Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Urban Sphinx (w Rain K)

Zara was content as she leaned back her feet propped up on the edge of the table and the back slanted against the wall. All the while she cuddled with her girlfriend one arm wrapped tightly around her middle the other doing its own things although she did catch the comment from the blonde. "Ice Queen" She smirked and went back to attending to her girlfriend.

KC chuckled and shook her head at the other girl's words
"Don't worry about it hun I'll take the wine then." She smiled and tossed her a gold coin and then a second from her pouch which should cover everyone and then some. "Keep the change hun" She smiled up at her before turning her attention to Polly and gave her thigh another pat "What's got your panties in a bunch darling?"

Polly just looked over to Zara, then to KC.

Prior to Angie making a comment or Polly answering what had her panties in a bunch, Catra's avatar popped her eyes open and looked around. "Oh good, I didn't miss anything. Angie, you fell over. I might be back and forth when we have lolls in the action, because over here? It's like you guys are in some kinda real deep, almost hypnotic, sleep... Polly. You snore. Not loud, but loud enough. Freaking buzzsaw."

Polly rolled her eyes and just blinked at Catra as Cinderella came back and served the drinks. "You wanna try again against the despot?" She asked Cinderella.

The waitress seemed to have glazed over for a moment. "This is the first time since waking up that I actually looked at my inventory and stats. Yes. Absolutely I want another crack at the boss! I thought I had a lot more experience points though. But I'm still level three, all my gathered tools still available to me, I only have a slingshot among my weapons... Oh goodness. That should mean, when you find Rapunzel..." She grimaced, winced and rubbed some ghost spot on her head. "Let's just say, she's supposed to be using her frying pan as a cooking utensil... But it's her bloody weapon. Oof. Cast iron trauma. Um, kinda surprised she wasn't back here with me since she was our chef."

Angie blinked. "She uses her cast iron frying pan as a weapon? Doesn't she have others?"

Cinderella shrugged. "I think so... A sword like the princess's there she got off on of the king's knights. Not too long after that, when we were crossing the bridge spanning a high canyon in the mountains, just before the forest and the castle... An enemy cut the rope... well... Still on the bridge, Rapunzel took a plunge."

Polly didn't like the sound of the adventures that were ahead of them. "All the more reason for you to be along. You already know the route, and apparently, you keep the level. How much xp do you have since waking up?"

Cinderella shook her head. "Five. I had close to 300 or so, but was still level three. Apparently you go back to the beginning of your level, too."

Polly sighed. "That's SOME good news."

Cinderella nodded, and went to serve other customers to gain more experience points before the adventure actually begun anew for her.

Polly looked at KC. "What's got my panties in a bunch is I don't think the amulet is going to work here, as I'm not the mage, she is." She pointed to Angie. "And if you noticed, it's almost like we're going to be going up against my real world dad instead of a despot king... And for some reason, I can't explain and can't help, my snark. Like this Callista is so based on Leia from Star Wars... I mean... Look at this!" She pointed to her royal buns on both sides of her head. "Of course, my panties are going to be in a bunch. And with what Kitty Cat just told us... I'm probably going to get more snarky because we're asleep in the outside world! Good thing Catra DIDN'T put those virtual reality goggles on!" She drank some of her tea.

Zara gave her a look right back before turning her attention back to Catra or rather her avatar which suddenly gave a jerk. "Aww, you weren't even here." She huffed and sighed before listening to what she said "If I start to fall just let me hit the ground catnip I will crush you otherwise." She chuckled and went back to enjoying the other girls company half listening to what was going on around the table. Although when her drink finally arrived she happily snagged it with one hand and started to drink the other was wrapped around Catras waist although as time went on it would make its way lower. After a bit she glanced over at Polly "Honestly it sounds like some therapeutic shit it is kind of interesting though that it seems to be centered around you considering there are four of us in here."

KC gave her a comforting smile trying to get her to calm down some but she ignored her for a moment as she turned to talk to Cinderella who as time went on seemed to be remembering more and more. "I mean it probably does some decent bludgeoning damage like a mace." She chuckled and shrugged before finally Polly turned towards her and went off "Oooook let's unpack that one at a time. First have you tried the amulet, for someone who's all about science simply saying magic is the only thing to make it work is ridiculous. Also, I'm counting that as a point towards you believing in magic haha." She smiled and shot her a wink. "Second like Zara said I think this might be good for you in some weird way. Third, the buns are a style and you are rocking them. Fourth yea I can't help with that." She chuckled and kissed her cheek before taking a sip of her own drink "Just take it one step at a time and don't get lost in the roleplay."

Cinderella blinked. "Wait. This despot king is like her real father? See, my four friends and I are sorority sisters at a nearby college... Well, to us in the real world. Any of you also going to University of Colorado, Boulder?"

Angie frowned. "Uh. Cinderella... The game is in my mansion in Littleton Colorado. That's 40 miles from the campus if I'm not too off on my geography." She looked worriedly at the others. Something definitely wasn't right.

Cinderella was taken aback. "Then that means it's a lesson for you, too. See, it had been in OUR sorority house. We didn't learn ours. Work as a team. I and Robin tried, and tried to get the others to, Francine as Flora thought she knew better, and ended up the first one of us dead."

Polly gulped as the door burst open and a bunch of knights charged in, shoving over tables and throwing chairs, one sailing over their table and into the poor couple on the other side, an x over him and one hit point left on her. "The princess surrenders and denounces her silly attraction to the goddess of the hunt... And nobody else has to die!"

"Still think it's not a direct target to me?!" Polly snapped, before saying, "Darth Daddy can shove his rules!" She flew in swinging, and before long was fighting with two swords... Expertly. "Don't just sit there dumbfounded! Unlike Leia, I could stand for some rescuing here!"

Catra didn't need any more coaxing and was on a knight's back, slashing with her claws, trying to hit the jugular.

Angie panicked, ducked behind the table Cinderella was using for cover, firing silverware with her slingshot, pointy ends up, right at the necks of the bad knights. She started flipping frantically in the book, cast a spell to turn one of the evil knights into a jackass, the aim was true, the words said right... But would it hit the intended target that just spotted the two girls using the overturned table as refuge?

KC was entirely intrigued by all of this the idea of the game trying to teach things and messing with both their lives "Oh my it really is Jumangi hahaha just less sinister well sort of the whole potentially trapped thing is a downer." She continued to tap her chin and listen to the other's story when the door was flung open and furniture tossed about, she nonchalantly glanced over at the knights...more like bandits really and shook her head "That was a little on the nose it was like they were waiting outside for the perfect moment or something." She rolled her eyes and stood up her bow suddenly in hand as she started letting her arrows fly.

Zara waited for Catra to hop off her lap before she moved
"Now this is what I'm talking about hahahaha" She would laugh maniacally as she dashed forward her hammer coming off her back and smashing into the first guy she saw. Soon enough she was in the middle of them with bodies flying left and right or just being dropped to the ground with very graphic sounds. "Ohhh yes I've been itching to punch something all day." She was of course referring to the shit show that was this morning and what Polly's dad was doing and now this was a good outlet for her. At one point she saw one soldier dashing towards Polly and she grabbed her by the face before smashing him into the ground.

(I know I said she had an axe but hammer felt better)

(why can't she have both?)

Polly as Callista had taken down four or five herself, as there seemed to be a lull now and it was time to check weapons. Polly stripped the sheath from the first knight she fell, that got her the second sword. Other swords and weapons scattered about. There was other loot to get, and Polly grabbed a rapier and it's sheath. "Cinderella. What's your ability with a sword?"

"Fencing. But nowhere NEAR your level with the broadsword." Cinderella said stunned. She had managed two kills with her meager slingshot and tavern silverware. The jackass charged towards the door, braying, as Polly came over to the overturned table and handed the rapier to Cinderella. "Now you have two weapons."

Angie came out from behind the table. "Man, you guys... The only armour not torn up was the one that mule was wearing as a human, before I turned him into a mule." She then went to the Innocents who were just enjoying a nice day and meal before the knights charged in, to try to heal some of them. She still wasn't taking leadership of the group, continuing to let Polly do it, not knowing that was her test... That she was failing. She would still get enough experience points to level up... Eventually.

"Guys. I got a plan. The coins you gather? Give them to the tavern owner so he can rebuild his business." Polly looked for other loot, "Any medicinal herbs, except for a little for each of us, should go to the mage. She's using quite a bit, as well as healing spells on the true victims."

She looked at Catra, who was apparently doing something in real life, as her avatar was leaning against the wall, eyes closed and purring. She also had a "L2" above her head. "Maybe we should eat something before starting on the quest to rescue Robin Hood." She mused. "I don't know what you others lost on HP, but I'm exhausted so lost a few." She went to check on the proprietor, and upon bringing him out so the coins could be presented to him, there was a trumpet sound only she heard. She had already reached level two during the battle, but the trumpet was for added points to her leadership and charitable stats. The new numbers would flash momentarily for those watching to see. "Did anyone else hear the trumpet?" No. Not unless the others also increased stats not related to their leveling up.

Most of the other swords, except for a few, would be useless; dented, bent or cut in half by other swords. Someone was going to get a mace, unless it was left for Catra when she returned. Other smaller weapons were also strewn about.

Polly looked over to KC as Artemis. "So. Apparently we're girlfriends here, too." She said, giving her a kiss, "And good job. Apparently four knights beaten, levels us up." No. It was that plus the fighting evil. "You and the Empress, as many as you fell, should be close to level three (300xp needed once L2 was reached), right?" She held a thumbs up to Zara. "I mean, she knocked out like ten of them. Seven with one blow.*"

Angie finally appeared, sporting her new "L2" as well. Her head was lowered. "I couldn't bring any dead back, so, guys, try not to die, mmmk? I was able to bring that lady that had been sitting behind us from the brink, so if you have one hit point left and I have enough herbs, I can heal you."

*-Salute to the Brave Little Tailor.

(Because both are two-handed and that would be ridiculously overpowered hehe)

Zara slammed her hammer down into her last opponent with another sickening crunch and when she glanced up she found the room had been cleared.
"Hmm seems even though we're level one we're a bit strong haha." She laughed some before she swung her hammer around letting the blood scatter off of it before she place it back onto her back. She would stretch before beginning to move about the room tugging the bodies out that one of the other girls had already checked over before finally moving back to where she had been sitting earlier and relaxing back once more. "Food would be good and you are exaggerating my friend I only hit 3 with that one hit the other 4 just weren't ready for their friends to be tossed into them. Although if you really need to heal instead of Angie or whatever her name is wasting spells we should spend the night here." Like Polly she had heard a trumpet sound but her's had been a strength one as she had broken quite a few bones in that fight

KC relaxed her hold on the bow and once she was certain they were good put it back in place and started helping Polly gather loot snagging a couple daggers as well as picking up any arrow she had fired earlier. At Pollys question she raised her hand
"Ooh I did right after my last shot it said something about pinpoint accuracy and added a bit to my precision score I think." She shrugged and went back to the task at hand until finally it seemed they were done and Zara was dragging bodies out she smiled and rolled her eyes at Polly. "Yea that was true whether a video game decided it or not, plus it seems to be a key component to the whole world for whatever reason." She turned towards Angie her finger coming up to tap her chin as she thought "Hmm maybe you're a cleric not a wizard and if that's the case your heals should only get better."

Angie gave a smile, and then a frustrated groan. "I turned one of those yahoos into a mule, don't forget, some of my other spells missed. I was the one who did the levitating water pitcher that I turned upside down on that one knight... Just before Zara clobbered him... Or rather one who she clobbered went flying into him. Kit Kat has got some nasty claws. She was tearing up them creeps, though I think she struck only one or two jugulars."

Catra popped awake, picked up the mace and another knife before sitting back down in Zara's lap. "I had to explain what happened to your dad, and had to tell him not to unplug you guys from the game. He saw you guys gathering loot and said that the circumstances outside resemble Sword Art Online anime. When I told him what we learned from Cinderella... He was like, 'I stand corrected. It's Jumanji with SAO undertones.' He's real glad I was smart enough not to use the VR goggles. He took the one I didn't use to destroy... And said whatever lesson you're to learn, Angie... You best figure out what it is and learn it. He didn't get this game for you. He'd never heard of it before he saw it."

Cinderella took the now empty chair next to Zara that Catra was plucked from, and didn't return to now, after the battle. Cinderella addressed Angie. "I figured you had a lesson to learn too... And whatever it is, has to do with something you do... Or rather DON'T do that you should... Out in the real world. Remember, I and my sorority sisters didn't work as a team. Even out there. We had to learn that lesson in here, and only I and Robin managed to figure it out. Francine, aka Flora... Wanted to do everything herself, I can't really say what Rapunzel and Musette were on how much they learned... But remember, the one who refused to learn the lesson was the first of our group to die.... Sorta."

Angie shook her head. "Benevolence is pretty much my thing, and as captain of the cheer squad, I try to give everyone a fair chance. And the squad is enough responsibility. Let other people lead, And Polly as Callista is doing a fine job... Except for the whole a acting like, and mouthing off like, Leia from Star Wars ."

"Then train Polly... I mean Callista... To be a better leader, Angie." Catra said with a shrug. "I mean you've been letting her fend for herself from the beginning, so far, and I'm the scout, so the leader should have alerted me of the apple tree, instead of me taking it upon myself to test my abilities. I'm not blaming you for the hidden treasure chest, but having been told to get apples instead of me doing it myself."

"It worked out exactly as it should have." Angie countered. "You knocked down plenty of apples and I gathered them for food and trade. Exactly what you said to."

Catra sighed. "I think Polly also alluded to it."

"Sounds like you guys already have your teamwork, too, but you still need experience in the leadership. Something that you apparently do with your cheerleaders out in the real world, Angela, I mean you can still spread the responsibility around, but you, as the cleric... If indeed healer is your biggest asset... Technically, although the HPs won't get up there like the others.. The healer should be the leader. Then the warrior royal and plain warrior. Callista shouldn't be leader. Not when there's a doctor. Who has the last say on a cruise ship or a naval ship in an emergency? The doctor, that's who... And that's you."

Angie shook her head. "I don't want to upset the apple cart when it's doing fine with all four wheels on the road. As you said. The doctor only outranks everyone in an emergency." Trumpet for Angie's ears only and only one point added to her discernment... Because although she said it, she wasn't using it. Everyone was in various forms of hurt, though none seriously. Angie should be leading, right now!

Cinderella threw up her hands, looking forlorn at the others. "Okay, healer. Learn the hard way."

Polly arose, as did Cinderella. Cinderella said, "I'm going to serve everyone something to eat." Polly nodded and said, "And I'll get everyone rooms. I take from earlier, you'll be joining us, Cinderella?"

Cinderella nodded. "Exactly for the reason you said. I know the path we have to take."

Zara yawned and let her hammer rest against the wall as she once more leaned her chair back and let her feet rest on the table. It would seem that the game didn't truly account for her ridiculous strength in real life and so moving all those bodies right after a big fight was enough to wear her out. As Catra plopped back into her lap she gave a happy murr and for the first time ever she started to purr. Although it was very low and the only one who could hear it would be Catra not to mention feel it. She smiled and closed her eyes letting one hand wrap around her stomach while the other rested on her thigh gently rubbing it "Mmm Catnip." She was content to let the others argue although she did raise her voice "Catra and I only need the one room unless you plan on everyone staying together."

KC smiled as she sat back down with the others and watched listened to what was going on the back and forth from the girls with Angie defending herself as best she could. "Sorry Angie but I think that's the thing it's wanting you to make some decisions. You're a great cheer captain and a great friend but in other aspects well you need to take charge." She gave a subtle nod towards Polly and then gestured at herself. "You make good decisions and you definitely have smart plans but sometimes I think you're afraid of being seen as bossy or even tyrannical given your social standing. But, and pardon my language, Fuck that. You are smart and amazing and every idea you come up with takes into account those around you and their strengths or weaknesses. Soooo put that into play outside the cheering. Don't be afraid to be the leader, it can't be me or Zara because despite how different we are one thing we have in common is we go with the flow. It can't be Catra and no offense Catra but she tends to be too timid. And it can't be Polly because she allows her emotions to get in the way far too often." She smiled and reached out grabbing her hand "You'll be fine just take it all one step at a time."

Polly had already left as Angie got both compliments and a lecture, or more appropriately, an exhortation. Either way the exhortation and compliments KC gave to her complemented the other nicely. Angie looked like she was actually following KCs line of reasoning. She had nothing to say except for, "I'll think about it... I mean, I see what you mean... After our rest to regain our hit points, which is however long the game says since we're really asleep in the outside world."

Polly had given KC a thumbs up and smile before talking to the tavern owner, who looked like, by his height, or lack of, white beard and stocky build, that he could be one of the seven dwarfs. He adjusted his spectacles, and as Polly reached for her purse, he waved her off. "Princess, please, you gave me more than enough to pay for the damages. I have a large room you should all be able to share with room to move around, even the Empress. It's here on this floor and even has its own outside door you can leave by to begin your journey. Otherwise well, I'll have to split you in pairs. Cinderella tells me she's going with you after the king. I'll wish all of you now, good Irish luck be with ye."

Polly came back with no key, but handwritten directions to the room from the tavern owner, and even signed it "Doc"! She showed it around to the others as Cinderella brought out a large twenty pound turkey.

"We're all eating, so I think everyone get what they want, before the Empress gets it. I get a drumstick as I'm not much with any other part. Never was." She then excused herself to get their vegetables... Which was like a Thanksgiving spread when she got everything else to the table.

"Wing and a piece of breast for me should be plenty." Polly said, eying the other goodies, but especially the yams.

"White meat for me, too." Catra chimed in

Angie took the other wing.

Zara would lazily open one eye as she watched the turkey be set down and then the rest of the food. She would lick her lips but decided to wait until the others had their turn and then she would snag whatever was left of the turkey and a bit of everything else. "That fight was strenuous apparently and I am starving, but not the normal too big for my body just gotta deal with it starving." She chuckled at her own joke before finally planting her feet on the ground allowing both her and Catra to use the table properly to eat. "If this is like any other game we'll simply get a fade to black kind of thing when we sleep then a few moments later the sun will be up and we'll have slept for 8 hours or so." She shrugged and continued to work on her food which she was happy to say did have flavor and filled her up.

KC gave a thumbs-up back to Polly as she gave Angies hand another squeeze when she gave a small agreement, glancing around after a moment she used the grip on her hand to pull Angie close.
"Plus when it comes to the whole relationship thing you're gonna have to take the lead. I'm clueless and Polly's like a kitten so you're the queen bee for this hehe." She giggled some before kissing her cheek and finally letting go just as the food was laid out before them. She would lean back some watching Cinderella place everything before giving a happy groan as the smells played with her nose "Wow even the sense of smell is working. I really think this game is an amalgam of magic and science." She would emphasize the word magic as she glanced at Polly before starting in on her dinner

Angie
Angie just rolled her eyes and gave a smirk. "I kinda figured that out by the way you two are in real life. That's not the problem... Besides, you don't want me coming between a goddess, Greek or otherwise, and her warrior princess. Obviously, there's already a plan by some gamemaster for you two, and I don't think anyone is going to get any fun times while we're in the game. We may have to play that careful."

Cinderella

"You definitely have the discernment to be the leader, because that's what we've kind of done. Between you, me and the fencepost, Rapunzel has a thing for Robin, but neither will admit it. I'm almost tempted, that when we rescue Robin, we give the key to her to unlock Robin's door. I mean, Robin bawled... Bawled, girls, BAWLED... When Rapunzel fell when the bridge did.

Catra

Catra ate her turkey like a big cat tearing into the meat, similar to how Zara might have eaten the deer the night she had to leave Catra during the first date.

Polly

Polly wasn't much better, eating her meat, stuffing and yams with her hands, and only utilizing her utensils for the cranberry dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans that she mixed with her corn.

Angie

Shaking her head at the warrior princess, Angie quipped, "You don't eat like that in real life, Polly, you don't need to get that in your character. Honestly. I understand Zara doing it, and even while Catra's character is... She's not literally here with us. Who raised you? The knights or a pack of wolves? Obviously, it wasn't nobility."

Polly

True to the Leia personality she had exhibited pretty much from the onset, Polly quipped, "Don't question a princess. Especially one that could beat you in a fight."

KC shot Angie another wink and gave a shrug "Hey you never know maybe the creator is a super perve and is totally into the full view haha." She giggled and shook her head as she worked on her dinner finding that much like everything else it did work like real life and filled her belly. "Honestly though like Zara said it'll probably fade to black and then suddenly it's morning haha." She glanced over at Cinderella and shook her head before laughing "Ok so is our friend group just a magnet for all the gay girls in town or something I mean wow." She couldn't help but laugh a bit more as she settled back to enjoy her meal and her friends despite all the circumstances. "Hey, all she needs is one zap and someone's more of an ass than usual." She smirked and shot Polly a sly look as she stuck her tongue out at her.

Despite what the others might think Zara couldn't help but think that the way Catras's character was eating was a bit attractive. She continued to eat her own meal while watching the girl she never realized it but maybe she found ferocity hot hmmm that's something to explore. She was lost in her own thoughts only to come back when her name was mentioned.
"Hey now I don't eat like that I just eat a lot which is understandable for me. What isn't is the tiny heiress who can pack away just as much." She shot her a knowing look before returning to her meal finishing up soon enough "Ya know that's funny now that you mention it. Catnip and I went on a date the other day and there was this girl there some kind of archeologist who was flirting with me and another girl at the bar flirting with her."

Angie

Angie could only roll her eyes and smirk, "I'm of the opinion you have a point, oh goddess of the hunt. And, Leia, I'm just questioning your table manners, and wonder who taught you to eat like that." She looked at her half eaten plate of food, and then Zara, and quipped, "Oi! I resemble that remark! I always had a healthy appetite! I just never thought it would carry over to this. Say, has anyone else noticed, those that are real on the outside world, too, how much flavor the food has, not to mention being filling?" She finished her plate, which had a little more than Polly, but pushed the plate away now that it was devoid of food. "That's unusual for me. I usually get seconds of at least the vegetables... I can't eat another bite. So much for your theory, Zar, dear Empress of the Cat People."

Catra

On the other side of the gaming screen, Catra only had to move Kit Kat to go after what was on her plate, and just let the character eat however she wanted, not realizing that it was getting Zara's motor going... So to speak. Soon, however, Kit Kat was also full.

Cinderella

Cinderella shook her head. "Not everyone, Artemis. Did you notice you have kept any jewelry you had on when you put the virtual gear on?" She showed her ring finger and the engagement ring which was of modest size, but definitely NOT cheap. "I've got a Prince Charming I want to get back to. As soon as we finish college, we plan on getting married. Robin and Rapunzel have been ignoring their feelings for each other pretty much since we became sorority sisters. Robin's real name is Natalie, I can't remember Rapunzel's right now for some reason... I just know fearless leader has the hots for her, I mean it's sooo obvious, and I'm happy with mine."

Polly

Polly gave KC a dirty look. "I will not... Yes, I will... Artemis, dear, I KNOW I could kick the healer's ass, I know better than to challenge YOU." Two discernment and one charm was added with a trumpet call. Everyone could see the numbers, only Polly heard the trumpet. "There's that blasted trumpet again..." She then looked at the yams. "Everyone finished with the yams? I wanna knock 'em out. Love my yams!"

Angie

Angie chuckled despite herself. "No, I won't do that. I always liked the Star Wars Leia's sass. It's what makes the character endearing."

Zara continued to watch her girlfriend or rather her girlfriend's character eat not sure if it was something to do with the game or had the experience awakened something in her. After a moment she snapped out of it and glanced over at Angie "That is weird I thought you would always have a second stomach hidden away." She chuckled and continued to eat and for her nothing much had changed there considering she was still big and buff although not as buff in here. At Cinderellas's comment, she glanced down at her wrist and gave an approving nod because there was the charm bracelet from Catra. She smiled and kissed her cheek, soon enough she was finished with dinner "Mmm if this little timer thingy is any indication I think its time for bed ladies." She would stand up toss Catra over her shoulder and off they went into the abyss only to wake up the next morning fully healed and refreshed. Zara was one of the first at breakfast and not long after that out the door her tail flicking casually behind her while her eyes watched the road ahead.

KC glanced down at the ring and let out a sigh as she looked it over
"Awwe that's super sweet good for you hehe. But still, we have a rather odd number of lesbians that we know." She giggled before glancing at Polly just in time for the dirty look and what came after "Awww you know I'd kick your butt that's so cute." She grinned and leaned in as close as she could to Polly "That's not the only thing I'd do to you though." She giggled waiting for the blush before returning to her seat and nodding at Angie "I never found her truly sassy just more of a woman who's tired of dealing with idiots." She let out another laugh her own charm having risen from her flirtations before she nodded at Zaras words soon enough following her to the bedroom only to wake up the next morning. She took a little time to pack up some stuff she had looted off the bandits before heading out onto the road with the rest of the girls

Polly indeed blushed as orange as the yams she was stuffing in her mouth as fast as she would swallow, even Cinderella blushed at the compliment to her, and thanked KC, but used her character's name.

The next morning, after sleeping on it, Angie indeed took over the leader role, and made sure everyone had some kind of breakfast, even if it was an egg sandwich. She had left for a short while and came back with a box of danishes and information she was keeping to herself for now. "If we see an apple tree along the way, again, it might be wise for you to go up it." Angie said to Catra.

Kit Kat blinked, and with Catra's voice asked, "How much did those goodies cost you?"

"A dozen of our trading apples, but I also got some information, which I'll keep to myself for now. It's about fruit trees in general, and that's all the information you need to know." Angie answered mysteriously.

Cinderella looked at the box. "If you wouldn't have bought the danishes, you would have had more apples to trade, later. The baker's information was only three trade items. We only had apples too, when we first started out."

"These danishes can be used for trade, too, as well as our own consumption. There's 24 in this box." Angie said before putting it with the trade items.

"You got 24 pastries AND that information for 12 apples?!" Cinderella gasped in surprise. "Pastries are usually equal to two trade items, especially DANISHES, they even count more towards filling you up... Not as much as that dinner last night, but about equal to the egg only sandwich."

"I know, that's why I wanted everyone to eat something at the inn for breakfast." Angie nodded.

Polly gloomily said, "Man... I wouldn't have thought of that. I would have just bought the information."

Cinderella raised an eyebrow and smirked at Angie. "See? Already a better leader. Now, there should be a crossroads coming up, it's still pretty far, actually, a good thousand paces or so. There's both an apple and pear tree opposite each other on the left. One on this side of the road, the other on the other side. We'll want to hit both trees for trade fruit and food, especially since you depleted your supply of trade early on, and turn left, going under their branches. Up from there, about 25-30 paces is blueberries. We're all going to need to pick berries. Trust me. All of us. It was right after that, that Flora transported us halfway, so all I could see was us flying over those areas instead of walking them. Unfortunately, Flora literally burst into flames as we landed. Hope she learned her lesson when we meet up with her again."

Curious, Polly asked Cinderella her real outside name.

"Ironically, it IS Cindy. At least, that's what I prefer." Cinderella stated.

Much as she would in real life Zara was quick to eat her breakfast and then she went outside to work out for a bit. She could be seen dashing up and down the road before stopping near the woodpile and picking a few out before tying them together in an attempt at some dumbbells. For all her efforts she soon heard the little horns going off near her and when she looked her endurance and her strength had both gone up a bit. Satisfied she would move over to the side of the building and settle down on a bench there where she would spend her time polishing it and making sure it was good to go before following the others down the road when they all finally came out of the building.

KC on the other hand would spend her time helping the others get ready making sure things they needed were packed securely while other things were settled and easy to reach should they need them. Once she was satisfied she would snag herself something to eat before listening in on what all the group was saying.
"Hmm strange that this is world is run on a major bartering system. Especially when fruit is apparently easy to get and trades for quite a bit if you have a silver tongue." She giggled and nudged Angie before nodding her head and heading on outside listening to the instructions cinderella was giving them about what lies ahead "Ahhh so she cheated and the game didn't like that haha"

Back
Top Bottom