Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Information Upgrade Pangs

I too will back Goodman on this. It IS too many clicks, especially when you’re doing it from a mobile phone.

I absolutely love the way it’s set up now where it takes me to the end message, whether I have already read that message or not? Why would you want to be put at the very first message that you’ve read how many times since the conversation started?

I too will back Goodman on this. It IS too many clicks, especially when you’re doing it from a mobile phone.

I absolutely love the way it’s set up now where it takes me to the end message, whether I have already read that message or not? Why would you want to be put at the very first message that you’ve read how many times since the conversation started?
Again, how is it “too many clicks”? There is a button shaped like a fast forward symbol that takes you directly to the end of the thread, you can click on Page X of Y to manually insert which page you want to go to, and you could have click the date of the last message received when in the inbox/whatever folder you have it set in (now it and the title do this)

And I like to go back and read old RPs to get some inspiration for current ones. I’d rather get to the start of it with one click than two. It just annoys me.

Again, how is it “too many clicks”? There is a button shaped like a fast forward symbol that takes you directly to the end of the thread, you can click on Page X of Y to manually insert which page you want to go to, and you could have click the date of the last message received when in the inbox/whatever folder you have it set in (now it and the title do this)

And I like to go back and read old RPs to get some inspiration for current ones. I’d rather get to the start of it with one click than two. It just annoys me.
OKay, but you are complaining about two clicks, and telling us we shouldn't mind 3 or 4. that's a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

I will find a solution, cease your bickering. >: (

This is the world's dumbest argument. Most people click on things in order to respond. Hence it's going to go to the most recent. Most people, under most circumstances, don't go all the way back to the beginning. Hence, going back to the beginning should NOT be the default.

I appreciate that you prefer a certain thing and if Vek has the time and willpower I'm sure a "going back to first message" would be a great option, but at the end of the day your preference is in the minority by quite a bit and it seems silly to design a website based on the whims of one person.

Edit - Sorry Vek, posted before I saw <3

Not bickering here Vek, just answering their question to me, so they understand. Please don’t send the Hell Hounds after me. I’d have to train them and I already have quite the menagerie! :p

I don’t know how it is for you, as I’m assuming you post via a computer, at least most of the time. I, on the other hand, do not. I post from a mobile device at all times.

As for how it is too many clicks, this is how it went before the upgrade.

If I haven’t already read the message I get an alert for, it would take me directly to the newest message.

However, if the newest message had already been read and I clicked out of the conversation. I would have to click back into it. Click the down arrow to take it all the way to the bottom of the page. Click the “fast forward” button which would take me to the last page of the conversation....still top of the page, which then I would have to click the down arrow once again to be taken to the bottom of the page and finally the last message, that I’m trying to get to to respond to.

That was the easy way, mind you, if I used the numbered pages, I’d have to click the numbers, type in what page I was looking for, click “Go” and still be taken again to the top of that page and have to search for whatever post I might have been looking for.....followed by then still trying to get to the last page, the last message to reply to it.

Until this upgrade, on mobile, there was no “last read” date on it....that I recall ever seeing, I’m blind and this is a mobile device, so I very well could have missed it. Regardless, from the way I gather it, would have had to click down to the bottom of the page, to click that, if I’m reading correctly.

Compared to you having to click to get into it. Since now it takes you directly to the last post, all you have to do is click the “rewind” button and it’ll take you directly to the first page, first post.

So yes, it was too many clicks on a mobile device. The way it’s set up now, is wonderous. And something that had been brought up previously to him by several people.

Not bickering here Vek, just answering their question to me, so they understand. Please don’t send the Hell Hounds after me. I’d have to train them and I already have quite the menagerie!

I don’t know how it is for you, as I’m assuming you post via a computer, at least most of the time. I, on the other hand, do not. I post from a mobile device at all times.

As for how it is too many clicks, this is how it went before the upgrade.

If I haven’t already read the message I get an alert for, it would take me directly to the newest message.

However, if the newest message had already been read and I clicked out of the conversation. I would have to click back into it. Click the down arrow to take it all the way to the bottom of the page. Click the “fast forward” button which would take me to the last page of the conversation....still top of the page, which then I would have to click the down arrow once again to be taken to the bottom of the page and finally the last message, that I’m trying to get to to respond to.

That was the easy way, mind you, if I used the numbered pages, I’d have to click the numbers, type in what page I was looking for, click “Go” and still be taken again to the top of that page and have to search for whatever post I might have been looking for.....followed by then still trying to get to the last page, the last message to reply to it.

Until this upgrade, on mobile, there was no “last read” date on it....that I recall ever seeing, I’m blind and this is a mobile device, so I very well could have missed it. Regardless, from the way I gather it, would have had to click down to the bottom of the page, to click that, if I’m reading correctly.

Compared to you having to click to get into it. Since now it takes you directly to the last post, all you have to do is click the “rewind” button and it’ll take you directly to the first page, first post.

So yes, it was too many clicks on a mobile device. The way it’s set up now, is wonderous. And something that had been brought up previously to him by several people.
I also most post on mobile, and there was a last message sent date, not a last read date. That is what I am referring too. Let’s put this to rest. Sorry, Vek.

Loving the new update so far! Very nice new design and it just...feels better.

My experience so far has only been on mobile as I haven't had a chance to get to get to my laptop, but when I log out, it closes the tab on Chrome and kicks me back onto my home screen. I much preferred the old method of logging out and then closing my tab myself or navigating to a different site, closing the entire tab automatically when you log out is a bit jarring in my experience.

I understand if you've designed it this way though, and I'll just out up with it if it's going to stay!

I sincerely love the changes, the spacing on certain things makes it seem a lot less cluttered especially on mobile.

Also +1 for keeping PM links sending to the most recent message, I was soooo happy to see that change.

Has anyone brought up this issue?

I'm unable to selectively change test when editing a previous post. Highlighting a particular word to change the text color makes the rest of the post the same color. I have the same issue when adding in a link to a picture -- it adds in links to other text in the post and also duplicates the link in other areas.

Last edited:
It's a known Froala bug unfortunately. Hopefully the XF team rolls in the fix for their August release, but I don't have a good path to fixing this myself. : /

It depends. Sometimes Chrome has some serious bugs (like the logout on clear-site-data causing people to outright crash). Firefox is usually better, but obviously it's not perfect and not as thoroughly tested.

Just for you, Vek!​

tenor.gif

It depends. Sometimes Chrome has some serious bugs (like the logout on clear-site-data causing people to outright crash). Firefox is usually better, but obviously it's not perfect and not as thoroughly tested.

I prefer Firefox and never had any issues with editing posts while using Firefox until the recent upgrade.

I think the forum upgrade broke the merging of posts that's suppose to happen in the request forums.

Hey Veks,

I know you've got a heap of other things on your plate, but just curious for any news on this?

Thanks for all the work you do to keep the site up and running, Veks.

One question. I've noticed the thread views display as xxK and only count up by the thousands once they've reached four digits, which makes it difficult to determine if RT's and the like are getting views or not once they've hit that first 1k. Any chance of resetting this back to how it was, displaying exact number of views?

cheers

Quix

Back
Top Bottom