to land a punch, Cisco's risk taking side came up. "How about a wager? If you can punch me riiiight here," Cisco pointed to his cheek, "then I'll get you one thing that you want from the market. But if you can't hit me in the next ten punches, you got to clean the firing range." Cisco smirked at Renee, his cockiness showing. Ghost shook his body and sighed, "Why does it have to be a bet?" Said Ghost. Cisco got ready for Renee to make the first punch. "So you in, Rookie?"

Of course, the bartender knew she was not a match for Cisco. She never had seen him fight but she had heard the stories. But small sparkle had lit inside her and she seemed to want to fight him. She narrowed her eyes looking just a bit confident than before. "Though ... I might hit you!" she barked back. Renee lifted an eyebrow as he pointed at his cheek and heard him placing a bet. She gave him a smirk and nodded "Fair enough. I am in! But don't you dare take the offer back. Because I'll punch you." she said winking at him with confidence. Renee pointed her finger to Ghost "You make sure he will keep his promise." Renee said loudly and clearly. She took a step forward. Renee scoped out her surroundings from where Cisco was standing to her. The hit came a lot quicker than she'd expected. It was a stern blow to his face. Apparently the planned that she made on her mind found ground. It seemed if the newbie was provoked she abilities were more focused. If her punch would be successful it would hit Cicso close to the cheek. Else if he managed to dodge it she would only punch through the air.​

Cisco narrowed his eyes at Renee, looking straight as he placed his hands behind his back. Seeing the determined and provoked newbie throw a punch at his, it was close but not impact. "One." Another punched was followed along with another. They were getting faster to Cisco's surprised. "Two..Three...Come on what are you scared?" Cisco said provoking her more. More punches were thrown, Cisco started to step back more and more. He was having fun taunting Renee more. But as the seventh punch was coming, Cisco stepped back but stepped on a bullet shell that rolled out of the firing range door. It cause him to stumble a bit but that was enough to throw him off and got a fist right at his face. His head thrown at the direction the punch sent him and stayed there for a second. He then started laughing. Rubbing his cheek as he laughed and chuckled. He was baffled that he got hit because he tripped on a bullet shell. "Hahaha well damn. You actually got me Rookie." He said as he ribbed his cheek. It was a bit red from where the punch was landed. "And well, you got speed but not so much power in your punch. At least not for me heheh." He chuckled and sighed. "Well I lost the bet. What do you want, a comb, a fancy necklace?" Cisco wasn't sure what she'll ask him.

The first punched never touched Cisco, as he was fast and accurate in his moves. That fired the newbie even more. She didn't pause she stroke the second punch and then the third. She was getting only more irritated and tried harder. She cast a deadly glance towards him and blew one more punch stronger than the other. But she missed hitting him again and again. Though when the seventh punch was about to kick off it actually hit him. Renee froze with her punch placed against his cheek. She eventually pulled her hand away and looked at her fist tilting her head confused. Then she looked at his red cheek. The newbie had not noticed that Cisco stumble against a bullet and that made him lose. She rubbed her head confused showing she was not expecting to win. "Eh!" was her first reaction showing how confused she was as well. Though she tried to fake an attitude. "Of course I did! I told you so!" she said. Renee thought about what she wanted. Honestly, if it was a day before she wouldn't want anything. But after visiting Hana's shop she wanted that expensive attire. "Well!" she said gazing a Ghost and then back at Cisco "There is something I want. But I don't know if you could afford it!" she said. "It's an outfit from Hana's shop." she informed him "But it's too expensive." She smiled at him and looked at the time. "I have to go back to Ghost. It's already late. But this isn't over I own you three more punches!" she placed her fake threat again. "Make sure you come over with Ghost, Dinner is my treat!" she told him. She cast a glance at Ghost as she wanted to ask him if he recorded the fight for her to see later. It still seemed unbelievable that she managed to punch him.​

Cisco and Ghost watched as Renee talked quite loudly in the fact that she won the bet. Listening to the request and watching Renee leave, Cisco nodded at meeting her later and such. He wasn't listening much but Ghost got every word of it. Once Renee left, Ghost looked at Cisco and asked, "Did you let her punch you?" Cisco scoffed, "Of course not, but I would've won if that casing wasn't there." He sighs and gets his act together. Looking at the time, the market will close in a few hours. "Well, I'll clean that damn range later. Let's go pay that bet I owed. What was it, a shirt?" Ghost sighed, "Agh, it's a suit. And she said it's expensive. Probably can't pay for it." Cisco laughed. "Hah, with the money I made from those trades, I can buy a whole new ship." With that said, Cisco got his cape and opened one of his caches hidden in his shipped and equipped his personal hand cannon. "Do we really need that?" Asked Ghost. Cisco shrugged as he put it in his holster. "Don't know, but gotta be prepared for any stupidity. Already got punched." Ghost laughed a bit, blinking his light. "Heheh, I think you had it coming." Ghost laughed and Cisco waved at him. "Yeah, yeah. But her training is gonna make her wish she'd hit me with a sword." Cisco chuckled and Ghost sighed. They both left the ship and headed to the market.

The market was not so busy as of the moment since it was going to close up the shops soon. "So what was the name of the lady who sold that suit?" Cisco asked to Ghost. Ghost looked through his data base about a vendor named Hana. "Her name is Hana and her shop should be over here. Seem like she specializes in clothes." Cisco nodded and followed Ghost's instructions to get to the shop. Soon he saw the shop and an old lady he assumes is Hana. Walking up to the shop he called out, "So, I heard you had a nice suit for sale. Is that true?" Cisco asked while looking at the wares she has. Ghost was scanning some stuff as the two talked.

The old lady was surprised to see Cisco entering her shop. Of course, she knew who Cisco was. Everyone in this town knew the famous adventurer. Hana smirked β€œIt I is true. Did Renee already tell you? She used to like a similar suit since she was a teen. She would offer me to help cleaning the shop. And I would let her wear it. It was a bit too large for her. But as she grew older fitted her. The child was so cheerful imagining she was some kind of adventurer.” She said and pressed the button opening one of the units to reveal the suit. β€œIt was a special order really expensive. How did the young rebel manage to have you buy it for her,” she smirked. Hanna prepared the suit and talked with Cisco. She recalled how much Renee liked the older suit. But she thought that the new would fit her better.​
She had to admit being trained by Cisco was not easy, but worthy. She already came across things she never imagined she would. From making a hand cannon to firing it. To learn how to will heavy gun. Even hand to hand fighting. And she caught herself enjoying that. The world that Cisco and Ghost showed her seemed dangerous but marvelous at the same time. The only thing that troubled her was she would miss Glenn and Vats. Only one day was left and then she would be gone. She would not work around those too. She would miss them a lot. She reached Ghost with her mind spaced out. She waved at Glenn and Vats informing them that she was back. β€œDid my stuff arrive?” She asked Glenn β€œI hope it wasn’t much trouble. Thank you!” She said and hugged him.​

Last edited:
Cisco heard the shop owner Hana talk about Renee. He had a feeling it would be a suit by someone he knew. "Seems like she wanted to be an adventurer for that long huh? How special are we talking about?" Cisco asked. He brought Ghost over and told him to scan it. A small light projected out of him as he floated up and down the suit. It looked nice to Cisco but how is the quality is what he is wondering. "Ah, lost a bet with her. Now I'm buying a new suit. This better be a good one if it's 'soo' expensive." Ghost finished the scan and explained the material. "The suit is made of sapphire wires, strong yet flexible, plasteel plating on major parts of the chest and legs, and a bit of hadronic essence for high elemental resistant? Wow, this is quite the suit." Ghost was impressed with the quality, as was Cisco since he didn't expect much from a shop out here. "Well, it's a nice suit. Yeah, I'll take it. How much are we talking about?" Cisco looked at the price on it and was taken back a bit. "Damn, that is pricey," Cisco sighs as he reached in his pockets. "But a bet is a bet, she's lucky I'm good for it." The price is almost at a point where it can accumulate enough credit to be worth a few Glimmer, a shiny and rare currency used by adventurers who either earned, found, or stolen this currency. Cisco being a Vanguard adventurer would allow him to get glimmer through his Vanguard bounties. Handing Hana about a couple of blocks of glimmer, small glow of blue light filled her eyes along with some other shop owners. "That should cover it, plus a bit more for surprising me with the quality material. Do you take custom orders quickly? You'r shop has some great stuff. Oh and can I get that in a box?" Cisco hoped to be on this shop owner's good side in case he comes back for some more quality armor. With that said, he got the suit wrapped up nicely and headed out. Couple other shop owners tried to get Cisco's attention but he spent what was needed. He headed towards the bar, looking forward to a good meal.

Back at the bar, Glenn and Vats were busy with adventurers and customers. The bell at the door chimed and Renee waved at Glenn and Vats. "Ah there she is. Yes your items have arrived and it was put away. No, no, it was no trouble at all. Surprising it wasn't heavier with shoes haahah." Glenn joked as he gave her a hug back. "Now, the dinner rush is about to begin. Let's give them a good time." They went to work and served food and drink as usual. Food being served by Vats and drinks being made by Renee as Glenn took orders and delivered the food and drinks. Soon near the end of the dinner rush, and the amount of customers were going down, the door chimed and there was Cisco with a box underneath his arm. Ghost was next to him and saw Renee, he floated towards her. "We're back. I was able to get that footage you wanted. It's all in my memory." Said Ghost. Cisco waved at them and sat at the bar. Putting the box down. "A bet is a bet you lucky brat." He said with a small smirk and a chuckle. "But let's wait until closing for you to go all giddy with your new suit. Oh, and I'll have the usual."

"She wanted to become an adventurer since she was seven or eight. Kids found my shop always an exotic place. We bring the best quality and variety of fabric. The young ones used to show up every week or so to admire what my husband brought back from his own adventure. But Renee was always into spacesuits and specially made outfits. I always said she would be an adventurer one day." the old lady chuckled as she remembered those days when her husband was still alive. She would explain to him in detail about quality the suit was made of, but Ghost already beat her to that. "Your young fellow here answered your question. It has the right amount of sapphire wires and leather. But from the inside, it's secured with silk keeping the skin unharmed and cool." Hana explained as she slowly removed the suit from the hanger and brought it to the front desk. Hana showed him the price. "It's very expensive. Suits like those never get sold. The old one that Renee liked I had it for years. But a year ago an adventurer bought it. This one was a special order by a very rich person he wanted to call himself an adventurer. But he was so rude. I declined to sell it to him. This is one of our finest works. I thought it would never get sold. But I had to thank you for losing your bet." Hana smiled and pulled out of the counter a metallic silver and blue box. She secured the suit inside and closed the box placing it next to the counter. She gazed at Cisco as she received the Glimmer "I guess then the stories about you are true." the old lady said and took the bars of glimmer placing them in a safe. She gave him a small silver membership card "Keep this. If you ever buy anything from our shop you will get the right amount of the discount. As for custom made orders. We do. We are really the best." She said as she watched Cisco take the metallic box leave with Ghost.​
Renee made a funny face at Glenn's comment "They were not filled with shoes. There were filled with books." she corrected him. She stepped into the bar "Let's have the best time." she said as she grabbed the first bottle of beer. Soon Renee was back making drinks. Gleen and Vats were also busy preparing the dishes, take the orders and serve. It lasted for a while, but soon the rush hour was gone and the customers' rate dropped. Renee noted Ghost and Cisco show up. And the little A.I. already informed her that he had the footage of the fight. Renee tapped his head proudly "You are the best. We will watch it when I have some free time. Or can you send it to my inbox? I'll look it from home tonight." she answered. She turned to look at Cisco and then at the large box on the counter. The bartender seemed bewildered as she heard Cisco. "You bought it? Are you crazy?" she stated looking really surprised. "Wow!" she exhaled taken back from his action. She jumped out of the counter and gave him a hug. It was like the bear hugs that Glenn gave. Of course, she couldn't lift up Cisco but it was a strong hug. Then she stepped back and tapped at the metallic box. "Although I am so thankful for this. I cannot keep it. It's way too expensive. " She tried to pull the box from the counter. "Let's take it back. I'll make sure Hana will return your credits."

Cisco was surprised by the hug but at this point in this bar he shouldn't be surprised. He was glad it wasn't Glenn who hugged him. "Easy now, you'll crush me." He said jokingly. Cisco watched as she got excited about the suit but gave a confused look at her wanting to return it since it was so expensive for him. Cisco rolled his eyes and slightly push the box onto Renee. "Hey Rookie, you won a bet. Against me. Of course you got lucky but that's what an adventurer is. Skill, power, and luck. You've got the luck, just gotta work on skill and power." Cisco looked at the box and then back at Renee. "Besides, you'll need this. Trust me. There are stuff out there that my stories can't even describe. You'll need good gear and this is a good start." Glenn was overhearing the conversation that Cisco and Renee were having. Wondering what bet they made and how Renee won against Cisco caught his attention and listened in more after serving some orders. Hearing that she'll need the suit for protection, Glenn agreed with him. "He is right. Good protection helps not only you, but gives me and Vats peace of mind. And hey, if Cisco's buying then I would've ask for new ship Haahaha. Or maybe bar remodel." Cisco chuckled at Glenn's joke. Ghost floated by Renee and gave her a little bump. "Just think of it as a gift, saying welcome aboard partner." Ghost had a little spin with his floating parts as he said partner. He was delighted to have Renee on board. Cisco waved his finger at Ghost. "Not quite. We still have to sign you up as an adventurer and get you your license tomorrow. After that we'll be heading out of this planet and onto your first bounty by the end of the day."

Renee laughed slightly at his comment that she would crush him. She cast him a glance "That was the plan! Haven't Glenn taught you?" she chaffed. Renee stepped back as she tried to outline that it was expensive. She was not used to have someone to buy her anything, especially that expensive. A bet or a gift, the bartender had a hard time accepting it. She noted him pushing back the box towards her and her heart skipped a bit because she really liked that suit. And to manage to refuse it, took her a high amount of effort. "What are you planning to do .... lose another bet to have me get better on power and skills?" she nudged. Renee sighed and walked behind the bar taking the box away and placing it under the counter. She couldn't wait to check the suit later. Renee had finally given in and accepted the gift. She tapped Ghost's head smiling. "Alright! Alright! I'll not disagree any longer!" she said loudly as everyone hence that she would need the suit. She grabbed a bottle of Cisco's favorite and poured him a drink. "Don't worry Glenn..." she gazed at Cisco "the next bet that I'll win he'll pay for remodeling. And the next after that the ship!" she picked a bit at him. Though it didn't last long as he reminded her she had still to sign up as an adventurer and get the license. And harder part was that tomorrow would be the last day she would see Glenn and Vats. She placed the bottle down against the counter "What supporting documents will I need to register?" Renee asked him behaving seriously now. She shared a glance with Glenn looking sad. These few days have been an emotional rollercoaster for her, Glenn and Vats.​

Cisco laughed at the mention of another bet. "Ha I won't go easy on you next time." Renee mentioned what kind of documents were needed for the adventure license. Thinking for a moment about what to bring. "Well, bring your simple documents. Two forms of identification. Normally the process takes a couple years to approve, but since you're with me it'll just take a few hours." Being a Vanguard adventurer has some perks. Cisco is able to put in a recommendation for anyone he thinks is fit to be an adventurer. "Once you're licence is obtained they'll be nothing left for us. So if you're going to throw a goodbye party then tomorrow night would be best." Glenn heard Cisco mention a party, patting him on the back. "We had similar plan, it will be sad to see you go. But we'll be showing you a big smile one more time." Glenn said as he gives Renee a smile. Vats clicked and hiss a bit. "I'll make your favorite, yess. Delicious and large." Ghost looked at Renee, noticing that she was a bit down on leaving. He gave her a small nudge. "We'll be back one day though, so this isn't goodbye forever."

"We'll see!" Renee poked her luck once more "You might not go easy on me. But I might win again!" She turned and faced him as he explained to her what document she would need. She grabbed her phone and kept a note "Two forms of identification. ID Card" she mumbled to herself as she wrote it down on her phone. She stopped writing and cast a glance at Cisco. "Exactly what I would ask you next. I have heard many adventurers saying it took them years to be approved. Then I am lucky I am on your team. What if I was part of a rival team." she said and gazed at Ghost "Imagine that. Scary!" She tilted her head confused looking at Cisco, Glenn, and Vats. "Wait guys! Are we having a goodbye party?" she sniffed a bit surprised and overwhelmed by them. "Just be sure to have many tissues around," she said smiling. Then she turned and faced Ghost "I know Ghost. But it's still a bit hard to deal with. It's my first time away from my home town and the people I think as a family." she explained honestly.​

Glenn nodded when Renee asked that they were going to throw a party. "Yes, back at my home planet we would throw huge party to soldiers leaving home. Big celebration, is tradition for any long voyage. So bar will be closing early tomorrow. Just so we can enjoy the time we have before your voyage." Glenn patted her head, "You've been good to us, both me and Vats are thankful. And we are proud for you chasing your dream." Ghost understood Renee, he would feel sad if he was not going to see Cisco for a long time if there was a point of him helping the bar instead adventuring. Even though they give each other some hard times, they are family just like Renee is Vats and Glenn's family. Glenn clapped his hands together. "Dah, no more talk about leaving. We're still open so let us think of ways to have a party while we work." With that, Glenn went to get more orders. Cisco turned to Renee. "Oh boy, if it's a party Glenn is hosting then there's gonna be lots of food and drinks. Soo many drinks." Cisco started to day dream of the good food and drinks. Ghost notice the Cisco wondered off in his mind he sighed and asked, "Could I help again today?" Floating sided by side as he looked at Renee, almost like showing puppy eyes but as a small floating machine.

Renee leaned against the counter as Glenn told her about his plants about the big party. She smiled thankfully "I just thought it would be a small party between friends. But I'll not fight with you Glenn about it. You are the best when it comes to organizing parties and events. I'll just make sure to show up." She straightened her upper body and tapped Glenn shoulder "Alright! No more sad talks." she agreed with him. She removed her hand as Glenn went to get more orders. She noted Cisco facing her and listened to what he had to say. Renee laughed slightly at his reaction "There will be a lot of eating and drinking. Make sure you are ready for that." Renee accepted Ghost offer "Your help is always needed." She took the next order that Glenn brought. "Let's go make some more drinks," she said and started mixing the next drink. "Is Cisco always that happy about food and drinks? He should have taken Vats with him. There would be always the best meal served." she giggled and cast a glance at him "Now the best thing he can have is drinks."

Cisco snapped back to reality when Renee mentioned that Vats would be better to take. He chuckled a bit. "Heh, true but he already said no. Plus I think I would notice some stuff missing if he was on my ship. And I think that Glenn meant with just us in the party, mostly cause I think we wants to be around you before it's time to go. But oh well, more food for us." Cisco took a swig of his drink and began eating once his order was out. The bar closed as normal and Glenn was sweeping the table, Vats was washing his pots and pans, Ghost was scanning things he didn't get to last time. Cisco looked around at the place. "Must be exhausting running this place. Cleaning is such a chore." Glenn laughed and looked at Cisco. "That would explain how you lost that bet, slipping on bullet. Ha! My little friend, send me that moment. It will be hilarious to the other." Ghost light up a bit in response, agreeing to send the clip. Cisco looked at Glenn and pointed. "Hey hey, let's not get too crazy with embarrassing moments. Fun and games and all but take it easy. You're making me look bad." Glenn and Cisco laughed, seems like those two have a sort of past of their own. Vats finished his cleaning and went out to enjoy on the talk. "Soo, party plans, yesss? Must make Renee's send off enjoyable." Said Vats. Glenn cleared his throat with a cough and nodded. "Ah yes. Since it will be about you, how would you enjoy it? Big and loud or small and close?" Said Glenn.

Renee gestured her hand agreeing with Cisco's observation about Vats. "I think If I had just offered you more food and I would have won easier that bet." She cracked a smile and walked off towards the storage unit. Like every day she wanted to make sure that the bar was filled with drinks and clean glasses. She returned to hear Glenn revealing about the way that actually she won the bet. She almost dropped the cases with the bottles at the ground and walked over pointing at Cisco. "Wait, wait!" she interrupted them. She paused and gazed at Glenn "Ah, the party. I don't mind a small one would be fine. But really you are always better at planning parties. So I will let you figure out the details." she said and tapped his shoulders "Thank you!" she added sharing a smile with Glenn. Then she turned to Cisco again "Wait! I won because of a bullet?" she asked him tiling her head. "I wasn't lucky or even close winning fair!" She sighed "The bet cannot count. If you slipped on a bullet..." she paused trying not to laugh "Even if it sounds silly. It isn't fair. I'll accept the gift as a loan. And eventually, pay for that. Are we clear?" she offered him her hand to make the deal. "Or maybe you lose the bet next time in a fair duel"

Cisco chuckled when Renee was telling the bet wasn't won fairly. Cisco rubbed his cheek where the punch was left from her. "A bet is won, doesn't have to be fair. If I wasn't, you'd be the one with a pretty sore face." Seeing her hand reach out for the agreement of the suit to be a loan. Cisco thought to himself for a second before giving a small smirk. "Sure, with the bounties that we're gonna do. You'll pay off that suit in no time. Lets just see if you can survive though." He said as he took her hand and shook it. Glenn was chuckling to himself seeing the two ramble. Reminded him of Cisco back when he first started. Making note for the party tomorrow Glenn got up and stretched his arms. "Well, it's big day for you tomorrow. You get some rest. Bar will close early so by time you come back, we'll be waiting for you." Cisco yawned a bit. "Yup, still will take a while for that license. The earlier the better but just stop on by when you're not busy." With that said Cisco got up from the stool and headed out the door. Ghost soon followed but not before saying goodnight to them all. "Thanks for letting me help again. Goodnight fellas, I'll see you tomorrow." Ghost was floating backwards towards the door as he said his goodbyes.

Renee rose and eyebrow at his comment that she would be the one with the reddish spot on her face If the fight was fair. "You would hit a lady on the face!?" she chaffed with a half-smile on her face. She seemed please when he accepted the handshake and allowed her to pay the suit back. "Well. I will make sure to survive until the suit is paid." she joked. Renee walked next behind the counter and picked up the metallic box with the suit. "I was planning to take my leave, Glenn," She said gazing at the bar owner. She tapped the box smiling "I cannot wait to go and try the suit. I mean rest!" Her attention was caught as Cisco and Ghost spoke to her before they left. "Tomorrow the guys might bring my belongings before I arrive. It's just two small containers and I guess the suit. Be careful both! I will see you tomorrow then. Good night!" she said waving at them. A few moments later she was also on her way home "Glenn and Vats I will see you guys tomorrow!"
The streets were empty like every night she would return home. The shadows now were swallowed by the encroaching darkness. The streets' light were dim almost turned off. In the gathering gloom, the stars and the moon shone brighter in the sky, as if to remind her that even in the darkness there was light. She paused and cast a glance at the large moon wanting to remember her last night before taking off to follow an adventure. Her gripped around the box tightened as she noted to herself not to drawn in old memories. She would return to visit Glenn and Vats. Then she looked at the box on her hands and kept walking until she reached home. After she finished her night routine, of showering, eating, and change to her clothes. She sat down next to the box and opened it. She looked at the suit in awe "Hana is an artist. You can see that only by watching her work." she mumbled to herself and pulled out the suit from the box. Her work revealed a form of emotional clarity that extends into her art form to become a beautiful message for the subconscious brain. It was a message of elevated hope, of cherishing the adventurer, of saying they were worthy of living their dreams. Renee chuckled at the irony. At first glance, this was just a suit. Surely a well made suit, but just a suit nonetheless. But if you took a closer look all the best and most wonderful traits were suffocating under that cloth. That night she wore the suit and she almost reached those hidden emotions of Hana's work. She was only a day apart from following her dream. And Hana' suit was pointing that out. She took off the suit and place it back inside the box. She would wear it when the time was right. She would wear it when she felt a bit closer to being an adventurer. She closed the box and turned on the holograms to watch the fight that Ghost sent her. There she noticed that indeed Cisco tripped and that's how she won managed to punch him. She watched the clip a few times before she fell asleep.​
She woke up by the sound of someone knocking on her door or better aiming to break down the door. "One second!" she voiced up loudly in her effort to get up and walk over to open the door. The moving company had arrived already and before she could blink her belongings were taken and sent to Cisco's ship. She was left with a smaller bag that included an attire and the paper she would need today. She almost managed to change to her clean attire a black hoodie, a pair of old ripped pants and her black boots. Not the best outfit to start your day, but she had packed everything and she was left only with that to wear. Her last act before leaving for the Bar was to return the keys to the owner of the apartment. She pulled her bag over her shoulder and walked away. It felt awkward not to have a place to return. A small flat to call home. But she tried to ignore her thoughts and reached Ghost.​

Morning came again in Peterton, sun casting down onto the port and business went on as usual. Less people compared to the last few days, mostly because Cisco was no longer accepting trades. Still sleeping in bed, Cisco looked to be in a pretty deep sleep. It wasn't until Ghost had to wake him up and get him to do what is needed today. "Cisco, Cisco! Wake up!" Ghost was bumping next to his head, and Cisco grumbled and tried to swat Ghost like a fly but barley lifted his hand. Ghost sighed and floated towards his face and started flashing a bright light over his closed eyes. This irritated Cisco and got him to open them but close them shut as he got up rubbing his eyes. "Ahh, and you wonder why I call you a little light sometimes. Why did you wake me up? We don't have any more trades this morning." Ghost floated towards a screen in his room and showed a security camera outside the his room showing the main deck. There were a couple of boxes that were brought in by movers earlier. Ghost let them in so that the boxes weren't outside. "Renee's belongings came by. You're the only one here who can move them." Ghost said. Cisco sighed and rubbed his face. "Alright, just let me take a shower." Cisco got up and took a shower, got dressed in his suit, and started to put the boxes in a spare guest room in the ship.

Back at the bar was normal. Slow but kept the workers on their feet. Glenn was serving tables while Vats cooked the food. Though today was a bit bitter sweet as it was going to be Renee's last day. There has been takers to her job as a bartender but those reviews will be later after she left. Now Vats and Glenn will enjoy what time they have left. They have already picked out something to give to her for the small party later after the bar closes. Glenn looked at the bar he grew with Vats and some with Renee and smiled at the establishment he created. Taking a deep breath and sighing. "Today will be good day." He said.

The day was still young in Peterton the streets weren't yet crowded with people. Renee took her time strolling towards Ghost. The city air was fresh this day, almost sweet and floral as the pace of living relaxed to a steadier rhythm. Maybe it was her impression of how bizarre today was. It seemed like the city loved her in ways no person ever had. She lived all her life here but she never felt like today. It listened to her fierce footsteps, the clicking of her leather boots against its dirty pavements early on this morning. It empathized with her frustrated heart and mind. Like it understood it would be her last day there. She sighed and took her time taking every memory in, she knew she would be back one day. But things would not be the same. The town would be different even she would be older. She gazed one more time before she opened the door and walked inside the bar. She gave her good-mornings and went behind the counter. She placed her bag in the corner and started serving a few drinks. She didn't speak much. She seemed troubled and sad. A few hours later when the Bar was less busy she informed Glenn she would leave to meet with Cisco. Renee reached the ship a few minutes later. She climbed up making her presents noticeable. "Hey, Guys!" her voice came out louder than she thought "I hope I am not late. We should go and finished the last details." She looked around trying to spot Cisco and Ghost.​

Cisco finished with moving the boxes away and looked at the time. "Well that didn't take too long. Hmm, what should we do?" Ghost floated towards Cisco and projected a small map of the area. "Well, we could get some last minute supplies. Stock up on what ever we need." Cisco nodded, thinking that it would be good to stock up. On the way, Cisco saw a flower shop that he took note of while him and Ghost were out shopping. Once they were done and headed back to the ship. It a quarter till noon. Cisco thought for a moment before deciding on what to do. "Ghost, keep an eye out for the Rookie. I'm gonna go clean up some stuff." Ghost sighed, "She has a name you know." Cisco looked back and smirked, he liked calling someone a Rookie. "I know." Cisco hang his coat and cape and went into the firing rang and started to clean the place up. Meanwhile Ghost did some scheduling and sorting his database. Not long after he heard Renee outside and floated out to greet her. "Hello! You're just in time. Come in, I'll let Cisco know you're here." Ghost floated towards the firing range. "Cisco, she's here." With that announced, Cisco opened the door with a small bucket of empty shells and casings. His hands were a bit dirty and some dirt and dust was stuck on his shirt. "Hey there, Rookie. You ready?" He said as he placed the bucket on a counter, it was then pulled behind the wall for storage.

Back
Top Bottom