Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Mutants on the Block (Selo and Anji-Nii-Chan)

Mizu thoughtfully turned to stare upon the two fifteen or so feet away that Ion had mentioned. One she recognized as the fire manipulator from the day day before; if he challenged them, or even just Selo, she knew she would be able to come into play. Her water manipulation could do serious retiribution against a fire user. Her eyes traveled back to her group; Ion, Anje, and Selo. "If the fire user comes demanding a rematch because of yesterday, I can help teach the whelp a lesson," she said, angry that a good number of the students at this school seemed to be obsessed with just fighting each other.

Anje raised her eyes, then nodded gently. "Mizu's abilities would be good for a fight involving a fire manipulator. However," she paused a moment before continuing, "unless he comes over here and actively starts trouble, I cannot condone unnecessary violence on school grounds." She tapped her fingers together idly as her eyes slid to watch the two students conversing about Selo. They narrowed thoughtfully, before sliding back to Selo where they rested as she thought.

Selo smirked at his friends already backing him up. "No...if he wants to fight me I'm sure I can hold my own." Selo said, still smirking. Something deep inside of him was starting to 'surface' now. His facial expression had changed from one of apathy to sadistic glee now. He started to walk forward and held a hand out behind him, "Stay here, I'll be back." He said, moving up to the group of students talking about him.

"I couldn't help but hear you guys speaking about me?" He said, his head hung with his hair covering his eyes. "May I ask why you want to speak about me with out me in the conversation?" Selo asked, tilting his head to the side, still smirking. "Why would I tell you, cat boy?" The fire-user said with a smirk on his face. "Oh, I don't like that tone." Selo stated, "And should I correct you on animals, I have fox ears. You know, the Vulpes vulpes." Selo said. "Like I need you to teach me about anything!" one of the other boys said, stomping on the ground.

The earth then shook underneath his foot, sending the quake at him. Selo leaped into the air and landed down on the boy's shoulders, light as a feather. "You guys wana play then? Alright, lets play." Selo said, his tone of voice completely different now. He leaped back into the air and was spiraling down and thrust his fists to the chest of the fire-user. He then sank down into one of the boy's shadows as electricity flew through the air. The boy with the quake power then lifted a large piece of the ground into the air and suddenly dropped it on him self, Selo steping out of his shadow. Selo then looked to the electric boy and had an evil grin on his face, cracking his knuckles and walked up to him.

Blackness started to creep around Selo, covering his body and building a shadow-like armor. His figure started to turn from a boy with fox ears and fox eyes to that of a shade. The boy started to freak, walking back and falling on his ass. He then started to try and push himself away, Selo walking closer and closer, tendrils growing from his body now.​

Anje watched the fight with growing apprehension. Something was nagging at the back of her mind about Selo and his abilities. She had heard of shadow manipulators and their abilities, but there was something she was forgetting...what was it? Her pale, almost lifeless like, eyes narrowed as he began to, well, change. Suddenly, it snapped into place like plug into an outlet. He was losing control! That's what she had forgotten - shadows had a tendency to make a user go out of control, almost like a berserker. All pure power, but no cognitive control over that power.

"Wait here!" she snapped quickly to Ion and Mizu, standing now. "I mean it. I need to stop him, so I'll need you to stay here no matter what happens. Do you understand?" She turned narrow eyes upon the two and Mizu was quick to nod. Assuming Ion would listen as well, Anje turned and began to strode towards Selo as he advanced upon the once cocky but now frightened student of the academy. Deadly determination in her steps.

The doll like woman stepped in front of the student, facing the Shade version of her new friend. "Go, get away now, I'll handle this," she said to the student, though she did not take her eyes from Selo as he advanced. "Go to the two sitting by the fountian and I advise that you do not cause any more trouble..." she did not put any manipulation into her words but the student listened anyways and scrambled back towards Mizu and Ion. Anje's eyes turned back to Selo.

Anje focused the power in her to her voice like she had the day before. "Selo. Stop moving." A simple two word order, her voice ringing with the strong manipulative power. She wasn't sure how her power would affect his berserker form, so she was going to start simple before she had to resort to her stronger puppet master powers.

Selo started to shake his head as the commanding voice rang in his mind. He then snapped to, the yellow eyes staring dead into the manipulator's own.

"AH, A PUPPET MASTER MUTANT. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THERE WERE SOME OF YOU STILL AROUND. DID YOU SERIOUSLY THINK YOUR COMMANDING VOICE WOULD AFFECT ME?" Shade Selo said.

His voice sounded hollow and echoing within his own vocal cords. The next moment, the shade sunk into the ground and came up behind Anje, the tendrils aimed to stab her and instantly shot at her with a furious speed.​

Anje closed her eyes and let out a breath, her body quickly dropping and rolling to the side as the tendrils came to stab her from behind. She snapped around and her eyes opened, angry and glowing now. "You must stop this at once!" she snapped, the impulse in her voice becoming a great deal stronger. "I am not your enemy, Selo! You know that!" She added, crouching down, expecting that the shade was going to come at her again.

"What do you have to gain from attacking me?" she inquired - even though he wasn't likely to answer her. She didn't want to be forced to use her powers against him, he was her friend now after all and she could hardly believe he was attacking her like a foe. Anje wasn't a weakling. She wasn't about to go down without a fight, friend or not, though she wanted to avoid unneccessary violence. She wouldn't fight back unless she had to.

Selo looked at her and simply hung limp now, his arms at his sides and his head looking at the ground. The Shade still had control of him, but Selo was fighting to gain control once more. "EVERYTHING!" The Shade said, putting his hands in front of him, thousands of tendrils leaped forward, but suddenly stopped inches away from Anje.

"An-Anje?" Selo said, staggering back now, the shade dissipating now. He fell to the ground, the shadows leaking off his body, revealing the true Selo. He was out cold not, laying on his back in the shadow of a large tree, the tendrils melting in the sunlight.

Ion looked at the two 'friends' and started to question if he could trust Selo still. He wouldn't be sure if Selo would suddenly go berserk and attack him unaware, and with this thought, Ion put Selo on the danger list in his mind. "Is he out?" Ion called over to Anje, holding the frightened male in a wind orb, not hurting him.​

Anje braced herself for the attack but was surprised when Selo came to and the Shade retreated for now. He shakily said her name and she straightened as he proceeded to pass out onto the ground. She moved closer and knelt upon the ground beside Selo, gently touching a hand to his chest. "Yeah, he's out," she called back, her voice normal again. The Shade's words concerned her. He had said he had everything to gain by fighting with her. What exactly did that mean?

"I'm going to take him to his room. You and Mizu take care of the others," she said, using her puppet 'strings' to lift Selo off of the ground. She remembered that the sunlight weakened him, so she wanted to get him out of the light and back into the shadows. 'Carrying' him into the building, she used her manipulation to get his room number from administration.

Before long they were at his room. She opened the door and walked in, setting the young shadow user onto his bed. She then sat on the floor next to the bed to wait for him to awake, her hands playing now with the doll that had been sitting on her shoulder, pale eyes staring at it blankly.

After a little while, Selo started to wake, slowly opening his eyes. When he finally 'woke' up, he bolted into a sitting position, "Anje!" He called out, breathing heavily and then fell back to a laying position. He turned his head and saw her sitting on the floor. He let out a sigh of relief. He thought he had a bad nightmare of him fighting Anje, using his shadow manipulation, but in truth his 'dream' was the Shade controlling him, and was actually a real fight.

"I thought I was about to kill you...It was all in a dream." He said, still thinking it was. "We were fighting each other...just after I kicked some teen's butt. I thought I was about to kill you." He said, repeating his first statement. "Was it a dream?" He asked, still unsure if it was or not. "What happened? Last thing I remember was heading to that group of kids talking about me...then it went black." He said, trying to recall his actual memories.​

Anje listened to Selo as he talked about their confrontation as if it were no more than a dream. Once he had managed to calm down, Anje stood and moved to sit upon the side of the bed so that she could look at him without having to turn her head at any odd angle. Slowly, she shook her head. "It wasn't a dream." Those pale eyes watched him closely. "When you fought the others...I assume you lost control. I heard it happens sometimes with shadow mutants. Sort of like a...berserk form, called a shade." She did her best to explain it, though it too had been a very new experience to her.

"I stepped in to keep you from seriously injuring those punks and..." she sighed softly, her hand pushing pale hair back from her face. "...I guess 'you' didn't appreciate my interferance. You did try to attack me. Said...'you' have everything to gain by attacking me. When 'you' went to attack me seriously, the real you came to. You passed out and I brought you here." She explained. "You've been out for a little awhile. I was starting to worry."​

Selo sat up as she got on his bed to listen. As she explained, he hung his head, looking at the sheets under him. He knew what she was talking about. He had this happen to him once before. It always happens when he is about to fight. He shook his head and looked up at her. "I'm sorry Anje...It happened once before. I thought I had controlled it after that. But I guess not. That Shade, he calls him self Oles. I sometimes hear his voice in my head, but I can push him down most of the time. He thinks, by killing other mutants, he can become stronger." Selo said, still looking at his bed. "That's why I don't like violence. It calls to....'him'." He informed.

"When ever I go into that Shade form again, use your strongest Manipulations. Please, do it for me." He requested, finally looking up at her, his eyes completely serious. "Do what ever you can to knock me out of it, before I can hurt anyone." He added on, putting his hands on her knees.​

"Don't worry, that is my intention." She reassured him as he set his hands on her bare knees. "Though, I have to tell you, he seems to have a good deal resistance to my manipulations. He mocked me for even trying that type of ability against him." She didn't like this, not at all. A shade thinking he could absorb the powers of mutants by killing them off...it wasn't good. Not at all. "He seemed familiar with me...or my type of mutant." She laid a pale hand atop one that rested on her knee. "Has he come across a Puppet Master before that you are aware of?" she questioned him, eyes watching him. It could very well be that she was in danger around this young man...but she didn't want to pull away from him. Selo wasn't intentionally meaning her harm, so she wasn't going to turn her back on him.​

Selo started to scan his memories, looking back as best he could then it hit him. "It was a Manipulator that brought him out." He said, looking up at Anje once more. "They spoke into my mind, first giving me subtle thoughts and images until they had a real grasp on what provoked him. They brought him out to attack their enemies. He must have learned to stop their voices from controlling him." He said and then thought for a moment. "Wait...if he can absorb that technique...then he can do it to others."

He had a moment's pause, "And so can I." He added on. "Try to manipulate me with your voice." He said, jumping out of the bed and standing in the middle of the room. "Tell me to do something." He stated, standing at attention in front of his friend.​

Anje listened to him as he spoke, realizing then why the shade had resisted her voice. It seemed she was going to have to rely on her other abilities to subdue the shade if they ever encountered each other again in the future. Selo then jumped up, in sudden recognition of what this all could imply. He told her to manipulate him.

She sucked in a breath and closed her eyes, centering her power into her voice. When her eyes opened, the lifeless pale orbs were glowing at the rims. When she spoke a moment later, the manipulation urge was nearly impossible to resist, her tone soothing and relaxing, creeping into his senses to make him do what she wanted - "Hit me."​

The surge ran through his ears and entered his brain. For a moment, he was about to hit her, his eyes turning to pure black orbs, raising his fist and then he just stopped. His eyes went normal and he dropped his fist. He looked at her with a slight surprise. "It only made me raise my fist. But it felt like when I was going to a Shade, rather than being manipulated." He informed. "I don't think the voice will work on me then. Though if you give me okays like that, I'm sure Oles will try and comply to them." He warned with a nervous chuckle. He then sat down, looking to the floor now. "Wow...makes me wonder what other abilities me and him can resist." He questioned, then looked up at Anje. "You know?" He asked with a half grin.​

She, too, was surprised. The glow faded from her eyes - she hadn't used the full strength behind her voice manipulation, but pretty damn close. Never had she come across a person who could overcome the manipulations the way Selo did, and Oles. In a way...it frightened her. Would he be able to surpress the shade if he came forth? She wasn't sure.

"Hrm. If he takes me up on the offer, that's up to him. It's not like I'm not prepared when I issue such an order when using the manipulations," she said with a slight chuckle. Her head turned so that she could peer at him, some hair sliding over her shoulder. "I must admit I am curious, as well, if not a little...intimidated. I haven't come across anyone who can resist the manipulations - it's frightening, yet intriguing."​

He looked at her and then shook his head. "I need to get some fresh air." He said, walking to the wall and phasing into the shadow. He then came out at the basket ball court, it being sundown now. He walked around, holding a hand to his head trying to think, while staying in the shadows so he wouldn't drain any energy from him self. "How can I do that? I thought my only actual powers was Shadow Play. Is it the shadows that is giving me a shield against these things?" He questioned aloud.

"Shadow, barrier, help, protecting." A young kid said, maybe the age of eight at most. "Dark beings jump on him and don't want to loose him. They keep him safe while he does what they say, mhmm." He added on, Selo looking over at him. "Aye, who are you? What are you doin' out here?" Selo asked, walking closer. "No get close, Dark Beings want Ingenuus" The boy said, his voice having a slightly Latin accent to it as he spoke now. He then started to murmur something under his breath, speaking Latin now. The whole time her was there, he was crouched down, sitting on his toes, rocking back and forth as if he had a mental disorder.

Selo stopped his advance when the boy, who seemed to call him self Ingenuus, told him to. "Okay, what Dark Beings are you talking about? Are they on me?" He asked, looking about his own body. "Dark Beings can't be seen, not unless they wana be seen. But Ingenuus can see them, yes he can. They whisper in Fox Boy's ear, yes they do." He said, Selo not really understanding what he meant by it all.

((You can have your character come in and find him if you wana jump in here?))​

Anje sighed as Selo phased out of the room through one of the walls. She supposed he had a lot to think over - the only question now? Well, to either wait here, seek him out, or go back to her own room. Each option had its good and bad points, but she figured she should go find Selo and make sure he is okay. The lolita-dress-clad girl hopped up from the bed, pink hair bouncing, and she made her way to the door. Before long, she reached the lobby and left through the back, catching sight of Selo's figure near the basketball court...but that wasn't what she focused on. Apparently, a child was speaking with him.

She wondered what was going on. A soft sigh. He wasn't being challenged again already was he? The young child seemed intent on speaking to him about something, so she waited for a moment before it seemed like Selo was getting maybe a little uncomfortable. She stepped off the back steps of the school and began walking towards them through the now deserted grounds.

"Selo? What's going on?" she asked softly as she stepped towards his side, her doll like eyes seeking out the child's front now that she could be able to see his face.​

Ingenuus
Anime-Boy-1.jpg

The boy looked up to see the doll-like women, her calling Selo. So, that is his name? Wow He thought and then started to rock on his toes again. Selo shrugged, looking at Anje, "I don't know. This kid says there are dark beings on me-" "Dark Beings wana control Selo boy, yes" The boy stated, cutting Selo off. "See?" Selo questioned, looking at his friend. "He calls him Ingenuus." Selo said, trying to remember what that meant. "Isn't that Latin?" He asked, whispering the question to Anje instead of out loud.​

Anje simply raised her brow at the question. After a moment, she nodded to Selo, even as her pale eyes studied the odd young boy sitting before her. She didn't say a word, not for quite a few moments. Just studied the young boy. Curiously. She then lowered herself to her knees in front of him. Anje rested her hands on her thighs and looked at him, on this level, much closer to his own. "Are you speaking of Oles? The Shade that inhabits him?" she asked curiously.​

Ingenuus looked up at the Doll-Girl. "No, the Dark Beings, little guys on his back, whispering secret things." He said and then leaped up, tackling Doll-Girl away from Selo, then stood up and looked at Selo, "Ingenuus save Doll-Girl from Dark Beings, they try whispering evil secrets to her, but Ingenuus stop them." He said, starting to look crazy now. But as he tackled Doll-Girl, he passed a bit of his 'vision' to her. It would allow her to see any spiritual beings for ten minutes then it slowly fades away over a five minute period after those ten minutes. The Dark Beings on Selo looked like little black imps with black flames licking off of them. There were five on his back. There was also a few ghosts around the school grounds.

Anje gasped as the young boy tackled her back onto the ground, mumbling something about the dark beings on Selo again. She set the young boy up and then blinked as she stared at Selo. Dear god, there were dark beings on his back! The boy wasn't crazy. Her eyes widened, then narrowed carefully. "He's right, Selo...I can see them," she murmured curiously, pushing herself to knees again, before standing up, holding a hand out to the young boy to help him up as well. "Do you feel no influence? They are speaking to you," she commented, not really being able to make out what the creatures were saying, but if the boy words were of any indication, they were talking of her to Selo.​

Selo looked at Anje curiously then over his shoulder to try and see what she was talking about. In that moment, her could hear voices speaking in his head. She wants to kill you. She doesn't like you. She'll betray you. Is what Selo heard then shook his head. He knew these things were false, but his mind was grasping them so truthfully. "No...lies, lies!" He said, grabbing his head and shaking it now. "Stop them, why are they speaking to me! Stop them...they're lying!" He said, falling to his knees now.

Ingenuus looked at Selo and crouched down as well, but kept his distance. "Ignore Dark Beings, they go away when they get no attention." He said, trying to look Selo in the eyes now. The boy then looked up at Anje, "Help him, friend comfort better than anything." He said with a soft smile. "He needs to ignore Dark Beings to scare them off." He said, "Or make them stop for now." He added on, knowing that if Selo lived with them his life as a mutant, they would need a lot of ignoring to be taken off him.​

Anje looked worriedly at Selo, then down to the small boy, before nodding and stepping towards her kneeling friend. "Selo! Listen to me," she started, using no manipulation in her voice. She wanted to help him on her own, without her powers. Her form knelt beside his own and she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a gentle embrace. "Listen to me, Selo. Ignore them, don't listen, they're not telling you the truth." She said softly, tightening her arms around him. "I'm not going to turn on you, I'll never betray you, and I really do care about you. You're the first friend, the first person I've ever been drawn to." She hoped her words were helping him. The last she wanted was for Selo to suffer. He was a nice young man and from what little she did know about him, he didn't deserve any sort of torture like this.​

In one instant, Selo stopped suddenly and a black orb circled around him, pushing Anje away from him. "Stay back..." A voice said, similar to the Shade Selo's voice, but with more evil intent within it. SNAP! The sound of bones cracking, as if every single inch of Selo's skeleton had snapped, broken like a twig, and Selo fell to the ground, half unconscious once more. He then slowly stood up, all the shadows having retreated now. Ingenuus stood up and walked over to Selo, poking him in the forehead. "Pote." He said with a giggle as Selo looked at him quirked eyed. Selo then glanced up at Anje and then to the ground.

How can I be a friend of her's? I'm more unstable than those kids... He thought, still looking at the ground. The vision Ingenuus granted to Anje would now wear off, but as it did she would still see the 'demons' on Selo's back, but they would fade into nothingness as the vision did the same, and so would all the other spirits around the grounds. "Sewo such a silly boy now." Ingenuus said with a chuckle. Selo looked up at the boy once more and sighed and chuckled afterward, and smirked up at Anje, showing a face of 'I'm alright, don't worry'. But it was a lie, though not a very noticeable one.​

Anje simply stepped back and surveyed the situation playing out before her. It all seemed so weird, she had never encountered a mutant such as Selo. He wasn't the only ones with problems, though he thought he was. There are secrets that Anje is hiding, as well, one involving the doll she often carried with her. There wasn't a likely chance that her secrets would be discovered unless she became very close friends with the group they had seemed to gather since arriving here at the academy.

Anje watched the young boy, noticing vaguely that whatever he had done to alter her sight was now fading, leaving her to view a now, once again, semi normal world. Selo's lie wasn't lost on her. Being one to control others at times, she was very adept at reading emotions and catching the underlining meanings in words. He wasn't ok, she knew that. What could she do for him?

"Shall we go back inside, Selo?" she asked, before then stopping and looking to the young boy. He seemed more than able to take care of himself, but she was a very caring person and thus offered - "Do you need help back to your dorm room?"

Back
Top Bottom