Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Mutants on the Block (Selo and Anji-Nii-Chan)

Selo

Star
Neko.jpg

Walking up the drive way was a mostly young male wearing all black clothing. He was heading to the Yoshira School for the Gifted. This was no school for normal kids, and by normal they mean regular humans. This school was set up like its counter-part, Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, it was a mutant's school. But unlike Xavier's school, this one didn't have it's own force of mutants that fight of evil, they left that to the X-Men in America. Instead, the kids broke into their own groups and acted out their own ideals like that.

All of it was peaceful enough to prevent full out fights, until a slightly large group of the older kids acted out more harshly than normal. They haven't done much since that fight, and the school was finally open to new students once more, and this young man was one such student. He was around his upper teens, almost in his twenties soon. His mutant powers that were seen by others was his exceptional sight and hearing, flexibility and enhanced athletics. Than also he had a pair of large black fox ears on top of his head, but he had no tail. He also had another power, but he didn't tell it out much. He was able to shift in and out of shadows, and use the shadows to 'repair' his body.

He had a bag slung over his shoulder and another on his back. He walked up to where his dorm was and walked in, tossing his bag into a corner. It was still the break at that time, so he had free time to roam around and get used to the place. And that was what he was going to do. He headed out, his black hair covering over his eyes, but not at all hindering his vision. He listened in on people's conversations with out them knowing, watching all the other boys play sports such as basketball and football, while others, like him, just sat or stood around. He had his hands in his pocket, and was one of the oddest out there, if that was possible, by wearing all black on a sunny day, and pants to boot.​

goth-anime.jpg

The school had been through its fair share of trials; it didn't have to have a super human crime fighting team to have its own problems. It had split down the middle during its original stay among the population - good students versus the rebels, the students who had decided they were better and wanted the world in the palm of their hands. Anje had been on the good side of the split and had defended the school and its honor, but due to the damage the rebels had caused, the school had to be closed. That meant Anje had to return home.

Today, however, she was happy to receive the letter telling her she was able to go back. The joy she felt in her heart could not be described with words; she had never fit in with society being a mutant as she was. People were afraid of her and her abilities. Her most well-known ability was 'puppet-master'. She could control people's actions like they were on strings, to an extent, but it was the power people feared the most. You fear what you cannot control. It was a common practice.

She was unpacking now, in her single room; nobody had wanted to room with her, which she expected. So, really, it didn't bother her too much. She was more of a solitude persuasion. After she was done packing, Anje decided to explore the school's redone layout. It was as beautiful as she remembered but she really wanted to find out what had become of the gardens.

Her black lolita type of dress was low cut, tight, and fell to her mid thighs. The sleeves were short, trimmed with lace, and puffy. A black ribbon tied around her neck and connected with a unique design to her dress. Her long light pink hair fell down her back and stuck out against her milky pale skin, a small top hat of sorts adorning it; a rose from the time of the old school decorated the brim beautifully. Long black stockings reached her knees and she wore school girl type loafers; basically, she stood out, but she didn't mind it since she felt so out of place to begin with.

She skipped down the stairs like she was hopping clouds and made her way out the back doors towards the gardens.

He walked around, feeling most people were ignoring him except the few who spoke about his ears he proudly wore. He walked towards a tree and sank into it's shadow, as if through a hole in the ground. He then came out in a more secluded place, the gardens. The only people here were some florakenetics, or people who could control plants, and a few other people. Despite his true like to death, his other was to plants, namely flowers. He knelt down in front of some red and white rose bushes, holding one up between two fingers.

"Such a small thing to catch the hearts of so many people." He said softly, standing up now. He looked up at the mostly cloudy sky, hating the sun as that was his main weakness. He could stretch shadows out when he repaired him self, but only so far in sun light. Sun light also weakened his usage of any shadow power, but did not affect his physical abilities. The longer he stayed in the sun, the weaker his power gets, but starts to replenish it self while he sits in pure darkness, the clouds were a neutral zone for him. "Still too bright." He said, his eyes having adjusted to almost pure darkness.

He then looked to a set of stairs and saw a girl in a lolita out-fit, a black maid dress and a top hat head band. She's an interesting character. He thought and then he faded down into the bush's shadow, moving out of sight and came out in her shadow behind her. "Lovely evening, isn't it?" He questioned, leaning over her shoulder as he said it softly.​

"My goodness!" The girl said in surprise as she turned to face this young man who'd approached her as if from air. He looked about her age, herself being 18 - just old enough to escape her parents over protective clutches. "You startled me," it was said with a small laugh, "not that it shouldn't be something I should expect considering where we are."

She turned on her heel with a smile, her hands folded behind her back as she trotted towards the flowers. "It is beautiful today," she answered his question finally as she leaned over to touch her fingertips to the air just above a rose. Then she twiddled her fingers and the flower followed accordingly. She gave out a giggle and then sat down on the fountian ridge just opposite the rose bushes.

Her pale, doll-like eyes moved back to the man with the fox ears; unusal that. She had never seen it before. Interesting.
"I am Anjerika Yumino, but I suppose you may call me Anje. It's what they all call me."

He smirked as she walked to the fountain. "Call me Selo Golna Yaku. You can call me Shadow Fox." He said with a smirk. He then perked his ears to one side as he heard some noise. "What was that?" He questioned, the voice very faint, even to him. "Sounds like...arguing." He said and started to walk off in the direction. "Wana come and check it out with me?" He questioned, looking back to Anje.

He stood with his hands in his pockets, slightly slouched over. His hair blew in the soft breeze, just barely revealing his perfect blue eyes, them being the brightest part about him, other than his pale skin which probably lost more than half its pigment. He almost looked like a ghost in fact, having avoided the sun for nearly seven to eight years, even before then he spent most of his time in the house rather than playing out door games.​

Selo...an interesting name to go with an interesting man. The doll-like girl tilted her head and her light pink hair spilled across a pale shoulder. "Arguing?" Anje listened closely, but could hear nothing. Extensive hearing wasn't really her forte, though. "I will take your word for it since this seems to be one of your areas of expertise." She pushed herself up off the fountian ridge. She, too, was pale, unbelievably so. She figured it had something to do with her abilites; a doll for a doll. Of sorts. It didn't help that she wore all black for the exception of the white rose attached to her hat.

"I will follow you then, Selo." She nodded her head in a salute of sorts, indicating that he should take the lead since she wasn't aware of where the fighting was taking place. Fighting was something she did not want here. Not after what had happened last time. She wasn't about to lose her home...again.

Selo then smirked and walked of, leaping over the bushes with simple ease. He then started to go with a brisk jog to where he heard the noises, making sure Anje kept up. When he got there it was a Pyrokenetic fighting what seemed like a speed-demon. The fight seemed to be favoring the speed-demon, but Selo didn't feel like seeing it end with either of them winner.

He then sank into the ground where the crowd was casting a shadow and came up in the middle of the fit, black tendrils grasping the feet of both combatants. "Stop it, now!" He ordered and the pyro got ready to burn him with the already lite flame. Selo spun on a heel, swinging his foot into the air and struck the flame with his boot, putting the flame out before he shot it out. "I said stop." Selo stated with more force. "And who are you, my dad?" The Speed-demon questioned. "No, I am the one stopping this fight. I just got here and I am not wanting to get kicked out because a couple of teens can't control them selves enough to leave it to words." He said, still holding both of the kids by they ankles.

"No, will you two quite it?" He ordered, his hands held like fists, bent at the elbows and aimed at either boy. The boys looked angered by Selo's intervention but then loosened up. Selo then pulled the shadows down slowly when he saw them do this. "Good." He said and started to walk off, the crowd already breaking up now, seeing as Selo became the kill-joy. When Selo turned his back, the Pyrokenetic lite his lighter back up and started to shoot his back, the Speed-Demon rushing him. Selo then sank into the building's shadow, just before either of them got close, and came out next to Anje. "Come on, these guys don't seem to like me much any more." He said with a chuckle and started to make with the crowd.​

Anje's wide eyes stared at the angry students as they went about being pompous jackasses. When Selo popped up beside her, she moved slightly in front of him to face the two as they approached more cautiously this time. "Stop," she said, "fighting will get you nowhere. In fact, fighting will get our school shut down. So it would be in your best interest to cease and desist." The two were eyeing her warily. Her powers were unknown to general populace, so they had no clue what they would be up against. "If you do not," Anje warned, "you will force my hand and you will have no choice but to stop." Her voice had taken on a soothing note, a timbre that tickled the senses. Selo would see through it with his superior hearing; it was another tactic of puppet masters, to control with their voices. Influence those around them to do what they wanted. The speed demon was falling into her trap pretty easily, as was the arsonist. They probably hadn't come up against someone with this ability, especially with the doll like appearance she gave.

"Now," she smiled politely and wiggled her fingers in a walk, "go." The two departed, walking away from them against their will. Their steps were a tad jerky as if they were fighting them all the way and they made no sound as Anje made sure to keep their smartass traps shut. When they made it into the building, she released the control and turned away from the crowd that was now peering at her curiously.

"Come, Selo." She said. "The fight appears to be over and I was quite enjoying the tranquility of the gardens."

Selo's ears were going crazy as he started to her her voice. It was like he heard her voice with his ears, and his mind, but seeing as she directed her powers on the other two, the power wouldn't affect him as harshly. He had noticed this power before, but only once, and it was used on him. His sensitive ears made it hard for him to counter-act such a controlling power, and made him an easy target for that kind of power as well.

"Y-yeah." He said, slightly unnerved at what he heard, but still seemed to like hanging out with Anje. He had publicly displayed his more secretive powers, and knew he would most likely regret doing that later. Soon they made it back to the garden and Selo stopped. "Correct me, your power is being able to control people through your voice, isn't it?" He asked once they were mostly alone. Only one other person was there, but they were out of hearing range and probably wasn't even paying attention.

Selo turned and faced her, crossing his arms over hist chest. "I heard that tone of voice once before, and when I did all I remembered after was me sitting in my house when I was all ten minutes away from there. I heard it more directly back then than just now with your voice, but I still remember that tone." He said, also having a vivid memory to boot with his mutant powers, a more human 'power' he had.​

Anje placed herself before a lovely rose bush, one mixed with red, white, pink, and yellow roses. Her right hand hovered over a yellow rose and she once again wiggled her fingers. The petals of the flower danced in time with her slim fingertips. "It's one of my stronger abilities, yes." Anje said to him as the wind shifted through her hair. "I am what one would call a puppet master. I am no master, but my abilities seem to revolve around puppet-like things. Making people into puppets, dolls, and whatnot. The voice is one aspect of that. As well as body control, as if they were connected to my fingertips by thread. I'm told there is more, but I've yet to discover what else I can do."

She was sure to keep her voice low; even if the person near them wasn't a threat, she wasn't about to expose her vunerabilities to someone she didn't know. Though, that was really what she was doing, wasn't it? Selo was a stranger to her, but she didn't get the vibe off of him that would make her wary of being in his presence. "Why do you ask, Selo?" She questioned, looking up at him from her perch with curious eyes.

Selo looked to the ground in front of him. That kind of power would make someone very distrusted, because how do you know they won't use their powers on you? Selo then looked to her and could see through her eyes that she wasn't the type to abuse her powers. "I...just wanted to be sure, is all." He said then smirked, putting his hands in his pockets once more. He looked over at the other person near by, seeing them hover water over plants and drizzle it down on them. A water controller, interesting.

He looked back at Anje and smirked. That could explain her doll-like appearance. I had thought she was more like my, a recluse from the sun. There is a lot of things that I should try and figure out now. He thought, being an analyst of many things. He wanted to know stuff, and the more he knew the happier he was, and more prepared for things as well. Such as with the pyro earlier, he had already learned most pyros needed a source to use their fire, they manipulated it, not create it. That helped him get rid of his power and render him useless so he could better defend him self.

What other ways can she control people? I shouldn't ask her to figure it out on classmates though, she might not like that and it would be wrongly using her powers on others. He thought, staring out into space now, his eyes aimed at the flowers as he did think. It was obvious he was deep in thought, anyone could look at him and tell he wasn't looking at the flowers.​

Anje nodded, catching the subtle hint that he wanted to know more but wasn't going to pry. She raised her eyes, still playing with the flower as she looked to the other body in the school's gardens; it was a woman, one who looked about the same age as them, maybe younger. Anje had seen her earlier; she was out here using her water abilites to make sure the plants were watered. Anje smiled and pushed herself up from her crouch.

"Miss! Would you like to come and sit with us?" she called out, sending the subtle invitation on the wind which she knew would reach the girls ears.

water.jpg

Mizu perked up, raising her multi colored hues to stare at the girl that was addressing her from across the fountian. She stopped her hands from continuing to water the flowers in front of her, deciding to see what the girl and her companion wanted. She jumped up onto the fountian ridge and stepped literally onto the water. Her sandaled feet skimmed the surface as she walked across and before long she was standing on the other side in front of the two, in her simple, kimono style dres - it was white, loosely tied open to show her pale neck and upper chest, little patterned leaves decorated the silk material in an assortment of colors. A red sash tied it shut at her waist, coming together at the back with a bow, the remaints of the sash flowing behind her.

Her long jet black hair was spilling down her back and floating on the breeze behind her, a red comb rose clip pulling it back out of her face, beads hanging off it in a cute design. A brown eye stared at the two, a blue one doing exactly the same. She smiled softly, "hello there." Her voice was soft, innocent; the girl herself was only 15 and was here at the school due to her parents orders. Everyone in her family was normal except for her, so they'd sent her off to avoid any reprocussions her abilites would have on the family. She seemed friendly enough, standing there before them.

Selo then looked up to hear Anje calling to the other person over. Selo watched her and saw how she walked on the water. She can increase the surface tension of water as well? So she doesn't only manipulate, she controls. Selo inferred. "Evening." Selo said in a kind tone or voice. He then looked to Anje with a look of asking what she was doing. She put his hands in his pockets and looked to the sky, seeing the sun start to come out.

He would move under a close by tree, a small one but it provided enough shade for him to hide from the sun. "Hope you don't mind my evasion for the time being." He stated, nodding his head to the sky as he looked at Anje. "The names Selo, what's yours?" He questioned, looking at the hydrokenetic. His hair dropped down over his eyes once more as the breeze died down. Selo could feel there was somebody watching them, but heard nothing of them, yet.

Boy-1.jpg

The boy stood on the building's edge, looking down at the three people speaking amongst each other, having followed the water controller. "The names Selo, what's yours?" The only male would say. Damion smirked as the winds shifted once more, blowing through all of their hair again. Hmm...I wonder what other powers they have. He questioned, having been in the crowd during the fight.

He leaped off the building and started to drop and then floated down and landed about seven feet away. "HEY!" He called out in a cheerful tone. "I couldn't help but over hear the convo here. Wussup with all ya'll?" He questioned with a smirk on his face. "OH! By the way you can call me Ion, but my named is Damion. I've gone by Ion for most of my life just to let ya 'know." He said, his voice soft and flowed in the breeze. There was a soft wind circling him, it didn't hinder hearing him or him hearing the others, it just made ripples in his clothing and hair.

There really was no rhyme or reason as to why Anje was doing what she was doing. Having been part of the school's original downfall, she wanted to get to know a good number of the students; possibly to help avoid and prevent what had happened before. As the new comer landed and addressed them, Anje's large and pale eyes would study him quietly. "Ion, huh? It's nice to meet you, my name is Anjerika." She said softly, idly beginning to play with a tiny yarn ball she had pulled from her pocket. "Call me Anje if you'd prefer." She glanced over at the water user and nodded. "Thank-you for joining us. You may call me Anje as well."

She played with the string as the soft smile was addressed to small group they seemed to be forming. She glanced at Selo to see how he was handling this and saw that he was melding with the shadows comfortably, resting outside the rays of the evening sun.

"As you wish, Anje." She glanced with her mis-matching eyes to the males in the group. "A pleasure, Selo. And to you as well, Ion." She seated herself beside the other girl, studying the men; she had seen a bit of the fight that has occurred but not much. In awe of Anje's abilities, as well as Selo's. "My name is Mayuno, but I've always called myself Mizu - water is pretty much who I am and that's why I like the name." The girl was also obviously of japanese heritage; the only thing that was off was her eyes, but that had been an attribute that had come forth along with her abilities.

"What y'all conversing about?" Ion asked, looking from one person to the next carefully. So the Shadow User named Selo couldn't stand in the sunlight, but why? He then looked to the one named Mizu, Japanese descent, water controller, and still kind of young. The third person, another girl, was named Anjerika, or Anje. Ion couldn't tell what her power was, maybe she was a plant controller, until he saw her pull out a ball of yarn and started to control that as well. A controller of all, puppet master. That is a very useful ability indeed. He thought, the more he knew about his friends the better.

Selo looked at Ion and could tell he was trying to figure them out, just as much as he was them. "We just started talking, so nothing much." Selo said, in a half apathetic tone. He looked to Anje and then to Mizu, and finally to Ion. "So, how long have all of you been going here?" He questioned as he looked to each one. "I just got here today. I normally stay hidden quite well." He said with a smirk.

"I've been here since I was about twelve. I'm sixteen now." Ion said with a smirk and sat down. The amazing thing about him sitting, his head and torso stayed at the same height as when he was standing, an empty space between him and the ground. A soft howling of wind coming from below him was also heard as the wind picked up.

Anje listened as the two men of the group conversed. She smiled, playing with the thread she'd pulled from her pocket. Her eyes raised as the question was posed. "I've been here since the school opened 6 years ago, so since I was 12 as well, Ion." She said it with a smile, then looked curiously at Mizu to see what the other girl would say. Her thoughts wandered as she turned to observe Ion's floating - the wind had picked up to flow beneath him, so she was assuming that his power had something to do with controlling the wind. That was probably why he had been able to hear their conversation even though he hadn't been close to them.

Mizu took her turn to answer the question. "3 days for me," she said. "My parents were afraid I'd disgrace the family, so they sent me here." She tilted her head, the black hair spilling over one shoulder as she looked to Selo with a smile. "It appears we are the newbies here, Selo-kun."

Selo looked to Mizu and nodded in agreement. The two of them were the new people on the block. "Disgrace the family? Sounds like they were just afraid of your powers, or afraid of what other would think about them if someone found about a mutant in the linage." Selo commented. He started to sound like a few of the people who did not like humans, but Selo was only commenting. "My family sent me to live on my own as if I were a normal kid. They never found out I was a mutant until I sprouted my ears." He said with a chuckle.

"My family just never liked me at all. Once they found out I was a mutant they thought it was a perfect chance to rid my presence from them." Damion stated still floating where he was. "I guess I'm sorta lucky...or not." He said starting to ponder the situation.

Mizu listened to Selo intently, then nodded. "Yes, I do believe you are right. Coming from a traditional japanese family, something that would disturb the order would be seen as a unneccassary occurance." She nodded again. "The heir to the family can't be anything other than ordinary," her hands played with the water in the fountian base, "and I am far from ordinary, so once they had another child to ensure the stability of the family, I was sent here." She looked back to smile. "That's alright with me though. I can already tell I will be much happier here than at home."​

Anje listened to each of their stories as to how they'd came to the school. She knew one of them would ask her for a similar story, but she didn't say anything and only listened. Her small, thin, but feminine fingers continued to play with the thread. A few moments later, a loud bell rang out. Anje's head lifted and she smiled, saying, "that would be the class bell. We should get to homeroom." It would be the last class of the day, just one to where a attendence could be recorded to make sure all the students were present before night.​

Selo heard the bell and looked to the other three. "What was that bell for? I thought classes wouldn't start for a little while now." Selo questioned looking mainly at Anje for an answer. Ion left before Selo had asked his question and wasn't controlling any winds to hear the question, so he continued on walking. Selo would follow behind Anje until he got an answer to his question, or until she got to a place where he wasn't allowed to follow.​

Anje watched as Mizu ran off ahead, not really surprised that the youngest of them seemed to be so eager and forthright. She hung back and walked with Selo at a leisure pace, her fingers still idly twiddling with the the thread. It seemed as if it were hard for her to keep her hands idle - a side effect she was sure had to do with her set of abilities. She peered over at Selo as he questioned her and smiled knowingly at his confusion. "It's not really a class, per say." She nodded and opened the main door, allowing him to walk in before following. "After the last incident that caused the school's closure, mandatory periodic records of attendence were set into motion. Every morning and evening, we are required to go to homeroom so that the teacher's can make sure none of the students are falandering about, causing trouble." She was saying this as she took the stairs to the second floor hall, heading to room 2-C.

Selo listened to Anje's words and nodded to it all. This was giving him an idea. What if we stopped the kids who were fighting? Maybe try and get them to see it affects everyone and not just them? Possibly get them to stop fighting in all or something... He started to think, and then pulled out the small slip of paper with his room number on it. "4-A. Hmm...I guess that's the fourth floor then?" He questioned no one in particular. "Aye, Anje! Meet me in the gardens tomorrow, I wana talk to you about somethin'." He called out just before she got out of sight and headed to his single room. He requested it, not liking to share a room. He would head to the room and immediately start to head for bed, and do what was required or what not for the school.​

After the attendance was taken, Anjerika left to return to her room where she sprawled out on her bed, in thought. The fight earlier had made her see that nothing at this school had really changed. There were still the egotistical partakers who only attended in hopes to show off their powers to the world. These were the types of mutants that Anje disliked the most. She saw her powers as a way to help make the world a more peaceful place, but apparently she was the only one who thought so. She sighed and soon, she was asleep.

It was at 8 in the morning that she woke and she vaguely remembered Selo saying something about wanting her to meet him in the gardens because he had something he wanted to talk to her about. She redressed in her lolita clothes and combed her hair. She then picked up the small doll that always went wherever she resided and sat it on her shoulder. The pale little male doll seemed to sit up on his accord and was dressed in a simple suit, with hair and eyes as pale as her own. Anje turned and left her room, making her way down the stairs and out the back door that led to the gardens. When she arrived, she no sign of Selo yet, so she sat beneath the tree he'd favored the day before, leaning back against the trunk in the shadows.

Selo came out standing next to Anje, wearing a pair of clothing similar to what he wore the other day. He was also leaning against the tree, standing up, looking down at his new friend. "I was thinking about what we did yesterday, with that fight." Selo said out of no where. "What if we tried and teach all the kids like that? Or show them that fight harms more than the person in front of them, aye?" Selo suggested, pushing off the tree but staying in the shadows still.

"Sounds like a grand idea to me! I'd love to show some bad kids how the rest of us feel!" Damion said floating in on what looked like an orb of swirling air.

"I'm not wanting to cause any harm or trouble. I just want to show them that their fighting is getting everyone in trouble, and not just them." Selo stated plainly in his defense.

"Oh, yeah, sure. I understand completely. But you gotta realize, not all the baddies will listen to reason and that's when ya gotta beat it down into 'em!" Damion said, hopping off his power-made vehicle.

Anje didn't jump or show any surprise this time when Selo chose to appear using the shadows that belonged to the tree she was leaning against. She listened to what he had to say, but before she could respond, the air user was back and joined in the conversation. She couldn't help the small chuckle that slipped free from her lips. It almost felt like it was the old days of the school, before the egotistical students had caused it to close.

"I do believe it sounds like a good idea," she said once she found a moment of silence between the two men. "I did something like that, before the school was shut down."

Mizu was lounging on the fountian ledge not too far away from the small group conversed. She was listening intently, kicking her feet idly as they hung over the edge. "It sounds like a good idea to me!" she said with a chuckle after Anje had spoken her piece.

(I will be posting here shortly to our Naruto one; I fell a little behind. @.@)

Selo smirked at how the others agreed to do what he asked of them, not many people would do this kind of thing they were doing. "And I think those kids we stopped yesterday may have a bit of a vendetta against us now, so lets look out for them from now on, they may be targeting us for their next deed." Selo warned. "We might have to stick mostly together as best we can too, so we can watch each others backs. There can be some people our powers are either weak against or have no affect at all." Selo advised, knowing that the other three should already have known this or thought of it.

Ion smirked and could hear voices near by. "Some people are close." He said and Selo nodded, "I hear them too." Selo stated, looking up in to the distance. "But the sun is limiting my vision right now. I can hardly see fifteen feet ahead of me." He said, his judgment of distance off. Ion could see the people speaking clearly, and most likely the two girls too, one of them being the fire manipulator from the other day, and two of his friends. "Their talking about fighting Selo here." Ion said and Selo simply crossed his arms over his chest as a reply.

Back
Top Bottom