Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guitarman's Mind

Messi was unveiled by PSG and man, seeing him in that PSG jersey felt weird. And I'm not even a Barca/La Liga fan. It's such a monumental shift in the global landscape of soccer.

The new EFL team that I support (Oldham Athletic in League 2) has started off with a loss in the league and a win in the cup. They've had some issues with Covid, I'm sure things will straighten out as players return. Bundesliga begins this weekend, I'll be watching and try to connect with a team over there too. My NY Red Bull are a complete and utter garbage fire right now. Really. They suck.

Soccer is coming back, basketball is getting nearer every day. There is a good couple months of baseball left. MMA on almost every weekend. It's a great time to be a sports fan.

Another chapter in Guitarman's soccer supporting saga (that I'm sure no one cares about):

Oldham sucks. A lot. And they're broke. I've stopped paying attention to the games and will be keeping track of Sutton United (also in League 2) for the next couple weeks to see how they do.

Still want to watch more Bundesliga.

NY Red Bull is terrible but I will support them as always.

Been in a funk ever since that damn hurricane hit. The room I'm renting is a mess, leaks in the ceiling. Landlord's seemingly moving as slow as humanly possible to fix it. I can't stay with the parents, I need to be close to campus. But this room might not even be habitable anymore. I'm just super stressed. Classwork starting up, the housing situation, just depression in general. I'm trying to cling onto some positives but it's difficult. I just want to lie down in a dark room and listen to My Dying Bride.

I'll be okay. I just need time for this shit to chill out, let me get settled into a groove again.

Watching Breaking Bad has helped get me out of my funk. Dropped one RP, added another so I'm still at a solid two. My new passion (F1 racing) has been a great distraction, as has been the guitar. Writing some riffs in a very raw war/black metal style, mixed with some slower death metal in the vein of Obituary.

But yeah, I'm doing well. I'd like to add another RP or two but we'll see how things go.

Been nearly a month since I last posted here. It's weird, I'll forget about it for a while then randomly remember I have this...

Not much to report on really. Just doing a lot of classwork and music, both playing and listening. Been pretty good, despite some issues with my landlord and housing situation but I'd rather focus on the positives... The day to day's been a little boring, but in a good way.

This may have been the best week in 2021 for new music releases. The full lengths from Worm, Necrofier, and Blackwater Holylight have all been solid. Great singles from 200 Stab Wounds, Pyrexia, Cryptic Hatred, Relics of Humanity, and Noctu as well.

I am already done with all of these people blasting Christmas music. It's November 2nd... How am I going to make it through the holiday season?

Well, the MLS season is over for my NY Red Bull, lost in the first round of the playoffs. We overcame a lot of adversity in the regular season just to make it here. Lost on a heartbreaker deep into extra time but I'm not even mad. Thanks for another great season, NYRB. So proud of this young team.

I redact my previous statement. Woke up kind of agitated. Amongst other things, I just wasn't too happy about what I had going on on BM. I decided to get rid of most of my RPs, hit the reset button... I just need something new, something fresh.

I wish I thought about that post above before I said it but hey, I was feeling it at the moment. I pondered on it all throughout the day. I don't need to get off of BM. I just need to change things up a little bit.

Anyone interested in seeing my top ten records of the year? Thinking about putting a little something up within the next few weeks.

Sammy Duet and Mike Sanchez (guitarists of Acid Bath) are writing music together. I am going to die of pure excitement.

RIP Top Dog, you were a real one. We'll miss you buddy. All my love to Tom and Christina.

Thanks for everything, Big Ben. You're the only starting QB of the Steelers I've ever really known. It'll be weird without you.

I finally, fully understand and am beginning to like Paradise Lost (the band) more. I've vibed with a handful of songs from them in the past, but now everything from Lost Paradise through Draconian Times is really speaking to me.

My favorite athlete of all time, Bradley Wright-Phillips retired yesterday afternoon. I can't describe how amazing it was watching him play with NYRB. Scoring was always natural to him, like it was nothing. Great teammate, great leader. I am so thankful to have seen him play live, in person, countless times as well. The Supporter's Shields, the playoff runs, I loved every second of it. I only wish I kept my old #99 jersey!

I am even more excited to learn that he'll be joining the NYRB front office soon, I'm so glad to have him back. BWP has my lifelong admiration. We've already retired his number, now let's get him that statue outside of Red Bull Arena.

The start to the new season is fantastic. The team has really gelled, Lewis Morgan in particular is fantastic. Can't wait to get Luquinhas and Ashley Fletcher over here too.

That race was nuts this morning! Ferrari in 1 and 2? Both RBs and Gasly DNFing? Haas grabbing P5 and Mick finishing 11? This season's going to be insane.

I wanna go down to Washington and fight the Nats myself. Throwing at heads is nothing but unprofessional and extremely dangerous. I don't wanna hear any excuses for the ball being slippery, you have the fucking rosin bag right there. Four times in two games, Pete and Lindor actually got hit. Have some class.

This is the best time of the year for sports. MLB and MLS are deep into their seasons. Solid MMA cards all the time. No football, basketball and hockey soon to end. F1 a couple times a month. Transfer window soon to open in the soccer world.

I support QPR over in the Championship now but am still trying to figure out a team in the Bundesliga/La Liga that I can watch and support. And will always support NYRB.

Back
Top Bottom