Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[CLOSED] By Campfire Glow - D&D 5e, combat-light, roleplay-heavy, smut-heavy.

Liminal

Star
So I'm just gonna put this out there right off the bat: this idea is not meant to be for a very serious or complex game. I'm expecting it to just be a fun, smutty romp without much in the way of heavy drama or tension. Nor do I see it including much of the usual D&D adventuring fare--combat, dungeon-crawling, and so on. The D&D game will play a part, but mostly just as a backdrop, used only as much as we all feel like it creates new opportunities for fun scenes. If that's not your cup of tea, then I don't want to waste your time.

Now, if you're still here, let's talk about what this game is. One of my favorite things about D&D and similar games, and one that I think gets overlooked a lot, is exploring the adventuring party as not just coworkers, but friends, and seeing how they are in the more relaxed moments of their lives, when they're not crawling around trap-infested tombs or fighting monsters that want to eat their faces. So, I want to run a D&D game that follows an adventuring party who's just made their latest big score, and are now on their way back to the capital to spend their gains (ill-gotten or otherwise) on a few months of easy living before they have to go out and do it all over again. I'm picturing an atmosphere like that of a group of friends on a road trip--not a lot of danger, plenty of supplies, and little to worry about beyond enjoying the sights of the countryside and finding comfortable campsites.

I don't want to go into too much detail about the setting, since I want to leave everyone the freedom to define elements that pertain to their character as they like. What I will say is that it'll be a fairly low-magic, low-supernatural world--your characters can totally be magic-users, but magic and monsters and whatnot are generally quite rare for anyone who's not an adventurer. There might be races other than humans, but I think they tend to be weird and alien and mostly keep to themselves, if they exist; if you don't want to play a human character, I'd suggest either playing something like a half-elf, or perhaps fluffing something like a dragonborn or tiefling as a human with magical influence on their bloodline (tieflings are already basically that, I guess). The culture and technology of the local region will be broadly late medieval western/northern European, but you're welcome to say your character is from any kind of culture in another part of the world.

Because this won't really be a high-stakes scenario, and balance won't be much of a concern, I'd like to run a DMPC. I feel like playing a female human wizard with a hedge witch kind of flavor. I'm also very much open to this having a pretty cooperative style of DMing, where anyone who wants to do a certain kind of scene or encounter is totally welcome to suggest it, and either I'll run it, or they can step up and do so themselves.

Like I said, I want this to be a smutty game. I don't think the world at large will have a sexual tone, but aside from any hirelings or retainers we decide to have with us, and any strangers our characters meet on the road, the PCs will have all the privacy they want. I like the idea of them all being close and comfortable with one another after all the time they've spent together, though of course not everyone has to be sexual with everyone else. We can also involve NPCs and outside encounters in smutty scenes, if people want to.

I think 4th level would be a good choice for this game--not legendary heroes who go around saving the world, but experienced and accustomed to the adventuring life. If you're interested, feel free to go ahead and make a 4th-level character as per the normal rules. I don't think we need to worry too much about detailed gear tracking; if there are any magic items you especially want to have, go ahead and just grab them.

Anyone want to give this a shot? Pretty please? 😇

Awesome! I could run this with two players plus my DMPC, though it'd be nice to have at least one more. Why don't you two go ahead and make your characters, though?

I might go with a aasimar sorlock, (Maybe with the Many Faces Evocation, so he can be whatever the party wants him to be ;)
A drow elf assasin/gloomstalker ranger is an option too.
or if we want inhumans, a dragonborne Barbarian/paladin/fighter, tank warrior.

Im open though,

Would like to be male.
2 males, 2 females would be perfect.

Last edited:
I would be pretty interested in this as well! I've had some ideas for some smutty D&D shenanigans for a while.

Would this be done entirely on here?

A D&D RP sounds like fun! I'm interested if there's still room on the roster?

A D&D RP sounds like fun! I'm interested if there's still room on the roster?
By all means! I don't like to do these things first-come-first-served; I want to take a look at the characters people put together and pick the ones I'd enjoy running for. So don't worry about how many people have already submitted.

The Character I'm thinking of playing is a Tiefling Bard named Ziven Muzyka. He's a Flamboyant College of Glamour Bard who just likes to goof around and have fun.
[automerge]1582518835[/automerge]
Also--if this is submission based, could I request we put up a bit of an Embargo? It may take significantly longer for people to make characters depending on some circumstances. Like if they're playing a spellcaster or not. So could I request we have a bit of a Grace Period to get everything together?

I definitely appreciate it not being first-come first-served. I'll work up a character -- would you like it dropped here, PMed to you directly, or perhaps dropped in a secondary profile thread?

Go ahead and drop it here. Once I have a group picked out, I'll ask those selected to move to a profile thread.
[automerge]1582519437[/automerge]
The Character I'm thinking of playing is a Tiefling Bard named Ziven Muzyka. He's a Flamboyant College of Glamour Bard who just likes to goof around and have fun.
[automerge]1582518835[/automerge]
Also--if this is submission based, could I request we put up a bit of an Embargo? It may take significantly longer for people to make characters depending on some circumstances. Like if they're playing a spellcaster or not. So could I request we have a bit of a Grace Period to get everything together?
Good point, thanks. Let's say, Wednesday evening I'll look them over? Just let me know if you need more time.

Ok, kool. The character I'm thinking about playing is Baerik "Strong Forge" Kalagiano. A Goliath barbarian and craftsman, Given the nickname "Strong Forge" by the elders of his clan for his skill in smithing.

Keep in mind, folks, this is generally a demihuman-light setting. If you want to play something like a goliath, perhaps consider making them more or less humans with some weird ancestry?

His Information such as Physical Description and the like is on the sheet.

Ahhh, this sounds so cute and interesting, but I'm sort of a novice/newcomer when it comes to D&D stuff so I'm not sure how well I'd do... ; v ;"

Ahhh, this sounds so cute and interesting, but I'm sort of a novice/newcomer when it comes to D&D stuff so I'm not sure how well I'd do... ; v ;"
This is perfect for you, then! The rules don't matter much in this game, since it'll be so light on combat and danger and whatnot. And I'm happy to help out however you need!

Rereading your description where combat isnt too much a thing, i think I might go for a cleric instead for the Rping aspect.

His Information such as Physical Description and the like is on the sheet.
Ziven looks fantastic! That kind of backstory totally fits with what I have in mind for the setting. Can I just ask how the math works out on his ability scores? An 18 and a 20 seems pretty high.

The 18 came from his Ability Score Increase from 4th level. The 20 came from his +2 Charisma modifier from being a Tiefling. I could roll up a new spread if it would make you more comfortable.

The 18 came from his Ability Score Increase from 4th level. The 20 came from his +2 Charisma modifier from being a Tiefling. I could roll up a new spread if it would make you more comfortable.
So, did you roll randomly for starting scores? If not, can you walk me through your process from the beginning? It doesn't matter all that much, I'd just like to make sure I understand the numbers. For the record, I'd prefer everyone either use point-buy or standard array, rather than rolling, so if you rolled yours, I'll ask you to redo them with one of those methods.

Can I toss my ring in the hat too?

If so would you consider Aasimar as sufficiently human? They are essentially human with weird ancestry after all and that seems to be the benchmark for non-human in your setting.

Can I toss my ring in the hat too?

If so would you consider Aasimar as sufficiently human? They are essentially human with weird ancestry after all and that seems to be the benchmark for non-human in your setting.
By all means! An aasimar should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom