Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Role Play "Awards"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, like ADF said, it'd be tricky to be able to moderate and find every thread for each award. There are a lot of members, and there's even more threads.

Maybe Seraph could set up a group of people who'd be willing to go through and read? They'd have to be excellent with grammar, and all that stuff, though.

Yeah, I agree with that. Probably some of more experienced rp'ers like Harriet, myself and other people? People Seraph will be able to trust who won't cheat or something.

Sanguis Innocentium said:
Yeah, I agree with that. Probably some of more experienced rp'ers like Harriet, myself and other people? People Seraph will be able to trust who won't cheat or something.
...You joined a month ago.

Seraph Nicholas said:
LOL.

I'm assuming people who RP in PMs are just SOL unless they stick their ish in threads...?

Seraph Nicholas said:
No really? You think? I was just using myself as an example unless that isn't allowed anymore?

• I think he may have meant that because you joined a month ago,
        he's unable to determine whether or not you are an experienced
        roleplayer.

Just a shot in the dark, though, it's impossible to know what he's
        thinking sometimes. xD!

[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I know but still, just because I'm still a noobie to this site doesn't mean I'm not experienced >.< Don't take it the wrong way, Seraph. Truthfully, I wouldn't consider myself part of that "group of people" considering I'm technically still new to this site. Once again: Was just using myself as an example Didn't know I'd get chewed out about it though...D:

Like I said, I was using myself as an example >.< I wouldn't trust myself with that responsibility. Guess I'll just stop trying to throw out ideas if it means I'm going to get chewed out.

Like I said, I was using myself as an example >.< I wouldn't trust myself with that responsibility. Guess I'll just stop trying to throw out ideas if it means I'm going to get chewed out.
No, really? If you'd like to see what it means to get chewed out, I'd be happy to demonstrate.

Oh such a lovely offer but I'm afraid I'm going to have to deny your request of starting unneeded drama.
If the drama is unneeded, you'll do us all the favor of not playing the victim when nobody's victimizing you, yes?

I think this idea will only butthurt a lot of users.

Maybe they deserve to be knocked down a few pegs in the ego department, but I don't like the idea and I would like to refrain from participating.

It's one thing for me to want to sing to a bunch of users, knowing I can carry a tune and play instruments. It's another thing to have my escapist RPing analyzed (potentially) and voted upon.

And I agree that this sounds more like a popularity contest than anything. You could counter that issue with finding users that aren't well known and showcase their good works, as sort of a "Unrecognized Literary Accomplishment" or some such nonsense.

But enjoy it if you make it so. Just please respect my wishes and leave me out of it.

The number of threads a committee would have to read through could be reduced by restricting the nomination process. Determine the categories ahead of time and allow people to only nominate, say, 1 person/roleplay in 1 category. I know a lot of people would be upset by that (I probably would be if this was the sort of thing I was into), but at least it would force members to not be indiscriminant when making their selections and the quality of nominees would naturally improve. I know I'd think more critically if I could only nominate 1 person for the entire contest.

As for people who use PM's only, whoever nominates them would have to get their permission first, then post everything to a thread for review. I can't see anyway around that, since some who use PM's don't want their writing posted at all.

Well the threads would either have to be active, or finished role plays. As Dramamine stated, some most likely wont feel comfortable with it, which is completely fine. What the group could have, then, is the people who were interested in participating with either finished role plays or active threads could state so. It'd knock off a lot of possible trouble and butthurt feelings, and it'd be a little less work to have to do.

You could wander through the character profiles in Open Roleplay and judge them.

Judging characters is typically easier then judging rps.

-would so win the category for most original never seen rp, denizens of chat know what this mean-

I think the best way to do something like this, would probably be through the people themselves entering their work. We could set up categories and let people join of their own accord. Plus, we (the judges) would – or rather, should – be looking at them through a writing perspective rather than a popularity perspective. So, if someone enters their RP for “Best Character Development” or something, then we’d only be focusing on the character development rather than how the overall plot could have been shit ‘in our opinion’.

That way, it allows the writer/RPs to decide if and where they want to participate rather than get a flame fest or popularity contest. Just mainly focus on the constructive criticism aspect rather than ‘who wrote what’ and we should be avoiding unnecessary butthurt. Lubricant for the fucks, I’d say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom