Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What are you listening to? Podcast Edition

Despite co-hosting a podcast myself, I actually almost never listen to any.

The one I do listen to regularly is RSlash, a reddit storytime narrator. First of all, the stories are just funny, and given he releases a 15-20 minute episode every day, they make for good listening while I am making dinner or something of the sort.

So I don’t actually listen to any podcast on a regular basis. I’ve considered creating my own or something similar……reading and retelling perhaps paranormal stories that aren’t so well known. Steering away from the usual ya know….Lizzy Borden, Alcatraz, The Conjuring Haunting….and so on. I’d rather dig up, state by state, little known stories and get them out there.

But I digress! I have recently listened to one episode of Hypocondriactor……I’m sure anyone that knows me could have guessed this one a mile off! 🤣

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/robert-downey-jr-cat-scratch-fever/id1564442937?i=1000552669764

I just started listening to “Just Like Us: The tabloids that changed America”. It’s about the cultural impact of celebrity tabloids and paparazzi from the early 2000s. Gets into all the insanity around Britney Spears and celebrity couples and such. I can’t stand celeb gossip and tabloids, but hearing a retrospective on it is really interesting.

Currently binging The Magnus Archives. It's an incredibly well written serialized/episodic series detailing the head archivist of a supernatural research organization known as the Magnus Institute. Episodes are mostly episodic, with the protagonist, Johnathan Sims, simply recording statements from various characters from different points in time, but it's the ay the stories are told, the extremely unique and utterly horrifying horror concepts, and the way...the best way I can describe it is that you're told to put together several different puzzles. Each episode, you might not get any pieces. but sometimes, you get a piece to one of the puzzles. It's not in any order, in the setting it's explained as the archives being mismanaged, but slowly different storylines begin to leave together. You start making connections between different stories. It's possibly the best experience I've ever had with a podcast.

Back
Top Bottom