Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Heroes are Dead, Long Live the Heroes (GuardianAngel and Ezralora)

Ezralora

Supernova
Powers are... well a thing. Amazing i know that's what a lot of people thought once they woke up, had accidents or just generally got curious and began to manifest superhuman abilities. It was in a way magical, heroes began to take to the streets beating back crime to an almost stand still... Until ambition began to clutch at the hearts of those with power. Villains began to rise up to combat the heroes, the heroes got organised became defenders of the countries of the world, separate from the governments of the world and policed by each other all united under the want to make sure the world remains in a state of peace.

That was until the Villains of the world clicked and moved under the shadow of the one with the biggest ambition. A man known now as the Ruler. There was a battle that left the world scarred and even now all these years after the event the Earth still heaves from the blows dealt that day. The heroes inevitably fell, and the Ruler divided the world up amongst his followers, those that were most loyal to him form the ruling body of the world now. Those with powers, though known off are still outnumbered by the population but what they lack in numbers they make up for in power. Over the years the Ruler began to make himself into a deity like figure. Working hard that with every year that passes the memories of what was before his time grey dimmer and dimmer.

The world now under the grip of the Ruler seeks out those with abilities to bring into his fold and keep his rule as long as possible. Many rumours have begun to spread of the Ruler's feats, that he doesn't age, that he can't be killed. All of this just further stomping down on the will to rebel and rise up. However, the descendants of those heroes long ago still live. Those with a sense of justice that are just lacking in the experience to combat such a large foe. Those with the memories of how the world use to be, but this begins to ask the question what happens if they take down the Ruler? How will the world change will it be for the better or the worse. Only one way to find out and that's through the actions of these souls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kavardra Hemwick

Appearance: Kavadra is a man that looks older than he should, he has lines around his eyes from tiredness that generally makes him seem devoid of the youth that should be pumping through him at this age. His skin is white, but stained in parts from constant exposures to dirt, though along his muscled arms are a criss cross of silver like scars that can be found all over his arms and hands. His physique is muscled and athletic rather than buff up. Just enough to make sure he can do what he needs to do, and just too little to avoid having people's eyes drawn to him. His tired eyes are sea green, often reminding people of the oceans when the sun shines on them just right upon the beaches. They go well with his flaming red hair that goes to just above his shoulders. This is probably his most distinguishing trait and makes it harder for him to blend into crowds.

Kavardra tends to dress in a once white, now grey shirt with the sleeves rolled up with a faded waistcoat and a patched trousers and coat often seemingly giving him a bit of a colourful yet jester like appearance at times. His coat has been fitted with numerous pockets but is usually used to house his thick leather bound book, that is also attached to his belt. He is very protective of this book, some rumours coming that it contains the information of the time before the ruler. His trousers tend to be pinstriped with equal amounts of patches put into them through overuse and wear and tear. The only thing that seems dusty but in the prime condition are the boots he wears, which is a miracle considering the amount he travels. In short his clothing tends to be just enough wear to blend in and just enough him, so if people are looking for him they can spot him. He would wear a tie but he claims he hasn't found one that is quite his style yet.

Power: Names

Names is a rather bizarre power, it allows Kavardra to work towards finding out the true names and names of people and objects without having to explicitly ask a person. If he knows the true name of something he can influence it to a varying degree depending upon his practice and relationship of the name. He has to verbally speak the name in order to activate his power, for example if he wished to influence a fire he'd have to speak the true name of fire in order to gain influence of it. Same for a person. If he doesn't know, or is unable to speak he cannot use his power. Also he is only human and has a limited memory span for all the names he knows.

Fun Facts: He has been publicly executed twice, and imprisoned... until he recently broke out and fled to the other side of the continent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two years since Kavardra taken his last breath of fresh air before he was sent into the cells where he was held. The cells hadn't agreed with him, where once he had looked more lively and jolly, happy go lucky and ready to save the day. Now he looked tired, drained. The sunlight exposing the work that had been done to him in his time away from civilisation. At first it was strange getting use to it, almost as if he had been missing a step. In the few months he was allowed to be himself he had gradually picked up on the step he missed, having to cover miles upon miles of land. He had always been a trouble maker as was evident by a steady reputation the flame haired young man had began to build around himself. The world around them just seemed wrong and constrained, and he was one of those that wished for change and unlike most was willing to work towards it. Spurring people into action with impossible deeds and lies that he turned to truths... eventually.

He even knew that there was a few times that he had been quote on quote killed only to turn back up a week or so later with a smile on his face and a welcome back with his fellow comrades in the war against the Ruler. That however had changed, the last time they tried to pull a stunt it had turned south quicker than a dog snuffs up food. The deaths were high and the people captured and taken away were less but also a heavy blow. Kavardra was unsure of how many people were still willing to do what he and the crew had managed... No doubt the Ruler and his gang of leaders made an example of them.

Kavardra was one of those gifted with powers. He unlike some had been born with them and that had been his ticket to an easy life if he chose to take it. The best education, the best life one could ask for and then working under the Ruler's regime above the normal people. The sheep being guarded by the wolves... but that life... eventually grew sour. He had found out about heroes and how they opposed evil and somewhere deep in his mind the word evil connected just oh so nicely with the Ruler and so he formed a crew with his childhood friend and like minded people... Until thing well and truly fucked up.

He brushed a nervous hand through his wild flaming red hair, before clearing his throat as he came to an old statue that he was sure had once served as a memorial for someone long ago. The name had been scratched out, but the date was just barely visible. Somewhere in the early twentieth century... Nearly two hundred years ago.

Kvaradra placed his cold hands into the folds of his colourful coat as he swirled around, the many strips that made up the tails of the coat flaring out, briefly exposing the blue fabric on the inside and a variety of symbols woven into it. The park was quiet at this time, most people had rushed back to their homes, the large blocks of apartments getting taller with each decade, and those that stayed out were in the pub. The only people who would be out at this time with business would be the Noble families and their Powered people, sons of noble's, bodyguards. All the people that wouldn't want to be seen under the harsh light of day. Kavardra had grown to like the night, it made him appear more lively and hid what the cells had done to him.

"Where are you all..." he questioned, as he watched his breath rise into the cool night sky, the stars now visible clearly in the sky as over the years light pollution had cut down. It was a breathtaking sight. With a deft movement he plucked a wind up pocket watch from his waist coat and checked the time. 9:56pm. In just four minutes he would see who was left, see who he had to work with. In just four small- Oh would you look at that, three minutes now. Slipping the pocket watch back into his waist coat, he closed his colourful coat with a mixture of buttons and more secure buttons. If there was anything this coat was, it was his; his and very warm.

Kavardra watched her as he felt the first few drops of rain begin to fall onto his head. He frowned as she seemed to be reacting differently, he remembered her being much more talkative or having a plan on what to do. He remembered her being able to pull herself up even when things were down... or had he missed something back then? He took a small step forward as he took in a deep breath and placed his hands on her shoulders as he stood behind her. He didn't look down at her, he just looked in the direction that they were facing. She wouldn't really be able to see the reaction on his face... Unless.

He slowly went to try and turn her around and lift her hands up to feel his smiling face as he looked at her. "It's okay though... We'll figure it out. We always will." He told her with a small smile as he held her hands in his warm ones. It was a small smile, but sometimes a small smile can go a long way. "There is something out there, i believe it." He told her with no wavering in his voice, surprising himself with how much he was latching onto that train of thought to say the least.

Keely was a bit surprised when she felt him behind her, although she did relax when she realized that it was him. Soon enough she found herself being turned around towards him, and her hands were being lifted up to touch his face. This had her just tracing her fingers along his face gently, and could feel that he was smiling. It was a small smile but it was still there. That was something that seemed to help calm her nerves a bit, and she just listened to what he had to say. She was giving a small nod then spoke in a soft voice, "Things were different after you disappeared. Many had fallen into a state of depression. Whether you realize it or not.... You were the glue that held everybody together. The exact reason why everybody seemed to split up after you just seemed to disappear." With that she was letting out a small breath of air before she was just tilting her head up as though looking up at him.

"Lets get back before the others begin to worry." Keely spoke after a moment in time, her voice soft, and there being a faint smile on her lips as well. After that she was taking a step away and keeping her hand in his, drawing him with her so that they could head back.

Kavardra gave her a wider smile before he shrugged his shoulders. "And here i was thinking that you just called me glue before i got everyone into sticky situations... Wow that was a bad joke even for me. Please expunge that from your memory." He told her as he made no effort to take his hand back as she began to head back. "I... if i could change it i would make it so that i didn't leave. But it was just how things worked out unfortunately..." He siad as he gave her hand a comforting squeeze as they began to make their way back, letting her lead him on as his coat tussled a little as the strips of fabric flapped around him as they soon enough returned. He took in a deep breath, as he ran a careful hand through his red hair. The Mutant has just left them, and worse more, it seemed like the task was truly beginning to unravel around them, and it was becoming a big, big mess.

"Well you were always getting everybody into sticky situations as well. So honestly it was a mixture of both. Getting us into situations and keeping us together." Keely spoke as she walked along with him, just listening to the wind around her. Keeping an ear out for anything unusual, or listening to any whispers that the wind had for them. As she walked along there was a thoughtful look that crossed her features before she spoke, "I have to wonder.... why did the mutant freeze like it did? It hesitated to harm us." Well it had no problems with harming Landrim and the others, but when it came to that of Kavardra and Keely.... now that was a completely different story.

Kavardra let out a low sigh as he rubbed the side of his head trying to thing of a reason on why it would have happened. In all his time alive he couldn't tell you why or anyone how that could have happened. "I don't know..." He said eventually after a long pause, a pause that lasted far too long. He took in a deep breath before squeezing her hand lightly. "But at if it effects one of them, it might be the same for the others. So it could be something completely and utterly foolish to test out." He told her with a small shrug before closing his eyes as he took in a deep breath, and glanced up to the sky. Blue.

Keely was just frowning a bit before she spoke, "It was so strange...." Not that she had seen it stop moving, but she had felt it. It had been moving towards them, and then it had just stopped. Even when it had tried to take Landrim from her, it had seemed almost hesitant, especially when she had moved to cover him more. She was tilting her head a bit when he was commenting that there was something foolish to test out, something about the mutants. Well she had been half paying attention. But she knew that he had been talking about the mutants. "Kavardra. Do you think it is possible for me to learn how to control the other three elements?" she questioned in a soft voice. Preferably with ease like she did with air, although something told her that it wasn't going to be that simple.

Kavardra glanced at her with a frown as he took a small moment. "Hmm? Learn the other three elements? Yes i think it is certainly possible for you, whether or not it is going to be hard is only something that you can figure out in due time." He pointed out before running a hand through his wild red hair as he adjusted his coat. "But, yes i think you can do it. You have the complete faith of one probably slightly insane man." He pointed out and gestured to himself.

Keely was just tilting her head in his general direction before a smile was forming on her lips. Yeah she could definitely learn the other three elements, the biggest thing was that she needed to have some faith in herself. And it did slightly help that Kavardra seemed to have complete faith in her, but she kind of figured that that is how it would be. With that she was raising her fist into the air before she spoke, "Alrighty then! I have a new goal! Learning to control the other elements!" But now she had to figure out which one to work on next which had her questioning, "But which one should I start with? Earth, water, or fire?" No she wasn't going to be crazy and try to take them all on at once. She would start with one at a time, otherwise everything was just going to get too chaotic.

Kavardra gave her a wide smile as he clapped his hands in an applause as she seemed to have found the motivation. "Yes I am sure you will be mastering them in no time at all." he complimented her before taking in a deep breath as he slipped his hands neatly into the folds of his coat. "Hmm that is certainly a good question... Maybe water? Then if you try fire you can put it out... and if earth happens... You can... make a rather entertaining puddle?" he suggested with a slight grin before scratching the back of his head, ruffling his red hair before snapping his fingers as he had a thought. "Actually that brings up a thought... What would you say if we took a trip to Ground Zero?" He asked her with a tilt of his head.

Keely was tilting her head ever so slightly before she was giving a grin then spoke, "So water it is. That is my goal, to master water." With that she was continuing after him, holding onto his arm. At least it wasn't overly cold out that day, or overly hot. And the others were already back to the safe house safely, which was definitely a good thing. How that Mutant had acted had most definitely baffled her, and it was still on her mind but for the time being she was just going to push that aside. Keely was tilting her head in his general direction when he asked about making a trip to Ground Zero. This had her giving a nod of her head before she spoke, "Lets go."

Kavardra smiled and placed a hand gently over Keely's as they walked. She had made something here and it was extraordinary, it wasn't a way to fight against what was happening. But people found it to be home and that in itself was something amazing. When she agreed he patted her hand. "Good, we'll leave tomorrow then it's going to be a long trip though.. So pack well." He felt his heart rate increase, Ground Zero where it had all began.

It was the place where powers had begun to manifest themselves and the people there had begun to experiment. Some people made pilgrimages up there treating it as a holy sight. There was always going to be those that treated something strange like that. Others made their way there hoping to find answers. Kavardra was hoping to find answers, or something to help them fix this. Or provide some insight to what was going on around them. It was nearly one thousand miles away from this city and it meant crossing places more heavily watched by their enemy. He didn't realise until a few moments had passed that he was squeezing Keely's hand.

Keely merely followed after him, clutching onto his hand in a loose grip. She just tilted her head for a brief moment in time before she spoke, "Sounds like a plan to me." But man the trip to Ground Zero wasn't going to be an overly pleasant at all. Going through places that were watched by the enemy, possibly running into more mutants than not. But at the same time Keely wasn't going to complain about. For the longest time she had refused to go there, not wanting to know what actually lay there. But now, going there would give her answers to some of the questions that she was seeking, at least that was the hope anyways.

"Well we shall leave tomorrow then, before the sun has risen in the sky and we'll make good time." He gave her a slight smile, as he frowned and patted her hand. "I... i am sorry for having to drag you away from what you have built the moment I come back to you." He said as he ran a hand through his hair, he couldn't promise any answers but if there was anything to find then hopefully it would be there. There for the both of them to learn something to help to change the world.

Keely was just tilting her head in his general direction before she was giving a faint smile, then shook her head a bit. "No it doesn't bother me at all. Ground Zero... has been a place that I have wanted to go to for a while. I'm hoping that maybe going there will give answers to many questions." Her biggest wonder in general was exactly what had happened for people to just develop abilities out of nowhere. Not like either of her parents had any special abilities, but all of a sudden she was born with them as if by magic. There were some that were normal humans to begin with, but all of a sudden as they got older they were developing some supernatural ability.

Kavardra gave her a nod of the head before he added a, "Ahu." He squeezed her arm slightly for a moment as he looked over everything that was around them, almost as if he was worried that something would be coming back out of the shadows to do something to them, or perhaps take them away from each other again. He didn't want to appear as if he was scared to her, but deep down he was terrified that after all this it would lead back to the same results that had happened all those years ago. With a scratch of his cheek he clicked his fingers. "Well we can't just have you sent off without a little celebration I suppose, go tell them in there and i'll handle the rest." He rubbed his hands together as he began to move backwards, his coat rustling against his trousers as he rubbed his hands.

Keely just walked along beside him, merely taking in the sounds that were around her. There were a number of things that were running through her mind at that point in time, the biggest being what was going to happen in the future. Her attention was turning towards Kavardra however when he started speaking, about going in and telling the others. This had her just tilting her head a bit before she inquired "What exactly am I telling them?" That they were going to Ground Zero? That was probably going to result in a few of the others wanting to follow after them, to assist them in their journey. Ultimately she wasn't going to complain if some decided to do that, after all it was their own decision. The danger that they would face was something that they decided upon.

Kavardra felt a small bit of nerves build up in him, a thin tension that rested just beneath his skin as he looked over at her and let out a heavy breath. "Keely, these aren't my people I can't exactly start ordering people around. I just thought you might wish to inform them on where you are going. Otherwise it might seem as thought you are just vanishing into thin air, like the air itself." He gave her a slight nod. "But if you do not that is your choice, it is just you know these people far better than I do or ever shall I am sure."

Keely was just giving a faint giggle before she spoke, "They are just as much your people as they are mine. And just vanishing into the air would be something I would do." With that she was just readjusting her grip on his arm before she was strolling with him inside the building. Oh it seemed like there were a number of people that were around. Those that had been injured during that fight with the mutant were back on their feet. Although that was all thanks to some of the others that were able to heal. She was commenting to one of the telepaths to broadcast to those that weren't in that area before she was speaking out loud, "Within the next day or so, I shall be leaving with Kavardra. We will be traveling to Ground Zero to see what we can learn. Perhaps we may learn about how many came to have powers. Answers that many have been looking for. If there is anybody that wishes to travel with us, know that that is your decision. The journey is going to take a while, and it isn't going to be easy."

Kavardra gave her a small smile as she began to move away to talk to the others as he remained in the background as she began to make the announcement. He folded his arms over one anoter as he kept his gaze on a few of the people there wondering if any of them would indeed raise their hands. To his surprise a few of them did raise their hands up with a small nod of their head to get going. Already the red haired man was trying to think of a safer route to travel, two people is easy to move with but a group was certainly going to be different and harder to go without being noticed.

Keely was just watching for a moment in time before she was tilting her head ever so slightly. There were a few people that had opted to travel with them and assist. Not that it troubled her at all. It would make things more difficult but less difficult all at the same time. She was rather shocked that some of them had raised their hands to go with them. "Well I suppose we should all go back up stuff to move out." Keely was commenting with a slight smile on her lips.

Kavardra nodded his head as he looked at her. "I think that is a wonderful idea." He explained as he spread his arms out, the tassels of his coat splaying out as he addressed the people inside. "You heard the lady, everyone who wishes to, get packed up and ready to march. We leave before sun rise i want us and this town as far behind us as we humanly can make, and i don't want anyone unwanted sniffing us out." He said, addressing the mutant they had bumped in to earlier. That thought was still worrying him still, even if he didn't show it. As the groups dispersed he rubbed the back of his red haired head before turning back to Keely and giving her a bow, more for showmanship than anything else.

"That applies to you too my lady." Kavardra said as a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth and he looked up at her for a moment his green eyes flashing as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Here is to making this work out though, we'll find the source and understand everything more. I can feel it in my bones.. in my very core."

Keely was just giving a faint smile before she was listening to the orders that Kavardra was giving the others. She could feel everybody walking away, she could feel them all heading off towards their own rooms so that they could get their stuff packed up. Those that were remaining behind were stating that they would make sure that everybody was kept safe, and that the hideout was in one piece when they returned. Already there was a back up plan on where they were going to go should the place get discovered. But they probably wouldn't have to worry about it, not if the Mutants caught wind of the fact that there were a group heading towards Ground Zero.

"We will make everything work out." Keely spoke, trying to look at the glass half full at that point in time. Trying to stay somewhat positive, even if she was quite unsure about it.

Back
Top Bottom