Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guitarman's Mind

So yeah, pretty bored. No luck in any RPs... I think I might be off for a while again. Just depressing.

I was at the Mets game tonight. We lost. Very rainy, I was soaked. Still fun though.

I'm feeling very lonely today, on and off of BMR. Think I'm down to 0 RPs now, due to ghosting and my RTs not pulling anything in.

Am I not good enough? Am I not friendly? I don't know. But it just sucks.

Am I not good enough? Am I not friendly? I don't know. But it just sucks.
Sometimes, we never know the true answer as to why people choose to ghost others, and with summer drawing to a close, people are likely going back to school or work. But even so, we must keep moving forward.

No music because I'm too lazy to link shit in. But how great has death metal been in 2019? New Abnormality, Tomb Mold, Mylingar, Fetid, Cerebral Rot, Witch Vomit, plenty more. Coffins up to come. Gotta love music.

Three days in a row with random cold calls, completely unrelated to anything on my threads.

Let's see what tomorrow brings?

TLDR: Guitarman is stepping back from roleplaying for a while.

Twenty eight months. That's about as long as I've been a member of Blue Moon. Twenty eight months ago I'd just given up on my dream of being a musician and was about to begin going to college. A lot can change in twenty eight months. I've lost people I cared about. I've experienced a pandemic. I, a fucking idiot, managed to get an associate's degree at community college and transferred to a real school.

Life has never been easy for me and I don't wish it was. I wouldn't be the person I am today without facing all of the hardships I have. I like to think that I'm a strong person. I've had this mentality my entire life that I have to be strong. I care for two parents with medical issues. I have a chronic medical issue of my own that can be damn near debilitating for days at a time. For years I've been focused on helping family members and it's draining me. For the first time in my life, I've finally realized that it's okay to be tired. Want a break. That my own sanity is important.

Blue Moon is a wonderful place but it has also caused some of the stress that I'm dealing with. Finding partners has always been hard for me. When I do find them some people are just really hard to deal with. I've been writing a lot of things that I don't enjoy just to make someone else happy. A lot of people ghost. I wish that it didn't bother me but it really does. I joined this site to relax and have some fun and lately it's just felt like the opposite. Like I have this obligation to bang out posts for one of my partners. My creativity is drained. I can't even pick up a guitar right now and make music and that's really been messing with my head.

I have to step back from roleplaying for a while. It could be weeks, months, I don't know. But this combination of everything going on in my life and going on here at BMR needs to change. It likely won't be a permanent break but I need to focus on me for a while.

I won't be completely disappearing. I'll pop into the gen. chat every once in a while, send a PM to a partner or two that I'm closer with.

Twenty eight months is a long time. I hope to be here in another twenty eight. But it's time to give myself a break.

I'm pretty bummed about this European Super League thing. They're breaking soccer as we know it. It's not going to work and it only benefits the richest of the rich. I personally have decided to stop supporting Arsenal, which hurts. I gave them ten plus years of unconditional love and support only to have them turn their backs on their supporters, their very foundation. I can not, and will never support a team that does that.

Big props to Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig, and just the Bundesliga/German football organization for banding together against the ESL. If the Bundesliga stays afloat I will somehow choose a team and become a supporter for the next season. Also, massive respect for PSG and the French association if they stay out of this mess too, I hope they do.

In terms of RPing I am coming back slowly. I want to take on one or two more chill RPs and see what happens. Reply once a day or two, see what decides to come crawling out of my brain.

Did a big cleaning today, found a bunch of old Nintendo DS games from my childhood. Various Pokemon and Need for Speed games. Star Wars: Force Unleashed. Diddy Kong Racing. Some really great memories. I tossed them all in a sandwich bag and will be bringing them down to my sister and her friends, they all have DSes still. Hopefully some of these games will get enjoyed once again.

I am... Less bummed on this soccer thing. I am no longer an Arsenal supporter. I am going to give QPR in the Championship a chance and if things go well, I'll support them. I want to find a Bundesliga team still. Still have my enduring love for NY Red Bull, even been watching the Red Bull II games this season.

I'll be getting a new guitar soon, a seven string. Things are looking up.

Finals done. Now like... Six days before summer courses start. Gotta love the never ending torture that is college.

For the first time in what has to be months, today I created some outlines for a couple of plots. I'm super proud of myself, creativity in the literary sense doesn't come for me very easily. Put them up on the ol' RT, hoping they pull something in.

Got that new guitar yesterday too. Life is good.

No one asked for this but here we are. My personal big four of slam/brutal death metal is (in no particular order):

Devourment
Defeated Sanity
Putridity
Brodequin

I like posting to this thing late at night for some reason... I think it's because I spend the nights largely alone, reflecting, listening to music. Lets me absorb the events of the day. Does anyone even read this, other than me?

I just wanna vent about RPing for a moment.

Negatives: Been trying my ass off to get some new RPs in. One attempt died in the plotting stage. Someone else just completely vanished during plotting. I've written a starter that wasn't replied to. I had another RP die off about 20 posts in. My current longest running RP (began in November) hasn't been responded to for a while, but I know they need to take breaks from time to time. Someone I've been writing with since I joined this site decided to ghost me. Minimal interest in my RT, rarely get interest in it or PMs with requests. It bums me out. This has all happened within the last ten days or so, the ghosting and RPs dying stuff. The lack of interest in my RT has been going on for months, probably more than a year. I consider myself to be lucky in I get two PMs over my RT in a month.

Positives: On the other hand, I do have one solid partner who gets back to me daily. I have been able to come up with a couple loose outlines for some plots that seem fun to me and I put them in my RT, just waiting for someone to come along and collaborate with me on them. I have another loose idea involving the ancient world that I'm trying to build up. I have a renewed interest in historical settings, especially ancient Egypt and Rome. I can bump my RT daily and hopefully some cool people come talk to me soon.

It's just a weird period. I'm feeling creative, have a ton of time to write and want to write. Just not having any luck pulling people in. And I'm not getting great chemistry with the people I've been approaching. Deciding to end an RP mutually or to cut off plotting is cool, not everyone vibes together. Ghosting in plotting is... Whatever. Never responding to an opener is kind of crappy, especially when you see that person lurking around. But it happens.

Getting ghosted by someone after two and a half years writing together... Honestly it sucks. Again, I still see them around site. I have no problem if you don't wanna write with me. I'll tell you good luck and thanks for the memories, send everyone off feeling good. I know that people who ghost have their own reasons for it (anxiety, fear of confrontation, etc.) and really feel for them but... I thought we were past that stage after writing together for so long. I don't expect or deserve anything but it just would've been nice to get some sort of message.

Vent over. I need to rest. All we can do is keep pushing (or in this case, bumping). Good things happen to those who wait and I've been waiting for a long time. Not giving up.

Breaking news:

With the announcement of Outer Worlds 2 and Starfield being Xbox exclusive, Guitarman has decided to officially switch to the Xbox instead of Playstation. (This is mainly a joke, this isn't too serious. Lol.)

I can grab all of the other games I want on either console so... Xbox makes sense.

Damn. Cameron Boggs has stepped down from Sanguisugabogg only a few months after releasing their killer first record. Not sure why but I'm a little bummed. Wish them the best in whatever they do next.

The boys still sound good though! Ced is a natural fit for them on guitar.

I decide to finally make an F-list after two and a half years. Fill it all out (literally, hit an option for every single kink), add custom kinks and bam, doesn't save. Timed me out. Had to do it all AGAIN. At least it's done. XD

Back
Top Bottom