Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blaz's Rage and Stress Journal.

Blazorna

At parity with pears...
Doing this for when I REALLY NEED to vent. If anyone reading this can give advice about what to do, PLEASE share.

Today, I officially hate the company that's managing my apartment complex.why? Because of their maintenance guys not showing up to take care of SERIOUS issues as of reporting them yesterday to them. I have a leak in the water pipes under the kitchen sink, not the drainage pipe. Leaks when I use it...

The other issue is that the security door's bar to lock the door has FALLEN OFF because of people yanking the door open without a key, so a theif has no issues getting in now. While I wasn't a victim, THERE WERE people who were robbed in the building in the past.

Even if undermanned, THIS IS FUCKING INSANE!!!

I don't like saying this openly, but I'm on housing, so I have already told the person who handles my case about this. Though is there anything else I can do? Like for example, withholding my rent in an escrow account until they ACTUALLY get this stuff done?

First off sorry to hear that you are going through this.

But this is what I suggest you do. Whatever your rent is, you have the right idea about keeping it in a separate account until the repairs are made. Right now your home is in a state of disrepair and your rent money does constitute a contract that is supposed to provide you some level of safety in your home. Take pictures, video and document all of the damage that is currently existing in your home.Call land lord and give them a chance to fix it. If he or she does not do it in a timely manner call your local city officials and bring this evidence to them, say that you do have the money to pay the rent but due to the disrepair it is unfair to you as a tenant to pay. If you want to create a paper trail send letters over snail mail to handle this.

I wish you the best.

You have to check the laws in your state/city, because some places allow you to withold rent when repairs aren't being performed, but some states do not. A good idea would be to get together with your neighbors and find out if any of them are having similar issues. The more instances you can find against the management company, the better. Plus, collective bargaining is always going to be stronger than individual negotiations.

You have to check the laws in your state/city, because some places allow you to withold rent when repairs aren't being performed, but some states do not. A good idea would be to get together with your neighbors and find out if any of them are having similar issues. The more instances you can find against the management company, the better. Plus, collective bargaining is always going to be stronger than individual negotiations.
Here is the tricky part about that. I'm near state lines, so I live in one state, while the company managing my place is in another. Not sure which state laws would be applied to them...

@Cylian997 thanks for that. Ive taken photos of the security door already. As I've mentioned in the previous post, I got that precarious situation of the company being in a different state than me, so I don't know if I can ask local officials to help me when the company is in a different state technically.

Here is the tricky part about that. I'm near state lines, so I live in one state, while the company managing my place is in another. Not sure which state laws would be applied to them...
Its the state you live in.

Update: the person from Housing checked out my place, and she said the leaky pipe isn't high priority, and the company might already be getting a replacement for the security door.

This however turned into an opportunity to move out. The person pointed out that she knew of a vacant unit elsewhere, and after doing a walk-through. HOLY SHIT I'M FINALLY ABLE TO MOVE! Two bedroom apartment, rent covers heating, water, and a garage, much safer neighborhood, maintenance is more prompt to respond, and while it's $645 a month for rent, more than my current shithole of an apartment, Housing can work with that, and my recently established credit score is high enough.

And to think today is a beautiful day.

Well... I don't know if I am cursed or just bad timing. That apartment I am to go into is still being renovated, and the new carpet is meant to be in the SAME WEEKEND I have to move in. Old place wants me out by noon on the 30th. SERIOUSLY?! I thought my timing was good!

Well, was able to move in to my new place with little issue. Yet I still am having rotten luck. Why this time? I got an unexpected raise at work. Here I am trying to figure out who I need to tell of my address change, and now I have to report this raise to housing and other places on top of this... CAN'T I JUST GET A FUCKING WEEK OF RELAXATION?!

Well, I've got a situation that I need advice over. I partly left my old apartment to get away from people smoking pot. Turns out the guy beneath me smokes the stuff as well... That and he leaves his pit bull (very friendly fella) for days on hand, without anyone to let the poor thing out to use the bathroom. The dog is very vocal with how lonely he gets. This guy's unemployed and has been doing this stuff for at least 8 months as my landlord told me. HOW ISN'T HE EVICTED YET?! Seriously, I live in a state that outlaws marijuana completely, and the smell of the stuff literally makes me vomit. He doesn't seem to regard how others think and care, so is there ANYTHING legal I can do besides telling the landlord about this stuff?

This got more serious... The guy actually came to my door and THREATENED that if I reported him again for smoking pot, he will report me for being noisy at night. I looked more into the legality of marijuana where I live, and medical use is allowed through prescription. However, the guy never told me that nor my landlord, so he's obviously doing it illegally. I'd be quiet if it's medical, but I don't want to risk getting fired if I smell like I'm smoking the stuff and the guy is doing it illegally... Landlord has contacted the office, so she told me to ignore him and avoid when possible. Is there anything I can do to get this guy out soon?! Feel like there's SOMETHING I can do besides calling the police. The building is part of a neighborhood watch if that is of any importance.

Oh my fucking god... Haven't been this stressed out in a long time. I normally don't like talking about where I live, but where I live had destructive protests last night with looting. And I live about four hours away from Minneapolis. You heard how bad it got there if in America. Luckily the damage did not escalate to buildings and vehicles catching fire, and seems to have settled down throughout the night.

But still... Fuck...

Peace has returned, but I learned about something that I am now fearing. The organizers of the march are planning to do A SECOND one this coming Friday. We narrowly avoided absolute anarchy last weekend, and with the riots nationwide, what are these guys thinking?! There's likely going to be people who will come to try hijack this peaceful protest to make it civil unrest. I support the intentions of the march, but seriously... This may be a horrible idea right now.

The organizers, now called OneFargo, are changing plans and cancelled the march in favor of a celebration of George Floyd's life in a park instead. However... There's been threats to disrupt this peaceful event that are deemed credible. Enough to Have BOTH The North Dakota and Minnesota National Guards on standby with police. Fargo is located extremely close to the state lines, and there's another town next to Fargo in Minnesota, close enough that any chaos can easily spill over to it.

Due to these developments, there's a real chance of being incapable of making it to work tomorrow... FUCK!

Had a package delivered yesterday but wasn't home until the following night. This was something I ordered on Amazon ( their boxes labeled like they are just screams steal me!) but it'd be seen as junk to those who are not familiar with what they are. If it's stolen, I'm going to be fucking pissed. I've screamed at the top of my lungs already, so it's out of my system...

I need to write this as I fear the worst. When I was working today, I was getting carts and came across a car parked in a handicapped spot. There were no indication of the car being allowed there. It was there illegally. There were two men in it. Hispanic, and looked like they were part of a gang. I'm not being racist here. The car got out of the spot and drove off. I never spoke to the guy. Here's where it becomes scary. The car loops around and drives slowly and the driver takes my picture with his phone! Thankfully, I got a picture of the back of the car and its licence plates as a precaution. As far as I know, nothing illegal happened, but this has driven my paranoia through the roof!

Anyone reading this, I am praying that I am just overreacting. but I am scared. Scared beyond words to describe it.

Back
Top Bottom