Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[CLOSED] By Campfire Glow - D&D 5e, combat-light, roleplay-heavy, smut-heavy.

Liminal

Star
So I'm just gonna put this out there right off the bat: this idea is not meant to be for a very serious or complex game. I'm expecting it to just be a fun, smutty romp without much in the way of heavy drama or tension. Nor do I see it including much of the usual D&D adventuring fare--combat, dungeon-crawling, and so on. The D&D game will play a part, but mostly just as a backdrop, used only as much as we all feel like it creates new opportunities for fun scenes. If that's not your cup of tea, then I don't want to waste your time.

Now, if you're still here, let's talk about what this game is. One of my favorite things about D&D and similar games, and one that I think gets overlooked a lot, is exploring the adventuring party as not just coworkers, but friends, and seeing how they are in the more relaxed moments of their lives, when they're not crawling around trap-infested tombs or fighting monsters that want to eat their faces. So, I want to run a D&D game that follows an adventuring party who's just made their latest big score, and are now on their way back to the capital to spend their gains (ill-gotten or otherwise) on a few months of easy living before they have to go out and do it all over again. I'm picturing an atmosphere like that of a group of friends on a road trip--not a lot of danger, plenty of supplies, and little to worry about beyond enjoying the sights of the countryside and finding comfortable campsites.

I don't want to go into too much detail about the setting, since I want to leave everyone the freedom to define elements that pertain to their character as they like. What I will say is that it'll be a fairly low-magic, low-supernatural world--your characters can totally be magic-users, but magic and monsters and whatnot are generally quite rare for anyone who's not an adventurer. There might be races other than humans, but I think they tend to be weird and alien and mostly keep to themselves, if they exist; if you don't want to play a human character, I'd suggest either playing something like a half-elf, or perhaps fluffing something like a dragonborn or tiefling as a human with magical influence on their bloodline (tieflings are already basically that, I guess). The culture and technology of the local region will be broadly late medieval western/northern European, but you're welcome to say your character is from any kind of culture in another part of the world.

Because this won't really be a high-stakes scenario, and balance won't be much of a concern, I'd like to run a DMPC. I feel like playing a female human wizard with a hedge witch kind of flavor. I'm also very much open to this having a pretty cooperative style of DMing, where anyone who wants to do a certain kind of scene or encounter is totally welcome to suggest it, and either I'll run it, or they can step up and do so themselves.

Like I said, I want this to be a smutty game. I don't think the world at large will have a sexual tone, but aside from any hirelings or retainers we decide to have with us, and any strangers our characters meet on the road, the PCs will have all the privacy they want. I like the idea of them all being close and comfortable with one another after all the time they've spent together, though of course not everyone has to be sexual with everyone else. We can also involve NPCs and outside encounters in smutty scenes, if people want to.

I think 4th level would be a good choice for this game--not legendary heroes who go around saving the world, but experienced and accustomed to the adventuring life. If you're interested, feel free to go ahead and make a 4th-level character as per the normal rules. I don't think we need to worry too much about detailed gear tracking; if there are any magic items you especially want to have, go ahead and just grab them.

Anyone want to give this a shot? Pretty please? šŸ˜‡

So, did you roll randomly for starting scores? If not, can you walk me through your process from the beginning? It doesn't matter all that much, I'd just like to make sure I understand the numbers. For the record, I'd prefer everyone either use point-buy or standard array, rather than rolling, so if you rolled yours, I'll ask you to redo them with one of those methods.

Redone with standard 27 point point buy. Including Racial traits and ability Improvement.

Redone with standard 27 point point buy. Including Racial traits and ability Improvement.
Looks good, thanks :)

I realized I should probably post the character I'm playing. Introducing...

Yulia of Pendle
Human / Wizard 4 / Chaotic Neutral
Yulia doesn't seem to make much effort to hide her identity as a witch. Whether it's the artfully tattered dresses that all seem to expose more leg and cleavage than is strictly proper, the various charms and talismans, or the black cat that always seems to follow her a little too closely and intelligently, she almost seems to enjoy playing to the folktale stereotypes. She doesn't go as far as a pointed hat, at least. Even those suspicious of magic can't deny she's a stunner, though, with her luxurious honey-blonde tresses, striking amber eyes, full lips, and soft, curvaceous figure with hips and thighs that have, once or twice, been known to make men weep. Yulia is obviously rather proud of those occasions (and her thighs).

In attitude as well as fashion, Yulia acts the part of the enigmatic witch with clear enjoyment. She regards almost everyone with an amused half-smile, even while threatening curses on those who annoy her--it's unclear how much these threats are meant to be serious. She is guarded and slow to trust, but good at making it seem like the fault for that lies with others' lack of perceptiveness rather than her own anxiety. In truth, anyone who knows Yulia well will see that her aloof facade is just that, a mask she hides behind to avoid being vulnerable. Still, she takes her loyalties seriously, and anyone who threatens her friends will learn just how real her curses really are.

Yulia is accompanied nearly everywhere by her familiar spirit, Moggin, who usually takes the form of a black cat with one green eye and one yellow. While he mostly acts the part of an ordinary cat, he can occasionally be found watching people with a strange focus that seems somehow unlike a normal animal. Even Yulia has never been entirely clear how much of his service to her is done out of magical compulsion and how much out of genuine loyalty--both spirits and cats are hard to read that way.
AC 11 HP 18/18 Speed 30ft

Str 8 (-1) Dex 12 (1) Con 10 (0) Wis 14 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 14 (2)

Attacks
Dagger (melee)
+3 1d4+1 Piercing
Dagger (thrown 20/60) +3 1d4+1 Piercing

Healer: When Yulia uses a healer's kit to stabilize a dying creature, that creature also regains 1 hit point. As an action, she can expend 1 use of a healer's kit to restore 1d6+4 hit points to a creature, plus additional hit points equal to the creature's maximum hit dice. It must finish a short or long rest to benefit from this ability again.

Arcane Recovery (1/1): Once per day when finishing a short rest, Yulia can recover used spell slots of up to 2 total levels.

Portent: When Yulia finishes a long rest, she rolls 2 d20s and records the numbers rolled. Until her next long rest, she can replace any attack roll, saving throw, or ability check made by her or a creature she can see with one of these rolls. This must be done before the roll, and only once per turn.

Keen Mind: Yulia always knows which way is north, the time of day, and can recall anything she has seen or heard within the past month.
Provincial farmers are a fearful and superstitious lot, and the people of Pendle are no exception. For generations, the village had been the home of stories and rumors surrounding the Witch of Pendle, always the first to take the blame for sickness and missing livestock. Yulia was the second child and only daughter of a farmer couple, and from her earliest memory, she was always the target of whispering and dark looks by neighbors--they said she had "witch eyes", though no one ever quite explained what that meant. Her parents always told her and anyone else who would listen that their daughter was perfectly normal, but as she approached adolescence, she started to feel that even they were growing distant with her. Never able to make friends in the village, Yulia grew sullenly accustomed to solitude, spending more time in the woods than any of the other children dared--which did nothing to help her reputation, not that she cared.

She was quite surprised to meet the actual Witch of Pendle when she was thirteen.

It was quite by accident, a chance crossing of paths on one of her evening walks, and Yulia quickly learned that the stories had been greatly exaggerated. The witch's name was Adelaide, and as far as Yulia could tell, she was nothing more than a sweet old lady. Over the following months and subsequent meetings, she learned more of the story--about how Adelaide and her craft had once been tolerated if not welcome in the village, until a tragic accident had resulted in her being blamed for a child's death. Recognizing a kindred spirit, Adelaide became something of a surrogate mother to Yulia, and inevitably, Yulia began to pick up much of the craft herself, finding she had a talent for it. At her mentor's urging, she was careful to keep her studies hidden from her family and neighbors, for both of their safety.

Her caution came to naught. When Yulia was seventeen, a party of Church witch hunters, dispatched to Pendle to finally answer the village's calls for help, found Adelaide's house and burned it to the ground. Yulia arrived too late, her mentor dead, the only real home she'd ever known gone. Taking Adelaide's spellbook and accepting the service of her familiar, Yulia left Pendle behind, resolute. If people were going to be afraid of her, she'd give them something to be afraid of.

It didn't take her long to abandon the idea of vengeance, though. There was too much to do just to survive, a girl out on the road alone with no money and nowhere to go. If she hadn't been such a quick study of magic, she never would've made it. By the time she found her feet, Yulia had grown up a lot, no longer quite so angry at the world--but that resolution not to hide never wavered. Now, for the first time, she has real friends by her side, friends who aren't afraid of her, who have risked their lives to protect her. And she won't let anyone stop her from using all the powers at her command to return the favor.
Messy orgasms: Yulia gets quite wet, and she's a squirter. She likes it when her partners are turned on by this, and when she doesn't have to worry about keeping things clean.

Anal: Yulia loves taking it up the ass, especially when she can masturbate at the same time.

Teasing: Usually in hopes of softening a partner up so they'll let her take charge, but she enjoys the ones who lose control and overtake her as well.

Facesitting: With female partners, she'll return the favor if asked, but still prefers to be on top.

Big cocks: While she won't turn down a partner for being smaller, Yulia is a bit of a size queen.

Men with pubic hair: One reason Yulia always keeps clean-shaven herself is to better feel a lover's bush against her skin.

Group masturbation: She usually finds it more relaxing than sex, and often more satisfying.

Are we supposed to be polyamorous? Silly question but the focus is on companionship with smutty scenes so Im just making sure.

Im working on my character now.

How do people feel about high strung lesbian diviner?
Ah, sorry, but my character is already a diviner wizard. I'd suggest something else.

Are we supposed to be polyamorous? Silly question but the focus is on companionship with smutty scenes so Im just making sure.

Im working on my character now.
Well, like I said in the OP, obviously not everyone in the party has to be sexual with everyone else. But I do envision everyone at least being comfortable with open sexuality within the group. Like, seeing each other naked, or with a partner, or having fun by themselves, in camp around the fire, would be no big deal. I feel like a few years traveling together, camping together, sharing rooms at inns, overcoming mortal peril, and so on, would have done a lot to break down barriers and make everyone in the group feel close. If two of you want to have something special going on with each other in particular, though, go for it.

Does that answer your question?

Drakon - The Fallen Aasimar Monster Slaying Ranger

Since we are not powegaming I went in a little on the Fallen aspect. He is somewhat lazy and only interested in making enough coin to have comfortable living. Drakon's refusal to play hero made him a fallen aasimar. And the weird choice of spells goes hand in hand with that. Wild Cunning and Goodberry to be employed for maximum comfortability and ease of living. Saving money and labor to enjoy the finer things in life.

Attachments

• drakon1.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Pansexual Paladiness then?
Sounds good to me!
Drakon - The Fallen Aasimar Monster Slaying Ranger

Since we are not powegaming I went in a little on the Fallen aspect. He is somewhat lazy and only interested in making enough coin to have comfortable living. Drakon's refusal to play hero made him a fallen aasimar. And the weird choice of spells goes hand in hand with that. Wild Cunning and Goodberry to be employed for maximum comfortability and ease of living. Saving money and labor to enjoy the finer things in life.
Looks great! Cool concept.

Just as a reminder, folks, I'd like to send out invites and start this off tonight, if possible. However, if you still want to apply but haven't been able to put up a character yet, just let me know and I'll hold off. If you could at least give me an idea of when you might be able to submit, I'd appreciate it.

Since I know there are at least a couple people who definitely were interested in submitting, but haven't yet, I'm gonna hold off until I at least hear from them. Don't go anywhere, though!

You guys still looking for more? I've a character or two who might be a good mix for the group.
Sure, applications are still open! We've had exclusively male characters submitted so far, apart from my own; I'd really like to get at least one more woman in the party, so if you have a female character you'd like to play, the odds will be on your side ;)

Glad to hear, I love my more feminine characters.

I'm thinking a sandy-red haired wood elf monk of the elements, brilliant emerald eyes and a few freckles smattered on her skin. She's a younger woman (by elven standards), a few tattoos from her monastery days. A bit cold and removed emotionally speaking, but that changes once she gets warmed up. Perhaps a bit matronly when the group gets a little too rowdy at the local inns or taverns. Being able to manipulate Ki in others, she likes to use that for more devious purposes.

One question is, not that this'll really be an issue, can we ignore the attunements for the elements monk? Basically say that if there isn't a level requirement attached to the spell and she has the Ki, she can use it? Such a big hang-up of that particular subclass.

The attunement thing is fine by me, but please see my point about demihuman characters in the OP--I'd rather demihumans be kept distant, alien, and weird in this vaguely-defined setting of ours. If you want an elf or elven character, I might suggest either someone with elven blood further back in their family, or, for another angle, a changeling, swapped for a human baby. The latter could have something to do with how your character ended up in a monastery, perhaps?

Anyway, go ahead and submit the character. As soon as I feel like we have a good group, I'll send out invites to those who made it.

Totally fine saying she's totally human with a bit of elf blood way back. Was more wanting the dex/wis stats than anything haha.

I get on it, thank you!

Thank you for keeping applications open! I had some weirdness pop up on my side. I'll post a lady of my own for consideration in just a little bit.

Here we go! Did all of this from memory for character creation. Should be all above-board! Point buy female human ranger.

Name: Astera Lockheed
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Subclass: Hunter Conclave
Alignment: Neutral Good, Chaotic Tendencies

I know it's not terribly important, mechanically-speaking, but I like to emphasize her as someone who gets in some really big single hits. Might swap to Battlemaster or ask to use the UA Ranger stuff just for flavor purposes, since 2 uses of 1d10+Level Temp HP for the ranger's Tireless makes sense for a tanky gal like her. Just idle thoughts, the core concept remains the same.

AC: 15, 17 with a shield.
Fighting Style: Defense
HP: 36

Human Feat: Observant
4th level ASI: STR+ 2

Ranger Abilities -- would take forests as a terrain, humanoids (humans and one other) for favored enemy.

Colossus Slayer at 3rd level Hunter.

Cure Wounds, Hunter's Mark, Longstrider for spells.

Stats:
Str 18
DeX 12
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 12

Skills
Athletics (+6)
Insight (+4)
Survival (+4)
Perception (+4, Passive 19)
---
Persuasion and Medicine from background

Great sword-- +6 to hit. 2d6+4 damage.

Brief Background and Concept -- a girl who was a homebody tavern girl at her father's (retired adventurer) tavern. Always sharp-eyed and sharp-witted, she took after him greatly in his love of the outdoors and fascination with the world. One fateful night, she helped defend the tavern from some rowdy men with a cudgel and a little bit of latent magic. She'd always had a hefty swing, and it was this event that made her father realize that she had a spark of fire in her.

Her father trained her up, bringing out his old trusty greatsword and taking her out into the wilderness to learn the ways of the wooded warrior. He'd known some power and fame in his time, his communion with nature harkening back to some long-ago tryst with elvenkind. Astera has, under his tutelage, become a full-bodied ranger all her own, helping protect her town until the lure of money and adventure lit s fire in her belly. She is no great hero, but is a friendly, deeply good, and wild girl at heart.

She is purposefully simple and easy-going, with hints at something greater that runs in the blood of the Lockheed hunters.

Description: A chocolate-haired and bronze-skinned woman. Standing around 5'8", she is no slight waif; wide hips and a heavy chest complete her figure, though she wears it well on muscled legs. She looks far more soft than perhaps one might guess, owing to a sweet tooth and a love of mulled cider, but her sturdy strength is otherwise well-apparent.

Scarcely twenty-five, her demeanor and physicality speak of an avid outdoorswoman who has seen her fair share of the countryside. An easy smile on plump, dark lips and way with people suggest comfort with men and women alike, and her familiarity with drink suggests a bustling and busy barmaid of some time before. She always seems to have a song on her lips, and more than one stranger has found her arm around their shoulders... or snaking down to the seat of their pants with a mischievous glint in eyes a shade of hazel.

She wears layered chain and favors a sword a size too large for her, layering herself in thick and comfortable leather and fur while on the job, and a soft cotton dress over trousers while in repose. She favors the practical over the fashionable, with the curious exception of a banded silver necklace that she wears even whilst skin-to-skin with others.

Kinks--

Dominance-- Astera loves dominance, both the act of being dominant and in turn being dominated. She loves nothing more than to tease and drive someone wild with her body-- she especially enjoys edging someone through application of heavy breasts on either side of a throbbing cock.

Public Play -- a complete tease, she enjoys pushing the boundaries by bringing their play to the edge of the public. Voyeurism and exhibitionism alike.

Clothed Sex -- loves making clothes a part of play. Stroking through one's trousers, a hand down a maiden's neckline, and more.

Oral of all kinds -- giving, receiving, face-sitting, and more.

Last edited:

Here's her character sheet, all nice and pretty.

Selah was born into a family that was looked down upon for their poverty. As times became more desperate their family tried to find more ways to make ends meet. Eventually the topic of selling their only daughter came up. No more than the age of six and her life was for sale to the highest bidder. Fortunately that night there happened to be a quiet man who payed for her in full and took her to her new home, a reclusive monastery in the mountains dedicated to training the next generation of martial and magic users. A group of monks highly trained and lethal. As the years progressed, she became an exceptional student and showed extreme skill and promise. As her ascension from the monastery came, she was set out into the world with a simple task. Go into the world and find a way to leave it a bit better than the way you found it. With no clear direction and many questions she began to wander into the wide world where she quickly stumbled into a group of adventurers who seemed to need a bit of support from her.

Selah stands a bit short at 5'2" with vibrant sandy-red hair and contrasting brilliant emerald eyes. Her skin delicately painted with freckles. Her body a bit more tone due to the extensive physical training over the years she's gone through and maintains. A few scars cross her abdomen, shoulders, and calves, marks from when she got sloppy during her training in the monastery. On her back is an artistic tattoo of a burning phoenix that runs the length of her back on onto her arms and legs.

Despite her sometimes cold and more serious demeanor, once Selah gets warmed up she's a dedicated partner. Always making sure to completely and thoroughly satisfy her partner, almost as if resembling a loyal submissive, never afraid to use her extensive knowledge of Ki and her connection to the more primal forces of the world. She tends to situations the involve a group and prefers to keep to one partner at a time.

Last edited:
Alright, invites have been sent. Thanks to everyone who applied. If you've received a message, I'll see you soon in the game threads.

Back
Top Bottom