Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Flowers For The Dead King (Ravenofpoe X DigitalSiren)

Kore jumped a little at the sound, not expecting such a noise in his realm. A small from her her face she looked towards where he pointed. A small tremor when down her spine as he told her of the prison's newest inmate. "Good.." her voice was soft, but even the spring goddess was a fan of such a place for those who committed such deeds. Shaking her head, her read hair swaying with the motion. Letting that flash of anger slip through her, her spring green eyes met his own. "You chose the dead?" It was curious, but she didn't judge him for it.

A playful smile curled on her lips. "Don't like the sand?" The smile grew some as she nodded to the prison, unable to help but tease the king before her. "Though, seems you have a fondness for thunder" She hadn't had a choice as to what sort of goddess she was, she was the daughter of Demeter, her role decided for her in a sense. It was interesting to her, that they had been able to pick.

“No, I just suck at pulling lots.” That was his lot in life bad pick. First born first eaten. Scarred from his father’s teeth to a degree that they healed. Ever. Then there were other issues. At the mention of sand, he smiled, “No it is more just me here this is my place. I go up once in a blue moon.” ((Pun intended))

Leaning against the car he watched the sky return to normal. “Nah just presentation its expected down here to some degree. I like trying to keep the masses happier than just listless.” He stretched checking his watch. “Where else would you like to see before I drop you at the gate? I would not want Aramis to break the doors down.”

A small shake of her head was given, looking out. She only knew of the areas he had shown her, asphodel meadows she assumed was the city.. Tilting her head she looked to him, watching as he checked his watch. "She thinks I am at school, so I doubt that would be too much of a worry.." Looking back out at his kingdom. While he may have sucked at pulling lots, his words.. the work he had put into his realm was, breathtaking. "Do.. you have a favorite place?" Kore offered a shy smile.

She liked spending time with him, as funny as that seemed to be to say. She'd always heard stories about the big three, but he didn't love up to the ones she'd heard. Perhaps a little cold or standoffish, but... wouldn't' she have been in his place? People feared him, his realm. It meant they judged him before knowing him. Which, was a true pity.

Favorite place? He never got that question often even in the old days. He had a few that brought a smile. His home for instance was his true domain a modern Victorian home set amongst the trees of old willows that wept true tears of the gods it was said. “I suppose my home is my favorite but that is nothing to show off though. Truly boring and if anyone saw I’m afraid there are a few that would have my head. Hera came to mind though she may be relived after all the failures she sent his way. Unhappy matches that hated the domain the title was nice but how do you cope with the despair here in the lowest reaches of the world. His power like all gods came from belief. He didn’t sleep like the rest. He never lost followers. He had been the one to help influence the others wakes ups with new followers. Hecate even knew the game and helped him it was her department. It was why she was second only to him and her rules were followed so that they never had this problem.

“I suppose we should head back to company property that way a story can be managed that you were lost if asked. Virtues are important to the ones that dwelled upstairs.” He opened her car door Cerberus jumping in before she could. A snap of his fingers and he was in the back laying in his normal spot. He got in after her though and drove to the garage of the underworld where cars were parked. His spot was empty as were the three to either side that simply read. ‘Park here if you wish to have the mother of all towing bills.’

Her question seemed to throw him, if only for a moment. A smiled curled on Kore's lips and she gave a small nod. "I understand, though I doubt it's boring.." She wouldn't have minded seeing his home, more so because it was his favorite place.. But she knew if Artemis ever wound out, she'd freak. For that matter so would her mother. Looking out at the landscape she frowned for a moment. She was meant to follow in her mother's footsteps. Become an eternal virgin.. She knew that it was the plan for her, but not an insignificant part of her wondered if it was what she really wanted. Hestia, Artemis... both encouraged her to embrace the choice. Even if she was a little little goddess, when she was with Hades, her heart seemed to quicken.

Turning to look at him, her face already composed into a slight smile she nodded. She watched as Cerberus jumped in and giggled, even as Hades snapped his fingers. Slipping back into his car she waited till he had pulled up before speaking. "Could I come visit you again?" There was blush in her cheeks and she was looking down at her hands, her fingers twisting together. Slowly her chin lifted and she gave him a shy smile, a dimple flashing. "And Cerberus?" Her voice sounded hopeful. A voice in the back of her mind said he didn't want a silly goddess lurking around him, he had better things to do with his time.. Better people to use that time for. The butterflies in her stomach though, which had prompted her question didn't seem to get better with her asking, no they spun and fluttered faster as she waited for his answer.

Back
Top Bottom