Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Welcome to the Jungle

"Have you heard of me, or am I just the next fool to step into your parlor?" She asks, crossing her arms.
"Suppose I'd at least give you my name. Akame Jetfeather."

Osorkon Al-Ra Bensoussan "You will be my third hire yes. The other two failed. Akame Jetfeather, By the Tripple Sun, may you not fail me.

I seek, Immortality. To live forever with power. To be a Sun Star. I have what I need for my ritual, except one thing. I need the ka, the ba, and the akh of divine power. Not something you can find at a street vender. But it can be found here in Chult. Out there in the Green, there are three special dinosaurs, each with a part of that power. All three and I can assend. And I need you to get them for me."

"Uhuh. So what reward do you offer for the ingredients to your immortality? Sounds like anything less than an elephant-load of gold would be underselling it."

"That's not what I-... You know what, sure. An elephant's weight in gold sounds more than fair."
She'd find the nearest seat, no doubt very comfortable, considering this man had money in spades.

"Tell me about these beasts need killing."

Osorkon Al-Ra Bensoussan "The weight of an elephant in gold, fine. They are dinosaurs, but smarter. They are magical beasts, so they have some minor magical powers."

"I need a full description, as well as any other information you might know about them. Weaknesses, feeding habits, habitat. Anything."

Osorkon Al-Ra Bensoussan "I don't know all that. I'm not a hunter and what I know of animals is limited. They live in Chult and I want them.....I need to know little else."

"With such little information, it's no wonder your previous hunters haven't returned. This seems like a very unwise hunt to undertake, to me. If you don't even have a description, I could spend years hunting and finding nothing."

Osorkon Al-Ra Bensoussan "They also were people of honor, not greedy and did not ask so many questions. But everyone is different, that is the way of the world."

"There's a name we have for people like that around here. Dead men. You're on your own. This contract stinks of death."
She stands, and prepares to leave.

"Have fun trying to find one as good as I. I wish you happy hunting."

She'd part the flaps on the tent, and thank herself for her sound judgment. A client as ill informed as this one is bound to spell trouble.

Port Nyanzaru hugs the coastline at the south end of the Bay of Chult. No other city exists in Chult, along the coast or anywhere else, except in ruins or overrun by monstrous creatures.
Port Nyanzaru is a bastion of civilization and commerce in a savage land. The amount of business that unfolds here and the cash that moves through its counting houses would make any merchant jealous. It's also a colorful, musical, aroma-filled, vibrant city in its own right. Other than trade, the biggest attractions are the weekly dinosaur races through the streets. Locals and visitors alike wager princely sums on the races' outcomes. The city also boasts grand bazaars, glorious mansions and temples, circuses, and gladiatorial contests.

Enemies surround Port Nyanzaru on all sides. The jungle teems with ferocious reptiles and murderous undead, pirates prowl the surrounding sea, and the mouth of the bay is home to a greedy dragon turtle.

Akame returns to the hunting agency, keen on getting a different contract. If yardwick is still in, she'd walk up to his particular counter. If not, she'd find anyone else she's enjoyed working with in the past.

"That guy with his tent set up outside town? He's bad news. You need to stop sending hunters there."

Dallen Yardwick "Oh don't let him ruffel your feathers...all forigen folks are weird. That one paid well."

"Yes. And he's the first person I turned down. And that's after he promised me an elephant's weight in gold. He's bad news, Yardwick."

Dallen Yardwick "Ok, if you say so. I trust your insight. So, then guess you're looking for a more easy, simple job then?"

"No. I want a job that actually comes with something to go off of. Know what he told me? "I need three distinct dinosaurs." But then to refused to tell me *anything* about them."

Dallen Yardwick "He would not tell me anything either. As I said, any foreign folk are strange.

"Yeah, well you can't hunt ghosts, and this man expects me to just divine the beasts he's searching for, so no thanks. What else you got?"

Dallen Yardwick "well, a Compy egg hunt? 50 gold per intact egg. What do you say to that?"

Compsognathus A a small, bipedal, carnivourous dinosaur. Its streamlined body shape allowed it to run swiftly

Back
Top Bottom