Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Awkward genitalia terms and laughing at smut scenes

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
I need this laugh. What are some that you find very awkward to write, to find the correct word for?

I laugh / feel weird every time I have to write balls, because in my opinion, there is just no sexy way to say it.

Also, who laughs at reading / writing smut scenes? I laugh my ass off reading or writing ones that are just completely unrealistic. No shame.

BALLS.

Sack. Testicles. Testes (way, waaaaaay worse than any of them so far).

And like, they need attention too! I get that.

I read the word "Cunny" once. And my brain went "Huh! Well that's cunny!"
So ...that one, for me I guess, lol.

I've had someone use bunghole in a sexual manner in an rp. Turned me right off.

Depends on context but if we are talking erotica than "twat" for me is really unsexy. "Tits" is another one that doesn't appeal much in an erotic context.
Penis and vagina are too clinical. Dick isn't erotic either. Cunny reminds me of that Clint Eastwood western where they liked to say it a lot, never heard it anywhere else.

Manhood or lady parts is lame and hypocritical given what is being written about. They might work in non direct sex scenes though depending on how used.

"Hole" is also a turn off.

I like cock and cunt the most personally.

I've read a fanfic that used 'wet cave' as a term for pussy. Wet caves don't bring sexy images.
Nor does meat stick, lol.

I've also read a fanfic where they say 'down there'. If the writer is too shy to give it a name, don't write smut then....

Well this is an old one but lets restart this train.

"Petals"
"Flower"
"Meat cave" - honestly this one made me laugh real loud cause I was shocked.
"chocolate pocket"
"Dr Gräfenberg"
"Clam"

Personally, I actually like more high-minded terms for lady parts like flower, petals, and the like. It shows that it's something beautiful and to enjoy. I however dislike the typical demeaning terms like 'hole'. That doesn't evoke anything erotic or beautiful. I also have that with very coarse language. It fits with certain characters, sure, but in many other situations it just feels jarring to me.

For the men, I like different words yes. But I never use the term 'dick' if only because I know way too many men with that name. I also don't like terms like meat and the like, but cock works for me, as do words like penis, manhood, and more creative ones. And parts of it of course, that always helps. generally, I like things to be more specific.

I also have nothing against more 'childish' terms, depending on the characters. I can imagine plenty of people still using such terms even when they're sexually active and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't know why, but I hate "pussy". Call it whatever else you like, just... That one gives me the heebie-jeebies. I prefer "cunt" or even "quim".

I didn't know that among all of the problems that could plague an RP, genitalia terminology was one of them...lesson learned, I guess?

Generally speaking, I attempt to vary it depending on the context and what kind of character I'm playing as since I do try getting in the mindset they may have when it comes to viewing sexual acts through their eyes. A more brash and crass one may use less than refined terms, while a shy/gentle character will likely try to find synonyms. It may be because English isn't my first language, but using the same term over and over leads me to keep checking the phrase as it sounds weird. Then again, I find said terms much more interesting than my own language's.

What I steer clear of are references to filthy acts or uncleanliness (speaking as someone who adores musk/sweat and rougher kinks being included with a scene) like "log cutter", "shithole", "brown eye"...things along those lines. Immediate turn-off for me and I'm sure the same applies to many, many others. Although...I would definitely appreciate my partner telling me if my writing upset them in any way. Smut is only a minor reason as to why I'm here so may as well do it right!

If you describe a man's penis as "meat X" or call a woman's vagina a "X cave" then I'm gonna laugh. Doesn't matter how good the reply is.

Big one for me is anyone that tries being way too creative with the way you're describing things at all time. I get some cute word-play, especially if it's in character or referring to a line in character but honestly, just say dick, cock, all those words instead of trying to be clever about avoiding them.

I keep it simple. Dick, cock, shaft, rod... all fine. For women, pussy is fine, even slit.

No cunts or holes, no weird euphemisms like caves, maws, lips, flowers, no meaningless equivocation like manhood or secret treasure.

The one that makes me laugh out loud is "member." Member of what??

The one that makes me laugh out loud is "member." Member of what??

I actually got curious and searched member on the online dictionary because of this quote, and it turns out that it is, in both American and British dictionaries, another term for a penis.

I still don't really use it, but I never knew. I thought it was just slang but apparently it's actually a valid alternative to penis. Does that make it a good word to use? You decide!

Member feels weird and alien to me. Member of the club? Member of congress? 'Member the Alamo?

No one's talking about hilarious "quim" is. Shoutout to Cantarella for putting me on that word because me and the homie were cracking the fuck up about it on Halo the other night.

I love cunt. It pairs so nicely with cock. I think the biggest draw is the dissonance between how hard the word cunt is, and how the thing described is so soft. Plus, I think the fact that it is such a vile word is another draw. I am taking this word that is meant to humiliate and belittle women, and using to describe women experiencing pleasure, often on their own terms (and always on my terms).

I have definitely used my share of cringeworthy terms for genitalia. In my case, it's more about not wanting to repeat words too often in a post or scene. And sometimes you just have to try a new combination of words, to find something golden. Which means 95% of the time you end up with something awkward, but that also mean you know better than to use it again.

On the topic of funny, there's one that comes to mind. I have edited quite a number of erotica anthologies, and one author had described a woman's loins as "swampy". I mean, I understand why, but good god, all I could think were mosquitos and frogs.

Yo, has anyone been in an rp where someone claimed that they were "packing that schmeat?" Inquiring minds want to know. Specifically mine.

To answer Tae's question- absolutely not, but, being a woman who appreciates humor, I would find it absolutely hilarious if someone did. Maybe one of these days I'll pair up with someone to write parody smut, just for the fun of it.

Cunt and twat will never not be just insults to me. I can't see anybody using them to seriously describe the private parts they should describe, and the few times I have seen it, it just baffled me more than anything. Dick is similar but it's juuuuuuust ''erotic'' enough to not be weird to me.

It is all related to context but generally I prefer being direct - cock, cunt, pussy, quim, shaft, balls. Sometimes penis or vagina.

I don't like dick, rod, meat/man meat, willy, nuts, sack, cunny, hole, cave, meat curtains, flaps* twat*, box*, lady bits and my all time number 1 hate - Vajayjay/Vjay which just sounds like a term they use on Oprah or Grey's Anatomy when they think they are being super naughty.

As far as poetic terms go it depends on what I am trying to convey. A female character about to lose her virginity might "open her flower" for example or a shy not so experienced character might "prepare to allow him into sacred place" but again it just depends on what I think is relevant and the mood I want to set.

* Ok if I were playing something in Victorian England I might use those terms as that is what it reminds me of.

I don't really get turned off by words used for describing body parts. However, previously mentioned were "Princess parts" "cunny" those might have turned me off if anyone used them in a smut scene.

I get bored using the same word over and over again, So last night i decided to use "Prick" In terms of a cock which. Didn't feel right at the end but I had already said cock and dick, in the previous reply So I'd rather use a more odd term than repeating those. Made me laugh.

Also, for some strange reason 'DIck' Instead of cock makes me fucking die of laughter. Don't ask me why i genuinely don't know.

For MXM, I struggle to find words that don't make me cringe for asshole. XD I've often used the "Puckered hole" term for that. But everytime i write or hear that i just, shudder and laugh. So cringy. lol. same with entrance, I don't understand it but MxM anal just makes me laugh despite MXM being my favorite to RP

Back
Top Bottom