Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Vampiress Betrothed (Ryu_Momochi And Fallen Angel)

Nothing had stayed the same since the night that he had left, she still held the grudge against him. Oh how he made her so mad! First the fight and then leaving without saying good bye, she truly needed a friend now but she wasn't sure if she wanted his friendship. Her fathers kingdom was withering, no money, the vampires going hungry and no humans to kill! More so not enough of his vampiric knights to take an attack against the humans, these were dark days and it was going to continue. Though more so it only darkened for Akasha when she learned the news of her betrothing to a very wealthy and powerful Vampire who was coming to make her his bride and lead their kingdom from the darkness.

Akasha mumbled as she stood in the courtyard with her father. "Betrothed? I don't even know the Vampire. I will not marry this man." She shook her head and closed her eyes for a second before hearing her father sigh. Her eyes opened and her bright yellow eyes gave a light glint from the moon light and she looked over to him. "I don't care. You are meeting him tomorrow night. And by the next full moon you are to be married." Was all that came out of his mouth before he disappeared. She turned and her brows furrowed. Her tongue moved and ran along her fangs and she sighed as she sat down onto a nearby rock and crossed her arms.

The next full moon was only a month away, and she had to fall in love with this Vampire by then?

Akasha was near twenty when she was changed unlike her father when he was in his mid fifties. When she becomes married, she would forever be a young queen which was quite nice. She stood tall at 5'8'', her skin was pale now though smooth to the touch. Her eyes were before a dark almost lucious forest green but now a dark creamy yellow which was easily seen in the dark. Her hair was now black instead of her nice brown, she wore a long black and red dress that hug to her form. Nothing to formal or fancy but nothing to raggedy like many of the others. She was meeting this Vampire tomorrow evening and anyone could tell..

She was overjoyed...Not so much.

Ryu stood on the edge of a large parapet. Overlooking a large garden with his ice blue eyes. He wasn't always one to act so regal, so refined, but it was what his father wished. He didn't like having left the old kingdom as they had, having to burn all bridges so they wouldn't be arrested... or worse, killed. And now, he was returning, once again,'Can I do this...?' he thought to himself. He let his raven black hair go free a bit, feeling the warm night air rush over his cold pale skin. He was about five foot ten, and his body was sleek but muscular. He had learned to fight while he was young, vowing to protect his family from any who offered harm to them. But it wasn't just that... he wanted to be able to protect whoever was to be his future wife... but he didn't thing it would be someone he didn't pick. His family had been lucky, gaining their fortune and power. He was never really one to believe in miracles, but this was truly one. He moved, grabbing a large tan shirt, slipping it over his chest and torso as he grabbed a few more clothes. He liked to wear comfortable things, much to the err of his father, who preferred it if he wore more regal, fitting clothes, but those just strangled him and make him feel as though someone was trying to chain him up. He moved, jumping off the parapet and landing silently on the ground, running as fast and as hard as he could, his fathers voice echoing in his mind,'Married... me... to who...?' he thought as he ran. He enjoyed running, it made him feel free, like he could do anything. He looked up into the sky, the night still young and he could do anything he wished. He ran, as far and as fast as he could. He was to meet with her during the next night, and then he'd have to figure out what he'd do. He smiled softly, knowing no matter what, whoever this girl was, she was someone of power, and his family wanted a lot of that...
He ran until he could no longer run, his body sore and his chest on fire as he panted in and out deeply. He stood at the edge of a small canyon a good distance from where him and his father had been staying, looking down over it. He could see the bottom quite easily, and knew that even for him it would be a death drop. He sighed softly as he looked up at the night sky, taking a deep breath to ease the soreness and calm the burning in his chest. He opened his eyes softly, backing up a few paces before running full speed. He lept into the darkness, into the unknown, wanting to just throw it all away. He felt as though time stood still, his body weightless as he flew through the air. He landed with a soft thud on the other side of the canyon, rolling slightly from the speed. He lay staring up at the sky, the moon looking down at him and he smiled,"We'll find out..." he whispered to himself,"Tomorrow... we'll find out our fate..." he said as he closed his eyes, letting his body rest awhile before he would return.

Day slowly came and she had left into the castle to get her sleep, though as the day passed and night arrived she was awoke from her sleep with a soft sigh, seeing one of her maids. One who was very close to her, now almost a friend who held a wide smile upon her face. "Time to get up and get ready to meet your new husband." She giggled and pulled Akasha from the bed who groaned out. She knew he was traveling, but not sure when he'd arrive but it would probably be soon. Stripped and pushed into the shower she was cleaned up, her hair dried out straight and a black dress slung over her body loosely this time. She had changed since she was younger, she didn't care whether she was clean or dirt. Most of the time her hair was everywhere with dirt in it and dirt upon her face.

Her father disgusted and ordered to get herself cleaned up, though now with how wealthy they were.. or more so was. He had transformed her into a slightly proper girl, though every now and then she'd get her time to run off and return whens he wanted to. Though slipping her shoes on, the sound of her heels clicked along the tiled floor and she walked down the hallway into the entrance hall of the castle, though not a hall at all a huge room.

Akasha scratched the side of her head as the sun had set down and darkness was slowly taking over the sky, the stars shining brightly and she breathed in. Would he be able to handle her? She was curious who this Vampire was going to be and she grew grin upon her face, she'd put him through hell and then he wouldn't want to marry her. Though that would only ruin her fathers chances at regrowing his kingdom and she groaned, she had to do this. She knew it.

He was already there by the time she was awakened, having traveled in a light proof carriage, it allowed him time to talk with her father. His back was to the door which she entered, he was talking with her father, not recognizing the man,"So... where is she...?" he asked, his voice smooth and calm, although his body was burning from his earlier run. He didn't show it though, having trained himself to show little. He was wearing a deep red outfit, something that made him look important, but he loathed the thing. He let his hand move up to his collar every now and then, pulling it to show a bit of his discomfort as he waited to see the young woman who was to be his wife, the one who had basically been sold to his family. He didn't know if he would love this woman, but he would do his duty and protect her, doing as he had been taught for years... protect the line... serve the family... keep the bloodline alive... these where all things he must do.
He heard the sound of someone moving behind him, and figured it must be her. He wasn't really sure if he wanted to see her yet, a bit afraid of what she might look like. He had only been in love once before, but he wasn't really sure if it was love, she had been his best friend, and they'd known so much about each other, it was more like they where brother and sister than anything else. But he still had developed feelings for her. He didn't know what had become of her, they hadn't left each other on good terms, having had a huge fight over him leaving. He had wanted to leave with his father, wanted to make sure he'd be good enough to make a good husband, but she hadn't wanted him to leave, and he never knew why... He shook his head slightly, unnoticeable to shake the thoughts out,'That was the past... I must focus on the now...' he thought to himself as he turned his head slightly, not seeing her, but she'd be able to see him.

And she hadn't wanted him to leave, for she held the same feelings as well. She thought it was love, those butterfly feelings in her gut when she was around him. But he wanted to leave and it broke her heart, quite literally and she breathed in. At least she'd be doing better now, could she love him? She'd try for her father and she stepped forward to see her father who breathed in with a smile. "Ah here she is." He said and pointed to her. Akasha saw the back of the man and she cocked her head to the side before she walked around him and looked up to give a soft smile towards the Vampire. It started to grow and then it faded just as fast as she breathed in quite sharply, though she shook her head slowly and she stepped back as she saw who it was...Ryu.. "Is this a joke?" She asked and glared towards her father who gave quite a confused look. "No, this is the man that I chose. Do you not like my decision?" He asked and she touched her head.

"You chose, Ryu?" She asked and looked to him, sure thing he had changed but her best friend of a few years ago. He didn't want to stay and be friends, he wanted to leave with his father and what he wanted him to be. Sure..that was a good thing but it had hurt her and her eyebrows furrowed before seeing her fathers eyes open wide. "Oh my, this is Ryu?" He asked with a laugh and patted his shoulder, "My boy, it's great to see you! What a wonderful choice indeed!" He exclaimed and grinned.

When he turned his head and saw who she was he didn't react as she had. Instead he stood there, motionless, quiet. He felt the pat on his shoulder and he moved away,"This deal is off... no matter what my father says..." he said as he moved towards the door silently. He wanted to stay, wanted to be excited, but he was scared, he knew he'd hurt her in the past, and he couldn't forgive himself for that, but he knew that if this happened right now, he'd end up hurting her again. He didn't want that, couldn't let that happen. No matter how badly they'd left off, he still had feelings for her, but he figured she didn't have the same feelings for him, she probably had someone else who she loved. He moved, starting to push open the door, getting ready to leave. He turned his head softly,"Don't worry though..." he said softly,"I'll make sure my father gives you help..." he said as he closed his eyes,"After all... I was born here..." he said as he opened the door slowly. He wanted to look at her, wanted to rush over and hug her tighter than he thought possible, but he couldn't his heart wouldn't let him. He kept his eyes on the door, breathing softly, but he could smell her scent, and it made him hesitate... made him not want to leave just yet... His mind flashed back, before he was to leave, he and her were playing in the garden, enjoying the feel of the breeze on their skin. He could see them, having fun, not worrying or caring what was going on around them. He wanted that again, wanted to go back and tell his father he didn't want to leave, didn't want to be what they wanted him to be. He wanted to just stay with her... he wanted to tell her how he felt about her, but he was afraid... afraid and that made him leave. He felt like such a coward, he didn't deserve her feelings for him.

"No, the deal is not off." He said and snapped his fingers as his guards shut the door. "Your father and I made the deal. It is your father who has to break the deal off." He said and looked to Akasha where he cocked his brow, turned and left them. She opened her mouth and she bit her bottom lip, gasping as she felt her fangs pricked her bottom lip before licking her lip and she looked up to him. "We can't break it off." She said and crossed her arms over her stomach and she turned around. "We both may not like it, but.. we must deal with it. Because often two people who do not love each other are married." She said and looked back to him before she turned around, her back to him and her bottom lip quivered.

How in the world did he choose him and not remember who he was? She closed her eyes and shook her head. She did have slight feelings for him still but she was still hurt by his choice. Sure it probably was for the best for him, but he had rejected her and without even saying goodbye or sorry. "Make yourself at home." she said and stepped forward before leaving the hallway entrance, her fathers guards standing in front of the door.

He looked at the guards, giving a slight glare. He knew this was not smart on her fathers part, seeing as he probably had more combat experience than either of them. He moved and turned away, moving towards the window,"I will not accept this... I can do as I wish..." he said as he opened the window. He had to get away, her scent was making him breath a bit faster, but he didn't show it, he kept his mind on track, keeping his feelings buried away. He heard her leave and he sighed a bit, moving and looking out the window. He would have to find a way to get out of this, he had to... He closed his eyes gently, a few random thoughts rushing through his mind. He sighed and moved, sitting on the bed and laying back, closing his eyes softly,"what have I gotten into...?" he asked softly, opening his eyes and starting at the ceiling softly. He would be trapped here for the rest of the night and day, and knew he wouldn't be allowed to leave. He thought about what she had said, about how two people who didn't love each other would often get married, did that mean she didn't love him? Did it mean that she had never loved him? His mind was rushing through so many thoughts, unsure of what most of them meant. He sighed softly, taking a deep breath as he moved to change into his relaxation clothing.

She had left the hallway but she had left outside to the courtyard once more and she sat down as she shook her head, how could he do this. Pick a man that would never love her even if they got married? She sighed and looked down as the moon shone down onto her. Though back in the castle an elderly woman walked back into the hallway and grew a little grin as she saw the man. "I remember you dear." She said with a nod, "when you and Akasha were young and would go out and play in the garden. Get so dirty and anger her father." She gave a soft laugh and touched his shoulder. "Too bad you had left her, she had loved you so much back then." She said and nudged him. "But I'm sure you knew that, Maybe you could win her back." She said with a grin. "Let me show you to your room." She turned and walked out of the hallway and into a new one where the rooms were, his just across from her own.

He barely listened to the elderly woman's voice, hearing her say she remembered him and such. But he didn't say much, instead he just carried what little baggage he had and placed it in the room. He was still thinking about what he had to do, what he was going to be forced to do. He sighed a bit, moving and laying on the bed once more, his ice blue eyes staring up at the ceiling as he could remember all the fun they'd had as kids. He closed his eyes softly, taking soft breaths as he remembered their childhood. He could see them, running and having fun, as though they had no cares in the world. He gave a soft smile, wishing he could go back to that,"I'm sorry..." he whispered gently to himself, as if he was talking to her,"For leaving..." he said as he took a deep breath, trying to relax his mind and body. He moved silently and grabbed his sleep clothes, removing his current ones and slipping them on. He moved and stayed on the bed, his eyes closed as it looked as though he was asleep.

Akasha heard the back door open and she turned to see her father and she sighed softly before turning her head, "Talk to him, Akasha.." He said and touched her shoulder. She shrugged it off and stood up slowly, "Why should I? He hurt me and he doesn't even care now." She muttered and pointed and he sighed softly, "But you do." He said and she glanced down. "So what..just a bit. Doesn't matter anymore." She growled and looked back up to him from the ground and shook her head. "Mornings almost here." She said and pointed to the sky and her father bit his lip. "Right, get your sleep. And from now on til the wedding you two shall be together. You shall do nothing else." He nodded and turned, she glared up to him but he disappeared once again. He was good at that and she looked up to the sky, the stars slowly disappearing and she made her way back into the castle and towards her bedroom. She hated that the bedroom walls were so thin, everything was heard and he would hear her through the wall as well.

The elderly maid helped her from her corset. "Why don't you talk to him. I know you still love him." He said and pulled it off. Akasha muttered and shook her head. "Even if I did still love him..he wouldn't care. Did you see how he acted. He acted like it was a sin to look at me. Or more so I was like hell.." She sighed and touched her head, almost as if he was disgusted to see her and she shook her head. "He hates me, Sarah." She turned, pulling on her night clothes.

He stayed silent as he listened, hearing every word. He sighed softly as he heard her say that he didn't care, he did, that's why he reacted the way he had. He didn't want to hurt her again, didn't want to see her in the same pain he'd left her in. He closed his eyes, wishing it would all go away as he moved, slipping under the covers of his bed,"Please... forgive me..." he said to himself, wishing he could just go and hold her, make everything better, but he could tell that she had not forgiven him yet, the tone of her voice telling him this. He took a deep breath, his mind going once more to back when they where children, playing and having fun. He sighed gently as he sat up, unable to sleep, wanting to just rush over to her, wrap his arms around her and say that he was sorry a million and a half times. He let his hands move, rubbing his eyes a bit as he tried to stay awake, tried to think right...

"He might, but he might not. You never know. Now as your father said. You two shall be together from tomorrow on." She turned and left the room. Akasha laying in her bed and she saw the sun slowly rising and she growled as she pushed the button, her windows closing to pitch black and sleep slowly consumed her. Though the hours had passed and the day went on by quicker than she had licked, her windows opening and her eyes fluttering to see the sun behind the mountains and she sat up slowly. Changing from her sleep wear she pulled on something other than a dress. Sure, her father wouldn't appreciate it but if he was still the friend.. like her father and Sarah had said then he wouldn't mind. Pulling on a pair of black pants, black boots with a white button up blouse and her red corset tied around her top.

She stepped out of her room and to his room, knocking on the door and opening it up. "Rise and shine." She said and turned before leaving to the kitchen.

He didn't sleep the entire day, his mind racing with thoughts of her, and what might happen between them. He saw the shades go down when he pressed the button, but didn't sleep, his mind too restless to sleep as he stared into the darkness. He wanted her to be happy, and knew that she wouldn't be happy with him. As the day began to fade the curtains went up, and he heard a knock at the door. He sighed and rolled over, not wanting to leave the room, not wanting to face her like this, not wanting her to know just how much he was fighting himself as he pushed himself into his pillow, trying to get a little sleep as the sun slowly slid beyond the horizon. He knew it would be a good while before he could leave, and they where to be married by the full moon,'Would that be possible...?' he thought to himself,'To fall back in love so soon...?' he closed his eyes, wanting to sleep, wanting to rid his mind of all these thoughts and just relax.

Akasha reached the kitchen and stood there as their blood was set out and she sighed, "Where is, Ryu?" Her father asked and cocked her brow. "I don't know, probably sleeping still." She ran her fingers through her hair and froze as her father glared towards her and a glint sparkled in his eyes and she peered down. "Fine." She turned on her heel as her father grinned, and she walked down the hallway. She growled and reached his room, "Get up.." She said and knocked on the door before stepping inside and turning on the light. "Might as well try to get along..eh?" She asked and walked over to his bed and pulled the covers back.

He heard her and didn't move as she pulled the covers away from him,"Just leave me be..." he said softly into the pillow,"I don't usually wake until much later..." he said as he stayed on the bed. He was lying, but they wouldn't know that, he didn't want to leave this room, just her being here made it hard for him as he kept his eyes closed, kept his mind and body in focus and in check as he bit his lower lip gently, cutting it a bit with his fangs as he waited to see if she would leave or not. His mind wandered a bit, wondering if her skin was as soft as it used to be, wondered if time had been good to her without him there. He couldn't stop it as he stayed in the bed, trying hsi best to keep himself from just rushing to her and holding her as tight as he could, wanting to bury his head into her shoulder and never release her.

"Ryu.." She sighed and crossed her arms, closing her eyes. "Come on.." She said and looked to him. "If you didn't want this or even try you would have found a way to leave." She said and looked to the side. "I'm not backing down. I must help my father with this marriage." She said and rested her hands on her hips and she saw the blood on the pillow and she leaned over and pushed him to the side to see the blood on his lip and she peered to the side. "If you don't want this so bad and you hate me as much as you act like it. Then get up and leave.. now." She muttered and crossed her arms, "Sure your father can break the deal. But he can as well after you leave." She closed her eyes and she sighed softly.

He looked at her, shaking his head a bit before rolling to the other side, keeping his head down,"You just don't get it..." he said very softly as he took a soft breath. He curled up a bit into a ball, just wanting to disappear from her sight. He could feel her eyes on him, feel the look of anger and betrayal he had caused, and it hurt him, not physically of course, but it still hurt. He closed his eyes softly, still trying to return, trying to get back to how it used to be long ago. He'd trained himself to be strong, to show nothing, but now... under her eyes, he couldn't help but revert back to his childhood self, the one that had hurt her, the one that had loved her, and the one who was moments away from just leaping up and holding her tightly to him. He shivered slightly, unnoticeable as he fought to control himself from just rushing to her, crying... he felt that he was going to cry if he couldn't control himself...

"Well duh I won't understand it if you won't tell me!" She gasped out and glared, her fingers tapping along her arm and she breathed in. "Do you know how much you hurt me, Ryu..?" She asked and cocked her head to the side. "Do you even care?" She asked once more and stepped back. "I wanted to die that day, fully. I wanted to be in the ground, rotting when you just suddenly up and left. Rejecting how I felt and not even saying goodbye." She felt a tear stream down her face and she wiped it before she turned. "And you want to know what's horrible?" She asked, "I still feel the same way." The glare on her face disappeared and she breathed in, she did love him still and she just blurted it out with how much anger was building up inside of her. "Get..get dressed." She turned and left the room, shutting the door.

He heard her speak and his eyes closed, tightly as he tried his best not to say something. He heard her say she felt for him and he tensed, wanting to move and hold her, but something kept him from doing so, and when he finally realized everything she said, it was too late. She had gone. He sat up in bed and looked at the window, his mind registering everything she had said. he didn't want ehr to think he didn't care, didn't want her to think he hated her or anything like that. He knew how much he had hurt her, and how much he cared about her, but he knew that because of this, he had to find a way to stop this... if they where to be married, he wanted it to be on their own terms... out of their own thoughts and their own love for each other. He moved, getting dressed slowly and moving downstairs, standing just outside the kitchen, trying to calm his thoughts.

She reached the kitchen and heard her father. "Ah, come in Ryu." he said with a smile and she closed her eyes as she was handed a glass of blood and she turned as Sarah handed him one as well. "So what are you two doing today?" Her father asked and she looked to the floor before shrugging. "Whatever he would like, I suppose." She said and brushed her hair to the side, licking her lips of the blood and taking it to the sink. "Go out, it's a wonderful night tonight." He said and nodded, pointing to the door and sitting back.

He moved, sitting and taking the blood, sipping it slowly as he listened to them speak. He heard them say something about outside, but he shook his head softly,"I've had a long trip..." he said softly,"I've seen enough of the outside... I'd prefer just some relaxation time..." he said as he took a soft deep breath, still trying to keep himself in control. He didn't look to her, knowing that if he did, he would probably break down,"I believe I'll just take a shower... and maybe enjoy a nice relaxing night..." he said as he finished off his cup, moving and placing it in the sink before returning to his seat, trying his best to sound legitimately fatigued.

She heard his words and she sighed softly, he didn't care. She finished off her drink, "sounds fine." She said and put her glass away. She turned and pushed past Ryu and down the hallway and out of the castle once more. Her father looked over to Ryu and cocked his brow, "I know how you two felt about one another years ago. Now that I know it's you, I just wish you two could get over this." He said and sat back with a soft sigh. "I know you might not want to do it. But once you get your rest. Maybe..both of you could work this out?" He asked and sighed sitting back. "If not, I'll break the deal off."

He watched her leave and he looked at her father with a glare,"If it wasn't for her... you wouldn't have a skull right now..." he said as he turned away,"You don't know what I went through... why I did what I had to do... and you never will." he said as he made his way to the door of the kitchen,"To get what you want by using her... is such a disgraceful move... that only the lowest of the low would stoop..." he said as he pushed out of the kitchen, making his way to his room and slipping in, moving to the bathroom and slipping out of his clothes, needing to relax.

"I have to do this, my kingdom is failing and by marrying her off by my will is the only way." He yelled a bit and stood up as he walked off and he glared. He wasn't going to let his kingdom fail. Akasha sat down on the bench in the courtyard, covering her face and she sighed softly. Why had she agreed to doing this? She should let his kingdom fail, it was only turning out worse than it was before and she stood up slowly. Making her way back up and into the castle, into her room and sat down onto her bed as she hugged her knees to her chest. She knew that if they didn't make time to try and fix things, her father would and that only made it worse for her.

Back
Top Bottom