Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC, possibly NSFW] Maid RPG: The Maids of Primrose Manor

LordLicentious

Digital Bohemian
This is the OOC chatter thread for my Maid RPG game, so, players, let me know if there's any issues or if I forgot to type something up or just generally make plans, fool around, etc.

Other thread links:

Main Thread:

Characters:

Rules (lightly abridged):

Last edited:
Yeah, roll Skill (or, if you can describe it, any other attribute) to set the table if that's your goal. I'll set the Difficulty at 6, since it's fairly routine, but not too easy. And keep in mind, with proper description, you can use any attribute for a roll (except, when using your Maid Weapon, that's always Athletics, and unless you *really* sell it, Seduction is Affection or Cunning).

Just a real quick question before I write my post, do I need to write how the attribute I pick for the Seduction Attempt "resist" roll plays out, or do I simply have to roll and can her actions be unrelated to the attribute itself? Because that will affect what I pick since I'll know whether or not I need to pick something that I can use to write something that makes sense.
(Basically, can I roll Cunning and have her resist attempt not be anything remotely cunning, for example)

We are some of the worst maids ngl. No wonder we need to get knocked up to make ends meet.

zZ86SqQ.jpg

So, I'm gonna go ahead and use cooking as an example of how one can use any attribute to complete a task (and as an aside, please make sure to say along with your roll which attribute you're trying to use):

Athletics: Go watch some footage of Battle Chef Brigade. You do something like that that to get primo ingredients that guarantee good results.

Affection: You cook with love while focusing on how much you want the recipient to enjoy their meal, etc. Kiera's daydreaming earlier could have easily qualified as an Affection approach.

Skill (default): You're just a good cook.

Cunning: You studied the recipe super hard or else use some sort of clever shortcut or depending on your Special Qualities you may even have an invention or magical spell that does the cooking for you, or "know a guy" that can score superior ingredients, or whatever, but regardless you're working smarter, not harder.

Luck: You makes lots of wishes and prayers and hope super hard that it turns out alright.

Will: You leave a pile of ruined food in your wake as you simply keep trying again and again until it comes out right.

And as an aside, you can keep trying each dish as many times as you want, painful/embarrassing kitchen incidents are just going to cause Stress, but a bad breakfast will surely result in Favor penalties.

Well, I guess I served as the lesson example for what not to do. Don't be me kids. There's no point in losing favor before the Master is even sitting up in bed.

I just hope this doesn't become a trend. Otherwise I might just explode. Violently.

There's something to be said for deliberately using low attributes and failing, as it can make scenes more interesting, plus having Stress invites people who've Seduced you to provide some Comfort. But, you rarely are forced to use a weak attribute.

Back
Top Bottom