Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Information Upgrade Pangs

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Well that took significantly longer than I expected.

• Some stuff is probably broken. Feel free to point out what in the Questions forum
  • A few things require an index rebuild though, so give it a few hours if it's something minor, please.
  • Broken bbcodes, I will fix after I get some sleep. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Some other things require I do a php upgrade. This requires that I upgrade Elliquiy first, however.
  • Not everything I planned to enable is enabled, in the interest of getting things on-line sooner. Stuff will get added over the course of the week.
  • An optimization I made for the chat wasn't included by the author, so I need to write it again. I may need to disable the chat temporarily for this - we'll see.
All of the conversation stuff I mentioned is now live, in any case.

• Tracking is now enabled, and you've had a good chunk of a year to turn on privacy either in your profile or per-thread.
  • Edit histories are enabled, and members by default can edit messages for 30 minutes, while supporters can edit indefinitely.
  • You can now view a list of your left and ignored conversations by selecting the appropriate folder on the left and hitting the 'Filter' button. This way, you can rejoin or unignore a conversation, as desired.
  • To do this, you need to select the conversation in question, then in the actions on the bottom, choose to move it to a folder.
In the mean time, enjoy. : )

Thank you everyone who supports us on Patreon.

Last edited:
One question: Will the PMs always send you to the most recent message? I thought that clicking the date of the most recent message was enough.

Clicking the date will send you to the last message that your partner read, if I'm understanding your question correctly.

Yes, that’s how it was, but now, clicking the name of the PM thread and the date both send you to the most recent message.

I’m not sure how it’s set up via a computer but I know that via mobile, I couldn’t click just any date and have it take me there. If I was opening a conversation for the second time, it would always put me at the beginning of the conversation and I had to go through several clicks just to get to the last message. It was a bit of a chore.

So I am all for this feature, for sure! I can click on an already read PM and it takes me right to where I’d like to be.

Is there a way to take off the word count box though there in the corner again? Individually that is? I know some people might like and appreciate that but when you’re on a cellphone or tablet it’s a minor annoyance.

So regarding viewing left messages... I can certainly see the list but there are no messages within them. Is there something further we need to do to 'rejoin' a left conversation to be able to read them?

An issue that I've noticed in the stuff I've been working on so far this morning; hyperlinks in text are no longer "visible". They are still there, and still function if you hover your cursor over the right text and click, but the actual link-text is now the same color as all other text with nothing setting it apart, so it's impossible to tell what within a text is a link or not unless you already know exactly where it is.

(on a suuuper teeny minor insignificant note, I personally am not liking all avatars being turned into circles when we used to have squares, many avatars now have their corners cut off.^^; But honestly not a big deal at all even if it stays the way it is now.)

An issue that I've noticed in the stuff I've been working on so far this morning; hyperlinks in text are no longer "visible". They are still there, and still function if you hover your cursor over the right text and click, but the actual link-text is now the same color as all other text with nothing setting it apart, so it's impossible to tell what within a text is a link or not unless you already know exactly where it is.

(on a suuuper teeny minor insignificant note, I personally am not liking all avatars being turned into circles when we used to have squares, many avatars now have their corners cut off.^^; But honestly not a big deal at all even if it stays the way it is now.)

I was going to mention the hyperlinks myself at one point too but I was t sure if it was a problem that would eventually right itself or not, also, being on mobile, I wasn’t sure if that would affect how I see things as well. Good to know I’m not the only one that noticed this and that it’s not a mobile issue. Lol

Also....yes.....I agree, I’m not fond of the circled avatars.

Not sure where to post bugs, but since it popped up with this update I'll post it here unless told otherwise.

I have found that logging out makes my mobile browser crash. I use Chrome on a Galaxy S9 if that helps.

I'm not able to read any of my left or ignored conversations...

Apologies, I'll edit the first post.

To unignore or unleave a conversation, you need to select it in the index, then select 'move folder' in the dropdown. Move it to your inbox.

Fixed avatars, fixed links. Weird how you just 'miss' stuff in testing >_>

What does the tracking entail?

If you allow tracking, your partner(s) will be able to view when you last read a conversation.

Yeah the circle avatars were weird, I'm glad that wasn't an intentional design choice. XD

Would you believe me if I told you I felt something was wrong, just couldn't put my finger on what? >_>

Thanks for all the work you do to keep the site up and running, Veks.

One question. I've noticed the thread views display as xxK and only count up by the thousands once they've reached four digits, which makes it difficult to determine if RT's and the like are getting views or not once they've hit that first 1k. Any chance of resetting this back to how it was, displaying exact number of views?

cheers

Quix

Will you change clicking the title of the PM thread to going back to the beginning of said thread? Right now it takes you to the most recent one, even when it has already been read.

I put in a vote to please don't. I like going to the last post of my private message rps. It took too many clicks before.
Then click the date of the most recent message at the far right (desktop) of the row with the message. It’s directly under the name if you’re on mobile. It will take you directly to it. It did it before this update. And there is a button to go to the end of the thread once you are already in it, so it shouldn’t take “too many clicks”. I can do the opposite to go back to the start, but it’s just annoying.

And if you have already replied to it, it does the same thing. I’m not saying don’t bring you to the message you haven’t responded to. I’m saying if you have already read the last message you received, then you should start at the beginning of the thread when you click on the thread again.

I love the new update with being brought to the most recent message when clicking on a thread or a PM.

It was difficult to get to the reply box or most recent message before hand, especially since I do most of my chit chat on my phone and needing to scroll and click through made it annoying to try and communicate with my partners when I was away from my computer.

It is so much easier now.

Thank you for all your hard work, Vek!

And I agree with @Showmeyouloveme the emojis are so much fun!

I like being taken to either first message or last message of conversation when I click on it. It's when I'm taken to neither first or last that complicates conversation to me.

I'll see about working in a first message link somehow.

Something's buggy with the smiley thing obviously, I'll look into it. : /

Okay, so...here's a question. How does the read-tracking, like, actually work? Where is the indication supposed to be that someone has read the latest thing you've added to a private conversation? I've sent off a number of PM replies today and I can't seem to identify any indicator whatsoever of whether or not it has been read, even though I'm quite certain that there is no way that each and every one of my partners in PMs I've replied to today have all disabled tracking before this upgrade...

If it says 'Unread' they haven't read the conversation since the upgrade.
If it says 'Unknown' they have blocked tracking either for you or that thread.
If it gives you a date, it's a link to the last message in the conversation they could have read.

I'm...still not seeing--oh, OH! Oh THERE it is. Wow, I wasn't seeing that new addition underneath the names in the participant list at all. Totally missed that until Goodman pointed it out, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom