Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to the Jungle

inchhighguy

Planetoid
Chult is the primary region on the Chultan Peninsula. And though, yes, the namesake Jungles of Chult are here, and they are indeed home to many mysteries–there’s more than just the jungle to define this region. After all, a traveller might visit the holy city of Mezro–a bastion of civilization with its own arcane academy replete with years of knowledge. The land of Chult is protected by the many-aspected Ubtao, a divine being who maintains vigilance over threats from the Peaks of Flame. Indeed, in the holy city of Mezro the undying baras of Ubtao (who are a bit like paladins unless you’re talking to them), can be seen keeping watch over the city, maintaining peace and order.

And then of course there’s the small city of Port Nyanzaru–an important trading center which is Chult’s portal to the realms. And while it may seem as though it’s more like a fortress than a city, it’s only built that way because of the numerous pirates that roam the coastal waters.

Akame, one of many of Nyanzaru's denizens, has spent the last year building up a modicum of renown. Many of the dinosaur-head hunting trophies hung up in taverns were slain by her hand, and an equal number of the dinosaurs used for races she had captured.
Today was a day like any other, for her. She'd go to the local hunters' request lobby, and look for someone to talk to. She had taken a few weeks off, after her last contract, and found it high time for a new one.

The Hunters' House is a small place, with a small sign. The looby is often empty, but the place still does plenty of business. Dallen Yardwick, one of the half elf males that works at the House as a handler comes over.

Dallen Yardwick "Well again, Akame, it is nice to see you again. Are you looking for work? I hope you are as I have a hot job."

"You think I come here to sip tea, master Yardwick?" She says, planting both hands on the counter as her turn to see the receptionist arrives. "Let's hear it. I'm looking for something to loosen the muscles."

Dallen Yardwick "Don't bite my head off, I was just asking. I need to be sure. This might not be a normal hunt. I got this outlander wizard, and he wants a couple of very specific Udayi. Very dangerious magical ones. Would you be up for that?

She squinted her eyes at that particular inquiry, wondering just how bad the creatures could be if she had to agree to it up front. "Tell me more about these Udayi, Yardwick. Don't test my patience."

Dallen Yardwick "Ah, well, he would not tell me. Very dangerous and magical. If you agree, I can tell you where his agent is.....and you can go ask him."

The woman doesn't quite like the idea of going in blind...but it wasn't like she was about to walk out on this. "Fine. Tell me where I can find this man, and I'll talk to him."

Dallen Yardwick "He is wating in a white tent just south of the south checkpoint, just tell the guards my name,"

Dallen Yardwick "three special creatures is all I know.....but guess the outlander wants them bad."

"Well, I guess I shouldn't keep them waiting..." She said, holding up her hand in a wave. "I'll go meet with these people. See you again soon, Yardwick."

Dallen Yardwick nods as you leave. It's a short enough walk through the city, and out the south side. It does not take long to spot the large white tent, with two gnolls standing guard at the tent flaps.

[Knowladge- Gnolls are native to the area, while they don't live in the jungle itself, they are common enough in grasslands. They are strong and brutal, and often greedy to a fault.]

The gnolls don't react much and simply stand guard, they do watche her approch the tent.

From inside the tent, a small halfling in leather armor pokes his head out of the tent flap, sees you, and waves you towards the tent opening.

The bird heeds the beckoning, and walks past the guards. "Gentlemen." She says, nodding at them as she passes, trying not to gag from the stink.

The halfing stays by the tent flaps. The inside of the tent has a small desk made of wood and three wooden chairs. A human male in long white robes waits standing in the middle of the tent on a large white carpet.

Osorkon Al-Ra Bensoussan " I am Osorkon Al-Ra Bensoussan, Wizard of no Small Dune. So you are the great hunter that will gain me my prize! Yes, so be it!"

(A Dune is a small hill of wind blown sand or dirt. They are common enough. The 'no small dune' is not an expression that you have heard.)

Back
Top Bottom