Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Issue 1] Mutants and Masterminds: An Age of Transition

Trevor nodded along to his group's discussion of his point. Things were turning out just like they usually did. Trevor thought that Greg would have learned by now not to interupt people when they were speaking. Unfortunately just as Trevor was about to finish his point, the head librarian was the one to interrupt him. Trevor was certain that she had specically timed it in order to interrupt his group's discussion. Trevor certainly did not get along with her and he was certain that if he was not a son of the Night family that he would have been banned from this library long ago. Of course he could not do whatever he wanted and get away with it. But he was not that sort of person. He was glad to see that she went down the stairs, along with most of the people in the library returning the library to its normal occupancy level.

He looked at the rest of the table and stood up before he loudly proclaimed, "Now that she has taken all of those interlopers from these hallowed halls we should be able to continue our round table meeting in peace. Now Kenji, I would love to hear you finish up your interesting points that you were making. And then we can move on to Greg and Jagruti of course. For that is how we the Knights of Knowledge do things." He then sat down and waited for Kenji to finish off what he was going to say. Of course Trevor had noticed the thing that he was talking about, but it would not be fun if he just said everything at once. Having developed weapons systems himself he took a very close and careful look at it. He definitely thought that there was a high probablility that 'they' were involved and if that turned out to be true, the next chapter would be even more exciting and surprising than the last.

Lucius is interested to find out where all the people were going, and at least a little interested in the attractive young lady with her eyebrow stud, follows the group of people downstairs. Getting down into the room he worked his way around, trying to get a clear view of the podium as well as getting as close to the girl with the pixie cut hairstyle as he could...it wasn't like he had anything better to do right now.

You could be doing her.....you could just kill them all and take her.....

He frowned, focusing on his breathing, pushing the voices down and looked up in time to see that there was a bunch of athletes about to start jabbering, he found a seat just focusing on not going crazy in a crowd. He really had gotten much better at this...much better. No one had died in a long time.

And the girls...you don't forget the girls...because they won't forget our visits?

No, that was going to get under control, and soon, he was already doing better.

Radiance

With the panel underweay, Lucy and Irma can finally take a moment to breathe. Though they're in position close to the athletes just in case, no eyes are on them. Even Ms. Maple's gaze moves back and forth between the panel and the audience, scrutinizing each for the slightest flaw or an opportunity to exert more control.

However, this position does put both of them close to the entrance to the employee only section. While the athletes speak, Lucy hears something from beyond the door - a thump of shifted furniture or a murmured word. She can't be sure what it is - but she does know there shouldn't be anyone back there.

Gwen Cross, Ivory Ace, Tom Drake

The crowd is treated to a quick summary of each athlete's sport of choice and a brief rundown of their career highlights. It's almost wasted time; the crowd is clearly made up of fans, either of tennis of football in general or of one of the athletes in particular. Nonetheless, the summaries of their histories casts a slightly sad overtone to the proceedings; no one misses that all three athletes are now retired, despite their young age. The feats that made them famous are behind them, for one reason or another.

Still, there's no shortage of enthusiasm from the crowd. After a few softball questions from the Movement for Movement representative to get the momentum going, the microphone opens up to the floor for questions. A line forms immediately, dozens of fans desperate to ask something of the celebrities.

"This question is for Gwen Cross," asks a woman of about eighteen in a tight shirt and a short skirt. "You're, like, a millionaire, right? And you were before you became a cheerleader? Did that affect your decision to become a cheerleader? If you didn't have that money to fall back on, do you think you'd still have gone into cheerleading? Like, is it a safe career choice? Because, you're not even thirty and you're already out of a job."

"Uh, yeah, Selena Welentleychuk?" A man in his thirties leans in too close to the microphone, looking uncomfortable to be speaking in front of an audience. "I saw the news about your, um, your scandal? And I know you weren't even part of it, so, it's not even fair you got penalized and everything. Um, are you planning to, uh, appeal your ban? I don't think it's fair that you, um, you worked so hard to get where you were and then you lost it because of something you didn't even do. How is that even legal?"

"Drake." A sharp-looking man in his late twenties doesn't hesitate, launching into his question as soon as he gets the microphone. "When you were in the NFL, your had million-dollar contracts every year. I know a lot of players, once their career ends, end up losing all their money because they don't know what to do with it. Can you give us an idea how you invested your money? What would you recommend for athletes who don't know how long their career will last?"

"Miss Cross!" The speaker is a young man, twenty at most, with bright eyes and enough excited energy that his skinny body can barely sit still. "I read how you exposed that senior care facility that was exposing its workers! Does your cheerleading experience help you find this kind of stuff? Do you think there's a part of you, like your personality or something, that led to to become a cheerleader and this kind of social justice thing? Do you think they're connected?"

"Does this look familiar?" A woman around forty makes eye contact with Selena and holds up a fibreglass tennis racket. Selena recognizes it as one of the brands she sponsored during her career. "I bought this racket because your face was on the package and it's probably the best racket I've ever owned. I even bought a spare one online just in case something happens to this one. Do you still get sponsorship deals at all?"

"Will you be signing autographs after this panel, Mr. Drake?" asks a woman in her twenties with a punkish pixie cut and a stud in her eyebrow. She's wearing a Tom Drake jersey that goes down to her mid-thighs, a pair of converse sneakers, and nothing visible in between. She hesitates, glances into the crowd, and gets an encouraging nod from another young woman. Looking back to the panel with a naughty smile, she grabs her breast with her free hand and continues, "I'd love to get this jersey signed...right here."

Doctor West

"Thanks, Trevor," Kenji says. Though less vocal about it than Trevor, he looks just as grateful for the sudden peace and quiet. "So, back when we first saw the other dimension, we got a scene of the Empire executing those political prisoners. Remember that? The executioners had these cybernetic arm blades. We haven't seen them since, including from anyone else from the other dimension, so I figured, you know, maybe Yamaoka hadn't locked down the design was going to use for his tech. But when Yuriko's boss was fighting her, there was one panel where he showed those arm blades."

"How can you be sure that means something?" Jagruti asks. "Maybe it is a coincidence. Maybe he didn't remember he had used that design."

"I know. That's why I said I'm not sure it's deliberate. But I've been thinking, and there's something else we've seen..."

Kenji keeps talking, but Trevor is distracted by something over Jagruti's shoulder. As Trevor watches, the entrance to the library opens and people begin to stream in. These aren't like the previous crowd, however; they look determined, purposeful, and not like they're here for fun. All of them are young, athletic adults, and while their clothes vary from T-shirts to suits, they are all dressed in bright, garish, even clashing colours.

There's another thing, too. Each is carrying what looks like a sledgehammer and a brightly coloured balaclava. As they enter the library, they pull the balaclava over their head and head downstairs.

Stalker

The crowd makes it hard for Lucius to get close to the girl with the pixie cut, but he manages to keep her insight. Now that he looks closer, he can tell she's hanging out with another young woman. From the way they stand or talk quietly to each other, they're obviously friends. Neither of them notice Lucius; indeed, the girl he has his eye on is so focused on one of the athletes - Tom Drake - that she probably wouldn't notice if Lucius was looming right over her. She bites her lip and occasionally runs her hand down her body, as if deliberately tempting Lucius to claim her.

The seats are quickly taken, but when the panel opens up to questions from the audience, enough people stand up that Lucius is able to grab a chair. As he tries to sit down, though, a fit young woman runs into him as she moves through the crowd. She's lithe but strong, and the impact is almost enough to knock Lucius over despite his own size. "Sorry," she says quickly, but pushes past him before he can respond, pushing towards the line for the microphone.

Lucy smiled quietly as she watched the athletes. She quietly looked them up on her phone during the introductions, showing a few thinks wordlessly to Irma. She was sure if she was more sad for these people, or proud of them for not only moving past tragedies like these and find meaning to their lives, but also for doing so without flinching away from their arts.

The redhead frowned and cocked her head. She touched Irma on the shoulder and gestured that she'd be right back. Slipping back into the employed only section, Lucy padded quietly back, curious who could be back here and what they might want. the library had a few rare books, but surely nothing to merit a professional thief? Or interest a petty criminal? No, more likely there was a fan back here trying to cheat the lines to get an autograph, or a pair of teenagers looking for a place to make out.

Trevor knew immediately that the new large group of people was up to no good. Although it was a shame to end the meeting early, he did not want his friends to get hurt and he would prefer for them to be absent when Doctor West turned up. But he did not want to draw too much attention incase there was somebody still watching the main floor of the library. So he waits for Kenji to pause, in order to say, "Knights of knowledge it seems like we must reschedule the rest of the meeting. I will go look for our friend who went to the bathroom to inform him."

Of course this was a code that his friends knew well. It meant that there was danger and that they should immediately head somewhere safe and that he would go to locate a police officer to inform them to send back up. Of course this was also an excuse for him to stay in the library as his friends left. He could not let them figure out that he was Doctor West. He had yet to test Elsa out properly against a large group of foes and if he got the chance to he could he could also test out his own weapon.

After saying this he got up normally and walked towards the bathroom, not even checking of his friends were leaving. He trusted them to do so. He also grabbed his phone in his pocket and texted Elsa , [Trouble at the library, come here immediately on my motorcycle and bring me my guitar case.] He then walked into the mens bathroom as he hung up a fake out of order sign on it. He went into a stall and quickly changed into his costume including putting on his mask. Now he would simply wait for Elsa to arrive before acting further.

Elsa was in the control room making sure that everything was running smoothly when she got the text from Trevor. She quickly and eagerly took out her phone and read the message. She wanted her master to praise her so she quickly ran to get his guitar case and made her way to the motorcycle. She climbed on with guitar case strapped to her back and started the engine. Then she sent a signal to the secret door in order to open it up and input the cordinates of the library into the motorcycle that drove out of the secret door that quickly closed behind them and entered the underground of the city. It navigated its way up to the surface and Elsa then made it appear like she was riding the motorcycle. Since it was going really fast and the library was not that far from Night Towers it would not take long for Elsa to reach the library.

Selena gets back up from her chair during the question and answer segment at the end. Listening to the first question, she grabs the mic and starts to talk. "Unfortunately for me, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe with how long it was going on for, just simply the wrong place. With how young I was at the time, I really feel as if I am being unfairly treated with this whole thing. Though I am going to be realistic, with how bad it all was I am doubtful that I am going to get anywhere with the appeal process. With how many players were affected, it could be years before my appeal even takes place. I just have to trust the process and hope it will clear my name at the end of it all.

After some time passed and the other members of the panel answered questions directed toward them, Selena would find herself the subject of another audience member's questions. The racket held up by the audience member was an older model. "You would not happen to have a pen would you? I remember this model well. It would be my honor if you would allow me to sign the handle for you." After a moment, Selena would answer the remaining question by pointing to the logo on her jacket. "I would not be wearing this jacket right now if Hurricane was not continuing to sponsor me. I may not be able to play tennis anymore, but I might just find a career in modelling in the meantime." Selena would take a second to yuck it up at her attempted joke. A few moments later the next audience member would come forward and ask Mr. Drake a question. Selena would hand the mic off and go back to sitting in her seat.

Lucius' eyes waver from his target as he is run into, he eyes the newcomer but doesn't get a chance to respond as she rushes to the microphone, he takes a seat, his eyes torn between the girl he came in here for and the various people and goings on. He wasn't really interested in the Athletes and their various comments, he likely was physically stronger and faster than most athletes in the world but he would never get to use that to get him money...not till he had better control.

Take the money, take their jewels, take their lives.

Ahhhh greed was always simple and, everything was for the taking no matter the cost. Focusing his mind a moment he breathed in and out, watching the people doing what they do. He lived amongst them, but he was no longer one of them. He was something else.

Predator....they are cattle

He sighed, glancing at the pretty girl again, a small smile as he considered if she would go out to coffee with him.

Just fuck her...fuck her and take her friend too

No, no, he was just going to sit and listen, see if he could talk to her and then see how it goes.

QGKr9x2.gif

===============================================​
Gwen blinks a bit hearing the first question. She looks at the cupcake table she brought and then at the one she was chewing on. She shrugs a bit as she shakes her head. "Sorry uhm...being perfectly honest miss....nothing affected my decision." She took a bite from her chocolate cupcake blushing a bit looking over at Tom and looks back swallowing, "Actually uhm two things did, I wanted to get the attention of a boy I liked....we went to the same school and that seemed to be just the right thing..... I was not big into sports but he was big into the whole pig skin and tights thing so I figured why not I don't mind football and I like boys." She pauses hearing bout the woman saying out of the job as she shrugged, "Well personally this should not be a carrier choice...In my opinion if you are really really good, you will be competing against thousands all gunning for the same spot. This is a cut throat job. I never viewed it as a job and I know many others don't. Many just are doing it due to loving it or just winding up in it."

Gwen smiles, "I wanted to go into Law enforcement and become a detective but I hated the red tape....also I am not too good at the whole fighting and hurting thing which leads to hot water a lot since uhm well you saw what happens I am sure in the articles. If I didn't have money or a name I am sure I would have been in jail multiple times for obscuring a crime scene.....I could go to school again or learn under a detective but my father is one to halt most things with his job or money and hell sometimes the threats made can lead to me having to make hard decisions cause you know it could impact those you love....."

Gwen starts to giggle a bit as she rubs the back of her head, "No no I was just a big fan of Nancy Drew and Sherlock Holmes along with the Hardy Boys....guess you could say I was always a little detective at heart. The only thing connected is the cheer-leading gave me the confidence to defy my dad and stand up for myself specially in the last few years....hell I even ended my relationship with my last boyfriend due to my dad scolding me over him being a .."

She looks over at Drake turning red as she mumbles, "Never-mind that but yeah....no it helped me learn that you really can push yourself to go whatever direction you want even if you do not make it to the top or into a school for it....it does not mean you can't try and try again right." Gwen smirks, "I mean come on Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy......damn you probably do not know what I even quoted there."

Gwen would giggle more as she heard a woman ask about signing Jerseys after talking a bit to Drake, "Hey I am sure all of us would be chill to...." Her eyes shifted noticing something she was thrown off by glancing to the newest rather rude lustrous woman.
===========================================
CSRZfl8.png
===================================================
gB6Khjq.jpg

yucnNXY.gif
As she heard the woman asking to have her breast signed by Drake, Gwen's face became strained. She leaned over gritting her teeth with a scowl as she spoke rather coldly and stern like she does to those who did something of a sin or something unjust, "Excuse me hussy this is an event for the children....Drake is a personal close friend of mine......if you would NOW so kindly REMOVE YOUR disgusting ASS from this event it would be appreciated." She smirked a bit as she tilted her head looking at her cupcake in her hand.​

Yes if I just drop this onto that lump she calls a breast she will scream and flee...that will show that two bit hussy on moving onto Drake how dare she does she not know that Drake and me were once a thing....I mean come on I broke it off clearly due to my damn father and his views....everyone in the world knows he is a damn stickler and jerk.

[does a personal roll and got a Nat 1]

Gwen raises her arm as she goes to drop the cupcake pausing as she looks at her shirt feeling something cold. Gwen turns bright red looking down as she quickly turns towards Drake to hide herself from view of the others, "NOT THE INTENT NOT THE INTENT! PLEASE LEAVE THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A PEACEFUL EVENT FOR CHILDREN NOW LEAVE BEFORE I DIG DIRT UP ON YOUR ASS YOU TWO BIT HUSSY!" Gwen's head was bright bright red hiding and shrinking into herself as she kept facing Drake away from the crowd. She spoke rather soft and squirmed as she spoke to Drake how she use to back when they were a thing, "Can we please go .... this is uh .... really awkward.... who does that woman think she is...the one with jersey had class but why do you always get ones offering their cleavage to you Thomas."

Last edited:
Radiance

Irma looks over as Lucy touches her shoulder and nods slightly before looking back at the athletes' panel. The back-and-forth of questions and answers continues as Lucy heads to the door to the employee-only section, slipping inside.

Through the door is a blind corner, making it impossible to see more than a few feet from the doorway itself. As soon as she opens the door, however, Lucy can hear a man's voice from further inside. "Yeah, yeah, you big palooka. Just hit your marks this time. We can't afford to - "

Lucy turns the corner and comes face to face with the speaker at a distance of about fifteen feet. He's wearing a khaki shirt, pants, high boots, and a facial expression of stunned surprise. In his hand is a bullwhip, and at his side is a sizable lion - normally rather stoic creatures, but from experience with lions, Lucy can tell it's a surprised as the man.

"Afford to what?" Before either can react, another man steps into the narrow hallway several dozen feet behind the lion tamer. This one tall, stooping over to fit in the six-foot-six hallway, and extremely muscular. He's dressed in a old-school leotard, weightlifting belt, and an impressive moustache. When he sees Lucy, he stops as well, but she can see the readiness for explosive violence in his eyes.

Tom Drake, Gwen Cross, Ivory Ace, Stalker

Whatever the general public's opinion of Selena is, she at least these people in her corner. When she says she hopes to clear her name, sections of the crowd cheer, while others provide applause. While some of the crowd seems to have no opinion - probably ones who didn't come to see her talk - the ones that do seem to support her. In particular, when she offers to sign the racket, the woman's eyes light up with joy, and her eyes - as well as many others - move to the logo on Selena's jacket.

The crowd is clearly surprised by Gwen's reaction to the bold woman's question. Surprised murmurs rush through the room as she swears into the microphone, with the representative from the Movement for Movement - already on edge after the punkish woman's lewd offer - glancing over at Gwen nervously. The young woman looks embarrassed, shrinking away from the microphone, while her friend shoots Gwen a death glare.

In the confusion, another young woman grabs the microphone. "Here's another question for Drake," she spits into the microphone, her face dark with anger. "It goes back in your career. Way back, to high school. Back when you were just starting to think you were too good for everyone else. About a woman you manipulated with your skills and popularity and your handsome face. A woman who thought she'd be with you forever."

She leans forward, speaking through teeth grit, eyes boring into Tom Drake. "Here's the question - do you even know who I'm talking about? Do you even remember? If I told, would you even know her name? Would you even recognize the name - "

Before she can say anything else, however, the lights suddenly cut out and the microphone goes dead. The angry young woman's voice continues, but it's now too quiet to hear her words over the crowd's cries of surprise. The darkness only lasts a moment before a small floodlight pops on. For a second, the light it caught in a burst of colourful confetti, but it settles to the ground to reveal a busty woman in a clown costume, standing in the middle of the room.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" shouts the clown into a megaphone, which is uncomfortably loud given the close range and enclosed space. "Boys and girls! Everything in between, and none of the above! Feast your eyes on your humble performers for today's entertainment! Starring yours personally, the versatile, the unpredictable, Clara the Wonder Clown..."

The lights click back on. As they do, three figures land simultaneously on the floor in a triangle around the clown: each of them lithe women in tight, high-cut leotards.

"...our agile and flexible Triplets of the Trapeze..." The three women stretch and arch their backs in different poses. There are no trapezes to be seen, and given the women don't look related, they're probably not triplets either, but they certainly look athletic.

"...our miracles of nature, Samson the Strongman and Leonidas the Lion..." The clown half-turns and gestures towards a spot behind the speakers, but the only person there is a young, petite woman standing frozen in shock. The clown pauses a moment, then pouts exaggeratedly and turns back to the crowd.

"...and of course, the unsung heroes that make everything possible - our backup performers!" The clown gives a wide wave, and from the entrances to the room flood several colourfully-garbed thugs wielding sledgehammers and wearing brightly coloured balaclavas. They don't share the clown's showmanship; the only advance menacingly on the increasingly nervous crowd, hammers at the ready.

"We give you chaos!" the clown exclaims. "We give you confusion! We give you - the greatest show on earth! Hit it!"

The clown points two fingers at the thugs, who then surge into the crowd, swinging the sledghammers. The crowd breaks out in screams and panic, shoving into and over each other as the room erupts into violence.

Doctor West

"What?" Greg looks up at Trevor with a confused expression, but jumps when Jagruti kicks him under the table. She shoots him a pointed look while Kenji starts glancing around, alarmed. The all start getting up as Trevor begins heading to the bathroom.

Unfortunately, Trevor can't find a convenient "out of order" sign for the bathroom, but he remains undisturbed either way. Whatever's going on, it's not happening up here - it's clearly concerned with the gathering downstairs. Nothing prevents Trevor from sending his message, but he's scarcely sent the text before he starts hearing noises from downstairs. Fast as Elsa's motorcycle is, she's still beholden to the city streets and their traffic. It'll be at least a few minutes before she arrives, and a lot will probably happen between now and then.

Elsa had gotten stuck in traffic so she quickly texted her Master, [Sorry Master but the traffic is really bad. These red lights are slowling me down so it will take a few minutes before I can reach you.]

Doctor West had received the text and thus he decided to spring into action. He decided that he would hack the traffic light signals so that Elsa would have a clear path to the library in order to help her save some time. Since she was on a motorcycle she could ride between the lanes of cars and thus it was only the lights at the intersections really slowing her down. Since his phone was only a basic one that had but call and text functions, as he did not want anybody hacking his phone stealing all of his details, he would have to use the library computers. Unfortunately, they were not the most suited to hacking, particularly a difficult hacking job like this, but Doctor West was really confident in his hacking abilities. So, he left the bathroom in his full costume including his mask and immediately headed to the nearest library computer.

He took a quick breath and went into his super focused mode; he would only have a single shot at this and if he failed to hack the traffic lights, he would not likely get a second chance. Without his guitar case or Elsa, he was nothing more than a weirdo in a suit combat wise and with all of the people he saw head downstairs he would need Elsa to be able to do anything more than be a distraction. In his super focused mode, he immediately went about in his hacking attempt. His fingers seemed to move at a lightning pace across the keyboard, of course the speed at which they were moving was at average human levels, but the very fastest that an average human could achieve.

It was not often that Doctor West could get so focused, but in this situation, he felt desperate enough for him to be able to access it. And in that mode, there was nary a computer system secure enough to keep him out, even if he was using a computer not all suited for hacking purposes. This time was no different either, he was able to get in and change the traffic light signals just like he wanted. Now Elsa would arrive far more quickly than if he had not intervened.

"You know," the nerdy but buxom little librarian wined, pressing her index fingers together nervously and inching back. "This really isn't my day. You big strong boys and your cat ready to devour me," she looked down, cringing a little more with each phrase, "and me with out my armor, and with out my knife, and..."

Lucy suddenly straightened up and tossed back her ginger curls. Emerald eyes flashed with fierce glee. "But what the Hell," she clenched her fists. "I've got this!"

There was a lot of Drama going on, what with people climbing on stage and letting people know how they feel, it must be tought being a superstar dealing with all this crap, although he did recognize the girl on stage as the one who had bumped him. Ohh, angry love stories of betrayal and manipulation.

Yes, someone who took what they wanted, that's how it should be done, make them ANGRY.

Wrath and the other sins were clamoring in his head, he didn't know what got them all excited but they could see things he couldn't and suddenly the lights turned off. His brain didn't register it but the black and red psyskin crawled over his skin in that moment of darkness and when the lights turned back on his wasn't visible his powers covering him from sight as he watched the menagerie of people and creatures.

With the introductions complete Stalker's eyes slid over the many, many foes arrayed before him, leaping up to the roof he stuck there, ropey black tendrils spiraling from his body holding him to the roof for now as he waited for a chance to strike at his foe and bring death to those who would dare to challenge Stalker.

Death, Death, Death to the weak!

Selena knew this was not her place, she was not going to be able to do much of anything. Looking for where she thought the way back toward the employee area was, Selena wanted to get out of there before she got into any trouble. If she was lucky, Selena would be able to get back toward where Suzy was. Possibly Suzy heard what was going on, and may have already been on her way here? Selena did not want to leave anything to chance, she needed to become the Ivory Ace before she could do anything useful to affect this situation. Having Suzy around to help was not going to hurt, either.

(Feel free to roll my character's initiative but she wants to get out of there so she can change into Ivory Ace.)

Tom Drake, Gwen Cross, Stalker

No one seems to notice Stalker as he disappears from the crowd and moves to the ceiling, nor does anyone seem interested in daring to challenge him. The mass of people below him are more interested in each other. One of the athletes - the tennis player - breaks for the employee-only door she had entered from, as does the bespectacled girl she arrived with, but no one makes a move to stop them. After all, she's just a celebrity tennis player and her flunky. What can they do?

The excitable cheerleader, Gwen Cross, seems to regain her senses first, but the trapeze artists are the first to spring into action. Tight, athletic bodies in skinsight leotards flip and leap towards the athlete's panel. Two - a blonde and a redhead - land on either side of Gwen Cross, reaching out for an arm apiece. While Gwen is able to fend off the redhead, the blonde wraps a hand securely around her left upper arm. Meanwhile, the third acrobat - taller than the others, and raven-haired - plants a foot on the table in front of Tom Drake, daring him to act.

Meanwhile, the thugs hem in the crowd, swinging their sledgehammers at anyone who dares resist or fails to crowd in fast enough. The crowd is pushed towards the panel, and at its forefront is the punkish young woman that had agitated Gwen Cross. With wide eyes, she backs up directly into the clown, who lays an arm across her shoulders.

"Enjoying the show?" the clown asks with a grin, then reaches over and squeezes the young woman's breast. Somehow, this produces the sound of a bike horn.
Gwen Cross is now grabbed.

Radiance, Ivory Ace

It's good that the nerdy but buxom little librarian is ready to face this challenge, because it's coming to her. Narrowing his eyes, the man pats the lion on the back and whispers, "Get 'er." The lion leaps forward towards Lucy. Its claws are not out, but it tackles her against the wall with its massive weight. The man hefts his bullwhip, but given the cramped conditions of the hallway, thinks better of trying to use it. Similarly, the strongman behind him surges forward, but has to stop awkwardly behind the whip-wielding tamer.

"Get out of the way!" he shouts at the smaller man, who noticeably flinches from the noise. "There's no space to get past!"

A moment after the impact, Selena and Suzy bust through the door to the employee-only section. Unfortunately, they don't get far before running into the same melee, and they suffer from the same problem - an inability to move past Lucy and the lion in the cramped confines of the hallway.
Radiance, please roll a Toughness save before writing your next post.

Doctor West

The city's traffic light systems provide little resistance to Doctor West despite his limited resources, but the task still takes longer than six seconds. Fortunately, his ironclad focus prevents him from being distracted by the increasing sounds of chaos downstairs. While it may seem cold for him to block out the sounds of panic and violence, there is little he can do to help in his current state, and becoming one more victim won't help anyone.

With the traffic factor now eliminated, little can slow Elsa except the distance she must travel and the need to weave between cars. Blasting through an intersection at high speed, she catches the sights and sounds of a police car turning its siren and beginning to give chase. It will be difficult for that vehicle in particular to catch up with her, but if they radio ahead and can guess where she's going, other police vehicles may be able to cut her off. In addition, the trials of zooming between cars at high speed itself provides danger to her task.
Please roll Vehicles for Elsa to determine how quickly and effectively she can get to the library.

Lucius eyes followed the flow of the crowd, watching as they were hemmed in, he was trying to see where he could do the most good but the choice was taken away from him as the clown took matters into her own hands...so to speak...the large honk noise drew his beady white eyes and his black and red muscles corded and seemed to grow as he sucked the tendrils holding him to the roof into his body and dropped like a rock trying to smash the clown down and off the punkish woman.

Always saving the woman, what do you want from them?

The usual, he wants them to suck his dick!

He shook his head and just that fraction of a movement as he dropped to the ground threw him off target and his massive fists smashed into the ground sending chips of flooring flying and a strange hole seemed to appear in the ground in front of the Clown...well his surprise was gone, but very few people could see his camoflauged form in combat, and even fewer could handle the massive blows he could deliver.

Move Action: Leap down on clown
Attack Action: Hit DC 8...fail....
Free action switch from the wall crawler to strength +4

Gwen_Cross_Grabbed.png ====================================================​
Gwen Tensed up as she struggled pulling her wrist from the woman. She glances over seeing the other on her side and noticing the one near Drake. Gwen squirmed more as she snapped, "THOMAS!"

She gritted her teeth as she yanked her arm, "BITCH LET GO BEFORE I BREAK YOUR TEETH IN!"

Not good....
I can't hurt her if she has me....
it will just give me the injury....
fuck....
damn it Drake....
get this bitch off my arm!
She shook her head as she glanced over and turned to intimidate the woman now against Drake,

"YOU'RE ALL FUCKING CRAZY IF YOU THINK MY KNIGHT IS GOING TO DEAL WITH YOUR BULLSHIT YOU BAT SHIT BIMBOS
..............WHAT DID McWRONALDS REJECT YOUR SORRY ASSES SO YOU CAME IN HERE SWINGING ALL YOUR FUCKING SLEDGEHAMMERS AND FAT UGLY BREASTED ASSES TO TRY AND HURT KIDS!
.......................................................................MY GOD
...................................................................................................IF YOU WANT TO TRAUMATIZE PEOPLE SO MUCH WHY NOT JUST MAKE SOME SICK BROADCAST WITH SOME KNOWN CELEBRITY WHO GETS ALL THE BOYS PANTIES IN A BUNCH!

BETTER YET HOW ABOUT I DEFLATE YOUR BOSS'S UGLY FAT ASS AND ROLL HER INTO A PIZZA PIE YOU STUPID ASS C@#%$!"

Taunting the clowns with Deception using Advantage Taunt: 1d20+6 = 18
====================================================
Gwen_Cross_Cra_Crazy.gif

Last edited:
Selena and Suzi rounded the hall. Ahead of them, they found a nerdy redhead slammed into the back wall. She gasped, but then grabbed the lion under the chin. She sang out something indecipherable but lyrical. Energy gathered in her palm. She pushed the lion's head up and she pressed the energy there into the big cat's chest. Energy coruscated over the big cat's body making it pulse, shrink, and shimmer...

Will save DC 16 not to turn into a newt! :D

Doctor West keeps at the library computer knowing forwell that without Elsa and his guitar case he would be little more than a distraction at this point. But he had confidence in both Elsa and the motorcycle that he had built. He knew that Elsa would most likely gather police attention and that was included in part of his calcuations. They would figure out that her destination would be the library and they would send units there and thus be able to arrest the villians after they had been taken care of. Doctor West knew that his associate Tom Drake was down there, but if he did not have his suit then he would have limited use. Doctor West could only hope that he was not the only hero here as it would take far too long for Elsa to deal with everybody by herself. He knew that Elsa would be arriving pretty soon and then it would be the time for his grand entrance. He did have a bit of self defence training, but not much and it would not take long to overwealm him in a fight. But Elsa was another story entirely. He had programmed her to be an effective fighter and was especially good at taking down common mooks.

Elsa just hung on to the motorcycle in a fashion that made it look like she was herself driving it. Since this was entirely custom built by Doctor West it would be untracable to Trevor Night and with its advanced auto pilot system and navigation sysytem it would not only be able to find the fastest route to the library but have no problem outpacing the police cars and darting inbetween traffic and even avoiding possible police ambushes. Now she could fully focus on preparing herself for combat. She would also have to give Doctor West his guitarcase as well as he had instructed her to bring it to him. She knew that she did not need to text him again unless something bad happened and since she was looking like she was driving she did not want to break that appearance in order to text Doctor West.
Motorcycle drives and navigates itself to the library as fast as it can Motorcycle navigation to library: 1d20+21 30

Tom Drake, Gwen Cross, Stalker

Gwen's savage dressing-down of the trapeze artists noticeably seems to disturb both the blonde and raven-haired acrobats, who give troubled glances first to Gwen, then to each other, but the redhead is apparently too frustrated by her inability to grab Gwen to notice. Drake uses this brief opportunity to lunge forward towards the acrobat holding Gwen; the brunette swings a kick at him, but due to her distraction, he's able to parry it aside and football tackle the blonde acrobat. Unfortunately, she seems to shrug off the attack.

Immediately, the redheaded acrobat strikes back with punishing force. She catches Drake in the side of the head with a long, powerful leg and stars explode across his vision. The blow takes him back to his glory days on the field, but now, he has no helmet or pads to protect him. He topples to the floor, his body ignoring his commands. Gwen, meanwhile, feels the blonde acrobat forcing her away from the sight, trying to march her towards the door to the employee-only section.

The clown noticeably flinches back from Stalker's impact site, her eyes widening in surprise. Though Stalker is both invisible and inaudible, his impact on the cheap floors was noticeable enough for both the clown and the punkish girl in her arms, though the rest of the crowd seems to have missed his landing. Rather than attacking, however, the clown shoves the punkish girl forward with surprising strength. The young woman stumbles directly into Stalker and falls facefirst against him.

"Send in the clowns!" the clown shouts, cupping her hands around her mouth to be heard above the crowd before pointing at Stalker's appropriate location. The thugs around the edge of the room abandon their attempts to hem in the crowd and instead starts to push through it towards Stalker, gripping their sledgehammers. The panicked crowd takes this opportunity to surge past them towards the stairs.

Stalker, meanwhile, finds himself distracted by the girl now pressed against him. Pressed so close, he can feel her curves and body heat through the football jersey against his skin. She can't have much underneath. Lust flares with renewed intensity inside of him, aroused by the touch of the figure that had so teased him.
Tom Drake, this was not a good round for you. The redheaded acrobat rolled a critical hit and, out of your power suit, your Toughness check was not up to the challenge. You're incapacitated - basically knocked out, but I'll allow you to hover on the edge of consciousness if you want to at least witness what's going on around you. For suffering this setback, you can help yourself to another hero point.

Gwen Cross, the blonde acrobat is attempting to move you. You may roll a strength check to resist this.

Stalker, I'm hitting one of your complications. If you take time out of the battle to assault this girl, you'll get credit both for doing something your character would find objectionable and for taking on a disadvantage in battle, and will earn two hero points.

Radiance, Ivory Ace

Whatever the lion or its tamer was expecting, it clearly wasn't that. The lion jerks and attempts to recoil, but cannot break away from the shimmering energy that engulfs it. While it doesn't shrink - yet - it cannot do anything to harm Lucy or even attempt to escape besides writhe and roar in discomfort.

"Leonidas!" the tamer shouts, alarmed, before the strongman behind him snorts in derision. Running forward, he slams the tamer out of his way and against a wall as he passes, then reaches out with one hand to grab Lucy. Fortunately, the cramped confines of the hallway make it difficult for him to move effectively, and he's unable to reach past the lion to grab her, but she can tell he won't stop at just one attempt.

Selena and Suzy are right behind Lucy and the lion. Suzy pushes a bag into Selena's arms, then focuses her eyes on the strongman. There is a flash of light from her glasses and the strongman grunts, flinching from a sudden scorch mark on his shoulder, but he seems to shrug the attack off without signs of serious damage. Meanwhile, Selena digs through the bag, hurriedly grasping a racket and pulling wristbands onto each wrist before dropping the bag to the floor.

Doctor West

The motorcycle races to the library, minnowing between lanes of traffic at truly harrowing speed. Every traffic light is green as it blows through intersections; a fortunate thing, as even the computerized driving system would not be able to cross against the lights without putting other drivers at incredible risk. Even now, its pace is enough to invite chase from every police cruiser it passes, but they can't hope to keep up through the dense traffic. It will be mere minutes, and not many of them, before Elsa reaches the library.

Meanwhile, Doctor West sees a sudden explosion of people out of the library's lower levels. An entire panicked crowd is trying to force its way up a single stairway while it has a chance, and the inevitable happens. A young man in the lead trips on one of the topmost stairs and goes down, and is immediately trampled by the rushing crowd behind him. With no hope of getting up on his own, the man tries to cover his head, but without some sort of intervention, is unlikely to survive the stampede.

Last edited:
Gwen_Grabbed.png
=============================​
Gwen's savage dressing-down of the trapeze artists noticeably seems to disturb both the blonde and raven-haired acrobats, who give troubled glances first to Gwen, then to each other, but the redhead is apparently too frustrated by her inability to grab Gwen to notice. Drake uses this brief opportunity to lunge forward towards the acrobat holding Gwen; the brunette swings a kick at him, but due to her distraction, he's able to parry it aside and football tackle the blonde acrobat. Unfortunately, she seems to shrug off the attack. "THOMAS!"

Immediately, the redheaded acrobat strikes back with punishing force. She catches Drake in the side of the head with a long, powerful leg and stars explode across his vision. The blow takes him back to his glory days on the field, but now, he has no helmet or pads to protect him. He topples to the floor, his body ignoring his commands. Gwen, meanwhile, feels the blonde acrobat forcing her away from the sight, trying to march her towards the door to the employee-only section.

Gwen tensed up as she saw Drake charge in. As soon as the red headed woman takes the blow and winds up the kick hitting Drake, Gwen would let out a horrid scream. She quickly reached over feeling herself being dragged back by the blond and forced forward. The retired cheerleader quickly tried to bite down hard on the woman's arm only to cry out feeling her own arm getting the sharp pain. "LET ME GO! DON'T TOUCH HIM!"

Stalker's eyes slid onto the clown, ready to tear her to the ground and pound her into the concrete and the clown did the one thing that could stop Stalker, she engaged the seven sins. The pretty pixie haired girl fell against him, and Lucuis reached out and caught her, she couldn't see him but his arms wrapped around her, the heat of her flesh obvious through the sensitivity of his psyskin, the press of her breasts and the words that she had uttered to his sharp ears slid deep down into his soul where the sins lay and Lust shifted.

Oh, the heat, the softness, mine...must take it, must take it, fill her with my seed!

No, no, no! Lucius tried to scream but his body was already not his, here with all these people around he had lost control and Lust had the literal object of his desires in his arms in nothing more than a sports jersey and some rather small shoes leaning forward the creature hissed in the woman's ear,"Oh, my pretty, what aren't you wearing....let me see!" Tendrils slid out from his body, wrapping around the woman, curling around her legs, pinning her arms in place and wrapping over and around her breasts, arching her back as Lust's clawed hand fondled at it, the woman couldn't see him yet..but she could feel him.

With a cackle tinged with desire the beast ran for the door, shoving through the people, his prey wrapped in his tendrils as he simply sped faster than most cars through the crowd and down bwhere the fleeing behind a bookshelf the fleeing humans wouldn't come to, there the purple skinned Lust revealed himself each of the seven sins looked a little different, and that was all that seperated Lucius' heroics from their villainous acts...but Lust was even a little smarter than that, when he appeared to her, he didn't look like himself, no he looked like Thomas Drake, the man she had asked to sign her breasts, but with purple tendrils bursting from his skin and a massive purple cock appearing from the naked form of Thomas Drake.

"Oh, my pretty, let me see what you wanted me to sign?", gleefully purple claws sprang from his hand as he raked downward, shredding the jersey and revealing the skin below for a long purple tongue to lap at.

Lucius activates Speed 7, his elongation powers to wrap her up, and when he reveals himself makes himself look like a monstrous Thomas Drake with Morph +20 to disguise roll

Last edited:
Tom nodded along patiently as what looked to be an amateur reporter set up his question, interrupting once to add "and multi-million" with a grin. But he took in a breath as the actual question came, seeing it coming a bit. "Yeah..." he started, smiling sheepishly. "The money can go fast; why do you think I'm here?"

He waved off the joke after a brief pause. "Just kidding. We weren't paid. I wasn't, at least. But yeah, I was really lucky in that I got to earn above average pay and got to walk away from the game relatively healthy. I guess the best advice would be come up with a budget early, stick to it, and don't let family or friends manage your money. Seen plenty of teammates mess up there. Also, don't buy that mansion or sports car until your second contract."

At the next question, Tom immediately answered yes. After all, the question had started off innocently enough, and he was happy to sign autographs. When she specified the details of the autograph, he did smile nervously, as it was unexpected. He'd certainly received (and even honored) propositions like that throughout his career, so it wasn't a complete shock, but this wasn't the kind of setting in which he expected to hear it. He nodded acknowledgement and was preparing to answer, when Gwen beat him to it.

He exhaled sharply, wanting to be anywhere else in that moment. A battle between a flirty hookup hopeful and an ex-girlfriend was a no-win situation, and while he hadn't come here expecting something to happen, there was something about that shut down happening right after an invite making it more depressing. He looked back at Gwen not knowing what to say, confusion and disapproval evident on his face. He had to clench his jaw shut when she mentioned how awkward the situation was, like it wasn't almost entirely her fault. "Yeah..." he nodded, agreeing to wrap up. However, someone else had approached the mic.

A woman you manipulated with your skills and popularity and your handsome face. A woman who thought she'd be with you forever. In other circumstances, most, really, he would have felt horrible, tried to think about it. At the moment, however, it was too much. A third woman causing drama around him was at least one more than he was willing to be empathetic for. "Mom?" he jokingly answered, disregarding her.

He was more than delighted when someone stole the spotlight, figuratively then literally, and he clapped in pleasant surprise. He hadn't expected any kind of show, and he wasn't even upset that he wasn't getting paid anymore. Circus performers were an underrated but fun style of athletes, and he was glad to see them representing Movement for Movement as well. It wasn't until the "strongmen" appeared wielding sledgehammers that he got tense.

When the blonde clown grabbed Gwen, Tom got ready to jump over to help her, but the redhead was ready for it, and Tom succeeded only in jumping right into an oncoming foot.

Doctor West upon noticing the man fall downs rushes towards the crowd and loudly proclaims at them, "Do not worry I Doctor West the Mad Scientist is here and you have no need to worry now. Just leave in an organised manner and please do not rush. Be careful of where you step least you trample over unfortunate souls who trip and fall." Doctor West knows that this is not likely to work but a chance is still a chance. If the worst comes to the worst he could try to cover the poor man from the crowd. Apart from his intense intellect and will power he did have a decently tough body so he was likely to not suffer too bad of injuries from protecting him.

Radiance, Ivory Ace

The lion tries to shake off Lucy's magic, but can only stand in place and shiver. The lion tamer glances at the lion and releases a pensive sigh, but his worry is interrupted by the strongman.

"Are you just going to stand there and wring your hands, you coward?" the strongman shouts, spittle blasting from his lips. "Pull it together, man, or so help me I'll make your pet into a rug!"

The strongman's arm snaps out to grab Lucy again. This time, it's more successful, a large hand tightening on the back of Lucy's neck. The lion tamer grimaces, but then snaps his bullwhip forward, over the lion's back towards Suzy. It snaps millimeters from her face, leaving her unarmed but snapping the glasses off her nose to the ground. Suzy flinches away from the whipcrack - almost deafening a hair's breadth from her nose - then tries to pluck the glasses up off the ground.

Selena, however, is left alone. With her wristbands on and the racket in her hand, she seems to perform a tennis serve, but she has nothing in her hands - and then there's something. Almost too fast to see clearly, a ball of energy fires from the racket towards the strongman. This one, zipping past Radiance to impact on his chest, seems to hurt him more than the previous laser blast; he grunts in pain, though he doesn't stumble.
Radiance, roll either Strength or Dodge to resist being grabbed.

Gwen Cross, Tom Drake

The blonde acrobat flinches and hisses in pain when Gwen bites down on her arm, but even this doesn't stop her from dragging Gwen to the employees-only door. By the time she gets there, the brunette acrobat has caught up as well, wrapping her hand around Gwen's other arm. As she does so, she gives Gwen a smug, diabolical grin.

"Bad girl!" she says, then slaps Gwen's ass with her free hand. "No biting. Don't make us punish you."

The redheaded acrobat takes up the rear. With Gwen already grabbed by the two other triplets, she watches for other threats instead. The redhead levels her sights on a nearby young woman - one of the librarians that had been helping with the panel - but the librarian only puts up her hands and cowers.

Lying semi-conscious on the floor, Tom Drake watches the clown walk past him. "Come on, people!" she shouts, beckoning to someone else - probably the thugs - with a wave of her hand. "We've made a hell of a show, now keep! The! Momentum! Going!"

She punctuates each of the last few words with a clap of her hands. She doesn't seem to pay Drake any mind, but he notices a second figure as well - the athletic woman that had been in the midst of ranting at Drake before the attack. She's crouching next to a bookshelf, watching Drake from the shadows. Her eyes smoulder with intense determination.
Gwen Cross, roll either Strength or Dodge to resist being grabbed.

Doctor West

As he predicted, the crowd is far too panicked to listen to him. Shielding the man with his body is a cruder, but more effective solution; immediately, the crowd threatens to bowl him over as well, but this gives the man enough of a break to regain his footing and keep running, heedless of his injuries, out the door.

After a moment, the initial rush fades, but following the crowd up the stairs is a new threat - one of the thugs Doctor West saw earlier. Strangely, he doesn't seem interested in stopping the crowd, and is happy to see them go - but when he spots Doctor West, the only one not running, he turns to face him and grips his sledgehammer in his hands.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, huh?" the thug says, advancing. "Tryin' to be a hero?"

Meanwhile, Elsa speeds towards the library. Finally, she can see the building in sight, mere blocks away. At her current speed, she'll reach it in under a minute. As she approaches, she sees the front door explode open, with a rush of panicked people spilling out into the street.
Doctor West, please make a Toughness save to see how well you weather the crowd.

Stalker

"Ahhh, no! No!" the young woman screams in shock and fear as Stalker's tendrils wrap around her, but is neither fast or strong enough to resist his grip. She screams as he carries her behind a bookshelf into the darkness. The sounds of panic and running are mere meters away on the other side of the shelf, but they may as well be a million miles away for all the difference it makes. No one is coming to save her; Stalker's indulgence will not be interrupted. As his form changes to that of Tom Drake, her eyes widen, focusing first on Stalker's face and then on the massive purple phallus below.

"Wait, no - " she whimpers, then flinches away as tears through her jersey. It turns out she does have something under that: a pair of cutoff jean shorts, but no bra. She tries to struggle against Stalker's grip, but she's held fast. Nothing moves but her breasts, vulnerable and exposed, bouncing with her desperate movements.

"Oh, Jesus Christ," she whispers. Her head tries to look away, but she can't take her eyes off of her captor.

Clawed hands slide over her skin, Tom Drakes face smiles at her as a pair of clawed hands skim down her stomach,"Nice....flat......tasty...so tasty...will you scream for me? What's your name?" The clawed fingers curl and with a slow rip the bound female can hear her jeans being ripped in slow jagged bits as Lust tears them off in steady, tantalizing rips watching her breasts bounce and jiggle as she struggles. The purple phallus bounces as the tendrils adjust their grip, sliding to her wrists and ankles, pulling her in four directions and spreading her against the wall as white, perfect teeth are shown to her with a grin, opening his perfect football players face a long purple tongue lolls out, 12 inches long he leans forward and runs it over breast, teasing her nipple as his claws work to remove every obstacle between him and his goal.

"Scream little lovey, scream for me as I fuck you senseless....", there was a low chuckle and deep in the monsters mind Lucius screamed No, no, don't hurt her! She hasn't done anything!

Nothing except be pretty, available and pressed against him, her legs spreadeagled the purple phallus bobbed into place, pressing it's way towards her waiting sex, the clawed hands moving up to cup her breasts as he leans forward licking her face,"Sing for me, my lovey, sing...." And slowly, powerfully the swollen purple cock is pressed slowly between her legs and the folds of her sex as Lust purrs,"Yes...so tight....so warm.....so delicious...."

Back
Top Bottom