Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Ronin and The Kunoichi ::~Haru & NTI~::

Haruchai

As you wish.
Feudal Japan. There could be no place more beautiful, nor more deadly. Organized into strict social classes, most of the population fell on the lowest rungs of the ladder; merchants and artisans, as well as peasants, made up the lowest of the social classes. These made up roughly ninety-percent of the population. Above these were the military warrior classes; ronin and samurai as well as the daimyo they served. Ronin were on the bottom of this rung, and served no master. Ronin and samurai made up roughly nine to ten-percent of the population. Daimyo were warlords that controlled territories and answered directly to their superiors, the shogun. These lords, the shogun controlled entire provinces and in turn answered to the highest tier, the Emperor. Though the Royal Family technically ranked above the other lords, they were somewhat weak in comparison save for the Emperor himself.

----------​

The southern islands of Japan, known as Saikaido, are divided into nine different different provinces, but has been parsed out to seventeen different daimyo. As one might suspect, tensions run high on this large southern island, with each lord jousting for position and power over the others. The shogun have yet to interfere in the power plays going on, though keep an eye on each lord, weighing their actions.

One such lord is Shimazu Tadahia. The founder of the Shimazu Clan, Tadahisa seeks to consolidate power. The reason the shogun have yet to step into the political arena in Saikaido mainly pertains to the outsider status is holds. Not part of the main island of Japan, so long as the conflicts do not spill over into the rulers considered to have 'insider' status. Tadahisa is using this to his advantage and has already consolidated the Satsuma, Hyūga and Ōsumi provinces, controlling the southern portion of Saikaido. Setting his eyes northward he next sets his sights on Higo, presided over by the Otomo Clan.

----------​

Eighteen months. That is how long Shigeko Mochizuki has been ronin, masterless. Times have been tough on the large dragon. So far he'd been able to survive by hiring out his sword skills and through no small part the kindness of the peasants in the area. He'd been humbled by their generosity, and had become well known in the area. It was also hard to miss him. Most of the peasants here were human, or the smaller frog and toad variety. The amphibians excelled in fishing, which is how many of the peasants subsisted, and what they exported. Mochizuki was large, as were most of his kind. Standing at over seven feet in height, with green skin and a white underbelly, yellow eyes and ivory horns, there was no mistaking his heritage. Despite his obvious skill and size, Mochizuki had not sought out the employ of another daimyo after the assassination of his own. The misdeeds of his former master were only spoken in hushed whispers, and those themselves had brought shame to Mochizuki. Because of this he had been reticent in seeking another lord, the rumored actions of his former master leaving a residue on his very spirit.

So it was that when the messengers sought him out in the small fishing village, bringing word from the lord, Tadahisa, Mochizuki answered. One did not refuse the daimyo, and if he did so, the it was very possible that the villagers would suffer the military wrath of the lord. Gtahering what few things he had, Mochizuki went with the messengers, traveling to the capital city of Satsumasendai, the provicial seat of the Satsuma province, which straddled the Taumi River. The journey took some time, and the messengers were unable to tell Mochizuki just why the lord had summoned him. Yet as the city came into view, and the castle with it. The cherry blossoms had begun to open, the year now in early April. The sight was beautiful, yet Mochizuki knew the lord had not brought him here to admire the cherry blossoms.

Led into the castle, Mochizuki removed his kasa and his waraji as were customary. The presence of armed guards, samurai, was to be expected, and the looks they gave him hardened Mochizuki's heart. They thought little of this masterless ronin, and yet their lord had summoned him. Mochizuki waited to be admitted entrance to meet with the lord, sitting cross-legged on the floor in a state of meditation.

Sitting in a carriage carrying straw from a small village to the main capital, Ava was resting against the loose straw and looking over the piece of parchment that a certain messenger had left for her in a village. Since any Kunoichi were hard to find let alone get into contact with, she'd made a deal with a few villages to accept letters for her and she'd pick them up later. While most if not all Samurai looked down on her and her kind because they didn't fight in the traditional manner, Lords still contacted them quite often as they were an effective tool against Samurai and other Lords.

When the capital gate guards stopped the carriage driver she didn't move till they came over and demanded she get out. Lifting the official letter of summons she let the guard take it then smirked as he about tossed it back at her and they were granted passage. Giving a mocking wink to the guard as he frowned at her. Dressed in her usual gear of black cloth covering her body from foot to neck. Over that cloth was light black dyed leather over her breasts, her shoulders, forearms, thighs, and shins. The lower half of her face was also covered by a leather half mask. Her scales were charcoal black with a pink under belly and her eyes were a brilliant almost amethyst color in her eyes.

When the carriage driver pulled up to her stop she hopped down and dusted the loose straw from her armor and walked around handing the male three gold coins with a bow in thanks. Turning around to the large wooden doors she sighed, she really did despise working for these males but they paid well...if they didn't try and back stab her. Walking up to the door she showed her invitation once more before walking inside and spotting a rather large Dragon-kin sitting on the floor in front of the door leading to where the Lord was undoubtedly at. Looking along the walls and up to the roof she noticed that the rafters led into the opposing room which was a poor design flaw on their part. She'd easily be able to sneak up into the other room and take him out. Looking back at the door she walked up to the Samurai at the door and smiled.

When they put their spears in an X pattern in front of her she lifted her gloved hand and placed it where her mouth would be in mocking shock, then lifted the invitation letter for them to read. When she was informed to wait she raised an eyebrow.
"Rather rude. This Lord said it was urgent and that I should hurry, now you tell me to wait? Very rude indeed. Must not be that important."
She said as she shrugged and turned around.

When the guard asked where she was going, Ava lifted her hand in a wave.
"Home. This was a rather large waste of time."
As a guard rushed in front of her she looked at the male and narrowed her eyes.
"Careful boy. I don't bow to this Lord. We don't have Lord's remember. I work for the one who pays...not the one who makes me rush only to tell me to wait."
Moving to walk around the male he put his spear to her chest. A blink of an eye later he was flat on his face with that same spear stuck in the wall to her right. That long tail of hers was very handy and had yanked his footing out from under him. Placing her foot to the back of his neck and the front claws of her foot against the part of his neck where his skull met his neck.

"So rude."
She hissed as she was about to sever his spine from his skull.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

As he sat in meditative repose Mochizuki was still keenly aware of his surroundings. His ears were sensitive, as was his sense of smell. Another arrival had made it to the castle it seemed, and it was auspicious for him that he had not been summoned alone. So this was likely some venture that the lord wanted to hire them for. A soft rustle of cloth, and even before the newcomer spoke he knew it was female. Her smell was faint, but certainly feminine, and anyone paying particular attention to the dragon might notice the slight flair of nostrils.

It seemed the guards were overeager and the female was not one to stand for foolishness, and soon she made her displeasure known and then there was a very brief shift as one of the guards was floored, his spear tossed aside. Finally Mochizuki cracked open one eyes to survey the situation.

The female was darkly colored, her tail whipping back and forth like a cat's as she toyed with the hapless guard under her foot. A soupcon of a smile quirked one corner of Mochizuki's mouth and finally he spoke, his voice deep and smooth, like warm sake.

"You should forgive the young one his optimism in protecting his lord. Besides, it might not be taken well to kill a guard just outside the daimyos sanctum." His eyes flicked down to the human, whose eyes were tightly shut, waiting for his imminent demise. "Besides, I think he's learned his lesson." Mochizuki said as he stood, the talons of his feet tapping on the hardwood of the floor as he moved to crouch beside the human, his eyes looking down at the young man. "You should learn to be more courteous to those that your master has summoned personally. You understand?"

The guard nodded and Mochizuki looked up into the amethyst eyes of the darkly clad feminine figure before him. His yellow ones met hers without flinching. "You've bested him. Isn't that enough?" his head canting slightly to the side before he stood. He made no move to interfere and the guard's life was hers to take if she desired, but Mochizuki wondered how the lord might take bloodshed in his home. At least he could say he tried to make peace.

About this time the wide double doors slid open and what must have been the lord's adviser
gestured to them. The man was older, leaning heavily on a cane.

"The master will see you now." he said simply, and if he noticed the prone guard he didn't let on in the slightest.

Casting a glance at the young woman Mochizuki rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "That seems to be us." he said simply, and bowed slightly, gesturing with one arm for her to precede him.

Ava looked at the large Dragon-kin that finally decided to stand up for some reason and raised an eyebrow at him as he spoke. Crouching down to the human under her, before looking back at her. Snorting she looked at the human and crossed her arms under her bust.
"The world isn't a nice place, maybe I'll just remove his tongue to avoid him being an ass to someone else."
When the older male came, Ava didn't turn around but her eyes glanced to the right as that was where the sound came from. Looking at the male under her foot she bent at the waist, giving the guard behind her a wondrous view of her ass as she bent at the waist without bending her knees.

"For the rest of my time here...open your mouth to me again...for any reason...and you'll be on a one way trip to meet your ancestors."
With that she hopped off of the male and walked past the Dragon-kin, heading inside the Lord's main room. As she passed by the other guard, her tail slid along his chin as she smiled at him.
"Such a smart...quiet male."
Passing him she let him collect himself as she followed behind the older human and wondered to herself how this fossil of a male was still moving on his own.

Stopping at the base of the stairs, Ava propped her back against a rather large support pillar and crossed her arms as she looked at the Lord. No bowing, no bravado of honor and respect, just boredom. Sighing heavily she flicked her hand toward the door.
"You should probably post mute guards at your gate. Could save you from needing to replace some in the future."
Like any other masked fighter who held no loyalties, Ava didn't hold back in her personal feelings and while any Lord should be accustomed to it, she was sure this Lord was so high up in the clouds that he forgot not everyone cared about his ranking. Holding up the invitation she showed she was not one for small talk.
"So? What's this about? Who do you have a beef with? Want it to be a public execution or private? I don't care about your reasoning, just the task."

hC6v4ZW.jpg

Watching her carefully it was clear that the reptilian female was quite adept. She moved with a liquid alacrity that was quite something to behold, and was used to not only combat, and was proficient in it, but seemed at ease with using her femininity to throw her enemies off guard, as evidenced by the display of her posterior to the other guard, and the teasing swipe of her tail under his chin. There was no mistaking the way her hips swayed, and despite himself Mochizuki's eyes followed the switch of her hips with his gaze. She was... enticing. Yet dangerous. One to keep an eye on.

With a nod to the humans as he passed them, the seven foot tall plus dragon followed the older human gentleman. The lord was seated on a cushioned dais and his dark eyes narrowed at the behavior of the female before shifting to the ronin. Mochizuki gave a bow and then knelt on the floor as the woman asked her questions. Mochizuki would have raised a brow, but the abrasive nature of the woman was, in its' own way, refreshing.

By now they both knew this was lord Shimazu Tadahisa, and he wanted to hire them to do something.

"As you both know, I am seeking to expand my power, as we all do. To the north of us, the Higo Province, presided over by lord Otomo Yoshishige. I wish to hire you to assassinate him as well as his sons. For this task I will pay you each 500 ryo."

Mochizuki's eyes raised a bit at the reward he had set. It was quite the sum, and could easily support him well for over a year. No more porridge. This fact was spinning in his head as the lord spoke again.

"You both would be given writs to travel, showing you are in my employ and are welcome at any outposts in my provinces."

As this was said the old adviser would move forward and hand them each said writs. The lord then sat, awaiting his answer.

Ava stood there listening to the old male speak and did a numbers crunch in her head. Looking at the old male who handed her the writ she took it and looked over it to make sure it was legit and real. Once confirming this she pushed her backside against the support beam to stand up straight, rotating her hand at the wrist in a very obnoxious fashion before bringing her hand down and bowing at the waist to a complete 90 degree angle. Standing back up she giggled.
"Sounds good old man. See you in a few weeks. Oh, not sure if you heard but if you try and back stab me and not pay me."
Pausing she looked at the male with a sinister look, her mask hiding a wicked smile.
"The providence due east of here where the Lord suddenly passed in his sleep. He got a bit too cocky and tried to have me killed, I don't like liars."

Giving the male a wink she sauntered off with a skip in her step as she headed out. Passing the guard who she'd put into the ground she gave him a look but he didn't say anything. Giving him a smirk she left the palace all together, her so called partner still sitting on his big ass in front of the Lord. Well if he wasn't coming, she didn't need him. This wouldn't be her first Lord she'd killed and unlike the 'honorable' Samurai, Kunoichi didn't need to kill on the battle field, as she'd proven with her confession of the other Lord who'd tried to turn his back on her. Ava specialized in poisons and close combat as well as stealth. All skills that made her assassinations rather easy.

Ava did need to make a stop at a local herbs shop for some poisons. The rest of the ingredients she'd be able to pick up along her travels. Not bothering with a horse or carriage simply because a lone female walking tended to attract bandits and other rough people. They usually made good exercise along the way and they also had some nice things...sometimes. With that in mind, Ava headed to the local herb shop and purchased the herbs she needed. Putting them into the pouch on her hip, she paid for the things then headed out of the Capital to start her journey. If that walking, talking tree wanted to catch up, he'd have to hop to it.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

Mochizuki opened his mouth to answer, but the fiery female flourished a bow and then promptly turned on her heel and departed. Standing with a bow the dragon ronin wordlessly accepted the official write, tucking it into a snug pocket inside his robe. He caught up to the female on the stairs outside the castle, those hips of hers still swaying as she walked, and Mochizuki replaced the kasa on his head, which shaded most of his face.

He was about to speak, to give her his name and get hers as well, when she suddenly turned down an alleyway. Not familiar with the city, nor where she might be going, Mochizuki followed and as they came out on a bustling street he finally managed to speak to her.

"My name is Shigeko Mochizuki. It is an honor to meet you." he said simply as they walked. She flitted through the crowd deftly, her dextrous movements her boon, whereas the crowd parted for the large draconic for of Mochizuki. So it seemed that neither of them had a problem with the crowd itself. Up ahead he could see a sign for an herbalist, and apothecary, and he knew that had to be where she was headed. He waited for her outside and fell into step beside her. "Not much of a talker?" he asked, hoping to get some reaction out of her. This was an odd pairing, yet the lord must have chosen them to work together for a reason.

Ava spun on a heel with her hands behind her back, looking at the lumbering giant beside her. Looking him up and down she took careful note of everything he was wearing and remembered the looks the other Samurai gave him. Putting two and two together she sighed.
"Ava. No I'm not much of a talker. We know what it is we need to do and who it is. You're a Ronin if I'm not mistaken so you have some level of combat skills. So, worry about saving your own ass and I'll focus on mine shall we."
Turning a bit she stopped then turned her head his way.
"Speaking of asses. Keep your eyes off of mine, or you'll become a blind Ronin rather quickly."

As she said the last part she gave him a cute smile but her words held a specific amount of venom. Continuing on her walk, she headed farther and farther from the capital, not saying a word as she walked. Stopping for a break about three hours later, she picked a spot under a tree and sat with her legs crossed, pulling a smooth stone over in front of her. Plucking some specific herbs from her pouch she began grinding them against the stone into a fine powder and putting that powder into a small glass vial.

As she worked, she kept her eyes on the herbs, but it was clear she was acutely aware of everything around her as her eyes would occasionally glance to the humans or Anthro's that passed by on the dirt path not too far away from them. Once she finished with the herbs, she pulled another vial of liquid from her pouch and poured it into the vial of herbs, corking the top of the concoction and shaking it till it began a sort of sludge. Reaching behind her she drew her both of her swords as well as her trusty daggers. Setting them down on the stone she used a small brush and began painting the sludge along the razor edge of the blades. A potent poison that attacked the muscles of her enemy to make their movement considerably slower with each slice.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

She had him pegged already, and Mochizuki fell silent as she spun around as she walked, flaunting that body of hers, whether she realized it or not. Then she mentioned her ass, and to keep his eyes on his own and not hers. Under his breath he mumbled to himself.

"But yours is so nice..." he mumbled, eyes hidden by the rim of his kasa. Just to spite her his eyes gazed at the curves of her backside for a moment before moving back to the path upon which they walked. The smile she gave him had been cute, but her words dripped venom, and for a brief moment his forked tongue slipped from his mouth, the bifurcated tips spread wide as he tasted the air, and in fact, tasted her. She wasn't lying. She'd blind him if he overstepped. A tug at the corner of his mouth as he smirked, and he eyes roved about them, and with each sweep of his eyes he would watch her. One had to keep an eye on their partner after all.

Always aware of his surroundings, the ronin could see that they were being followed. Likely guards from the castle, meant to simply observe. For the moment he kept his silence about them, and once they passed out of the city it seemed they left them behind. The next few hours they walked in silence, until Ava moved off the path to begin the mixture of whatever concoction it was she was making.

He eyed the sky. "Dusk in another few hours. Do we keep traveling at night, or should we seek a roof and food?" he asked. He knew that if they both didn't stop she'd continue on without him, so they needed to come to an agreement beforehand.

Ava coated her blades in the poison then sheathed them once more. Putting the cork on the vials she put them in her pouch before leaning back against the tree, lacing her fingers behind her head as her eyes closed.
"Oh what's wrong? Poor Samurai not used to sleeping in the woods? Will the grass and dirt hurt your soft skin? Shall I go find some silk pillows for you?"
She asked in a mocking tone since all Samurai tended to live a lavish lifestyle and while Ronin didn't have that kind of lifestyle, it didn't mean that they hadn't once before. So of course she was going to poke at his pride and see where his limits were.
"As for when we're moving. I'm moving at night. You can move whenever you want. You know where we're going right? No need to wait for me."

Even Ava knew better than to just walk into a new place and kill the leader, she'd be doing some homework on the male and his son's before she made her decision on how to kill him. Ava never really 'slept' per say, she just relaxed her body and let her mind rest as well. Sleep was something she did in the comfort of her own home, outside of it she merely rested. Keeping her eyes closed, Ava decided to rest till the sun set.

A few hours later, Ava stretched against the tree and moaned at the feeling of her muscles waking up. Sitting up she looked around as her eyes adjusted to the night and she could already hear some rather obnoxious males up the road ahead. Smiling she pulled her mask off, then removed her chest armor and her bottom armor. Opening her top a bit so that it showed a generous amount of cleavage, she ruffled her hair and glanced at the male she was traveling with.
"Try not to spoil my hunt hmm."
She said as she turned around and like the guard, stroked his chin with her tail before pretending to be drunk as she stumbled down the road toward the loud humans a little bit up the road.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

Mochizuki gave a little snort as Ava began to tease him and he shook his head. "I don't mind sleeping outside at all. Usually it is the women seeking a bed to keep her warm and a roof over her head. I am at one with nature, so you need not worry your pretty little head about me." he said, shooting some of her teasing back at her. Besides, there likely wasn't any place around to have such accommodations. Though for a brief moment he did have a vision of silk pillows, Ava ass up, face down in them...

Clearing that thought from his head he nodded. "Traveling at night is fine by me. I'll keep up." he said.

The raucous noise from somewhere along the road had reached them and he watched wordlessly as Ava prepared to deal with it in her own way. Much as Ava herself he had slipped into a state of rest, but the men that had decided to make their camp not so far away were being rather disruptive.

She stripped off her armor and that left her in a simple dark shift, her body well displayed, which she augmented by baring quite a bit of cleavage. Her tail brushed his chin, as it had the guard, and he breathed in the scent of her. Even as she moved her breasts jiggled enticingly under the cloth, and she staggered away, her impression of a drunkard quite well done. Mochizuki moved, following while staying in the treeline, his dark robes blending easily, and he found a place where he could see Ava as well as the men, and with his hand resting on the hilt of his sword he watched.

Ava walked and spotted three males drinking from leather sacks which she assumed were filled with some sort of mead or maybe sake. Stumbling along the road one of the larger humans stood up and waved her in, promising some sake which had her smiling as she wobbled over and smiled, draping an arm over his shoulder and pressing her breasts against his chest. Looking rather drunk herself she scanned the small camp which was past the tree line to avoid wandering eyes. Off to the right, she found out why as there was a human female with a metal cuff around her neck and a chain tying her to a tree.

She was wearing rags and looked a bit underfed, but she didn't look completely gone mentally. She still had some life in her eyes. Knowing that the Dragon was within eye sight, she used her tail to point to the female as it lazily swayed from side to side so not to draw attention. She then looked at the male who was seated with some sake and plopped her ass right in his lap with a giggle. Snatching the sack from him she put it to her lips and used her natural venom to inject it into the sake. Pulling it back and wiping her mouth, she got venom on the back of her hand and she moved to another, bouncing from male to male. Stroking his cheek with the back of her hand as she had the smell of sake on her mouth.

Leaning in she gave him a sloppy kiss, coating her own tongue with her venom before kissing him to give him a lethal dose. Standing up she lazily danced around the fire as the one she kissed began to slump to the side and the one drinking from the leather sack seemed to be having a hard time breathing. When the bigger male finally noticed that his friends were dying, Ava's strong tail locked around his neck and dragged him to his back as she stood above him, her foot locked on his right wrist, his sword hand.
"Poor male. So wrapped up in sins of the flesh that you're oblivious to the obvious."

Tightening her tail around his neck she watched the colors in his skin change as she choked the life out of him. His wiggling telling her time was running out till he stilled and the light in his eyes faded. Not feeling a pulse in his skin she waited a bit longer then released him. Walking over to where the female was she smiled as she leaned her elbow on Mochizuki's shoulder and pressed her left breast against his strong shoulder. Taking note of his scent as she was pressing more than needed against him. Looking at the human female she smiled.
"So...you have a choice female. Come with us and be free, or head off on your own and be free. Choice is yours."

After a second or so, the female looked at the large dragon in front of her and Ava smiled.
"Oh don't worry. Mochi doesn't bite. He's a good boy."
As she said this, she reached down and stroked his chin with her hand and smiled as the female nodded then gave a small smile.
"I-I'll stay with you..."

hC6v4ZW.jpg

Mochizuki followed along and crouched as he watched Ava go to work. The men were drunk, but he followed the motion of her tail and his eyes narrowed. His sword was halfway out of the sheath when he saw what Ava was doing and he hilted the blade, eyes focused on the men, and the woman that they had decided to take for their own.

Ava played her part to perfection, and of course the men fell for her antics. She was exotic and deadly, and with round curves in all the right places they didn't see her coming, or even question why she would approach three strange men on the road. Even were it not for this stupidity, the woman collared and chained was enough to sentence them to death. There was a time and a place to collar a woman, and this one did not seem as if she had given permission. She looked downtrodden and degraded, and Mochizuki had to wonder what her fate might have been had they not come along.

He held no pitty for the men as they perished, and only then stepped out of the trees. The girl shrank away a little and Mochizuki stopped his approach. The young woman felt more comfortable around Ava, as she should, and then the kunoichi was pressing to him. She was cool to the touch, and for Ava herself she would realize something then about Mochizuki. He was hot. Not in the sensual way, but simply the heat that his body exuded. He was like a furnace! Ava's breast pressed softly against his arm, more than was needed, but there was no complaint.

The young woman seemed to consider for a moment, and Mochizuki knew she could not traverse the road alone, even if they simply had to escort her to the nearest village. Yet she chose instead to accompany them, and he gave a brief nod of acceptance. He moved then, slowly, and held out a hand to the young woman. She was small, as most human women tended to be, and her sloe-eyed look slowly softened from her initial fear. Mochizuki's hand was massive compared to hers, and it was warm, despite the claws on the tips of his fingers. Once she stood he motioned for her to remain still, and in a flash his sword had cut the chain, though the cuff was still about her neck.

"We should check them for keys." he said, and sure enough they soon found one. Handing it to the woman Mochizuki said, "You need to set yourself free, Little One. We made the road, but you have to travel it." he said, knowing that when she turned that key herself it would mean far more than if they simply did it for her. She was a free woman, and needed to become strong. His gaze encouraged her and with trembling fingers she took the key and managed to press it into the lock and undo the collar, which fell to the ground with a heavy metallic thud. She had done what she needed to do and Mochizuki reached down to grab the metal ring and with a wrench he snapped it in half and tossed the pieces apart. The dragon then made sure the campfire the men had was completely put out, leaving the young woman and Ava to talk briefly. The young woman needed Ava right now, more than she needed him.

Soon he was ready and with a motion, and a brief touch of his hand on the small of Ava's back (he did not yet touch the young woman), he heaved a sigh as they headed back to their own camp, their new charge in tow. The touch for Ava was to show he approved, and to also lend his support. She was a strong woman and had made this decision on her own, but knowing that he supported her was still something that partners did, and like it or not they were in this together now. The three of them knew what had happened to these men, criminals or not.

Ava had spent some time talking to the female who's name was Yumi. Walking her back to their little area, she set her up beside Mochi and smirked.
"He's like a big blanket. He's a good male, just be sure to cover your backside. He likes to stare."
She said as Yumi blushed a bit but sat close to the dragon and offered her hand slowly.
"I'm Yumi. Thank you for saving me Mochi..."
She said as she used the little name that Ava had called him thinking that was his name. Ava bit her bottom lip to hold back laughter before fixing her top and putting her armor and mask back in place.

Yumi looked at her and seemed to show a lot of recognition to Ava's gear.
"You're a Kunoichi."
Ava smiled and nodded.
"Correct. Familiar with us?"
Yumi nodded and smiled.
"I was from a village that supported your groups."

In other words, a neutral village that supported Kunoichi's and was supported by them as well. Once Ava had hr gear on, she walked around and plopped her ass right on Mochi's lap, wiggling till she was comfortable. Turning around and looking at the male she slowly dragged her eyes down and smirked under her mask.
"Got a hidden sword in your garb?"
She asked as she could feel the bump of his sheath beneath his clothing. Giggling as Yumi cocked her head in confusion she smiled at the female.
"You know those Samurai's, always carrying a bunch of blades since one just isn't enough."

Yumi smiled and seemed to relax a bit more as Ava handed her some dried meat just to get some food in her stomach.
"May need some more meat. Mochi, think you can be civil and watch Yumi while I go hunt?"

hC6v4ZW.jpg

Mochizuki shot Ava a glance as she told Yumi to guard her backside, but then again, it was true. A little. The young woman offered her hand and thanked him and he took her hand and clasped it between both of his. He bowed his head, and then released her hand. Ava got dressed in the meanwhile, and he watched from the corner of his eyes as she did.

The women spoke between themselves and Mochizuki stoked the fire, knowing Ava would need the warmth. She might like sleeping outside, but it was still Spring and sometimes the chill of the past months of winter came down from the mountains.

Then Ava was plopping herself down on his lap, her lush backside rubbing against him in very particular ways. She called out his sheath, the hard wooden length pressed into one cheek a little, and when she asked if he could watch Yumi he replied. "Of course. She'll be quite safe." he promised. He wondered how she came to be in the situation they'd found her in. Had the men stolen her? bought her? She certainly did not seem to be happy to be with them, and the collar around her neck spoke to that. Yet he would not ask, and he never would. Only Yumi could reveal that, and in her own time.

When Ava was gone to hunt for some rabbit, Yumi slowly inched closer and closer to Mochi simply out of need for warmth and because his size and how nice he was gave her a sense of security, something she hadn't felt since her parents were alive. When Ava returned with three hare's, she skinned and gutted them quickly before cooking them so that they could all have some food in their bellies. Yumi ate rather quickly as this was one of the best meals she'd had in years. When they all fell asleep that night, Ava was close to the fire, but Yumi was tucked in tight to Mochi's side, her hand gripping his clothing rather tightly. Ava did notice as she rested that Yumi had some pretty bad night terrors as she was whimpering and shaking a lot in her sleep.

Getting up early, they doused the fire and got moving. Mochi had to carry Yumi the last few miles as she seemed to be running low on strength, due to her not having eaten a lot over however long she was a slave. As they got into the town gates, showing their papers, Ava went and found an Inn, paying for a night, getting a rather large room so that all three would be in the same room to not only cut on costs, but also cut down on risk of them being caught alone if they were being followed.

Once the rooms were purchased, Ava took Yumi and Mochi to go find some suitable clothing for Yumi. Getting her a pair of black leather pants that scouts often wore, and a loose fitting top for her skin to breath and also allow for some growth when she got some weight back on her bones. The clothing she was wearing was more tailored for males, but it would suit how they were travelling for now. Also getting her a pair of boots similar to what Ava was wearing. After Yumi bathed in a bath house, she dressed and walked out to show the two when she bumped into a rather large male and immediately went to bow in apology. A loud crack rang out as Ava turned to see Yumi on the ground weeping and a rather round human male above her yelling at her.

Ava's tail began snapping from side to side as she was instantly pissed and walked over in time to hear the male scolding her for running from her Masters.
"I told you to stay with them! Why can't you follow that one simple task! Fucking wench! You were to pay off the debt, consider it an honor in saving your family!"
As he reached back to strike Yumi again, Ava reached for her dagger and was about to gut this fucker right in the middle of the road.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

The hares were a boon, and Mochizuki could see just how useful, in addition to her martial prowess, Ava was going to be on this assignment. He was a decent hunter, but he'd have had to rely on traps and not swiftness. He felt Yumi snuggling close during the night and he practically cocooned her with his arms and body, holding her close and safe and warm. The next morning they were back on their way.

The inn in the next little town was quite nice, and Mochizuki had carried Yumi easily the last few miles. Once they had entered the town and Ava had paid for a nice room at the inn, the women went off to the baths and to buy some clothing. Mochizuki instead went and made some reservations at one of the nice local establishments. He then went and met the women at the bathhouse, fully expecting Yumi to be transformed, and he was not disappointed. Yumi had cleaned up very nicely, her flawless skin starting to get back some healthy color.

Mochizuki had turned away for just a moment when he heard a crack, the sound of flesh hitting flesh, and he turned to see Yumi on the ground, a man standing over her. Just to the side was Ava, her wicked curved dagger in hand. In a flash Mochizuki was on the man, grabbing his wrist and squeezing, with considerable force.

"Leave her be." he hissed and twisted, the man flipped onto his back in the street, Mochizuki standing over him. He had to be careful though, because if this man was her family, then selling Yumi would have been his right, whether Mochizuki agreed with it or not. Reaching down he physically hauled the man to his feet, his large hand clenched in the man's robes. Then, as some bystanders watched, Mochizuki dragged the man out of the town.

As Mochi was dragging the male away, Ava grabbed Yumi carefully and helped her to her feet. Inspecting her cheek it was going to bruise but nothing too bad. Turning she watched the male try and fight back.
"Unhand me you giant lizard!"
When the male drew a small dagger, while she knew it would have little to no effect on Mochi, she still grabbed a fork off of a nearby table and fired it at the male's hand, knocking the dagger out of his hand. She then slipped her arm around Yumi's waist and all but carried her to the Inn to get a cool rag on her cheek.

Once in their room she sat Yumi on the bed as she whimpered and cried, mainly out of fear. Ava held the rag to her cheek as Yumi shook like a rattlesnake tail. Stroking the female's head, Ava held onto her and just whispered soft words of encouragement into her ear while rocking her from side to side. Ava had her fair share of cruel males, one specific male was the soul reason she'd become the kind of female she was. Pushing those memories far to the back of her mind, she simply focused on Yumi.
"M-Mochi?"
"He's fine, just taking the garbage out."

She said with a smile as she had Yumi lie down so that she could rest, standing up she looked out of her window from the Inn and could just barely see Mochi, thanks to her acute eye sight and animal like senses. He'd better kill that male slowly...or beat the tar out of him and leave him for the wolves.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

As the man struggled and called Mochizuki a lizard, the ronin made sure to put on a show.

"I am no lizard!" he growled, and before the townsfolk Mochizuki cast his head skyward, opened his maw and spouted forth a great gout of flame, the orange and yellow fire spreading upward before he closed his snout, nostrils smoking and cast his yellow eyes down at the man in his grasp, who now left a wet trail behind them as he emptied his bladder being drug out of town.

Out of the town Mochizuki gave the man a fighting chance, even putting aside his swords, not even giving the man the honor of bloodying his blades. The fight was quick, and brutal, the man soon on the ground, wheezing, ribs broken, jaw shattered. Mochizuki drew his tanto and relieved the man of his fingers before he bound him, broken, to a tree and drew that blade across the man's abdomen, spilling his entrails down his legs to pool on the forest floor at his feet... intact. A non-lethal blow. But bloody, as the scent would carry on the air.

Mochizuki sat to the side and watched the man struggle feebly, the howls starting in the distance. The wolves would come and devour him alive, the same as the young men would have done to Yumi. They'd have left her broken and bloody in a forest and not given a care, thinking they were safe in their pack as they used Yumi up. Because of this man.

The first of the forest wolves appeared, baleful eyes surveying the scene, and those dreadful gazes passed over Mochizuki to the man at the tree - who they set upon with fervor, ripping him apart, limb by limb, little by little, until his screams for mercy were lost in a gurgle of blood. Only then did Mochizuki stand and make his way back into the town, seeking out Yumi and Ava at the inn.

Yumi did try to walk over to Ava, who smiled at her and informed her that she was just keeping an eye out for Mochi. Which wasn't a complete lie, she was just watching the show instead. When the man was gone, well mostly gone, Ava stepped away from the window and closed the blinds. She then informed Yumi that she was going to get her some water. Leaving the room she simply stood outside the door and waited for the big male to show. When he did, she jerked her thumb to the door.
"She needs a male's comfort and safety net. Don't disappoint."
She said as she left the male to keep Yumi company while she went into the town to do some homework on the Lord who they were after.

This wasn't his area, but spending enough time in the bars, she'd be sure to find out enough of the male. All she had to do was show off her goods, males were simple creatures with simple needs. Ava was gone for about three hours, speaking to several traveling merchants, a few bounty hunters as well as some random peasants who happened to really dislike the Lord that they were going after and given a bit of sake, they were more than happy to start giving useful...as well as useless, information.

Once she had what she needed she decided to go to the bath house inside the Inn to take a warm bath and just relax. While she was doing that, Yumi was glued to Mochi's hip and refusing to let go for anything except for allowing the male to get up and use a restroom. Other than that, she was nestled in his side.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

Returning to the inn Mochizuki was a little surprised by the tenderness that Ava showed, and the somewhat friendly demeanor in which she greeted him. But then he realized it was for Yumi's benefit, and the large Dragon-kin stepped into the spacious room, and removed his swords and then went to the young woman. He had little to offer in the way of comfort save for himself, and he held her as long as she wanted. He spoke softly to her.

"That man will not bother you again. I am sure that someone will look for him, but they won't find anything. You are under our care now and his debts do not fall on you. If anyone comes to collect we'll deal with them." he told her softly, and rubbed her back as she fit perfectly into the crook of his arm and against his side. Rarely did human women ever allow him to get this close, and it was a strange thing for him. He felt responsible for her, and he knew he'd do anything in his power to keep harm from coming to her.

After some time it seemed that Yumi fell asleep and Mochizuki allowed himself time to rest as well. However, after a bit, when she stirred, he awakened and gave her a soft squeeze. "Shall we go and look for Ava then? Or would you rather stay here until she comes back? Rest assured, Little One, that nobody will harm you." His hand rested on Yumi's back, much as it had on Ava's earlier that day, and truth be told even though he knew Ava could take care of herself, things felt better to him when they were all together.

Yumi stirred awake after her little nap and looked up at Mochi's face as he gave her a light squeeze. How was such a massive male so gentle with her?
"Find her. It's getting late."
She said in a croaked tone as her tears and her sleep had dried her throat. Drinking some water before leaving, the two of them walked through the Inn, Yumi suctioning to his hip any time a human male happened to walk past them or beside them. She knew most of the males in this town and almost all of them had believed her Uncle when he said she was a whore. So she didn't want to get too close to any of them.

As they found the bathing chambers, Yumi squinted as she looked through the thick steam until she spotted Ava of in the corner, in her own little pool. She was about to call for her but froze as she stared at the female. Both Yumi and Mochi would see an ice cold look in Ava's eyes. They were clouded like she was thinking about something but the look in her eyes was so cold that Yumi felt a chill run up her spine. There was nothing there, no heart, no emotion, just dead pan ice.

The cause of this look was Ava having a slight flash back of the night her mother was raped and killed in front of her, while she'd been hiding in the crawl space. A certain Lord had come into their home late at night and killed her father saying he was a thief, then raped her mother multiple times before killing her for making too much noise. She still remembered the Katana smashing through the wooden floor boards, coated in blood. There'd been a Samurai there with the Lord, his body guard, and the male had done nothing. It'd been too dark to see the male's face, all she remembered was the massive size of the male as he took up the entire doorway.

Ava had taken her revenge on the Lord, but she didn't find his guard. She wanted that male to die just like the Lord did, Samurai honor her ass. Standing by and watching that male murder two innocent people? All Samurai were the same, boasting so high about honor but turning a blind eye to innocent murders. Blinking a few times Ava looked over to see Yumi and quickly splashed some water in her face as her usual smile was on her lips and the warmth was back in her eyes. Yumi wasn't sure what that memory was, but whatever it was...it was not a place she wanted Ava to be in. She was a completely different female in that mind set.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

He was not entirely unaware of Yumi as she clung to him every time another male came around, and he gave a polite nod to the small otter couple that ran the baths as they entered. Ava was easy to find, and Mochizuki frowned as he saw her. Cold. Expressionless. There had to be some deep pain in her past to make her look that way. Yumi broke the reverie as she saw her friend and moved toward her. Yumi was scared at first, by that look, but then concern pushed her forward toward Ava. Yumi, for all that she had been through, wanted to help.

A few more seconds and Ava was back to her normal demeanor, though Mochizuki had gotten a glimpse at her true self, bared to the world as it had been, however brief. Yumi, in her youthful exuberance, hugged Ava about the neck, and Mochizuki approached more slowly.

"I've made us some nice reservations at a local restaurant. We should go and eat. We'll need our strength." he told them. Besides, a meal was a great place to build camaraderie, and Yumi was sure to need the food. Turning his back so that Ava might preserve her modesty should she desire it, Mochizuki pushed the thought of that mask of utter nothing from his mind.

Soon they were on their way to a fine meal.

Ava smiled at Yumi as the two walked to the changing room, changing into her clothing as it was washed by the nice couple while she was bathing. After she was done, she and Yumi both headed to meet Mochi and they all sat in a fairly nice place to eat. Ava managed to seem like nothing was wrong as she ate and made little jokes about Mochi and how hard it must be to eat politely with such a huge mouth. Yumi did giggle a few times at her jokes but Ava noticed how Yumi seemed to latch onto Mochi which was good. She needed a strong male as a support, one who wouldn't take advantage of her or rob her of what innocence she managed to keep. After their meal, the trio headed back to their room and decided to sleep for the night.

In the morning, the one change to their travelling plan that Ava did make was purchasing a donkey and a small carriage so that both Mochi and Ava could take turns teaching Yumi how to drive the carriage and it would also allow Yumi to rest while allowing them to move while she rested. Filling the back of the carriage with some provisions and clothing for Yumi. About three hours into their journey after having left the town, Ava was the one steering the carriage as Yumi seemed to open up more, was running around a bit more and asking Mochi anything and everything about his travels, and just soaking up information.

She'd also surprised both of them as she just randomly blurted out, "Can you two teach me to fight?"
Both she and Mochi seemed a bit surprised but neither were going to deny her either. Ava told Yumi she'd teach her how to use daggers as they were easier to conceal and she'd also teach her some good close combat for a female to know.

hC6v4ZW.jpg

The meal was nice, and Mochizuki soon was shooting teasing barbs back and forth with Ava.

"I'll eat you politely." he murmured as Yumi gasped then giggled while he shot Ava a meaningful glance. Yumi, as expected, ate quite a bit, more than one might think her slight frame could handle, and then they decided to retire for the night. Once again Yumi latched onto him, and Mochizuki kept her close, though he observed Ava from time to time.

Morning broke, and the trio set out on the road again after purchasing a small cart and a donkey. Now they could stock up on provisions, which they also did. Though they had money for staying in inns still, who knew when they might need it, so in their provisions was more than enough to camp comfortably, including a tent.

Setting back out on the road Yumi peppered them both with questions, but seemed most interested in the Dragon-kin. Mochizuki answered honestly, and more of his past was revealed; he'd been born into a well bred family, supposedly with ties back to some of the Celestial Dragons themselves, though this had never been proven. Mochizuki spoke of his time as a samurai, and how he had been pledged to a lord that was not a kind or a just man. The lord Kenjuro Yamatsu. Even as he spoke one could detect the regret in Mochizuki's voice.

"I should have cast aside my honor and left, or killed him myself. I knew of his misdeed and yet did nothing to stop him. It is a shame I carry with me every day. Though it has come at great personal cost, I would rather be ronin than serve such a master." he said, his face grim.

For a time they continued on in silence until Yumi's outburst. Surprised by it, Mochizuki agreed, and told her he'd not only teach her some swordplay, but archery and hand-to-hand techniques as well. Between the two of them, himself and Ava, they could make Yumi quite deadly if she dedicated herself.

Back
Top Bottom